PDA

View Full Version : What gifts / rigging / game throwing will be given the Pats this SuperBowl?

Fabbs
02-03-2018, 02:31 PM
Cheating cameras? (which are allegedly no longer being used by Pattycake. You know the severe punishment the NFL meted out.)
CheatriotRef to the rescue? hey maybe they can tie or break their own record, set twice btw of 1 (one) penalty called an entire playoff game. If not, surely they can Tuck up something.

Coaching blunders by the opponent? Make em the football IQ level of 1st grade retard / Avante. Pete Carroll and Russell Wilson having 1st and goal on the 5 with The Beast and Seattles OLine shoving Pattycake around all 4th. Only to bested by Atlanta. You decide whether to put Atlanta under "rigged", "game throwing" or just "gift" of retard strategy.

:corn:

Avante
02-03-2018, 07:48 PM
Pete Carroll won Championships in both the NCAA/NFL.

Russell Wilson set NCAA records and NFL records.

Avante can talk footballers nobody here has ever heard of.

Dude do you think at all, ever?

And.....yes ya can cheat and win a game, hell, maybe a few, but.....you do not play in 8 Superbowls because of cheating, ok little fella?

The Belichick/Brady combo simply on another level, yep, the best we have seen.

Sorry....

Brown/Graham
Lombardi/Starr
Shula/Griese
Noll/Bradshaw
Laundry/Staubach
Walsh/Montana

Chris
02-04-2018, 12:13 AM
Handy or bj from son?

ymR1kC_d7vs

Cuppycake Gumdrop
02-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Handy or bj from son?

ymR1kC_d7vs

“Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy.”
-Psalm 101:5

Chris
02-04-2018, 12:27 AM
“Whoever slanders his neighbor secretly I will destroy.”
-Psalm 101:5

Oh that's good because I'm doing it in plain sight. lol atheist bible thumpers

P.s Tom Brady (not a neighbor) :tu

Cuppycake Gumdrop
02-04-2018, 01:14 AM
Oh that's good because I'm doing it in plain sight. lol atheist bible thumpers

P.s Tom Brady (not a neighbor) :tu
Tom Brady is a Christian. You’re a “Christian”. Therefore, according to the Bible he’s your neighbor. LOL atheists know the Bible better than you.

Fabbs
02-04-2018, 12:11 PM
Pete Carroll won Championships in both the NCAA/NFL.
we've been over this before Corky.

You need to get a new almanac.

On June 10, 2010, USC was forced to vacate its two final wins from the 2004 season (December 2004 against UCLA and the BCS championship game), as well as all wins from the 2005 season, following an NCAA investigation into possible violations by the Trojans' football and men's basketball programs. Since the vacated games included the Trojans' Orange Bowl win, the Trojans were later stripped of the 2004 BCS title in June 2011.

lefty20
02-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Didn't they disable the Falcons' headsets last year for a while? These mofos have no shame. Brady and Belicheat would sell their own mother if it won them a football game.

Clipper Nation
02-04-2018, 12:54 PM

On June 10, 2010, USC was forced to vacate its two final wins from the 2004 season (December 2004 against UCLA and the BCS championship game), as well as all wins from the 2005 season, following an NCAA investigation into possible violations by the Trojans' football and men's basketball programs. Since the vacated games included the Trojans' Orange Bowl win, the Trojans were later stripped of the 2004 BCS title in June 2011.

To be fair, he did help win a championship for Texas by keeping Reggie Bush on the sideline in favor of LenDale White on 4th & 2.

Will Hunting
02-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Didn't they disable the Falcons' headsets last year for a while? These mofos have no shame. Brady and Belicheat would sell their own mother if it won them a football game.
:lmao are you really retarded enough to claim that they were somehow able to disable to Falcons headset on a fucking neutral field where they had no control?

lefty20
02-04-2018, 02:30 PM
:lmao are you really retarded enough to claim that they were somehow able to disable to Falcons headset on a fucking neutral field where they had no control?

Why so triggered boyo? I'm merely giving credit where it's due. A pro like Belicheat doesn't just rely on simple tactics like filming his counterparts, tampering with game equipment and paying off the refs. That's amateur hour shite. A pro like him has several contingencies in play to assure the W.

Raven
02-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Why speculate, it's better to be surprised.

Will Hunting
02-04-2018, 04:35 PM
Why so triggered boyo? I'm merely giving credit where it's due. A pro like Belicheat doesn't just rely on simple tactics like filming his counterparts, tampering with game equipment and paying off the refs. That's amateur hour shite. A pro like him has several contingencies in play to assure the W.
Your backpedal from an actual allegation to vagueness is dully noted.

