PDA

View Full Version : Official 2018 NFL Free Agency Thread

spurraider21
02-07-2018, 03:49 PM
getting this one warmed up.

raiders cut david amerson, he's already meeting with the bears (while free agency isn't open yet, iirc players who are cut during this period can also be signed during this period).

some beat writers expecting something of an overhaul for the raiders. will likely cut some receivers including crabtree, and if they feel confident they can retain TJ Carrie, will likely cut Sean Smith too

UNT Eagles 2016
02-07-2018, 04:28 PM
Amerson and Carrie are both bad, Smith is just a slow over the hill press corner who was never fast but decent at guarding possession receivers but that's it.

they need to build their secondary around Conley, Joseph, and the corner they draft early this april... oh yeah, and they need better linebackers and DTs

spurraider21
02-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Carrie had a solid season but he's a slot guy, so they still need somebody starting across conley (who is an injury concern). the lack of depth may force them to keep smith, but who knows

The Gemini Method
02-07-2018, 04:46 PM
Hopefully we can re-sign Trumaine and Brockers. Though, the Donald contract issue needs to be resolved before any of the other dominoes fall in to place. I think R. Quinn is gone though.

monosylab1k
02-07-2018, 05:21 PM
I just want the Patriots to get linebackers who can make a fucking tackle.

The Gemini Method
02-07-2018, 05:44 PM
I just want the Patriots to get linebackers who can make a fucking tackle. What happened to Hightower? Was he on IR for the Super Bowl?

Raven
02-07-2018, 05:55 PM
What happened to Hightower? Was he on IR for the Super Bowl?

IR the whole year

benefactor
02-07-2018, 06:55 PM
All the DBs and Olineman pls

SanAntonioSpurs23
02-07-2018, 08:19 PM
Andrew Norwell would be nice.
Allen Robinson, Josh Gordon or Jarvis Landry as well.

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 02:39 PM
Jimmy Garoppolo given 5 years, 137.5 mil (27.5 average), with 74 mil guaranteed

biggest contract in NFL history (which is the market rate for just about every QB contract). wonder how much kirk cousins will fetch

Avante
02-08-2018, 02:50 PM
Not a fan of paying guys the huge $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ who really haven't proven they warrant it. YES.....Jimmy G looks like he has....IT. And I really hope he does.

Being a Niner fan I expect a quality QB.

leemajors
02-09-2018, 08:33 AM
Jimmy G. has 272 career attempts and just got $74 million guaranteed.

The Brock Lobster had 275 career attempts when he left Denver and got $72 million.

benefactor
02-09-2018, 12:42 PM
^Same thing came to my mind. At least Houston got out of Assweiler's deal mostly unscathed with a potential franchise QB in place

spurraider21
02-09-2018, 03:54 PM
except osweiler didn't even look good and was benched after starting a few games :lmao

jimmy g has been coveted for some time and played well with opportunities

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 05:35 PM
AJ McCarron won his grievance, is now an unrestricted free agent

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 05:50 PM
"Legal Tampering" period begins March 12.

Free Agents can be signed March 14

UNT Eagles 2016
02-15-2018, 08:40 PM
So what happens if, several more cap-strapped QB needy teams (like the Broncos, Bills or Cardinals) pitch to Cousins at five or six years at $27-30 mil apiece, but the Browns counter with six at... $40 million per year? 80% of it fully guaranteed? Does he take it and embrace the losing?

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 09:01 PM
So what happens if, several more cap-strapped QB needy teams (like the Broncos, Bills or Cardinals) pitch to Cousins at five or six years at $27-30 mil apiece, but the Browns counter with six at... $40 million per year? 80% of it fully guaranteed? Does he take it and embrace the losing?
i would consider it if i were him. i think a rookie QB playing for cleveland will inevitably be a dumpster fire. i do think a guy like Cousins who knows how to play can survive.

- Hue Jackson for all his flaws is a good offensive mind.
- He'll still have Joe Thomas protecting his blind side.
- Josh Gordon should be much better next year, having already been back for some time, gotten back into game shape, will be able to go through a full training camp/preseason...
- Corey Coleman won't be leaned on as much as has another crack at having a healthy season

and if they get cousins, they won't feel pressured to draft a QB #1, which will allow them to trade the #1 pick to another QB-needy team, and still have the #4 pick to take Saquon Barkley. An offense with Cousins/Gordon/Coleman and Barkley does have some potential. Njoku will probably benefit quite a bit, too

As it stands right now, they not only have the #1 and #4 picks, but they have the 1st, 3rd, AND last picks of the 2nd round. If they deal the #1 overall pick to the Broncos/Jets/Cardinals they can still have 2 first round pics, but get another 2nd this year and at least another future first. They can use all those assets to build their defense around Garrett who looked really good as a rookie.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-16-2018, 02:56 PM
i would consider it if i were him. i think a rookie QB playing for cleveland will inevitably be a dumpster fire. i do think a guy like Cousins who knows how to play can survive.

- Hue Jackson for all his flaws is a good offensive mind.
- He'll still have Joe Thomas protecting his blind side.
- Josh Gordon should be much better next year, having already been back for some time, gotten back into game shape, will be able to go through a full training camp/preseason...
- Corey Coleman won't be leaned on as much as has another crack at having a healthy season

and if they get cousins, they won't feel pressured to draft a QB #1, which will allow them to trade the #1 pick to another QB-needy team, and still have the #4 pick to take Saquon Barkley. An offense with Cousins/Gordon/Coleman and Barkley does have some potential. Njoku will probably benefit quite a bit, too

As it stands right now, they not only have the #1 and #4 picks, but they have the 1st, 3rd, AND last picks of the 2nd round. If they deal the #1 overall pick to the Broncos/Jets/Cardinals they can still have 2 first round pics, but get another 2nd this year and at least another future first. They can use all those assets to build their defense around Garrett who looked really good as a rookie.
So, basically the 76ers of the NFL strategy. I like where your post is headed, not sure if that franchise just isn't cursed to lose no matter how much talent they have honestly.

I say that as they have looked better than a good chunk of teams on paper for awhile now even without a franchise QB (everyone thought the Jets were going to be the 0-16 team last year, not Cleveland). They always just seem to make a laughably bad play at the most inopportune time, where it's a Coleman drop-a-gimme on 4th down, a dreadful Kizer lob pass into the shallow middle in overtime, or a completely blown coverage against the fastest receiver on the other team.

Barkley behind that offensive line would be interesting, but they could definitely stand to improve the line after Thomas & Zeitler. Tretter was never very good in GB or otherwise. Not a big Hue Jackson fan, his gimmicky offense in Cincy worked because they had a stacked line and receiving corps back then, and even then that team always folded in the playoffs. Now they're gone and Andy Dalton is a pumpkin, hmm, how much of that was Jackson or the departure of guys like Whitworth, Zeitler, Sanu and Marvin Jones (and Eifert is never healthy anymore)? If Gordon really is off the weed for good that is a real plus, he was a monster in the short lived Jason Campbell era. Njoku is interesting but can't block. Do they brink back Ike Crowell if they draft Barkley, or do they let him walk and roll with Duke Johnson at their 3DRB?

lots of questions, hoping they'll win at least a couple games next year for the franchise's sake, wouldn't count on it though. AFC North plays the stacked NFC South next year. They also face the AFC West which looks pretty weak for the first time in awhile, though. Maybe the Browns can beat Cincy and finally oust Marvin Lewis for good.

spurraider21
02-16-2018, 05:58 PM
:lmao holy shit

Raven
02-17-2018, 08:20 AM
^Same thing came to my mind. At least Houston got out of Assweiler's deal mostly unscathed with a potential franchise QB in place

so about 20M in cap space and a 2rd + 6rd picks (for a 4th rd compensatory) is unscathed?

... sure if your criteria is how many picks NE got stolen by the league..

spurraider21
02-23-2018, 01:37 PM
Chiefs trading Marcus Peters to the Rams

Means the Rams will be letting Trumaine Johnson walk just a season after franchise tagging him and letting Janoris Jenkins walk

UNT Eagles 2016
02-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Jenkins was always by far the better corner anyway, Johnson is just a bit above average.

Pretty darn good defense they had when they also had Rodney McLeod and Darian Stewart, and Chris Long and Robert Quinn in their primes. Always fought hard in the division, stole division games even though they'd consistently finish 7-9 and in last place. If only they had a better offensive coach than Jeff Fisher.

