PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge and Horford were last picks in all star draft

marinoman
02-16-2018, 08:16 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759920-report-lamarcus-aldridge-al-horford-picked-last-in-nba-all-star-draft?share=other

title says it all. I hope this motivates him to play even better the rest of the season

Hoops Czar
02-16-2018, 08:21 PM
Yeah, Lebron ain't coming to San Antonio. :lol

baseline bum
02-16-2018, 08:23 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2759920-report-lamarcus-aldridge-al-horford-picked-last-in-nba-all-star-draft?share=other

title says it all. I hope this motivates him to play even better the rest of the season

The guy's not even motivated to fight for playoff position for the team that pays him. He'd rather chill two games to rest up for a meaningless exhibition. I hope it motivates RC to find something of value in trade for Softridge this summer.

Darius Bieber
02-16-2018, 08:23 PM
:lmao:lmao God our team is trash

baseline bum
02-16-2018, 08:29 PM

LOL we're his last pick.

weeks
02-16-2018, 08:35 PM
boy howdy this is gonna make LA cry inside and you know it

NASpurs
02-16-2018, 08:43 PM
:cry "I've never been picked last for anything" :cry

He'll probably retire from the NBA after the AS game.

Spurtacular
02-16-2018, 08:48 PM
To be fair, Oladipo would've been last if Curry weren't picking.

TheGreatYacht
02-16-2018, 08:48 PM
3rd in the west bitchezzzzz. Lebron is going to give us a (Pity) meeting. PATFO!

marinoman
02-16-2018, 08:56 PM
The guy's not even motivated to fight for playoff position for the team that pays him. He'd rather chill two games to rest up for a meaningless exhibition. I hope it motivates RC to find something of value in trade for Softridge this summer.
Tbf he’s the least of our issues this year. Injuries, pop, talent

ECOV
02-16-2018, 08:58 PM
3rd in the fucking west, lol "team is trash" gtfo with that bullshit :lol

baseline bum
02-16-2018, 09:05 PM
3rd in the fucking west, lol "team is trash" gtfo with that bullshit :lol

That's more an indictment of the rest of the west outside of GSW and Houston and of the Spurs' schedule tbh.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2018, 09:09 PM
LOL we're his last pick.

:cry "I've never been picked last for anything" :cry

He'll probably retire from the NBA after the AS game.

It shouldn't really come as a surprise in today's NBA that the two players picked last are the two most post up oriented players at the all Star game.

coachmac87
02-16-2018, 09:15 PM

weeks
02-16-2018, 09:46 PM
It shouldn't really come as a surprise in today's NBA that the two players picked last are the two most post up oriented players at the all Star game.
Yeah coz defense don't mean shit.
If Steph and Bron were picking these teams for a finals game 7 pretty sure Aldridge would be a lot higher

Ice009
02-16-2018, 09:56 PM
Wow, so this dumb shit missed two of our regular season games that we needed to win so he can play in this pathetic game after being picked last.

What a fucking joke. If the Spurs can get good value for him, trade his ass. He should have missed the All-Star game instead of regular season games.

Spurtacular
02-16-2018, 10:00 PM
I doubt Lebron doesn't go to a big market, tbh. But I don't read anything into this, tbh.

eDizzle20
02-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Leave it to ESPN to report junk like this.

Hoops Czar
02-16-2018, 10:32 PM
Yeah coz defense don't mean shit.
If Steph and Bron were picking these teams for a finals game 7 pretty sure Aldridge would be a lot higher

Would you pick a player who prioritizes playing in exhibition games over important regular season games? Diva All Star doing diva things.

tholdren
02-16-2018, 11:36 PM
Leave it to ESPN to report junk like this.

Yet look at all the st idiots who eat it up. This place has got the dumbest of the dumb

tbdog
02-17-2018, 12:15 AM
How about Bosh wanting to make a comeback. Says he wants to play for the Raptors (home team), Warriors, Rockets, or Cavs. Essentially, the best-ranked teams.

Mr. Body
02-17-2018, 01:33 AM
Meh. Horford and LMA are boring players who do grunt work stuff and nobody really wants to see play.

cjw
02-17-2018, 01:36 AM
Their games translate least to the all star game - it’s about guards and high flying bigs.

That doesn’t diminish their values in the real NBA. Just means the ASG is a different beast. If not for each guy, both teams’ defenses would have fallen off the map.

Keepin' it real
02-17-2018, 01:58 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DzweVYC9H1lYSucks for LMA. Makes me wish his name was Pinkus, so I could say this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zweVYC9H1lY

Darius Bieber
02-17-2018, 02:39 AM
Now we know that Aldridge was dead last.... :lmao Our team is total trash. :lmao

Source: First line of this article:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22470469/lamarcus-aldridge-san-antonio-spurs-ok-being-nba-all-star-draft-last-pick

r0drig0lac
02-17-2018, 03:33 AM
To be fair, Oladipo would've been last if Curry weren't picking.