Avante
02-05-2018, 01:30 AM

Dude, when you have seen Rufus "Roadrunner" Ferguson at Wisconsin, Hiawatha Francisco at ND play, an Alamanac isn't needred ok spanky?

Carroll won the title, then he lost it, see how that works? I know....huh???

UNT Eagles 2016
02-05-2018, 01:44 AM
no but, Kyle Shanahan was just stupid, I think he's a great offensive guru that just outsmarted himself at the worst possible time. you have to go up 11 points there, no ifs ands or buts. Pretty much in that case, the Pats are reduced to relying on an expected onside kick to get the ball back even if they do go down and score.

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 09:04 AM
Handy or bj from son?

Chris do you think Brady has groomed Avante? ST PatsFag posters too?

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 09:09 AM
Rack it. :tu

You know in any previous Patriot *wins* that the Eagle extending over the goal line after the catch would have been ruled "No touchdown". Stunning correct call.

Chris
02-05-2018, 12:41 PM
Chris do you think Brady has groomed Avante? ST PatsFag posters too?

At this point it is borderline idolatry. SAD!

Chris
02-05-2018, 01:17 PM
This is why they lost LMAO!!!!!!!

spurraider21
02-05-2018, 01:23 PM
This is why they lost LMAO!!!!!!!

Chris
02-05-2018, 01:25 PM
:cry But DRUMPF said something 5 years ago! :cry

blizz
02-05-2018, 06:52 PM
The eagles did benefit from a couple of calls that were called TDS that could have easily been incomplete passes. Their interpretation of the call for Ertz contradicts the one for Clement. He was not a runner and did not maintain control. It’s funny that they ruled Ertz was a runner when Dez wasn’t, even though he did almost the same thing. Came down with it. Took some steps and dove.

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 07:33 PM
The eagles did benefit from a couple of calls that were called TDS that could have easily been incomplete passes. Their interpretation of the call for Ertz contradicts the one for Clement. He was not a runner and did not maintain control. It’s funny that they ruled Ertz was a runner when Dez wasn’t, even though he did almost the same thing. Came down with it. Took some steps and dove.
As Clement catches the ball his left foot is on the ground. That is step one. His right foot hits next, that is step 2. He has possession, touchdown.
It is during step 2-3 that he shifts the ball thus temp does not have possession. Moot point, play is over. It's a touchdown.
If we could see a frame by frame photo it would show.

What is TDS?
I have not yet reviewed the Ertz play. Must have been in 1st half? I did not watch 1st half.

spurraider21
02-05-2018, 07:44 PM
the issue is with circumstances like Dez or Ertz is tough to draw the line and say who is a runner and who is going to the ground. with Ertz i thought it was pretty clear he was a runner and only started going down afterwards. the defender tripped him after the catch was complete

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10155967/ertzzz.0.gif

dez's play was more questionable if he was going to the ground or if he was a runner. not nearly as clear as ertz, since dez was basically stumbling the entire way. i mean, at the moment his second foot hits, he's clearly on his way to the ground

https://i.imgur.com/Im6cj3T.gif

the clement one is entirely different, and thats just an interpretation of whether or not he lost control. just because the fall isn't fastened in his grip doesn't necessarily mean he lost control.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10155705/whatiscatchdude.0.gif

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 08:22 PM
the clement one is entirely different, and thats just an interpretation of whether or not he lost control. just because the fall isn't fastened in his grip doesn't necessarily mean he lost control.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/10155705/whatiscatchdude.0.gif
The Clement play we need a view that shows one second prior to this above clip. This above clip leaves out Clement step #1. Instead it shows steps 2 and 3.
My technomological skills suck or I would post.
Freeze this YouTube below at the :29-30 second mark and you will clearly see possession and step one.
Same thing by freezing :39-40. Same time frame of play just different angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvfdbhQ5tk&feature=player_embedded

spurraider21
02-05-2018, 08:30 PM
The Clement play we need a view that shows one second prior to this above clip. This above clip leaves out Clement step #1. Instead it shows steps 2 and 3.
My technomological skills suck or I would post.
Freeze this YouTube below at the :29-30 second mark and you will clearly see possession and step one.
Same thing by freezing :39-40. Same time frame of play just different angle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RvfdbhQ5tk&feature=player_embedded
the question with the clement play is if he "lost" control around the 1:07 mark when he shifted the ball. i dont think he did.

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 08:32 PM
the question with the clement play is if he "lost" control around the 1:07 mark when he shifted the ball. i dont think he did.
Moot point.
Reread my posts and watch video. That was between steps 2 and 3.
Not 1 and 2.

