PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that doesn't want Danny Green to come back needs to have their head examined

Amuseddaysleeper
02-10-2018, 09:28 PM
We would get anyone close to replacing his defense. He's also come such a long way with his game in the paint. He doesn't look like a circus act when dribbling anymore.

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Would cut the useless scrub for Belinelli any day of the week (unless we play a lottery team which is when GLeague stat pads)

SAGirl
02-10-2018, 09:48 PM
tell that to the JSimms fan club in this joint.:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-10-2018, 09:48 PM
He's either going to get hurt or shoot 1-10 following the creation of this thread:lol

ducks
02-10-2018, 09:52 PM
Same can be said for trump in 2020

sananspursfan21
02-10-2018, 10:01 PM
I was honestly worried we might be looking at Avery Bradley in his place tbh. I shudder to think about what this team would look like...

SpurOutofTownFan
02-10-2018, 10:05 PM
wait until he's garbage again like in the next game or so and people would ask for him to be traded

Robz4000
02-10-2018, 10:19 PM
It literally never fails.

Bill_Brasky
02-10-2018, 10:20 PM
Amused should be banned.....

https://media1.tenor.com/images/6ce072fc8b65d7c9cf916099584b4a69/tenor.gif?itemid=4760965

Uriel
02-10-2018, 10:21 PM
:lol

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2018, 10:28 PM
Make a thread about Fatty Patty next b

MoSpur02
02-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Spurs would be dumb not to bring him back

TimDunkem
02-10-2018, 10:57 PM
Spurs would be dumb not to bring him back

Even dumber if they continue to fail to upgrade.

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2018, 10:59 PM
He's aging like milk in a car on a sunny day.

Ship him off to a mediocre team like the Nets if he even dares to opt in that player option

Keepin' it real
02-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Inconsistent role players are a dime a dozen.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 05:00 AM
Make a thread about Fatty Patty next b

dbestpro
02-11-2018, 08:21 AM
It really depends on what Green could bring back in return. If its just another aging vet, then it makes no sense. If he could bring back a talented younger player then you pull the trigger. Green is good at what he does, and for what he costs, but he will never get better. The Spurs need someone who has the potential to get better, and be able to lead the team. The Spurs seem to be totally mismanaging the Leonard issue, so this team could get really bad in a hurry.

Hoops Czar
02-11-2018, 02:07 PM
It really depends on what Green could bring back in return. If its just another aging vet, then it makes no sense. If he could bring back a talented younger player then you pull the trigger. Green is good at what he does, and for what he costs, but he will never get better. The Spurs need someone who has the potential to get better, and be able to lead the team. The Spurs seem to be totally mismanaging the Leonard issue, so this team could get really bad in a hurry.
He's no longer an asset because they held on to him too long. He's going to walk in Free Agency or they're going to pay him gross money (a la Paddy) to come back and continue his downward regression. Either way, the Spurs lose.

exstatic
02-11-2018, 02:18 PM
He just fired his agent, and hired Roc Nation as his representation. Look for him to opt out, and get paid.

SAGirl
02-11-2018, 02:54 PM
He just fired his agent, and hired Roc Nation as his representation. Look for him to opt out, and get paid.
I think him and the Spurs will want to work things out but I do expect him to look out for himself. After all the trade rumors, he's not going to want to come back on a bargain deal for him to be dangled as a trade asset after it bc Spurs won't trade Tony, Patty or Pau.

Kiwi's injury makes this next summer completely unpredictable but if the Spurs are unable to swing a trade and look to re-sign their guys, they have to take a strong look at what they are doing not just with Danny but the rest of the guys under contract. Many are not pulling their share.

Gagnrath
02-11-2018, 03:16 PM

As for the never getting better, finally after 5+ years as an NBA player has has added a NCAA D1 floor game for a 2/3 to his toolbox. Honestly it would be amazing for the team if he has that and goes on one of his patented 5 games of can't miss from three streaks.

TimDunkem
02-11-2018, 03:24 PM
As for the never getting better, finally after 5+ years as an NBA player has has added a NCAA D1 floor game for a 2/3 to his toolbox. Honestly it would be amazing for the team if he has that and goes on one of his patented 5 games of can't miss from three streaks.

He won't. Danny is what he is and that's a guy who still can only dribble at a middle school level. One layup off an awkward dribble drive is the most you'll get from him on a consistent per game basis

Gagnrath
02-11-2018, 03:30 PM
He won't. Danny is what he is and that's a guy who still can only dribble at a middle school level. One layup off an awkward dribble drive is the most you'll get from him on a consistent per game basis

Thing is he has, he's not a good ball handler especially for a 2, but he's not the complete liability he was dribbling 3-4 years ago. He has made strides there. Instead of a middle schooler dribbling he now has a lower tier college players dribbling moves. He's just trying then against much higher level competition.

