PDA

View Full Version : Bballbreakdown: Meet The 31st BEST Team In The WORLD

phxspurfan
02-08-2018, 06:47 PM
They cover CSKA Moscow and how Sergio Rodriguez and Nando "De Cola" are like Nash over there. sucks, as Nando failed here but all of a sudden can shoot in Euroleague (maybe bc Euro SGs are not as tall/athletic as NBA SGs). But he's 6'3" and would have been a massive upgrade over Mills in terms of running pro style offense.

n8LfWIRQCmc

SpurPadre
02-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Fuck De Culo tbh. He was deemed the Next Manu when he was drafted too.

DAF86
02-08-2018, 06:51 PM
lol 31st best team in the World.

Implying crap teams like the Suns are better than the best Euro teams.

r0drig0lac
02-08-2018, 06:52 PM
lol 31st best team in the World.

Implying crap teams like the Suns are better than the best Euro teams.

this they are better than likely 10-15 teams from the current nba

phxspurfan
02-08-2018, 07:45 PM
He actually says at the very end that CSKA could possibly beat 3-4 teams in the NBA as constructed. Too bad the NBA will never go global. Imagine the road trips and B2Bs lol

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 08:05 PM
LOL the suns would run a train on these squads. sergio rodriguez and nando de colo are their best players :lmao

UZER
02-08-2018, 08:24 PM
Fuck De Culo tbh. He was deemed the Next Manu when he was drafted too.

You can't just be good on the Spurs. You have to prove yourself by running through Pops mental gymnastics gauntlet: you play you don't play, you play 2 minutes and turn the ball over then you sit for 4 weeks, you play good for 3 games then sit the bench for the next two weeks, you have a great first half, then don't see a minute in the second, I pull you when I want because I just want to fuck with your head and show you I'm the boss.

Some good players just can't handle that shit.

DAF86
02-08-2018, 08:51 PM
LOL the suns would run a train on these squads. sergio rodriguez and nando de colo are their best players :lmao

Dude, you don't know how ignorant you are coming off right now. Do you even watch euroball from time to time?

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 08:53 PM
You can't just be good on the Spurs. You have to prove yourself by running through Pops mental gymnastics gauntlet: you play you don't play, you play 2 minutes and turn the ball over then you sit for 4 weeks, you play good for 3 games then sit the bench for the next two weeks, you have a great first half, then don't see a minute in the second, I pull you when I want because I just want to fuck with your head and show you I'm the boss.

how did he do in toronto :lol

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 08:54 PM
Dude, you don't know how ignorant you are coming off right now. Do you even watch euroball from time to time?
nba > euro > gleague

there are some talented players in europe, no doubt. but a guy like tiago splitter, a good nba player, was the euroleague MVP. the talent dropoff is pretty monstrous. boban was a force in euroleague but cant get on an nba court

DAF86
02-08-2018, 08:54 PM
nba > euro > gleague

Yeah, so?

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 08:56 PM
Yeah, so?
so, that's not a fuckin venn diagram

DAF86
02-08-2018, 08:59 PM
so, that's not a fuckin venn diagram

The NBA as a whole being better than Euroball doesn't mean that even the shittiest NBA team is better than the best Euro team. That's almost as ignorant as thinking that even the biggest scrub on the NBA is still a better player than the best player in Europe.

spurraider21
02-08-2018, 09:05 PM
The NBA as a whole being better than Euroball doesn't mean that even the shittiest NBA team is better than the best Euro team. That's almost as ignorant as thinking that even the biggest scrub on the NBA is still a better player than the best player in Europe.
player, no.

rosters, yes.

but if your best players are sergio rodriguez and nando de colo, then :lol

DAF86
02-08-2018, 09:47 PM
player, no.

rosters, yes.

but if your best players are sergio rodriguez and nando de colo, then :lol

Both better than any guard the Spurs have right now. Also, it is arguable that CSK is the best euro team right now. In terms of names they certainly aren't.

And most important of all: it's not only about the players you have. It's also about the system, the chemistry, the execution, the confidence, etc.

