PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Sports: Lakers "recalibrating their focus" from LeBron to 2019 class (Kawhi)

SuperCam
02-06-2018, 01:34 PM

Magic obviously got word that good chance Kiwi will be on the table to visit/negotiate at least...Supermax or bust tbh.

Or maybe LBJ will be available for PATFO instead :wow

TimDunkem
02-06-2018, 01:36 PM
Blood in the water. :wow

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 01:38 PM
The Spurs better not even think of lowballing Kawhi. If they don't offer supermax they deserve to lose him to LA.

Darius Bieber
02-06-2018, 01:38 PM
Told you guys that Kawhi is LA bound. Lakers will be nasty in a few years with their young players and Kawhi.

SuperCam
02-06-2018, 01:41 PM
The Spurs better not even think of lowballing Kawhi. If they don't offer supermax they deserve to lose him to LA.

if he doesn't sign it he's good as gone tbh. would have to trade to LA over summer for Clarkson/Randle and a pick

rjv
02-06-2018, 01:42 PM
ST logic: leonard is done and will never be the same player again; unless he goes to another team, then he becomes a hall of famer again.

NASpurs
02-06-2018, 01:44 PM
Told you guys that Kawhi is LA bound. Lakers will be nasty in a few years with their young players and Kawhi.

Let's hope that PATFO can sell Kawhi on playing with 37 year old Parker, 40 year old Gasol, AARP member Manu, Ma Touches and 50 Mills in 2019.

Wait, that's next year, holy shit.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 01:48 PM
I love ST logic :lol

Kawhi is unhappy with his roster and front office but wants to go to a front office with Magic Johnson and to a team that without Kawhi is worse than his current team without Kawhi :lol

SuperCam
02-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Magic doesn't give up on LeBron unless he's hearing things about 2019 and Kawhi, tbh

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 01:49 PM
if he doesn't sign it he's good as gone tbh. would have to trade to LA over summer for Clarkson/Randle and a pick

No way in hell I'd trade him. Even if Kawhi turns down the supermax extension and says he's walking the Spurs will still have a year to try to convince him to stay. Kobe demanded a trade but the Lakers went out and got Gasol and convinced him to stay when he looked gone. I mean how many times do you see a star player start trashing his team to random fans? If that situation was salvageable then the Spurs would still have a chance. There is absolutely nothing the Lakers could offer that would make me trade Leonard. Clarkson + Randle + a late first are all compete crap, I would rather lose Kawhi for nothing if he walks.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 01:53 PM
I love ST logic :lol

Kawhi is unhappy with his roster and front office but wants to go to a front office with Magic Johnson and to a team that without Kawhi is worse than his current team without Kawhi :lol

We're talking two seasons from now though. Murray doesn't look like such a great prospect while LA has some decent young talent in Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram plus they'll likely have capspace to go after Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler too. Plus they're in Kawhi's hometown. Anyone who doesn't take them as a serious threat to poach Kawhi is nuts.

Dre_7
02-06-2018, 01:54 PM
No way in hell I'd trade him. Even if Kawhi turns down the supermax extension and says he's walking the Spurs will still have a year to try to convince him to stay. Kobe demanded a trade but the Lakers went out and got Gasol and convinced him to stay when he looked gone. I mean how many times do you see a star player start trashing his team to random fans? If that situation was salvageable then the Spurs would still have a chance. There is absolutely nothing the Lakers could offer that would make me trade Leonard. Clarkson + Randle + a late first are all compete crap, I would rather lose Kawhi for nothing if he walks.

:tu

SuperCam
02-06-2018, 01:54 PM

if he walks and spurs get nothing, lma is probably traded or let go, Poop retires, and spurs become a 18 win basement dweller for years. you think the franchise could survive that without being relocated?? Can't afford to bottom out in a small market for that long. you have to at least get a Paul George haul tbh

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 01:57 PM
if he walks and spurs get nothing, lma is probably traded or let go, Poop retires, and spurs become a 18 win basement dweller for years. you think the franchise could survive that without being relocated?? Can't afford to bottom out in a small market for that long. you have to at least get a Paul George haul tbh

If the Spurs trade Kawhi for Clarkson + Randle + late first lma is probably traded or let go, Poop retires, and spurs become a 18 win basement dweller for years.

coachmac87
02-06-2018, 02:08 PM
Magic doesn't give up on LeBron unless he's hearing things about 2019 and Kawhi, tbh

George is looking more likely staying in OKC...

