PDA

View Full Version : Warriors, Spurs, Heat Atop LeBron James' List

Leetonidas
02-01-2018, 02:18 PM
LeBron James would listen to the Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs if they open up a max slot. James would also consider the Miami Heat to a lesser degree. James has the most respect for those three franchises.

James wouldn't rule out the Los Angeles Lakers and Houston Rockets, as well as re-signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers.

James won't consider signing with the Los Angeles Clippers.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/248798/Warriors-Spurs-Heat-Atop-LeBron-James-List-Wont-Rule-Out-Lakers-Rockets-Cavs

Probably bullshit but you never know

Leetonidas
02-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Also fuck GS. If lebron goes to the Warriors fuck the NBA

DisAsTerBot
02-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Lmao if he were to go to the Warriors

Brazil
02-01-2018, 02:21 PM
^not sure how this would be possible tbh...

NASpurs
02-01-2018, 02:22 PM
https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/02/01/lebron-warriors-lebron-james-golden-state-nba-2018-rumor-news-report-salary-free-agent-2018-trade-cleveland-cavaliers-kevin-durant/

Kurtenbach: LeBron James isn’t going to sign with the Warriors, but that truth won’t stop the conversation

DisAsTerBot
02-01-2018, 02:24 PM
Right, not sure that it would work money wise but still how stupid would that be

baseline bum
02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Thank god for that $28.5 million Buford gave Mills + Gasol for next season to ensure the Spurs won't have that max slot for LeBron.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 02:32 PM
Not enough culture. Pass

coachmac87
02-01-2018, 02:33 PM
Thank god for that $28.5 million Buford gave Mills + Gasol for next season to ensure the Spurs won't have that max slot for LeBron.

It’s called trading..not sure if you’ve heard of it..

You kinda like the Clippers just traded a 272M contract (Griffin)

Dex
02-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Right, not sure that it would work money wise but still how stupid would that be

If it were to happen, the Warriors would look vastly different. They'd probably have to move both Draymond and Klay while getting Durant and Curry to agree to a pay cut.

Granted, a team of Curry, Durant, and Lebron still breaks the NBA, but it's not like they'd be the same squad plus Lebron.

baseline bum
02-01-2018, 02:37 PM

Detroit got a star player out of it. What sweetener are the Spurs offering to get someone to take those contracts? Aldridge would be the only thing short of Leonard that could get that done, and that would only make sense if the Spurs could find someone with almost $50 million of capspace to absorb that after they got a commitment from LeBron plus George or Paul.

TimDunkem
02-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Detroit got a star player out of it. What sweetener are the Spurs offering to get someone to take those contracts? Aldridge would be the only thing short of Leonard that could get that done, and that would only make sense if the Spurs could find someone with almost $50 million of capspace to absorb that after they got a commitment from LeBron plus George or Paul.

There's always a sucker ready to take your trash in the NBA. If the Spurs can't move their contracts, then Buford isn't trying or needs to be fired.

hater
02-01-2018, 02:48 PM
Fake news

DAF86
02-01-2018, 02:50 PM

Yeah well, thing is now you have to trade assets to get rid of them, whilst with the other way you didn't to give up anything. In fact, chances were that you could have signed them (at least Gasol, who would have expired this next offseason) for less money. I'm pretty sure Gasol would have accepted a huge pay cut if Lebron came here.

rjv
02-01-2018, 02:50 PM
There's always a sucker ready to take your trash in the NBA. If the Spurs can't move their contracts, then Buford isn't trying or needs to be fired.

exactly. if anything that this summer and even this trade season has shown; teams can make cap space and for far less (player wise) than what one would have thought.

TheDoctor
02-01-2018, 02:51 PM
Haven’t gotten over himself
Ghetto not fatso Akron culture
Doesn’t follow NASA on Twitter

:pop: - No chance.

Keepin' it real
02-01-2018, 02:51 PM

Not possible! It can't be done!

https://nosycrow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/Private%20Frazer%20we're%20doomed.jpg-5642.jpg -- spurstalk

DJR210
02-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Not gonna happen unless Kawhi goes

coachmac87
02-01-2018, 02:56 PM
There’s no team other than LA that can offer a LeBron a max deal. Other moves will need to be made..the question is who (SA,HOU) can get that space easier with the better role players..

BillMc
02-01-2018, 03:01 PM
Haven’t gotten over himself
Ghetto not fatso Akron culture
Doesn’t follow NASA on Twitter

:pop: - No chance.

