PDA

View Full Version : Chris Rock: Tamborine

Reck
02-19-2018, 03:24 PM
His Netflix special sucked. He's lost the touch.

Your thoughts?

Chucho
02-19-2018, 03:27 PM

Your thoughts?

When you're best paying gigs of recent memory are role characters in Adam Sandler movies, you're pretty much done.

Reck
02-19-2018, 03:31 PM
When you're best paying gigs of recent memory are role characters in Adam Sandler movies, you're pretty much done.

:lol

I was hoping him coming back to his roots would help but this guy is obviously looking for a payday to keep afloat and keep his kids.

Chucho
02-19-2018, 03:53 PM
:lol

I was hoping him coming back to his roots would help but this guy is obviously looking for a payday to keep afloat and keep his kids.

I never really found his standup that great, screaming "CRACKA! CRACKA! CRACKA!" never did it for me when you compare it to Chapelle's racist schitck, which was witty and funny so it appealed to a wider audience.

As far as black comedians of the same era, I honestly would have a hard time putting Rock over you're Steve Harveys and Cedric the Entertainers.

Reck
02-19-2018, 04:04 PM
I never really found his standup that great, screaming "CRACKA! CRACKA! CRACKA!" never did it for me when you compare it to Chapelle's racist schitck, which was witty and funny so it appealed to a wider audience.

As far as black comedians of the same era, I honestly would have a hard time putting Rock over you're Steve Harveys and Cedric the Entertainers.

See I dont agree with the bolded part much.

Those guys went way over the top with the blackness. Most of their shtick is making faces anyways. I always found prime Chris Rock on point when it came to his joke delivering.

You're right about Chappelle though.

Trill Clinton
02-19-2018, 04:25 PM
chucho making something, anything about race, againhttp://i67.tinypic.com/1z4iaki.jpg

anyways, i've seen mixed reviews.

Chris
02-19-2018, 04:31 PM
He wants more white people dead and he wants to see white mothers cry on TV.

Chucho
02-19-2018, 04:52 PM
chucho making something, anything about race, againhttp://i67.tinypic.com/1z4iaki.jpg

anyways, i've seen mixed reviews.

Trill's never seen Chris Rock stand up apparently. And still mad that his "one thing" has been "appropriated".

Just so you know, pal, my people got it worse from Whitey than yours did.

leemajors
02-19-2018, 05:44 PM

He got divorced and needs to make money.

Chris
02-19-2018, 05:53 PM
He got divorced and needs to make money.

He may have just killed his career with that joke :lol Doubt Netflix excommunicates him like they did with Spacey.

leemajors
02-19-2018, 07:35 PM
He may have just killed his career with that joke :lol Doubt Netflix excommunicates him like they did with Spacey.

Not in the slightest.

Spurtacular
02-19-2018, 07:42 PM

Your thoughts?

Chris Rock not connecting with trannies these days?

Chucho
02-19-2018, 08:09 PM
Not in the slightest.

Can't kill something that is already dead.

Trill Clinton
02-19-2018, 08:10 PM
Trill's never seen Chris Rock stand up apparently. And still mad that his "one thing" has been "appropriated".

Just so you know, pal, my people got it worse from Whitey than yours did.

nope i just call out white supremacist hypocrites like yourself like i've been doing.

and your people got it worse, huh? surehttp://i67.tinypic.com/10elu2t.jpg

leemajors
02-19-2018, 08:21 PM
Can't kill something that is already dead.

He's in the middle of a tour selling out theatres worldwide.

Chucho
02-19-2018, 09:18 PM
nope i just call out white supremacist hypocrites like yourself like i've been doing.

and your people got it worse, huh? surehttp://i67.tinypic.com/10elu2t.jpg

1. Not white. And no, you're not calling anyone out, you're just perpetuating myths pseudo victims like you do all the time. You're typical at best and it's disturbing how infatuated you are with me.

2. I'm Native American. We got it worse than you did from whitey. This entire continent was stolen from us and our entire race nearly brought to extinction by genocide. The difference between us and chumps like you? We haven't spent the last fifty years crying about it and blaming an entire generation of people who had nothing to do with that like it's still happening to us.

Beyond this, no need to respond sweetie. Don't care what you have to say, but you certainly care what I have to say. Keep pertpetuatig the myths like a good coon, it's what whitey wants. And just know my people got it worse, fam. *stupid black face emoji*.

Chucho
02-19-2018, 09:21 PM
His website seems to not know this. Gallagher still sells out theaters. His career is "alive"?

Like I said, when you're best paying work is being a side character in Adam Sandler flicks a half decade ago, your career is dead. He's still working, but mainstream relevancy and the late 90s aren't coming back.

Reck
02-19-2018, 09:43 PM
Chris Rock not connecting with trannies these days?

Is there a thread you never try to fag up with your lame derpy posts?

Spurtacular
02-19-2018, 10:11 PM
Is there a thread you never try to fag up with your lame derpy posts?

What kind of comedy do trannies prefer, honestly?

Reck
02-19-2018, 10:31 PM

How would I know? Go find out, Carol.

DMC
02-19-2018, 10:36 PM
Some of it was funny, but he hangs a bit too long on a losing joke. The god jokes didn't go over well with the black audience. There was another one that was a bit silly, but he stuck with it just the same and no one seemed interested. His audience was pretty subdued overall. People telling jokes about what their kids do isn't funny for the younger folks who don't have any kids they actually come home to.

DMC
02-19-2018, 10:40 PM

It depends tbh. They sometimes go balls out with it and sometimes they just tuck and run.

leemajors
02-19-2018, 11:56 PM
His website seems to not know this. Gallagher still sells out theaters. His career is "alive"?

Like I said, when you're best paying work is being a side character in Adam Sandler flicks a half decade ago, your career is dead. He's still working, but mainstream relevancy and the late 90s aren't coming back.

That's Gallagher's brother on tour with his material he stole, tbh. You're right, Rock's tour ended. It was a massive success. I don't think Gallagher sold out the Air Canada Center with 18k like Rock did.

Chucho
02-20-2018, 12:03 AM
That's Gallagher's brother on tour with his material he stole, tbh. You're right, Rock's tour ended. It was a massive success. I don't think Gallagher sold out the Air Canada Center with 18k like Rock did.

Looks like it was that one arena and then small and mid sized theatres. Glad he got a swan song.

AaronY
02-20-2018, 02:14 AM
black people :rolleyes
amirite breh :rolleyes

If only they could all act like that one guy in the oversized cowboy hat you love and that the other 99% of black people laugh at

AaronY
02-20-2018, 05:25 PM
watched it again

downgrading to a

6.5/10 overall
3.5/10 on chris rock scale
What was so bad about it?

I mean you know the jokes weren't funny but what do you think the reason was srs

Isitjustme?
03-01-2018, 11:17 PM
This was really very good in the beginning I thought. Definitely worth a watch

monosylab1k
03-02-2018, 01:59 PM
Did he have a bit where he’s all “now see the DIFFERENCE between MEN and WOMEN is....” and proceed to rehash every comedy special he’s ever done?

Bigger & Blacker is top 5 all time tho.

Darth_Pelican
03-02-2018, 02:41 PM
uj0mtxXEGE8