PDA

View Full Version : Despite the loss, Pop had a great message, IMO

Pages : [1] 2

ElNono
02-12-2018, 11:48 PM

Very encouraging words from Pop, tbh... there's more than just basketball, being socially responsible matters...

HI-FI
02-12-2018, 11:50 PM
With Timmy gone, I can’t wait for poop to retire.

daslicer
02-12-2018, 11:50 PM
To me it's amazing how much disrespect Duncan's legacy gets by casual dumbass fans on other boards because of Pop. I was on realgm the other day and they were bunch of casual fans saying that Duncan only won 5 titles because he had Pop as a coach.

TheGreatYacht
02-12-2018, 11:51 PM
10/10 :lmao

Hoops Czar
02-12-2018, 11:51 PM
That explains why Kyle Anderson and paddy Mills play so much.

Hoops Czar
02-12-2018, 11:52 PM

I can see the Olympic team losing gold.

tholdren
To me it's amazing how much disrespect Duncan's legacy gets by casual dumbass fans on other boards because of Pop. I was on realgm the other day and they were bunch of casual fans saying that Duncan only won 5 titles because he had Pop as a coach.

They meant if pop wasnt the coach he would have won 9

tholdren

Very encouraging words from Pop, tbh... there's more than just basketball, being socially responsible matters...

Then why didnt pop run the last play for a black player? Pop is racist

jimbo
02-12-2018, 11:53 PM
Does Pop have any black American assistant coaches?

daslicer
02-12-2018, 11:53 PM
They meant if pop wasnt the coach he would have won 9

:lol

SuperCam
02-12-2018, 11:54 PM

that's the narrative Poop wants tbh.

Tim: 5 world championships
Poop w/o Tim: Zero WCF game wins

Amuseddaysleeper
02-12-2018, 11:54 PM
Well played Nono :lol

DAF86
02-12-2018, 11:55 PM
ElNono probably had this thread ready since before the game started. :lol

Chinook
02-12-2018, 11:56 PM
Does Pop have any black American assistant coaches?

Is Udoka not American?

Atl Spur
02-12-2018, 11:58 PM
As a minority I totally agree; in my field of work I rarely see others that look like me. With that said, I will never attribute all injustices/inequalities based off race but at times it really makes you wonder what motivates others actions. Basketball is just entertainment to those who have a life......

Darius Bieber
02-12-2018, 11:59 PM
Is Udoka not American?

Born in Portland but of Nigerian descent. Pop probably hired him to take care of diversity.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:00 AM
Is Udoka not American?

I think he was born abroad..... He’s had plenty throughout the years.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:01 AM
Born in Portland but of Nigerian descent. Pop probably hired him to take care of diversity.

I stand corrected

weeks
02-13-2018, 12:01 AM
Pop just needs to shut the fuck up already.

daslicer
02-13-2018, 12:03 AM
that's the narrative Poop wants tbh.

Tim: 5 world championships
Poop w/o Tim: Zero WCF game wins

It seems liked it has worked for him. There is even a thread in realgm where a bunch of fans believe if Pop was the coach of the Cavs that they would beat the Warriors.

NASpurs
Pop's talking about black history month in Utah? Do they even acknowledge that over there? Have they ever seen a black person that wasn't on TV? Methinks his message was falling to deaf ears.

Hoops Czar

And he hired Becky to prove he's not sexist. He's got all his bases covered.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:06 AM
Pop just needs to shut the fuck up already.

Nah......he should keep talking. Soldiers like myself served so he could speak his truth which can actually backed up by facts.

BatManu20
Pop feeling extra Liberal today with Obama's painting being unveiled :lol

Nathan89
Pop is obsessed with his image tbh.

xtremesteven33
02-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Liberals always have something to bitch about.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Pop feeling extra Liberal today with Obama's painting being unveiled :lol

Did you like them?

BatManu20
02-13-2018, 12:09 AM
Did you like them?

I thought Barack's was ridiculous, personally. Michelle's was fine.

Play Boban
02-13-2018, 12:11 AM
Poop

rasuo214
02-13-2018, 12:19 AM
I thought Pop was supposed to be cultured?

vy65
02-13-2018, 12:20 AM
Spouting some serious SJW goods to deflect from the exceptionally shitty job his doing at his day gig. Pop with the Donny Trump tier PR moves

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:23 AM

It was interesting me too! Lol. I think it has some meaning that aren’t obvious to the uninformed eye! Cool you replied without saying some stuff to seek attention(we got a few on here who do)

rasuo214
02-13-2018, 12:23 AM

I thought Barack's portrait was a parody, it's pretty bad. I agree Michelle's looked good.

jimbo
02-13-2018, 12:24 AM
Is Udoka not American?

:lol whoops I'd always assumed he grew up in Nigeria

He just pulled a Becky for the olympics.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:27 AM
Spouting some serious SJW goods to deflect from the exceptionally shitty job his doing at his day gig. Pop with the Donny Trump tier PR moves

Who’s a better coach than pop in the NBA? Don’t let facts get in the way of some good whining! 5 chips and you crying cause we’re treading water until major pieces come back..... damn pimp I truly doubt you hold yourself to those high standards at your job!!! Eeeeekkkj

vy65
02-13-2018, 12:30 AM
Who’s a better coach than pop in the NBA? Don’t let facts get in the way of some good whining! 5 chips and you crying cause we’re treading water until major pieces come back..... damn pimp I truly doubt you hold yourself to those high standards at your job!!! Eeeeekkkj

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT4KTthhSGz8aXl8KeqSDqoyMQ33gY8V tiojnImRbRUQc2ApXMi

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:33 AM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/0d56866050e58c84003960e065144a82/tenor.gif?itemid=7344135

Is that supposed to be me? Lol
Lol

Floyd Pacquiao
02-13-2018, 12:35 AM
Pop is a postmodernist piece of shit. He literally sounds like a 19 yo sjw who took a semester from a radicalised liberal arts professor and thinks he has the country figured out.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:36 AM
Pop is a postmodernist piece of shit. He literally sounds like a 19 yo sjw who took a semester from a radicalised liberal arts professor and thinks he has the country figured out.

Please log off.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:37 AM
Did he lie?

tbdog
02-13-2018, 12:42 AM
I hope that after the allstar break, we are ready to go. No more injury managements. Get prepped for the playoffs. No minute restrictions depending on stamina.

TimDunkem
02-13-2018, 12:44 AM
I hope that after the allstar break, we are ready to go. No more injury managements. Get prepped for the playoffs. No minute restrictions depending on stamina.

Kawhi can't even wipe his own ass yet.

Play Boban
02-13-2018, 12:47 AM

Emperor
02-13-2018, 12:47 AM
"It's just life." Eat it Pop.

Crazymaddopeyo
02-13-2018, 12:57 AM
People really complaining about someone on the right side of things being outspoken. Sports is the place to do it, if you have a stage you need to be vocal. Especially in this shitty sss country. Another one for the good guys.

DPG21920
02-13-2018, 12:59 AM
This country is better than any other country. This country can and still needs to improve. Both are true.

SAGirl
02-13-2018, 01:17 AM
There are really more important things in life than getting the ball stolen up 1 pt with 1 minute to go.
Hopefully that makes a certain someone feel better tonight bc he's got a game tomorrow and he's still going to be asked to play again and be better.

SAGirl
02-13-2018, 01:18 AM
As a minority I totally agree; in my field of work I rarely see others that look like me. With that said, I will never attribute all injustices/inequalities based off race but at times it really makes you wonder what motivates others actions. Basketball is just entertainment to those who have a life......
:bobo

baseline bum
02-13-2018, 01:29 AM
Getting really tired of this affirmative action shit with Mills when we could have had Beli.

ElNono
02-13-2018, 01:41 AM
Wonder what Stephen Jackson, Dedmon and other outspoken black players think about this, tbh...

Proxy
02-13-2018, 02:58 AM
Is Poop really the best name y’all can come up with tbh

Stabula
02-13-2018, 03:37 AM

You listen to Jordan Peterson don't you?

r0drig0lac
02-13-2018, 06:31 AM
Wonder what Stephen Jackson, Dedmon and other outspoken black players think about this, tbh...

Trill Clinton
02-13-2018, 09:06 AM
Pop the goat:claw

dbestpro
02-13-2018, 10:09 AM
Pop's fixation on things other than basketball and the front office discord with KL, will be remembered as the cause for the 50 game win streak coming to an end.

tmtcsc
02-13-2018, 10:09 AM
I think he was born abroad.....

