PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Larry Nance Jr

lefty
02-17-2018, 10:15 PM
:wow

resistanze
02-17-2018, 10:45 PM
Should've won with double-tap rather than the shit imitation of VC's dunk.

Clipper Nation
02-17-2018, 10:48 PM

The double tap was a shit imitation of one of Dwight's dunks, though. Dennis Smith Jr. actually got robbed. How the fuck did this lose to a bunch of lame tribute dunks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWenaT2HRaU

lefty
02-17-2018, 10:49 PM

AaronY
02-18-2018, 07:51 AM
Mark Wahlberg was a judge?

Raven
02-18-2018, 09:04 AM
that's not a 360 btw

hater
02-18-2018, 09:21 AM
Sucks

baseline bum
02-18-2018, 09:45 AM
Damn the dunk contest is lame with all the props and tributes. I'm with CN, that contest was crap other than Smith's dunk, which was pretty impressive.

ambchang
02-18-2018, 10:44 AM
The contest is played out. It’s like Hollywood movies now, reboot after reboot after reboot. No creativity at all. How in the world can a worse version of a dunk 18 years ago by a player from a different team with no apparent relationship to the dunker get you a title?

With all the supposed huge leaps in athleticism and shooting prowess they claim exist in :lol today’s nba, we are sure not seeing any of that in these contests. Nique, drexler, Webb, kemp, miner, Jordan, walker, carter all run circles around these dunkers, and that’s before they allow all these stupid props. Really he only two dunkers that were of any significance in the contest was D12 and Gordon.

As for three point shooting, it was an assault to the eyes. 9 points with an entire rack of money balls? Why aren’t these guys making all of the shots? Kerr, Hodges and bird had comparable shooting back in the day before threes were such a huge part of the offence.

hater
02-18-2018, 11:18 AM
Hes a boring stiff tbqh

lefty
02-18-2018, 11:18 AM
The contest is played out. It’s like Hollywood movies now, reboot after reboot after reboot. No creativity at all. How in the world can a worse version of a dunk 18 years ago by a player from a different team with no apparent relationship to the dunker get you a title?

With all the supposed huge leaps in athleticism and shooting prowess they claim exist in :lol today’s nba, we are sure not seeing any of that in these contests. Nique, drexler, Webb, kemp, miner, Jordan, walker, carter all run circles around these dunkers, and that’s before they allow all these stupid props. Really he only two dunkers that were of any significance in the contest was D12 and Gordon.

As for three point shooting, it was an assault to the eyes. 9 points with an entire rack of money balls? Why aren’t these guys making all of the shots? Kerr, Hodges and bird had comparable shooting back in the day before threes were such a huge part of the offence.

:lol today's NBA

DMC
02-18-2018, 12:16 PM
Since MJ's retirement "ceremony", the NBA has been self fellating every chance it gets. All these tributes to other NBA players as if to say "what a great product they had, but we have shit" reminds me of car manufacturers making new copies of the muscle cars and people buying into it like they now own a 68 Camaro, which is really the car companies' way of saying "we have nothing new except these cookie cutter Jetson cars".

The reason these players offer the "tribute" is because most people have no fucking clue who these guys are, but they've heard of the older guys because the video has played non stop for decades.

D-Wade
02-18-2018, 02:31 PM
Man the 3 point contest was just as disappointing as the dunk contest tbh... I have no expectations of the latter these days. And the former keeps being bogged down by allowing scorers instead of pure shooters in the competition. Paul George wtf. If the likes of Tobias Harris could advance and hold his own, it goes to show you the NBA isn't sending its best.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Tobias' 3PT% this year in actual games is better than Beal's, Lowry's, Ellington's, Booker's, and Gordon's. Not sure why people are whining about him being in the contest. At least he didn't embarrass himself like PG13 and Lowry did.

Killakobe81
02-18-2018, 02:51 PM
Man the 3 point contest was just as disappointing as the dunk contest tbh... I have no expectations of the latter these days. And the former keeps being bogged down by allowing scorers instead of pure shooters in the competition. Paul George wtf. If the likes of Tobias Harris could advance and hold his own, it goes to show you the NBA isn't sending its best.

fucking around with the formats has diluted the product i like the change to selecting squads but of course nba was a big pussy and didnt televise da shit abd it still got out .. .
only real issue tbh was Love over Aldridge and my guess is that was a loyalty not bpa choice ...

