PDA

View Full Version : Belly Nelly Coming Back to the Spurs...

SequSpur
02-06-2018, 11:50 PM
:bobo

MoSpur02
02-07-2018, 12:06 AM
The fact that there is no information as to the details of the trade make it seem Spurslike.

DontStopBelieving
02-07-2018, 12:07 AM
ok

MoSpur02
02-07-2018, 12:09 AM
I don’t see him coming back, but wouldn’t mind it

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 12:39 AM
We're missing big balls on this team, tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-07-2018, 12:40 AM
I'd love it if true.

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 12:43 AM
You guys better be joking. We need more than this has been but I guess beggars can't be choosers...and he's 100 times better than Joffrey.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2018, 12:57 AM
Sad part is he'd be the 8th shooting guard on the team and somehow the best

hater
02-07-2018, 12:59 AM
Maybe our guy in Atlanta can take the shitburger for Ferrari

One can only dream

cd021
02-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Bet not be for a 1st rounder

Ruler
02-07-2018, 01:18 AM
37% from 3. 41% from the floor. He wasnt the same ever after 2014 or 13. Probably on the decline, we have too many guards. I'd like if they took 50 mills for him straight up, that's the only trade I'd like (throw Joff in there too for a bonus if that works!).

Robz4000
02-07-2018, 01:20 AM
Atlanta wanted a second rounder for him. I'd do it in a heartbeat if they took back Joff and Paul.

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 01:21 AM
What about that talk about HernandezGomezValenzuelaGuttierez from the Knicks, tbh?

Skoobz
02-07-2018, 01:26 AM
Who ?

SAGirl
02-07-2018, 01:38 AM
What about that talk about HernandezGomezValenzuelaGuttierez from the Knicks, tbh?
:lol

Brunodf
02-07-2018, 02:17 AM
Why would the Spurs want another old guard that is a below average shooter and can't play defense.

DeRozan m8
02-07-2018, 02:45 AM
Sad part is he'd be the 8th shooting guard on the team and somehow the best

This

Slippy
02-07-2018, 04:07 AM
I'd love it if true.
Same

hater
02-07-2018, 08:43 AM
Why would the Spurs want another old guard that is a below average shooter and can't play defense.

Because he would be replacing a fat guard that cannot shoot or play dfense at YMCA levels

Keepin' it real
02-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Defense! Defense!

jermaine
02-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Anyone saying no to Marco is a fucking fool... How soon some of yal forget!!! Now one on our team run off screens an can get a shot of like him.

KDKSpurs24
02-07-2018, 12:14 PM
Anyone saying no to Marco is a fucking fool... How soon some of yal forget!!! Now one on our team run off screens an can get a shot of like him.
Exactly. We need that element in the offense badly. I can already picture his backdoor cuts helping a lot.

baseline bum
02-07-2018, 12:23 PM
Fiat would be a big upgrade over Fifty if Atlanta's GM is retarded.

jermaine
02-07-2018, 12:25 PM
Fiat would be a big upgrade over Fifty if Atlanta's GM is retarded.

Can we give them White, an Pual for Marco? Idk how that stuff works

jermaine
02-07-2018, 12:26 PM
Can we kust take on Marco's contract am just cut 2 people??

baseline bum
02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Can we give them White, an Pual for Marco? Idk how that stuff works

Why would you rather give them those players over Fifty?

jermaine
02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
He has to come to the Spurs... any other team would be dumb to sign him tbh.

gospursgojas
02-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Have you seen our offense? It's pretty much 4 down every play, and if for whatever reason they can't get the ball to LMA its like watching 7th grade kids running around with no clue what to do.

A guy that can come off a screen and hit a shot would be very much welcomed.

boutons_deux
02-07-2018, 01:04 PM

Going to charlotte, IIRC

benefactor
02-07-2018, 01:12 PM
:cry come home Grande Beli :cry

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 01:28 PM
Going to charlotte, IIRC

I guess Pop didn't want another Spaniard.

jermaine
02-07-2018, 01:33 PM
Have you seen our offense? It's pretty much 4 down every play, and if for whatever reason they can't get the ball to LMA its like watching 7th grade kids running around with no clue what to do.

A guy that can come off a screen and hit a shot would be very much welcomed.