Trill Clinton
02-24-2018, 08:37 PM

:lol

spurraider21
02-24-2018, 09:03 PM
team friendly deal for a guy who had a decent season and showed up big in the NFC title game... in a season where his top receivers were out and the run game faded in the playoffs.

they can still draft a qb in the first if they want an insurance policy

Raven
02-25-2018, 07:21 AM
team friendly deal for a guy who had a decent season and showed up big in the NFC title game... in a season where his top receivers were out and the run game faded in the playoffs.

That's the retarded bears approach..

Pelicans78
02-25-2018, 09:24 AM
That's the retarded bears approach..

Jags won't find an upgrade in FA. Cousins and Brees available who are really upgrades. Bortles was signed pretty cheap for only 3 years. They can still draft a QB in the meantime and develop him during the next 3 years.

Stick to soccer buddy. American sports are out of your league.

Raven
02-25-2018, 10:28 AM
Jags won't find an upgrade in FA. Cousins and Brees available who are really upgrades. Bortles was signed pretty cheap for only 3 years. They can still draft a QB in the meantime and develop him during the next 3 years.

Stick to soccer buddy. American sports are out of your league.

what are you arguing about tbh? Signing a qb to an extension while fully intending to draft a different qb (for anything other than old age reasons) is the definition of a self fulfilling negative prophecy.. When has it ever worked out tbh?

(Also i'm the only one to have predicted the Nick Foles path of destruction this year tbh)

sickdsm
02-25-2018, 10:15 PM
what are you arguing about tbh? Signing a qb to an extension while fully intending to draft a different qb (for anything other than old age reasons) is the definition of a self fulfilling negative prophecy.. When has it ever worked out tbh?

(Also i'm the only one to have predicted the Nick Foles path of destruction this year tbh)

Haven't the Patriots been drafting a QB every other year?

Robz4000
03-05-2018, 06:47 PM
Looks like Houston won't go after anyone in FA who has kneeled for the national anthem.

spurraider21
03-05-2018, 07:47 PM
dat culture

spurraider21
03-05-2018, 07:50 PM
wow, now they're saying Allen Robinson won't be tagged :wow...

i expect landry's trade market to fall off a cliff, and miami will end up rescinding his tag

benefactor
03-06-2018, 08:43 AM
Looks like Houston won't go after anyone in FA who has kneeled for the national anthem.
Texans denied it.

Don't listen to Solomon. He's just another jig trying to stir the pot after all the "inmates running the prison" shit got out of control.

In fact, the Chronicle as a whole has never really liked/accepted the Texans...with McClain being biggest hater of them all. They are all a bunch of bitter, Bud Adams ball washing Oilers fans. I mean come on...what news outlet deliberately tries to sabotage it's own local franchise?

djohn2oo8
03-06-2018, 08:59 AM
Texans denied it.

Don't listen to Solomon. He's just another jig trying to stir the pot after all the "inmates running the prison" shit got out of control.

In fact, the Chronicle as a whole has never really liked/accepted the Texans...with McClain being biggest hater of them all. They are all a bunch of bitter, Bud Adams ball washing Oilers fans. I mean come on...what news outlet deliberately tries to sabotage it's own local franchise?

McNair should have shut his mouth long ago about the inmates and the asylum.

benefactor
03-06-2018, 10:16 AM
McNair should have shut his mouth long ago about the inmates and the asylum.
Nothing else has been said since he made the comment. For the most part it had blown over and things were back to business as usual. That cocksucker Solomon basically brought it all up again for no reason.

spurraider21
03-06-2018, 01:53 PM
I can't imagine any team will actually send a draft pick over for a tagged Landry when you have Robinson and Watkins now as UFA's

spurraider21
03-06-2018, 02:03 PM
Two hours left for teams to apply franchise tags

"legal tampering" period opens up at 4pm EST this coming monday, march 12

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2018, 04:47 PM

hmm? Foles?

or if you're talking about the AFC title game, then no, bortles sucked. "Showed up big" would have meant key conversions on big downs in the 4th quarter when you are up 10 points with the football, and then again (twice) up 3 points with the ball. Instead he overthrows and flat out misses guys and they lose.

spurraider21
03-06-2018, 04:54 PM
yeah meant AFC. and nah, bortles actually played quite well against NE

Robz4000
03-07-2018, 02:30 AM
yeah meant AFC. and nah, bortles actually played quite well against NE

This.

RGMCSE
03-07-2018, 06:11 AM
I know people are shitting on the Jags for not tagging AR15 but as a Jags fan good fucking riddance you price of shit. Dude got hurt for the season twice in 4 years. Now he wants to be paid top$$ after an acl?? Nah fuck that. Draft a mid round wr and a top tier TE and keep rolling.

benefactor
03-07-2018, 01:36 PM
Houston possibly going after Nate Solder. Yes please.

spurraider21
03-07-2018, 02:50 PM
hard to know what to expect with Gruden. sounds like he intends to hang onto lynch, crabtree, and irvin, which is fine be me. they've been silent on sean smith... maybe they're going to gauge trumaine johnson's price tag, and if it ends up being astronomical, they'll keep smith. i just hope they're able to re-sign TJ Carrie to a reasonable deal.

he has openly criticized our RT play, which has been the weak link of our line for years

i'm hoping we're able to bring back Bowman.

Darth_Pelican
03-07-2018, 03:41 PM
The rebuild in Seattle is in full swing. Reports are coming in that Sherman will not be returning to the team, and Bennett is being traded to the Eagles. It's doubtful that Graham will be a Seahawk next year either.

Avante
03-08-2018, 03:21 AM
Free agency is why a European franchise would never work. Who is moving their family to a foreign country?

Really tired of hearing about Kirk Cousins, he's a middle of the pack talent, everyone sees that except Kirk Cousins.

spurraider21
03-08-2018, 01:23 PM
I can't imagine any team will actually send a draft pick over for a tagged Landry when you have Robinson and Watkins now as UFA's
:lol landry signed the tag before dolphins can rescind it. now they're stuck with him at 15 mil, and nobody is gonna trade for that. wouldn't be shocked if they cut Suh tbh... morons

spurraider21
03-08-2018, 08:07 PM
Aqib Talib to the Rams :wow

Talib + Peters is a nasty combo. also thank you to the Rams for poaching two of the best AFC-W corners

Darth_Pelican
03-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Demarco Murray released by Titans. That Cowboys O-line made that dude a ton of money.

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 11:20 AM
had a good first year with tennesse, but they too have a powerful OL

was badly outplayed by henry for most of last year but got a lot of "respect" touches and starts

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 01:31 PM
richard sherman officially cut

Clipper Nation
03-09-2018, 01:40 PM
The Contract is taking its toll on the Seahawks. They should have never overpaid for Struggle.

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 02:00 PM
The Contract is taking its toll on the Seahawks. They should have never overpaid for Struggle.
yeah nothing to do with his torn achilles :lmao

they had about 20 mil in cap space prior to cutting sherman :lol

monosylab1k
03-09-2018, 02:57 PM
yeah nothing to do with his torn achilles :lmao

they had about 20 mil in cap space prior to cutting sherman :lol

Well, trading Michael Bennett for pennies on the dollar is partially why.

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 03:00 PM
Well, trading Michael Bennett for pennies on the dollar is partially why.
seattle is still eating a 5.2 mil cap hit from bennett tbh

my understanding is that after a trade the signing bonuses accelerate and get charged for that year too. same reason the raiders ate a lot of money when they traded palmer

monosylab1k
03-09-2018, 03:03 PM
seattle is still eating a 5.2 mil cap hit from bennett tbh

my understanding is that after a trade the signing bonuses accelerate and get charged for that year too. same reason the raiders ate a lot of money when they traded palmer

They take a hit this year but get completely free after that, plus they avoided a roster bonus. Trading Bennett was purely a salary dump. Cutting Sherman is more understandable though, considering his injury and the unlikeliness that he is the same player.

Darth_Pelican
03-09-2018, 04:35 PM
Jarvis Landry to the Browns. Landry & Josh Gordon.... nice, if they get a QB to throw it to them. At least they have a sales pitch to Cousins.

Mike Evans just got the richest WR contract in history.

