PDA

View Full Version : Best way to transfer music to Club sound system

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 10:11 AM
Club sound system uses....whatever modern DJs use. I dunno.

My source is my computer, specifically YouTube music is my main go to. I know it's video but one can get the audio transferred too.

For music quality purposes, what is the best way to get music from my 'puter to Club sound system?
Just stick an MP3 version on a USB stick? Ok, but are they any technical goodies I should know for best sound quality in the transfer?

Yes I have Google Play.
No I don't have iTunes but I could get it or Spotify IF it will up the quality. Otherwise why not just hork off YouTube?

DJR210
02-05-2018, 11:09 AM
What are you trying to do guy? Be a DJ but you don't have any idea how to be one? :lol

You have your music on a storage device, or streaming source, and you plug it into their system and play..

A DJ typically has their own gear, and just take it and plug into the venue's audio setup.. A ton of clubs today have the Pioneer CDJ+DJM mixer setup, which is pretty much the standard for most pro DJ's, so you would simply bring your laptop and use their shit with your Serato, if you don't carry your own gear.

YouTube quality is terrible, and it is noticeable to people who enjoy music. Spotify and Apple Music offer better quality, but I believe Tidal offers lossless streaming. Don't forget if you're trying to play streaming music for a group of people, you're at the mercy of the Internet connection, and you will have pauses and beat matching issues when transitioning to the next song.. I don't think people are going to enjoy your set much tbh

DisAsTerBot
02-05-2018, 11:44 AM
Lol dj fabbs

DJR210
02-05-2018, 12:07 PM
D-d-d-DJ Fabbs LIVE in the MIX on two phones spinning YouTube!

There's gonna be plenty of drink specials for all you HOT BABES!!

DJR210
02-05-2018, 12:09 PM
:lol the legend of Fabbs continues

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 01:51 PM
What are you trying to do guy? Be a DJ but you don't have any idea how to be one? :lol

You have your music on a storage device, or streaming source, and you plug it into their system and play..

A DJ typically has their own gear, and just take it and plug into the venue's audio setup..

No I'm not being the dj.

The dj and club do not have certain songs. However if you bring the song(s) to them, they will transfer said songs into their system so they have it permanently stored for all future plays. Why they don't just find the song themselves and add it to their system, whatever they don't. However they will add what we bring them.

So, knowing that, any continued Quality thoughts for the transfer?

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 02:08 PM
:lol the legend of Fabbs continues
I'd post my pic at the club if it wasn't for the freakazoid factor of SpursTalk.

DJR210
02-05-2018, 03:07 PM
No I'm not being the dj.

The dj and club do not have certain songs. However if you bring the song(s) to them, they will transfer said songs into their system so they have it permanently stored for all future plays. Why they don't just find the song themselves and add it to their system, whatever they don't. However they will add what we bring them.

So, knowing that, any continued Quality thoughts for the transfer?

You cannot transfer a song from a streaming service.. That would defeat the purpose of their business..

You could use a youtube to mp3 converter tool, but that's even shittier quality.. I'd just download the individual songs on torrent and put the mp3s on a usb drive

SpursforSix
02-05-2018, 05:42 PM
I'd post my pic at the club if it wasn't for the freakazoid factor of SpursTalk.

no need...here you go

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MoogwnHKtmk/UGIGu0StFfI/AAAAAAAAAHE/DaK9ZhPmNBg/s1600/Capture43.JPG

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 06:14 PM
I'd just download the individual songs on torrent and put the mp3s on a usb drive
Is there a YouTube or site similar to how Solo Man explains t.v. for explaining this torrent set up and transfer?

TDMVPDPOY
02-05-2018, 07:20 PM
club sound system is totally different to home theatre system whatever crap u got at home

club sound system uses like pv speakers and those other shit like mixers/dac to get the best out of that audio file...

I got a karaoke system hooked up to a mixer, output to 3way stereo speakers which isn't pv speakers...u can hear the difference...I need to get pv speakers...

koriwhat
02-05-2018, 07:58 PM
limewire and an aux cord.