Unlike Bruce Jenner who became a broad.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b84e649fce5390e6fdfd546e1be44b1d/tenor.gif

Brazil
02-13-2018, 10:36 AM
This country is better than any other country. This country can and still needs to improve. Both are true.

I have some ideas of what US is better at
- killing people
- polluting
- creating dictatorships
- being fat
- creating conspiracy theories
- electing dumbass
- threatening
- exploiting people and countries
- putting ederly people to work
- mass murdering

cd98
02-13-2018, 11:14 AM
I have some ideas of what US is better at
- killing people
- polluting
- creating dictatorships
- being fat
- creating conspiracy theories
- electing dumbass
- threatening
- exploiting people and countries
- putting ederly people to work
- mass murdering

Same could be said for every country in the world.

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2018, 11:25 AM
Then why does he treat every Spur from the ghetto like he's a racist old white dude? Buckets, Simmons, Dedmon, the list goes on. Act like you are back in the hood for even an instant and Pop ships your ass out for acting up.

If Pop wants to focus on social justice he should resign and go do that full time. Manu is begging for change to how this team operates, Kawhi's thinking about leaving, LA had his episode last summer, and meanwhile we have a white one percenter who wants to lecture others about what racism is.

To quote Pop, he needs to get over himself.

TimDunkem
02-13-2018, 11:29 AM
Then why does he treat every Spur from the ghetto like he's a racist old white dude? Buckets, Simmons, Dedmon, the list goes on. Act like you are back in the hood for even an instant and Pop ships your ass out for acting up.

If Pop wants to focus on social justice he should resign and go do that full time. Manu is begging for change to how this team operates, Kawhi's thinking about leaving, LA had his episode last summer, and meanwhile we have a white one percenter who wants to lecture others about what racism is.

Pop asks guys to get over themselves because there is only enough room in this franchise for one big ego - his.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 11:34 AM
Exposure and perspective are always a good thing no matter the presenter........

HarlemHeat37
02-13-2018, 11:46 AM
I used to find it funny when Pop's comments would trigger Trump supporters, but it loses its charm when the team keeps losing and he's completely out of touch with the current NBA(and there's a rift between the star of the team and the front office)..

I'd like to see him discuss his horrible out of timeout calls the past few seasons..it's as if he just quit on being creative after the league starting stealing some of his plays:lol

Brazil
02-13-2018, 12:05 PM
Same could be said for every country in the world.

:lol no, not really

Chomag
02-13-2018, 12:17 PM
Pop needs to either run for office or coach, you can't do both. I wish he would stfu and focus on the Spurs but that's just me.

Damn man it only took him a season to break down without Timmy carrying him .

timtonymanu
02-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Pop should have retired with Tim like he was originally planning

timtonymanu
02-13-2018, 12:38 PM

Well said.

elbamba
02-13-2018, 12:44 PM

The AT&T center was paid with tax payer money primarily to keep the Spurs in town. Millions of our dollars have been spent for the facilities and to upgrade the facilities. Having a competitive basketball team is important to the community in that it hopefully generates revenue for local businesses as well as bringing the community together in unity of a cause. Certainly the players who play the game would call it a job and a business. My point is that it is an oversimplification to call it simply entertainment only.

UZER
02-13-2018, 12:50 PM
The AT&T center was paid with tax payer money primarily to keep the Spurs in town. Millions of our dollars have been spent for the facilities and to upgrade the facilities. Having a competitive basketball team is important to the community in that it hopefully generates revenue for local businesses as well as bringing the community together in unity of a cause. Certainly the players who play the game would call it a job and a business. My point is that it is an oversimplification to call it simply entertainment only.

And they put it on the east side. :lol

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 12:59 PM

Well it obviously is a job with economic importance to the community as well as the organization; pretty much figured that was common sense. This organization is considered the gold standard for a reason, can we clean up some things? Always. Ask 29 other teams would trade positions with us....... I was born @ Santa Rosa and respect my hometown for even carving a place out at the big table with limited resources! I sure as hell can tell you Hawks fans here in Atlanta understand the greatness of our organization! Lastly, every great franchises need cornerstones but only great ones know how to get most out of them.........Tim will always be Tim and thank god he always saw the big picture!!

Play Boban
02-13-2018, 12:59 PM
Poop's ego is so massive. He only did this to get on the CNN front page, which he succeeded at.

MannyIsGod
02-13-2018, 01:01 PM

You think Pop is doing a bad job? Having them on pace to win 50 this year with this level of talent is pretty amazing, honestly.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:02 PM

I’m from the east side and???? Real state was cheaper I’m sure and furthermore maybe a fine gentleman like you could help with some outreach. Plenty of great young minds to be influenced........ but you’re probably to busy I’m sure.

vy65
02-13-2018, 01:06 PM
You think Pop is doing a bad job? Having them on pace to win 50 this year with this level of talent is pretty amazing, honestly.

I couldn't give a fucks less about 50 wins. It's meaningless.

I think he's done a really poor job over the past 12 months: the Patty and Pau contracts, the CP3 debacle, the tension with Kawhi, and the inactivity last summer in improving the roster while others (Minny, OKC, and Houston).

Brazil
02-13-2018, 01:09 PM
:lol the CP3 debacle

tholdren
02-13-2018, 01:10 PM
I’m from the east side and???? Real state was cheaper I’m sure and furthermore maybe a fine gentleman like you could help with some outreach. Plenty of great young minds to be influenced........ but you’re probably to busy I’m sure.

Too

dabom
02-13-2018, 01:11 PM
:lol the CP3 debacle

MannyIsGod
02-13-2018, 01:11 PM

I think he's done a really poor job over the past 12 months: the Patty and Pau contracts, the CP3 debacle, the tension with Kawhi, and the inactivity last summer in improving the roster while others (Minny, OKC, and Houston).

WHat CP3 debacle? The contracts definitely look like shit, but good luck shitting on him as a coach. IDGAF about the reported tension with Kawhi, but if you're going to shit on him for that you better give him a shit load of praise for fixing the LMA situation.

My point is that you're not giving him credit for shit, but going to far as to shit on him for shit you don't even know is true.

gospursgojas
02-13-2018, 01:13 PM

Those guys are super rich black guys. Pops not talking about those guys. Also they WERE from ghetto, Pop supposed to continue to allow and celebrate their hood mentality?

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:14 PM

And with all that being said all those teams still would like to be us but people like you still don’t get it! Newsflash, SA is not a national hot spot but the people there are the salt of the earth amidst their social & economic disadvantages. Look up the word perspective vs spouting off dumb shit all the time or maybe this is your best that’s being offered...if so forgive my naivety.

UZER
02-13-2018, 01:14 PM
WHat CP3 debacle? The contracts definitely look like shit, but good luck shitting on him as a coach. IDGAF about the reported tension with Kawhi, but if you're going to shit on him for that you better give him a shit load of praise for fixing the LMA situation.

My point is that you're not giving him credit for shit, but going to far as to shit on him for shit you don't even know is true.

:lol the only reason the LMA situation is "fixed" is because Kawhi isnt playing. Pop didn't fix anything. The few games Kawhi did play, you could still see how awkward LMA is playing with him.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:16 PM
Too

???

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:20 PM
:lol the only reason the LMA situation is "fixed" is because Kawhi isnt playing. Pop didn't fix anything. The few games Kawhi did play, you could still see how awkward LMA is playing with him.

Did LA extend to stay in SA? Ready to get those hands dirty?

TimDunkem
02-13-2018, 01:26 PM
Did LA extend to stay in SA? Ready to get those hands dirty?

He got paid and was guaranteed more touches. That was the difference between him re-signing or bolting.

We don't have a big enough sample size to come to any conclusions yet, but I too fear the Kawhiso and LM-ahTouches combination isn't one that will win it all simply because LMA in particular really needs the ball to be effective.

spurraider21
02-13-2018, 01:29 PM
Unlike Bruce Jenner who became a broad.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/b84e649fce5390e6fdfd546e1be44b1d/tenor.gif

Aggie Hoopsfan
02-13-2018, 01:34 PM
Those guys are super rich black guys. Pops not talking about those guys. Also they WERE from ghetto, Pop supposed to continue to allow and celebrate their hood mentality?

Since when is standing up to your opponent when they're clowning you on the court "celebrating their hood mentality". Simmons and Dedmon were both banished last playoffs when they stood up to the Rockets being bitches in a blowout. You could see it coming as soon as it happened.

