PDA

View Full Version : OT: 2018 Olympics Thread

Spurtacular
02-20-2018, 11:46 PM
Dunno why this hasn't been made yet, tbh.

Third period of hockey US vs. Checkers quarterfinal upcoming. Tied 2-2.

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/hockey-mens-quarterfinal-1?cid=msn

Also, this was cool last night. Gold Medal dance:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUA-PgZf3gk

Spurtacular
02-20-2018, 11:49 PM
Night before. Routine that put them in the lead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anAi9kgKS_I

DMC
02-21-2018, 12:37 AM
Curling ftw...

Winter Olympics are gay as fuck. Snowboarding looks ok, but not to watch. Skiing is ok, but I only watch to see someone wipe out. Who can watch speed skating or figure skating or that other gay ass shit?

How about snowman building or maybe the best snow angels?

Hockey maybe? No, hockey is a sport only people who don't have grass for 9 months a year play, because they don't have any options.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 12:41 AM
US / Checkers going to shootouts. Only one ten minute OT is gay as fuck. US were dominating and it was only a matter of time probably. Shootouts is just a crap shoot.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 12:44 AM
:lol After five shots, teams can use the same player again for as many as they want. They didn't change that dumb fucking rule post TJ Oshie.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 12:49 AM
F*ck. Not one US player could put the damn puck in the net in shootouts. Wasted a good effort by their goalie and lost 0-1. F*cking shooters trying to just 'dribble' the puck into the net. F*ck I don't know what they call the equivalent of dribbling in hockey.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 01:12 AM
Damn, they got a perfect score on their last skate before their record breaking performance at the Olympics, too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hO2xBr5EmSo

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 01:39 AM
:lmao Mexican Pride = Last Place

ambchang
02-21-2018, 12:08 PM
:lmao Mexican Pride = Last Place

American pride = holding your constitution rights to kill kids for sport.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 10:21 PM
American pride = holding your constitution rights to kill kids for sport.

Nobody has the right to kill.

FAIL.

ambchang
02-21-2018, 10:31 PM
Nobody has the right to kill.

FAIL.

Hunting is definitely killing though.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 10:41 PM
Hunting is definitely killing though.

Is there a country that has outlawed all hunting? And btw, the Second Amendment isn't about hunting either way.

phxspurfan
02-21-2018, 10:42 PM
These skiiers in the half pipe are going balls to the wall. 2 in a row just ate it slamming against the pipe trying to do tricks

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 11:40 PM
These skiiers in the half pipe are going balls to the wall. 2 in a row just ate it slamming against the pipe trying to do tricks

That might be cos they aren't that good, tbh (some of them, anyways). Most that made it to the final twelve actually are; but the talent pool was pretty lacking outside of that.

Robz4000
02-22-2018, 12:13 AM
Is there a country that has outlawed all hunting? And btw, the Second Amendment isn't about hunting either way.

Bhutan just off the top of my head.

Spurtacular
02-22-2018, 12:35 AM
Bhutan just off the top of my head.

I hope so. My point is not to be a hunting advocate.

ElNono
02-22-2018, 03:12 AM
Winter Olympics are gay as fuck.

ambchang
02-22-2018, 06:28 AM

You said nobody has the right to kill. Hunting is killing.

Don’t get too confused and frustrated and go off shooting people after you exercise your constitutional rights though. You do live in a great country though, just that some people sometimes get so frustrated they need to take it out using semi automatic weapons to shoot up innocent victims.

Go and use guns to protect your civil rights, land of the vigilantes that turn into the land of state sponsored child murderers.

dfens
02-22-2018, 03:04 PM
sons I die laughing because they ban all these russians for doping but EVERYBODY is hardcore these days .. if you actually look at the banned substances you won't find hardcore enhancers but you'll get clipped for paracetamol or random cold medicine.

tbh unless atheletes do obscene doping like EPO (the shit lance was doing, greatly enhances oxygen intake -> massive boost) it should be ok tbh.

Spurtacular
02-22-2018, 07:48 PM
You said nobody has the right to kill. Hunting is killing.

Don’t get too confused and frustrated and go off shooting people after you exercise your constitutional rights though. You do live in a great country though, just that some people sometimes get so frustrated they need to take it out using semi automatic weapons to shoot up innocent victims.

Go and use guns to protect your civil rights, land of the vigilantes that turn into the land of state sponsored child murderers.

