PDA

View Full Version : Who are your top players in this upcoming draft for the Spurs?

keithington1
02-22-2018, 04:36 PM
I have 5 guys on my radar. The Spurs look for 4 main things in the new age when drafting. You must have defense, shotmaking, iq, and length. Also, the Spurs need and athletic 5 with upside, or a tall rangy 6'6" and above player with those 4 main qualities. Based off of that here are the 5 players with upside I believe the Spurs could draft within the 20-27 range. No particular order.

Shake Milton 6'6 PG/SG. Great on and off the ball. Guy who can create for others. Has great length. Not the greatest athlete and going to be 22 around draft time. Has the iq and length the Spurs look for. Can also shoot it. Think Delon Wright with a shot.

Daniel Gafford 6'11"C/PF. Super athletic big. Frame that can put on muscle. Not used much in his college system. Has shown flashes of passing ad shooting. Freshman. Think of a smart Javale McGee.

Troy Brown Jr. 6'6" SG/SF. Freshman with shotmaking upside, good size, and good position defense. Explosion is his only weakness and that's scary if your looking for a star player. Still young and can be molded. Think of a Caris Lavert type player. Might trade him on this list for Chandler Hutchinson soon because the Spurs value iq so much.

Keita Bates Diop 6'7" SF/PF. Tremendous length. Has one of the most efficient shots in college basketball. Great set shot. Great position defender. Not super explosive but has crazy length. Doesn't need the ball in his hands. 3 & D player. Needs to work on his form a little bit. Can be an all world defender. Can be similar to Wilson Chandler.

Alize Johnson 6'9" SF/PF. Plays like a mixture of Dennis Rodman, Draymond, and Jimmy Butler. Plays with no fear. Three point % has gone down this year but has shown he can put the ball in the basket over his career. I believe you can mold him into a superstar because he has the tools, athleticism, and drive. I believe he is is underrated. This is my number one guy for the Spurs right now. Subject to change after combine.

Any prospects/ pet cats you have your eyes on?