PDA

View Full Version : Suns: were cheated in 2007 playoffsPERIOD

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:02 PM
The Sp*rs had a 5 point halftime lead. Then lead by as much as 11 in the 3rd before Nash started carving them up. Then something Horryble happened:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LT_C7o5ZGM

Suns won the battle but lost the war. They clearly were the better team det year.

Watching the Dubs dominate the NBA right now pisses me off that the pioneers of small ball were robbed of a title by cheapshot Bob and Bruce Lee Bowen. Key Suns players were suspended which ensured the Sp*rs rang.

By my count, y'all get two *s:

*1999 season had only 50 games
*2007 season - a legit title team was robbed by Horry's hipcheck.

Unbelievable. SMDH

baseline bum
02-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Um, the 2002 Kings were the pioneers of the modern game. Not sure you want to go there though Arturo.

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:10 PM
Um, the 2002 Kings were the pioneers of the modern game. Not sure you want to go there though Arturo.

:lol

Not small ball. That's the Suns who started it, not the Queens.

baseline bum
02-17-2018, 06:16 PM

Not small ball. That's the Suns who started it, not the Queens.

Luz Elena man, Amare and Kurt Thomas weren't small ball.

Biggems
02-17-2018, 06:21 PM
The Sp*rs had a 5 point halftime lead. Then lead by as much as 11 in the 3rd before Nash started carving them up. Then something Horryble happened:

Suns won the battle but lost the war. They clearly were the better team det year.

Watching the Dubs dominate the NBA right now pisses me off that the pioneers of small ball were robbed of a title by cheapshot Bob and Bruce Lee Bowen. Key Suns players were suspended which ensured the Sp*rs rang.

Unbelievable. SMDH

I agree, the Suns were cheated......they were forced to coached by that mental midget, Mike D'Antoni.......since they had no escape from him, the sun set on their season.

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:22 PM
Luz Elena man, Amare and Kurt Thomas weren't small ball.

They both were like 6'9" PF/Cs. That's small ball even in today's game.

Biggems
02-17-2018, 06:24 PM

Unbelievable. SMDH

By my count, I don't give 2 shits what you think about our 5 rings, asterisk or not, they still equal 5. For a team with 14, you Laker fans sure are bitter and salty about our 5.

baseline bum
02-17-2018, 06:31 PM

They both were like 6'9" PF/Cs. That's small ball even in today's game.

A team starting Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Kurt Thomas is a smallball team. OK :lol

Spurtacular
02-17-2018, 06:34 PM
The one game suspension rule for leaving the bench was well known after The Malice In The Palace. The Suns were not victims. Well done, Big Shot Bob. He proved all big shots don't have to go through the hoop. :lol

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:37 PM
By my count, I don't give 2 shits what you think about our 5 rings, asterisk or not, they still equal 5. For a team with 14, you Laker fans sure are bitter and salty about our 5.

:lmao

16 son. :toast

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:38 PM
A team starting Shawn Marion, Amare Stoudemire, and Kurt Thomas is a smallball team. OK :lol

:lol - but stay on topic. Suns had Horryble "luck" det year. Admit that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 06:39 PM
The one game suspension rule for leaving the bench was well known after The Malice In The Palace. The Suns were not victims. Well done, Big Shot Bob. He proved all big shots don't have to go through the hoop. :lol

SMDH :lol

baseline bum
02-17-2018, 06:41 PM

It was known after the 97 playoffs. Stern suspended Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, and John Starks for leaving the bench in Game 5 of their series with Miami, with Ewing and Houston suspended for Game 6 and Johnson and Starks Game 7. So if the league is going to suspend the four best players from the team in the largest market for elimination games the Suns have no excuse to not know that rule was serious. :lol

Spurtacular
02-17-2018, 06:45 PM
SMDH :lol

The Suns weren't victims; and :lol at D'Antoni for leaving Nash on the floor for something to happen to his fragile ass.

baseline bum
02-17-2018, 06:51 PM
:lol - but stay on topic. Suns had Horryble "luck" det year. Admit that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :lmao

Horry got screwed getting suspended two games for a hard foul. PJ Brown only got one game for throwing Charlie Ward over his shoulder and into the ground and causing five Knick suspensions.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 06:54 PM
Nash floppedPERIOD by his own admission. The Spurs were the better team, fair and square.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Also, :lol at those Suns being the pioneers of small ball. Don Nelson was playing small ball in the '80s. Phil often used small ball lineups with the Bulls.