No NASA :rollin

Russ
02-01-2018, 03:03 PM
LeBron and Pop, a match made in . . .

TimDunkem
02-01-2018, 03:12 PM
There’s no team other than LA that can offer a LeBron a max deal. Other moves will need to be made..the question is who (SA,HOU) can get that space easier with the better role players..

Spurs, imo. Houston with LBJ, CP3, and Harden is an awesome core but there will be no one left once you move Ariza, Capella, Gordon, etc.

Chomag
02-01-2018, 03:26 PM
If Lebron went to the warriors I'll no longer respect the NBA as a competitive sport. It would be right up there with WWE as entertainment with its pre-determined wins.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2018, 03:46 PM
If I'm Lebron I'm coming to SA. Pop is great at turning weak role players into ok role players. Around a core of Lebron, KL and LMA you wouldn't need much else, and there would be plenty of vets willing to come here for the minimum for a chance to ring.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-01-2018, 03:48 PM
If I'm Lebron I'm coming to SA. Pop is great at turning weak role players into ok role players. Around a core of Lebron, KL and LMA you wouldn't need much else, and there would be plenty of vets willing to come here for the minimum for a chance to ring.

And I'm sure freeing the team of the bloated contracts on the roster will be a snap. :)

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 03:59 PM
Fake news

gambit1990
02-01-2018, 04:02 PM
heat has pat riley but the spurs are closer to the championship than they are.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 04:03 PM
Spurs, imo. Houston with LBJ, CP3, and Harden is an awesome core but there will be no one left once you move Ariza, Capella, Gordon, etc.
Same thing was said in 2010 with Miami when they signed Bosh, Wade and Lebron to max deals. You underestimate the amount of ring chasers there are in the NBA.

BatManu20
02-01-2018, 04:07 PM
He's not signing with the Warriors, period. This is just dumb and another example of ESPN desperately needing to put click-bait out there to keep themselves relevant.

But IF Lebron leaves CLE, he's only going to a team that can offer the Max. He's not settling for less, as he's already stated. That means any team that takes him on is going to have to significantly gut their roster. HOU would have to move Gordon, Capela, Ryan Anderson, and potentially Ariza. Lakers would have to move Clarkson, Randle, & Deng, and let KCP and Brook Lopez walk, and would probably move a lot more to try and bring in a Paul George along with Lebron, if in guessing. Spurs would have to move Pau and Patty, and let Kyle, Bertans, and Forbes all walk.

HOU still seems the most likely, but that team without those 3 role players would be significantly diminished. Lakers would still be a young team with noticeable holes. Spurs' depth would take a major hit, although I think we'd still be the best bet in terms of competing with the Warriors. It's going to be interesting to watch how it unfolds this offseason.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 04:10 PM
HOU still seems the most likely, but that team without those 3 role players would be significantly diminished. Lakers would still be a young team with noticeable holes. Spurs' depth would take a major hit, although I think we'd still be the best bet in terms of competing with the Warriors. It's going to be interesting to watch how it unfolds this offseason.

What depth?

r0drig0lac
02-01-2018, 04:16 PM
What depth?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Dre_7
02-01-2018, 04:26 PM
What depth?

The depth that has allowed them to remain in contention for a top 3 seed this year despite only having their full roster for one game and their best player (and top 3 player in the league) for only nine games.

szkorhetz
02-01-2018, 04:32 PM
The depth that has allowed them to remain in contention for a top 3 seed this year despite only having their full roster for one game and their best player (and top 3 player in the league) for only nine games.
:lol

TimDunkem
02-01-2018, 04:36 PM
Same thing was said in 2010 with Miami when they signed Bosh, Wade and Lebron to max deals. You underestimate the amount of ring chasers there are in the NBA.
I'm speaking to the appeal of playing with a ready made team. Everyone knows LBJ wants as much help as possible. I think whatever team has to give up the least amount of pieces to get him might have the edge.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 04:40 PM

14-10 since December 15th with the 2nd easiest schedule. By the way, they're only 5-4 with Kawhi in the lineup including losses to Dallas and the severely undermanned Pistons.

tmtcsc
02-01-2018, 04:45 PM
If Warriors, Heat and Spurs are at the top of Lebron's potential list of destinations, I'd put SA squarely at the top. He's not going back to the HEAT and he certainly isn't going to join the Warriors.

