PDA

View Full Version : why are ppl spreading fake news?

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 08:06 AM
ive seen multiple ppl on multiple threads saying EVERY doctor is saying kawhi is fine...thats not true...only the spurs doctors are saying that...the other ones he has gone to has said something is wrong...that's a very significant piece of information...so stop painting it as if kawhi is being stubburn...the guy feels what he feels, and other doctors are seeing an issue

hater
02-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Link to where other doctors sqid he was still injured?

I believe they didnt say shit because of dr confidentiality.

Otherwise post the links. Or are you speading fake news?

hater
02-23-2018, 08:14 AM
Link to where other doctors said he was still injured?

I believe they didnt say shit because of dr confidentiality.

Otherwise post the links. Or are you speading fake news?

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 08:33 AM
either SAS or Skip (cant remember) this morning said that he spoke to ppl in the organization that said multiple doctors kawhi had seen said there was an issue with where the tendon connects to the bone, with one doctor even saying that it may need some cleaning up...only spurs doctors have said there is no issue...this is the first time any of us have heard what kawhi's outside doctors have said, and apparently it is different from the spurs staff...they reported even after his second opinion said something was wrong, he went for a third, and THEY said something was wrong too...

then Shannon told a story about when he injured his shoulder, and was cleared to play by his team staff, AND the second opinion...so he believes kawhi does have an issue...but all that is moot because contrary to what ppl on here are assuming, kawhi is feeling AND hearing something else from other docs

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 08:35 AM
here s the link...watch from 6:10 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuFrDPecJUg

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 08:37 AM
the 6:10 and 8:45 points are where he talks about what the other doctors have said...they said something is wrong...only our doctors are saying he should play

bklynspursfan
02-23-2018, 08:41 AM
"he's been cleared by the Spurs doctors and outside doctors, and it is on him.."

I believe that was the quote shared via Woj from a recent video

daledondale
02-23-2018, 08:57 AM
Why people make so much threads about the same shit?

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 09:08 AM
I believe that was the quote shared via Woj from a recent video

i hear u...but Skip wasn't even assuming...he stated it as fact that this happened...and considering we ARE talking about kawhi...it sounds accurate...kawhi has never been a mentally weak person...dude has always went above and beyond what was expected of him...to to thrash him because we want him playing is unfair...he deserves the benefit of the doubt...if he thinks something is wrong, and there are reports saying outside doctors are saying the same thing, i would more believe that

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 09:15 AM
the 6:10 and 8:45 points are where he talks about what the other doctors have said...they said something is wrong...only our doctors are saying he should play
Interesting.
But then Dipstick Skip goes on to say the Uncle is the agent and manager. Something Kawhis sister (allegedly) shot down in a tweet. So can we trust anything Skip says? Isn't he known to make shit up?

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
Interesting.
But then Dipstick Skip goes on to say the Uncle is the agent and manager. Something Kawhis sister (allegedly) shot down in a tweet. So can we trust anything Skip says? Isn't he known to make shit up?

not in this case...but isn't it known kawhi's uncle is managing him though? so in that case skip would be right...either way, remember skip is a huge spurs fan...so he wouldnt maliciously make up a story about doctors saying kawhi is injured...not to mention he gave very specific details about what they said...if he was making general statements, or being vague, that would be a red flag...but this is legit...more legit than the speculation ppl have been having for sure...and like i said, it lines up with what has been going on, and the personalities involved...

he then went on to talk about the specific treatment methods kawhi has been doing with the spurs that he has issue with...skip has insiders in the organization...he even said he spoke to some last night...so i definitely believe this report

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 09:46 AM
not in this case...but isn't it known kawhi's uncle is managing him though?
I'm wondering if his Uncle managing (or not) has ever been verified. There's this:

sananspursfan21
02-23-2018, 09:47 AM
These poor bastards can’t even wipe their own asses let alone spread fake news

bklynspursfan
02-23-2018, 09:58 AM
i hear u...but Skip wasn't even assuming...he stated it as fact that this happened...and considering we ARE talking about kawhi...it sounds accurate...kawhi has never been a mentally weak person...dude has always went above and beyond what was expected of him...to to thrash him because we want him playing is unfair...he deserves the benefit of the doubt...if he thinks something is wrong, and there are reports saying outside doctors are saying the same thing, i would more believe that