This is true.. I'm passing on tonight's game to go to my kids 7th grade Choir concert. I'm so tired of seeing Parker, Mills, an Forbes on the court together.

BackHome
02-07-2018, 01:55 PM
I guess Pop didn't want another Spaniard.

Thats fucked they trade him for a second round draft pick and we’re stuck with this Fench dude who has what one block shot all year.

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Thats fucked they trade him for a second round draft pick and we’re stuck with this Fench dude who has what one block shot all year.

Yeah, they seem determined to have the worst player in the league in the bench every year it seems. It used to be Bonner, then it was Ayres, and now it's the dude who killed Ned Stark.

Phenomanul
02-07-2018, 02:32 PM
Bonner wasn’t the worst player in the league. Some of you guys are blinded by hatred. He hit big shots when called upon and could actually defend bigs in the paint. It wasn’t his fault he was paired with no-knees Blair, and the corpse of McDyess during the “down years”.

illusioNtEk
02-07-2018, 02:33 PM
trade patty for him?

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 02:37 PM
Bonner wasn’t the worst player in the league. Some of you guys are blinded by hatred. He hit big shots when called upon and could actually defend bigs in the paint. It wasn’t his fault he was paired with no-knees Blair, and the corpse of McDyess during the “down years”.

Hit big shots? He's one of the very worst playoff performers I've ever seen lol.

UZER
02-07-2018, 02:42 PM

lol blinded by homerism

phxspurfan
02-07-2018, 02:45 PM
It's come to this. :depressed

phxspurfan
02-07-2018, 02:55 PM
According to nba.com (http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/07/nba-trade-deadline-buzz-feb-7-2018#/) everyone wants Belinelli

Phenomanul
02-07-2018, 03:17 PM
lol blinded by homerism

I’m not really his fan. I’m also not stupid. Plus minus stats aside, Bonner spaced the floor and allowed Parker’s and Ginobili’s penetrations to be more effective. Anyone not blinded by pure hatred could see this. He wasn’t a star obviously, but he played his role - Pop did overuse him, to the point where other teams could create a mismatch on him on the defensive end of the floor, but that’s not Bonner’s fault.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2018, 03:19 PM
Hit big shots? He's one of the very worst playoff performers I've ever seen lol.

lol blinded by homerism
Shit takes are his repertoire, to be fair.

TheGreatYacht
02-07-2018, 03:22 PM
Also :lol at some of you that are bitching about his defense.

1. It won't be a downgrade over the Parker-Mills-Forbes-Manure quartet
2. This is a below average offense. We need players that can hit big balls shots
3. Nothing wrong with bringing back a champion and Top-2 franchise 6th man (with Simmons)

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 04:23 PM
According to nba.com (http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/07/nba-trade-deadline-buzz-feb-7-2018#/) everyone wants Belinelli

Not that Twitter chick who turned him down after he slid into her DM, tbh.

SpurPadre
02-07-2018, 04:34 PM
I’m not really his fan. I’m also not stupid. Plus minus stats aside, Bonner spaced the floor and allowed Parker’s and Ginobili’s penetrations to be more effective. Anyone not blinded by pure hatred could see this. He wasn’t a star obviously, but he played his role - Pop did overuse him, to the point where other teams could create a mismatch on him on the defensive end of the floor, but that’s not Bonner’s fault.

Anyone not blinded by his red hair would see that he was a terrible playoff performer throughout his career who was afforded chance after chance of getting wide open looks due to the Big 3 commanding attention yet missed badly and consistently. People point out his alleged contributions against the Thunder in '14 but the REAL difference maker in that series was Boris Diaw, who didn't just stand there like an idiot at the three point line pretending to be a threat, he actually MADE shots and played defense! Funny how that works, huh? Bonner was a serviceable regular season player in stretches and primarily in garbage time but was badly exposed in games that mattered on a consistent basis. No team in the NBA would've taken him, especially for the tenure he had with the Spurs.

Spurs9
02-07-2018, 04:38 PM
We need him back so we can see BRhornet post again.

phxspurfan
02-07-2018, 04:47 PM
We need him back so we can see BRhornet post again.

sons he would be welcome back to the forum

gospursgojas
02-07-2018, 04:56 PM
This is true.. I'm passing on tonight's game to go to my kids 7th grade Choir concert. I'm so tired of seeing Parker, Mills, an Forbes on the court together.