TimDunkem
02-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Thing is he has, he's not a good ball handler especially for a 2, but he's not the complete liability he was dribbling 3-4 years ago. He has made strides there. Instead of a middle schooler dribbling he now has a lower tier college players dribbling moves. He's just trying then against much higher level competition.

No. He's still a liability. The man can't even get you more than a layup per game (just wait until teams expect him to drive and shut that off too), his shot isn't coming back, and no one respects him offensively. It's like we're playing 4 on 5 offensively every time he is on the floor.

BackHome
02-11-2018, 09:57 PM
Pass a shooting guard who can’t dribble OMG.

Phenomanul
02-12-2018, 12:23 PM
He'll have more space to get his shots off when Kawhi returns

wildbill2u
02-12-2018, 12:26 PM
I agree that Danny needs a comeback.

MaNu4Tres
02-12-2018, 01:36 PM
I hope he opts in.

That 15 million dollar cap hold will put the Spurs in a very tough situation.

If only they didn't sign .... nvm. I've had a great day.

SAGirl
02-12-2018, 02:25 PM
I hope he opts in.

That 15 million dollar cap hold will put the Spurs in a very tough situation.

If only they didn't sign .... nvm. I've had a great day.
Why would it put them in a tough situation... they already don't have cap to get anyone unless they do some serious trading.

MaNu4Tres
02-12-2018, 04:26 PM
Why would it put them in a tough situation... they already don't have cap to get anyone unless they do some serious trading.

The 15 million cap hold would be 5 million more counted against the cap unless Spurs renounce him. If Spurs renounce him, he's pretty much gone since they could only re-sign him with cap space instead of being able to go over the cap.

The only way it can work in favor of the Spurs is if he opts out and re-signs w/ SA right away for = or < 10-13 million per.

SAGirl
02-12-2018, 04:29 PM
The 15 million cap hold would be 5 million more counted against the cap unless Spurs renounce him. If Spurs renounce him, he's pretty much gone since they could only re-sign him with cap space instead of being able to go over the cap.

The only way it can work in favor of the Spurs is if he opts out and re-signs w/ SA right away for = or < 10-13 million per.
I am just wondering why you are worried about cap.
I am not on top of these things and I might be wrong, but I just assumed they don't have cap next season anyways and will operate over the cap unless they make significant trades (Mills and/or Pau for example)...
what do you have in mind?

------
Also, just as a point of conversation, when asked earlier in the season about whether or not he would decline his option he said at the time that he wasn't sure yet. I am thinking he will listen to the Spurs before making up his mind, but hiring up the new agent sounds like just getting ready to hit FA this summer... otherwise he could just pick up the option and he wouldn't have needed a brand new agent for that.

.G.
02-12-2018, 04:36 PM
Green isn’t all that. I’m cool if he leaves. Little by little he’s become an intangibles type player. Yeah his handle appears to have improved some but he’s still a clusterfuck whenever he tries to penetrate. He only creates when he’s forced to and even then it’s 50/50 layup time.

ace3g
02-12-2018, 11:00 PM

Hoops Czar
02-12-2018, 11:17 PM

That stat isn't even remotely accurate but it's fun to make things up.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&shoot_hand=&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&birth_state=&college_id=&draft_year=&is_active=&debut_yr_nba_start=&debut_yr_nba_end=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&award=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=blk&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=fg3&c2comp=gt&c2val=70&c3stat=&c3comp=&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=&c6mult=&c6stat=&order_by=ws&order_by_asc=&offset=0

Chinook
02-12-2018, 11:24 PM
That stat isn't even remotely accurate but it's fun to make things up.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&lg_id=NBA&is_playoffs=N&year_min=&year_max=&franch_id=&season_start=1&season_end=-1&age_min=0&age_max=99&shoot_hand=&height_min=0&height_max=99&birth_country_is=Y&birth_country=&birth_state=&college_id=&draft_year=&is_active=&debut_yr_nba_start=&debut_yr_nba_end=&is_hof=&is_as=&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&award=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&qual=&c1stat=blk&c1comp=gt&c1val=50&c2stat=fg3&c2comp=gt&c2val=70&c3stat=&c3comp=&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=&c4val=&c5stat=&c5comp=&c6mult=&c6stat=&order_by=ws&order_by_asc=&offset=0

I didn't confirm the tweet, but it looks like you either cut the numbers wrong or didn't understand the tweet. Green's not the only player to do that at all in the last six seasons. He's the only one who's done it every season.

TheGreatYacht
04-04-2018, 12:35 AM
:lmao

That limp dick, broken jumper having, bone legged scrub would be traded if he even thinks of opting in that player option for next year.