PDA

View Full Version : Zhaire Smith

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 01:33 AM
This is who the Spurs should target in the draft if they land pick #15-20.

This player doesn't need the basketball to be a force on the offensive end and has great potential defensively. Him, DeJounte, White would be a nice young guard nucleus to move forward with.

If they somehow miss playoffs and get pick 10th-14th, pray Mo Bamba, Knox or Mikal Bridges falls.

Those 4 players should be very very solid with high ceilings if they maintain great work ethic and have their head on right.

Earliest I've looked into the draft in a while tbh..

Play Boban
02-22-2018, 01:39 AM
scrub tbh

Play Boban
02-22-2018, 01:40 AM
Spurs should draft doncic

ElNono
02-22-2018, 01:48 AM
:pop: draft and stash baby

Robz4000
02-22-2018, 01:50 AM
No more guards. Either a big or a wing tbh.

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 02:17 AM
No more guards. Either a big or a wing tbh.

Spurs could be losing Green ( FA), Paul ( not pick up option), Manu ( retire), Forbes ( FA) , and Patty ( trade).

And Zhaire is a wing.

szkorhetz
02-22-2018, 02:27 AM
:pop: draft and stash baby

Robz4000
02-22-2018, 02:29 AM
Spurs could be losing Green ( FA), Paul ( not pick up option), Manu ( retire), Forbes ( FA) , and Patty ( trade).

And Zhaire is a wing.

We dont know that for sure yet; even then, if both Manu and Green are gone I doubt Pop trades Mills and Forbes is prolly brought back for continuity purposes. With Porker almost assuredly coming back that leaves the Spurs with five guards, none of which can be the starting 2. Unless Pop changes course about starting rookies the Spurs will sign a replacement vet, leaving the team with six guards. We've already seen this season what having too many guards is like.

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 02:34 AM
We dont know that for sure yet; even then, if both Manu and Green are gone I doubt Pop trades Mills and Forbes is prolly brought back for continuity purposes. With Porker almost assuredly coming back that leaves the Spurs with five guards, none of which can be the starting 2. Unless Pop changes course about starting rookies the Spurs will sign a replacement vet, leaving the team with six guards. We've already seen this season what having too many guards is like.

Im just saying there's a lot of uncertainty. And it can easily be not as crowded in just a few months.

I also really like DeAndre Hunter -- 6'8" wing.

Zhaire could play the SG or wing.

DeAndre can play 4-2 spots.

sasaint
02-22-2018, 03:04 AM

This player doesn't need the basketball to be a force on the offensive end and has great potential defensively. Him, DeJounte, White would be a nice young guard nucleus to move forward with.

If they somehow miss playoffs and get pick 10th-14th, pray Mo Bamba, Knox or Mikal Bridges falls.

Those 4 players should be very very solid with high ceilings if they maintain great work ethic and have their head on right.

I am a big Texas Tech fan, but that's too high for Zhaire.

r0drig0lac
02-22-2018, 05:24 AM
spurs need wings 6'7 6'8 '', no more players under 6'6 ", we already have enough of it here

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 12:35 PM
spurs need wings 6'7 6'8 '', no more players under 6'6 ", we already have enough of it here

If you weren't aware, Danny Green, Bryn Forbes, Tony Parker, and Brandon Paul (team option-- inevitable FA) are all Free Agents coming up and Manu will likely retire.

Zhaire is a solid 6'5- 6'6".

I also like DeAndre Hunter 6'8" wing.

rjv
02-22-2018, 12:38 PM

it would be the one consolation to what will likely be a very disappointing season. of course, any pick that has more value could also be turned into a trade package too.

8FOR!3
02-22-2018, 01:23 PM

And Zhaire is a wing.

I highly doubt Green passes on that player's option in this year's market. There's no way I see a team paying him for than 8 mil for next season teams just don't have the money. I'd also be pretty surprised if we have a top 20 pick almost shocked.

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 01:27 PM
I highly doubt Green passes on that player's option in this year's market. There's no way I see a team paying him for than 8 mil for next season teams just don't have the money. I'd also be pretty surprised if we have a top 20 pick almost shocked.

I can see a team easily giving Danny a 4 year deal for the MLE -- which he should find attractive. Instead of waiting another year when he's a year older and a chance of injury or regression.

pad300
02-22-2018, 01:44 PM
I can see a team easily giving Danny a 4 year deal for the MLE -- which he should find attractive. Instead of waiting another year when he's a year older and a chance of injury or regression.

If someone give Danny a 4 year deal starting at $8 M per year, why wouldn't we match? That's a pretty good deal for a starting level player - which Danny is, despite all the crap he gets on this site - especially given his "corporate knowledge" and "culture"...

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 01:51 PM
If someone give Danny a 4 year deal starting at $8 M per year, why wouldn't we match? That's a pretty good deal for a starting level player - which Danny is, despite all the crap he gets on this site - especially given his "corporate knowledge" and "culture"...

If Danny opts out, he's an unrestricted free agent -- meaning Spurs can't match.

But yes, Spurs could offer him that deal, but that would be up to Danny.

Keepin' it real
02-22-2018, 01:52 PM
Things are bad enough already, don't need to add a viral plague.

http://images.slideplayer.com/22/6382791/slides/slide_1.jpg

pad300
02-22-2018, 01:58 PM
If Danny opts out, he's an unrestricted free agent -- meaning Spurs can't match.

But yes, Spurs could offer him that deal, but that would be up to Danny.

Sure we can, we have his bird rights. We just can't trump him if his choice is somewhere else. So if someone else offers him that 4 yr MLE contract, he can come to SAS and ask them to match - and I am confident they would...

DontStopBelieving
02-22-2018, 02:11 PM
I've watched every game of his this year and can say that he is nowhere close to being ready. He'll be a solid prospect eventually but he really needs to come back to Tech next year

MaNu4Tres
02-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Sure we can, we have his bird rights. We just can't trump him if his choice is somewhere else. So if someone else offers him that 4 yr MLE contract, he can come to SAS and ask them to match - and I am confident they would...

Bird rights only means Spurs can go over cap to re-sign him as long as they don't renounce his cap hold. If Danny signs with another team, they can't technically match. But yeah, if Danny wanted to stay in San Antonio preferably, he can go back to them and say this team offered this much .. here's the contract, offer the same as this and I'll re-sign.

MaNu4Tres
04-27-2018, 05:27 PM
Still love him.

TheGreatYacht
04-27-2018, 05:48 PM
:td

BatManu20
04-27-2018, 06:22 PM
I think he’s gone by the time we select. He’s already moving up boards I’ve seen and th combine hasn’t even started.