Fabbs
02-05-2018, 08:50 PM
limewire and an aux cord.
limewire shut down quite some time ago.

koriwhat
02-05-2018, 08:53 PM
limewire shut down quite some time ago.

i was trying to be funny... my jokes are lame though in real life and on the internet.

DJR210
02-05-2018, 09:14 PM
Is there a YouTube or site similar to how Solo Man explains t.v. for explaining this torrent set up and transfer?

There are several different Torrent "clients" that will allow you to download the files peer 2 peer, ie. BitTorrent, uTorrent, etc..

I personally use uTorrent. Google that and install it, skipping all the extra crap programs they offer you of course. Once you do that, search whatever song you want in Google, and include "torrent". It will take you to the site that has that particular torrent directly. I use a VPN, so don't blame me when the RIAA shows up at Krispy Kreme to arrest your ass. The mp3 should save to your download folder or whatever you choose, and once it's there drag and drop it over to your storage device, USB drive, or whatever you're gonna use.

leemajors
02-05-2018, 09:53 PM
There are several different Torrent "clients" that will allow you to download the files peer 2 peer, ie. BitTorrent, uTorrent, etc..

I personally use uTorrent. Google that and install it, skipping all the extra crap programs they offer you of course. Once you do that, search whatever song you want in Google, and include "torrent". It will take you to the site that has that particular torrent directly. I use a VPN, so don't blame me when the RIAA shows up at Krispy Kreme to arrest your ass. The mp3 should save to your download folder or whatever you choose, and once it's there drag and drop it over to your storage device, USB drive, or whatever you're gonna use.

02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
:lmao

DJR210
02-06-2018, 04:26 PM

No bs, we need a "Fabbs Moment" tracker thread in The Club.. this has all the makings of a classic but 90% of the population here will miss it because it's in the Tech Forum.

SpursforSix
02-06-2018, 04:48 PM
On the off chance that this is a serious thread...

Just plug in a pair of Beats Ultra to your computer. Then just mic the music coming from the headphones.

DJR210
02-06-2018, 05:35 PM
On the off chance that this is a serious thread...

Just plug in a pair of Beats Ultra to your computer. Then just mic the music coming from the headphones.

:lol

DMC
02-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Lol dj fabbs

Girl you gonna go nuts
I got a coupon for donuts
and I aint a quitter
Got a sock full of kitty litter
On my dashboard
Oh lord
It's damn near free
Saw it on TMZ
So I know you wanna party
Let me get it started
Don't want to be rude
Let me hit you wif some youtube
Pause for the wifi
It's connecting
Bet you've been reflecting
On your choice of boyfriend

Chucho
02-09-2018, 11:35 AM

DJR210
02-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Spinning on YouTube, make the crowd go nuts
I always know where to find the best deals on donuts
Middle finger to the laundry krew, you can all blow me
Took me 4 months to learn how to install Kodi
6 bills on a scam for this pirate content you're seein'
How many of them hot babes you think will be North Korean?
I always post Simpsons pictures, I practically got stock,
Wait, if nose picking ain't your thing, don't worry I got Spock
I don't see what the big deal is, I'm just the local fool,
catch me jerking under a towel, at your local pool
maybe your teen will see me and ask me to get friskey,
I'll get her all fucked up on xanax and cinnamon whiskey

MAYNE big shout out to the Laundry Krew ya dig

DJR210
02-09-2018, 11:58 AM
Girl you gonna go nuts
I got a coupon for donuts
and I aint a quitter
Got a sock full of kitty litter
On my dashboard
Oh lord
It's damn near free
Saw it on TMZ
So I know you wanna party
Let me get it started
Don't want to be rude
Let me hit you wif some youtube
Pause for the wifi
It's connecting
Bet you've been reflecting
On your choice of boyfriend

monosylab1k
02-10-2018, 12:04 PM
:lol this thread went exactly as I hoped it would.

Chucho
02-10-2018, 12:10 PM
no need...here you go

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MoogwnHKtmk/UGIGu0StFfI/AAAAAAAAAHE/DaK9ZhPmNBg/s1600/Capture43.JPG

No way he's even half as "cool" as that guy. He probably has a barbwire or tribal tattoo and wears polkashell necklaces and Abercrombie rugbys.

