PDA

View Full Version : Spurs players have no balls

razor247
02-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Bertans will never get in front of anyone nor get a rebound because he has no balls and his is worthless on the court. His has no athleticism at all. He just practices enough to have a decent looking shot but can't actually play basketball. No one on this pos team sets a hard screen. Every GS player set a hard screen that our little midget, no muscle, clowns could not get thru. We brush against people like they have the plague. All these coaches and none of them say anything...Becky is used to it I guess she played with girls so she see nothing wrong with these no ballers. I can't even tell you how worthless Mills is, he is negative value and owes Spurs fans money. This little POS can't shoot,can't dribble, and can't defend. Forbes!!!!! Look in the mirror go get in the weight room you stupid little kid with the stupid look on your face. if you had some muscle maybe you wouldn't be a china doll out there. Your not even in physical condition to compete.....

daslicer
02-10-2018, 11:00 PM
The Spurs have no enforcers.

TimDunkem
02-10-2018, 11:00 PM
Manu, Kawhi, Green, and Gay are the only players on this team with a pair.

Too bad one is washed up, one is a scrub, and the other two can't even get on the floor.

FkLA
02-10-2018, 11:03 PM
http://m.quickmeme.com/img/bc/bc92f3a127962208c22dd74c7ceb78d90d70e92f22d3ea81f3 c90360426351a1.jpg

BatManu20
02-10-2018, 11:07 PM
I agree they need an enforcer, but other than that, this thread is cheeks, tbh.

Spurs da champs
02-10-2018, 11:08 PM
Joffrey is so bad he could at least contribute by giving a borderline dirty foul, injure KD or Steph the way Zaza injured Kawhi.

duncan2k5
02-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Manu, Kawhi, Green, and Gay are the only players on this team with a pair.

Too bad one is washed up, one is a scrub, and the other two can't even get on the floor.

i'd add murray to that list...he has the personality where he would go at you on offense and especially defense...he just needs to develop more

tholdren
02-10-2018, 11:11 PM
i'd add murray to that list...he has the personality where he would go at you on offense and especially defense...he just needs to develop more

Stupid

DarrinS
02-10-2018, 11:12 PM
We have one, but he doesn’t play anymore

SAGirl
02-10-2018, 11:20 PM
Not setting good screens has been a problem for a long time (since Timmy retired)

Lamarcus is one of the softest in that regard. Pau is a better screen setter which is a shame bc he can no longer compete against elite talent.

Davis is too thin/light to set hard screens and he wants to slip the screen to get free for his jumpshot.

Kyle occasionally can set a good screen. He's also light for a big, and the Spurs ask him to do ballhandling as well... so yea, they could use a big who set good screens.

sananspursfan21
02-10-2018, 11:20 PM
https://www.arboristsite.com/community/styles/toronja1/emoticones/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

Chris
02-10-2018, 11:22 PM
Kingslayer + Gay we win this game tbh

Bertans is a young and promising player. We are lucky to have him.

I agree, Becky needs to go get a head coaching job somewhere...Toronto?

paperboy77
02-10-2018, 11:37 PM
Agree with op. Yeah they’re shorthanded but no balls is evident. Could be Pops fag system of “no fouls “. You’re right about about joffrys purpose..... cause damage to their stars... anyone. Bertans clams up and forgets he’s tall enough to shoot over most thus zero confidence. I will say though for a seldom used rookie White shows he can play. In limited time he’s smooth, gets unlikely blocks, seems to have a knack for the ball, good court vision, fairly sweet stroke. Seems to play like the guy who doesn’t want to step on the vets toes so is not too aggressive. I wish Pop would dump Mills and use white at least as the third behind TP. This season woes not really on anyone cuz KL is out but still frustrating.