As soon as Clement catches the ball obverse where left leg/foot are.
That is step #1 with possession.

spurraider21
02-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Moot point.
Reread my posts and watch video. That was between steps 2 and 3.
Not 1 and 2.

As soon as Clement catches the ball obverse where left leg/foot are.
That is step #1 with possession.
yeah, but this is one of the "while going to the ground" plays, so its NOT just 2 steps + possession = catch

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 08:57 PM
yeah, but this is one of the "while going to the ground" plays, so its NOT just 2 steps + possession = catch
Are you shitting me?
You mean on step 2 it is not instant touchdown?
Because all the transferring of ball and falling down occurred after Step 2.

Fark the NFL rules committee is a bunch of anal retent retards.

spurraider21
02-05-2018, 08:58 PM
Are you shitting me?
You mean on step 2 it is not instant touchdown?
Because all the transferring of ball and falling down occurred after Step 2.

Fark the NFL rules committee is a bunch of anal retent retards.
step 2 is not an automatic touchdown if the catch is made while the player is in the process of going to the ground

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 09:49 PM
step 2 is not an automatic touchdown if the catch is made while the player is in the process of going to the ground
Well then to me it is automatic touchdown.
As soon as his right foot hits (2nd step) he is not yet "going to the ground".
It is the shove by Flowers immediately after this second foot (right foot) is planted that said shove begins Clements going to the ground.
Too late Flowers, touchdown!

Avante
02-05-2018, 10:16 PM
No need to nit pick, the Eagles were without question the better team out there.....yesterday. AND....they had their second string QB, so that trumps...no Butler.

All this...was that a catch, was this and that and.......fuck all that.

I do think the benching of Butler was totally stupid and didn't help matters any. BUT....all this is part of the game.

blizz
02-06-2018, 01:24 AM

Exactly. Which was my point. Only a runner can score a TD with possession once he is in the end zone. A receiver must have made a catch with total control and possession and become a runner or maintain that possession to the ground and Clement did not.

blizz
02-06-2018, 01:26 AM
Well then to me it is automatic touchdown.
As soon as his right foot hits (2nd step) he is not yet "going to the ground".
It is the shove by Flowers immediately after this second foot (right foot) is planted that said shove begins Clements going to the ground.
Too late Flowers, touchdown!

Nope. He must show possession and control all the way to the ground which he did not. You do not just get a td by catching it with two feet in bounds. Watch the Jumbotron td that was nullified. Now I will say this. I’m going by the (bullshit) rules. What is and what is not a catch these days is such bullshit.

blizz
02-06-2018, 01:29 AM
No need to nit pick, the Eagles were without question the better team out there.....yesterday. AND....they had their second string QB, so that trumps...no Butler.

I do think the benching of Butler was totally stupid and didn't help matters any. BUT....all this is part of the game.
When the difference is less than a td the. Yes nit picking is justified. Kinda like the difference between 18 ur old and 13 yd old.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 01:40 AM
Exactly. Which was my point. Only a runner can score a TD with possession once he is in the end zone. A receiver must have made a catch with total control and possession and become a runner or maintain that possession to the ground and Clement did not.
i dont think he ever lost control, though

blizz
02-06-2018, 01:56 AM
He was clearly bobbling it after getting two feet in bounds and it bounces a little when he hits the ground. Collinsworth even said he would have called it incomplete.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:06 AM
He was clearly bobbling it after getting two feet in bounds and it bounces a little when he hits the ground. Collinsworth even said he would have called it incomplete.
good for collinsworth. he wanted to overturn both even though they both needed conclusive evidence to do so

i dont think he bobbled it. he just tucked the ball in. and while he was going down, he had control the whole way. the ball doesn't have to be motionless. just has to stay in his control

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:09 AM
The ball at one point was floating in his arms. No part of his body touching it. C’mon. And ok so if that’s a TD then the other can’t be. Look at the call against Pittsburg. Look at the call against Dez. Look at the call against Megatron. Then look at the two the eagles got. There’s just no consistency. IMO they’re ALL catches but you can interpret each one differently.