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 04:41 PM
:lol landry signed the tag before dolphins can rescind it. now they're stuck with him at 15 mil, and nobody is gonna trade for that. wouldn't be shocked if they cut Suh tbh... morons
color me surprised. browns pulled the trigger. not that he's a poor fit, but that's a lot of resources for landry. draft picks + a 15 mil tender.

in theory, having Gordon/Coleman outside with Landry in the slot is pretty tantalizing. Njoku has potential too. they need to get a functional QB to put it together, ie not josh allen. still think it would be incredible if they're able to snag kirk cousins, then draft barkley #1 overall

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 04:58 PM
kudos to miami. would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for letting him walk, now get a high 3rd rounder + an extra pick next year

Robz4000
03-09-2018, 06:05 PM
:lmao Browns traded for Tyron Taylor

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 06:21 PM
color me surprised. browns pulled the trigger. not that he's a poor fit, but that's a lot of resources for landry. draft picks + a 15 mil tender.

in theory, having Gordon/Coleman outside with Landry in the slot is pretty tantalizing. Njoku has potential too. they need to get a functional QB to put it together, ie not josh allen. still think it would be incredible if they're able to snag kirk cousins, then draft barkley #1 overall

:lmao Browns traded for Tyron Taylor
:lmao morons

TheCultOfPersonality
03-09-2018, 07:15 PM
Meanwhile the Packers trade for QB that's even worse than Hundley. And for absolutely no good reason.

benefactor
03-09-2018, 07:25 PM
Never change, Browns

spurraider21
03-09-2018, 07:42 PM
trading kizer for randall - good move for browns

trading mid round picks for jarvis landry - if they get him to sign long term, then its an ok move. if he bolts after playing on the tag, awful move

trading a 3rd for tyrod taylor - awful move

picking up tyrod was completely unnecessary. they're going to draft a QB in the first anyway. if they really needed a bridge, coulda just signed bradford

Trill Clinton
03-09-2018, 09:30 PM
Tyrod finally surrounded by some good wr's. Browns just need to draft saqoun to make the cypher complete.

monosylab1k
03-10-2018, 01:10 AM
:lmao all that draft stockpiling only to blow their wad early and go from 0-16 to 6-10 at best in the next 5 years. Never in my life have I seen a more inept sports franchise. Closest was the 1990-1997 era Mavericks but even they aren’t remotely close to the Browns.

RGMCSE
03-10-2018, 05:16 AM
Aqib Talib to the Rams :wow

Talib + Peters is a nasty combo. also thank you to the Rams for poaching two of the best AFC-W corners

Talib is past his prime...

Clipper Nation
03-10-2018, 09:08 AM
Tyrod finally surrounded by some good wr's. Browns just need to draft saqoun to make the cypher complete.
Hate to break it to you, but Tyrod is another Alex Smith type. You could give him Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson in their primes and he'd still throw safe checkdowns most of the time.

Trill Clinton
03-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Hate to break it to you, but Tyrod is another Alex Smith type. You could give him Jerry Rice, Randy Moss and Calvin Johnson in their primes and he'd still throw safe checkdowns most of the time.

that's what the browns need. alex smith and tyrod at this stage in their careers are good gap qb's who can keep their teams in the game by not turning the ball over. browns front office are killing it right now.

DeadlyDynasty
03-10-2018, 01:56 PM
I'm really excited about the leadership of this team (GM, HC)...the future is bright

Will Hunting
03-10-2018, 04:37 PM
Forget where I read this but too bad Landry didn’t end up with Baltimore....he and Flacco would have been a match made in heaven since they both love short completions on third and long.

Robz4000
03-10-2018, 08:01 PM
:lol fucking Niners signed Richard Sherman

Will Hunting
03-10-2018, 08:12 PM
:lol fucking Niners signed Richard Sherman
That move makes no sense.

spurraider21
03-12-2018, 12:08 PM
"legal tampering" begins at 4ET

Robz4000
03-13-2018, 12:17 AM
Keenum to the Broncos.

AlexJones
03-13-2018, 12:19 AM
HarlemHeat37 HAHAHAHAHAHA

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/875363787867652096/JVsTbdmb_bigger.jpgSportsCenter‏Verified account @SportsCenter (https://twitter.com/SportsCenter)FollowingFollowing
@SportsCenter

More

Breaking: Case Keenum intends to sign with the Denver Broncos, sources tell @AdamSchefter (https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter).

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2018, 12:20 AM
:lol who cares, they were going to finish last in the division, anyways..not going anywhere until Elway steps down..

AlexJones
03-13-2018, 12:23 AM
:lol the AFC is an absolute trainwreck next year with even less contenders to NE (KC taking a step back & Jags keeping Bortles)

RGMCSE
03-13-2018, 04:43 AM
Allen Robinson to the Bears. Bye biatch!

RGMCSE
03-13-2018, 06:40 AM
Wow Jags going all in on that power football Tom Coughlin formula!

DeadlyDynasty
03-13-2018, 08:30 AM
This regime is going all-in. At the very least, they ended the drought and are gambling on getting the first franchise QB in over 20 years. I love it.

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 10:19 AM
Brees deal is done. 2 years, 50 mil.

It looks like Cousins is heading to Vikings for 28 mil per year.

The Gemini Method
03-13-2018, 11:36 AM
Rodgers and Ryan about to get det money!

sickdsm
03-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Brees deal is done. 2 years, 50 mil.

It looks like Cousins is heading to Vikings for 28 mil per year.

Fully guaranteed

benefactor
03-13-2018, 12:15 PM
:lol who cares, they were going to finish last in the division, anyways..not going anywhere until Elway steps down..
2 years, 36 million. Not bad.

I happy for Keenum. My sister was marketing director at the assisted living one of his relatives(grandmother I think) lived at. She talked with Case a few times and said he one of the nicest guys she'd ever met.

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 12:18 PM
Raven paul richardson just signed for 5/40... this is why oakland hung onto crabtree at his deal

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Sam Bradford to the Cards. Amendola to the Dolphins

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Looks like Teddy Bridgewater to Jets

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 02:20 PM
Sam Bradford to the Cards. Amendola to the Dolphins
they resurrected Palmer's career... Bradford's last stand?

and nice landry replacement

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 02:37 PM
Do we still think Denver/NYJ will draft QB's top 10?

also buffalo is a virtual lock to trade up tbh

sickdsm
03-13-2018, 02:42 PM
they resurrected Palmer's career... Bradford's last stand?

and nice landry replacement

Can't remember what game I watched but I remember late in the season thinking their offensive line was trash. Good luck to give behind that if they don't upgrade.

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 03:20 PM
Jimmy Graham to Packers

Clipper Nation
03-13-2018, 03:24 PM
Jimmy Graham to Packers

Can't wait to read the excuses when Rodgers makes him look like Saints Jimmy Graham again.

Clipper Nation
03-13-2018, 03:25 PM
Raven (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35860) paul richardson just signed for 5/40... this is why oakland hung onto crabtree at his deal

How did Richardson get paid that much? I was told Struggle had no receivers to throw to.

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 03:38 PM
Packers cut Jordy Nelson

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 03:40 PM
Packers cut Jordy Nelson
come to reggie

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 03:41 PM
Can't wait to read the excuses when Rodgers makes him look like Saints Jimmy Graham again.
excuses? rodgers is the best qb on the planet and as far as sheer talent, up there with anybody all time

AlexJones
03-13-2018, 04:21 PM
Packers need O-line help a lot more than they need Jimmy Graham

Darth_Pelican
03-13-2018, 05:00 PM
Malcolm Butler to the Titans, 5 years wtf.

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 05:03 PM
so did the seahawks

Raven
03-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Raven (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=35860) paul richardson just signed for 5/40... this is why oakland hung onto crabtree at his deal

two wrongs don't make a right imo.. richardson isn't worth 5/10 imo I'd rather spend that money on the offensive line..

Raven
03-13-2018, 05:34 PM
How did Richardson get paid that much? I was told Struggle had no receivers to throw to.

showed some potential at the right time. that's all it takes in this sport, really..

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 06:04 PM
two wrongs don't make a right imo.. richardson isn't worth 5/10 imo I'd rather spend that money on the offensive line..
i'm just sayin the market dictates what contracts are worth... crabs making 7-8 isn't outrageous. marquise lee is making nearly 10, paul richardson is making 8.

same reason kirk cousins is the highest paid player in the league

spurraider21
03-13-2018, 08:10 PM
ryan grant getting 4/29 lmao

monosylab1k
03-14-2018, 10:35 AM
Lost Solder, Lewis, Butler, and Godmendola.....but he we’re making an offer to AJ McCarron!

Belichick being spiteful as hell and letting it all go to shit to piss of Brady/Kraft :lol

Holden_Caulfield
03-14-2018, 11:39 AM
Lol jags just overpaying scrubs. Especially DJ Hayden and Marqise Lee :lol. Two mediocre replaceable players wtf

benefactor
03-14-2018, 11:58 AM
Lol jags just overpaying scrubs. Especially DJ Hayden and Marqise Lee :lol. Two mediocre replaceable players wtf
Tell me about Aaron Colvin. Seems like a decent corner.

