PDA

View Full Version : Jabari Young supports Kawhi, not the spurs.

apalisoc_9
02-05-2018, 08:14 PM
His latest tweets seems to indicate so.

Kawhi has sacrificed the most in this beef, the spurs need to trade him if they cant facilitate his more than reasonable request.

And this is a guy that knows both kawhi and the spurs beyong the regurgitated media bs.

Stabula
02-05-2018, 08:23 PM
Shut up.

Dex
02-05-2018, 08:25 PM
His more than reasonable request? WTF are you talking about?

Spurs tried to land Paul. They tried to bring Kyrie. They are angling for Lebron.

Shit didn’t work out. It sucks, but that’s life.

Kawhi ain’t some prima donna who is trying to play GM, and it’s not the Spurs fault his ass has been glued to the bench all season.

tbdog
02-05-2018, 08:31 PM
If Leonard wants more stars, he needs to tamper like the Warriors did with Durant alllllllll season and including the playoffs. And Leonard definitely needs to make phone calls in parking lots.

Mr. Body
02-05-2018, 08:32 PM
Fuck off.

sasaint
02-05-2018, 08:33 PM
What request?

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2018, 08:33 PM
If Leonard wants more stars, he needs to tamper like the Warriors did with Durant alllllllll season and including the playoffs. And Leonard definitely needs to make phone calls in parking lots.
Drunkford is one of the highest paid GM's in the league and Poop gets paid like a coach and VP. That's their job, and they're doing a piss poor job.

r0drig0lac
02-05-2018, 08:35 PM
interesting as some people want to make Kawhi the villain in this story, who should put a decent team around the second best player in the world is Pop / RC, not Kawhi

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2018, 08:35 PM
Spurs tried to land Paul. They tried to bring Kyrie. They are angling for Lebron..
They didn't even get a meeting with Chris. Everyone and their momma tried to trade for Kyrie. Yeah really angling themselves for Lebron by handing out terrible contracts and being $20M over the cap.

vy65
02-05-2018, 09:17 PM

Spurs tried to land Paul. They tried to bring Kyrie. They are angling for Lebron.

Kawhi ain’t some prima donna who is trying to play GM, and it’s not the Spurs fault his ass has been glued to the bench all season.

Chris Paul’s mind was already made up before free agency started. That PATFO didn’t know this is a fuck up. That they “rewarded” Pau with the loyalty contact so that they could pursue a player they had no chance of landing shows how completely fucking incompetent PATFO was. Open your fucking eyes - it’s not like they missed out after giving it a good try. They were fucking inept.

hater
02-05-2018, 09:27 PM
The poor bastard cannot even wipe his own ass let alone be the topic of conversation in a champuonship team building

Wake me up when the poor bastard can climb into an airplane without looking like stephen hawkins

hater
02-05-2018, 09:29 PM
only thing you can build around him at this point is a wheelchair stair elevator

bklynspursfan
02-05-2018, 09:37 PM

+1

Don't forget about the PG13 stuff too , which they apparently pursued

TheGreatYacht
02-05-2018, 10:16 PM
+1

Don't forget about the PG13 stuff too , which they apparently pursued
Source?

Play Boban
02-06-2018, 12:39 AM
interesting as some people want to make Kawhi the villain in this story, who should put a decent team around the second best player in the world is Pop / RC, not Kawhi
How is he the second best player when he’s not even on the court because he is injured all the time? :lol

Amuseddaysleeper
02-06-2018, 12:43 AM
You could've post the tweet my friend:

dabom
02-06-2018, 12:46 AM
Jabari said no beef. So what's the problem. :lol

cjw
02-06-2018, 01:18 AM
Seriously, stop spewing fake news without posting the tweet which gives it context. There are very few Tim Duncan’s left in sports (if any) and even he almost left town (!). A guy going about his business quietly is how most people treat their jobs. We all have ups and downs. Jabari said there’s no beef. Lots of other crappier situations around the league now.

spurs10
02-06-2018, 02:07 AM
As Bill Mc said recently if he has a problem with be given max money by a team that is very supportive of him then what are you going to do. The Spurs are the most winning sports franchise of the last 20 years (at least until our star player has sat out most the season) and it’s also a non-glamour, non-glitzy atmosphere. Sounds like a good fit for a ‘nose to grind’ player like him. He’s also being paid 20+ million to rehab and isn’t being rushed. Where’s the beef?

Fireball
02-06-2018, 02:08 AM
apo = jabari tbh ...