Several Euro teams are better than the worst NBA teams, regardless of names.

tholdren
02-08-2018, 10:43 PM

You dumb

DMC
02-08-2018, 11:26 PM
They cover CSKA Moscow and how Sergio Rodriguez and Nando "De Cola" are like Nash over there. sucks, as Nando failed here but all of a sudden can shoot in Euroleague (maybe bc Euro SGs are not as tall/athletic as NBA SGs). But he's 6'3" and would have been a massive upgrade over Mills in terms of running pro style offense.

n8LfWIRQCmc

Sure, Bonner and Fathead could destroy the YMCA league. Doesn't make them world beaters.

If all the NBA defenders went around double screens instead of through them, he'd be an all star here.

DMC
02-08-2018, 11:29 PM
nba > euro > gleague

there are some talented players in europe, no doubt. but a guy like tiago splitter, a good nba player, was the euroleague MVP. the talent dropoff is pretty monstrous. boban was a force in euroleague but cant get on an nba court

:lol I love that myth. Just keeps on giving.

tholdren
02-08-2018, 11:45 PM
nba > euro > gleague

You sir are dumb. First that never happened. Also manu was elfinals mvp.... ban this guy

objective
02-09-2018, 12:07 AM
Nando's problem wasn't hitting shots it was taking shots. His second year was just passing up shot after shot.

spurraider21
02-09-2018, 01:21 AM
:lol I love that myth. Just keeps on giving.
my bad. spanish league mvp.

but lets look at some recent euroleague mvp's... nando de colo (:lol), nemanja bjelica (:lol), sergio rodriguez (:lol), vassilis spanoulis (:lol), juan carlos navarro

not that they're awful players... but mvp caliber? guys could barely make NBA rotations

DMC
02-09-2018, 07:51 AM

but lets look at some recent euroleague mvp's... nando de colo (:lol), nemanja bjelica (:lol), sergio rodriguez (:lol), vassilis spanoulis (:lol), juan carlos navarro

not that they're awful players... but mvp caliber? guys could barely make NBA rotations

We've been pushing that "Tiago was the Euroleague MVP" for years. If you say something long enough, true or not, it becomes fact.

:lmao

DMC
02-09-2018, 07:53 AM
Nando's problem wasn't hitting shots it was taking shots. His second year was just passing up shot after shot.

Seems to be a common them with Pop coached players not named Patty.

UZER
02-09-2018, 08:03 AM

A reoccurring theme with Pop and bench players related to this...

sananspursfan21
02-09-2018, 10:11 AM

This.

phxspurfan
02-09-2018, 10:11 AM

That’s the frustrating part. He had flaws here and has obviously worked on his game since his stint on the Spurs. He shoots it now in Euroleague. Imagine if he didn’t waste his time here and listened to the great coaching we had back then (Pop/Bud/Brett/Engelland)

SpursforSix
02-09-2018, 10:25 AM

X2

This is what happens when a coach isn't flexible in how he treats players. Sometimes, you need to be flexible enough to recognize the differences in players mentalities. Sure, it'd be great if you can just turn them all into good little soldiers with an unyielding hard ass approach. But it doesn't work that way. Especially when you don't have prime Timmy, Manu, and Tony to fall back on.

Jules_Winnfield
02-09-2018, 10:48 AM

That's just dumb and ingnorant, considering that the best Euros play in the NBA.

It's a totally different game: slow pace, no defensive 3 seconds, shorter three point line etc.. There isn't much room in the paint for drives. Ben Simmons would probably struggle and a guy, like Kelly Olynyk would be a top3 bigman in the Euroleague.

You usually need to be physically gifted, to succeed in the NBA, top tier international/euro players are either black or white bigs. It's especially hard for white euro guards, for some reason they all have some major physical flaws like strength/quickness/size (Sergio Rodriguez, Milos Teodosic, Nando de Colo, Rudy Fernandez, Vassilis Spanoulis..) or don't have the IQ/skill/ballhandling (Mario Hezonja, Tomas Satoransky,..). They're talented basketball players who are more suited for FIBA ball and are definetely not scrubs.

The only white euro guards who made nice NBA careers in the last 20 years are probably Manu Ginobili and Goran Dragic. Tony Parker and Dennis Schroder have the exact same body type as Sergio Rodriguez, but they both have/had some of dat black quickness. Sergio Rodriguez's skill + Mario Hezonja's body is an All Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMM-WjzXi_U

CSKA Moscow would easily beat that garbage Suns team, especially if they play under FIBA rules. What's so special about them? They're young, no system and have a 21-year-old stat padder who plays no defense as a first option. Dimitrious Itoudis is a boss coach btw.