Same thing for Buckets. Guy is upset about having to sit behind others not performing, so off he goes while scrubs like Mills get $50 million because they keep their mouths shut and suck up to Pop.

Trill Clinton
02-13-2018, 01:34 PM

what part of the east side are you from?

elbamba
02-13-2018, 01:35 PM

True. Its like they wanted it to fail.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:36 PM
He got paid and was guaranteed more touches. That was the difference between him re-signing or bolting.

We don't have a big enough sample size to come to any conclusions yet, but I too fear the Kawhiso and LM-ahTouches combination isn't one that will win it all simply because LMA in particular really needs the ball to be effective.

Maybe not but he still stayed. These clowns keep acting like SA is LA!

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:38 PM
True. Its like they wanted it to fail.

FYI, most stadiums/arenas aren’t on the best sides of most towns.......lots of red tape! But you knew that I’m sure....

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:40 PM
what part of the east side are you from?

Use to live off Cherry and you?

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:42 PM
Grew up on Charcliffe early on

Trill Clinton
02-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Use to live off Cherry and you?

northeast for me but i spent a lot of my hoodrat years on the eastside. a lot of my family went to sam houston.

elbamba
02-13-2018, 01:44 PM
FYI, most stadiums/arenas aren’t on the best sides of most towns.......lots of red tape! But you knew that I’m sure....

They usually aren't in the worst parts either.

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:50 PM

You come to Atlanta, better clutch your wallet!

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 01:53 PM

Let me recant; some facilities. Not uncommon is what I should have said. You got it

Killakobe81
02-13-2018, 02:12 PM
Pop has his faults, including a huge ego ...
Still a Mt Rushmore NBA coach who still collecting wins without his best player ...
Kerr is just as liberal as Pop and he still won 2 of last 3 chips

DeRozan m8
02-13-2018, 02:23 PM
Pop and his idols feeding the race issue, as usual.

cd98
02-13-2018, 02:37 PM
:lol no, not really

Hey man, I respect your European world view. But I think it is a European world view.

DAF86
02-13-2018, 02:43 PM

On what do you base to say such egocentric shit, tbh? :lol

cd98
02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
TBH, racist is a charged word. I don't know what it even means anymore. The US is the most diverse country in the world. Because there are people from everywhere in the world, it stands to reason that there would be and will always be some level of racism. I used to live in Dallas and the city, which I think is unintentional, appeared to be split into different sections depending on the language you spoke. There was a part where mostly people from India lived; a part where different divisions of Asian people lived; a place where African Americans lived; a place where WASPs lived; and a place where Hispanics lived. No one divided up the town; it's just that people went where they were comfortable, and race plays a big part of where you feel comfortable.

People come here with their own biases and develop new biases. The idea that someday that won't exist on some level is a fool's paradise. But we mostly get along despite the racial biases we all have here. I get Pop's need to call attention to improve those relations, but he should also acknowledge the great amount of assimulation that happens here as well. Seems like he's just an old man that just wants to complain.

cd98
02-13-2018, 02:51 PM

It's b/c they teach us manifest destiny when we are kids. It's ingrained. But I've been to Argentina. They also think they have the best country. In Paraguay they joke that a great way to make money is to buy an Argentine for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. You could say the same for the U.S.

vy65
02-13-2018, 03:04 PM

Reports at the time of the trade were that CP3 to the Rockets was a forgone conclusion and that the Spurs never had a chance of getting him. Doesn't sound like PATFO did their diligence and we got Pau's awful contract as a result.

Your question was: is Pop doing a good job. Giving out those contracts is part of his job. As is managing the relationship with his A#1 player. I don't know why you don't give a fuck about reported tension with Kawhi - that's the one player who you can't afford to lose.

I'm happy to give him credit for things he's done well, i.e., LMA. But to me that's far outweighed by the fuckups. My point is that you're giving way too much credit to meaningless records like 50 wins and seeing the writing on the wall. He's been at the helm for 20+ years. It's only natural that he'd eventually fall off.

DAF86
02-13-2018, 03:08 PM
It's b/c they teach us manifest destiny when we are kids. It's ingrained. But I've been to Argentina. They also think they have the best country. In Paraguay they joke that a great way to make money is to buy an Argentine for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth. You could say the same for the U.S.

Funny thing is that those same retards that think Argentina is the best country in the World are the same idiots that say Argentina is a shitty country when they are mad. :lol They are just that: retards that think that a thing such as "the best country in the World" exists.

At least, down here that shit isn't institutionalized as it is in the US. Folks on TV and movies just sput that thing around: "we are the best country in the World" like it wasn't a fucking moronic thing to say. :lol

Atl Spur
02-13-2018, 03:34 PM
TBH, racist is a charged word. I don't know what it even means anymore. The US is the most diverse country in the world. Because there are people from everywhere in the world, it stands to reason that there would be and will always be some level of racism. I used to live in Dallas and the city, which I think is unintentional, appeared to be split into different sections depending on the language you spoke. There was a part where mostly people from India lived; a part where different divisions of Asian people lived; a place where African Americans lived; a place where WASPs lived; and a place where Hispanics lived. No one divided up the town; it's just that people went where they were comfortable, and race plays a big part of where you feel comfortable.

People come here with their own biases and develop new biases. The idea that someday that won't exist on some level is a fool's paradise. But we mostly get along despite the racial biases we all have here. I get Pop's need to call attention to improve those relations, but he should also acknowledge the great amount of assimulation that happens here as well. Seems like he's just an old man that just wants to complain.

Racism or racist agendas usually are depicted in policies/laws; prejudices are personal in my opinion. I’m ok with those individuals that have different opinions from me ( gives me a chance to grow and be a better person ) but those who incite division & hate are purveyors of discord. Put yourself in another persons shoes...... easy to sit on the sideline. Not one Oncology patient I was privileged to help treat could remotely care on this trivial stuff while fighting for their life! Don’t let real life have to happen before you check yourself. Health and Time has a way humbling all!

cd98
02-13-2018, 03:37 PM
Funny thing is that those same retards that think Argentina is the best country in the World are the same idiots that say Argentina is a shitty country when they are mad. :lol They are just that: retards that think that a thing such as "the best country in the World" exists.

At least, down here that shit isn't institutionalized as it is in the US. Folks on TV and movies just sput that thing around: "we are the best country in the World" like it wasn't a fucking moronic thing to say. :lol

What's interesting is that the people who immigrate here from other countries often adopt the "America is the best country in the world" mantra too. Not all, but most do. My dad is a legal immigrant and has been here for some 45+ years and he'll tell you that America is the greatest country in the world, though he loves his country of origin too. But at the end of the day, it's all opinion and based on patriotism. The people that you call morons are mostly keenly aware that while they think America is the greatest country in the world, they recognize that others don't feel the same way. The idea that everyone walks around here talking about how great our country is...is really a stereotype from the rest of the world. Most people extolling how great the country is change their opinions depending on what political party is in the White House. And that's true for both Republicans and Democrats.

TheyCallMePro
02-13-2018, 03:40 PM
And he hired Becky to prove he's not sexist. He's got all his bases covered.

She's been sitting behind the bench for 2 years. Doesn't even get to come on the court and participate in any of the discussions. Basically a cheerleader. If anything, it's more a slap in the face instead of having a base covered. Liberal media won't touch it though.

DPG21920
02-13-2018, 03:40 PM

There is a lot to base it off of. USA being the greatest does not make other countries bad. There are many things that other countries do that are better than what USA does.

However, there is a reason why you see not only Americans with this mindset, but why so many people around the world work so hard to get to America.

DAF86
02-13-2018, 03:45 PM
What's interesting is that the people who immigrate here from other countries often adopt the "America is the best country in the world" mantra too. Not all, but most do. My dad is a legal immigrant and has been here for some 45+ years and he'll tell you that America is the greatest country in the world, though he loves his country of origin too. But at the end of the day, it's all opinion and based on patriotism. The people that you call morons are mostly keenly aware that while they think America is the greatest country in the world, they recognize that others don't feel the same way. the idea that everyone walks around here talking about how great our country is...is really a stereotype from the rest of the world. Most people extolling how great the country is change their opinions depending on what political party is in the White House. And that's true for both Republicans and Democrats.

Maybe, but you have to recognise that this shit about being "the greatest country in the World" is a lot more evidente on the US than in any other place. You won't ever hear acamedic people like journalists or politicians say that shit so freely on TV, like it happens in the US, without being laughed at.

