PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Sweepstakes

dabom
01-30-2018, 12:57 AM
Kawhi takes less than supermax and Lebron takes a cut too. Getting older.

Lebron, Kawhi, LMA makes a super Big 3.

Patty and Murray are must keeps.

Instant favorites.

dabom
01-30-2018, 12:58 AM
Chinook break down some numbers. Add Green if we can afford it.

dabom
01-30-2018, 01:02 AM
The media is pressuring Lebron. Same way LMA got pressured. It's a "No-Brainer" from all sides. We can compete for some Championships.

Imagine 6 :lobt2: and 7 :lobt2:.

Kawhi 3 time FMVP.

dabom
01-30-2018, 01:13 AM
Lebron 5 time Champion with 3 FMVP and 4 MVPs. Who says no. Do it Lebron.

TheGreatYacht
01-30-2018, 01:33 AM
Lebron and Kawhi ain't taking paycuts for Fatty House :lmao

spurs10
01-30-2018, 01:46 AM
I for one (many) was really hopeful about Irving because I could see how great he’d be with Kawhi. That ship has sailed, for now, and I’m thinking LeBron might really be interested in being with Kawhi and Pop. Why wouldn’t he want to work with a coach he considers ‘the best,’ as he said yesterday on Pop’s birthday. :toast

dabom
01-30-2018, 01:59 AM
"I'm taking my talents to the Alamo".

99 Problems
01-30-2018, 06:12 AM
Whi, Bron Bron & MVP Millsmania all in the Cadillac, simply no stopping us....tbh.... :convertib Noway any one gets the keys to the Caddy from us.

dabom
01-30-2018, 06:19 AM
Whi, Bron Bron & MVP Millsmania all in the Cadillac, simply no stopping us....tbh.... :convertib Noway any one gets the keys to the Caddy from us.

Top 15 with takes like that brah.

ElNono
01-30-2018, 06:22 AM
He would instantly become the Spurs fourth best player after Kawhi, Manu and Patty, tbh...

NameLess Scrub
01-30-2018, 06:40 AM
I for one (many) was really hopeful about Irving because I could see how great he’d be with Kawhi. That ship has sailed, for now, and I’m thinking LeBron might really be interested in being with Kawhi and Pop. Why wouldn’t he want to work with a coach he considers ‘the best,’ as he said yesterday on Pop’s birthday. :toast

For the same reason they never come, imo: it's not just about winning, it's about everything else too. It's about money, and credit, and stats.

But yeah, the would play well together.

tbdog
01-30-2018, 07:46 AM

Lebron wants control. He wants certain players and holds his franchise at ransom. Pop and Buford have full control. No player does. It will be the biggest obstacle for Lebron to join us.

Brazil
01-30-2018, 08:33 AM
Patty is must keep.

:lol

spursistan
01-30-2018, 09:13 AM
Lebron and Kawhi ain't taking paycuts for Fatty House :lmao

BillMc
01-30-2018, 09:17 AM
Lebron 5 time Champion with 3 FMVP and 4 MVPs. Who says no. Do it Lebron.

I'd like to see him here bro but its unlikely. By the way, I believe he's a 3 time champ.

sasaint
01-30-2018, 09:20 AM
I'd like to see him here bro but its unlikely. By the way, I believe he's a 3 time champ.

Yeah, I think he was projecting...

BillMc
01-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Yeah, I think he was projecting...

Ok, My bad.

coachmac87
01-30-2018, 11:02 AM
I think it’s more interesting to play with Houston’s cap and compare it to ours..

I’d honestly be a little worried of Paul taking less just so LeBron can join..

I think it’s more intriguing for LeBron to win titles with his friends and bigger city/market...

I’m interested to see who’d have an easier chance putting a better team together..someone who knows should figure it out lol

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-30-2018, 11:10 AM
I think it’s more interesting to play with Houston’s cap and compare it to ours..

I’d honestly be a little worried of Paul taking less just so LeBron can join..

I think it’s more intriguing for LeBron to win titles with his friends and bigger city/market...

I’m interested to see who’d have an easier chance putting a better team together..someone who knows should figure it out lol

Even if Paul gets only $25 mil and they trade away Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Tucker for nothing and renounce Capella and Ariza, they'll barely be able to fit LeBron in at the max.

Their best chance would be if they pull off a trade similar to last season's Paul trade, where LeBron would pick his player option and Cleveland would receive a package around Anderson and Gordon.

coachmac87
01-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Even if Paul gets only $25 mil and they trade away Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, Tucker for nothing and renounce Capella and Ariza, they'll barely be able to fit LeBron in at the max.

Their best chance would be if they pull off a trade similar to last season's Paul trade, where LeBron would pick his player option and Cleveland would receive a package around Anderson and Gordon.

