PDA

View Full Version : Liberals Furious That Trump Wants To Replace Food Stamps With Actual Food

ducks
02-15-2018, 12:11 AM
https://www.dailywire.com/news/27089/liberals-furious-trump-wants-replace-food-stamps-joseph-curl?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=062316-news&utm_campaign=dwbrand

Pavlov
02-15-2018, 12:15 AM
Seems like it would cost more and be more wasteful. Convince me otherwise.

boutons_deux
02-15-2018, 12:21 AM
Mulvaney has no concept of the logistics and new BUREAUCRACY required.

btw, highly-processed, dead/preserved, food-like substances Mulvaney wants to deliver to the poor has been associated with increased cancer risk

Chris
02-15-2018, 12:28 AM

Pavlov
02-15-2018, 12:33 AM

Chris
02-15-2018, 12:37 AM

Try reading the article in the OP Pav

Currently, food stamps — known officially as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) — are provided for some 42 million people, 80% of whom get food vouchers each month worth at least $90 per person. They can be redeemed at many stores for food, but the program is rife with abuse.

For example, an Oregon minimart owner was recently sentenced to nearly two years behind bars after being convicted for food stamp fraud totalling $189,000. In that case, prosecutors said the minimart owner allowed his customers to exchange cash for benefits. He charged high prices for food to food stamp recipients’ benefit cards, and then gave them back half the cash.

In January, a Baltimore man was found guilty of fraud involving $1.5 million worth of food stamps. The list goes on and on.

Under the Trump proposal, 80% of all SNAP recipients would get about half of their benefits in the form of a "USDA Foods package," NPR reported. "The package was described in the budget as consisting of 'shelf-stable milk, ready to eat cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned fruit and vegetables.' The boxes would not include fresh fruits or vegetables."

The program would be called "America’s Harvest Box." Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue called it “a bold, innovative approach to providing nutritious food to people who need assistance feeding themselves and their families ― and all of it is home-grown by American farmers and producers.”

Pavlov
02-15-2018, 12:39 AM
Half of their benefits doesn't mean half the cost, Chris.

lol

apalisoc_9
02-15-2018, 12:40 AM

lol

Damn chris...:lol

He got you

Chris
02-15-2018, 12:40 AM

lol

The USDA believes that state governments will be able to deliver this food at much less cost than SNAP recipients currently pay for food at retail stores — thus reducing the overall cost of the SNAP program by $129 billion over the next 10 years. This and other changes in the SNAP program, according to the Trump administration, will reduce the SNAP budget by $213 billion over those years — cutting the program by almost 30 percent.

Pavlov
02-15-2018, 12:46 AM
Delivering food to every house getting aid would be cheaper?

lol

Maybe if they had Bezos do it.

Chris
02-15-2018, 12:46 AM
The USDA believes that state governments will be able to deliver this food at much less cost than SNAP recipients currently pay for food at retail stores — thus reducing the overall cost of the SNAP program by $129 billion over the next 10 years. This and other changes in the SNAP program, according to the Trump administration, will reduce the SNAP budget by $213 billion over those years — cutting the program by almost 30 percent.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/3BouBWz6rL7nq/giphy.gif

lol Pavlov

Pavlov
02-15-2018, 12:48 AM
Took you three tires there, Chris.

lol

DMX7
02-15-2018, 12:54 AM
What percentage of our federal budget is food stamps?

High calorie junk food is certainly cheaper than organic fruits, fresh fish, and other generally healthy type foods so that explains a lot of the popularity of those things. I'm pretty well off but even I am sometimes shocked when I realize how much I've spent on a single trip to Whole Foods.... which also carries plenty of junk food albeit more expensive junk food.

Chris
02-15-2018, 01:00 AM

High calorie junk food is certainly cheaper than organic fruits, fresh fish, and other generally healthy type foods so that explains a lot of the popularity of those things. I'm pretty well off but even I am sometimes shocked when I realize how much I've spent a single trip to Whole Foods.... which also carries plenty of junk food albeit more expensive junk food.

http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/l/121/2018-Estimate#spending&s=47xnQz&st=IaoIVN

SNAPpers are getting only canned goods (vegetables and fruits) not organic produce from H-E-B.

DMX7
02-15-2018, 01:04 AM
http://federal-budget.insidegov.com/l/121/2018-Estimate#spending&s=47xnQz&st=IaoIVN

SNAPpers are getting only canned goods (vegetables and fruits) not organic produce from H-E-B.

