PDA

View Full Version : Player Fan vs. Spurs Fan

SpurPadre
02-24-2018, 12:26 AM
I see alot of posters defending Kawhi and blasting fans that have been calling him out. But in doing so, aren't his defenders looking like player fans more than actual Spurs fans? Not trying to start shit here, I'm genuinely interested in finding out why are his detractors being called fickle for being worried about the state of the team due to the best player refusing to play despite being cleared across the board? Why isn't it legitimate for fans to take issue with Kawhi based on these reports?

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Sounds like Manu fans circa. 2013

HarlemHeat37
02-24-2018, 12:28 AM
Most, if not all the posters you're referring to are shtick/gimmick posters, tbh..

SpurPadre
02-24-2018, 12:29 AM

Can you ever question Manu's heart and mental toughness though?

tim_duncan_fan
02-24-2018, 12:30 AM
If the training/medical staff screwed up Kawhi' s recovery, the guy has a right to freak out.

tmtcsc
02-24-2018, 12:39 AM
Kawhi doesn't want to play because he doesn't feel as though he's ready. That's all we know. Based on the body of evidence and everything we know about the guy, he works his ass off to play and be the best. I can't see him holding himself out for anything other than his health. Pretty much what Manu said. It sucks, but that's the way it goes.

Because he's stayed quiet throughout this ordeal, all anyone can do is speculate and make assumptions. Unfortunately, its creating a lot of chatter & noise that could become a distraction for the team. None of it matters anyways. This team, even with Leonard, doesn't appear to have what it takes to win a fucking thing this year.

D. Murray is trash and has no business running a team. He can't shoot, makes too many mistakes and can't lead this team. Parker is too slow and inconsistent, Pau isn't starter worthy. It goes on and on. Danny Green with food poisoning now? Give me a fucking break. Spaghetti no less. Was it filled with seafood? WTF?

daslicer
02-24-2018, 12:40 AM
They are a combination of trolls and bandwagon fans. When I refer to bandwagon fans I refer to fans who became spur fans after the spurs drafted Duncan. Times are a tough now and they are ready to jump off the wagon.

Mikeanaro
02-24-2018, 12:44 AM
If the training/medical staff screwed up Kawhi' s recovery, the guy has a right to freak out.
Who knows? but remember Duncan played until he was age 40 with multiple issues, same Manu and Parker, IMO Kiwi is a porcelain doll he had the injury back in April/June had the whole offseason, the preseason, and just after a couple of games quits, maybe he needs to go thru the pain if there is no damage he needs to break that static pain because his muscles are weak and out of shape.

That Ricky Bobby joke is true.

SpurPadre
02-24-2018, 12:54 AM
They are a combination of trolls and bandwagon fans. When I refer to bandwagon fans I refer to fans who became spur fans after the spurs drafted Duncan. Times are a tough now and they are ready to jump off the wagon.

I'm from Northern California and I became a Spurs fan after Admiral was drafted but I'm still a fan of the team. TD retired, and I'm still a fan of the team. Kawhi may bitch and pout his way out of the team...and I'll still be a Spurs fan.

tholdren
02-24-2018, 01:44 AM

Manu is spurs

rasuo214
02-24-2018, 01:52 AM
Trashing a player on the team = true Spurs fan? Then what as fans are we rooting and supporting? The coaching staff and Front office?

daslicer
02-24-2018, 01:55 AM
I'm from Northern California and I became a Spurs fan after Admiral was drafted but I'm still a fan of the team. TD retired, and I'm still a fan of the team. Kawhi may bitch and pout his way out of the team...and I'll still be a Spurs fan.

Same here I became a fan back in the spring of '94 when I saw Robinson take Shaq to school. Since then I was hooked. I feel anybody who was a fan before Duncan has gone through some suffering to have perspective about winning and losing in this league. It's very hard to win in this league and I think a lot of these Duncan era fans took the winning for granted and thought it was easy. They are finding out now hard it is to win and they are not handling it well. I'm just like you I will be a spurs fan forever even if they are a 10 win team.

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2018, 01:56 AM
Trashing a player on the team = true Spurs fan? Then what as fans are we rooting and supporting? The coaching staff and Front office?

Yes.

Exactly.

SpurPadre
02-24-2018, 02:22 AM

One player does not a team make especially when he refuses to act like a leader even though he's the best player on the team by a long shot.

rasuo214
02-24-2018, 02:47 AM
One player does not a team make especially when he refuses to act like a leader even though he's the best player on the team by a long shot.

How does trashing a player on the team make you more of a fan than someone supporting that player? Is a person who shits on Pop more of a fan than someone that defends him because Pop is just 1 coach?