Snaq O'Meal
02-11-2018, 12:51 AM
Bertans will never get in front of anyone nor get a rebound because he has no balls and his is worthless on the court. His has no athleticism at all. He just practices enough to have a decent looking shot but can't actually play basketball. No one on this pos team sets a hard screen. Every GS player set a hard screen that our little midget, no muscle, clowns could not get thru. We brush against people like they have the plague. All these coaches and none of them say anything...Becky is used to it I guess she played with girls so she see nothing wrong with these no ballers. I can't even tell you how worthless Mills is, he is negative value and owes Spurs fans money. This little POS can't shoot,can't dribble, and can't defend. Forbes!!!!! Look in the mirror go get in the weight room you stupid little kid with the stupid look on your face. if you had some muscle maybe you wouldn't be a china doll out there. Your not even in physical condition to compete.....

That's a little unfair on Becky. I bet she could set harder screens than those pansies wearing the Silver and Black these days.

Snaq O'Meal
02-11-2018, 12:54 AM
Joffrey is so bad he could at least contribute by giving a borderline dirty foul, injure KD or Steph the way Zaza injured Kawhi.

I thought that would've been his role after showing off his boxercise schtick. Perhaps Poop succeeded in curtailing his potential.

Snaq O'Meal
02-11-2018, 01:01 AM
Not setting good screens has been a problem for a long time (since Timmy retired)

Lamarcus is one of the softest in that regard. Pau is a better screen setter which is a shame bc he can no longer compete against elite talent.

Davis is too thin/light to set hard screens and he wants to slip the screen to get free for his jumpshot.

Kyle occasionally can set a good screen. He's also light for a big, and the Spurs ask him to do ballhandling as well... so yea, they could use a big who set good screens.

Sad to see how far they have fallen. The Spurs previously have great screeners (Timmy, Splitter, Baynes) who could free up Tony and the guards to do their thing. These days, Poop seems more concerned with politics after Trump started living rent free in his head.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 05:09 AM
I can not disagree here.

illusioNtEk
02-11-2018, 05:27 AM
let's sign Rodman then

NameLess Scrub
02-11-2018, 06:54 AM
We should sign Charles Oakley to 10 day contracts until he takes out a couple of stars

ElNono
02-11-2018, 07:18 AM
We should sign Charles Oakley to 10 day contracts until he takes out a couple of stars

Don't give Poop ideas, he would sign him for the vet factor alone...

dbestpro
02-11-2018, 08:13 AM

The whole team is flat and too many times are just going through the motions. The Spurs need a heart transplant.

UZER
02-11-2018, 02:49 PM
The whole team is flat and too many times are just going through the motions. The Spurs need a heart transplant.

Why have any fight when their coach has made it clear basketball is not that important in life.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2018, 04:51 PM
We just have 6 or 7 roster spots occupied by D-Leaguers who really shouldn't be suiting up in the NBA...it's as simple as that. The bottom half of the roster is horrible. Forbes, Bertans, Joffrey, and Paul, in particular are not NBA material. Kyle Anderson and Mills should be riding the end of the bench somewhere in the 11th and 12th man spots. Murray is a serviceable 12 minute a game guy, not a guy who should be handed the keys yet. Gasol and Tony's best days are behind them. It's just a weak roster...not necessarily a ball-less one.

TimDunkem
02-11-2018, 04:56 PM
We just have 6 or 7 roster spots occupied by D-Leaguers who really shouldn't be suiting up in the NBA...it's as simple as that. The bottom half of the roster is horrible. Forbes, Bertans, Joffrey, and Paul, in particular are not NBA material. Kyle Anderson and Mills should be riding the end of the bench somewhere in the 11th and 12th man spots. Murray is a serviceable 12 minute a game guy, not a guy who should be handed the keys yet. Gasol and Tony's best days are behind them. It's just a weak roster...not necessarily a ball-less one.

Truth bomb.

NASpurs
02-11-2018, 05:00 PM
Truth bomb.

Yeah but the old farts and the G-Leaguers feel like they can knock out GSW if the team was healthy. About as delusional as the fluffers.