Boogie just tore his Achilles....

LeBron ain’t coming to LA by himself...

Robz4000
02-06-2018, 02:15 PM

The situations with LA back then and SA now are way different without even getting into the fact one is LA and the other is SA. The Lakers back then had a couple really nice youngish pieces in Bynum and Odom, and the Lakers FO had a viable way to acquire talent to contend. Spurs have neither of those things on top of being an undesireable place to play.

You don't have to trade him to LA tbh. Plenty of teams out there that would sell their present and futures for Kawhi like the Kings, Knicks, Nuggets, etc. If he doesn't sign the extension you have to see what you can get for him since, as others have alluded to, the Spurs can't afford to fade into irrelevance for long.

Keepin' it real
02-06-2018, 02:30 PM
B-b-b-but Lakers, what about the "tendinopathy"? (nudge nudge, wink wink)

NASpurs
02-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Stay away Laker fags

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Lol Magic Johnson you dumbass

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 02:34 PM
The situations with LA back then and SA now are way different without even getting into the fact one is LA and the other is SA. The Lakers back then had a couple really nice youngish pieces in Bynum and Odom, and the Lakers FO had a viable way to acquire talent to contend. Spurs have neither of those things on top of being an undesireable place to play.

You don't have to trade him to LA tbh. Plenty of teams out there that would sell their present and futures for Kawhi like the Kings, Knicks, Nuggets, etc. If he doesn't sign the extension you have to see what you can get for him since, as others have alluded to, the Spurs can't afford to fade into irrelevance for long.

New York is not giving Porzingod and that's the only asset from any of those teams I would trade even a 5% chance of re-signing Kawhi for.

Robz4000
02-06-2018, 02:37 PM
New York is not giving Porzingod and that's the only asset from any of those teams I would trade even a 5% chance of re-signing Kawhi for.

You're not gonna get a superstar back in a trade for a superstar tbh. If you can get a Top 3-5 pick in this draft, another solid first round pick, and a great young piece or two you consider yourself lucky. Losing Kawhi for nothing would be the end of this franchise.

spursistan
02-06-2018, 02:37 PM
Pretty obvious now that teams around the league have managed to get reliable intelligence on this Kawhi situation..In one way or another, it appears that a serious breakdown in his relationship with the team/franchise has definitively occurred over the past six months or so..

They would be foolish if they don't open extension talks in the summer---even if he doesn't play another game for the rest of the season-- and any dithering on Kawhi's part, you would have to seriously start listening to trade overtures. At that point, the game would essentially be up.

Budkin
02-06-2018, 02:39 PM
ST logic: leonard is done and will never be the same player again; unless he goes to another team, then he becomes a hall of famer again.

This.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 02:41 PM
You're not gonna get a superstar back in a trade for a superstar tbh. If you can get a Top 3-5 pick in this draft, another solid first round pick, and a great young piece or two you consider yourself lucky. Losing Kawhi for nothing would be the end of this franchise.

I don't know why you're in such a hurry to give Leonard away for crap. Denver, LA, and NYK aren't going to have top 3 picks to trade and LOL at the idea of Kawhi accepting a trade to Sacramento to go play cherry picker D. If they hold on to Kawhi there's a chance he walks and they team is forced into a long and painful rebuild, but it they trade him that long and painful rebuild happens with 100% odds.

r0drig0lac
02-06-2018, 02:46 PM
1- pos Kobe, Lakers are completely IRRELEVANT to the league as anyone can see in the last refusals of free agents

2- players want to stack talents and win no matter if it's in toronto or oklahoma

Robz4000
02-06-2018, 02:49 PM
I don't know why you're in such a hurry to give Leonard away for crap. Denver, LA, and NYK aren't going to have top 3 picks to trade and LOL at the idea of Kawhi accepting a trade to Sacramento to go play cherry picker D. If they hold on to Kawhi there's a chance he walks and they team is forced into a long and painful rebuild, but it they trade him that long and painful rebuild happens with 100% odds.