I have no clue how it works. Then how are people buying cake and ice cream with food stamps? (I'm thinking about the Rightly News tweet)

boutons_deux
02-15-2018, 01:06 AM

Penny wise and pound foolish: Proposed SNAP budget cuts will reduce outcomes

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/up-front/2018/02/13/penny-wise-and-pound-foolish-proposed-snap-budget-cuts-will-reduce-outcomes/

Mulvaney is just another CATHOLIC Repug sociopath

======================

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

SNAP benefits cost $70.9 billion in fiscal year (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiscal_year) 2016 and supplied roughly 44.2 million Americans (14% of the population)[2] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program#cite_not e-US-Population-2) with an average of $125.51 for each person per month in food assistance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supplemental_Nutrition_Assistance_Program

$125 / 30 = $4 / day so the Welfare Queens and "young bucks" can eat like Kings

Chris
02-15-2018, 01:13 AM
I have no clue how it works. Then how are people buying cake and ice cream with food stamps? (I'm thinking about the Rightly News tweet)

That is what Trump is seeking to eliminate. Impoverished single mothers buying steak and lobster, and a 50 pound bag of Marshmallow Mateys for the kids. Also I believe you can buy cigarettes and things like that in certain states.

DMX7
02-15-2018, 01:18 AM
That is what Trump is seeking to eliminate. Impoverished single mothers buying steak and lobster, and a 50 pound bag of Marshmallow Mateys for the kids. Also I believe you can buy cigarettes and things like that in certain states.

steak and lobster and 50 pound bag marshmallow mateys for the kids on $4 per day?

Chris
02-15-2018, 01:29 AM
steak and lobster and 50 pound bag marshmallow mateys for the kids on $4 per day?

Republican lawmaker wants to ban welfare recipients from buying steak and lobster

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/02/23/republican-lawmaker-wants-to-ban-welfare-recipients-from-buying-steak-and-lobster/?utm_term=.93fb7ceba8f1

boutons_deux
02-15-2018, 07:54 AM
Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)

What Can SNAP Buy?

Last Published: 11/17/2017Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:

Foods for the household to eat, such as:
breads and cereals;
fruits and vegetables;
meats, fish and poultry; and
dairy products.
Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat. :lol

In some areas, restaurants can be authorized to accept SNAP benefits from qualified homeless, elderly, or disabled people in exchange for low-cost meals.

Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:

Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco
Any nonfood items, such as:
pet foods
soaps, paper products
household supplies
Vitamins and medicines
Food that will be eaten in the store
Hot foods

https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/eligible-food-items

Most of the people on public assistance are WHITE, and many are red-county rurals

Reck
02-15-2018, 08:11 AM
Ducks making the thread is ironic. Probably #1 benefit he gets. It'll be taken away but he either doesn't realize it or is happy to have it taken away and have the nanny government tell him what he should eat. :lol

CosmicCowboy
02-15-2018, 08:31 AM
Food direct to recipients has been done before. My dad brought some home in the 60s that someone in the program gave him because they had more than they could possibly use. Cheese and peanut butter. Best damn peanut butter I have ever eaten. Made skippys taste like cardboard. Same with the cheese. That government spec stuff was amazing.

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 09:48 AM
Food direct to recipients has been done before. My dad brought some home in the 60s that someone in the program gave him because they had more than they could possibly use. Cheese and peanut butter. Best damn peanut butter I have ever eaten. Made skippys taste like cardboard. Same with the cheese. That government spec stuff was amazing.

Illegal AF. I grew up eating commodities. I remember getting leftover Desert Storm food. Dyhdrated pork chops. Lots of oatmeal. Canned chicken, beef, etc. Good stuff and it's alot better now. That being said, I think it's rather funny that the popular opinion on ST is to cut back the farm bill but when it's proposed (along with crop insurance) theirs whining from said crowd.

I would love it if the govt overhauled snap, etc with a short list of products like bread, milk, eggs, beans, etc. Available to everyone at grocery stores that there govt would reimburse the store for. There would be no social stigma, no fraud, healthier population, etc. ,

Blake
02-15-2018, 11:10 AM
I think it's rather funny that the popular opinion on ST is to cut back the farm bill but when it's proposed (along with crop insurance) theirs whining from said crowd.

Wut

Chucho
02-15-2018, 11:21 AM
I don't buy into the bullshit of "it would stigmatize" recipients from having to pick up their food. So, whipping out an easily identifiable EBT card or going to the Welfare office doens't do that?

And it doesn't have to be delivered, so that's a crutch argument. Next thing you know, people are going to defend people by stating it's ridiculous to expect people to cook their own meals.

And the $4 per person, multiplied by say four or 5 people is $16-$20 for a full day. You can feed a family of 4-5 dinner with $16-$20, easily if you cook. Spagetti and meat sause, casseroles, porkchops and chicken with a side of veggies...these are meals that can feed everyone well and healthy for $10-$15 and many, many more.

The $4 per day is ASSISTANCE, not their entire food budget unless they are entirely dependent on welfare.

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 11:22 AM
Wut

SNAP and school lunches, etc is funded through agriculture spending bill. My terminology may be incorrect but when people hear what the govt spends on agriculture they think farmer welfare not school lunches and snap.