I mean everything I've read/seen about Kawhi is he loves to play and is a workhorse. I have a hard time believing he's just sitting out because he wants max $$ or because his Uncle wants him to, or w/e other theories out there.
I think he genuinely feels pain, even if minor, and is scared to play through it. They say he is working hard to return, so hopefully that is the case. People are quick to turn on our guys here, that much is obvious. They hear rumors and run with em

bklynspursfan
02-23-2018, 09:59 AM
I'm wondering if his Uncle managing (or not) has ever been verified. There's this:

This is all I've seen

Impact Sports represents the likes of Lavonte David, Robert Quinn, Travis Benjamin, Laquon Treadwell and Brandon Flowers among its roughly forty NFL clients. Additionally, it has grown a basketball division in the recent past, with its marquee client being San Antonio Spurs forward Kawhi Leonard.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2017/02/28/10-million-investment-should-have-a-major-impact-for-sports-agency/#243dd50e701a

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 10:09 AM
This is all I've seen
Right, so either Jabbri is right and the Uncle is NOT his agent or Skip is right and he is.
I'm just trying to establish cred.

But yes everything Kwa has ever shown would have us believe no way in hell is he faking it or pulling some :lol Todays NBA Player bullshit.

bklynspursfan
02-23-2018, 10:14 AM
Right, so either Jabbri is right and the Uncle is NOT his agent or Skip is right and he is.

But yes everything Kwa has ever shown would have us believe no way in hell is he faking it or pulling some :lol Todays NBA Player bullshit.

Yea, and Impact Sports still list him as a client on their site. Their twitter (although it's been a while since updating) still has a picture of him too as the main guy

https://twitter.com/impactsportsinc?lang=en

hater
02-23-2018, 10:23 AM
so no direct quote from a doctor that looked at Kawhi?

Fake news thread tbqh

YGWHI
02-23-2018, 10:41 AM
ive seen multiple ppl on multiple threads saying EVERY doctor is saying kawhi is fine...thats not true...only the spurs doctors are saying that...the other ones he has gone to has said something is wrong...that's a very significant piece of information...so stop painting it as if kawhi is being stubburn...the guy feels what he feels, and other doctors are seeing an issue

I've said before that not all medical opinions were coincident -why keep looking for other opinions after5 months if all were the same?- but no one here wants to hear that Spurs' doctors could be wrong eventually.

"The same doctors that helped Parker??" Like every injury is the same and every body reacts in the same way. Sometimes its easier to heal a broken tendon than fixing a tendon that surgery can't help.

But I guess people love drama and morbid stories like "but but he wants to go to LA" instead of believing he really feels pain and is still uncomfortable with his quad.

What people don't get is saying there isn't structural damage doesn't mean he can't feel pain and quad's malfuctions.

But it's easier to roast a player for feeling pain "Yeah he's such a coward, we pay millions to him, what a crybaby"

But those same fans wouldn't give him a contract if he aggravates it playing now..."Nah he's fucked, he aggravated his quad injury...Why he played if he didn't feel 100%? Don't give him a contract, it's his fault if he played injured"

Pain is a medical symptom that something isn't right.

Playing through an injury never led to good things.

"but but LA...he wants to go to LA" REALLY? Or you're projecting onto an NBA player what YOU would want...

rasuo214
02-23-2018, 10:42 AM

Both could be true, Impact Sports could be his official representation (contracts, endorsements etc.) but his uncle could be handling the day to day stuff and may be the one the Spurs are primarily interacting with. This shit has gone from just the pre-season to potentially all season and all sorts of rumors that its hard to know what is true. I think everyone can agree that hopefully all of this gets settled during the off-season, either everything ends up working out or they part ways and move on.

rasuo214
02-23-2018, 10:44 AM
so no direct quote from a doctor that looked at Kawhi?

Fake news thread tbqh

Is there a direct quote from the team doctors? Also why go to the same doctor unless he's telling Kawhi something contradictory to what the Spurs staff has stated?

YGWHI
02-23-2018, 10:53 AM
His uncle is like his PR. He deals with media, NBA officers...That's why he traveled to China with Kawhi and managed his public image there.

YGWHI
02-23-2018, 11:12 AM
Both could be true, Impact Sports could be his official representation (contracts, endorsements etc.) but his uncle could be handling the day to day stuff and may be the one the Spurs are primarily interacting with.
Agree. Since we know Kawhi only cares about basketball, it seems like his uncle is his voice in front media, officers, etc.