You're as pedantic as you are full of shit. Congrats.

ambchang
02-22-2018, 07:59 PM
You're as pedantic as you are full of shit. Congrats.

I accept your surrender.

Spurtacular
02-22-2018, 08:02 PM
I accept your surrender.

If you want to call it that. I don't fight with unarmed men.

LkrFan
02-22-2018, 08:04 PM
Never forget:

http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Olympics+Day+15+Basketball+6gRyQ25aUQcl.jpg

:lmao

ambchang
02-22-2018, 09:57 PM
If you want to call it that. I don't fight with unarmed men.

Are you sure you are American? Shooting unarmed kids is like a national sport for you guys now.

Spurtacular
02-22-2018, 10:49 PM
Are you sure you are American? Shooting unarmed kids is like a national sport for you guys now.

It is for the faggots that insist on making schools "gun free zones".

ambchang
02-23-2018, 06:41 AM
It is for the faggots that insist on making schools "gun free zones".

I’m waiting for the national sugar council to tell people the solution to defeating diabetes is to eat more sugar.

:lol American logic.

Spurtacular
02-23-2018, 07:58 PM
I’m waiting for the national sugar council to tell people the solution to defeating diabetes is to eat more sugar.

:lol American logic.

Is the solution to fighting an armed murderer to get on your knees and pray?

spurraider21
02-23-2018, 08:48 PM
Never forget:

:lmao
manu's greatness tbh

ambchang
02-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Is the solution to fighting an armed murderer to get on your knees and pray?

It’s about not getting guns to those lunatics so easily. Ever thought why it’s mainly an American problem? Ever thought the best way not to get beaten up is not having to fight to being with? Oh wait, America is so great you don’t need lessons from those loser countries.

Spurtacular
02-23-2018, 09:24 PM
It’s about not getting guns to those lunatics so easily. Ever thought why it’s mainly an American problem? Ever thought the best way not to get beaten up is not having to fight to being with? Oh wait, America is so great you don’t need lessons from those loser countries.

I'm not a little picture faggot. We're great because of our rights. The establishment's storm isn't gonna get me to relinquish my rights. Only a pussy such as you would do that.

LkrFan
02-23-2018, 10:06 PM
manu's greatness tbh

Agrees. Manu kilt it det year. Still funny AF though :lol

ambchang
02-23-2018, 11:01 PM
I'm not a little picture faggot. We're great because of our rights. The establishment's storm isn't gonna get me to relinquish my rights. Only a pussy such as you would do that.

A little picture? what are you talking about? Would it make more sense if you shot it a few times?

The United States isn't great because of your rights. It is great because of economic policies that allowed the massive amount of untapped resources to be rapidly used in a few short hundred years, fueling an explosion in growth. It is great because of the isolation from the rest of the world, allowing it to put money into the development of infrastructure that would allow economic growth. It is great because population growth from immigration (the result of increased job prospect because of the untapped resources because used up rapidly) that allowed your internal consumption to support a self-sustaining economy.

America had great forefathers who set forth these policies, having great political structure that allowed the best and the brightest to lead the country. Unfortunately, that has deteriorated into a mud-slinging debacle, and the rest of the world is closing the gap. The only saving grace has been the same liberal-minded forward-thinkers that you spit upon who is driving the country forward with emphasis in technology, math and science while the vast majority of the population is taking selfies with $1000 phones that they bought with a line of credit.

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 02:29 PM
The United States isn't great because of your rights.

:lol You don't know the USA then. That's exactly what makes us great. And that's why the plutocracy is doing all they can to erode our rights.

ambchang
02-24-2018, 02:56 PM
:lol You don't know the USA then. That's exactly what makes us great. And that's why the plutocracy is doing all they can to erode our rights.

Multiple countries have the same protection of civil rights as the states, some more so. Besides, what rights do minority groups really have. The states has been built on inequality and sheer capitalism. Inequality of rights is what built your country.

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 03:06 PM
Multiple countries have the same protection of civil rights as the states

Name me one country in Europe that has a First Amendment.

dfens
02-24-2018, 03:45 PM

all western countries have freedom of speech/press/religion/whatever the fuck your 17th century constitution has. Most of Europe has much more. Nevertheless all western countries just pay lip service to their laws as they systematically kill all freedoms, usa doing by far the most. You live in 3rd world country by any imaginable metric. Happy now?

ambchang
02-24-2018, 03:54 PM

Finland, Britain, Greece.

