PDA

View Full Version : Spurs still trying to find an identity after 55 games

SAGirl
02-04-2018, 09:55 PM

this is not new. Manu has mentioned it before, but they are still trying to find ways to win games with the group they have healthy and technically 61 games is 75% of the season. They are very close to hitting that mark.

There is a chance they hit that milestone without Kiwi and Rudy. It is what it is. Continue developing the young guys.. and hope for some luck at this point.

mo7888
02-04-2018, 10:11 PM
I'm sure they're frustrated, but as a fan it's frustrating as well. The biggest frustration is not really knowing what's going on with Kawhi and his injury and with Kawhi and the FO. We all like to prognosticate about what trades they need to make but, until we know the situation with Kawhi we don't know what direction we are going to go in. The only constant that we all seem to agree on is we need to trade Patty either way...other than that we're just in a holding pattern.

HarlemHeat37
02-04-2018, 10:14 PM
Manu should coach the team, tbh..

sasaint
02-04-2018, 10:32 PM

Interesting idea. I thought Kidd's going directly from player to coach was a bad idea. But Manu? Maybe. But I think he would need a GM who is much better than RC at evaluating talent and making trades.

cd98
02-04-2018, 10:40 PM
Eagles had injuries and they won.

CGD
02-04-2018, 10:56 PM
Folks are so melodramatic and spoiled on this website. Even with Kawahi this was always going to be a transition year, filled with developing young players for the future, transitioning away from Parker and Manu, etc. No one actually thought we were beating the warriors, even with a healthy Leonard, right?

Just chill, your team has 5 fucking rings in less than 20 years. Give the transition and associated growing pains time, especially considering that this is small ass San An fucking Tonio.

Perspective: eagles just one their first FRANCISE Championship. EVER.

Hoops Czar
02-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Eagles had injuries and they won.
Who's the Eagles version of Bertsns, Forbes and Paddy?

spurs10
02-05-2018, 02:50 AM
I'm sure they're frustrated, but as a fan it's frustrating as well. The biggest frustration is not really knowing what's going on with Kawhi and his injury and with Kawhi and the FO. We all like to prognosticate about what trades they need to make but, until we know the situation with Kawhi we don't know what direction we are going to go in. The only constant that we all seem to agree on is we need to trade Patty either way...other than that we're just in a holding pattern. The “biggest frustration” indeed.

cutewizard
02-05-2018, 07:41 AM

I sec9nd the motuon

picnroll
02-05-2018, 11:22 AM
Spurs identity is they’re a crappy team with little talent.

SpurOutofTownFan
02-10-2018, 08:43 PM

Never thought about it but it could be a good idea. He likes to think games through. Not sure whether he will remain in the US after retiring though

tholdren
02-10-2018, 10:44 PM
im gay

MoSpur02
02-10-2018, 11:09 PM
It’s really simple. Spurs have been plagued by injuries and therefore are unable to have set rotations. Players who usually come off the bench are starting. Players who hardly play are coming off the bench getting regular minutes. Hopefully all this will change when/if Kawhi and Gay comeback.

DarrinS
02-10-2018, 11:13 PM
I’m not interested in this team, sans Kawhi

Brunodf
02-10-2018, 11:19 PM
This is the softest Spurs team since the Bonner/Blair era tbh. Kawhi being out is just highlighting it

UZER
02-10-2018, 11:19 PM
I'm the identity. Planets, Trump sucks, it's just basketball.

:pop:

dbreiden83080
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM
You have no identity when your best player has not played all year long. Treading water. That’s it.

dbreiden83080
02-10-2018, 11:24 PM
Folks are so melodramatic and spoiled on this website. Even with Kawahi this was always going to be a transition year, filled with developing young players for the future, transitioning away from Parker and Manu, etc. No one actually thought we were beating the warriors, even with a healthy Leonard, right?

Just chill, your team has 5 fucking rings in less than 20 years. Give the transition and associated growing pains time, especially considering that this is small ass San An fucking Tonio.

This year the frustration I totally understand. Because we have so much uncertainty with Leonard. He has this mysterious Leg injury that does not require surgery, yet it has sidelined him for the entire season. We don’t know what his future is, or the teams future as a result?

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 04:57 AM

this is something that Jeff McDonald would say

dbestpro
02-11-2018, 08:25 AM

No one should ever accept mediocrity in their life in anything they do. People who call other people spoiled are mediocre people.

barbacoataco
02-11-2018, 09:19 AM
No one should ever accept mediocrity in their life in anything they do. People who call other people spoiled are mediocre people.
Fans should never expect to win a championship every year unless they're a bandwagon Patriots fan. The fact is 5 championships in 20 years is about as good as it gets. The Spurs have made the playoffs 28 of the last 29 years. We have had the pleasure of watching at least 4 HOF's (DRob, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili) play their entire career here.

Ok the wheels are coming off and Leonard's injury has really accelerated the process. But the Spurs have had an unparalleled run of success. We were right there in the Conference finals last year until Leonard went down. For fans to turn against the franchise so quick is ridiculous.

I have been a fan since the around 89-90 and over those years the Spurs have won A LOT of games. I got the pleasure of seeing them win 5 championships, take down the Lakers and make Kobe cry in 2003, beat a great Pistons team in 2005, get revenge on Lebron in 2014, plus the honor of watching Duncan and Manu their whole career.

Wake up, smell the roses, quit being negative cry babies.

Ice009
02-11-2018, 09:24 AM
this is something that Jeff McDonald would say

I'm grateful, but actually we should have more than 5 rings. Tim Duncan was that good, and I'm pissed off that we didn't get more for him.

Jeff McDonald, again, if you're reading this, you can shove your retarded quotes up your ass!

barbacoataco
02-11-2018, 12:15 PM
I'm grateful, but actually we should have more than 5 rings. Tim Duncan was that good, and I'm pissed off that we didn't get more for him.

Jeff McDonald, again, if you're reading this, you can shove your retarded quotes up your ass!
Whatever. It isn't that easy to win championships. You could say they could have won more, but they also had some luck with the ones they won. To want more than 5 championships in twenty years is ridiculous. Jordan was the best ever and got a lot of help from the league and he only won 6. Get over the negativity and get back to being thankful.

tholdren
02-11-2018, 02:56 PM
You sure are

SAGirl
02-12-2018, 01:49 AM

Maddog
02-12-2018, 08:12 AM

Whatever. It isn't that easy to win championships. You could say they could have won more, but they also had some luck with the ones they won. To want more than 5 championships in twenty years is ridiculous. Jordan was the best ever and got a lot of help from the league and he only won 6. Get over the negativity and get back to being thankful.

Along the same lines
Larry Bird- The legend surrounded by hall of fame talent got 3 rings
Magic 5

r0drig0lac
02-12-2018, 08:19 AM
Along the same lines
Magic 5

Well, Bird was the best player, but Magic had the best team in most years, so where do you want to get here?

Brunodf
02-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Along the same lines
Magic 5
None of them nearly as good as TD