Well I’d expect that to happen if the case...now what about the Spurs?

Dex
01-30-2018, 11:35 AM
Lebron wants control. He wants certain players and holds his franchise at ransom. Pop and Buford have full control. No player does. It will be the biggest obstacle for Lebron to join us.

IMO, this is the biggest thing that is keeping Lebron out of SA.

Lebron, Kawhi, and LMA would be formidable even with a bunch of GLeaguers around them. The respect between Pop, Lebron, and the Spurs is well documented. And I do believe that Lebron wants to beat GSW, not join them.

But look at how Lebron has dominated Cleveland since he went there...forcing the Wiggins/Love trade, getting Blatt fired (and keeping puppet Lue in his seat), pushing big contracts for his buddies, and demanding trades any time the going gets tough.

Pop and the Spurs won't stand for that nonsense, even for Lebron. And you have to bet that Lebron knows that.

Would he really be willing to give up all control to be with the Spurs and extend his career? I'm not holding my breath.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Well I’d expect that to happen if the case...now what about the Spurs?

There was an article posted here recently that described one scenario for the Spurs to do it pretty well. In very simple terms :

- Danny, Rudy - opt out, renounced. Parker - renounced, Manu - stretched ( although there are scenarios in which he could return and play )

Then :
Scenario 1 : trade away Pau, Mills
Scenario 2 : trade away LMA

Phenomanul
01-30-2018, 01:18 PM
He would instantly become the Spurs fourth best player after Kawhi, Manu and Patty, tbh...

And we all know that your client would absolutely extend his retirement at least by a year. :toast

phxspurfan
01-30-2018, 01:21 PM
Would he really be willing to give up all control to be with the Spurs and extend his career

yes. He's like 34 now isn't he? He's matured past his younger self and now has his eyes on the prize. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Pop and LeBron having dinner over the offseason and getting this done. They both have legacies that would benefit greatly from each other (kind of like Phil Jackson and his stars).

Proxy
01-30-2018, 01:37 PM
look at it like a learning experience to be with Pop and RC if he wanted to do that GM shit post retirement. Pipe dream fantasy that he'd see it that way obv

Keepin' it real
01-30-2018, 04:49 PM
I wonder what Pop would do if LeBron said something to the effect of "I'll play for the Spurs, but you're not gonna yell at me or show me up. I ain't no Tim Duncan. If you can get over yourself, I'll sign up. "

spurraider21
01-30-2018, 04:54 PM
what would dabom do if lebron said "ill only join if they get rid of patty"

daledondale
01-30-2018, 04:57 PM
what would dabom do if lebron said "ill only join if they get rid of patty"

tenbeersbold
01-30-2018, 05:35 PM
Lebron is coming out West.His legacy aint gonna be happy with 3 rings.

I'm actually thinking OKC is where he'll land being that with Adams,George,Melo and Westbrook he can slot into a GS crushing machine and pick up a quick 2 rings to end his career if not 3.
Can't see him doing a KD and joining the team that whupped him.

dbreiden83080
01-30-2018, 05:59 PM

No interest in him coming at all TBH. He will be 34 next year, and he would come here for what 2 or 3 years to try and be that final piece to win a few more. Is that going to mean much to actual Spurs fans? Not to me. He is not a Spur, just like he was never really a member of the Heat. He just rented himself out..

BatManu20
01-30-2018, 11:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU18h6NXkAEjpN_.jpg:large

TheDoctor
01-31-2018, 12:01 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DU18h6NXkAEjpN_.jpg:large
Bron already looking fat in Spurs uniform smdh tbh

dabom
01-31-2018, 12:05 AM

dabom
01-31-2018, 12:16 AM
The quote of the year.

BatManu20
01-31-2018, 12:21 AM

TheDoctor
01-31-2018, 12:29 AM
Everybody’s writing and shit about LBJ playing for the Spurs because it ain’t “realistic” at all but if he ends up signing with SA, everyone will be shitting their pants and what’s not.

spursistan
01-31-2018, 06:04 AM

He is a Rocket next summer. These Superstars care about their numbers and that's why they will never play for Pop..And this case, D'Antoni provides a favorable opposite extreme..

tholdren
01-31-2018, 06:52 AM

Needs more rest

Keepin' it real
02-01-2018, 10:42 AM
First Take is reporting that LeBum wants to take his talents to Oracle. I hope he does. That would either destroy the league or force the league to come up with rules to stop this "super team" nonsense.

MultiTroll
02-01-2018, 10:49 AM
First Take is reporting that LeBum wants to take his talents to Oracle. I hope he does. That would either destroy the league or force the league to come up with rules to stop this "super team" nonsense.

NBA and Stern Jr. aren't going to do shit about it.

OTOH how epic would it be to see them get beat.