If they don't trade Kawhi and he walks they might never be relevant again. If they trade him they can develop a foundation that makes a rebuild shorter. Kawhi doesn't have a no-trade clause, Spurs can send him wherever; it would go against their MO but at this point they're in uncharted territory.

cd98
02-06-2018, 02:50 PM
If Kawhi goes to the Lakers, he deserves LaVar Ball.

Keepin' it real
02-06-2018, 02:51 PM

Because on other teams, he would play instead of holding out all season ... err, uhh, I mean instead of suffering from "tendinopathy." nudge nudge wink wink

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 03:04 PM
If they don't trade Kawhi and he walks they might never be relevant again. If they trade him they can develop a foundation that makes a rebuild shorter. Kawhi doesn't have a no-trade clause, Spurs can send him wherever; it would go against their MO but at this point they're in uncharted territory.

What makes you think the Spurs would be getting anything useful in trade for Leonard? He effectively has a no trade clause when he can just walk in a year if they trade him next year, so you're only going to get shit in exchange if you send him to anything but a preferred destination. There is nothing realistic the Spurs can get for Leonard that will keep them from an ugly and long rebuild without him.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 03:05 PM
Could be wrong, but Kawhi is one of the last stars I'd ever see joining the Lakers. Hard to imagine someone with his personality/demeanor enjoying being a part of that circus.

Robz4000
02-06-2018, 03:10 PM
What makes you think the Spurs would be getting anything useful in trade for Leonard? He effectively has a no trade clause when he can just walk in a year if they trade him next year, so you're only going to get shit in exchange if you send him to anything but a preferred destination. There is nothing realistic the Spurs can get for Leonard that will keep them from an ugly and long rebuild without him.

Like I said, there are some desperate teams out there and Kawhi is a Top 3 player in the world. If he's as good as gone from SA, the Spurs can get something for him. It obviously won't be equal to Kawhi, but it'll make the rebuild potentially easier. Really sucks we're getting to this point but it is what it is.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 03:23 PM
Like I said, there are some desperate teams out there and Kawhi is a Top 3 player in the world. If he's as good as gone from SA, the Spurs can get something for him. It obviously won't be equal to Kawhi, but it'll make the rebuild potentially easier. Really sucks we're getting to this point but it is what it is.

What the Spurs would be looking at in exchange is overpaid scrub players who don't fit on winning teams. Eg SuperCam hoping to get a loser like Oladipo. You get bent over in trades when you move an MVP candidate. Oladipo kind of players are a dime a dozen and the Spurs will have no trouble finding someone to put up empty stats while leading the team to the lottery if they lose Kawhi for nothing. There is not a lot of difference IMO between Kawhi walking and the Spurs trading Kawhi for a couple of warm bodies.

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 03:24 PM
:lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVYHMqcV4AA_yYv.jpg

Robz4000
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM
What the Spurs would be looking at in exchange is overpaid scrub players who don't fit on winning teams. Eg SuperCam hoping to get a loser like Oladipo. You get bent over in trades when you move an MVP candidate. Oladipo kind of players are a dime a dozen and the Spurs will have no trouble finding someone to put up empty stats while leading the team to the lottery if they lose Kawhi for nothing. There is not a lot of difference IMO between Kawhi walking and the Spurs trading Kawhi for a couple of warm bodies.

There definitely is if the Spurs can land a Top 5 pick. Kawhi isn't PG13 who broadcasted that he'd only sign with the Lakers.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM

Kawhi doesn't have a "No Trade Clause".

Lol at Spurs can't get anything useful for Leonard.

Look no one wants to see him gone, but if it comes down to it, Spurs can definitely get something valuable in return for Kawhi.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
Kawhi doesn't have a "No Trade Clause".

Lol at Spurs can't get anything useful for Leonard.

Look no one wants to see him gone, but if it comes down to it, Spurs can definitely get something valuable in return for Kawhi.

I said an effective no trade clause, just like Paul George had that kept Indiana from getting anything decent from Boston. Who are you trading Kawhi for?