Otherwise you woulda def chose spurs over your kids choir performance right? Spurs games over everything.

MVPCues
02-07-2018, 05:31 PM
Bonner hit a lot of big shots...when the team was up 12 with 4 minutes left...in the regular season.

He was a good teammate and a good role player during the regular season. I personally like the guy, but he was overused, particularly in the playoffs when he missed a lot of shots and better defenses kept him from being wide open. He all too often couldn't get a shot up or hesitated in big moments. And, he was done his last two years with the team.

Raven
02-07-2018, 05:37 PM
that's not a funny joke.

Phenomanul
02-07-2018, 08:20 PM
Shit takes are his repertoire, to be fair.

That's your crap opinion... per par.

Oh wait...

YOU ARE racist crap... not a coincidence.

Phenomanul
02-07-2018, 08:25 PM
Anyone not blinded by his red hair would see that he was a terrible playoff performer throughout his career who was afforded chance after chance of getting wide open looks due to the Big 3 commanding attention yet missed badly and consistently. People point out his alleged contributions against the Thunder in '14 but the REAL difference maker in that series was Boris Diaw, who didn't just stand there like an idiot at the three point line pretending to be a threat, he actually MADE shots and played defense! Funny how that works, huh? Bonner was a serviceable regular season player in stretches and primarily in garbage time but was badly exposed in games that mattered on a consistent basis. No team in the NBA would've taken him, especially for the tenure he had with the Spurs.

I love Diaw as much as the next guy. But both he and Bonner contributed to pulling Ibaka out of the lane against the Thunder in 2014. Again, your hatred doesn't allow you to see this.

He also hit big shots against the Grizzlies in that ill-fated 2011 playoff run where Ginobili played with a broken arm.

AGAIN - your assertion was that Matt Bonner is as bad a basketball player as Joffrey Lauvergne. I disagree with that assessment - THAT is my primary point of contention in this thread (NOT whether or not Bonner was a great baller). Joffrey can't finish around the rim, throws up wild shots, can't set a proper screen, has trouble catching passes and lastly can't defend for crap (with a historically low block percentage). Their aptitudes aren't even comparable. That I know of Bonner doesn't own any dead last ranking on any NBA metric - Joff does.

I already admitted that Pop overused Bonner - because Bonner was at least smart enough to know what plays were being called (which can't always be said about the newer or less experienced players) - but that's on Pop, not Bonner.

Dex
02-08-2018, 03:15 PM

Way to go, shortbus. You ruined it!

Hoops Czar
02-08-2018, 03:18 PM

Way to go, shortbus. You ruined it!

Dodged a bullet.

exstatic
02-09-2018, 07:34 PM
Ferrari bought out by ATL, and already on waivers.

gospursgojas
02-09-2018, 07:39 PM
Only want if he still has his LOB trophy tattoo.

tholdren
02-09-2018, 07:44 PM

Meh thats not the problem. Forbes plays off screens and shoots off the dribble better than both. Its ghetto iso ball. Now that murray is out it will get better. He blows

Phenomanul
02-09-2018, 07:45 PM
Ferrari bought out by ATL, and already on waivers.

I would buy-out the rest of Brandon Paul's contract, cut him and make room for Belinelli.

Phenomanul
02-09-2018, 07:47 PM
Meh thats not the problem. Forbes plays off screens and shoots off the dribble better than both. Its ghetto iso ball. Now that murray is out it will get better. He blows

Forbes almost always looks to shoot - that's a problem too.

tholdren
02-09-2018, 08:07 PM

Thats what he is paid to do

SAGirl
02-09-2018, 08:12 PM
Ferrari is definitely a better offensive player, passes and creates for teammates better.

I think Pop tell in love with Bryn Curry Forbes.

We shall see what happens. I bet Marco is going to want to play and this team already has way too many guard with seniority and the only one who doesn't have it, Dijon needs to play to get better.

sasaint
02-09-2018, 08:17 PM
I would buy-out the rest of Brandon Paul's contract, cut him and make room for Belinelli.