Blake
02-15-2018, 11:25 AM
SNAP and school lunches, etc is funded through agriculture spending bill. My terminology may be incorrect but when people hear what the govt spends on agriculture they think farmer welfare not school lunches and snap.

Who here wants to cut back on a farm bill

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 11:33 AM
I have a relative that is on snap, along with many other things. The dog and cats drink the milk and other items. She trades (not sells) food for steak, gas, babysitting, etc.

Blake
02-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Who here wants to cut back on a farm bill

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 12:00 PM
Are you wanting me to reference those in this thread that want welfare cut back or are you wanting to bring up those that want crop insurance cut? Guess I'm not grasping if you seriously think there's no one on ST that's NOT for whittling down on ag spending......

Blake
02-15-2018, 12:05 PM
You said it's the popular opinion. I have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking about.

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 12:07 PM
You said it's the popular opinion. I have no idea what you're talking about or who you're talking about.

Is this after you've searched for the past threads talking about farm subsidies and read them or are you wanting me to do that for you?

Blake
02-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Tell you what.....we'll just say you were talking out of your ass and leave it there

sickdsm
02-15-2018, 12:22 PM
Chump, Cosmic Cowboy, Pelican, Borat, Manny, You know what? Fuck it, because you've posted in those threads.

Blake
02-15-2018, 12:30 PM
Lol Manny?

spurraider21
02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
im admittedly not knowledgeable to have any sort of opinion on this... but yeah would be curious to see the cost/benefit analysis of having food delivered to the door. Generally seems like a good idea to have better control over what goods are/aren't made available through subsidies

Blake
02-15-2018, 12:49 PM
Not sure why just cutting things like soda and ribeyes off the list can't be done. Why does it need to be packaged and delivered?

Chucho
02-15-2018, 01:12 PM
Not sure why just cutting things like soda and ribeyes off the list can't be done. Why does it need to be packaged and delivered?

It doesn't need to be delivered. They can come pick it up from a set location, but they worry it might "stigmatize" the recipients.

baseline bum
02-15-2018, 01:14 PM

There is still tons of food stamp fraud at ice houses though. They'll carry SNAP approved goods no one really buys at extremely inflated prices so they can ring up beer and cigarette purchases as food purchases on peoples' Lonestar cards. I would like to see a good portion of SNAP benefits given as actual food. I know you can't do that with fresh veggies and meat so I wouldn't zero out the card benefits, but I would definitely be in favor of the government providing pasta, canned veggies, tomato sauce, beans, cheese, and such directly as opposed to seeing so much of this money going into alcohol and tobacco.

boutons_deux
02-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Why does it need to be packaged and delivered?

gotta be dead food-like pathogenic shit with a long shelf / logistics life, so no fresh food.

Chucho
02-15-2018, 01:47 PM
Give them WIC-type vouchers for their fresh meats and veggies. Done and done.

Still..."it will stigmatize them...":lol

boutons_deux
02-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Why do poor Americans eat so unhealthfully? Because junk food is the only indulgence they can afford

But parents were also constantly bombarded with requests for junk food from their kids. Across households, children asked for foods high in sugar, salt and fat.

While both wealthy and poor kids asked for junk food, the parents responded differently to these pleas.

An overwhelming majority of the wealthy parents told me that they routinely said "no" to requests for junk food.

An overwhelming majority of the wealthy parents told me that they routinely said "no" to requests for junk food.

Next to all the things poor parents truly couldn't afford,

junk food was something they could often say "yes" to.

Poor parents told me they could almost always scrounge up a dollar to buy their kids a can of soda or a bag of chips.

So when poor parents could afford to oblige such requests, they did.

Honoring requests for junk food allowed poor parents to show their children that they loved them, heard them and could meet their needs.

As one low-income single mother told me: "They want it, they'll get it. One day they'll know. They'll know I love them, and that's all that matters."

Junk food purchases not only brought smiles to kids' faces,

but also gave parents something equally vital: a sense of worth and competence as parents in an environment where those feelings were constantly jeopardized.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-singh-food-deserts-nutritional-disparities-20180207-story.html#testnws=politicsnow&track=_newsletter_politics-now___________20180215

Blake
02-15-2018, 03:14 PM
There is still tons of food stamp fraud at ice houses though. They'll carry SNAP approved goods no one really buys at extremely inflated prices so they can ring up beer and cigarette purchases as food purchases on peoples' Lonestar cards. I would like to see a good portion of SNAP benefits given as actual food. I know you can't do that with fresh veggies and meat so I wouldn't zero out the card benefits, but I would definitely be in favor of the government providing pasta, canned veggies, tomato sauce, beans, cheese, and such directly as opposed to seeing so much of this money going into alcohol and tobacco.

They could max value the items.

Been a long time since I was a kid working cashier at heb but I seem to recall that's how it goes with WIC

Blake
02-15-2018, 03:15 PM
Give them WIC-type vouchers for their fresh meats and veggies. Done and done.