TheGreatYacht
02-06-2018, 03:43 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVXfmu_VoAEWmNR.jpg

:wow

NASpurs
02-06-2018, 03:47 PM

http://extratime.uol.com.br/wp-content/img/2015/07/Adam-Levine-Lakers.jpg

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 03:51 PM
I said an effective no trade clause, just like Paul George had that kept Indiana from getting anything decent from Boston. Who are you trading Kawhi for?

He has no trade clause . And even though he has a year and half left before his player option, he was just 2nd in MVP voting the past two years and is the resounding best two way player in the game.

I'd trade Kawhi to Boston for Tatum, Brown, Morris, Memphis 19' 1st. If that's asking for too much, I'd probably settle for Brown, Morris, Lakers 18' 1st, Memphis 19' 1st if Kawhi wants out.

If Kawhi doesn't want out, then obviously you're not trading him.

If Spurs can't get anything close to that type of value, then I'd just keep him. Kawhi should garner more value than Kyrie and Paul George. IMO Boston would be crazy to say no to Brown, Morris, LA 1st, MEM 1st.

Brazil
02-06-2018, 03:54 PM
Could be wrong, but Kawhi is one of the last stars I'd ever see joining the Lakers. Hard to imagine someone with his personality/demeanor enjoying being a part of that circus.

holy fuck, for once I agree with you on something :lol

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 03:56 PM

Reality:

https://i.imgur.com/yYMmMJX.jpg

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 04:03 PM
He has no trade clause . And even though he has a year and half left before his player option, he was just 2nd in MVP voting the past two years and is the resounding best two way player in the game.

I'd trade Kawhi to Boston for Tatum, Brown, Morris, Memphis 19' 1st. If that's asking for too much, I'd probably settle for Brown, Morris, Lakers 18' 1st, Memphis 19' 1st if Kawhi wants out.

If Kawhi doesn't want out, then obviously you're not trading him.

If Spurs can't get anything close to that type of value, then I'd just keep him. Kawhi should garner more value than Kyrie and Paul George. IMO Boston would be crazy to say no to Brown, Morris, LA 1st, MEM 1st.

I suppose if Kawhi tells the team he is 100% leaving I'd do that first option at the trade deadline next year. That's about the only good trade I have seen anyone propose for him and Boston would jump on that in a second if Leonard would agree to an extension.

apalisoc_9
02-06-2018, 04:04 PM
Reality:

https://i.imgur.com/yYMmMJX.jpg

I had this as my signature in 2016 saying he was gonna leave.

Vanilla casuals :lmao

apalisoc_9
02-06-2018, 04:04 PM

Son i cant see shit..what is it?

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 04:12 PM
I suppose if Kawhi tells the team he is 100% leaving I'd do that first option at the trade deadline next year. That's about the only good trade I have seen anyone propose for him and Boston would jump on that in a second if Leonard would agree to an extension.

If Kawhi wants to leave, the sooner Spurs can do the trade the better value they get in return, IMO. I wouldn't wait til next deadline if he wants out.

1) Tatum and Brown will or should increase their value exponentially.

2) Boston will use the extension factor as leverage, even more so, against the Spurs since the time-frame is very short (in the hypothetical, wait til next trade deadline).

3) If we go into next season with it known Kawhi didn't sign the Super Max even after the Spurs offered, the offers won't be as fruitful.

If Kawhi is unhappy and wants out, Spurs are better off pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

Hopefully whatever is going on can be put in the past and Kawhi and Spurs can make amends -- but if it can't.... then get him out of here by the summer.

DJR210
02-06-2018, 04:23 PM
If Kawhi was to leave I could see him wanting to go back to SoCal.. back to his assburgers comfort zone region

Brunodf
02-06-2018, 04:25 PM
It wouldn't surprise me tbh, Kawhi seems like the kind of guy that would like to play in LA

r0drig0lac
02-06-2018, 04:30 PM
It wouldn't surprise me tbh, Kawhi seems like the kind of guy that would like to play in LA

humm..why?

8FOR!3
02-06-2018, 04:33 PM
Unless you get Herschel Walker-trade like return then you just let him walk and start rebuilding from there. You don't accept players who are just going to lead to another 5 or so years of mediocrity.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 04:36 PM
If Kawhi wants to leave, the sooner Spurs can do the trade the better value they get in return, IMO. I wouldn't wait til next deadline if he wants out.