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:23 AM
Sorry but Leonard is NOT the second best player in the world. That’s fuckin hilarious. If he could speak in full sentences maybe he could have helped get some Fa’s to join.

blizz
02-06-2018, 02:24 AM
Oh and fuck Jabari and kL. What the fuck is his request? How do you talk shit like that and not say what it is?

Ozballer
02-06-2018, 04:20 AM
As much as its painful to say it, Leonard 's personality appears as the biggest shortcoming between him and total greatness. Basketball is a team sport and most of the top tier players have a voice and some ability to build chemistry with their team mates. This is essential in putting together a championship calibre team around a leading star.
Nt saying it is not possible to mesh Kawhi with such a team, but can he actually be the leading piece with all the benefits of owning the keys of a franchise?
Doubt it. He would have to be a cog in a built team, like KD joining the GSW or like he was in 14-15 championship run. This is obviously a waste of talent for such an amazing player. The trick is how to build around Kawhi when he appears to have no ability to build empathy with his team mates. As such, it requires a pretty savvy and dedicated coach and plenty of planning to make it work. No better home than San Antonio for that.

In addition, I wonder how many superstars actually want to play with KL for this very reason (communication/ no on field chemistry). In other words, it is easy to say that the franchise is not attractive to lure stars across. But what if we say that it is because they do not feel they can build chemistry with KL?
This is actually a very fair point and i would love to be a fly on the wall to know what KL team mates and other players think of him.

MoSpur02
02-06-2018, 05:27 AM
Kawhi is at odd with the Spurs. He is unhappy and doesn’t want to be here. His injury is more mental now than physical. He’s had more than one second opinion and hasn’t been told anything different. The Spurs have done all that they can to please him to no avail.

tenbeersbold
02-06-2018, 07:06 AM
Trade KL,Gasol,Green and LMA for some good young guns/picks and blow it up.
Team is dysfunctional,no leadership culture,personally don't think its possible with LMA and KL on the same team,
these two guys have been 2 plus years of straight up drama,never happened before with the Spurs and Mills being pumped as the team leader guy aint never gonna work lol!
Keep maybe Bertans,Anderson and Parker seriously
Let Manu stay or retire,he and Parker should not start anymore,reduced contracts etc,maybe Pau if he agress to play for 3-5 mill

Lauvergne,Forbes,Mills,Paul etc can all go.

DO IT PATFO!

r0drig0lac
02-06-2018, 07:14 AM
Trade KL,Gasol,Green and LMA for some good young guns/picks and blow it up.
Team is dysfunctional,no leadership culture,personally don't think its possible with LMA and KL on the same team,
these two guys have been 2 plus years of straight up drama,never happened before with the Spurs and Mills being pumped as the team leader guy aint never gonna work lol!
Keep maybe Bertans,Anderson and Parker seriously
Let Manu stay or retire,he and Parker should not start anymore,reduced contracts etc,maybe Pau if he agress to play for 3-5 mill

Lauvergne,Forbes,Mills,Paul etc can all go.

DO IT PATFO!

this is a good point, problems started with Lasoft (aka "the final diva" who did not want to split the team with Lillard) complaining and asking for trade after playing like shit against okc and against gsw in two straight playoffs, maybe it has some influence

TheDoctor
02-06-2018, 07:55 AM
Kawhi looked “happy” in Champions Against Hunger. This was last night:

https://i.imgur.com/ZsfC6eG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/8TdH26S.jpg

Keepin' it real
02-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Trade KL,Gasol,Green and LMA for some good young guns

Maybe these?

http://enricozanarini.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/YoungGuns.jpg

TimDunkem
02-06-2018, 10:05 AM
Maybe these?

http://enricozanarini.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/YoungGuns.jpg
I'd feel better about those guns than those we have starting for this team, atm. Kawhi is right to be pissed.

TimDunkem
02-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Also lol @ all the fluffers who denied every rumor about chasing FAs this summer yet cite them when trying to make a point about their beloved PATFO doing everything in their power to transform this pretender into a contender.

You can't have it both ways.

Pavlov
02-06-2018, 10:12 AM
So Kawhi is pissed because the Spurs are still near the top of the west without him?

Hm.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-06-2018, 10:24 AM
Fake news per par from Apo.

I like how some people need to create drama. You should really think about becoming a Laker fan, or a fan of one of those teams that will give you more to freak out about on a regular basis. You've picked the wrong team...although I guess the Spurs' CIA ways give you plenty of space to spew bullshit...so there's that.

tenbeersbold
02-06-2018, 11:53 AM
It's really pretty simple,All Kawhai has to do is give a statement saying everything is fine.
The fact that he doesn't is telling,add in he's got a family member for an agent now which is a bad idea,most pro agents try to keep good relations with front offices because they have multiple clients and its in their interest to be on friendly terms,family members not so much,it becomes all about the $$$.