Your takes are shit, Alberto.

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 07:06 PM
Horry got screwed getting suspended two games for a hard foul. PJ Brown only got one game for throwing Charlie Ward over his shoulder and into the ground and causing five Knick suspensions.

Good point. I forgot about Charlie Ward being suplexed :lol

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Also, :lol at those Suns being the pioneers of small ball. Don Nelson was playing small ball in the '80s. Phil often used small ball lineups with the Bulls.

Your takes are shit, Alberto.

CN maaaaaaaaaad? That's just "Shut up and dribble!" talking :lmao

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 07:11 PM
Nash floppedPERIOD by his own admission. The Spurs were the better team, fair and square.

2007*

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 07:11 PM

CN maaaaaaaaaad? That's just "Shut up and dribble!" talking :lmao
Just stating facts, Alfonso. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 07:13 PM
2007*
You know, you're right, Diego. The Spurs were illegitimate champs that year. That means LeGOAT gets another ring. :downspin:

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 07:14 PM
Just stating facts, Alfonso. :downspin:

LkrFan
02-17-2018, 07:14 PM
You know, you're right, Diego. The Spurs were illegitimate champs that year. That means LeGOAT gets another ring. :downspin:

Nah, Suns would have swept him too. ;)

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 07:17 PM

Nah, Suns would have swept him too. ;)
:lol The Suns couldn't even sweep Mike Dumbleavy and old-ass Sam Cassell. They would have been swept by the Kang.

lefty
02-17-2018, 08:00 PM
The Lakers played 50 game in 1999 too.

And they got swept

Will Hunting
02-17-2018, 08:23 PM
:lol The Suns couldn't even sweep Mike Dumbleavy and old-ass Sam Cassell. They would have been swept by the Kang.
I don’t take any of Lkrfans posts seriously, but are you actually being serious when you say stuff like this? That 2007 Cavs team was maybe the worst team I’ve ever seen in the finals. The 2007 Suns played the Spurs evenly before they shot themselves in the foot by violating a rule everyone knows about, while the Spurs were doing shit like trying unnecessary alleyoops against the Cavs and still winning by double digits every game.

Pelicans78
02-17-2018, 08:35 PM
The Suns would have dominated the Cavs in a series. No debate there.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-17-2018, 09:00 PM
I agree. That was rigged shit. Nash did deserve a ring and that year the Suns were better. The Suns were just one team Stern hated worse than the Spurs for some reason.

ambchang
02-18-2018, 12:16 AM
Laker fans complaining about refs and the leagues.

The league literally killed Len bias to make sure the lakers get two more titles.
The league decimated the rockets and destroyed the careers of multiple people so that the lakers can get two more titles.
The league gave the lakers massive fta advantage in THREE elimination games in a decade. The lakers won all three of those games and went on to the finals.

All 11 of those laker titles have a gigantic * on it.

Biggems
02-18-2018, 01:06 AM

16 son. :toast
Even more reason to not let your panties get all up in a bunch, daughter.

Biggems
02-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Laker fans complaining about refs and the leagues.

The league literally killed Len bias to make sure the lakers get two more titles.
The league decimated the rockets and destroyed the careers of multiple people so that the lakers can get two more titles.
The league gave the lakers massive fta advantage in THREE elimination games in a decade. The lakers won all three of those games and went on to the finals.

All 11 of those laker titles have a gigantic * on it.

Well the league did block the cp3 trade

Biggems
02-18-2018, 01:09 AM
I agree. That was rigged shit. Nash did deserve a ring and that year the Suns were better. The Suns were just one team Stern hated worse than the Spurs for some reason.

If nash deserved a ring, he would have won one, but he didn't......just like Ewing, Malone, Stockton, Barkley, and many more

Biggems
02-18-2018, 01:13 AM

At least the Suns have been to the nba finals, the clippers are the laughing stock of the league, the cleveland browns and detroit lions of the nba.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-18-2018, 01:39 AM

Different team, come on don't be an idiot. That was in 2006 when Amare was on the shelf all year.

lefty
02-18-2018, 02:10 AM

How was it rigged if the rules were applied

ElNono
02-18-2018, 07:40 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cz7EP.gif

AaronY
02-18-2018, 07:46 AM

Unbelievable. SMDH
whoa true if huge

AaronY
02-18-2018, 07:47 AM

ambchang
02-18-2018, 10:25 AM

Helped them more than they help them.