The amount of love and respect Lebron has shown toward Pop and the organization through his comments is second to none. The man has done it all - except play for a coach like Pop - someone he respects personally and professionally and as a "woke" individual. He would finally be able to be part of a system that shares his core values.

IF the interest from Lebron is legit, I believe the Spurs would find a way to clear the space necessary to bring him on board. I think you keep LA and Leonard and move everything else necessary to get it done.

LittleCriminal
02-01-2018, 04:46 PM
What depth?

Kyle Andersons win share percentages and his per numbers... that depth.

Seventyniner
02-01-2018, 04:48 PM
He's not signing with the Warriors, period. This is just dumb and another example of ESPN desperately needing to put click-bait out there to keep themselves relevant.

But IF Lebron leaves CLE, he's only going to a team that can offer the Max. He's not settling for less, as he's already stated. That means any team that takes him on is going to have to significantly gut their roster. HOU would have to move Gordon, Capela, Ryan Anderson, and potentially Ariza. Lakers would have to move Clarkson, Randle, & Deng, and let KCP and Brook Lopez walk, and would probably move a lot more to try and bring in a Paul George along with Lebron, if in guessing. Spurs would have to move Pau and Patty, and let Kyle, Bertans, and Forbes all walk.

The idea is that LeBron would opt in and then get traded to preserve his max salary slot, similar to how Chris Paul was traded to the Rockets. Then you don't have to make any cap space at all.

KDKSpurs24
02-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Doesn’t matter. Players would flock to join Lebron for cheap.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 04:50 PM
If Warriors, Heat and Spurs are at the top of Lebron's potential list of destinations, I'd put SA squarely at the top. He's not going back to the HEAT and he certainly isn't going to join the Warriors.

The amount of love and respect Lebron has shown toward Pop and the organization through his comments is second to none. The man has done it all - except play for a coach like Pop - someone he respects personally and professionally and as a "woke" individual. He would finally be able to be part of a system that shares his core values.

IF the interest from Lebron is legit, I believe the Spurs would find a way to clear the space necessary to bring him on board. I think you keep LA and Leonard and move everything else necessary to get it done.

If it's the kind of love, respect and admiration that CP3 had for the Spurs, they have zero shot. Everybody has so much respect for Pop until they're forced to make a decision.

Hoops Czar
02-01-2018, 04:51 PM
Kyle Andersons win share percentages and his per numbers... that depth.

Careful, you're going to make SAGirl troll list. :lol

LittleCriminal
02-01-2018, 04:57 PM
Careful, you're going to make SAGirl (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=49524) troll list. :lol

How can a troll have a troll list??

Dre_7
02-01-2018, 04:57 PM
14-10 since December 15th with the 2nd easiest schedule. By the way, they're only 5-4 with Kawhi in the lineup including losses to Dallas and the severely undermanned Pistons.

Yes, they hit a little bit of a slump when Manu went out (on top of Gay and Kawhi already being out) but that doesn't change the fact that they have suffered several injuries this season, had a little slump, yet STILL have the 3rd best record in the west. That speaks to their depth, not the opposite.

Dre_7
02-01-2018, 04:58 PM
Doesn’t matter. Players would flock to join Lebron for cheap.

I agree

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 05:03 PM
What depth?
:lmao

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Typical Spurstalk vanilla posters and their denial to sign world class players because we'll lose the Patty Mills, Kyle Andersons, Danny Gr35 3P%n, and Brandon Pauls of the NBA :lmao

tmtcsc
02-01-2018, 05:15 PM
If it's the kind of love, respect and admiration that CP3 had for the Spurs, they have zero shot. Everybody has so much respect for Pop until they're forced to make a decision.

At the end of the day, the Spurs had no shot with CP3 because he never even got to the FA market. However - the Spurs' legitimate interest in him was ironically tempered by his injury and personality history. I say "ironically" because of what the organization is dealing with now with Kawhi's quad. They also are well aware that CP3 is not easy to get along with - as teammate or for coaches. They felt his relationship with Pop would be fine because Pop is or at least was the Alpha in that organization & wouldn't tolerate bickering and nonsense.

That's CP3'sreputation. Solid competitor, terrific talent but he's difficult and somehow gets weird and odd injuries that hamper him throughout the season. Not a proven playoff winner or leader.