1) Tatum and Brown will or should increase their value exponentially.

2) Boston will use the extension factor as leverage, even more so, against the Spurs since the time-frame is very short (in the hypothetical, wait til next trade deadline).

3) If we go into next season with it known Kawhi didn't sign the Super Max even after the Spurs offered, the offers won't be as fruitful.

If Kawhi is unhappy and wants out, Spurs are better off pulling the trigger sooner rather than later.

Hopefully whatever is going on can be put in the past and Kawhi and Spurs can make amends -- but if it can't.... then get him out of here by the summer.

Boston would have no leverage since they couldn't sign Kawhi outright and they would have a hell of a time trying to clear $40 million off their cap to be able to make a run at him in free agency.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 04:45 PM
Boston would have no leverage since they couldn't sign Kawhi outright and they would have a hell of a time trying to clear $40 million off their cap to be able to make a run at him in free agency.

They would have leverage because the amount of teams Kawhi would be willing to sign an extension with would be very limited. Next year around the deadline, that main variable will be "will Kawhi sign the extension". If Boston is one of two teams, then Boston and the other team have a lot of leverage.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
They would have leverage because the amount of teams Kawhi would be willing to sign an extension with would be very limited. Next year around the deadline, that main variable will be "will Kawhi sign the extension". If Boston is one of two teams, then Boston and the other team have a lot of leverage.

I don't buy it. Meeting the Spurs' asking price would land them a guy who would put the Celtics on par with Golden State to win a title, and it's the only way they'd be able to do it since they're so capped out now. And they'd be trading two players who wouldn't get minutes behind Kawhi and Hayward anyways. If Kawhi is willing to extend with Boston then Ainge is never pulling that deal off the table and if Kawhi doesn't guarantee extension then he's never offering that much whether it's this trade deadline, this summer, or next trade deadline. I don't think the Spurs lose anything by trying to convince Kawhi to stay and then dumping him to Boston around the deadline if they can't make any moves to keep him here.

TD 21
02-06-2018, 05:13 PM
Pretty obvious now that teams around the league have managed to get reliable intelligence on this Kawhi situation..In one way or another, it appears that a serious breakdown in his relationship with the team/franchise has definitively occurred over the past six months or so..

They would be foolish if they don't open extension talks in the summer---even if he doesn't play another game for the rest of the season-- and any dithering on Kawhi's part, you would have to seriously start listening to trade overtures. At that point, the game would essentially be up.

I wouldn't worry about Leonard making it to the '19 free agent class, at least as a Spur. They've got to be intelligent enough to know that it can't get to that point. Once they presumably offer the super max in the off season, if he delays for an extended period or outright declines, he should be offered to to Celtics for the aforementioned package (and for you idiots complaining about the value, that would easily be the most received for a superstar or star in recent memory).

Probably none of these three is making it to free agency in '19.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 05:21 PM
I wouldn't worry about Leonard making it to the '19 free agent class, at least as a Spur. They've got to be intelligent enough to know that it can't get to that point. Once they presumably offer the super max in the off season, if he delays for an extended period or outright declines, he should be offered to to Celtics for the aforementioned package (and for you idiots complaining about the value, that would easily be the most received for a superstar or star in recent memory).

Probably none of these three is making it to free agency in '19.

Agreed. Spurs would be idiots to wait that long.

In the event Kawhi is unhappy and wants out, you would think the Spurs would be able to gauge Kawhis' real interest in signing the super max before the time comes to offer the super max, no?

TD 21
02-06-2018, 05:35 PM
Agreed. Spurs would be idiots to wait that long.

In the event Kawhi is unhappy and wants out, you would think the Spurs would be able to gauge Kawhis' real interest in signing the super max before the time comes to offer the super max, no?

They have to. Really, they should have a pretty good sense either way. They're the ones around him constantly, so whatever the truth is shouldn't come as a shock to them.

Of course, like Aldridge, if reparation is required, they should exhaust that first before proceeding. If he's not happy, find out what would make him happy. Is it this worldly, basketball isn't that important culture / shtick, that they seemingly enforce, is it the lack of a second perimeter star or a combination thereof? I don't buy the usual small market nonsense.