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:11 AM
And IMO he doesn’t have control when it’s moving, bobbling around while his other foot lands out of bounds.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:24 AM
And IMO he doesn’t have control when it’s moving, bobbling around while his other foot lands out of bounds.
he's got it tucked in his arm

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:28 AM
And ok so if that’s a TD then the other can’t be.
it's not mutually exclusive. the clement catch is one where he is going to the ground. therefore he needs to maintain possession all the way through. i think he did, you don't. the ball doesn't have the be completely stationary to be "controlled."

the ertz play is NOT a play where he was going to the ground (in the process of making the catch). he got 2 feet, made a "football move" and then was tripped up by the defender after the process of the catch was completed

Look at the call against Pittsburg.
the play against pittsburgh is an easy call. james was going to the ground while making the catch. the ball came out.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5Ziv5UnF1nhea791HieOtDZfLII=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9887211/notd.0.gif

Look at the call against Dez.
i did. look at my post on the previous page. i think the dez one is close, but at the moment his second foot hits the ground, he's pretty clearly in the process of going to the ground, so the "2 feet + football move" rule doesn't apply there.

Look at the call against Megatron.
i think the megatron call was one of the worst ever

Then look at the two the eagles got. There’s just no consistency. IMO they’re ALL catches but you can interpret each one differently.
i think the rule is shitty, to be sure.

but you have to look at 2 different scenarios:

a) during the catch, the player is in the process of going to the ground. this is true in the clement, dez, james plays

b) the player completes the catch, and only then starts going to the ground (ertz play)

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:31 AM
Note: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.

Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

with the Dez/James plays, they were going to the ground (james one clear as day, Dez one a bit less clear). by this rule, those were not catches. the clement play is a catch.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:35 AM
i will agree that the rule is far too convoluted, and they should ditch the "player going to the ground" shenanigans. this is how i think it should be:

make it possession + 2 feet (or 1 knee, elbow, butt, etc) + any "football move" = catch

if the player loses the ball afterwards while going down, its either down by contact or a fumble. if it's in the endzone, its a touchdown

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:39 AM
i dont see how you look at these 2 plays and think they're the same thing... ertz establishes himself as a runner, whereas james was falling down from the moment he touched the ball

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5Ziv5UnF1nhea791HieOtDZfLII=/400x0/filters:no_upscale()/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/9887211/notd.0.gif

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:39 AM
I agree with your last post. The Pittsburg one I can also agree with. The Dez one. He caught it. Turned and took some steps. Much like the Ertz td. It’s not in the rules on how many steps must be taken.

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:41 AM
Good debate homes. I don’t have a dog in this race. I just wish the nfl would do away with all this bullshit. You catch it inbounds and that’s that.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:47 AM
I agree with your last post. The Pittsburg one I can also agree with. The Dez one. He caught it. Turned and took some steps. Much like the Ertz td. It’s not in the rules on how many steps must be taken.
compare for yourself. did Dez "remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner" ? i dont think so, but i agree this one is much closer than the james play. i think by the time his second foot hits the ground, he's stumbling and on his way down

https://i.imgur.com/Im6cj3T.gif

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:52 AM
I think he has control when he dives and made enough of a move to be a runner. IMO they start being runners when they come down with possession and two feet in bounds. That’s a catch to me.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 02:59 AM
i think thats fair. its definitely one of the more controversial calls in recent history for a reason. i think calvin's was the worst, though it didnt come in as big a spot

blizz
02-06-2018, 03:47 AM
Cheers bro. You’re alright. I am happy for Nick Foles. Good for him.

lefty20
02-06-2018, 07:51 AM
imo, all three of the gifs above are "catches". it's obvious that all three had taken complete control of the ball out of the air. It was the act of lunging into endzone, or "breaking the plane", that caused the wobble which all three managed to keep in their possession.

Fabbs
02-06-2018, 10:47 AM

:lol Almanac Boy saying "without question" when the game had 1,100 yards virtually evenly split, Pats had the lead until 2 minutes left and had a slight chance on the final play.
Let the adults discuss this til you return to your long since worn out shtick.

When the difference is less than a td the. Yes nit picking is justified. Kinda like the difference between 18 ur old and 13 yd old.

spurraider21
02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Item 1. Player Going to the Ground. A player is considered to be going to the ground if he does not remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball until after his initial contact with the ground, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete. If he regains control prior to the ball touching the ground, the pass is complete.

they can just put more emphasis on the "initial contact" with the ground, ie when your knee/forearm hits the ground, instead of the "maintain possession all the way through" bullshit they've been trying to enforce. that would make the dez/james/calvin plays all catches

Avante
02-07-2018, 01:43 AM

That was stupid.

Avante
02-07-2018, 01:50 AM
:lol Almanac Boy saying "without question" when the game had 1,100 yards virtually evenly split, Pats had the lead until 2 minutes left and had a slight chance on the final play.
Let the adults discuss this til you return to your long since worn out shtick.