Still..."it will stigmatize them...":lol

Bingo. Why didn't Trump think of that

baseline bum
02-15-2018, 03:21 PM
They could max value the items.

Been a long time since I was a kid working cashier at heb but I seem to recall that's how it goes with WIC

They break the items up into smaller packs and sell the small packs for the inflated prices.

Blake
02-15-2018, 03:43 PM
They break the items up into smaller packs and sell the small packs for the inflated prices.

Well yeah that's why you would put a cap on each item.

Like WIC

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 04:28 PM
this has been a long time coming. should've always been this way and not how it is to date. for christs sake you can use an EBT card at jack in the box.

i know a dude my age, still lives his parents in a huge house and is taken care of by them, has no job and never has, wastes his parents money on everything under the moon like consoles and vacations... yet this dude, sporting a prada backpack, has an EBT card. wtf?!

Blake
02-15-2018, 04:30 PM
this has been a long time coming. should've always been this way and not how it is to date. for christs sake you can use an EBT card at jack in the box.

No you can't, dumbass.

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 04:36 PM
No you can't, dumbass.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Clearing-the-air-Does-Jack-in-the-Box-really-5578566.php

under tanf and not snap... still an EBT card!

Reck
02-15-2018, 04:38 PM

Can you actually?

I dont think that's true. I thought the deal was you could only buy frozen goods, bread, milk and shit that's not served hot like you're in some restaurant.

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Can you actually?

I dont think that's true. I thought the deal was you could only buy frozen goods, bread, milk and shit that's not served hot like you're in some restaurant.

i don't know but wish i had an EBT card... i want free shit too! i mean, i scrape by but could be getting free money? free shit?! wtf!?

Blake
02-15-2018, 04:52 PM
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Clearing-the-air-Does-Jack-in-the-Box-really-5578566.php

under tanf and not snap... still an EBT card!

Not food stamps! Which is what this topic is!

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 04:55 PM

sorry i got off topic but still wasn't wrong. either way, it's the poor who need help, which is fine, but they tend to sell off stamps for drugs or just $, trade from the same, and purchase junk with those stamps/card. either way, abuse of the system they shouldn't rely on forever like most do.

Blake
02-15-2018, 04:56 PM
sorry i got off topic but still wasn't wrong.

Lol spinjob.

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Lol spinjob.

if you say so. i claimed you could use an ebt card, you claimed otherwise, i was right but then we went back to semantics.

Blake
02-15-2018, 05:03 PM
if you say so. i claimed you could use an ebt card, you claimed otherwise, i was right but then we went back to semantics.

Uh huh

TeyshaBlue
02-15-2018, 06:22 PM
Foodstamps taste awful, tbh.

koriwhat
02-15-2018, 06:58 PM

that's why they're mostly traded for drugs... if you're going to feel awful you might as well be high!

Spurtacular
02-15-2018, 07:58 PM

:lmao Bomb dropped.

pgardn
02-15-2018, 10:58 PM

And Flossing out those bits of chewed plastic is hell on Earth.

Chucho
02-16-2018, 03:36 PM
Can you actually?

Some Subways and Papa Murphy's here take EBT all day but the sammich can't be heated and Papa Murphy's is a take n bake pizza chain, so they are popular that way here in Cali.

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 03:39 PM
:lmao Bomb dropped.That's pretty easily fixed.

DMC
02-16-2018, 03:44 PM
Im trying to set up home delivery of groceries because i travel so much, and here free food and delivery is being scoffed at.

DMC
02-16-2018, 03:46 PM

you are a lonely little man

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 03:50 PM
Im trying to set up home delivery of groceries because i travel so much, and here free food and delivery is being scoffed at.So the home delivery will cost you money and time to set up?

Hm.

Chucho
02-16-2018, 03:54 PM
Why would the proposed food packages need to be delivered to their homes? They can be delivered to stores or local welfare offices they are already patronizing to either use or receive their food stamps. Eliminates the laughable "stigmatize" defense and the cost of delivering to welfare recipients homes.

DMC
02-16-2018, 04:00 PM
So the home delivery will cost you money and time to set up?

Hm.

of course

DMC
02-16-2018, 04:01 PM
Why would the proposed food packages need to be delivered to their homes? They can be delivered to stores or local welfare offices they are already patronizing to either use or receive their food stamps. Eliminates the laughable "stigmatize" defense and the cost of delivering to welfare recipients homes.

Amazon could do it

Pavlov
02-16-2018, 04:05 PM
of courseOh.

boutons_deux
02-16-2018, 04:38 PM
Were any BigFinance crooks pee-tested for drugs and good nutrition before US govt bailed them out with $Ts?