Fabbs
02-10-2018, 03:27 PM
:lol

Ok nigs i'm just warming up.

I wake up to the sunshine, i wake up to the dew.
I thank God once again that I'm a member of the Krew.

I don't have any women, i don't have any smiles.
But i can always count on my SpursesTalk profiles.

I can fake like i'm in bidness, making lots of dough.
And i think my name is badass, something like Chunko.
(or make up a name that's badass, something like Chunko)

Never been in the real streets, never seen a real mob.
But i have gangsta e-name you can call me monoslob.

I pose like I'm a baddass, really really mean.
But the truth you see me at the local Krispey Kreme

don't have much real truth, real food on my plate
so when my backs against the wall i always fabricate.

I really want the guys to think of me with awe
so when have to give response i always go with Straw.

MultiTroll
02-11-2018, 06:36 PM
use a VPN,
particular one(s) better?
Or just go with any VPN?

DJR210
02-11-2018, 08:21 PM
particular one(s) better?
Or just go with any VPN?

I recommend you go with the most expensive, least equipped VPN

Pavlov
02-11-2018, 10:18 PM
Just buy the mp3s from Amazon or Google Play. Decent bitrate and DRM-free last I checked. If you give the DJ shit rips and don't bribe him he'll never play them. Buy a couple, make sure the tags are accurate, slap them on a USB drive and see if he even plays them after the bribe. If he insists on lossless come back and start another thread.

SpursforSix
02-12-2018, 11:05 AM
No way he's even half as "cool" as that guy. He probably has a barbwire or tribal tattoo and wears polkashell necklaces and Abercrombie rugbys.

Fair enough. I first Googled "trannies at clubs". But most of the returns were NSFW. So I went with "douche in club".

Fabbs
02-13-2018, 11:17 AM
I recommend you go with the most expensive, least equipped VPN
Not a good recommendation.
Some VPNs do not protect nearly as much as others.

Fabbs
02-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Still doing rough drafts.
K-K-K Krew

I wake up to the sunshine, extra large Mountain Dew,
I thank God once again that I'm a member of the Krew.

Got to have my caffeine, gonna do a lot of miles,
Goin to get to work on my multiple profiles.

Move up to the keyboard, get my hands in motion,
Not to far away got my bottle Jergens Lotion.

Chorus:
I'm with the Krew.
K-K-K Krew.

I'm with the Krew.
SpursTalk Laundry Krew.

Fabbs
02-14-2018, 10:13 AM
Just buy the mp3s from Amazon or Google Play. Decent bitrate and DRM-free last I checked. If you give the DJ shit rips and don't bribe him he'll never play them. Buy a couple, make sure the tags are accurate, slap them on a USB drive and see if he even plays them after the bribe. If he insists on lossless come back and start another thread.
Already been pre arranged, the dj will play it we just have to bring it. He is not real techy even tho the sound system is good.
I simply want to have the best quality possible without overdoing the effort to get it.

So I can do Google Play, but would it still need to be torrented as DJR210 recommended?

DJR210
02-14-2018, 03:46 PM
So I can do Google Play, but would it still need to be torrented as DJR210 recommended?

:lol yes if you want a pirated copy of each to go along with the same song you just bought, tard

Fabbs
02-15-2018, 06:03 PM
:lol yes if you want a pirated copy of each to go along with the same song you just bought, tard
You're confusing.
IDGAF if it's pirated, will it work at the club and no danger to their system?

Fabbs
02-15-2018, 06:06 PM

I have two people who can do torrents.
One is a fraidy cat / anal retent over anything even slightly risky (illegal).
The other one is down but schedule is killer, hardly any free time.

If you would quit acting like a douche we could use TeamViewer and you could do it. Of course I would comp you donuts and then some.

02-15-2018, 08:05 PM

DJR210
02-16-2018, 09:12 AM
:lol this guy is on some serious meds

DJR210
02-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Broken down for the simple folk:

Amazon Mp3 = pay for each mp3, the file is yours to be downloaded and stored anywhere

Streaming Music Service = stream all you want, cant transfer files you've "downloaded" to other sources

Torrent = illegally obtained file that you can do whatever you want with

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 09:36 AM
Amazon Mp3 = pay for each mp3, the file is yours to be downloaded and stored anywhere

And how will the quality be from Amazon?
Lossless?