Houston also just picked up Zach Fulton, who should help shore up the guard position

djohn2oo8
03-14-2018, 12:04 PM

Houston also just picked up Zach Fulton, who should help shore up the guard position
From what I have been seeing, Colvin is one of the best slot corners in the league.

Holden_Caulfield
03-14-2018, 12:10 PM

Elite slot cb. One of the best tacklers in the flats. Great against the run. Didn't really get much play outside though. I would have rather kept him with the money we paid marqise Lee tbh

The Gemini Method
03-14-2018, 01:09 PM
Joe Thomas retiring...

RGMCSE
03-14-2018, 02:18 PM

Hayden is a prove it deal. Lee is Bortles favorite target and did produce. I’m not sure I like the contract but it’s not like anyone better was going to take what lee got from the Jags. Plus every thing the Jags do is heavily front loaded. If you don’t produce they cut you and have very little cap restriction after.

spurraider21
03-14-2018, 04:34 PM
TJ Carrie got 4/30 out of cleveland, and Denico Autry got 3/17 from indy. thats a 7th round pick and a UDFA.

McKenzie has done better with his late round fliers than his early draft picks tbh...

spurraider21
03-14-2018, 04:35 PM
So Sean Smith is released/in jail, Amerson was released, and TJ Carrie signed elsewhere. only real CB we have is Conley, our first round pick from last year who only played in 2 games due to injury. i expect our draft will be very CB intensive

spurraider21
03-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Cardinals release Mathieu after paying Bradford 20 mil lol

Pelicans78
03-14-2018, 06:41 PM
Saints sign CB Patrick Robinson from the Chargers on a four year deal and LB DeMario Davis from the Jets on a 3 year deal.

Will Hunting
03-14-2018, 08:52 PM
Cardinals release Mathieu after paying Bradford 20 mil lol
The Bradford contract is retarded but Mathieu is one of the most overrated players in the NFL. He’s a linebacker in the body of an undersized corner who gets burnt several times a game and makes one really good play that people remember.

JoeTait75
03-14-2018, 10:01 PM
Joe Thomas retiring...

Not the best LT of all time- Anthony Munoz and Larry Allen were better, for starters- but JT was one of the most consistent players who have ever played this game. Didn't matter if he was hurt, if the team was bad, if the coaching staff and front office were about to get blown up. Play after play, week after week, year after year, JT was out there playing outstanding football. Next stop: Canton.

The Gemini Method
03-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Not the best LT of all time- Anthony Munoz and Larry Allen were better, for starters- but JT was one of the most consistent players who have ever played this game. Didn't matter if he was hurt, if the team was bad, if the coaching staff and front office were about to get blown up. Play after play, week after week, year after year, JT was out there playing outstanding football. Next stop: Canton. I was reading an article that he had considered retiring before this season. He was in so much pain from being a OT that it weighed on him. Something like it would take him a good 20-30 minutes to get out of bed in the morning. Certainly he wasn't the best LT in history, but he stuck it out for your franchise through some horrid and crappy years and never demanded a trade (or at least publicly). Hats off to Thomas for sure.

The Gemini Method
03-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Saints sign CB Patrick Robinson from the Chargers on a four year deal and LB DeMario Davis from the Jets on a 3 year deal. Wait, wasn't Robinson on the Eagles last season?

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Packers cut Jordy Nelson

come to reggie
looks like its happening. looks like they'll end up dumping crabtree. even if nelson has lost his top end speed, he can move into the slot like fitzgerald did and still be productive. not gonna drop as many passes as crabs. i still think in theory they can keep both and just have jordy man the slot, but the money wouldn't make sense

DeadlyDynasty
03-15-2018, 11:59 AM
We got Macaroons on the cheap, and are still in position to grab our future QB. We're finally playing chess

The Gemini Method
03-15-2018, 01:37 PM
We got Macaroons on the cheap, and are still in position to grab our future QB. We're finally playing chess As a Bills fan, who would you want them to draft at QB?

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 01:41 PM
doug martin? :lol the fuck?

i think this means they're letting go of lynch, who is due something like 5.8 mil this year. theoretically would make sense to have a committee since lynch was incredibly effective last year, but isn't a 300 carry guy anymore, and washington/richard are very redundant.

i hope they're not cutting lynch though

The Gemini Method
03-15-2018, 02:00 PM
doug martin? :lol the fuck?

i think this means they're letting go of lynch, who is due something like 5.8 mil this year. theoretically would make sense to have a committee since lynch was incredibly effective last year, but isn't a 300 carry guy anymore, and washington/richard are very redundant.
i hope they're not cutting lynch though

He was such a tease. I had him as my RB2 and dude started out like he was going to be something worthwhile but then disappeared quick like. Bummer if this spells the end of Lynch's time with the Raiders.

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 02:05 PM
He was such a tease. I had him as my RB2 and dude started out like he was going to be something worthwhile but then disappeared quick like. Bummer if this spells the end of Lynch's time with the Raiders.
michael silver and vic tafur (raiders local guy) reporting that this doesn't mean they're cutting lynch. i would not mind having martin as a guy to spell lynch.

DeadlyDynasty
03-15-2018, 02:14 PM
As a Bills fan, who would you want them to draft at QB?

I still love Darnold tbh. I've always been against big 12 qb's bit Mayfield would be my next choice. My gut tells me we get Allen though. Not crazy about Rosen or the rest

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 02:54 PM
Crabtree has been cut, which probably means Nelson is happening.

he had a very good stint with the raiders tbh... chain mover, touchdown machine. but he's a possession guy coming off a really down year where he had an awful case of the drops, and ended up having something of a fallout out with the team as the season ended. would not have minded having him back.

but nelson is a good replacement, so they're keeping the talent/pay comparable while getting rid of the side issues. nelson is also a chain mover, touchdown machine, and has great hands. i dont think he's going to be the big play guy he was a couple years ago, but he should still have a big role. he can also play the slot very well, which is something the raiders haven't had in some time. our #3 receiver, seth roberts, isn't a shifty guy at all. cooper has the tools to play in the slot, but they like his speed outside and he's not great at making catches in traffic.

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 03:06 PM
yup, so raiders replace Crabtree and his remaining 2/16 with Nelson for 2/15

difference is, Crabtree had nothing guaranteed left, while they've basically guaranteed Nelson's full deal.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2018, 07:00 PM

Graham is maybe the worst blocking starting tight end in the league, he's a poor route runner, and he struggles with speed and drops these days... gone are the days you can just lob one over the mid seam route and expect him to come down with it almost every time

also, Mo Wilkerson stinks these days. Not the same after gaining all that excess weight and getting injured, that's for sure. They'll probably start him on the opposite side of Mike Daniels next to Kenny Clark, but the rest of their defense is still a big problem

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2018, 07:05 PM

difference is, Crabtree had nothing guaranteed left, while they've basically guaranteed Nelson's full deal.

& Jordy is washed up. Surprised he didn't go to the Patriots, though. Was expecting Jordy to the Pats + Cooks being traded for a 2nd, because New England.

Crabtree to SF would be awesome and funny in so so many different ways. Please, football gods, make it happen

UNT Eagles 2016
03-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Pats getting CB McCourty was pretty obvious, though. Now they have their Butler replacement, he's not as good as Butler, but the camaraderie with FS McCourty who's his fraternal twin brother can't be overlooked.

Chinook
03-15-2018, 08:45 PM

Ravens backed out of a deal with Ryan Grant to pursue Crabtree, citing a failed physical. It might be a good move football-wise, but it seems like such a scumbag thing to do for a team that has been abysmal in the PR department for the past few years. It's getting harder and harder to be a Ravens fan lately.

spurraider21
03-15-2018, 08:46 PM
Ravens backed out of a deal with Ryan Grant to pursue Crabtree, citing a failed physical. It might be a good move football-wise, but it seems like such a scumbag thing to do for a team that has been abysmal in the PR department for the past few years. It's getting harder and harder to be a Ravens fan lately.
the raiders did that a few years ago after massively overpaying Roger Saffold. we ended up signing donald penn instead. no complaints here.

crabtree would be a good get for baltimore if he gets over his drops. he can be the security blanket flacco hasn't had since boldin. the drops are weird, because he has great hands. sounds like an oxymoron.... but somehow its true. the guy makes effortless suction cup-like catches at the boundaries and in traffic, and then drops easy ones. seems like its just a mental thing that he can probably get over. i think a change of scenery could help there

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-15-2018, 10:05 PM
Colts have 70+ million in cap space and they have signed Denico Autry..... smh

Holden_Caulfield
03-16-2018, 12:34 AM
oh shit jags got ASJ, we on the up niggas. We still need a #1 WR(Sutton), an ILB (Rashaan Evans) and a backup/developmental QB (Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk)

RGMCSE
03-16-2018, 02:41 AM
oh shit jags got ASJ, we on the up niggas. We still need a #1 WR(Sutton), an ILB (Rashaan Evans) and a backup/developmental QB (Mason Rudolph or Luke Falk)

These Jags are going HAM! Jags can go BAP all through the draft. QB at 29?