MaNu4Tres
02-06-2018, 05:40 PM
like Aldridge, if reparation is required, they should exhaust that first before proceeding. If he's not happy, find out what would make him happy. Is it this worldly, basketball isn't that important culture / shtick, that they seemingly enforce, is it the lack of a second perimeter star or a combination thereof? I don't buy the usual small market nonsense.

If all the reports carry some weight and if Kawhis' uncle/Pop were just putting out the fire that was exposed to the public, this should all be taking place right about now, no?

TD 21
02-06-2018, 05:51 PM
If all the reports carry some weight and if Kawhis' uncle/Pop were just putting out the fire that was exposed to the public, this should all be taking place right about now, no?

Ideally, but similar to the Aldridge situation, it's probably easier in the off season, when both sides have had some time to cool off and unwind.

It's funny, Aldridge got blasted for speaking his mind and not leaving them in the dark, while Leonard gets shielded for his seeming unwillingness to do the same. Even if you don't like what the former had to say, I'd much rather that approach.

daslicer
02-06-2018, 05:51 PM

Does this mean you will go to Lakersground in 2019 and become a Lakerfan? If so that's a great consolation prize for losing Kawhi.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 06:02 PM
We're talking two seasons from now though. Murray doesn't look like such a great prospect while LA has some decent young talent in Ball, Kuzma, and Ingram plus they'll likely have capspace to go after Klay Thompson or Jimmy Butler too. Plus they're in Kawhi's hometown. Anyone who doesn't take them as a serious threat to poach Kawhi is nuts.

Bruh - I can’t speak for Kawhi and his motives and LA could be a threat, but it won’t be because of anything logical like front office/roster. Maybe Kawhi just loves and misses LA and that is enough for him.

But I dont take LA as a threat from the perspective of things people are discussing. Let’s throw out the front office for a moment (which is a complete got damn dumpster fire that trips over themselves daily) and just look at the roster:

Both SA and LaL have a Kawhi-less roster at the moment and one of those rosters is damn near 15 games better. I don’t disagree that LA has some nice young pieces but they are still miles away from being a playoff team let alone being a WCF caliber team which this current Spurs team with Kawhi is.

Kawhi’s next deal will be 4-5 years long so from a competitive perspective that’s all he cares about. I find it hard to believe that even with their young talent growing that if both rosters stayed the same that LA would leap frog SA in the standings. LMA still has 3-4 quality years, Kyle/Danny/Forbes/Bertans have all shown good things and having just a legit all-star player like LMA is a massive advantage which is why SA is winning so much without Kawhi compared to LA with all their talent.

LA has not attracted jack sh*t in a long time, but even if you wanted to speculate they could land Klay or Jimmy with their current core I don’t think that player makes them 15 games better (and that’s assuming that SA cant add anyone) .

I don’t see a reason to believe that for the next 3-5 years SA even as currently constructed would be a better team than LA as currently constructed.

emanueldavidginobili
02-06-2018, 06:04 PM
If he was to go anywhere I could see him going to LA, That’s his home.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 06:04 PM

Dude, you know you are being overly pessimistic when you are arguing that SA wouldn’t get something good for Kawhi AND that LAL who without Kawhi vs SA without Kawhi are far worse would be better over the next 3-5 years.

SuperCam
02-06-2018, 06:10 PM
Does this mean you will go to Lakersground in 2019 and become a Lakerfan? If so that's a great consolation prize for losing Kawhi.

if this franchise loses kiwi for nothing then it doesn't matter where any fan goes because it will become the Seattle Spurs before the end of the next decade tbh

daslicer
02-06-2018, 06:14 PM
if this franchise loses kiwi for nothing then it doesn't matter where any fan goes because it will become the Seattle Spurs before the end of the next decade tbh

Nice to see that you have a new trolling shtick in case Kawhi leaves in which you will spam the board with for years . Anyways I live in Charlotte so it doesn't effect me if the Spurs move.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 06:40 PM
Bruh - I can’t speak for Kawhi and his motives and LA could be a threat, but it won’t be because of anything logical like front office/roster. Maybe Kawhi just loves and misses LA and that is enough for him.