Oladipo >>> Aldridge

TheGreatYacht
02-17-2018, 07:21 AM
How about Bosh wanting to make a comeback. Says he wants to play for the Raptors (home team), Warriors, Rockets, or Cavs. Essentially, the best-ranked teams.
Jesus Christ. Even someone who's dying of Ebola is snubbing San Antonio. Thank god for PATFO! 3rd in the west bitcheth!

tbdog
02-17-2018, 07:40 AM
Jesus Christ. Even someone who's dying of Ebola is snubbing San Antonio. Thank god for PATFO! 3rd in the west bitcheth!

Well, Spurs wouldn't play him. Infinite illness management.

weeks
02-17-2018, 08:53 AM
Would you pick a player who prioritizes playing in exhibition games over important regular season games? Diva All Star doing diva things.
That entire game is gonna be full of divas son, let's keep it real.

Anyway, pretending for a moment Pop wasn't behind LA sitting, it's still better than a player who prioritizes moving to california over his own franchise

Spurtacular
02-17-2018, 01:16 PM
Oladipo >>> Aldridge

What's the Magic's record?

KDKSpurs24
02-17-2018, 01:42 PM
What's the Magic's record?
Not sure what you’re asking him. But he plays on the Pacers.

r0drig0lac
02-17-2018, 01:52 PM

The poster above was probably in the "hate Simmons wagon" and just made a mistake, though 90% of the posters in st perhaps watch the spurs. The other teams I really doubt, so it's normal

gambit1990
02-17-2018, 02:01 PM
Their games translate least to the all star game - it’s about guards and high flying bigs.

That doesn’t diminish their values in the real NBA. Just means the ASG is a different beast. If not for each guy, both teams’ defenses would have fallen off the map.

spursistan
02-17-2018, 02:31 PM
It is better that they don't embarass themselves again by seeking a token meeting with Lebron this summer :lol..

just like Durant, there is 90% chance Lebron knows where he is going to be playing next season; the rest is a dog and pony show for the brand..

Spurtacular
02-17-2018, 02:51 PM

See. He's that unimportant that I can't even remember which team he's been shipped off to. :lol Magic must've been a stop or two before that.

Spurs da champs
02-17-2018, 02:58 PM
If K Love wasn't LeBron's teammate it would be down to him or Horford. Honestly who cares about this?

SAGirl
02-17-2018, 03:01 PM
It is better that they don't embarass themselves again by seeking a token meeting with Lebron this summer :lol..
What was worse about last season was asking Pau to cooperate bc they wanted to make a bold move, then said move not working out and they ending up worse by standing pat and overpaying him in $ and years.

There are things they could do this summer besides Lebron, who isn't coming to town, specially with an injured Kiwi... It will suck if they miscalculate their chances again and end up worse than if they had never pursued him at all. Maybe they need to go straight to plans B and C. If Kiwi doesn't come back this season I don't expect for much to happen in the summer. Just get a good draft pick, perhaps an additional big. Some guys won't be back. That's it.

daslicer
02-17-2018, 03:05 PM
If K Love wasn't LeBron's teammate it would be down to him or Horford. Honestly who cares about this?

A lot of politics are in play when it came to these selections. LMA got more player votes for the all-star game than Draymond Green, Karl Anthony Towns, Love, Drummonds. It's obvious he's not in Lebron-Curry's social circle. I believe Green and Love are the last picks if their teammates weren't captains. A lot of players don't respect Green's talent. To me it reeks of highschool bs but like you said who cares.

tholdren
02-17-2018, 03:06 PM
That entire game is gonna be full of divas son, let's keep it real.

Anyway, pretending for a moment Pop wasn't behind LA sitting, it's still better than a player who prioritizes moving to california over his own franchise

Soon? Wtf. No defense. Running and joining teams to win rings. "The decision"... been shit since lebum got to the nba

weeks
02-17-2018, 03:07 PM
Soon? Wtf. No defense. Running and joining teams to win rings. "The decision"... been shit since lebum got to the nba

i said 'son' not soon. christ i know english isn't your first language and you're special needs but c'mon.

tholdren
02-17-2018, 03:10 PM
i said 'son' not soon. christ i know english isn't your first language and you're special needs but c'mon.

14 yo and calling people son? Stupid

Slippy
02-17-2018, 08:51 PM
Nba dumbing down nba allstar game to primary school level with captains picking their mates.

tholdren
02-17-2018, 09:46 PM
Nba dumbing down nba allstar game to primary school level with captains picking their mates.

Yet the stars love it. Flat earth bitches!!!