PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Magic gets the Lakers fined for tampering AGAIN

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 02:35 PM

:lol Magic really has no clue how to run a professional front office. Somehow, the Lakers have managed to downgrade from Fredo and Chazz.

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 02:36 PM
Dumbass :lol

Budkin
02-06-2018, 02:37 PM
:lmao

RsxPiimp
02-06-2018, 03:22 PM
smh. what a joke this guy has been.

-called lonzo as the new face of the franchise
-opened his mouth about paul george on live freaking TV
-created discord between players and management by completely ignoring their contributions and value
- declaring a 2 MAX FA in 2018 or bust plan
- but waived said plan and refocused his attention in 2019 after getting lukewarm interests these free agents :lol

BatManu20
02-06-2018, 03:23 PM
:lol

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVYHMqcV4AA_yYv.jpg

02-06-2018, 03:31 PM
Somehow, the Lakers have managed to downgrade from Fredo and Chazz.

LkrFan
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM

:lol Magic really has no clue how to run a professional front office. Somehow, the Lakers have managed to downgrade from Fredo and Chazz.

CN being obtuse again? SMDH :lol

Not worried here :lol

LkrFan
02-06-2018, 03:34 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DVYHMqcV4AA_yYv.jpg

^ disenginuous farmer :lol

Chris
02-06-2018, 03:38 PM
"WE'RE DESPERATE! LONZO IS NOT PANNING OUT!" :lol

djohn2oo8
02-06-2018, 03:41 PM
https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/magic.gif?w=1000

lefty
02-06-2018, 03:42 PM
: lmao Fagic

RsxPiimp
02-06-2018, 03:47 PM
wait. I just read the whole thing. no way in hell is that tampering, tbh :lol

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 03:48 PM

^ disenginuous farmer :lol

:lol I know English is your second language, Eduardo, but those words don't mean what you think they mean. And you completely butchered the spelling of "disingenuous," too.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 03:51 PM
wait. I just read the whole thing. no way in hell is that tampering, tbh :lol

Prohibited Tampering:

- Public comments made by a member of front office or coaching staff about a player on another team.

https://basketball.realgm.com/article/246574/CBA-Encyclopedia-Tampering

Chris Fall
02-06-2018, 05:04 PM
That part of the tampering rule really is stupid though. If the public comments don’t involve trying to sign or trade for that player in the future, and it’s only praise for the player, I don’t see why there should be a stink about it. If Magic said in an interview that “Giannis is a great player” and stopped right there and said nothing else, that’s still tampering. That’s dumb.

LkrFan
02-06-2018, 05:05 PM
:lol I know English is your second language, Eduardo, but those words don't mean what you think they mean. And you completely butchered the spelling of "disingenuous," too.

I blame my Note8 for det autocorrect. And yes, I used obtuse correctly :downspin:

Killakobe81
02-06-2018, 05:12 PM
I do think magic has made some missteps but like the last time FAs were lukewarm ...thank God. None of them outsode of Lebron is worth a max contract not even PG ...
so far every max excrlept harden, steph, durant lebron maybe derozen has,been filled with injury and/or underwhelming results. in fact for most their best years is pre max Conley Parsons Wall monroe blake have all missed time, sucked or been traded for spare parts.
Signing PG, cousins etc wont solve our problems ...
Lakers just need to draft well develop the kids and shed salary for when the time is right ...
Lebron doesnt fit our timeline anyways ...but if wants to come u make dat happen otherwise sign smart vets on the cheap to mentor the pups.

Killakobe81
02-06-2018, 05:16 PM
and lakers drafted really well Lonzo has not been what his dad proclaimed and probably wont ever be ...but i think he wiil be good. Kuzma is going to be really good and hart a solid roation guy off the bench.

Clipper Nation
02-06-2018, 05:30 PM
I do think magic has made some missteps but like the last time FAs were lukewarm ...thank God. None of them outsode of Lebron is worth a max contract not even PG ...
so far every max excrlept harden, steph, durant lebron maybe derozen has,been filled with injury and/or underwhelming results. in fact for most their best years is pre max Conley Parsons Wall monroe blake have all missed time, sucked or been traded for spare parts.
Lakers just need to draft well develop the kids and shed salary for when the time is right ...
Lebron doesnt fit our timeline anyways ...but if wants to come u make dat happen otherwise sign smart vets on the cheap to mentor the pups.
:lol LeGOAT doesn't fit the Lakers' "timeline"? What "timeline"? Is there a point in time where Magic will stop being an idiot and Lonzo will stop being a bust?

lefty
02-06-2018, 06:13 PM
:lol LeGOAT doesn't fit the Lakers' "timeline"? What "timeline"? Is there a point in time where Magic will stop being an idiot and Lonzo will stop being a bust?