Even artists and journalists that I respect a lot have said that shit at least one time on their lives and you can't help but cringe when you hear it.

DAF86
02-13-2018, 03:46 PM
[/b]There is a lot to base it off of.[/b] USA being the greatest does not make other countries bad. There are many things that other countries do that are better than what USA does.

However, there is a reason why you see not only Americans with this mindset, but why so many people around the world work so hard to get to America.

Such as? :lol

spurraider21
02-13-2018, 03:47 PM
Pop should get coach of the year consideration for his work this season. So much adversity, moving parts all year, having the courage to speak out against the most powerful man on the planet... it's all incredible.

cd98
02-13-2018, 04:00 PM
Maybe, but you have to recognise that this shit about being "the greatest country in the World" is a lot more evidente on the US than in any other place. You won't ever hear acamedic people like journalists or politicians say that shit so freely on TV, like it happens in the US, without being laughed at.

Even artists and journalists that I respect a lot have said that shit at least one time on their lives and you can't help but cringe when you hear it.

Eh, I don't begrudge people's patriotism. It never bothers me, I guess, whether it comes from America or elsewhere. I'm more annoyed by people that always rip on the countries of others. I don't get it. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in South America, and particularly Paraguay, the poorest or 2nd poorest country in S.A. But they love their country and I'm all for that.

Brunodf
02-13-2018, 04:08 PM

I mean saying that the greatest is actually some small European country that u can only enter if you're rich wouldn't go well on TV tbh. ..

spurs10
02-13-2018, 04:09 PM
There are those that want to normalize racism and those that suddenly feel emboldened by seeing this. Strangely this is what it will take to energize people to stand up against this backward behavior. I agree with Pop, as usual. A good and decent man.

Kool Bob Love
02-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Pop should get coach of the year consideration for his work this season. So much adversity, moving parts all year, having the courage to speak out against the most powerful man on the planet... it's all incredible.

Suck it easy clown.

koriwhat
02-13-2018, 05:17 PM

:tu

gospursgojas
02-13-2018, 06:20 PM
Since when is standing up to your opponent when they're clowning you on the court "celebrating their hood mentality". Simmons and Dedmon were both banished last playoffs when they stood up to the Rockets being bitches in a blowout. You could see it coming as soon as it happened.

Same thing for Buckets. Guy is upset about having to sit behind others not performing, so off he goes while scrubs like Mills get $50 million because they keep their mouths shut and suck up to Pop.

I agree with everything in your response. I was simply stating (from your prior post) it has nothing to do with being from ghetto. Pop is making a political statement about racism in America- he should be making a statement about why Kawhi is being a bitch about playing thru thigh pain.

tholdren
02-13-2018, 06:25 PM
I agree with everything in your response. I was simply stating (from your prior post) it has nothing to do with being from ghetto. Pop is making a political statement about racism in America- he should be making a statement about why Kawhi is being a bitch about playing thru thigh pain.

Yep. Deflection.

Down Under
02-13-2018, 06:37 PM
America is a great country - picturesque (outside a lot of the cities), the people are generally very friendly (despite the rhetoric), music, sport, the arts, etc, but with a terrible society IMO.

duncan2k5
02-13-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't see ppl from Spain, France, Norway, Singapore, Canada, etc clamoring to get the the US... They are good where they're at... Matter of fact, all those countries rank higher on the happiness index... Have better Healthcare, etc... This America is the greatest country stuff is propaganda so the masses don't ask for change from the status quo...

UZER
02-13-2018, 06:45 PM
There are those that want to normalize racism and those that suddenly feel emboldened by seeing this. Strangely this is what it will take to energize people to stand up against this backward behavior. I agree with Pop, as usual. A good and decent man.

Pop needs to be worrying about figuring out Kawhi / LMA. 3 years in and it still looks like day one.

baseline bum
02-13-2018, 07:52 PM

1. We have the best missiles
2. not sure

ElNono
02-13-2018, 08:45 PM

1. Big guns
2. Overpopulation of fake titties.
3. Not a monarchy.
4. Not a theocracy.
5. All of the above.

spurraider21
02-13-2018, 09:20 PM
1. Big guns
2. Overpopulation of fake titties.
3. Not a monarchy.
4. Not a theocracy.
5. All of the above.
https://media.giphy.com/media/ylyUQlSKrT5rwoP2wg/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Capt Bringdown
02-13-2018, 09:59 PM
Pop has lost the plot, full stop.
Like anyone cares what a fucking basketball coach thinks.

tholdren
02-13-2018, 10:43 PM
Pop has lost the plot, full stop.
Like anyone cares what a fucking basketball coach thinks.

This. As someone with money, no responsibility, or stress, its pretty easy to be smug and point out the ills of the minority of the country

Brunodf
02-14-2018, 01:00 AM
Another game with a great message : KA and Mills shouldn't be on the floor together

Brazil
02-14-2018, 04:52 AM
Hey man, I respect your European world view. But I think it is a European world view.

it is an european view when I laugh at the idea of US being the best country in the world or saying US is best at being fat ? :lol

Brazil
02-14-2018, 04:56 AM
There is a lot to base it off of. USA being the greatest does not make other countries bad. There are many things that other countries do that are better than what USA does.

u so silly tbh :lol

I work so hard to not have to work in America... I lived a bit everywhere and I fucking hate America that is for me one of the worst country where I could live

:lol dinner at 5 pm
:lol no friends
:lol biggots
:lol police everywhere
:lol hiding your beer in a paper bag
:lol fast food culture
:lol wasting food
:lol etc...

Stand
02-14-2018, 10:25 AM

Putting a man on the moon.
Creating the internet.
Creating cell phones.
The personal computer.
Trans-Oceanic communications.
Nuclear reactor.
Ect, ect.

We certainly have our faults, but I can tell you that the fingerprints of America go a lot deeper than any other country.

Stand
02-14-2018, 10:32 AM

I work so hard to not have to work in America... I lived a bit everywhere and I fucking hate America that is for me one of the worst country where I could live

When your country can manage an Olympics that doesn't involve people swimming through sewage water then you can talk to us about how "great" your country is.

bic50
02-14-2018, 10:42 AM
Nah......he should keep talking. Soldiers like myself served so he could speak his truth which can actually backed up by facts.
So you served and were willing to kill and die for a country that's racist?

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2018, 11:00 AM

Yeah, I think the days of people working hard to get to America are over. Trump has killed any positive notion of wanting to live there. It's not longer this american dream utopia foreigners used to think it was.

Amuseddaysleeper
02-14-2018, 11:01 AM
When your country can manage an Olympics that doesn't involve people swimming through sewage water then you can talk to us about how "great" your country is.

He's french, actually. And thinks Messi > Ronaldo :tu

Stand
02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
He's french, actually. And thinks Messi > Ronaldo :tu

Even better. A guy whose country has 9,000 American soldiers buried in talking about how bad of a country we are on an American forum about an American basketball team.

cd98
02-14-2018, 11:11 AM
it is an european view when I laugh at the idea of US being the best country in the world or saying US is best at being fat ? :lol

It's more a general smugness towards the US. I've just had too many experiences traveling abroad and having a European sit next to me, and unsolicited, begin to tell me how horrible my country is. And they rip on American tourists...

cd98
02-14-2018, 11:14 AM
Creating the internet.
Creating cell phones.
The personal computer.
Nuclear reactor.
Ect, ect.

We certainly have our faults, but I can tell you that the fingerprints of America go a lot deeper than any other country.

Liberating Europe from Nazi control. Sorry to the non-Americans, but all I see is Euros and Argies ripping on US. I guess I'm missing the Spurstalk posters ripping on Europe and South America.

Stand
02-14-2018, 11:22 AM
Liberating Europe from Nazi control. Sorry to the non-Americans, but all I see is Euros and Argies ripping on US. I guess I'm missing the Spurstalk posters ripping on Europe and South America.

Back to back world war champs!

Stand
02-14-2018, 11:31 AM
It's more a general smugness towards the US. I've just had too many experiences traveling abroad and having a European sit next to me, and unsolicited, begin to tell me how horrible my country is. And they rip on American tourists...

It's purely a resentment thing. The rest of the world is somewhat impotent when it comes to controlling us and that leads to hard feelings. So they parrot the American tourist stereotype because that goes hand in hand with us throwing our weight around. The fact that we could generally not even give a shit what goes on in there countries just adds to the internet rage.