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 11:16 AM
Already been pre arranged, the dj will play it we just have to bring it. He is not real techy even tho the sound system is good.
I simply want to have the best quality possible without overdoing the effort to get it.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-P9QeDlc7KnA/U_OW7JYs1tI/AAAAAAABC_s/_dqmwTq-7oM/s1600/07-funny-animal-gifs-112-dog-treat.gif

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 11:25 AM
Jergens
Ohhh the power.
If you know why not simply answer? Some stuff I know 500Xs more then you do. Why would I power trip over it?
:lol the insecurity is a howl.

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 11:35 AM
Ohhh the power.
If you know why not simply answer? Some stuff I know 500Xs more then you do. Why would I power trip over it?
:lol the insecurity is a howl.I answered your question before you asked it.

Now you're just being ungrateful.

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 01:22 PM
^^ why didn't you just stay dead at Pulse?

A DJ typically has their own gear, and just take it and plug into the venue's audio setup.. A ton of clubs today have the Pioneer CDJ+DJM mixer setup, which is pretty much the standard for most pro DJ's, so you would simply bring your laptop and use their shit with your Serato, if you don't carry your own gear.

YouTube quality is terrible, and it is noticeable to people who enjoy music. Spotify and Apple Music offer better quality, but I believe Tidal offers lossless streaming. Don't forget if you're trying to play streaming music for a group of people, you're at the mercy of the Internet connection, and you will have pauses and beat matching issues when transitioning to the next song.. I don't think people are going to enjoy your set much tbh
From Tidal how best to get it to club?
Is Club system going to be able to play a Tidal rip?

Lazy ass club is pissing me off more and more.

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Tidal offers lossless streaming.
Believe their FREE offer?

Try it out for free for 30 days, then keep listening for 39/month. You can cancel your trial any time before it ends and no charges will apply.

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 01:45 PM
Some stuff I know 500Xs more then you do. Why would I power trip over it?
:lol the insecurity is a howl.https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MediumConsciousAtlanticsharpnosepuffer-size_restricted.gif

SpursforSix
02-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Broken down for the simple folk:

Streaming Music Service = stream all you want, cant transfer files you've "downloaded" to other sources

Torrent = illegally obtained file that you can do whatever you want with

I'd add that you can "rip" the license files off of some streaming services. Rhapsody/Napster fixed the issue on their stuff but a few years ago, you could take off the license file and then transfer your whole library.

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 03:35 PM
I'd add that you can "rip" the license files off of some streaming services. Rhapsody/Napster fixed the issue on their stuff but a few years ago, you could take off the license file and then transfer your whole library.You're going to break Fredo.

DJR210
02-16-2018, 04:26 PM
And how will the quality be from Amazon?
Lossless?

Look it up dumbass, if you can Google Ralphie pics, you can determine the bitrate of Amazon downloads.

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Look it up dumbass, if you can Google Ralphie pics, you can determine the bitrate of Amazon downloads.

https://im-01.gifer.com/9mOa.gif

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 09:46 PM
:lol Chumplovs life depending on hoping I cannot get this to work.

Fabbs
02-16-2018, 09:47 PM
You're such a bitter ole bitty.

No a Ralphie pic is much easier to grab then deciphering internet to club music transfers.

Pavlov
02-17-2018, 03:53 AM
:lol Chumplovs life depending on hoping I cannot get this to work.I gave you everything you need to make this work, Fredo. It's all up to you now.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-02-2014/v_QbAp.gif

Chucho
02-17-2018, 11:46 AM
I gave you everything you need to make this work, Fredo. It's all up to you now.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/10-02-2014/v_QbAp.gif

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 02:37 PM
I gave you everything you need to make this work, Fredo. It's all up to you now.
You didn't provide shit.
DJR210 on the other hand has provided a ton of useful info both on this subject and Kodi extended streaming.

SpursforSix
03-01-2018, 04:43 PM
You didn't provide shit.
DJR210 on the other hand has provided a ton of useful info both on this subject and Kodi extended streaming.