TD 21
02-01-2018, 05:16 PM
:lmao At this being news. Warriors have joined Spurs as franchises any elite player will give a token meeting to. He's not signing with them though because it would destroy his "legacy".

The funniest part of this, is seeing all these Warriors fans in the media pretending they'd have to think about this (not only would they have 3 of the top 4 players in the league, but they'd keep him away from Rockets, thereby destroying their only looming competition) or that hypothetically he could opt in and they could interest Cavaliers in a Thompson-Iguodala trade (as if anyone is going to want that albatross).

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 05:20 PM
:lmao

The funniest part of this, is seeing all these Spurs fans in this forum pretending they'd have to think about this (not only would they have 2 of the top 3 players in the league, but they'd keep him away from the Rockets & Warriors, thereby destroying their only looming competition) or that hypothetically he could opt in and they could interest Cavaliers in a Mills-Gasol trade (as if anyone is going to want those albatrosses).
Fixed.

baseline bum
02-01-2018, 05:30 PM
If Lebron went to the warriors I'll no longer respect the NBA as a competitive sport. It would be right up there with WWE as entertainment with its pre-determined wins.

It's already there with Durant in Golden State. It's like if Olajuwon joined the Jordan/Pippen/Grant Bulls in 1993.

Proxy
02-01-2018, 05:39 PM
it'd be a weird feeling to have him on the team. Even when SA was the best team in the league, they weren't the sexy favorite.

Besides that, it'd also be like, a merger of two parties to try and fuck over GS's run at a dynasty

bring him over, sounds fun

cutewizard
02-01-2018, 06:17 PM
LeBron and Pop, a match made in . . .

In HELL .lmao.

Chillen
02-01-2018, 06:20 PM
I don't want LeBron to sign with the Spurs thinking an NBA title is guaranteed, because it's not. I want him to sign because he respects Pop, the organization and culture and the Spurs brand of basketball and wants to play Spurs basketball and have fun in SA. LeBron and Leonard though is a scary dynamic duo for opponents, they would be amazing on the court add in LMA and it's a really tough matchup if you double LBJ leaves Leonard or LMA open. LeBron's Spurs jersey would easily be the leagues best selling jersey. Anyway I am taking this report with a grain of salt. If he wants to be a Spur, he can.

r0drig0lac
02-01-2018, 06:22 PM
I don't want LeBron to sign with the Spurs thinking an NBA title is guaranteed, because it's not. I want him to sign because he respects Pop, the organization and culture and the Spurs brand of basketball and wants to play Spurs basketball and have fun. LeBron and Leonard though is a scary dynamic duo for opponents, they would be amazing on the court add in LMA and it's a really tough matchup if you double LBJ leaves Leonard or LMA open.

they would be offensively unstoppable (mostly in iso) and elite defensively,
incredibly scary

Chillen
02-01-2018, 06:24 PM
It's already there with Durant in Golden State. It's like if Olajuwon joined the Jordan/Pippen/Grant Bulls in 1993.

If he signs with Warriors it would really hurt his legacy, hurt the NBA really bad (like who would watch if one team was guaranteed an NBA title) Spurs are the only safe team he can leave the Cavs and go to and try and win an NBA title. Even with Kawhi, LMA and Pop, it would still be a challenge so Warriors, Houston would be the easy way out.

Russ
02-01-2018, 06:24 PM
At the end of the day, the Spurs had no shot with CP3 because he never even got to the FA market.

CP3 told the Clippers he was going to Houston. It's not like the Clippers just traded him there.

He could have done the same with the Spurs if he wanted to. He didn't.

Chillen
02-01-2018, 06:27 PM
they would be offensively unstoppable (mostly in iso) and elite defensively,
incredibly scary

Yes, it would be so entertaining and fun to watch.

baseline bum
02-01-2018, 06:29 PM
If he signs with Warriors it would really hurt his legacy, hurt the NBA really bad (like who would watch if one team was guaranteed an NBA title) Spurs are the only safe team he can leave the Cavs and go to and try and win an NBA title. Even with Kawhi, LMA and Pop, it would still be a challenge so Warriors, Houston would be the easy way out.

One team is already guaranteed the title this year. I'm not sure it would hurt LeBron's legacy since it has done nothing but elevate Durant's.

Chillen
02-01-2018, 06:31 PM
One team is already guaranteed the title this year. I'm not sure it would hurt LeBron's legacy since it has done nothing but elevate Durant's.