Brazil
02-14-2018, 11:39 AM

:lol you are a clown tbh...

when your country can manage not having two rivers within the top 15 of most polluted river in the world (Cuyahoga and mississippi) or not being the biggest reason why 10 M tons of plastic ends up in the pacific ocean every year then you can lecture third world countries about pollution... dumb fuck

on a side note I'm not Brazilian but nice try bro

spursistan
02-14-2018, 11:49 AM

Gotta admit one of the biggest causes of widespread obesity in the US. Niggas be ordering 16 inch Dominos' pizzas by 9 PM :lol..

bic50
02-14-2018, 12:03 PM

when your country can manage not having two rivers within the top 15 of most polluted river in the world (Cuyahoga and mississippi) or not being the biggest reason why 10 M tons of plastic ends up in the pacific ocean every year then you can lecture third world countries about pollution... dumb fuck

I'm sure the last time the u.s hosted the olympics the Olympic pools were perfectly fine.

Brazil
02-14-2018, 12:06 PM
Creating the internet.
Creating cell phones.
The personal computer.
Nuclear reactor.
Ect, ect.

:lol fingerprint

who is here talking about legacy ?

DAF86
02-14-2018, 12:08 PM
Creating the internet.
Creating cell phones.
The personal computer.
Nuclear reactor.
Ect, ect.

And? That entails you to say you are the greatest country in the World? :lol

Brazil
02-14-2018, 12:40 PM
I'm sure the last time the u.s hosted the olympics the Olympic pools were perfectly fine.

smh...

Rio pools were perfectly fine too, dat dude stand was talking about the bay of guanabara

Stand
02-14-2018, 12:42 PM

Are you using a list from 1960 or something because the Cuyahoga isn't even in the top ten in the US. As to the Mississippi, that's primarily agricultural runoff and stormwater/wastewater overflow. Which is what it is. And I'll go throw two trash bags full of plastic into the river tonight and hopefully once it hits the Atlantic it will drift over to the French coast.

I'd go look up French pollution, but really I could care less about your third world country. Don't worry though, we will be there to take back your country the next time you lose it or when you need us to stop a terrorist attack on a train.

Stand
02-14-2018, 12:43 PM

Let's hear what was wrong with them then.

UZER
02-14-2018, 12:47 PM
And? That entails you to say you are the greatest country in the World? :lol

Every country says they're the greatest country is the world, even that shithole Haiti. It's just national pride.

The only difference is, we actually are.

*high five high five*

Brazil
02-14-2018, 12:54 PM
Are you using a list from 1960 or something because the Cuyahoga isn't even in the top ten in the US. As to the Mississippi, that's primarily agricultural runoff and stormwater/wastewater overflow. Which is what it is. And I'll go throw two trash bags full of plastic into the river tonight and hopefully once it hits the Atlantic it will drift over to the French coast.

I'd go look up French pollution, but really I could care less about your third world country. Don't worry though, we will be there to take back your country the next time you lose it or when you need us to stop a terrorist attack on a train.

:lol 1960s nah bro links are from 2015 till 2017 but again nice try
:lol what terrorist attack ?

:lmao oh noes... don't throw a bottle please no

:cry dat France is a third world country come back... :cry u so mean

Stand
02-14-2018, 12:57 PM
:lol fingerprint

who is here talking about legacy ?

I guess you are missing the whole point that innovation on a whole other level happens in this country. We don't just dream about things we do things here. Which has never stopped. That is why we are great and that is why you are here communicating in English about an American basketball team, in an American basketball league, on an American based website that is built on American based infrastructure vs me talking to you in French about how you guys are good in tiddywinks.

Stand
02-14-2018, 01:08 PM
:lol 1960s nah bro links are from 2015 till 2017 but again nice try
:lol what terrorist attack ?

:lmao oh noes... don't throw a bottle please no

:cry dat France is a third world country come back... :cry u so mean

Let me break this down for you as your google-fu (Merica, again) seems lacking, Cuyahoga was the river that started the environmental movement in this country. American's tend to not like seeing their rivers catch on fire and so, shocker, we worked at cleaning it up. It still has areas of pollution, but that is going to happen anywhere near a city here just based off of runoff alone.

How quickly you go from plastic rage to indifference. I know those big french surrender tears are flowing, but you can try and front if it makes you feel better.

Stand
02-14-2018, 01:14 PM
And they made a whole movie about the terrorist attack. The 15:17 to Paris. No doubt it will be in a French movie theatre real soon.

DAF86
02-14-2018, 01:25 PM
Every country says they're the greatest country is the world, even that shithole Haiti. It's just national pride.

*high five high five*

Not really. Argentinians are known for being very proud and abnoxious people, yet you don't really hear that thing over here. Much less on TV.

Spursmania
02-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Just basketball please. Thank you Pop.

Brazil
02-14-2018, 02:09 PM
I guess you are missing the whole point that innovation on a whole other level happens in this country. We don't just dream about things we do things here. Which has never stopped. That is why we are great and that is why you are here communicating in English about an American basketball team, in an American basketball league, on an American based website that is built on American based infrastructure vs me talking to you in French about how you guys are good in tiddywinks.

:lmao "we don't just dream about things we do things" oh boy :lmao

For the rest I'm quite educated so yeah I can speak English but I also speak French, Portuguese and Spanish... how many languages can you speak bro ? Finally sorry but you lost me, the fact I speak English about blablabla means what exactly ? what's your point bro ? america is great because there is internet and I talk about an american basketball league ?

:lmao

Brazil
02-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Let me break this down for you as your google-fu (Merica, again) seems lacking, Cuyahoga was the river that started the environmental movement in this country. American's tend to not like seeing their rivers catch on fire and so, shocker, we worked at cleaning it up. It still has areas of pollution, but that is going to happen anywhere near a city here just based off of runoff alone.

How quickly you go from plastic rage to indifference. I know those big french surrender tears are flowing, but you can try and front if it makes you feel better.

the fact 'Murica :cry has two rivers in top 15 or even 50 most polluted rivers in the world is a disgrace

the fact the best country in the world 'Murica is the biggest polluter in the world and does not give a shit about it is a disgrace

the fact you think your fucking country is the greatest is a disgrace

the fact you are behaving like an arrogant prick toward third world countries knowing you probably a poorly educated red neck is a disgrace

the fact 'Murica elected the biggest dumbass on earth as president is a disgrace

weeks
02-14-2018, 05:21 PM
http://i67.tinypic.com/makpqd.jpg

Clipper Nation
02-14-2018, 07:14 PM

Poop is right. When Matt Bonner can hold down a roster spot on the Spurs for a decade while guys like SJax, Simmons and Dedmon are run out of town, it just shows how much this country needs to improve on racial issues.

Brazil
02-14-2018, 07:59 PM
19 dead today in the best country of the world... beautiful tbh...

:cry but but the moon :cry the internet :cry the fast food :cry the mc do :cry greatest country

SupremeGuy
02-14-2018, 08:10 PM

:cry but but the moon :cry the internet :cry the fast food :cry the mc do :cry greatest country

:lmaoAren't there migrants shitting on the streets in france right now?

spurraider21
02-14-2018, 08:16 PM
hm, if i call them muslim, i'll sound prejudiced, so i'll just say migrant even though everybody knows exactly what i'm referring to

Atl Spur
02-14-2018, 08:23 PM

*high five high five*

I actually like Haiti ; has a rich history. I also like the U.S.A ........ you can do both if you choose to. 17 people were killed today in one of our high schools and still some clowns still keeping up an act! Sad day when the adults on message boards are still craving for acceptance.

MultiTroll
02-14-2018, 08:32 PM
Poop is right. When Matt Bonner can hold down a roster spot on the Spurs for a decade while guys like SJax, Simmons and Dedmon are run out of town, it just shows how much this country needs to improve on racial issues.
Rack it.

TimDunkem
02-14-2018, 08:39 PM

Damn. :lol

SnakeBoy
02-14-2018, 08:41 PM
Getting really tired of this affirmative action shit with Mills when we could have had Beli.

Figures you wouldn't care about the plight of aboriginal people.

UZER
02-14-2018, 08:56 PM
I actually like Haiti ; has a rich history. I also like the U.S.A ........ you can do both if you choose to. 17 people were killed today in one of our high schools and still some clowns still keeping up an act! Sad day when the adults on message boards are still craving for acceptance.

Yeah, that's it.

Stand
02-14-2018, 09:56 PM

That is very classy of you.