You're going to stream video at the club? I think you're likely to get busted for that. Much more so than anything you do illegally with the music.

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 05:27 PM
You're going to stream video at the club? I think you're likely to get busted for that. Much more so than anything you do illegally with the music.
:lol separate thread Holmes.

DJR210 hooked us up with some excellent guidelines info on how to stream t.v.
Was able to, among other things get Spurs games last year. Bonus, without the national t.v. broadcasters diarrhea. Aka Reggie Miller etc.

SpursforSix
03-01-2018, 05:28 PM
:lol separate thread Holmes.

DJR210 hooked us up with some excellent guidelines info on how to stream t.v.
Was able to, among other things get Spurs games last year. Bonus, without the national t.v. broadcasters diarrhea. Aka Reggie Miller etc.

Props to DJR210 for mentioning Terrarium.

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 05:34 PM
Props to DJR210 for mentioning Terrarium.
no chit.

On the club front, the one Club said they stopped accepting outside d/l additions due to bug virus danger. Actually had one of the 3 DJs find the song thu his...whatever he uses there at the Club site to search and find. Gotta say sound quality sucks tho.

The other Club, and the one I want it at much more, well their DJs are just the opposite. The one says he cannot find it in his stash or the Clubs system, altho he is known as not willing to break much of if any sweat to do anything. The other DJ, super cooperative simply has no idea how. He looked, did not find it thus said I could bring in the music and he would hook it up.

My willing and able techie buddy is simply swamped, only comes by when he can.

I know I know you guys Google and solve any problem known to man.

DJR210
03-01-2018, 06:12 PM
I know I know you guys Google and solve any problem known to man.

Same way I feel about you being the free donut/pancakes plug.. you're great at that shit

Fabbs
03-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Same way I feel about you being the free donut/pancakes plug.. you're great at that shit
???

Are you saying because I get you 90% of the way there, but do not input your actual neighborhood so you know where the Krispy Kreme / IHOP deals you can access are you think I'm holding out? Dude I don't want any of your actual location given out unless YOU post it.

You got me 90% of the way there with getting the tunes to the Club. But confusing me on Amazon Mp3 being able to be input anywhere or not. Is not the Club going to have to have some Amazon shit to input it?

Pavlov
03-03-2018, 11:59 PM
Fabbs, do you know what an mp3 is?

chunticakes
03-06-2018, 01:11 PM
DJ Fabbz :lol

Fabbs
03-06-2018, 02:25 PM
I want to get this song down there too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYqLWkIYp4

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 04:02 PM

Just use an mp3 converter and you can just use YouTube to download all your music. I doubt anyone will give a shit about the quality.

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 04:03 PM

Just use an mp3 converter and you can just use YouTube to download all your music. I doubt anyone will give a shit about the quality.

Or better yet, just play the songs directly from YouTube to the PA. Forget the converter.

03-06-2018, 07:49 PM
Well lets be serious now, if sound quality truly was the main concern he'd have to get a beats pill and hook it up to the club's sound system somehow right?

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 09:45 PM
Well lets be serious now, if sound quality truly was the main concern he'd have to get a beats pill and hook it up to the club's sound system somehow right?

Well, as I said above, ideally, you run it through Beats Ultimate Studio Plus Headphones and mic the headphones. But certainly one could obtain elite level sound by micing a Beats Pill.

But for someone that has to wait for Free Pancake Day...in order to eat at IHOP...they (Beats Products) would be well out of the price range.

DJR210
03-07-2018, 09:09 AM
I couldn't imagine having to get myself drunker just so I didn't have to hear the DJ's set

Pavlov
03-07-2018, 02:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLYqLWkIYp4"Club music."

Fabbs
03-07-2018, 03:05 PM
"Club music."
Mainly heterosexual club, Chumplov with a variety of music.
Out of your league.

Have you considered doing a Pulse II?

Pavlov
03-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Mainly heterosexual club, Chumplov with a variety of music.
Out of your league.

Have you considered doing a Pulse II?Do you know what an mp3 is?

Chucho
03-07-2018, 03:13 PM
Mainly heterosexual club

What's your interest in going there then?