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 03:33 PM
viking signed sheldon richardson.

lol, so seattle traded a 2nd round pick to rent a player for a season

RGMCSE
03-16-2018, 03:46 PM
viking signed sheldon richardson.

lol, so seattle traded a 2nd round pick to rent a player for a season

inthink the writing is on the wall. The run is over for now.

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 05:11 PM
Ravens signed Crabtree. Good pickup for them. Flacco needs all the help he can get.

Crabtree got a 3 year deal worth up to 21 mil. 11 guaranteed, and he's getting 15 mil in the first 2 years.

So for all intents and purposes, both Nelson/Crabtree are getting 2/15... but Baltimore has a team option for 6 mil in the third year. Crabs got the more team friendly deal (unless you factor in the comp pick system, but i dont think that will factor in 2 years from now when these guys are old)

Also means the raiders probably could have just traded Crabtree's contract (2/16, no guarantees).

The Gemini Method
03-16-2018, 05:51 PM
& Jordy is washed up. Surprised he didn't go to the Patriots, though. Was expecting Jordy to the Pats + Cooks being traded for a 2nd, because New England.

Crabtree to SF would be awesome and funny in so so many different ways. Please, football gods, make it happen That Crabtree and Sherman dynamic would've been great. Not to mention the Talib v. Crabtree being 2x a year...? But he's in Charm City now.

Chinook
03-16-2018, 07:47 PM
Ravens signed Crabtree. Good pickup for them. Flacco needs all the help he can get.

Crabtree got a 3 year deal worth up to 21 mil. 11 guaranteed, and he's getting 15 mil in the first 2 years.

So for all intents and purposes, both Nelson/Crabtree are getting 2/15... but Baltimore has a team option for 6 mil in the third year. Crabs got the more team friendly deal (unless you factor in the comp pick system, but i dont think that will factor in 2 years from now when these guys are old)

Also means the raiders probably could have just traded Crabtree's contract (2/16, no guarantees).

Depending on how they framed his deal, his cap hits could be really low his first two years, like $3.333M and $7.333M. Hopefully they do something more even like:

2018 -- $4M sal (gtd) + $2.333M bonus = $6.333M cap hit + $2.5M in incentives

2019 -- $4M sal + $2.333M bonus = $6.333M cap hit (or $8.833M if the incentives from the previous year hit)+ $2.5M in incentives

2020 -- $6M sal + $2.333M bonus = $8.333M cap hit (or that much plus whatever incentives he has that were previously obtained or otherwise considered LTBE).

That would let them get out of it after a year if they had to or keep him for the life of his deal without incurring any particular harm. He'd be expensive with those incentives, but hopefully they're written in such a way that if he hits those, he's worth it. In either event, that's probably a superior outcome than giving up a pick to trade for his deal.

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Depending on how they framed his deal, his cap hits could be really low his first two years, like $3.333M and $7.333M. Hopefully they do something more even like:

2018 -- $4M sal (gtd) + $2.333M bonus = $6.333M cap hit + $2.5M in incentives

2019 -- $4M sal + $2.333M bonus = $6.333M cap hit (or $8.833M if the incentives from the previous year hit)+ $2.5M in incentives

2020 -- $6M sal + $2.333M bonus = $8.333M cap hit (or that much plus whatever incentives he has that were previously obtained or otherwise considered LTBE).

That would let them get out of it after a year if they had to or keep him for the life of his deal without incurring any particular harm. He'd be expensive with those incentives, but hopefully they're written in such a way that if he hits those, he's worth it. In either event, that's probably a superior outcome than giving up a pick to trade for his deal.
could be, but i think a signing bonus would have been specifically reported, rather than just saying "11 mil guaranteed"

could be that details aren't known yet, but usually those are a pretty big deal

and if they let him go after a year in that scenario, they'd still be eating 4.6 mil in dead money to do so, or 2.3 if he's a post june 1 cut (but then would count 2.3 the following season too)

Chinook
03-16-2018, 07:59 PM
could be, but i think a signing bonus would have been specifically reported, rather than just saying "11 mil guaranteed"

could be that details aren't known yet, but usually those are a pretty big deal

It was specifically reported as $7 Million. I wouldn't have just pulled that number out of the sky.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22797894/baltimore-ravens-reach-deal-wr-michael-crabtree

Terms weren't disclosed, but Crabtree received a three-year, $21 million deal, including $15 million in the first two years and $11 million guaranteed ($7 million signing bonus), a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The deal could be worth up to $20 million in the first two years.

So essentially, it's about finding out how what was reported could fit into a structure. I'm assuming the Ravens handing out all of their guaranteed money this year, which is typical for deals this small. But if they want to backload it as much as possible, they could give him an option bonus next season worth $4 Million, guaranteed base salaries of $1 and $3 Million and then that $7-Million signing bonus. That would give the aforementioned cap hit while making the final year a relative monster in terms of cap hit, more than the other two years combined. They've messed around with structures like that before, but not for three-year deals and such a low APY.

Chinook
03-16-2018, 08:10 PM
and if they let him go after a year in that scenario, they'd still be eating 4.6 mil in dead money to do so, or 2.3 if he's a post june 1 cut (but then would count 2.3 the following season too)

I think you added this part after I initially quoted you, or I just missed it. I don't like thinking of contracts like that. The Ravens wouldn't be eating $4.6 Million in dead money. Half of that is dead regardless of what they do. Cutting him only incurs $2.3 Million in penalties. You're right that they wouldn't save much at all $1.666 Million minus the cost of a replacement. But saying the way you're phrasing it suggests the Ravens would owe money if they cut him after this season. They would not. In general, I hate the tendency to use cap hits in place of base salary. Most of the time, a huge chunk of the hit cannot be changed and should be disregarded from the calculus on whether to get rid of a player or not.

monosylab1k
03-16-2018, 08:52 PM
as soon as Crabtree hits the market, the Ravens void Ryan Grant’s contract due to a “failed physical”.

Imagine the national outrage if the Patriots did that :lmao

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 09:39 PM
ah, i didnt see the report of the signing bonus . my bad Chinook

spurraider21
03-16-2018, 09:41 PM
I think you added this part after I initially quoted you, or I just missed it. I don't like thinking of contracts like that. The Ravens wouldn't be eating $4.6 Million in dead money. Half of that is dead regardless of what they do. Cutting him only incurs $2.3 Million in penalties. You're right that they wouldn't save much at all $1.666 Million minus the cost of a replacement. But saying the way you're phrasing it suggests the Ravens would owe money if they cut him after this season. They would not. In general, I hate the tendency to use cap hits in place of base salary. Most of the time, a huge chunk of the hit cannot be changed and should be disregarded from the calculus on whether to get rid of a player or not.
i always think of it in terms of cap hit rather than actual transfer of money

benefactor
03-16-2018, 10:40 PM
Honey badger to Houston for 1 year/7 million on a prove-it deal. Well done. If he can stay healthy and get back to form it could pay off nicely for both sides

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2018, 01:47 AM
as soon as Crabtree hits the market, the Ravens void Ryan Grant’s contract due to a “failed physical”.

Imagine the national outrage if the Patriots did that :lmao

nah. Several examples just this week. Look at Bashaud Breeland, and the Panthers don't have a replacement since they traded away Worley. They're now going to have to draft and start a rookie CB2 which isn't good at all. They're pretty much forced to take a CB in the first round, now. Not good at all for Carolina.

I guess that's what they get for WAYYYYYY overdrafting a 3rd round caliber receiving scatback at #8 overall instead of the great Marshon Lattimore.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2018, 01:50 AM
Honey badger to Houston for 1 year/7 million on a prove-it deal. Well done. If he can stay healthy and get back to form it could pay off nicely for both sides

One year deals are generally horrid for teams though. The guy plays well and just bolts because "they can't afford him back" and it becomes a waste all around. Alshon Jeffery on the Eagles is the rare exception.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-17-2018, 11:17 AM
Just raped the Jets. Colts trade #3 pick for #6, #37, #49 and next years 2nd.

sickdsm
03-17-2018, 11:34 AM
That was my thought too. Story I read said it was a good trade for Jets since they didn't give up future forward round but man that was a huge set of chips to only drop three spots in the draft.

sickdsm
03-17-2018, 11:35 AM
How is Andrew luck though? Is he going to be healthy?

spurraider21
03-17-2018, 12:19 PM
dont get why the jets would sign mccown, AND bridgewater AND draft a qb. seems like one too many

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-17-2018, 12:52 PM
How is Andrew luck though? Is he going to be healthy?