Stand
02-14-2018, 10:00 PM
:lmao "we don't just dream about things we do things" oh boy :lmao

For the rest I'm quite educated so yeah I can speak English but I also speak French, Portuguese and Spanish... how many languages can you speak bro ? Finally sorry but you lost me, the fact I speak English about blablabla means what exactly ? what's your point bro ? america is great because there is internet and I talk about an american basketball league ?

I speak one and it is the only one I care to learn. And if you are so educated then why do you need me to spell things out for you?

Stand
02-14-2018, 10:06 PM
the fact 'Murica :cry has two rivers in top 15 or even 50 most polluted rivers in the world is a disgrace

the fact the best country in the world 'Murica is the biggest polluter in the world and does not give a shit about it is a disgrace

the fact you think your fucking country is the greatest is a disgrace

the fact you are behaving like an arrogant prick toward third world countries knowing you probably a poorly educated red neck is a disgrace

the fact 'Murica elected the biggest dumbass on earth as president is a disgrace

Sounds like I hit a nerve. I have got a box of tissues for you if you need them.

Stand
02-14-2018, 10:08 PM
Aren't there migrants shitting on the streets in france right now?

If you are talking about Paris it has always looked that dirty.

cd98
02-14-2018, 11:16 PM

Not a very impressive response. I don’t think people here gloated each time France was hit by terrorist attacks the last few years.

Atl Spur
02-15-2018, 01:30 AM
Yeah, that's it.

Just do better.

Brazil
02-15-2018, 07:44 AM
I speak one and it is the only one I care to learn.

of course you don't care bro, you are a poorly educated red neck who never traveled outside the US and thinks US is the greatest country on earth :lmao

Brazil
02-15-2018, 07:45 AM
I don’t think people here gloated each time France was hit by terrorist attacks the last few years.

oh yes they did and more than once, try again

Brazil
02-15-2018, 07:50 AM
Sounds like I hit a nerve. I have got a box of tissues for you if you need them.

apparently I'm the one who hit a nerve bro

look at you miserable pos with 100 posts on this board since 2004 crawling like a motherfucker at each and every one of my posts :lol the past 48 hours you posted more about me than during 13 years of your ST life :lol

BackHome
02-15-2018, 11:21 AM
Brazil that is fucked Up laughing at 17 children being killed. Dude I respect you as a long time poster you should not lower yourself to act and write this way.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 12:04 PM
Brazil that is fucked Up laughing at 17 children being killed. Dude I respect you as a long time poster you should not lower yourself to act and write this way.

Nobody is laughing at death children. What is laughable, though, is that the "greatest country in the World" won't do anything about its gun control policies, despite clear evidence all around the World about it working, just because of something thast was written like a million years ago.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 12:13 PM
Nobody is laughing at death children. What is laughable, though, is that the "greatest country in the World" won't do anything about its gun control policies, despite clear evidence all around the World about it working, just because of something thast was written like a million years ago.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.3b6a49fc1f5a

Yeah the evidence is "clear".:lmao

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Won't be long before people are 3d printing guns on the regular.

"I'll take the ineffective gun control, please.":lol

DAF86
02-15-2018, 12:31 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/i-used-to-think-gun-control-was-the-answer-my-research-told-me-otherwise/2017/10/03/d33edca6-a851-11e7-92d1-58c702d2d975_story.html?utm_term=.3b6a49fc1f5a

Yeah the evidence is "clear".:lmao

I love how she tries to sell the article as an objective stats related one but then goes on making subjectives conjectures about why she thinks stricter gun regulations wouldn't work. :lol

The only hard cold fact I could find was this:

Australia and Great Britain made extensive changes in gun policy in response to mass shootings two decades ago, and there has only been one mass shooting in either place since.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
"And it’s unclear what would work best to prevent gun terrorism (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths-terrorism/) or mass shootings (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths-mass-shootings/), two related categories of gun death that are relatively small but receive outsize attention."

From the 538 article linked in the article. "It's so clear".:lol

Stand
02-15-2018, 12:48 PM
of course you don't care bro, you are a poorly educated red neck who never traveled outside the US and thinks US is the greatest country on earth :lmao

Usually, when you have gone on and on about how educated and smart you are on the internet you are compensating for some inadequacy or you are full of shit, but I can play along if I must. I was born in Europe, thankfully to Americans (who were incidentally were having to stand guard for you clowns during the cold war), and I am certain that I've spent a great deal more time in Europe alone than you have ever spent in the US. I've lived, traveled, and worked all across this big old world. Hell I've even done it with a bald eagle on my shoulder and a gun in my hand. So yeah, no other country compares. If I want to go shoot a god damn moose from a helicopter I can in this SOB. Any other questions about my time outside of the US?

As to being a "red neck." Well, it's true that I do work outside quite a bit, but that is usually pretty standard for someone with a natural resource education who is working in a natural resource/land management job for the gov-ment. I've forgotten more about river remediation than you will ever know. So there is that. And if the price for American dominance is some river pollution and that we are not as "happy" as some places, well I can live with that. You can to because you don't have a choice. hahaha

Stand
02-15-2018, 12:52 PM
apparently I'm the one who hit a nerve bro

look at you miserable pos with 100 posts on this board since 2004 crawling like a motherfucker at each and every one of my posts :lol the past 48 hours you posted more about me than during 13 years of your ST life :lol

Having to go to the post count? hahaha That is practically waving the white flag. Pathetic.

Oh my bad, I forgot you were French for a second.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 12:56 PM
"The victims of fatal shootings are diverse, as are the reasons for their deaths, but the national conversation doesn’t allow for much complexity. And that means that for all the grief and haranguing and calls to action, we’re likely missing opportunities to bring that number down."

"But it's so clear.":lol

Ultimately pushing ineffective solutions which forces the other side to defend their national right is what prevents us from getting to effective solutions.

Thinking you are part of the solution but actually a part of the problem.:lol

DAF86
02-15-2018, 12:59 PM
"And it’s unclear what would work best to prevent gun terrorism (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths-terrorism/) or mass shootings (https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/gun-deaths-mass-shootings/), two related categories of gun death that are relatively small but receive outsize attention."

What about doing the same thing that caused Britain and Australia to have one combined mass shooting since then? It's not like you can't go back on that decision once you made it. Try it for a while, if shit doesn't change you can go back to how things were, tbh.

Stand
02-15-2018, 01:05 PM
Gun control? No, thanks. This guy likes having the ability to return fire. I imagine there are one or two European folks who wished they had that ability in the last few years.

Stand
02-15-2018, 01:08 PM
What about doing the same thing that caused Britain and Australia to have one combined mass shooting since then? It's not like you can't go back on that decision once you made it. Try it for a while, if shit doesn't change you can go back to how things were, tbh.

Did stringent gun control policies stop the Paris attacks?

DAF86
02-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Did stringent gun control policies stop the Paris attacks?

No, did looser gun control stop 9/11?

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 01:15 PM

So it went from "clear" to "let's try this and see if it works". Gun death in mass shootings is small. I'm not going to ban automobiles because people want to blow through a crowd in them. Also there are 300mil guns you can't just try that. Especially because in reality people will be willing to lose their lives to defend their right of gun ownership.

You can make bombs in your kitchen. In the future it will easy to 3d print guns. Gun control is short sighted and ineffective. Especially compared to other solutions that don't get attention because nuanced solutions aren't divisive enough. We have to have an us vs them. My solution is "clear" you guys are "idiots".

DAF86
02-15-2018, 01:21 PM
So it went from "clear" to "let's try this and see if it works". Gun death in mass shootings is small. I'm not going to ban automobiles because people want to blow through a crowd in them. Also there are 300mil guns you can't just try that. Especially because in reality people will be willing to lose their lives to defend their right of gun ownership.

You can make bombs in your kitchen. In the future it will easy to 3d print guns. Gun control is short sighted and ineffective. Especially compared to other solutions that don't get attention because nuanced solutions aren't divisive enough. We have to have an us vs them. My solution is "clear" you guys are "idiots".

All I know is that in countries where there's stricter gun control policies mass-shootings are almost once in a lifetime event. In the US, it feels like once per month.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 01:23 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Switzerland

"Firearms legislation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws) in Switzerland (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Switzerland) is comparatively liberal, more similar to gun politics in the United States (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_politics_in_the_United_States) than to that in most European Union (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union) countries."

https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/safest-countries-in-the-world.html

Switzerland safer than Australia and Britian.:wow

It's...it's... clear though. Take away all the guns. Is there potential consequences of that? I don't know(potential consequences have not been considered) the solution is too clear to ignore.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 01:27 PM
Comparing countries of 8 million people to countries of 30/60 million. :lol

Mikeanaro
02-15-2018, 01:31 PM
Guys this is enough, just grab some guns an blow your fucking heads off...