But I dont take LA as a threat from the perspective of things people are discussing. Let’s throw out the front office for a moment (which is a complete got damn dumpster fire that trips over themselves daily) and just look at the roster:

Both SA and LaL have a Kawhi-less roster at the moment and one of those rosters is damn near 15 games better. I don’t disagree that LA has some nice young pieces but they are still miles away from being a playoff team let alone being a WCF caliber team which this current Spurs team with Kawhi is.

Kawhi’s next deal will be 4-5 years long so from a competitive perspective that’s all he cares about. I find it hard to believe that even with their young talent growing that if both rosters stayed the same that LA would leap frog SA in the standings. LMA still has 3-4 quality years, Kyle/Danny/Forbes/Bertans have all shown good things and having just a legit all-star player like LMA is a massive advantage which is why SA is winning so much without Kawhi compared to LA with all their talent.

LA has not attracted jack sh*t in a long time, but even if you wanted to speculate they could land Klay or Jimmy with their current core I don’t think that player makes them 15 games better (and that’s assuming that SA cant add anyone) .

I don’t see a reason to believe that for the next 3-5 years SA even as currently constructed would be a better team than LA as currently constructed.

I don't know man, Aldridge isn't Duncan and I don't expect him to age nearly as well after hearing him scoff Duncan's practice habits. The Spurs have a massively aging core and the younger players aren't that talented. If Buford can't get some more young talent in here I think the Lakers roster looks much more promising if I'm Kawhi and looking at supporting casts in two years with no Parker, no Ginobili, and no Gasol.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 06:43 PM
I don't know man, Aldridge isn't Duncan and I don't expect him to age nearly as well after hearing him scoff Duncan's practice habits. The Spurs have a massively aging core and the younger players aren't that talented. If Buford can't get some more young talent in here I think the Lakers roster looks much more promising if I'm Kawhi and looking at supporting casts in two years with no Parker, no Ginobili, and no Gasol.

We will just have to disagree. LMA will be and is better than anyone on LAs roster for the next few years.

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 06:50 PM
We will just have to disagree. LMA will be and is better than anyone on LAs roster for the next few years.

Even if he is still better than Ingram in two years I still I can't say I expect fatass Mills to be better than Ball or Green/Forbes/Bertans to be better than Kuzma. It's a miracle this team is 3rd in the west with how crap this roster is outside of Leonard + Aldridge. And Ginobili isn't going to be here in two years to clean up so many messes.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 06:55 PM
Cool. Put your faith in a Lakers team that has been a bottom dweller for how many years now? A team who wants to trade away Randle, gave Clarkson & Deng those deals, dumped Russell for nothing and has Lonzo whose dad is already a massive headache.

dabom
02-06-2018, 07:01 PM
Lakers are worse than bums. He ain't going there. :lol

baseline bum
02-06-2018, 07:08 PM
Cool. Put your faith in a Lakers team that has been a bottom dweller for how many years now? A team who wants to trade away Randle, gave Clarkson & Deng those deals, dumped Russell for nothing and has Lonzo whose dad is already a massive headache.

So is Mills going to stop being fat in two years?

CGD
02-06-2018, 07:10 PM
LOL, yahoo just pushing out an idea/thought exercise WOJ had in one of his most recent podcasts.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 07:12 PM
So is Mills going to stop being fat in two years?

Nope, but even with Mills being bad SA still is a lot better than La is right now. So with Forbes/White/Murray growing, ya, I can see SA being better as Mills gets more phased out

Stabula
02-06-2018, 07:17 PM

Stand
02-06-2018, 07:53 PM

Solid point. The guy would have the media so far up his ass right now it wouldn't even be funny, and you'd constantly have the shadow of Kobe leering over your shoulder. So from that aspect, he has the world by balls here in SA.

cd98
02-06-2018, 08:17 PM
Kawhi turn down $$$$. Doubt it. Only way he leaves is if Spurs offend him by not offering super max. People here think he doesn’t care about money? Ha. They all care about money. Spurs players just agree to a little less money but get it on the backend of their loyalty contract which comes right before they retire.

Brunodf
02-07-2018, 02:46 AM
humm..why?