Killakobe81
02-06-2018, 07:09 PM

from his perspective not ours ...by the time guys like Kuzma are ready to assume the Horry/battier type roles LeBron will no longer be the best player on the planet. Love Kobe but extending him cost us any slim cance at LeBron ...Lakers FO and the fanbase needs to move on from these pipedreams.
hope he goes to Rox ...like I said the other day let those two battle in the high stakes arms race and we just develop our own squad. Those two Sixers and celts gonna have to let good young talented players walk to star chase resign vets or sign their own lottery pix ...
I would go after Smart, Rozier, Saric, mccaw, Etc.

DMC
02-06-2018, 07:21 PM

Not worried here :lol

A blind man could have seen that about Lew Alcindor.

DPG21920
02-06-2018, 07:41 PM
I don’t get why this is tampering? Seems weak. The PG stuff for sure was egregious but this is nothing.

Killakobe81
02-06-2018, 07:58 PM
I don’t get why this is tampering? Seems weak. The PG stuff for sure was egregious but this is nothing.

agreed seems like it was for show ...whatever. Lakers wont be in the mix for anyone worth tampering for this year regardless.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2018, 08:05 PM

the league office probably viewed it as an over the top but in all honesty, i see comments like this from every gm year in and out, though magic is probably under more scrutiny for his blatant disregard of rules with the paul george thing thus the quick fine.

RsxPiimp
02-06-2018, 08:18 PM

i honestly think they need a star player. they're not going to contend anytime soon but the least they can do is bring some real talent. while i do enjoy the grittiness of the squad, it's apparent that they need an all star caliber player to carry them over humps. you can't have a losing season year in and out, it's toxic, especially for the younger players.

Killakobe81
02-06-2018, 11:45 PM
i honestly think they need a star player. they're not going to contend anytime soon but the least they can do is bring some real talent. while i do enjoy the grittiness of the squad, it's apparent that they need an all star caliber player to carry them over humps. you can't have a losing season year in and out, it's toxic, especially for the younger players.

Can't force it and what if a star doesn't want to come? PG may come ... but why would he leave Russ to join us? I don't trust him for 4 years at the max but I wont lie the last 10 games or so have made me reconsider and s ince we are not very good right now I would pay him. But the only true franchise changer is bron and he probably even less likely to join.
We may have no choice ...what if everyone resigns or no one chooses us? So if the choice is to trade randle or Clarkson for pennies or keep them one more year ... I vote keep rolling young get some hard working young vets that can still play (No deng types) and allow Randle Kuzma and Ingram to develop in to scorers ... we will still lose games to teams with proven stars but the investment will pay off down the road ...

LkrFan
02-07-2018, 08:29 AM

DPG, the voice of reason per par.

Fabbs
02-07-2018, 08:33 AM
DPG, the voice of reason per par.
$50,000 fine wow.
The financial hardship for Magic that could result in his curtailing his clothing allowance for Junior.
http://ilosm.cdnize.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Screen-Shot-2016-09-20-at-3.03.49-PM.png

RsxPiimp
02-07-2018, 04:24 PM
Can't force it and what if a star doesn't want to come? PG may come ... but why would he leave Russ to join us? I don't trust him for 4 years at the max but I wont lie the last 10 games or so have made me reconsider and s ince we are not very good right now I would pay him. But the only true franchise changer is bron and he probably even less likely to join.
We may have no choice ...what if everyone resigns or no one chooses us? So if the choice is to trade randle or Clarkson for pennies or keep them one more year ... I vote keep rolling young get some hard working young vets that can still play (No deng types) and allow Randle Kuzma and Ingram to develop in to scorers ... we will still lose games to teams with proven stars but the investment will pay off down the road ...

my response is on the assumption that they'll have a legit opportunity to sign an all star caliber max FA this off season. I mean they will eventually have to use the cap and the talent pool of young vets, as you said is dry. with the exception of randle, you're left with tyreke evans, wes Matthews and marcus smart type of guys.

the lakers just need a consistent talent tbh. like I said, while I do enjoy watching the young core hit their strides as a core, the team still needs a band aid solution until they're ready to take over.

Fabbs
02-07-2018, 05:14 PM
Lonzo Testicle is about to become a father.

Do you want to give this it's own thread, Laker Phan?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/report-lonzo-expecting-child-with-girlfriend-denise-garcia/ar-BBIPyPG?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

RsxPiimp
02-07-2018, 05:39 PM
glad he found his shot

UZER
02-07-2018, 06:39 PM
Magic never learns. Cheating is how he got AIDS.

Clipper Nation
02-11-2019, 03:48 PM
:lmao Getting investigated for tampering AGAIN
:lmao Dumbest front office in the league, by far
:lmao Lakers

Texas_Ranger
02-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Magic is just as useless of a front office guy as his boyfriend Isiah Thomas was.

baseline bum
02-11-2019, 04:10 PM
:lmao Getting investigated for tampering AGAIN
:lmao Dumbest front office in the league, by far
:lmao Lakers

Why is it dumb to tamper if the league doesn't do anything about it and fines the other team for not trading LA their star?

UZER
02-11-2019, 06:01 PM
Why is it dumb to tamper if the league doesn't do anything about it and fines the other team for not trading LA their star?

Exactly!

LkrFan
02-12-2019, 03:03 PM