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 01:38 PM
Comparing homogeneous islands with 30/60mil people to diverse non-island countries with 330+mil people.:lol

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 01:44 PM
24mil(Australia) is only 3 times Switzerland's population. 330mil(America) is nearly 14 times Australia's population. That is the comparison you've been running with all day. :lmao

DAF86
02-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Comparing homogeneous islands with 30/60mil people to diverse non-island countries with 330+mil people.:lol

Actually, I'm compraing homogeneous islands of 30/60 million people with looser gun control policies to homogeneous islands of 30/60 millions people with stricter gun control policies.

Stand
02-15-2018, 01:52 PM
No, did looser gun control stop 9/11?

And we hired quite a few more armed Sky Marshals after that. How about this one, London terrorist attack last year. The attack went on for eight mins with four unarmed officers being hurt. The attack ends in 20 secs of armed officers arriving on the scene. Bad guys will do bad things even if they can't get guns. Being stabbed or run over doesn't make people any less dead.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 01:57 PM
No, you've been comparing other countries to the US.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 02:05 PM

This is the outsized attention for the relatively small amount of deaths that 538 is speaking about.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 02:09 PM
Does anyone remember how effective prohibition of alcohol and war on drugs were in America?

DAF86
02-15-2018, 02:19 PM
And we hired quite a few more armed Sky Marshals after that. How about this one, London terrorist attack last year. The attack went on for eight mins with four unarmed officers being hurt. The attack ends in 20 secs of armed officers arriving on the scene. Bad guys will do bad things even if they can't get guns. Being stabbed or run over doesn't make people any less dead.

Police officers should have guns. Armed police officers aren't the same as armed civilians. No matter how crazy of a gun fanatic chances are that civilians either freeze or get overtaken by the situation during a terrorist attack of such magnitude and end up causing even more harm.

And yeah, I agree that if a crazy fuck wants to do damage he will find a way to do it. But it's about making it harder for him, to cause the least damage possible and to prevent the lesser crazy fucks from doing it all-toghether. For example: if a school kid has a psychotic outburst for a moment, if he has a gun in hand he will do damage, if not he won't or at least will do less damage.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 02:24 PM
No, you've been comparing other countries to the US.

Since the beggining I've talked about countries having less mass-shooting incidents since aplying stricter gun regulations. So, I was obviously comparing those countries to themselves before and after stricter gun regulations. And then I suggested that it's somehting the US should consider.

Brazil
02-15-2018, 02:26 PM
Having to go to the post count? hahaha That is practically waving the white flag. Pathetic.

Oh my bad, I forgot you were French for a second.

you're a funny dude, you came at me with the :cry I think I hit a nerve :cry Fact is I put your face in your pee... I'm the one who hit a nerve here... look at you crawling again, you never spent time on this board neither took time to post anything but here you are answering at everything I post.

any other french surrender comeback or you had enough ?

Brazil
02-15-2018, 02:27 PM
blabla As to being a "red neck." Well, it's true , blabla

see ? it was not that hard :lol

cd98
02-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Police officers should have guns. Armed police officers aren't the same as armed civilians. No matter how crazy of a gun fanatic chances are that civilians either freeze or get overtaken by the situation during a terrorist attack of such magnitude and end up causing even more harm.

And yeah, I agree that if a crazy fuck wants to do damage he will find a way to do it. But it's about making it harder for him, to cause the least damage possible and to prevent the lesser crazy fucks from doing it all-toghether. For example: if a school kid has a psychotic outburst for a moment, if he has a gun in hand he will do damage, if not he won't or at least will do less damage.

This kid could have killed just as many people strapping a bomb and detonating it in the cafeteria during lunch hour. Only difference is that he would die, something he was unwilling to do unlike the other mass murdering shooters. I wish their was a gun control measure that would ensure safety. I’ve got kids and this type of thing scares me. But there are no reforms pushed that would’ve stopped this.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 02:53 PM
Does anyone remember how effective prohibition of alcohol and war on drugs were in America?
Do you remember how effective murder laws were with reducing murder? lets repeal any efforts to curb murder

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 02:56 PM
i mean why lock your doors if burglars are still going to break in

cd98
02-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Since the beggining I've talked about countries having less mass-shooting incidents since aplying stricter gun regulations. So, I was obviously comparing those countries to themselves before and after stricter gun regulations. And then I suggested that it's somehting the US should consider.

Just accept that there are not apples to apples comparisons for gun control between the US and the rest of the world. This problem is unique to our country and it will take a unique solution.

It would be like comparing the US economy to Argentina. Sure there are some small similarities, but the factors that make up each economy is so distinct, that say Argentina’s attempt to peg peso was disastrous for Argentina. And I’m not bagging on Argentina, I’m just saying we are looking at apples and oranges in a lot of ways.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 03:00 PM
This kid could have killed just as many people strapping a bomb and detonating it in the cafeteria during lunch hour. Only difference is that he would die, something he was unwilling to do unlike the other mass murdering shooters. I wish their was a gun control measure that would ensure safety. I’ve got kids and this type of thing scares me. But there are no reforms pushed that would’ve stopped this.
why do you think we have many more mass shootings than mass bombings in the US? or mass truck attacks?

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:01 PM
i mean why lock your doors if burglars are still going to break in

True locking your doors is a false sense of security, but gun control is not that simple and this mass shooting problem can’t be cured by banning AR 15s. If you ban them, they will still be accessible just like any drug is accessible on the black market. And telling the banning the psycho kid from school (he was banned) worked about as well as it would’ve worked to ban him from having guns.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 03:03 PM
True locking your doors is a false sense of security, but gun control is not that simple and this mass shooting problem can’t be cured by banning AR 15s. If you ban them, they will still be accessible just like any drug is accessible on the black market. And telling the banning the psycho kid from school (he was banned) worked about as well as it would’ve worked to ban him from having guns.
which is easier to pull off:

walk on a patch of grass that says "dont walk on the grass" or to acquire an illegal weapon. in your experience/estimation?

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:03 PM
On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

Take away the guns.:lol
The solution is clear.:lol

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:04 PM
why do you think we have many more mass shootings than mass bombings in the US? or mass truck attacks?

I don’t know. It’s not so simple. I don’t think terrorists have a hard time getting guns to Europe. I’m sure the ease of access to the US has some basis for mass killings by guns, but running over people with cars is a new thing. I don’t doubt that they day may come that some crazy person drives a car on campus as school gets out and runs over people.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 03:05 PM

I don’t know.
i dont believe you, tbh

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:05 PM
which is easier to pull off:

walk on a patch of grass that says "dont walk on the grass" or to acquire an illegal weapon. in your experience/estimation?

I know I can get any kind of illegal drug I want any time I want if I’m willing to pay for it.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 03:10 PM
I know I can get any kind of illegal drug I want any time I want if I’m willing to pay for it.
non-answer noted

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:11 PM
i dont believe you, tbh

Do you doubt that a high school kid couldn’t jump a curb and start running over people as easy as he could get a gun?

I don’t own and have never owned a gun, but I’ve yet to hear a realistic gun reform that would stop these mass shootings. And honest people advocating for gun control should acknowledge the same thing. Claiming that passing a law banning AR 15s will stop gun violence or even slow it down is far from certain. And doing something to do something is bad reasoning for public policy.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:12 PM
On Nov. 11, 1938, the German minister of the interior issued "Regulations Against Jews Possession of Weapons." Not only were Jews forbidden to own guns and ammunition, they couldn’t own "truncheons or stabbing weapons."

"Mass" shootings are peanuts to the potential consequences of a banning on guns.

Volunteering to be put in the vulnerable position the Jews were forced into strategically.:lmao

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:12 PM
non-answer noted

That is an exact answer. Everything you want, including guns, are available in this country if you look and have the money. I don't think you are naive. I think you know that.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:15 PM

Yeah, because bombs are so easy to get. That's why we often hear about these average joes bombing people left and right. :lol

But yeah, I suppose he could have done that. You know what else he could have done? Just grab a knife or even better forget about the idea alltogether and let the psychotic rage pass.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:16 PM
Do you doubt that a high school kid couldn’t jump a curb and start running over people as easy as he could get a gun?

I don’t own and have never owned a gun, but I’ve yet to hear a realistic gun reform that would stop these mass shootings. And honest people advocating for gun control should acknowledge the same thing. Claiming that passing a law banning AR 15s will stop gun violence or even slow it down is far from certain. And doing something to do something is bad reasoning for public policy.