Australia, Canada and New Zealand have similar constitutional rights as the us as well, which isn’t surprising as these are newer countries.

Us is the only first world nation win a right to bear arms though, I think. But if you think that is precisely what makes your country great then go nuts. Not literally go nuts as in go to a random school and start killing kinds, but figuratively. Might as well make that clear in case you go true red white and blue.

ambchang
02-24-2018, 04:24 PM
I just can’t believe that people still couldn’t figure out that the scale and size of the population, along with its spending power is the the number one driver of economic growth and power. You think China is seeing drastic growth in economy the last couple of decades because of improvement in civil rights? It’s because of the increased spending power of the middle class due to economic policies and strong manufacturing.

How does freedom of anything lead to economic powers? If that is the case then how can trump make America great again by marginalizing women, racial minorities (namely blacks and middle easterners) and muslims?

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 08:55 PM
I just can’t believe that people still couldn’t figure out that the scale and size of the population, along with its spending power is the the number one driver of economic growth and power. You think China is seeing drastic growth in economy the last couple of decades because of improvement in civil rights? It’s because of the increased spending power of the middle class due to economic policies and strong manufacturing.

How does freedom of anything lead to economic powers? If that is the case then how can trump make America great again by marginalizing women, racial minorities (namely blacks and middle easterners) and muslims?

China's increased prosperity has coincided with increased rights. So, fail.

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 08:55 PM
Wow. US winning the curling gold.

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2018/02/24/sports/olympics/24ivanka-doug-1341/24ivanka-doug-1341-superJumbo-v2.jpg

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 09:07 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQeLGqBfcs

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 09:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoSWvxeBiWc

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 09:15 PM
Also :lol at Canada. Not quite as bad as celebrating last place Mexico style though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCB2sl2Tdnw

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 11:47 PM
OAR vs. Germany in the hockey final? That's some snowflake sh**.

ambchang
02-25-2018, 10:52 AM
China's increased prosperity has coincided with increased rights. So, fail.
Really? Under which constitution was that?

How does a bill or rights lead to prosperity? China’s improved economical powers came from manufacturing from economical policies set forth by a one party system who cracks down on tibetans, uygers, falungong, religions in general, people of unusual sexual orientation, etc.

In fact, Singapore has been under a dictatorship for decades and went from one of the most impovished countries in the world to one of the most prosperous.

The Americans saw their greatest growth when you were discriminating on blacks, gays and non Christians despite your precious first amendment.

Spurtacular
02-25-2018, 04:20 PM
Really? Under which constitution was that?

How does a bill or rights lead to prosperity? China’s improved economical powers came from manufacturing from economical policies set forth by a one party system who cracks down on tibetans, uygers, falungong, religions in general, people of unusual sexual orientation, etc.

In fact, Singapore has been under a dictatorship for decades and went from one of the most impovished countries in the world to one of the most prosperous.

The Americans saw their greatest growth when you were discriminating on blacks, gays and non Christians despite your precious first amendment.

I didn't say China isn't still a totalitarian system. I just said more rights have been granted. They saw how little islands like Hong Kong were kicking their ass, and they made the change.

ambchang
02-25-2018, 05:44 PM
I didn't say China isn't still a totalitarian system. I just said more rights have been granted. They saw how little islands like Hong Kong were kicking their ass, and they made the change.

Please read up before you make more of a fool of yourself. It’s embarrassing. Read up on what has been happening in hk lately.

And please explain your logic of how your rights have more to do with population growth and economic policies to drive a country towards greatness. Put down those propaganda you’ve been fed and actually thibknfor a sex.

Spurtacular
02-25-2018, 06:03 PM
Please read up before you make more of a fool of yourself. It’s embarrassing. Read up on what has been happening in hk lately.

And please explain your logic of how your rights have more to do with population growth and economic policies to drive a country towards greatness. Put down those propaganda you’ve been fed and actually thibknfor a sex.

You don't give me homework, son. You can say your piece if you got it.

And it's not hard; free people are more industrious. This has been proven, time and time again.

ambchang
02-25-2018, 08:47 PM
You don't give me homework, son. You can say your piece if you got it.

And it's not hard; free people are more industrious. This has been proven, time and time again.

At least you admit you are ignorant.

How were free people proven to be more industrious? Some of the greatest empires in human history were built on slavery.

Chris
02-26-2018, 05:13 PM
Awesome :tu

ambchang
02-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Awesome :tu

Where will those kids get their protein now?