Chucho
02-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Were any BigFinance crooks pee-tested for drugs and good nutrition before Obama bailed them with $Ts?
FIFY

baseline bum
02-16-2018, 05:50 PM
FIFY

Obama's the one to blame for Paulson's bailout?

koriwhat
02-16-2018, 05:51 PM
i'm always broke... where's my fucking handouts? i want an EBT card!

boutons_deux
02-16-2018, 05:58 PM

Bush/Paulson proposed the bailout, Congress approved it, before Obama was President.

BigFinance's ATM, the Fed, bailed out, under the table, BigFinance, including European Banks like criminal Deutsche Bank, by $Ts more than the $900B that was approved, and not spent fully, by Congress.

bitch, be slapped

Chris
02-16-2018, 06:00 PM

You need to have 4 kids and be a single parent first, then we will send you lots of stuff!

Chucho
02-16-2018, 06:11 PM

Tongue in cheek, but fwiw, he approved it.

Spurtacular
02-16-2018, 07:30 PM
That's pretty easily fixed.

Enlighten us.

Spurtacular
02-16-2018, 07:32 PM
Some Subways and Papa Murphy's here take EBT all day but the sammich can't be heated and Papa Murphy's is a take n bake pizza chain, so they are popular that way here in Cali.

Probably cos EBT don't want to pay their ridiculous dollar tax on toasting bread. Nor do I; I used to eat at Quizno's before that. But if they don't want to fight for their consumers, then it's not my problem.

Blake
02-16-2018, 07:47 PM
you are a lonely little man

Says message board detective extraordinaire

koriwhat
02-16-2018, 07:52 PM
You need to have 4 kids and be a single parent first, then we will send you lots of stuff!

seems to be the case most def.

DMX7
02-16-2018, 07:52 PM
LMAO, DMC average over 20 posts per day. What the hell do you do for a living? I guess this...

DMC
02-16-2018, 08:10 PM
LMAO, DMC average over 20 posts per day. What the hell do you do for a living? I guess this...

Whatever I want.

pgardn
02-16-2018, 08:24 PM
This was actually interesting.
Some parts.
I'm not an expert in food distribution.

If I lived closer to our coastline, I would have no problem maintaining a small garden and getting meat from the bay system. My freezer is loaded. Hate cleaning the beasts, but they do make fantastic fertilizer. Cost of living is cheap. Climate... humidity absolutely sucks.

Spurtacular
02-16-2018, 08:54 PM
^^^ Some posts

Wouldn't mind knowing. I'd love a job that let me travel through Europe.

pgardn
02-16-2018, 09:01 PM
^^^ Some posts

Wouldn't mind knowing. I'd love a job that let me travel through Europe.

Yeah?
What would that job be?

Chris
02-16-2018, 09:14 PM
Yeah?
What would that job be?

Islamic 'refugee' :tu

TarantinoRezDog
02-16-2018, 09:44 PM

Cut your hair and get a real job instead of scratching on people with your tattoo needle for beer and weed money.

koriwhat
02-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Cut your hair and get a real job instead of scratching on people with your tattoo needle for beer and weed money.

use an actual account and stop trolling. be a fucking man you fucking pussy! i have a job where i am the boss and call the shots. you are a bitch who works for a bitch all the while bitching about your bitchass job. fuck off!

TarantinoRezDog
02-16-2018, 09:55 PM
use an actual account and stop trolling. be a fucking man you fucking pussy! i have a job where i am the boss and call the shots. you are a bitch who works for a bitch all the while bitching about your bitchass job. fuck off!

This is my main. I'm more a lurker and only post here and there.

No one in a management position should be "always broke." Either you're terribly irresponsible with your money (likely buying unneeded tattoo equipment, along with beer and weed) or have a "management" position in some small business mom and pop outfit, where you're the "lead" janitor or gardener, and thus get to "boss around" your illegal immigrant sidekick that was hired for the day from the Home Depot parking lot.

It has to be the latter. No one is hiring into management someone with long hair and calf tats. If you applied at my firm, we'd make you shave that mop and take a razor blade to your calves before you were even allowed into HR.

koriwhat
02-16-2018, 10:12 PM

No one in a management position should be "always broke." Either you're terribly irresponsible with your money (likely buying unneeded tattoo equipment, along with beer and weed) or have a "management" position in some small business mom and pop outfit, where you're the "lead" janitor or gardener, and thus get to "boss around" your illegal immigrant sidekick that was hired for the day from the Home Depot parking lot.

It has to be the latter. No one is hiring into management someone with long hair and calf tats. If you applied at my firm, we'd make you shave that mop and take a razor blade to your calves before you were even allowed into HR.

why do people like you even exist? we don't need more pussies in this world who just talk shit needlessly to stroke their ego. fuck off puto!

mr. knowitalls who know nothing at all.

Blake
02-17-2018, 12:12 AM

Lol "be a man and use an actual account"

And so not angry

pgardn
02-17-2018, 09:33 AM
Islamic 'refugee' :tu

Thats a vacation?
Wow...