Everything im hearing is that he will be full go in training camp. Hard to believe they trade #3 if they had major concerns about Lucks health. Or maybe they are a lot more confident in Jacoby than I am.

Raven
03-17-2018, 01:40 PM
Everything im hearing is that he will be full go in training camp. Hard to believe they trade #3 if they had major concerns about Lucks health. Or maybe they are a lot more confident in Jacoby than I am.

I think every team in the nfl is perfectly fine with leaving and dying along with the health of its franchise qb.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2018, 05:48 PM

Or maybe they're just not looking to win now? Which is fine, because the division is already full for now.

SanAntonioSpurs23
03-17-2018, 06:42 PM
Or maybe they're just not looking to win now? Which is fine, because the division is already full for now.

Good point, on paper the Jags, Texans, and Titans got better. Colts are in a full rebuild and will need to nail the next couple of drafts to get back into contention. Picking up 3 2nds for moving back 3 spots is a great start.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-17-2018, 09:35 PM
Good point, on paper the Jags, Texans, and Titans got better. Colts are in a full rebuild and will need to nail the next couple of drafts to get back into contention. Picking up 3 2nds for moving back 3 spots is a great start.

Yes. Not sure on the Titans, but the other two teams should be playoff contenders for sure barring another significant injury. Compile draft capital, get out from under the Luck contract, and rebuild. By the time the Colts get enough experience to get good again, the Jags defense will be too old to contend, the Titans will be back in their usual mediocrity, and while the Texans will have Watson, at least JJ Watt will be old and possibly gone.

sickdsm
03-18-2018, 09:44 AM
I think every team in the nfl is perfectly fine with leaving and dying along with the health of its franchise qb.

Just wondering since the stories coming out last year were borderline"he may never throw another pass in his life"

RGMCSE
03-18-2018, 02:23 PM

If hes healthy thats a great signing. The only thing is, Aaron Colvin moving outside is a question mark. Jag fans seem to think hes a huge liability playing corner.

benefactor
03-18-2018, 03:35 PM
If hes healthy thats a great signing. The only thing is, Aaron Colvin moving outside is a question mark. Jag fans seem to think hes a huge liability playing corner.
I've heard the same...that he get's burned in man coverage. Hopefully they can shuffle people around and get it figured out. It will depend on if Kevin Johnson actually begins to play up to his potential. Pretty sure the idea was for him to move outside and Jackson to move to his more natural position at safety.

Will Hunting
03-19-2018, 06:51 AM
One of the most lopsided trades I’ve seen in awhile. If Luck gets healthy and their new GM knows what he’s doing the Colts might actually contend in 1-2 years.

spurraider21
03-20-2018, 04:21 PM
not understanding Suh visiting oakland. they've said he's just going to the highest bidder and we dont really have much cap space at this point. they'd have to cut a few guys just to make room... bruce irvin and jared cook combine for 13 mil

mack is still due for his extension. i just cant see it working out financially

Chinook
03-21-2018, 12:26 AM
not understanding Suh visiting oakland. they've said he's just going to the highest bidder and we dont really have much cap space at this point. they'd have to cut a few guys just to make room... bruce irvin and jared cook combine for 13 mil

mack is still due for his extension. i just cant see it working out financially

Wouldn't mind Baltimore picking up another former Raiders pass-catcher given their lack of TE depth.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-21-2018, 10:32 PM
One of the most lopsided trades I’ve seen in awhile. If Luck gets healthy and their new GM knows what he’s doing the Colts might actually contend in 1-2 years.

Only when the Jaguars fall off the cliff

Their best run stopper, Posluznky (sp?) just retired, and Calais Campbell is on that fast track as well, so it's possible last year was a one or two year wonder

spurraider21
03-22-2018, 11:19 AM
campbell is coming off his best NFL season tbh :lol... and that defense is loaded with talent. paul posluszny isn't going to sink the ship

UNT Eagles 2016
03-22-2018, 02:36 PM
campbell is coming off his best NFL season tbh :lol... and that defense is loaded with talent. paul posluszny isn't going to sink the ship
Yes, it was his best season, but how many players peak at age 31. Also, most of Campbell's production came early in the season, so you never know how his age 32 season will transpire. Then again, guys like Ramsey and Jack will only get better... still pissed off the Cowboys took Elliott and Jaylon Smith over those two in the 2016 draft, but whatever. Awuzie is good but he'll never be Jalen Ramsey.

Raven
03-22-2018, 04:15 PM
Raiders signed MVGiacomini

spurraider21
03-22-2018, 04:25 PM
fuck me tbh :lol

UNT Eagles 2016
03-22-2018, 05:21 PM
Next to last ranked starting OT in the league as per PFF.

He was atrocious in pass protection in Seattle, iirc.

chunticakes
03-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Dallas to sign Hurns on a two year deal. Holden_Caulfield is he any good?

DeadlyDynasty
03-23-2018, 12:56 PM
The Hurns and Deonte Thompson signings are low-key good. Both are burners unlike slow-ass Dez Bryant, and neither of them are as dumb as Terrence Williams

Holden_Caulfield
03-23-2018, 01:03 PM
Dallas to sign Hurns on a two year deal. Holden_Caulfield (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=23326) is he any good?
hes a good #2, only issue is he hasnt been fully healthy the past couple seasons.

SpursforSix
03-23-2018, 01:11 PM
hes a good #2, only issue is he hasnt been fully healthy the past couple seasons.

If he stays healthy, he should be good for 1000+ yards with the Cowboys.

spurraider21
03-23-2018, 01:34 PM
Hurns is nice tbh... cowboys should let brice butler come back to oakland

SpursforSix
03-23-2018, 02:51 PM

You can have Dez.

spurraider21
03-23-2018, 03:00 PM
You can have Dez.
too expensive

SpursforSix
03-23-2018, 03:21 PM
too expensive

No. He just needs a new environment. He'll be awesome.

leemajors
03-23-2018, 05:51 PM

he's a free agent I believe. hopefully both of these signings means we aren't taking a first round wr.

chunticakes
03-23-2018, 06:59 PM
No. He just needs a new environment. He'll be awesome.

He needs a QB that can throw him that ball, tbh..

leemajors
03-24-2018, 03:12 PM
He needs a QB that can throw him that ball, tbh..

There is no reason they shouldn't have been moving him around. Easy mismatch in the slot, but carrot/linehan, etc.

leemajors
03-24-2018, 03:13 PM
Boys expected to sign Fleming. maybe put Collins back at guard.

sickdsm
03-24-2018, 04:52 PM
Michael Bennett indicted door a felony. Will he be eligible to play this season?

RGMCSE
03-24-2018, 09:27 PM
The Hurns and Deonte Thompson signings are low-key good. Both are burners unlike slow-ass Dez Bryant, and neither of them are as dumb as Terrence Williams

This is dead ass wrong tbh. Hurns is slow as fuck. However hes the toughest son of a bitch to play WR in a while. This dude sells out at 100%. He played half his rookie year with a sports hernia. Last year he crawled off the field after making a crucial catch against the chargers to preserve the time out. This was after he severely sprained his ankle on that play.

What Hurns brings is a positive attitude, toughness and his best attribute is his above average route running. His smooth route running is what makes him look fast because he can fake out the DB and if the ball is thrown accurately Hurns then Burns. I think this is a good signing for them if hes healthy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/23437/allen-hurns-crawl-vital-part-of-jaguars-victory-over-chargers

Robz4000
03-25-2018, 05:28 AM
This is dead ass wrong tbh. Hurns is slow as fuck. However hes the toughest son of a bitch to play WR in a while. This dude sells out at 100%. He played half his rookie year with a sports hernia. Last year he crawled off the field after making a crucial catch against the chargers to preserve the time out. This was after he severely sprained his ankle on that play.

What Hurns brings is a positive attitude, toughness and his best attribute is his above average route running. His smooth route running is what makes him look fast because he can fake out the DB and if the ball is thrown accurately Hurns then Burns. I think this is a good signing for them if hes healthy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/23437/allen-hurns-crawl-vital-part-of-jaguars-victory-over-chargers

Too bad the Cowboys don't have anyone who can

RGMCSE
03-25-2018, 06:21 AM
Yeah that’s the challenge in if it self right. Bortles couldn’t take advantage because he was just trying to get the ball out. Hurns still found ways to make plays but his injuries have been a problem.