Darius Bieber
02-24-2018, 02:49 AM
The entire team is currently trash, aka Kawhi is our only hope from being a bottomfeeding team, aka Kawhi is the team tbh

r0drig0lac
02-24-2018, 08:26 AM
I'm worried about the Spurs roster having players like Bryn Forbes, Joffrey, BP3, etc. and contracts like those of Pau Gasol and Pat Mills, and I hope Kawhi gets the supermax

BSfromTX
02-24-2018, 08:37 AM
NBA today is about creating player fans
half this fourum is two psychos, their alts, and trolls
kawhi has no loyalty to this organization... david, Timmy, Manu, and TP were exceptions
I am a spurs fan, but of course I have favorites. Kawhi needs to clear the air. He has an obligation to the organization and the fans. It’s a part of the privilege he enjoys. Quiet or not, he needs to man up and be a stand up guy

Play Boban
02-24-2018, 10:00 AM
I see alot of posters defending Kawhi and blasting fans that have been calling him out. But in doing so, aren't his defenders looking like player fans more than actual Spurs fans? Not trying to start shit here, I'm genuinely interested in finding out why are his detractors being called fickle for being worried about the state of the team due to the best player refusing to play despite being cleared across the board? Why isn't it legitimate for fans to take issue with Kawhi based on these reports?
SpurPadre dropping truth bombs per par.

Play Boban
02-24-2018, 10:01 AM
kawhi has no loyalty to this organization... david, Timmy, Manu, and TP were exceptions
I am a spurs fan, but of course I have favorites. Kawhi needs to clear the air. He has an obligation to the organization and the fans. It’s a part of the privilege he enjoys. Quiet or not, he needs to man up and be a stand up guy
Kawhi is a heartless, soulless, selfish piece.

weebo
02-24-2018, 10:36 AM
Y'all are stupid if you think the Spurs' brass and KL team aren't in constant contact with each other. Spurs have always been loyal to their players and KL is cut from the same cloth--calm your tits and stop listening to what Jalen Rose, SAS or whoever about the KL situation--they don't know shit. More likely, Pop/Spurs have given KL as much time as he needs to get himself ready--the quotes from earlier this week weren't meant for KL but instead for everyone else, including his team--stop waiting for KL to come in and save the day and most importantly stop asking about when he's coming back.

Ice009
02-24-2018, 10:39 AM
Same here I became a fan back in the spring of '94 when I saw Robinson take Shaq to school. Since then I was hooked. I feel anybody who was a fan before Duncan has gone through some suffering to have perspective about winning and losing in this league. It's very hard to win in this league and I think a lot of these Duncan era fans took the winning for granted and thought it was easy. They are finding out now hard it is to win and they are not handling it well. I'm just like you I will be a spurs fan forever even if they are a 10 win team.

The first actual NBA game I saw (not just highlights) as a kid was Magic Vs Spurs, and D-Rob and Shaq both had 40+ (if I recall correctly) with the Spurs winning the game. I was like, whoa, this D-Rob guy looks awesome going against another guy that is also an incredible specimen (at the time, Shaq was a specimen himself). I was pretty much a Spurs fans since. That'd be crazy if we both saw the same game and were fans from that point on.

BSfromTX
02-24-2018, 11:55 AM
Fan since 82. The time between Gervin and Dave was rough. This forum would be empty if we were that bad again

daslicer
02-24-2018, 01:59 PM
Fan since 82. The time between Gervin and Dave was rough. This forum would be empty if we were that bad again

Outside of the Spurs I follow the Hornets who are my home team. They have been terrible for years since the time they came back to Charlotte in '04. During that time they have had 10-11 lottery picks and the best player they have gotten in that time period is Kemba Walker. They have gone to the playoffs only 3 times in that span and have not gotten out of the first round since 2002. They haven't won 50 games since '98. The fans here in Charlotte get excited when they go on a small win streak of 5 games. If the Spurs went through a losing stretch like the Hornets the posters in here would have epic meltdowns and bail. Following the Hornets for all these years has given me great perspective of how difficult it is to win in this league.

gambit1990
02-24-2018, 03:59 PM
spurs first. which is how everyone should be.

i'm giving kawhi the benefit of the doubt for how important he's been to us as well as how important he is to us going forward.

having real doubt about a player in their prime just choosing not to play.

tholdren
02-24-2018, 07:56 PM

Yep. People are still lebum and durbeta fans after their crying. Sad nba. Sad forum

ElNono
02-24-2018, 07:58 PM
can we distinguish Spurs fan vs PATFO fluffers, tbh?

tholdren
02-24-2018, 08:02 PM

Yes.

BSfromTX
02-24-2018, 08:27 PM

As annoying as Pop has been, he has had a lot to do with the spurs success. There have been a lot of great players that were not successful. I do believe there are plenty of GMs and coaches that would have failed starting out with the 97-98 spurs. It doesn’t mean though that pop hasn’t made some mistakes (several in the last year or two)

its a debate that could go on forever really

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 09:27 PM
I'd say it's Kawhi's own fault for not clearly addressing these issues in the media; but that's probably to much to expect from someone with autism.

Spurtacular
02-24-2018, 09:28 PM
I'd say it's Kawhi's own fault for not clearly addressing these issues in the media; but that's probably to much to expect from someone with autism.