Also someone is obviously leaking to Jabari,he's not Tim Duncan,wtf does that mean?!? Kawhai's not a winner,leader or has what it takes to lead the franchise?
Offhand Duncan legacy disparaging by worthless Jabari Young and Kawhai's camp!?!

PATFO should ship his ass to whomever gives us the most in a pkg.

Kawhai has proven himself a loser with this drama,shows a complete lack of character,time for him to go!

Phenomanul
02-06-2018, 12:05 PM

Did it occur to you, or apa for that matter, that the situation (as bad as it is) has NO villains?

Injuries suck... we have to deal with that.

It's not like PATFO went Tonya Harding on Kawhi's quads... geeeeesh.

KDKSpurs24
02-06-2018, 12:08 PM
It's really pretty simple,All Kawhai has to do is give a statement saying everything is fine.
The fact that he doesn't is telling,add in he's got a family member for an agent now which is a bad idea,most pro agents try to keep good relations with front offices because they have multiple clients and its in their interest to be on friendly terms,family members not so much,it becomes all about the $$$.

Also someone is obviously leaking to Jabari,he's not Tim Duncan,wtf does that mean?!? Kawhai's not a winner,leader or has what it takes to lead the franchise?
Offhand Duncan legacy disparaging by worthless Jabari Young and Kawhai's camp!?!

Kawhai has proven himself a loser with this drama,shows a complete lack of character,time for him to go!
Why would you publicly say everything is fine and then the situation changes internally somehow and you change your mind? Then you look like even more of a liar. Waiting it out and keeping quiet is the best.

Did you read the rest of Jabari’s tweets? From my understanding, It just seems like the Spurs expected him to be all “buddy buddy” but all he wants to do is work and go home.

Dex
02-06-2018, 12:09 PM
Did it occur to you, or apa for that matter, that the situation (as bad as it is) has NO villains?

Simple minds around here. They can't wrap their heads around a situation where they can't just point fingers.

In before the standard :cry but Patty and Pau :cry responses.

Phenomanul
02-06-2018, 12:12 PM
Tbh the only real villain in this story is Zaza Pachulia...

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

And someone SHOULD go Tonya Harding on him...

gambit1990
02-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Also lol @ all the fluffers who denied every rumor about chasing FAs this summer yet cite them when trying to make a point about their beloved PATFO doing everything in their power to transform this pretender into a contender.

You can't have it both ways.
:lol

and in regards to cp3 the rumor was they weren’t that interested because they already had an aging PG.

r0drig0lac
02-06-2018, 01:04 PM
Did it occur to you, for that matter, that the situation (as bad as it is) has NO villains?

is exactly what I think, but reading the comments on Kawhi here I would say that many have another opinion, do not you agree?

TimDunkem
02-06-2018, 01:34 PM
Maybe people really are right about Kawhi simply being "unreachable" to a certain extent. Quiet, introverted, spends all day in the gym. It could be true that he really "doesn't want to be best friends" and cares only about winning whether that's here or somewhere else, and that's okay.

With that said, Kawhi should probably speak a little more so PATFO isn't content with trash, or perhaps make a friend and get someone to come here so the team could have a legitimate shot at the title.

Pavlov
02-06-2018, 01:37 PM
I mean what do you think the Spurs' record would be with Kawhi's playing every game at full strength?

I know it hasn't been a difficult schedule, but it's currently the fifth best record in the league 2/3 of the way into the season.

NASpurs
02-06-2018, 01:37 PM
Maybe people really are right about Kawhi simply being "unreachable" to a certain extent. Quiet, introverted, spends all day in the gym. It could be true that he really "doesn't want to be best friends" and cares only about winning whether that's here or somewhere else, and that's okay.

With that said, Kawhi should probably speak a little more so PATFO isn't content with trash, or perhaps make a friend and get someone to come here so the team could have a legitimate shot at the title.

That's going to be a challenge. Hopefully his mom and another player's mom can set up a play date.

tenbeersbold
02-06-2018, 01:56 PM
Why would you publicly say everything is fine and then the situation changes internally somehow and you change your mind? Then you look like even more of a liar. Waiting it out and keeping quiet is the best.

Did you read the rest of Jabari’s tweets? From my understanding, It just seems like the Spurs expected him to be all “buddy buddy” but all he wants to do is work and go home.