Robz4000
03-26-2018, 02:42 PM
:lol Cleveland about to trade the farm for OBJ.

chunticakes
03-26-2018, 04:48 PM

Dak showed his rookie year he can throw the ball to a wide open man successfully. I like this signing. I hope they draft a WR early too. If Dez get this notion that he might be replaced it may light a fire under his ass.

DeadlyDynasty
03-26-2018, 04:56 PM
he's a free agent I believe. hopefully both of these signings means we aren't taking a first round wr.
Would you be upset with Ridley, though (assuming he falls)?

leemajors
03-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Would you be upset with Ridley, though (assuming he falls)?

If he's BPA, I trust McClay enough but I think I would prefer DJ Moore

spurraider21
03-26-2018, 05:46 PM
Suh signed with the Rams for 1 year 14 mil

wow

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2018, 07:41 PM
Hurns isn't really a burner. There's a reason he went undrafted. Hurns does have the skills, though and he's fast enough.

Thompson is the real burner, sort of like a poor man's Desean Jackson type of deep threat.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2018, 07:45 PM
Michael Bennett indicted door a felony. Will he be eligible to play this season?

Eagles will likely be allowed to cut him for free if true.

If so, then all of a sudden pass rusher becomes a real need again. Yes they have Graham, Barnett and Long (probably retiring after this year), but do they draft someone in the first few rounds as insurance? If not, guys like Steven Means and Alex McCalister are elated over this news, someone is going to be the new 4th DE.

Maybe they go hard after DeMarcus Lawrence in free agency next year if he's available. Graham will be 31 after next year, I believe.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2018, 07:48 PM
Suh signed with the Rams for 1 year 14 mil

wow
Suh AND Aaron Donald, holy balls, that just toppled the Eagles for best DT corps in the league... too bad it's only for a year.

They also have the best corner duo... for now. With the Seahawks falling off, the Rams will be special in 2018.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2018, 07:50 PM

Agreed, Hurns isn't a speedster and that's why he wasn't drafted. I don't think he's slow as fuck but he's about the same as present day Dez. Better route runner, though. Hurns is also good in the red zone, had 3 TD catches in the last London game I believe

UNT Eagles 2016
03-26-2018, 07:51 PM
Question for Clipper Nation ...

So, roughly 10 or so years ago, what did you think of Mike Vick as a quarterback? The same as "Struggle" or "Scam", I am assuming?

Clipper Nation
03-27-2018, 03:09 PM
Question for Clipper Nation (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=28500) ...

So, roughly 10 or so years ago, what did you think of Mike Vick as a quarterback? The same as "Struggle" or "Scam", I am assuming?
Vick was way more fun to watch than those guys in his prime, but his limitations as a pocket passer meant he wasn't going to win anything of note. He didn't really start to develop in that regard until his time with the Eagles, and at that point, it was too late.

Pelicans78
03-27-2018, 05:55 PM
Vick was way more fun to watch than those guys in his prime, but his limitations as a pocket passer meant he wasn't going to win anything of note. He didn't really start to develop in that regard until his time with the Eagles, and at that point, it was too late.

I think firing Dan Reeves was a mistake by the Falcons. He took his time with developing Vick while Jim L Mora tried to make him into this West Coast passer.

Pelicans78
03-27-2018, 05:55 PM

But I agree. Vick way more exciting and that's me as a Saints fan hating the Falcons.

Fabbs
03-28-2018, 05:34 PM
Jared Veldheer now with the Broncos.
How was he with Arizona?

spurraider21
03-28-2018, 05:36 PM
he was awesome with oakland, but i've read he fell off a cliff with AZ

Avante
03-29-2018, 01:37 AM
I gave up trying to keep up with all the moves, never saw anything like this.

Noway I'm bringing in Beckham. While all of us are..me...we do try to hide it a bit, not this guy and it sucks. He's too ME, its all about ME.

Donald beside Suh , how scarey is that? The Rams.......whoa~~~

My Niners will win 8/9 games in 2018, in 2019......a serious shot at another SB.

Robz4000
03-29-2018, 02:49 AM
I gave up trying to keep up with all the moves, never saw anything like this.

Noway I'm bringing in Beckham. While all of us are..me...we do try to hide it a bit, not this guy and it sucks. He's too ME, its all about ME.

Donald beside Suh , how scarey is that? The Rams.......whoa~~~

My Niners will win 8/9 games in 2018, in 2019......a serious shot at another SB.

Niners win at least 10 imo.

Avante
03-29-2018, 10:25 AM

Really doesn't matter, the point is they are coming on and are on their way to being a legit NFC threat...soon.

The NFL is just better with the Niners and Raiders seriously in the mix. Historically great franchises.

spurraider21
03-30-2018, 03:32 PM
Raiders released Marquette King.

what the fuck? awful move. he'll have no problem finding work. elite punter.

damn it chucky

Raven
03-30-2018, 03:56 PM
raiduhs :lmao

Raven
03-30-2018, 03:59 PM

for a team that was as talented as the browns before they got garoppolo, this seems a huge stretch, despite the good offseason moves.

Robz4000
03-30-2018, 04:16 PM
for a team that was as talented as the browns before they got garoppolo, this seems a huge stretch, despite the good offseason moves.

Much better coaches and GM, and they aren't a Cleveland team (huge obstacle in itself). Also, both the Browns and Niners have some interesting prospects/players but the Niners have the QB to put it all together now.

Raven
03-30-2018, 04:25 PM
Much better coaches and GM, and they aren't a Cleveland team (huge obstacle in itself). Also, both the Browns and Niners have some interesting prospects/players but the Niners have the QB to put it all together now.

I'm not aware of any good prospects on the niners tbh.. Any names so I can look it up?

Pelicans78
03-30-2018, 04:37 PM

damn it chucky

Sorry :depressed

Robz4000
03-30-2018, 04:47 PM
I'm not aware of any good prospects on the niners tbh.. Any names so I can look it up?

Reuben Foster (if he stops being a retard off the field), Marquise Goodwin, Adrian Colbert, DeForest Buckner to name a few. Also a big fan of Garrett Celek, albeit he definitely no longer qualifies as a prospect, has looked great with a competent QB to play with.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-31-2018, 12:38 AM
Reuben Foster (if he stops being a retard off the field), Marquise Goodwin, Adrian Colbert, DeForest Buckner to name a few. Also a big fan of Garrett Celek, albeit he definitely no longer qualifies as a prospect, has looked great with a competent QB to play with.

Always thought Celek is far superior to Kittles or whatever his name is.

And you forgot SS Jacquiski Tartt

DeadlyDynasty
03-31-2018, 07:27 AM

Happy to see Goodwin, Watkins, and Woods shine w/o Tyrod stunting their growth

RGMCSE
03-31-2018, 08:55 AM

damn it chucky

Was he really that good of a punter, or just an elite athlete?

UNT Eagles 2016
03-31-2018, 10:47 AM
Was he really that good of a punter, or just an elite athlete?

He can kick the hell out of that ball. Strongest leg in the league. Accuracy maybe a bit of an issue. But he's also a huge fake punt threat because of said athleticism. Surprise cut for sure.

Robz4000
04-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Pats didn't keep Cooks long. Traded him and a 4th round pick to the Rams for the 23rd pick.

The Gemini Method
04-03-2018, 05:28 PM
Pats didn't keep Cooks long. Traded him and a 4th round pick to the Rams for the 23rd pick. Giants wanted Kupp and the 1st round pick for Odell supposedly. I think this move is alright instead of taking on Beckham and the pending mammoth payout he covets.

Raven
04-03-2018, 05:46 PM
Pats traded Cooks and a 4th to the Rams for a first rounder and a 6th.. I'd say that while i really liked the player, there's no way we could justify extending him at the 14+ per year it would take. Much better to draft defenders.

monosylab1k
04-03-2018, 07:33 PM
Cooks was total dogshit last season. If Edelman hadn’t gotten hurt, Cooks would have had a 40 catch, 700 yd season at best. Getting a 1st rounder for Cooks is incredible tbh.

Now with two 1st round picks they can go get OBJ :smokin

Pelicans78
04-03-2018, 07:44 PM
Cooks was total dogshit last season. If Edelman hadn’t gotten hurt, Cooks would have had a 40 catch, 700 yd season at best. Getting a 1st rounder for Cooks is incredible tbh.

Now with two 1st round picks they can go get OBJ :smokin

Getting a first round pick when he's in the last year of his contract is really incredible.

spurraider21
04-03-2018, 07:47 PM
yeah, so they were able to rent rookie scale brandin cooks for the cost of swapping a 4th for a 6th

Avante
04-03-2018, 10:29 PM
Why is Cooks who has had over 3000 yards the last three season getting treated like he is? The guy can scoot and has put up the numbers.

