PDA

View Full Version : Future Spurs cap situation with Capulator

objective
02-10-2018, 03:36 AM
For anyone interested in the future cap, ShamSports has sponsored THE CAPULATOR. This is via RealGM.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator (http://www.shamsports.com/capulator)

You can do almost everything. Decline options, change the draft pick cap hold, sign players and determine their number, renounce players, decide whether to sign with space or an exception, etc etc.

One flaw is that for a former 1st like Milutinov there's no option to sign him for above his rookie scale with an exception for 18-19 that I can see. You can make the 1st rounder defer, or sign to scale, or renounce, but that's it.

Now you can enjoy the wonders of Mills and Pau via a coded calculator!

wildbill2u
02-10-2018, 01:20 PM
For anyone interested in the future cap, ShamSports has sponsored THE CAPULATOR. This is via RealGM.

http://www.shamsports.com/capulator (http://www.shamsports.com/capulator)

You can do almost everything. Decline options, change the draft pick cap hold, sign players and determine their number, renounce players, decide whether to sign with space or an exception, etc etc.

One flaw is that for a former 1st like Milutinov there's no option to sign him for above his rookie scale with an exception for 18-19 that I can see. You can make the 1st rounder defer, or sign to scale, or renounce, but that's it.

Now you can enjoy the wonders of Mills and Pau via a coded calculator!

Great tool. About the only thing I can see that matters the most (e.g. something we could/should actually do) is that Kwahi must either be signed to a new contract next year or traded next year. A final year hold at the team's option will do nothing for us if he really wants to go back to a California team. Face it, the LA area is a great attraction to players both for more money and more flash.

Chinook
02-10-2018, 02:07 PM
I don't think that tool works yet. Spurs were $4 Million over the cap. I had Gay decline his option and the team renounce him, and then they were $8 Million over the cap.

Chinook
02-10-2018, 02:32 PM

You actually can sign him via exception in the program. But you have to not have cap space available and have him deferred already. I was plunking through the scenarios and had the option to give Milutinov the MLE. To be clear, it's impossible to sign Nikola using the LLE or room exception. Non-scale contracts have to be for at least three seasons. So if you had already used the MLE on something else, then it would help explain why it wasn't available.

I don't think that tool works yet. Spurs were $4 Million over the cap. I had Gay decline his option and the team renounce him, and then they were $8 Million over the cap.

I figured this out too. When a team is over the cap due to committed salary, the program doesn't count exceptions toward the cap. However, when the salary drops below the cap, then the exceptions count until renounced. They likely did this so people wouldn't think they were going into the tax without using their exceptions.

objective
02-10-2018, 05:12 PM
You actually can sign him via exception in the program. But you have to not have cap space available and have him deferred already. I was plunking through the scenarios and had the option to give Milutinov the MLE. To be clear, it's impossible to sign Nikola using the LLE or room exception. Non-scale contracts have to be for at least three seasons. So if you had already used the MLE on something else, then it would help explain why it wasn't available.

I figured this out too. When a team is over the cap due to committed salary, the program doesn't count exceptions toward the cap. However, when the salary drops below the cap, then the exceptions count until renounced. They likely did this so people wouldn't think they were going into the tax without using their exceptions.

I was able to defer him and sign Milutinov but couldn't get him under contract until 19/20. I'll try again later, maybe I was missing something. I was trying to get him in for 18/19 to play around with

Chinook
02-10-2018, 05:24 PM
I was able to defer him and sign Milutinov but couldn't get him under contract until 19/20. I'll try again later, maybe I was missing something. I was trying to get him in for 18/19 to play around with

I just tried it again. I deferred him to next season and clicked his name, and it gave me the option to sign using the taxpayer MLE.