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 02:57 PM
Since MJ's retirement "ceremony", the NBA has been self fellating every chance it gets. All these tributes to other NBA players as if to say "what a great product they had, but we have shit" reminds me of car manufacturers making new copies of the muscle cars and people buying into it like they now own a 68 Camaro, which is really the car companies' way of saying "we have nothing new except these cookie cutter Jetson cars".The reason these players offer the "tribute" is because most people have no fucking clue who these guys are, but they've heard of the older guys because the video has played non stop for decades.The bigger issue is that pretty much every dunk has been done already by now. And on the rare occasion when a player comes up with a pure original dunk, like DSJ did last night, they aren't rewarded for it enough. Meanwhile, lame-ass props, throwback jerseys and theatrics get extra points added on to otherwise unremarkable dunks. It's probably time to retire the dunk contest for real this time.

resistanze
02-18-2018, 08:03 PM
The double tap was a shit imitation of one of Dwight's dunks, though. Dennis Smith Jr. actually got robbed. How the fuck did this lose to a bunch of lame tribute dunks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWenaT2HRaU

Initiation of what, the sticker dunk? Nance's was decidedly different.

It's like calling Smith's dunk (agreed it was amazing) the same as J-Rich's or PG's.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 08:11 PM
Initiation of what, the sticker dunk? Nance's was decidedly different.

It's like calling Smith's dunk (agreed it was amazing) the same as J-Rich's or PG's.
No, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wci00tn7OBA

lefty
02-18-2018, 08:23 PM

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 08:27 PM
When will the NBA learn that Kevin Hart isn't funny?

daslicer
02-18-2018, 08:30 PM
When will the NBA learn that Kevin Hart isn't funny?

I thought I was the only one who didn't find him funny.

Chris Fall
02-18-2018, 08:31 PM
That was legitimately painful to watch.

lefty
02-18-2018, 08:57 PM
:lmao MVP Emoji voting

:lmao today's NBA

02-18-2018, 09:20 PM
Webber creaming himself over a move that didn't even work :lol

ambchang
02-18-2018, 09:29 PM
No, this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wci00tn7OBA

One of the most underrated and amazing dunks in contest history.

lefty
02-18-2018, 09:30 PM
Webber creaming himself over a move that didn't even work :lol

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 09:42 PM
Jerry West recruiting LeGOAT real quick before halftime :downspin:

lefty
02-18-2018, 09:54 PM
Jerry West recruiting LeGOAT real quick before halftime :downspin:
:lol

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 11:08 PM
:lol Let me get this straight - Team LeBron is playing with a bunch of injury replacements, and Curry still needs the refs to rig the All-Star Game for him? Pathetic.

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 11:15 PM
:lol Nice to know Dumbtoni is still a loser who doesn't understand defense. Subbed out Embiid when they needed a stop.

lefty
02-18-2018, 11:16 PM
:lol Cucky

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 11:17 PM
LeGOAT and Alphabrook doing LeGOAT and Alphabrook things in the clutch.

:lol Meanwhile, "MVP" Frauden had a nice 2-13 from three, -21 performance.

RsxPiimp
02-18-2018, 11:26 PM
:lol Nice to know Dumbtoni is still a loser who doesn't understand defense. Subbed out Embiid when they needed a stop.

houston rockets :lol

Clipper Nation
02-18-2018, 11:29 PM

:lol How did Steph ever expect to win by picking Harden, Lowry and DeRozan for his team?

lefty
02-18-2018, 11:44 PM
:lol How did Steph ever expect to win by picking Harden, Lowry and DeRozan for his team?

Because chucker recognizes chuckers

02-19-2018, 05:11 AM

DMC
02-22-2018, 09:56 PM
Nance Jr to wear #22, which is retired in the rafters and will remain in the rafters. How that works I have no idea.

Larry Nance Sr issued the following statement: "That's my shit. Get your own shit"

LkrFan
02-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Nance Jr to wear #22, which is retired in the rafters and will remain in the rafters. How that works I have no idea.

Larry Nance Sr issued the following statement: "That's my shit. Get your own shit"

:lol