Drowning in the Mediterranean, I'll put that on the list.

sickdsm
02-17-2018, 10:24 AM

Most people that are there own boss are asset rich, cash poor. At least until later on in life.

boutons_deux
02-17-2018, 10:50 AM
Most people that are there own boss are asset rich, cash poor. At least until later on in life.

not the increasing 10s of Ms of "independent contractors" in the gig economy.

koriwhat
02-17-2018, 03:58 PM
Lol "be a man and use an actual account"

And so not angry

you have no clue what "angry" actually means blake... probably never been in a fight in your life.

Blake
02-17-2018, 04:28 PM
you have no clue what "angry" actually means blake... probably never been in a fight in your life.

Lol u mad

koriwhat
02-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Lol u mad

not mad at all... yall are just sissys and think everyone is upset all the time. sissys scared of the boogeyman.

Blake
02-17-2018, 09:59 PM
not mad at all... yall are just sissys and think everyone is upset all the time. sissys scared of the boogeyman.

Lol "everyone"

No, today it's just you. U mad.

cd021
02-17-2018, 11:56 PM

High calorie junk food is certainly cheaper than organic fruits, fresh fish, and other generally healthy type foods so that explains a lot of the popularity of those things. I'm pretty well off but even I am sometimes shocked when I realize how much I've spent on a single trip to Whole Foods.... which also carries plenty of junk food albeit more expensive junk food.

As someone who worked in grocery for years, its sort of an inside joke how ridiculous organic and natural foods are. It might cost $7 for organic peanut butter-which has only about half the actual peanut butter than in a normal jar- when someone could get three jars for $6

Had a boss tell me the only big difference betwee organic and regular is that people were willing to pay triple the price for half the product because its marginally healthier.

It makes perfect sense for people on food stamps to by junk food because eating healthy is so fucking expensive.

boutons_deux
02-18-2018, 08:30 AM
It makes perfect sense for people on food stamps to by junk food because eating healthy is so fucking expensive.

Trash/Mulvaney's box of BigFood's Dead-Shit-Ready-to-Eat isn't about getting the poor to eat organic, or Mulvaney saving money, but to punish the poor for being poor, behind the lie that ALL the poor are using govt money (that oligarchy wants in its own pockets) to buy non-food items and operate as Welfare Queens in Cadillacs.

DSRE is just another way America's oligarchy, including evangelical grifters who LIE that God wants the poor to be poor to punish them for being Bad People, grind down and maintain the poor AMERICAN CITIZENS into undeveloped world poverty, sickness, early death (premature-death poor people saves govt money!).

Most of the people on public assistance are white, not, as the oligarchy's subtext goes, brown or black.

koriwhat
02-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Lol "everyone"

No, today it's just you. U mad.

so mad! lol

Spurtacular
02-18-2018, 02:58 PM
Took you three tires there, Chris.

lol

:lmao That's the best Mr. (unexplained) Easy Fix could come back with.

Blake
02-18-2018, 04:24 PM
so mad! lol

Lol yeah

Pavlov
02-18-2018, 04:48 PM
:lmao That's the best Mr. (unexplained) Easy Fix could come back with.Just change what the funds can be spent on.

Blake
02-18-2018, 05:27 PM
Just change what the funds can be spent on.

They prefer more government involvement in what people should eat.

rmt
02-18-2018, 06:38 PM
If it's my money, I get to choose what I buy with it. If some one requires assistance and qualifies, they should get healthy FOOD (no soda, no chips, no junk). No need to deliver. If you want the food, go pick it up at whatever distribution center/supermarket/Walmart.

pgardn
02-18-2018, 06:44 PM
If it's my money, I get to choose what I buy with it. If some one requires assistance and qualifies, they should get healthy FOOD (no soda, no chips, no junk). No need to deliver. If you want the food, go pick it up at whatever distribution center/supermarket/Walmart.

Are almonds junk?
Ive had an almond craving.
Lightly salted please.

What about baked chips? I like the baked scooped Tostitos. I put no fat refried beans in their little cubby hole. Then low fat cheese on top. Microwave. Plain yogurt. Topped with a sliced jalapeño. Yummy.

baseline bum
02-18-2018, 07:08 PM
If someone is working say 25 hours a week or more, they probably deserve some leeway with what SNAP benefits are used on at the grocery store (obviously not on stupid crap like lottery tickets though). No reason to make life shittier for the working poor. These people actually know what the value of the dollar is. If it's someone just popping out kids for the welfare, cut the SNAP benefits in say half and provide the other half through government provided food boxes Trump proposes. Have them on a SNAP 2 tier with heavy regulation on what can be bought while the working poor are on a SNAP 1 tier with much more freedom over their grocery purchases.

boutons_deux
02-18-2018, 07:18 PM
"No reason to make life shittier for the working poor."

??? Lots of reason by the Repugs/oligarchy to screw poor and reduce/kill the social safety nets, giving it $Bs in tax cuts to the oligarchy.