Jump a curb? You mean just drive through them when they enter the parking lot in mass after school or after a sporting event?

I also do not own any guns.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:17 PM

The fuck does that have to do with anything? Desperate level of reaching, tbh. :lol

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:17 PM
Yeah, because bombs are so easy to get. That's why we often hear about these average joes bombing people left and right. :lol

But yeah, I suppose he could have done that. You know what else he could have done? Just grab a knife or even better forget about the idea alltogether and let the psychotic rage pass.

We had teenagers that put together homemade bombs and detonated them at the Boston Marathon to great affect.

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:20 PM

Lot of things this guy could have done. Unlike most of these mass murderers, he was caught alive so we can at least get some answers of what would drive this aggression. My guess is, as with most of the mass killings in the US, he’s got some significant psychological problems.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:21 PM
The fuck does that have to do with anything? Desperate level of reaching, tbh. :lol

:wow No wonder the solution is so clear.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 03:22 PM

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Just accept that there are not apples to apples comparisons for gun control between the US and the rest of the world. This problem is unique to our country and it will take a unique solution.

It would be like comparing the US economy to Argentina. Sure there are some small similarities, but the factors that make up each economy is so distinct, that say Argentina’s attempt to peg peso was disastrous for Argentina. And I’m not bagging on Argentina, I’m just saying we are looking at apples and oranges in a lot of ways.

Of course I know you can't compare a country of 30 millions people to a country of 300 million.

I don't expect the mass-shootings to completely disappear in the US with stricter gun regulations since it is such a big country with so many nutjobs in it, but I do think that the number could be deceased considerably.

It's just basic common sense: would stricter gun control prevent some kids on psychotic outbursts from getting a gun and start killing people? Maybe yes, maybe not.

Would leaving things as they are prevent that? Definitely not.

Even if you prevent just 1 out of 10, or even 1 out of 100 mass-shootings it's worth it. That's hundreds and hundreds of innocent lives saved.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:27 PM
We had teenagers that put together homemade bombs and detonated them at the Boston Marathon to great affect.

Yeah, the Boston marathon. What other incidents can you remember?

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:29 PM

False, there are other solutions. So if you left everything the same then of course nothing would change. It's a certainty that you can do other things besides gun control to impact people killing people.

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:31 PM
There wasn’t always an internet that tells you step by step how to make a homemade bomb, but there is now. There are other incidents of bomb making, like the unibomber. But if guns are hard to get ( I don’t think they will ever be for a motivated person, even with strict gun control laws) you’ll see more bombs I guess. It’s not the existence of guns that are motivating these people to kill.

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:31 PM
False, there are other solutions. So if you left everything the same then of course nothing would change. It's a certainty that you can do other things besides gun control to impact people killing people.

For example?

DAF86
02-15-2018, 03:33 PM
There wasn’t always an internet that tells you step by step how to make a homemade bomb, but there is now. There are other incidents of bomb making, like the unibomber. But if guns are hard to get ( I don’t think they will ever be for a motivated person, even with strict gun control laws) you’ll see more bombs I guess. It’s not the existence of guns that are motivating these people to kill.

No, but it is the accessibility to guns which allows them to act on those impulses.

SpursforSix
02-15-2018, 03:33 PM

That kid in Dallas.

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:34 PM
Of course I know you can't compare a country of 30 millions people to a country of 300 million.

I don't expect the mass-shootings to completely disappear in the US with stricter gun regulations since it is such a big country with so many nutjobs in it, but I do think that the number could be deceased considerably.

It's just basic common sense: would stricter gun control prevent some kids on psychotic outbursts from getting a gun and start killing people? Maybe yes, maybe not.

Even if you prevent just 1 out of 10, or even 1 out of 100 mass-shootings it's worth it. That's hundreds and hundreds of innocent lives saved.

Yes but on every gun measure proposed, the own drafters of the legislation admit it won’t stop mass shootings. Politicians just want to be seen as “doing something “ so they aren’t seen as “doing nothing.” It’s bad public policy to pass stuff that restricts citizens’ rights without fixing the problem.

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:36 PM
No, but it is the accessibility to guns which allows them to act on those impulses.

I agree that guns are too accessible here. But if you ban guns, they will still be too accessible here. That’s why are problem is unique.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 03:36 PM
For example?

Greater focus on mental health. Media not giving fame to mass murders. Promotion of things that make us more cohesive as a country(one the reasons I particularly hate protests during the anthem).

cd98
02-15-2018, 03:38 PM
Greater focus on mental health. Media not giving fame to mass murders. Promotion of things that make us more cohesive as a country(one the reasons I particularly hate protests during the anthem).

Yes, but mental health focus still won’t help. We don’t recognize these people as too mentally ill to own a gun until they’ve killed 20 people and then themselves.

Spurtacular
02-15-2018, 03:51 PM
Gregg needs a cause or he might not get his 30 for 30, tbh.

Atl Spur
02-15-2018, 04:04 PM
Gregg needs a cause or he might not get his 30 for 30, tbh.

I think Gregg is gonna be alright; his accomplishments alone will get him an hour with someone. Out of curiosity, what do you contribute that would garner a 30 for 30?

bic50
02-15-2018, 04:13 PM
I think Gregg is gonna be alright; his accomplishments alone will get him an hour with someone. Out of curiosity, what do you contribute that would garner a 30 for 30?
Pop had an unfair advantage to garner those accomplishments. He admitted himself.

cd98
02-15-2018, 04:16 PM

Loss in 2013 and win in 2014 should be and would be an epic 30 for 30.

Atl Spur
02-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Pop had an unfair advantage to garner those accomplishments. He admitted himself.

Was that an answer to my question? Maybe I missed something....... I’ll wait

Stand
02-15-2018, 04:21 PM

There is no factual basis to say that is how all civilians react. None what so ever. The fact is the list of people in this country who have used guns to successfully defend themselves is not a short one and recent history shows us that even unarmed people are willing to confront armed terrorist. When you say gun fantics you have this picture in your mind of a bunch of neckbeards sitting in a bunker drinking beer and telling what they would have done is them "damn towel heads" tried to get them. That couldn't be further from the truth. The vast majority of gun owners in this country are just every day responsible law abiding citizens. Concealed carry ups the bar quite a bit and a lot of people will have a fair amount of range time and training if they decide to go that route. Your weapon is only as good as the person carrying it. FYI most of the guys I work with can out shoot the officers we work with by a great deal.

I totally agree with you that a little screwball kid can do infinitely more damage with a gun. No question, but the guns have always been here and the reality is they are far more difficult to get now than they have ever been. So what's different? From my perspective two parties bear the lions share of the blame. Our media is one of them. We have these media freenzies that to an extent they turn into a sick celebration of the horrendous event. And the louder it gets the more it helps to further purputrate the very idea all the talking heads are condeming. But it isJoe Q public who are ultimately the ones who tune in. It doesn't matter if they are liberal or conservative, they are all watching.

Stand
02-15-2018, 04:25 PM
you're a funny dude, you came at me with the :cry I think I hit a nerve :cry Fact is I put your face in your pee... I'm the one who hit a nerve here... look at you crawling again, you never spent time on this board neither took time to post anything but here you are answering at everything I post.

any other french surrender comeback or you had enough ?

Whatever you have to tell yourself there Mr Really Educated.

Stand
02-15-2018, 04:30 PM
see ? it was not that hard :lol

I am quickly getting the impression that your MO is to avoid avoid avoid so you don't have to actually respond to the conversation. If that is the quite educated method then you might want to kindly ask for your money back.

bic50
02-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Was that an answer to my question? Maybe I missed something....... I’ll wait
His accomplishments don't mean much because he had an unfair 50 yard head start.

Nathan89
02-15-2018, 04:50 PM
His accomplishments don't mean much because he had an unfair 50 yard head start.

Atl Spur
02-15-2018, 05:10 PM

The pop portion of the post was a statement...... no worries though.

Clipper Nation
02-15-2018, 05:24 PM
Poop's accomplishments all seem to involve him being carried by black excellence (Duncan, D-Rob, Kawhi) and getting the credit from Media, tbh.

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Poop's accomplishments all seem to involve him being carried by black excellence (Duncan, D-Rob, Kawhi) and getting the credit from Media, tbh.
conversations about pop turn cn into an sjw :lol

bic50
02-15-2018, 05:42 PM
:bobo