No, I think the Warriors can be beat if a team plays a perfect series against them. With LeBron, KD, Curry, Klay, Green (if they can make that happen), they would be unbeatable literally.

Leetonidas
02-01-2018, 07:18 PM
You never know tbh. If Kawhi really did express dismay at the roster to the FO, they can't so out of touch they don't realize if Kawhi bolts we're fucked, so they may be willing to make moves to keep him happy

tbdog
02-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Can Chinook do the numbers? I assume Mills gets salary dumped, Green takes a huge pay cut or gets dumped, Anderson gets signed into the tax, and Parker takes the min?

SAGirl
02-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Can Chinook do the numbers? I assume Mills gets salary dumped, Green takes a huge pay cut or gets dumped, Anderson gets signed into the tax, and Parker takes the min?
I had read an article from Paul Garcia. They have to renounce all their RFA and their guys with PO opt out and leave then they have to salary dump Pau at least. If you salary dump both Pau and Mills, you may retain some guys on the cheap.

DPG21920
02-01-2018, 08:02 PM

If we are to assume Lebron wants the max for him it’s just a shade over 35M. So if SA doesn’t trade for Lebron and instead he hits free agency (which is all but guaranteed since we know CLE won’t trade Lebron), then SA has to open up 35M+ in cap space.

If everyone that has an option opts-in, then TP and his cap hold would need to go, Bertans, Forbes, Kyle Anderson as well (assuming all the player option guys decide to exercise that option and opt-in).

Unfortunately if Danny/Rudy opt-in and even if SA renounces all of TP/Forbes/Bertans/Kyle that really wouldn’t do anything for opening up cap space. They would basically be right at the salary cap if that happens.

So then they would need to trade away 35M in salaries without getting anything back. So just have to do the math on who is left under contract that adds up to that. So basically if Danny/Rudy opt in and Lebron wants max it would take:

TP gone, Forbes gone, Kyle gone, Bertans gone then you trade Pau Patty & Danny.

So it’s TP/Forbes/Kyle/Bertans/Pau/Patty/Danny for Lebron. There are other ways mathematically but that is the gist

vy65
02-01-2018, 08:22 PM
If we are to assume Lebron wants the max for him it’s just a shade over 35M. So if SA doesn’t trade for Lebron and instead he hits free agency (which is all but guaranteed since we know CLE won’t trade Lebron), then SA has to open up 35M+ in cap space.

If everyone that has an option opts-in, then TP and his cap hold would need to go, Bertans, Forbes, Kyle Anderson as well (assuming all the player option guys decide to exercise that option and opt-in).

Unfortunately if Danny/Rudy opt-in and even if SA renounces all of TP/Forbes/Bertans/Kyle that really wouldn’t do anything for opening up cap space. They would basically be right at the salary cap if that happens.

So then they would need to trade away 35M in salaries without getting anything back. So just have to do the math on who is left under contract that adds up to that. So basically if Danny/Rudy opt in and Lebron wants max it would take:

So it’s TP/Forbes/Kyle/Bertans/Pau/Patty/Danny for Lebron. There are other ways mathematically but that is the gist

You’d have to think that, at least, Danny would be in on any FO machinations involving his boy Lebron and would exercise (or rather not exercise) any option accordingly.

Chillen
02-01-2018, 08:45 PM
I had read an article from Paul Garcia. They have to renounce all their RFA and their guys with PO opt out and leave then they have to salary dump Pau at least. If you salary dump both Pau and Mills, you may retain some guys on the cheap.

If LeBron chooses Spurs signing quality players cheap would not be a problem.

Chillen
02-01-2018, 08:51 PM

LeBron would want Pau, Anderson, Green, TP on the roster.

tholdren
02-01-2018, 08:57 PM
Lebron to spurs would mean end of pop and organization

james evans
02-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Lebron aint coming to SA. He's not gonna put up with Popovich's bullshit and Pop aint gonna put up with his shit. simple as that. Lebron is closing in on being the all time leading scorer. He'll be about 7k points away at the end of the season. You think he aint gonna chase that shit? U think he wants to be rested and pulled out of games in the 2nd half?

SAGirl
02-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Lebron aint coming to SA. He's not gonna put up with Popovich's bullshit and Pop aint gonna put up with his shit. simple as that. Lebron is closing in on being the all time leading scorer. He'll be about 7k points away at the end of the season. You think he aint gonna chase that shit? U think he wants to be rested and pulled out of games in the 2nd half?
You are absolutely right. I don't think he's joining the Spurs either.