Since Repugs intend to punish people on public assistance who don't have job, then Repugs should GUARANTEE jobs to people on public assistance.

boutons_deux
02-18-2018, 07:31 PM
The Trump administration isn’t even masking its contempt for the poor anymore

it's a proposal so transparent in its contempt for lower-income earners that few public officials would consider it, much less pitch it to the public. Then again, Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney is not most public officials.

While a meal on food stamps costs $1.37, the average order from Blue Apron's meal-kit delivery service runs upwards of $10 per person. Blue Apron also allows its customers to purchase from a menu of eight meals, including fresh fish, meat and produce — a privilege neither the president nor his budget director believes the poor are entitled to.

Adding potential injury to insult, Mulvaney makes no mention of how the Harvest Box plan will address the individual dietary restrictions of millions of Americans.

Nor does he explain how canned meats and produce, which are typically loaded with preservatives (https://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/brutal-reality-being-poor-america-rich-refuse-acknowledge), will meet the nutritional needs of their recipients.

The proposal would likely upend the supermarket industry, with chains like Walmart, Target and Aldi losing billions in food stamp payments.

The Trump administration's latest budget proposal is almost certainly dead on arrival. But as long as the GOP controls all three branches of government, no social welfare program is safe and no prospective cut is too shameless.

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/18/the-trump-administration-is-not-even-masking-its-contempt-for-the-poor-anymore_partner/

ElNono
02-18-2018, 08:32 PM
I don't really have a problem with this, other than it probably means some cozy government contracts for the providers, thus the alleged savings are probably dubious, but what I really don't understand is what are we trying to solve or avoid by doing this.

boutons_deux
02-18-2018, 08:53 PM
I don't really have a problem with this, other than it probably means some cozy government contracts for the providers, thus the alleged savings are probably dubious, but what I really don't understand is what are we trying to solve or avoid by doing this.

Of course, behind the Mulvaney's LIE of saving money, there would be huge subcontracting for setting up the logistics, moving the preserved goods from mfr to boxing points, and delivery. BigDonors are in that loop.

koriwhat
02-19-2018, 06:00 PM
"No reason to make life shittier for the working poor."

??? Lots of reason by the Repugs/oligarchy to screw poor and reduce/kill the social safety nets, giving it $Bs in tax cuts to the oligarchy.

Since Repugs intend to punish people on public assistance who don't have job, then Repugs should GUARANTEE jobs to people on public assistance.

how is it punishing by supplying free food? fuck food stamps for the poor so they can sell and trade them for drugs and whatnot. eat gov't cheese til you can afford velveeta!

Chucho
02-19-2018, 06:02 PM
how is it punishing by supplying free food? fuck food stamps for the poor so they can sell and trade them for drugs and whatnot. eat gov't cheese til you can afford velveeta!

You're responding to a retarded introvert.

koriwhat
02-19-2018, 06:04 PM
You're responding to a retarded introvert.

yeah i know..

Chris
02-19-2018, 06:07 PM

Healthier families and less exploitation of the system imo

Blake
02-19-2018, 07:23 PM

I.e. more socialism

sickdsm
02-19-2018, 09:05 PM
Govt cheese is better than what most people eat.

pgardn
02-19-2018, 09:18 PM

I prefer a good sharp crumbly cheddar.
And if you buy a cheese and it bounces, I'm probably not gonna like it.

baseline bum
02-19-2018, 09:21 PM

What exactly is this mythical government cheese I have been hearing about for decades?

Chucho
02-19-2018, 09:23 PM
I prefer a good sharp crumbly cheddar.
And if you buy a cheese and it bounces, I'm probably not gonna like it.

English sharp white cheddar is outrageous.

Chucho
02-19-2018, 09:23 PM
What exactly is this mythical government cheese I have been hearing about for decades?

Chalky Velveeta type processed cheese product. You didn't miss anything.

baseline bum
02-19-2018, 09:28 PM
Chalky Velveeta type processed cheese product. You didn't miss anything.

Blech. Velveeta and Ricos can go fuck off.

boutons_deux
02-19-2018, 09:48 PM
So Mulvaney intends the govt to buy at govt prices factory-food-like substance at the factory door and deliver in boxes?

Any body have any idea of the logistics?

DMC
02-19-2018, 09:59 PM
https://pics.me.me/ays-government-cheese-26939236.png

ElNono
02-20-2018, 12:41 AM

In what sense? You're already pretty limited in what you can buy with foodstamps, and you can always resell what you buy with them or the food you would be getting directly.

I don't see any less exploitation of the system nor any health benefits, tbh...

Heck, people buying on Walmart are very likely to get a better deal than the government buying from whoever...

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 08:35 AM

Sounds like an entitled elitest liberal comment. Mythical? So you've never ate it or never had any friends in that scenario? Sounds like you've never been in the struggle. Most rarely buy real cheese. Govt cheese is real cheese and comes in big blocks. It's a highly sellable item. Get off your high horse and see the struggle that most have seen in their life.