Kawhi had the same uncle and the same family during his 6 years in SA. Nothing happened.

Then he gets injured and people suddenly believe he wants to go to LA..Kawhi wasn't from SoCal the previous years? He forgot where he was from the previous years? Why he didn't want to leave before?

Just crazy rumors.

Again, a bit of common sense doesn't hurt.

Big Empty
02-23-2018, 11:15 AM
Kawhypo-con-driac

SAGirl
02-23-2018, 11:16 AM
Why people make so much threads about the same shit?
:tu
attention

rjv
02-23-2018, 11:21 AM
did skip mention whether or not troy aikman is still gay?

hater
02-23-2018, 11:30 AM
Is there a direct quote from the team doctors? Also why go to the same doctor unless he's telling Kawhi something contradictory to what the Spurs staff has stated?

Spurs have said he is cleared to play. Thats a fact

No need to hear from team doctors if hes cleared to play

Fake news thread so far tbqh

Btw im not saying Kawhi doesnt feel pain, he might but its fake news to say private doctors have openly disagred with Spurs diagnosis

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 11:47 AM

Numb Nutts, did you hear from Shannon Sharpe?
Broken collarbone. Was cleared to play by both team doctors AND his private doctor.
Tests don't always reveal everything, so STFU.

True that we have yet to see any PROOF of Kwas doctors findings. Just talking heads spinning.

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 11:50 AM
His uncle is like his PR. He deals with media, NBA officers...That's why he traveled to China with Kawhi and managed his public image there.
Good deal.
Because I believe Skip used the term "agent".
Anyways....
Glad to see with all the fake news about Kwa being difficult we are now getting some input that he may well indeed still be hurt. Hurt enough to not play. Regardless of what chip eating couch sitting 40% body phat SpurPoster says.

rasuo214
02-23-2018, 12:02 PM

Btw im not saying Kawhi doesnt feel pain, he might but its fake news to say private doctors have openly disagred with Spurs diagnosis

Clearing him to play doesn't mean he is injury free, all it means is they think he's good enough to play, players are cleared to play with injuries all the time. Really we don't know enough information from either side so we're left to speculate and come up with crazy ass theories until another rumor pops up.

hater
02-23-2018, 12:09 PM
Clearing him to play doesn't mean he is injury free, all it means is they think he's good enough to play, players are cleared to play with injuries all the time. Really we don't know enough information from either side so we're left to speculate and come up with crazy ass theories until another rumor pops up.

You gotta be shitting me

Of course we mean good enough to play. No player is injury free. A fucking broken nail could be considered an injury :lmao

hater
02-23-2018, 12:11 PM
Numb Nutts, did you hear from Shannon Sharpe?
Broken collarbone. Was cleared to play by both team doctors AND his private doctor.
Tests don't always reveal everything, so STFU.

True that we have yet to see any PROOF of Kwas doctors findings. Just talking heads spinning.

Congratulations on the stupidest post on the subject. And thats saying something :lmao

None of the retardation you said disputes the fact that its fake news to say private doctors have openly disagreed with Spurs diagnosis

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 12:14 PM
Congratulations on the stupidest post on the subject. And thats saying something :lmao
To the contrary, Shannon Sharps injury misdiagnosis speaks volumes and is directly on the subject.

rasuo214
02-23-2018, 12:16 PM
You gotta be shitting me

Of course we mean good enough to play. No player is injury free. A fucking broken nail could be considered an injury :lmao

He's been "cleared to play" since December, which is what he did. Then something caused them to shut him down (either Pop or Kawhi), stating the team has cleared him to play means nothing since he was already cleared to play in December.

hater
02-23-2018, 12:22 PM
And none of that proves any private doctor openly disagreed with spurs diagnosis

Fake news thread

MultiTroll
02-23-2018, 12:23 PM
the fact that its fake news to say private doctors have openly disagreed with Spurs diagnosis
At this point in time I agree it is merely speculation and hearsay. No verified reports.

rastaspur
02-23-2018, 12:57 PM
It has been confirmed. He confirmed it this morning.

spurraider21
02-23-2018, 01:14 PM
maybe the backlash of all the "his uncle is controlling him" talk will force him to stay with the spurs just to prove those reports wrong :downspin:

duncan2k5
02-23-2018, 07:47 PM
It's definitely not fake news... The second and third opinions said something different from Team doctors