Wait out what? Nothing but silly drama from KL and his camp,dude should play or PATFO should trade him.Obviously his camp has told Jabari what the problem is
And dragging Timmy's name into it,KL should be damn proud that someone would even begin to mention his name in TD21's company

I ask again,"He's not Tim Duncan" wtf does that mean,can't mean anything good no matter how you look at it.
Besides his and Aldridge's ISO chucking ways ain't gonna get us past who we need to beat anyhow.

Keepin' it real
02-06-2018, 02:20 PM
Tbh the only real villain in this story is Zaza Pachulia...

:ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

Nope. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Zsa Zsa's goonish act might have saved Kawhi's career (although it looks like it might have been too late). If that play hadn't happened, Kawhi would have keep playing heavy minutes at 110% intensity.

Heck, he thinks he feels pain now. Imagine those extra 10 or so games he would have played on the way to his second title. That extra wear and tear might have caused irreversible untreatable damage to his "tendinopathy."

So, in fact, Zsa Zsa the villain is actually Zsa Zsa the Hero.

cd98
02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Young following the Windhorst path to relevance?

KDKSpurs24
02-06-2018, 04:22 PM
Wait out what? Nothing but silly drama from KL and his camp,dude should play or PATFO should trade him.Obviously his camp has told Jabari what the problem is
And dragging Timmy's name into it,KL should be damn proud that someone would even begin to mention his name in TD21's company

I ask again,"He's not Tim Duncan" wtf does that mean,can't mean anything good no matter how you look at it.
Besides his and Aldridge's ISO chucking ways ain't gonna get us past who we need to beat anyhow.
Until it’s time to sign a contract.

Phenomanul
02-06-2018, 05:11 PM
Nope. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Zsa Zsa's goonish act might have saved Kawhi's career (although it looks like it might have been too late). If that play hadn't happened, Kawhi would have keep playing heavy minutes at 110% intensity.

Heck, he thinks he feels pain now. Imagine those extra 10 or so games he would have played on the way to his second title. That extra wear and tear might have caused irreversible untreatable damage to his "tendinopathy."

That's what the summer off-season is for...

Dex
02-06-2018, 05:22 PM

JohGniYph-c

Keepin' it real
02-06-2018, 05:32 PM
The very fact you oppose this makes me think I'm on to something.

jARS mEsH sEt
02-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Why does HarlemHeat keep posting on his troll account applesauce?

YGWHI
02-06-2018, 10:07 PM
Young following the Windhorst path to relevance?

Not really. But I appreciate that someone in SA media doesn't suck PATFO every second like horrible Jeff McDonald & Cia.

That shot at FO..."alienate a top 5 player"...You will never hear that from the rest of SA media, those guys don't have the balls to criticize Pop/RC.

I celebrate that a journalist working for SAEN said something like this finally...

rasuo214
02-06-2018, 10:18 PM

Kawhi has won on every team he's played on. Lead his college team to the best record they've ever experienced, after Kawhi took the lead the Spurs had back to back 60+ win seasons for the first time in franchise history, Spurs also went to b2b Finals for the first and only time in Spurs history.

But yea totally not winner, if there's a loser it isn't Kawhi. You'd also be able to figure out what Jabari meant if you bothered to read his other tweets...

YGWHI
02-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Offhand Duncan legacy disparaging by worthless Jabari Young and Kawhai's camp!?
It's sad you don't know read...Because the part of Tim was very clear. It was about Tim being the best friend of Pop/RC.

Tim and Pop were like family. Kawhi doesnt want that type of relationship, he has his own family. That's all. And it shouldn't be bad.

Really? Fine. Better you don't cry when Kawhi makes his new team better and beats us every f*cking time we face him on court.

YGWHI
02-06-2018, 10:24 PM
Kawhi is at odd with the Spurs. He is unhappy and doesn’t want to be here. His injury is more mental now than physical. He’s had more than one second opinion and hasn’t been told anything different. The Spurs have done all that they can to please him to no avail.
Don't lie.

tenbeersbold
02-07-2018, 06:02 AM
It's sad you don't know read...Because the part of Tim was very clear. It was about Tim being the best friend of Pop/RC.

Tim and Pop were like family. Kawhi doesnt want that type of relationship, he has his own family. That's all. And it shouldn't be bad.

Really? Fine. Better you don't cry when Kawhi makes his new team better and beats us every f*cking time we face him on court.

Don't care,Spurs have always stood for a different approach than the superstar drama ISO ball hog all about me rest of the NBA
Sacrificing that for Kawhai,LMA style drama...Fu^K that...kiddies are into TMZ style sports not me,Ship him out!