This is just idle musings and bumping this thread to 90 pages or so by the time Lebron makes his choice at this point.

TheGreatYacht
02-01-2018, 11:10 PM
Truth bomb.

The whole "Pop is well respected by players" narrative is just verbal bullshit until it comes to actually playing in San Antonio. There isn't room for another ego as big as Poop's

pookenstein
02-02-2018, 02:56 AM
http://i67.tinypic.com/2i9tt1y.jpg

Do it, RC!

Thomas82
02-04-2018, 01:23 AM
It looks like the Cavs officially quit on LeBron tonight.

TheGreatYacht
02-04-2018, 01:26 AM
Everyone and their mamas can see he's HOU bound. Won't even give SA a pity meeting

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 02:29 AM
I really and truly do not give a shit about LeBron James anymore. He will be 34 years old next year, and the last two months he has played awful. The age is showing. He is not very good on defense anymore. The next three years of his career are going to be very mediocre. He’s not going to win another NBA championship unless he bandwagons his way into one. I don’t care about what he does next season. He is not the story in the league anymore.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 02:31 AM
It looks like the Cavs officially quit on LeBron tonight.

I personally think that when Kyrie Irving basically said get me the fuck away from LeBron James at all costs, the entire team laid down their hands and died. Nobody cared anymore.

daslicer
02-04-2018, 02:36 AM
I really and truly do not give a shit about LeBron James anymore. He will be 34 years old next year, and the last two months he has played awful. The age is showing. He is not very good on defense anymore. The next three years of his career are going to be very mediocre. He’s not going to win another NBA championship unless he bandwagons his way into one. I don’t care about what he does next season. He is not the story in the league anymore.

Agreed. It seems like he's heading towards Phoenix Shaq status. I remember people stop taking Shaq seriously once he was traded to Phoenix. Shaq became more of celebrity than a baller after he left Miami. Lebron is heading in that same direction.

Darius Bieber
02-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Everyone and their mamas can see he's HOU bound. Won't even give SA a pity meeting

Darius Bieber
02-04-2018, 02:43 AM

Do it, RC!

That's the most lopsided trade in the history of trades. The three players coming from the Cavs are better than our entire roster combined.

tbdog
02-04-2018, 02:45 AM
Is Lebron D gone bad or is it an effort thing?

SAGirl
02-04-2018, 02:50 AM
I personally think that when Kyrie Irving basically said get me the fuck away from LeBron James at all costs, the entire team laid down their hands and died. Nobody cared anymore.
looks like it.. wow

r0drig0lac
02-04-2018, 06:53 AM

lmao

NameLess Scrub
02-04-2018, 08:01 AM

Do it, RC!

That makes Spurs players look overpaid. :downspin:

pookenstein
02-04-2018, 11:47 AM
That's the most lopsided trade in the history of trades. The three players coming from the Cavs are better than our entire roster combined.

That's why I used the the blue font...

cd021
02-04-2018, 11:54 AM
Is Lebron D gone bad or is it an effort thing?
Probably both. Don't watch the Cavs all that much but Dunc'd On mentioned that he guards the weakest option perimeter option (say Danny Green) so he can help off but isn't effective in a "free roam" role and also is horrid at closing out, often just looking at players as he shoots (pick up basketball on a humid summer day defense :lol)

cd021
02-04-2018, 11:57 AM
Kyrie looks like a fucking genius tbh. That ship is sinking titanic style and Lebron is the only person that has a piece of furniture to float on- even though it is clear big enough to two people :lol

8FOR!3
02-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Trying to compete with Golden State I think we have to take what we can get. I think we're a better team with LeBron, despite of the issues that can come along with it. I think he will age decently and be better in a role where he's asked to do less. Yes his defense has sucked lately, he's also being asked to do everything right now.

Raven
02-04-2018, 12:27 PM
dream mode: Anderson, Green, Kawhi, Lebron, Aldridge

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 12:28 PM
Agreed. It seems like he's heading towards Phoenix Shaq status. I remember people stop taking Shaq seriously once he was traded to Phoenix. Shaq became more of celebrity than a baller after he left Miami. Lebron is heading in that same direction.