Yep. This team needs somebody who can put the ball in the basket.

exstatic
02-09-2018, 09:47 PM

That would also free up the number 3. 👍

exstatic
02-09-2018, 09:51 PM
Ferrari is definitely a better offensive player, passes and creates for teammates better.

I think Pop tell in love with Bryn Curry Forbes.

We shall see what happens. I bet Marco is going to want to play and this team already has way too many guard with seniority and the only one who doesn't have it, Dijon needs to play to get better.
Of all of our ball handlers, the only one over 6’3” who can shoot the long ball is Manu, and he plays like 20 minutes. Ferrari gonna play if they sign him.

Leetonidas
02-09-2018, 10:17 PM
Wanted Marco back since he left tbh. He is shit on defense but he had great chemistry with the team and was one of the few players who could create his own shot. He also didn't shy from the big lights. Wouldn't mind having him back at all considering Kawhi is never coming back this season anyway

UNT Eagles 2016
02-12-2018, 01:00 AM
lol, I just remembered that I wrote this in 10th grade for an AP world history project way back in 2010, and this was well before the Spurs ever acquired Ferrari.....

Dear A. O’Leary:

I write to you, my old Irish friend, on the 14th of September of the year 1347. The great city of Florence has been stricken with the great fear of everyone…the great malady of our time…you know of what terror I speak of. People are dying in droves here – this year, not five thousand; not ten thousand; not twenty thousand; an unspeakable number far greater, I fear. I am one of the lucky ones to survive…so far. Today, I wash my hands with warm water previously boiled over a fire every chance I get and bathe on a consistent basis; in addition, I only eat from my garden and live alone. And I’m afraid alone is what I shall remain…I who, having had an intimate encounter with the plague itself, am far luckier than one could imagine. Just five months ago, the most beautiful woman in all of Italy, a certain Alyssa Ramaglia, was mine - at last. We postponed our wedding due to the unexpected death of her father – once a proud, golden man, he lay on his grave discolored, disfigured, stinking, facial expression miserable and hopeless. Many others at the site had the same terrible appearance, though were yet to succumb to the disease. My fiancé and I returned home that night to retire to bed. The next day passed, and then the next. The third morning was cold and terrible, and I knew something was awry. I reached over and caressed my lady; and to my horror she was fevering, and to a morbid degree. Shivering, she awoke with a cough, said my name, and repeated it. Leaving her alone in bed, I headed out to work with a dark cloud obscuring my mind, heart – and spirit. At dusk I rushed home, fearing the worst. And so my fears were realized: at the sound of my entrance my fiancé cried out to me from our bedroom, and when I hurried in her screams of terror mellowed to simple tears. She said my name as she cried. “Look at me. Just – look at me.” She undid the sheets so I could see her in her premium entirety. I could not believe, nor stand my eyes: dozens of horrible, thick, oozy round sores protruded from all over her body; though these were concentrated heavier in certain spots, the whole of her was bruise-colored. And Alyssa, the beautiful Alyssa, had been transformed into a monster, a terrible, disfigured beast that had the appearance of a mortally wounded creature of evil. And Alyssa, who writhed in pain as I approached her emitted the appalling smell of a newly dead carcass being feasted on by hundreds of rats so I jogged several meters back. Horrified and sickened at the sight and thought, I knew I could not sleep with that creature that night, so I walked outside to rest on the lawn. The next morning was even more bone-chilling than the last; I knew the outcome as I entered the house, now a stinking domicile of death. I went through the darkness to the source of the stench to discover a dead beast lying in the bed which had been once solely mine. Seized by terror, I then ran fast as I could across the city to my second home, the one my dear brother had left me before moving on to Paris for business reasons: I dimly recalled where the bed in the abandoned house was situated, lay my head down upon it and prepared to meet the same fate. However, as hours turned into days, and days into weeks, and weeks into months, I realized that death had skipped over me. I have still yet to contract the disease, and for that I can only thank God. Cloudy have been my dreams of late, yet I fight on and continue to avoid death by the plague. For friendship in these dark times, I shall look to you, my noble O’Leary. Stay safe in Ireland – and in the event of this spreading to your area, I advise you to remain alone, avoid all city food and maintain good personal hygiene habits!

M. Belinelli