Don't get it.

spurraider21
04-04-2018, 12:52 AM
crazy that he's still 24. feels like he's been in the league for a while

monosylab1k
04-04-2018, 03:17 AM
Why is Cooks who has had over 3000 yards the last three season getting treated like he is? The guy can scoot and has put up the numbers.

Don't get it.

Having Brees/Brady his entire career boosted his stats. He’s a solid second option, but he wants WR1 money, and he’s clearly not good enough for that kind of investment.

Avante
04-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Having Brees/Brady his entire career boosted his stats. He’s a solid second option, but he wants WR1 money, and he’s clearly not good enough for that kind of investment.

I don't put anything into what QB a receiver has, hell, Oregon State wanted him, the Saints wanted him and who were his QB's in HS and OSU? Any receiver who makes it to the NFL level can play.

I do agree he is not a number one receiver however, he is your back off the safeties cat, the speed. So if it was $$$$$$ I get why he's shopped around.

Robz4000
04-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Dez Bryant being released today.

leemajors
04-13-2018, 11:38 AM
lot of dead money but hopefully it's post june 1.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 12:59 PM
Dez Bryant being released today.

Hearing 49ers or Redskins, possibly Jaguars.

The PHI/NE/LAR rumors are just noise. No way any of those could or would want to afford him.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 01:01 PM
lot of dead money but hopefully it's post june 1.
Nope. He was cut standard, so all of the dead money will be 2018. Probably for the best because now they can keep everyone else long term (Lawrence, Martin, Irving etc) and maybe acquire someone else.

Trill Clinton
04-13-2018, 01:37 PM
I'm sick

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 02:31 PM
I'm sick

Why? He was arguably the game's best receiver (or at least in that discussion, maybe second behind Megatron) from 2012-2014, then just fell off a cliff after breaking his foot in the first game of 2015 and has never been the same. It's not about what you've done in the past, it's about what you've done lately and what can you do in the near future.

He's been the most overpaid WR in the league up until today and it was the right move.

rjv
04-13-2018, 02:35 PM
Why? He was arguably the game's best receiver (or at least in that discussion, maybe second behind Megatron) from 2012-2014, then just fell off a cliff after breaking his foot in the first game of 2015 and has never been the same. It's not about what you've done in the past, it's about what you've done lately and what can you do in the near future.

He's been the most overpaid WR in the league up until today and it was the right move. well said.

Ditty
04-13-2018, 02:53 PM
He's coming to DC :hat

Dez, Doctson, Richardson, Crowder and Reed. Alex Smith is going to have too many weapons. :claw

chunticakes
04-13-2018, 02:53 PM
I'm sick

Same bro. I'm sad.

It's a bullshit move that lets Garrett and Linehan have a scapegoat. Next year it will be Dak.

I hate this front office. Now we're forced to take a WR in the first two rounds and further neglect the defense.

I just wish as Dez was walking out Jerry would have yelled "next!" and Jason Witten would have entered the room.

chunticakes
04-13-2018, 02:59 PM
Nope. He was cut standard, so all of the dead money will be 2018. Probably for the best because now they can keep everyone else long term (Lawrence, Martin, Irving etc) and maybe acquire someone else.

Please explain how they are better off without Dez? Hurns, Williams, Beasley, and Witten. If moving to the check down offense like last year is the plan, then this is the group of guys you want. And please don't say Calvin Ridley either. No rookie receiver in this draft class will benefit this team. This is one of the stupidest moves they have made outside of cutting Romo.

The WR position is a total weakness that has only gotten worse now. Rather than commit resources to finally fixing the defense, they are now going to have to fill a hole at WR for a QB that likely won't be able to maximize his ability. Not to mention that any rookie WR isn't going to be a #1 option. Just a bad move. After this year? Wouldn't have a problem with it. This year? The move makes no sense.

Trill Clinton
04-13-2018, 03:02 PM
Same bro. I'm sad.

It's a bullshit move that lets Garrett and Linehan have a scapegoat. Next year it will be Dak.

I hate this front office. Now we're forced to take a WR in the first two rounds and further neglect the defense.

I just wish as Dez was walking out Jerry would have yelled "next!" and Jason Witten would have entered the room.
Yup, take t-rex Williams too. I hope Dez balls out wherever he goes. Fuck Jerry and Jason.

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 03:27 PM
Please explain how they are better off without Dez? Hurns, Williams, Beasley, and Witten. If moving to the check down offense like last year is the plan, then this is the group of guys you want. And please don't say Calvin Ridley either. No rookie receiver in this draft class will benefit this team. This is one of the stupidest moves they have made outside of cutting Romo.

The WR position is a total weakness that has only gotten worse now. Rather than commit resources to finally fixing the defense, they are now going to have to fill a hole at WR for a QB that likely won't be able to maximize his ability. Not to mention that any rookie WR isn't going to be a #1 option. Just a bad move. After this year? Wouldn't have a problem with it. This year? The move makes no sense.
Check down offense is the right option when Prescott is your QB. He excels at the short and intermediate throws. And the Cowboys have arguably the best running game in the league when everyone is healthy and not suspended. No, I would NOT draft Ridley, waste of resources. I think Ridley profiles best as a slot receiver anyways.

Draft the best safety, LB or DT available.....

Fitzpatrick
Smith
James
Vea
Payne

In that order, draft the highest available that is left over at 19

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 03:29 PM
Same bro. I'm sad.

Witten will be the starting tight end until he's 49 and runs an 8-second 40 yard dash

leemajors
04-13-2018, 05:07 PM

If they use the money right to extend some people, I am fine with it. i don't want this Martin extension to take forever.

SpursforSix
04-13-2018, 05:44 PM
:pop: should have offered him 3 more years at $15M per.

leemajors
04-13-2018, 05:55 PM
https://deadspin.com/mark-sanchez-suspended-four-largely-hypothetical-games-1825254616

UNT Eagles 2016
04-13-2018, 07:01 PM
If they use the money right to extend some people, I am fine with it. i don't want this Martin extension to take forever.

D Lawrence
Z Martin
D Irving

Lock these three up long term NOW before the price goes up even further.

I'm okay with this Bryant move if I'm a Dallas fan. You build your roster from the inside out, the trenches outward, not the other way around. Diva WRs are cancer. You dominate the trenches on both sides of the ball, build a young secondary and if an elite, non-diva WR like Alshon Jeffery (getting Ajayi for cheap didn't hurt either) falls into your lap, boom, you win a Super Bowl.

You know why the Cowboys haven't won a Super Bowl in 20+ years and didn't even reach the NFCCG in the Romo era? Because the Joneses always had to stack the roster with glam receivers, other has-been skill players and the hottest used-up big name corner on the market. The lack of a decent O-line in the 2000s and early 2010s shortened Romo's career, and the lack of a solid D-line meant always giving up big plays when they needed a stop in the worst way.

DeadlyDynasty
04-14-2018, 05:47 AM
You can't be a distraction when your skill-set is rapidly declining...simple as that

Floyd Pacquiao
04-14-2018, 12:02 PM
The myth that Dez Bryant can't run routes/Can't get open has been debunked. His production has fell of course, but it erringly coincides with the Departure of Tony Romo

GRp2FNw371Q
25mQ4eCtw0U

leemajors
04-16-2018, 11:03 AM
David Irving is expected to sign his restricted free agent tender today after the first workouts of the Cowboys' offseason program. Irving, who had seven sacks in eight games last season, will make $2.91 million.

Robz4000
04-27-2018, 11:49 AM
Jason Witten retired to join MNF. He saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship.

Avante
04-28-2018, 10:35 PM
Cowboys who ended up in the booth/TV job.

Don Meredith
Don Perkins
Troy Aikman
Michael Trvin
Deion Sanders
Tony Romo
Jason Witten?

Emmitt flopped.

Who did I miss?

jehawk81
04-28-2018, 10:56 PM
Cowboys who ended up in the booth/TV job.

Don Meredith
Don Perkins
Troy Aikman
Michael Trvin
Deion Sanders
Tony Romo
Jason Witten?

Emmitt flopped.

Who did I miss?

Moose Johnston
Darren Woodson?
Jimmy Johnson?

Darth_Pelican
05-08-2018, 04:44 PM
Ingram suspended first 4 games of season for PEDs. Great start to the season! Well that explains his improvement last year.

Pelicans78
05-08-2018, 05:57 PM
Ingram suspended first 4 games of season for PEDs. Great start to the season! Well that explains his improvement last year.

More touches for Kamara!!