phxspurfan
02-18-2018, 01:51 PM
It was known after the 97 playoffs. Stern suspended Patrick Ewing, Larry Johnson, Allan Houston, and John Starks for leaving the bench in Game 5 of their series with Miami, with Ewing and Houston suspended for Game 6 and Johnson and Starks Game 7. So if the league is going to suspend the four best players from the team in the largest market for elimination games the Suns have no excuse to not know that rule was serious. :lol

That Knicks-Heat game was a real fight too. Not this chicken shit run up and talk a big game stuff

DAF86
02-18-2018, 01:55 PM
The only ones getting robbed there were the Spurs. Two games suspension for a hip check. :lol

Nowadays folks are allowed to kick opponents in the junk without even getting tossed of the game.

LkrFan
02-18-2018, 02:08 PM

LkrFan
02-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Helped them more than they help them.

Facts

Mitch
02-18-2018, 02:09 PM
1999 ¹ ²
2003 ¹
2005 ¹
2007 ¹
2014 ¹

¹ - Denotes pseudo-championship due failure to repeat
² - Denotes exhibition championship due to shorted season

LkrFan
02-18-2018, 02:15 PM
1999 ¹ ²
2003 ¹
2005 ¹
2007 ¹
2014 ¹

¹ - Denotes pseudo-championship due failure to repeat
² - Denotes exhibition championship due to shorted season

:rollin :lmao :rollin

LkrFan
02-18-2018, 02:19 PM
Looking at that play, ONLY Horry should have been suspended. He was getting ready to trap Nash on the sideline. Nash likely calls TO to stop the clock (which is what the Sp*rs needed anyway). But nooooo. Horry had to goon up the game with a hipcheck that was totally unnecessary. He should have been suspended for the rest of the season on the spot. SMH

ECOV
02-18-2018, 02:22 PM
lmao still worrying about the past

Will Hunting
02-18-2018, 03:31 PM
The big culprits for the Suns losing that series were Dantoni, Marion and Barbosa, in that order. Dantoni is to blame for his team not being disciplined enough to follow an existing rule (the Spurs’ bench didn’t even flinch after the hip check) and even ignoring that, he got out coached in every which way during that series. Even though the Suns traded for Kurt Thomas specifically to have a defensive answer to Tim Duncan, Dantoni valued proving the world wrong about his SSOL offense more than he valued winning, so he didn’t want to give Kurt Thomas any real minutes until after the Suns lost game 1 and home court. Marion and Barbosa meanwhile couldn’t hit the most wide open shots given to them which made it so Nash and Amare were the only way they could get any half court offense going.

lefty
02-18-2018, 03:36 PM
The Knicks had a legit shot at beating Chicago that year.
They were on fire during those playoffs

DMC
02-18-2018, 03:42 PM
Is that the same year Kobe quit?

baseline bum
02-18-2018, 04:18 PM
The Knicks had a legit shot at beating Chicago that year.
They were on fire during those playoffs

Looked like a dumpster fire when they were getting blown out by that shit Heat team in Game 5.

Will Hunting
02-18-2018, 05:08 PM
Na nigga, that was the year before.

lefty
02-18-2018, 07:16 PM
Looked like a dumpster fire when they were getting blown out by that shit Heat team in Game 5.
Meh just 1 bad game

lefty
02-18-2018, 07:16 PM

Which one?

phxspurfan
02-18-2018, 09:38 PM
love how Suns fans are still mad about this in 2018. Loser ass team

baseline bum
02-18-2018, 11:14 PM
love how Suns fans are still mad about this in 2018. Loser ass team

Op is a Warriors fan

Ice009
02-19-2018, 07:43 AM

Unbelievable. SMDH

The Suns had every chance in the world to win game 5. They were at home, up by 20+ with their home crowd out for blood. Despite all that pressure the Spurs kept their composure and came back with an incredible, gritty win. No excuses.

To top it all off. Nash played up that foul like one of the worst Hollywood actors (something you should know about), and IMO is the reason he got his teammates suspended. If he didn't do that, and his teammates kept their composure, who knows, maybe they could have won game 5. It's all on Nash and his teammates.

LkrFan
02-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Op is a Laker fan who also likes the Warriors since it pisses off farmers in the 210

:downspin:

LkrFan
02-19-2018, 08:38 AM
Which one?

2001 :)

DMC
02-19-2018, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure the new wall will not have a door that swings both ways, like OP.

Seventyniner
02-21-2018, 03:28 PM

Lucky for the Lakers, with CP0 they never would have made a conference finals.