I think it is actually looking good that he ends up in Houston at this point. They have had a great regular-season so far, should do better in the playoffs this year, and he would be maybe the final piece of that puzzle. But other than that I don’t see him ever winning another championship.

daslicer
02-04-2018, 12:52 PM
I think it is actually looking good that he ends up in Houston at this point. They have had a great regular-season so far, should do better in the playoffs this year, and he would be maybe the final piece of that puzzle. But other than that I don’t see him ever winning another championship.

I think it would be hard for him to end up in Houston simply because they don't have any cap space granted they could do a sign and trade with the Cavs.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 12:59 PM
I think it would be hard for him to end up in Houston simply because they don't have any cap space granted they could do a sign and trade with the Cavs.

If he goes to GS that would be the bitch move of a lifetime..
The Bridge is burning down in Cleveland.
Not going to Lakers, they suck and Lavar Ball is legally insane..
So his options are shrinking in a hurry..

DMC
02-04-2018, 01:08 PM
^not sure how this would be possible tbh...

They'd have to dump donkey and Klay

tholdren
02-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Said it before the bum went back to cle. Hes a cryer, a quitter, and spurs do not want.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 01:35 PM
Said it before the bum went back to cle. Hes a cryer, a quitter, and spurs do not want.

He Def quit on Miami. He had Pat Riley running the damn team ready to add pieces, so they could keep winning rings. He bolted like a thief in the night.. And of course he quit on Cleveland the first time.. About to bail again..

Thomas82
02-04-2018, 02:33 PM

You might be right about that one.

dbreiden83080
02-04-2018, 02:45 PM
You might be right about that one.

And who was Kyrie replaced with? A 5'9 PG with a bad hip and a big mouth.. Yep fun times in Cleveland..

Thomas82
02-04-2018, 02:53 PM
And who was Kyrie replaced with? A 5'9 PG with a bad hip and a big mouth.. Yep fun times in Cleveland..

It's coming apart at the seams for them.

illusioNtEk
02-04-2018, 04:03 PM
DJ
Forbes
KL
LBJ
LMA

TP
Manu
KA
GAY
Gasol

Hoops Czar
02-04-2018, 04:06 PM
DJ
Forbes
KL
LBJ
LMA

TP
Manu
KA
GAY
Gasol
What is this, your grocery list?

Darius Bieber
02-04-2018, 04:08 PM
DJ
Forbes
KL
LBJ
LMA

TP
Manu
KA
GAY
Gasol

That lineup is even worse than the current Cavs, and they're pretty bad.

Snaq O'Meal
02-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Trying to compete with Golden State I think we have to take what we can get. I think we're a better team with LeBron, despite of the issues that can come along with it. I think he will age decently and be better in a role where he's asked to do less. Yes his defense has sucked lately, he's also being asked to do everything right now.

You’re right about getting better to compete with GSW.

But we don’t know how driven PATFO are. Phil was willing to add Rodman to his roster and manage that risk in order to compete for championships. LBJ is nowhere near as dysfunctional, but PATFO appear to lack the drive for such a move. Remember that LBJ will also demand decent roster moves every year to remain competitive, so it won’t go down well with a front office that is content to sit on their asses and occasionally dumpster-dive while other teams make trades.

Seventyniner
02-04-2018, 05:00 PM

Disagree. Aldridge is better than any of LeBron's teammates and Kawhi is nearly as good as LeBron himself when healthy.

Play Boban
02-04-2018, 05:19 PM
We don’t need this aging TOSB tbh.

BackHome
02-05-2018, 03:51 PM
Only way I see it is if Kawhi demands a trade which I don’t see happening.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-05-2018, 03:55 PM
LeBron James is not going to come here

sananspursfan21
02-05-2018, 04:41 PM

Well, part of the problem is that the Cavs have too many wannabe stars and former starters. When I watched the game a couple weeks ago between them and the Spurs, every time someone checked in I thought: "he plays for them too???". Jeff Green, Derrick Rose, Kyle Korver, Iman Shumpert, Jose Calderon, and Dwyane Wade have all either been stars at some point or have started on another team. They have ZERO true role players. Everybody still wants their piece of the pie. That's why the Cavs suck so bad. They are overtalented by a lot. LBJ, while he might hate it, would benefit greatly from having actual role players. Guys who are happy with their minimal/singular role on the team.

tbdog
02-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Lebron needs to take a Durant pay cut around to a 26mil salary if he wants to dethrone him.

gambit1990
02-05-2018, 09:52 PM
the cavs doing so bad makes me more optimistic about him coming here.