NBA w/o international/euro players would be boring AF.

DAF86
02-09-2018, 12:21 PM
This.

I love how folks that probably have never seen a minute of euroball assert these kind of things so confidently. :lol

Dude, you will be ashamed of yourself if you knew how ignorant you are being, tbh.

spurraider21
02-09-2018, 12:31 PM
That's just dumb and ingnorant, considering that the best Euros play in the NBA.

It's a totally different game: slow pace, no defensive 3 seconds, shorter three point line etc.. There isn't much room in the paint for drives. Ben Simmons would probably struggle and a guy, like Kelly Olynyk would be a top3 bigman in the Euroleague.

You usually need to be physically gifted, to succeed in the NBA, top tier international/euro players are either black or white bigs. It's especially hard for white euro guards, for some reason they all have some major physical flaws like strength/quickness/size (Sergio Rodriguez, Milos Teodosic, Nando de Colo, Rudy Fernandez, Vassilis Spanoulis..) or don't have the IQ/skill/ballhandling (Mario Hezonja, Tomas Satoransky,..). They're talented basketball players who are more suited for FIBA ball and are definetely not scrubs.

The only white euro guards who made nice NBA careers in the last 20 years are probably Manu Ginobili and Goran Dragic. Tony Parker and Dennis Schroder have the exact same body type as Sergio Rodriguez, but they both have/had some of dat black quickness. Sergio Rodriguez's skill + Mario Hezonja's body is an All Star.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMM-WjzXi_U

CSKA Moscow would easily beat that garbage Suns team, especially if they play under FIBA rules. What's so special about them? They're young, no system and have a 21-year-old stat padder who plays no defense as a first option. Dimitrious Itoudis is a boss coach btw.

NBA w/o international/euro players would be boring AF.
I didn’t say euro players aren’t good enough to make the nba. I’m comparing the rosters of euro teams to the roster of nba teams.

Jules_Winnfield
02-09-2018, 12:39 PM
I didn’t say euro players aren’t good enough to make the nba. I’m comparing the rosters of euro teams to the roster of nba teams.

Yep, just comparing names.

Jules_Winnfield
02-09-2018, 12:41 PM
...and you made fun of Euroleague MVPs based on how they did in the NBA.

DAF86
02-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Yeah, that's retarded too. If a guy didn't make it in the NBA everybody assumes it was because his game wasn't good enough. As if everything in life was always so clear cut. As if weren't different factors, both in and out the court, that weigh in into that kind of stuff.

spurraider21
02-09-2018, 01:59 PM
Yeah man. Nando didn’t fail the nba. The nba failed him

DAF86
02-09-2018, 02:03 PM
Yeah man. Nando didn’t fail the nba. The nba failed him

No, but there are many different things that come to play when succeded or failing somewhere. Not just talent or hability.

sananspursfan21
02-09-2018, 08:15 PM
I love how folks that probably have never seen a minute of euroball assert these kind of things so confidently. :lol

Dude, you will be ashamed of yourself if you knew how ignorant you are being, tbh.

watch as much as I can here in the states. Maybe not as much as you, as I typically catch it on firstrow or whatever it gets changed to. You’re calling someone out on “ignorance” when your ignorance is in your assumptions. Pardon me for agreeing with someone...

gospursgojas
02-09-2018, 08:22 PM
Nah the best Euro team is the Lithuania Big Baller Brands

sananspursfan21
02-09-2018, 08:30 PM
Yeah, that's retarded too. If a guy didn't make it in the NBA everybody assumes it was because his game wasn't good enough. As if everything in life was always so clear cut. As if weren't different factors, both in and out the court, that weigh in into that kind of stuff.

Ahhhhh makes perfect sense now. You’re just mad and looking to take it out on whomever you see post something you don’t agree with. Well, have fun :toast

DAF86
02-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Ahhhhh makes perfect sense now. You’re just mad and looking to take it out on whomever you see post something you don’t agree with. Well, have fun :toast

What? :lol