Dude...YOU...an adult, hahahahahaha~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How many times did the Eagles have a 10 point lead? How long did the Pats have a tiny lead, now think rookie, ok? How was that Pats pass rush doing, oh yeah,,,,non existance. How many times was Brady hit, well?

I usually don't play this, but.....take away that fluke INT, and it's not that close.

The Eagles controlled the game, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?

Fabbs
02-07-2018, 09:23 AM
I usually don't play this, but.....take away that fluke INT, and it's not that close.

The Eagles controlled the game, if you can't see that why am I not surprised?
Oh you'll play it for as long as I want you to.
Patriots:
613 total yards. A record.
Did not punt. Not even once.
Lead with 2:21 to go in the game.
And you try to call that "Eagles controlled the game." :lmao

Do come back after you run off to service your other profiles. You're comedy gold.

Avante
02-07-2018, 09:48 PM
Oh you'll play it for as long as I want you to.
Patriots:
613 total yards. A record.
Did not punt. Not even once.
Lead with 2:21 to go in the game.
And you try to call that "Eagles controlled the game." :lmao

Do come back after you run off to service your other profiles. You're comedy gold.

Other profiles?

Dude, do you think at all?

I've seen these games many times. One team runs up and down the field totally dominating the game. The other team runs back the opening kickoff, blocked a kick to score then an INT to score, they lead 21-20. They have been totally out played.

The Pats were in constant catch up mode, and when they did take the lead it lasted how long? Ho wany minutes of the game did the Eagles have a 10 point lead, well?

Fabbs
02-08-2018, 10:03 AM
Ho wany minutes of the game did the Eagles have a 10 point lead, well?
A grand total of 7 minutes 14 seconds. :lmao

Grab your Almanac and look up how many minutes an NFL regulation game is.
I'll be back to help you.

Avante
02-08-2018, 01:56 PM
A grand total of 7 minutes 14 seconds. :lmao

Grab your Almanac and look up how many minutes an NFL regulation game is.
I'll be back to help you.

Trust me half pint...YOU..helping me, hahahaha~~~~

Dude, the Pats had a tiny lead for how long? What game were you watching?

Fabbs
02-09-2018, 06:33 AM
Nice retraction. You've backpedaled and ran off from your "How long were the Pats up by 10" spouting. Glad I could help your rubberized goo get some exercise.

Dude, the Pats had a tiny lead for how long? What game were you watching?
Here is what you said a day before the game about the Pats being behind:

I expect to see the game we always see.

There will be a time where it's....ya know the Eagles could win this thing. Only to end up....Belichick and Brady are just too much.

Avante
02-09-2018, 09:33 PM
Nice retraction. You've backpedaled and ran off from your "How long were the Pats up by 10" spouting. Glad I could help your rubberized goo get some exercise.

Here is what you said a day before the game about the Pats being behind:

What?

Yes like everybody else I thought the Pats were going to win the game.

But....watching the game it became real obvious the better team on this day ....the Eagles....which surprised all of us. How many times was Foles pressured, how about Brady?

Dude, I'm a Niner fan, so I had no horse in the race, I can see you are emotionally attached so............................

Fabbs
02-13-2018, 10:41 AM
What?

Yes like everybody else I thought the Pats were going to win the game.

But....watching the game it became real obvious the better team on this day ....the Eagles....which surprised all of us. How many times was Foles pressured, how about Brady?.
Translation, since having your "How long were the Eagles up by 10" jammed up your goo you're also going to skiddaddle off from your "The Eagles controlled the game" and "take away that fluke INT and it wasn't even close".

How many times was Brady pressured the Goo Ball asks? With a Super Bowl 505 yards on 28/48 3TD/0 INTs obviously not much. :lol
The Eagle sack at the end was huge tho.

It's okay. You were in way over your head.

spurraider21
02-13-2018, 02:27 PM
blizz

check out the clip starting at 9:40 for the Clement play... you even hear the ref's discussion where he says he doesn't think he lost control just because he shifted the ball. pretty cool to hear it right from the horse's mouth

and at 14:50 same thing with the Ertz play. ref says he's established as a runner clearly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_RHOB9xkqo

Fabbs
02-13-2018, 03:18 PM
blizz

check out the clip starting at 9:40 for the Clement play... you even hear the ref's discussion where he says he doesn't think he lost control just because he shifted the ball. pretty cool to hear it right from the horse's mouth

and at 14:50 same thing with the Ertz play. ref says he's established as a runner clearly
Nice find.
So refreshing to have a playoff game / Superbowl without PatsRef.

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 02:22 PM
saw this out of nowhere, had to share :lol