PDA

View Full Version : Maybe Durant was right about Kawhi after all?

SpurPadre
02-21-2018, 11:31 PM
Maybe PG-13 is more valuable. That dude came back from a broken leg, earlier than scheduled. In terms of all-around game, Kawhi is better but intangibles can't be taken lightly, which we Spurs fans should realize with the basketball king of intangibles in Tim Duncan. If these reports are true, I'm thoroughly disappointed in Kawhi's heart and loyalty to the organization and his teammates...and his mental make-up for the game.

Mr. Body
02-21-2018, 11:33 PM
No. Kevin Durant isn't right about anything.

YGWHI
02-21-2018, 11:36 PM
Maybe PG-13 is more valuable...I'm thoroughly disappointed in Kawhi's heart and loyalty to the organization and his teammates...and his mental make-up for the game.

If you're disappointed by his supposed lack of loyalty you shouldn't say that PG13 is more valuable. Just remember he's playing in OKC for a reason...

Floyd Pacquiao
02-21-2018, 11:41 PM
He's no Kobe or Duncan. The signs were there in the 2015 first round exit but we all just laughed it off that Enrique was tryna to be the hero and killing us(which he was), but If he was truly cutthroat he would've gone down swinging and demanded that ball in game 7. He didn't though, he reverted back into his shell and let Matt Barnes bully him.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 11:42 PM

SpurPadre
02-21-2018, 11:48 PM
If you're disappointed by his supposed lack of loyalty you shouldn't say that PG13 is more valuable. Just remember he's playing in OKC for a reason...

Nevertheless, he came back from a broken leg and hasn't turned back since he "was cleared to play" unlike Kawhi. George is at least mentally tougher with a higher pain tolerance.

Spurtacular
02-21-2018, 11:50 PM
Nevertheless, he came back from a broken leg and hasn't turned back since he "was cleared to play" unlike Kawhi. George is at least mentally tougher with a higher pain tolerance.

I don't think pain is the issue. Kawhi has jumped ship. I'll admit, I might be buying the hype; but that's how I'm perceiving it.

Hoops Czar
02-21-2018, 11:53 PM
SMH, I can't believe we gave up George Hill for him.

ducks
02-21-2018, 11:56 PM

Durant is a piece of work he bad

YGWHI
02-22-2018, 12:01 AM
I doubt PG13 feels pain while he's playing...He had surgery and his leg healed correctly.

In other threads, some guys are stupid enough to think Pop would retire if they trade Kawhi... They also say the Spurs will start a rebuilding process without Kawhi...
They're wrong but people deal with frustration in different ways.

So if believing this about PG13 makes you feel better...Whatever makes you happy.

Nathan89
02-22-2018, 12:03 AM
:nope

Chinook
02-22-2018, 12:03 AM
I do think George is better fit around Aldridge than Kawhi is. Obviously, the upside isn't as great, but George is a more willing play-maker and is more able to play an outside-in game that compliments Aldridge and Pau.

SpurPadre
02-22-2018, 12:04 AM
I doubt PG13 feels pain while he's playing...He had surgery and his leg healed correctly.

In other threads, some guys are stupid enough to think Pop would retire if they trade Kawhi... They also say the Spurs will start a rebuilding process without Kawhi...
They're wrong but people deal with frustration in different ways.

So if believing this about PG13 makes you feel better...Whatever makes you happy.

It doesn't make me feel better and I don't want to think this way but based on these reports, I can't help but make that assumption. I am very disappointed in Kawhi right now.

SpurPadre
02-22-2018, 12:07 AM
I do think George is better fit around Aldridge than Kawhi is. Obviously, the upside isn't as great, but George is a more willing play-maker and is more able to play an outside-in game that compliments Aldridge and Pau.

George is also more versatile in being able to play the 4. The biggest drop off would be the defense but he's definitely not a liability there.

ceds
02-22-2018, 12:18 AM
Now that the reports of spurs medics have gone public the pressure is on kawhi to make it back before playoffs.

Have faith spur fans ...he'll be back in time & we'll beat OKC or HOU with a full roster.

:claw :claw :claw

YGWHI
02-22-2018, 12:30 AM
It doesn't make me feel better and I don't want to think this way but based on these reports, I can't help but make that assumption. I am very disappointed in Kawhi right now.

Woj's reports said Spurs and Kawhi have had issues in hangling the injury, that Spurs doctors cleared out Kawhi but he wanted other opinions because he doesn't feel like himself on court, and he'll play when he feels ready to play.

So weird injuries happen. Doctors can make mistakes. Players can be cautious. Playing through an injury never led to good things. This is how I see this.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2018, 12:34 AM
Kawhi is a champion and Finals MVP, unlike Paul George. And he didn't have to ride on the coattails of a 73-win team to do it, unlike Durbeta.

Clipper Nation
02-22-2018, 12:36 AM
He's no Kobe

Damn straight. Kobe wishes he was Kawhi.

r0drig0lac
02-22-2018, 05:09 AM

/thread
lol spurstalk...

tenbeersbold
02-22-2018, 06:45 AM
I dunno...Kawhai is a legendary cheapskate/smart with his cash
Between the last few seasons and next year,he's probably gonna be sitting on at least 30+million dollars
Hand a few million stacks to a good hedge fund or two and he's SET.
He could easily walk away from the NBA and be set for life after next year if his quad doesn't feel right
Shoot already got a Ring and Finals MVP plus 2XDPOY,that's way more than most players get out of the NBA

daledondale
02-22-2018, 07:41 AM

BillMc
02-22-2018, 07:59 AM
Well, if he needs more time he needs more time. I'd be ok with scrapping this season if it means he'll be fully healthy and engaged next year. Play Kyle, Davis, DJ, Forbes, White, Paul, Joff and the half-d-league contracts and see who is worth a damn. Not saying tank, try and win, but maximize development and evaluation for the remainder of the season.

Could well be, if Kawhi feels whole by mid-summer then all these dark clouds go away. Of course, that assumes the contract issue is resolved and a draft day trade doesn't happen. A lot of "ifs" but Kawhi-level guys are hard to come by.

spurs50_
02-22-2018, 08:02 AM
"He a idiot"

Horse
02-22-2018, 08:02 AM
Bullshit this guy was blowing lebron minutes after lebron eliminated him. Also a major 4th quarter choker.

bic50
02-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Maybe PG-13 is more valuable. That dude came back from a broken leg, earlier than scheduled. In terms of all-around game, Kawhi is better but intangibles can't be taken lightly, which we Spurs fans should realize with the basketball king of intangibles in Tim Duncan. If these reports are true, I'm thoroughly disappointed in Kawhi's heart and loyalty to the organization and his teammates...and his mental make-up for the game.
Durant wasn't talking about coming back from injuries. Also george was unhappy in Indiana and left.

TheGreatYacht
02-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Paul George would have absolutely no problem playing in a small market with scrubs surrounding him

BillMc
02-22-2018, 10:08 AM
I tend to be sceptical of the wisdom of people who want near lifesized faces of Rick James on their thighs.

Every time KD takes a piss he can look down and see Super Freak staring up at him. That's a man with insight.