DAF86
02-05-2018, 10:02 PM
Not that I would do it, but I wonder if the teams (Spurs and Cavs) would be cool with swapping Kawhi and Lebron straight up.

Budkin
02-05-2018, 10:11 PM
Not that I would do it, but I wonder if the teams (Spurs and Cavs) would be cool with swapping Kawhi and Lebron straight up.

Then we'd just be the Cavs. Can't give up our superstar for LeBron to come here.

ECOV
02-05-2018, 10:13 PM
fingers crossed

DAF86
02-05-2018, 10:23 PM
Then we'd just be the Cavs. Can't give up our superstar for LeBron to come here.

The Cavs have the worst defense on the league, the Spurs have the best. We would be trading a guy that hasn't played the entire season for the best player in the World.

Again, I'm not saying I would do it (specially having the future in mind), but for this season the improvement would be huge.

coachmac87
02-05-2018, 10:43 PM

Give us the Brooklyn pick and we’ve got a deal...

SpurOutofTownFan
02-06-2018, 06:59 AM
There are many plausible reasons why Lebron would want to go to the Spurs:

- Serious chance to open up max (his last big contract)
- He wants to go out in the best possible way
- Respects Pop
- Respects the franchise
- Kawhi

Just some of them - anyone else cares to add?

.G.
02-06-2018, 07:05 AM
The ghost of MJ. He chasin

TheDoctor
02-06-2018, 08:03 AM
https://illiteratesports.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/built-bought-spurs-heat-billboard.jpeg

NASpurs
02-06-2018, 04:53 PM

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 04:58 PM
Lebron isn't coming here. Can't say it enough. Or at least I'd give it less than a 10% chance. Too many better options for him. Spurs are old, and we're not even sure our best player wants to be here at this point. He could easily be on another team next year if he doesn't sign the SuperMax extension this summer.

-Rockets
-Lakers
-Sixers

Those are his best options imo, in that order. HOU seems most likely and would be able to compete with GS immediately, even if they do lose Ryan Anderson, Trevor Ariza, and Clint Capela in the process.

r0drig0lac
02-06-2018, 05:00 PM
best options for Lebron
1- 76ers
2- Celtics
3- Rox

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 05:03 PM
There are many plausible reasons why Lebron would want to go to the Spurs:

- Serious chance to open up max (his last big contract)
- He wants to go out in the best possible way
- Respects Pop
- Respects the franchise
- Kawhi

Just some of them - anyone else cares to add?

Possible, but highly improbable.

He respects Pop, but Lebron also likes to be in charge, which he clearly wouldn't be here. It's Pop's show in SA, and I think Lebron would be uncomfortable with that, especially at this point in his career.

Kawhi is great obviously, but like I stated above, we're not even sure he wants to be here, and from the sounds of it Lebron has no relationship with him whatsoever (whereas he's great friends with CP3 & Harden). HOU also has D'Antoni, who is a player's coach, who I think Lebron would like to play for and is a much better fit compared to Pop.

I think people are sleeping on the Sixers. Don't think he'll actually sign there, but they're a dark-horse if he decides to stay in the East (they have the Max space for him, picks to trade, and they could still bring in another good player with him too). Only concern would be with he and Simmons playing together, as they're kind of similar and both ball-dominant. Might be a weird fit.

Hoops Czar
02-06-2018, 05:11 PM
best options for Lebron
1- 76ers
2- Celtics
3- Rox

If he leaves Cleveland, it will be for the Western Conference. He'd get killed for leaving Cleveland to join another Eastern Conference contender.

TD 21
02-06-2018, 05:28 PM
Obviously James would never sign here anyway, but for those of you thinking one of their angles in the pitch can be about organizational stability, that's out the window. Between the Aldridge fiasco and Leonard saga, rightly or wrongly, they've cemented their reputation as an organization that doesn't know how to deal with superstars and stars outside of the big 3.

SAGirl
03-08-2018, 07:34 PM
apparently Lebron has narrowed his wish list:

rastaspur
03-08-2018, 07:37 PM

To be expected

MultiTroll
03-08-2018, 08:02 PM
:lol Kevin O'Conner
:lol Hollywood, CA

Isn't this the phaggot who had Dwight Howard staying with the Flamers, etc etc?

FvckMavs
03-08-2018, 08:12 PM
WTF would he leak his wish list now?

coachmac87
03-08-2018, 08:21 PM
Sooooooooo Fake News