People often associate Kawhi quiet behavior being "TD like" and end up concluding that Kawhi is pretty much like him but they forget that even though Duncan didn't care much for the media he was always friends/best friends with most of the players that he ever played with, because as a franchise player he knew that he probably would've to play with them for a long time..

It's only speculation of course, but maybe Kawhi quiet behavior/lack of communication isn't just because he's a shy person, considering he's from California where he lived his entire life before the NBA, there's a chance that he envisioned spending his career in a different city and truly doesn't like being in SA.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2018, 03:29 AM

Lakers are 11-4 within that span while the Spurs are 7-8.

There's a really high chance the Spurs post a below .500 record in their remaining schedule and end up with a 6-8th seed.

One team is young with potential, the other is old and aging like milk. One team has the cap to add superstars around you, the other is letting every scrub eat.

Don't laugh out the Kawhi-LA buzz, folks. It could backfire.

spurs10
02-07-2018, 03:44 AM
Know what you’re saying. ^.....but they paid him 90 million! Hard to imagine him having no appreciation for the Spurs.

r0drig0lac
02-07-2018, 06:12 AM
People often associate Kawhi quiet behavior being "TD like" and end up concluding that Kawhi is pretty much like him but they forget that even though Duncan didn't care much for the media he was always friends/best friends with most of the players that he ever played with, because as a franchise player he knew that he probably would've to play with them for a long time..

It's only speculation of course, but maybe Kawhi quiet behavior/lack of communication isn't just because he's a shy person, considering he's from California where he lived his entire life before the NBA, there's a chance that he envisioned spending his career in a different city and truly doesn't like being in SA.

exact

r0drig0lac
02-07-2018, 06:15 AM

Lakers are 11-4 within that span while the Spurs are 7-8.

There's a really high chance the Spurs post a below .500 record in their remaining schedule and end up with a 6-8th seed.

One team is young with potential, the other is old and aging like milk. One team has the cap to add superstars around you, the other is letting every scrub eat.

Don't laugh out the Kawhi-LA buzz, folks. It could backfire.

if we exclude Kawhi from the equation, and puts things like versatility, age, size, athletics and talent, they have a better roster than that SA

illusioNtEk
02-07-2018, 08:15 AM
super max for a player who seems to be always injured? no thanks... let's trade him along side Patty now! asap

bklynspursfan
02-07-2018, 10:25 AM
Ew.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2018, 10:39 AM
if we exclude Kawhi from the equation, and puts things like versatility, age, size, athletics and talent, they have a better roster than that SA
Agreed, and it really isn't close. The choice is easy.

Do you want to play infront of Shawn Michaels and empty seats, or the Kardashians and a full Staples Center? Do you want your own quesadilla, or your own signature shoe? Do you want fat teammates with fat contracts, or young pieces on dirt cheap contracts?

Dre_7
02-07-2018, 10:51 AM
Agreed, and it really isn't close. The choice is easy.

Do you want to play infront of Shawn Michaels and empty seats, or the Kardashians...

Um, HBK>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kardashians

cjw
02-07-2018, 06:30 PM

I’d rather trade him for a pick than Clarkson/Randle/pick. Bad contract for a dime a dozen guard and a limited PF who’s about to be overpaid. Would rather have cap room in a year where there’s none. Their pick won’t be good enough anyway.

Unless you get Herschel Walker-trade like return then you just let him walk and start rebuilding from there. You don't accept players who are just going to lead to another 5 or so years of mediocrity.

Amazing that some people get it. Most players who aren’t FAs-to-be are negative values right now unless they’re on rookie deals given the number of players available vs. cap room. Look at the Lou Williams contract as an indication of how much the market has fallen, as well as the reasonable Aldridge extension.

If trading Kawhi, you want a bevy of picks unless there’s a player that you absolutely love, and also use it as an opportunity to get out from the Mills deal while you’re at it.

Fact. And there’s a chance Ingram and Ball never progress to the level he’s currently at, though Aldridge will eventually age.

phxspurfan
02-07-2018, 06:50 PM
Ew.

Holy shit Lakers would be The Squad

DAF86
02-08-2018, 02:20 AM

Chances are very high on him growing up a Lakers fan, tbh.