Indian tribes get food direct from the govt like Trump is proposing. It is VERY good quality. There you will find your big blocks of cheese.

boutons_deux
02-20-2018, 08:47 AM
"real cheese" isn't real because it's chemically aged, spit out of machines like slabs steel

real cheese is naturally aged without chemicals

Blake
02-20-2018, 09:48 AM
Sounds like an entitled elitest liberal comment. Mythical? So you've never ate it or never had any friends in that scenario? Sounds like you've never been in the struggle. Most rarely buy real cheese. Govt cheese is real cheese and comes in big blocks. It's a highly sellable item. Get off your high horse and see the struggle that most have seen in their life.

Indian tribes get food direct from the govt like Trump is proposing. It is VERY good quality. There you will find your big blocks of cheese.

Is this real government cheese going to be delivered in a govt harvest box

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 10:01 AM
Is this real government cheese going to be delivered in a govt harvest box
Your going to have to explain what a govt harvest box is Blake.

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 10:14 AM
"real cheese" isn't real because it's chemically aged, spit out of machines like slabs steel

real cheese is naturally aged without chemicals

he FDA's standards, Kraft isn't permitted to refer to Singles as “cheese” because this word indicates that a product is made with at least 51 percent real cheese. This is why the label reads “pasteurized prepared cheese product.” Typically, the fewer ingredients a food contains, the healthier that food tends to

baseline bum
02-20-2018, 10:48 AM

Wow such butthurt just because I asked what kind of cheese it was. And you still didn't answer what it was. I was wondering if it was American, cheddar, Velveeta, etc. I asked because I don't remember it being used in Texas but used to hear about it in rap songs from the west coast. LOL pretending you know anything about someone's life because he asks a question.

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 11:05 AM
Wow such butthurt just because I asked what kind of cheese it was. And you still didn't answer what it was. I was wondering if it was American, cheddar, Velveeta, etc. I asked because I don't remember it being used in Texas but used to hear about it in rap songs from the west coast. LOL pretending you know anything about someone's life because he asks a question.
No you didn't just simply ask what kind of cheese ( American). You said mythical cheese you've been hearing about for decades. Only thing worse than an elitest liberal is one who backpedals when confronted.

Go word your questions like that at work and see if you get taken seriously.

baseline bum
02-20-2018, 11:13 AM
No you didn't just simply ask what kind of cheese ( American). You said mythical cheese you've been hearing about for decades. Only thing worse than an elitest liberal is one who backpedals when confronted.

Go word your questions like that at work and see if you get taken seriously.

LOL doubling down on being pissed over a simple question.

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 11:13 AM
"What I know about Govt aid is what I hear in Rap songs". Lol

baseline bum
02-20-2018, 11:17 AM
"What I know about Govt aid is what I hear in Rap songs". Lol

Are you going to throw a fit about a question?

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 11:21 AM
LOL doubling down on being pissed over a simple question.

"Hey baseline bum. Can you go through the balance sheet for next year and explain these numbers to the board?”

BB " ........ and this column here is the assests where you'll see the mythical $2.5 million dollar regional HQ that we've been hearing about the last ten years......”

Yeah. Pretty innocent wording..........

Blake
02-20-2018, 11:22 AM
Your going to have to explain what a govt harvest box is Blake.

Det Google. This one is free, the rest you're on your own.

"Under Trump's proposed budget,*the*Department of Agriculture (USDA) would purchase food with its bulk buying power, put in*containers called*“America’s Harvest Boxes,” and somehow get them to 16.4 million households across the country. Just how,*no one has explained....."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/02/19/trump-administration-delivers-socialist-food-stamps-editorials-debates/349760002/

baseline bum
02-20-2018, 11:29 AM
:cry You better watch your microaggressions bro :cry

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 11:31 AM
Det Google. This one is free, the rest you're on your own.

"Under Trump's proposed budget,*the*Department of Agriculture (USDA) would purchase food with its bulk buying power, put in*containers called*“America’s Harvest Boxes,” and somehow get them to 16.4 million households across the country. Just how,*no one has explained....."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/02/19/trump-administration-delivers-socialist-food-stamps-editorials-debates/349760002/
How would I know anything more than you about the proposed plan? I was talking about my experience with govt supplied food in the past.

sickdsm
02-20-2018, 11:33 AM
Like you wouldn't be up in arms of Trump or Any other political future used the word mythical in describing a school shooting. Give me a break.......

Blake
02-20-2018, 12:06 PM
How would I know anything more than you about the proposed plan? I was talking about my experience with govt supplied food in the past.

Don't feel obliged to respond if you don't know anything. This is an open message board. The question was open to anyone.

Winehole23
02-21-2021, 02:46 AM
Study:SNAP benefits are correlated with increased entrepreneurship.