ElNono
02-11-2018, 05:01 PM

Sorry Ed, but somebody is responsible for all that, right? Looking at the contracts they handed, they clearly gambled on Pau not being washed up, Mills living to his contract, Murray being more than what he is, and some of the 6-7 D-Leaguers elevating their game. That's fine, but we're here now, with hindsight, and it's clear most if none of that panned out, and it was a bad gamble. Where you go from here? Especially with your star's contract talks coming up. You want to show you know what you're doing going forward.

TimDunkem
02-11-2018, 05:05 PM
Yeah but the old farts and the G-Leaguers feel like they can knock out GSW if the team was healthy. About as delusional as the fluffers.

They believe Kawhi's presence will magically make these scrubs learn how to make plays, keep up with younger athletes, outscore 3s with 2s, and actually hit the wide open shots they already get.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-11-2018, 05:28 PM
Sorry Ed, but somebody is responsible for all that, right? Looking at the contracts they handed, they clearly gambled on Pau not being washed up, Mills living to his contract, Murray being more than what he is, and some of the 6-7 D-Leaguers elevating their game. That's fine, but we're here now, with hindsight, and it's clear most if none of that panned out, and it was a bad gamble. Where you go from here? Especially with your star's contract talks coming up. You want to show you know what you're doing going forward.

And yet we're 3rd in the West. So Pop builds a bad roster but still wins games. I don't know how they close the gap with GSW. Maybe with Kawhi and Gay we're only another piece or two away.

DPG21920
02-11-2018, 05:32 PM

This is so wrong EHJ. Bertans has more than proven he’s an nba player. Forbes, whom I am lower on than most, has too. Agree with Joff/BP3.

But you are WAYYYYY OFF on Kyle. He’s a damn good NBA player and solid impact player beyond the box score. Mills has graded out well for a long time but yes, he’s having a bad year.

ElNono
02-11-2018, 05:55 PM
And yet we're 3rd in the West. So Pop builds a bad roster but still wins games. I don't know how they close the gap with GSW. Maybe with Kawhi and Gay we're only another piece or two away.

IMO, that says more about the Western Conference than the Spurs, tbh. One third of the Conference is actively tanking. That also says a lot about teams thinking they can close the gap against the Dubs vs using this time to rebuild.

I just don't know that the Spurs can afford to tank 2-3 seasons, and there's no guarantee you're going to get another star quality player in the draft during that span. Risky business.

I'm taking your assessment of this roster at face value, and I have to wonder why somebody like Kawhi or LMA doesn't think the same? They nurtured players like Anderson for 4 seasons, to become a 8/5 player in almost 30mpg. Now they gotta pay him, and he realistically isn't worth more than the MLE, but some other team will likely offer more. In hindsight, that was another bad gamble.

I don't know what's going through their minds. Maybe they just thought they can't close the gap with the Dubs, and they're using this time to hand out culture contracts.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 06:32 PM

exact

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 06:34 PM
They believe Kawhi's presence will magically make these scrubs learn how to make plays, keep up with younger athletes, outscore 3s with 2s, and actually hit the wide open shots they already get.

yes, if he returns, it will be Kawhi carrying the list of one-dimensional players again, with some acting as if he had enough help

DPG21920
02-11-2018, 06:37 PM
yes, if he returns, it will be Kawhi carrying the list of one-dimensional players again, with some acting as if he had enough help

How can you call them one dimensional when without Kawhi they are a top defensive team? LMA is scoring like crazy. They are winning games.

r0drig0lac
02-11-2018, 06:58 PM
We have Aldridge, Manu and maybe Kyle and Murray playing their best, although they all have their weaknesses, but the rest of the roster is very weak for a supposed "competitor", maybe not in the rs but in the playoffs, those weaknesses will be accentuated

cd98
02-11-2018, 07:52 PM
Eh it’s more the coaching staff that refuses to let the Starters play in more than 55 games.