PDA

View Full Version : Pop subtly recruiting LeBron

benefactor
02-25-2018, 06:48 PM

http://www.nba.com/article/2018/02/25/gregg-popovich-strongly-supports-lebron-james-courage-speak-out

BatManu20
02-25-2018, 06:50 PM
Kinda get that vibe too tbh. Been ongoing for a while now.

Play Boban
02-25-2018, 06:53 PM
Poop just can’t shut up, can he? Why doesn’t he quit “coaching” this basketball team into the gutter and go into politics already tbh?

ECOV
02-25-2018, 06:54 PM
liked what he had to say:king

BillMc
02-25-2018, 06:55 PM
In before someone here says Pop talking about LeBron speaking up is a shot at quiet Kawhi.

JeffDuncan
02-25-2018, 06:56 PM
Lol This place is always good for a chuckle.

HarlemHeat37
02-25-2018, 07:11 PM
Aldridge would be a horrible 3rd option, tbh..can't imagine what kind of roster they would need to build to fit around LeBron with the current pieces..

weeks
02-25-2018, 07:14 PM
In before someone here says Pop talking about LeBron speaking up is a shot at quiet Kawhi.

:lol seriously

K...
02-25-2018, 07:33 PM
More like pop trying to butt into the spotlight.

Canyonero
02-25-2018, 07:36 PM
It's happening, and there's no way you can stop it.

lefty
02-25-2018, 07:41 PM
Black panther : black uniform
Spurs : black uniform

Aw my gaaaaaad

Robz4000
02-25-2018, 07:43 PM
Aldridge would be a horrible 3rd option, tbh..can't imagine what kind of roster they would need to build to fit around LeBron with the current pieces..

There are some solid pieces (Mills, Bertans, Murray) if the Spurs plan to play at a higher pace with Lebron, and LMA would be fine as a 3rd option if he embraces the 3 pt shot. Det defense regardless tho.

Obviously this is all moot though; Lebron isn't coming here.

Mr. Body
02-25-2018, 07:46 PM
Poop just can’t shut up, can he? Why doesn’t he quit “coaching” this basketball team into the gutter and go into politics already tbh?

Because the country is run by corrupt, complicit assholes and we should all be speaking up, dipshit.

spursistan
02-25-2018, 07:47 PM
Lebron career milestones are too good to be done with only 3 rings (and the double of them in Final losses). He just needs another title for the Jordan conversation to get real..At the end of the day that simplistic argument still carry much of the day..

If Kawhi isn't irreversibly altered by this quad injury, signing a two-year deal in San Antonio makes sense and is probably the second best option after Rockets from an immediate title contention vantage point.

Hoops Czar
02-25-2018, 08:07 PM
Pop was asked a question and he answered it. I don't know how that qualifies as recruitment. Lebron isn't signing with the Spurs.

Chris
02-25-2018, 08:14 PM
Shut up and dribble got em triggered good!

spurs10
02-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Great response by Pop!

ElNono
02-25-2018, 08:29 PM

If you have GM Lebron, LMA can walk, tbh

marinoman
02-25-2018, 08:50 PM
I doubt he leaves Cleveland, tho i doubted it in 2010 too. I think LA is what the knicks were then. A bunch of bullshit speculation with no real likelihood

Play Boban
02-25-2018, 09:06 PM
Because the country is run by corrupt, complicit assholes and we should all be speaking up, dipshit.
Did you miss Poop openly campaigning for Clinton? Poop loves corruption. :lol

ducks
02-25-2018, 09:21 PM
If James spoke and praised trump pop would tell James to shut the hell up

tholdren
02-25-2018, 09:22 PM
Shut up and dribble got em triggered good!

Dancelot
02-25-2018, 09:33 PM
This.

tholdren
02-25-2018, 09:40 PM

How bout when bron gets coaches fired then acts like he doesnt know whats happening? Or how about lebron breaking rules to get his miami team together. Ill agree that hes been a good role model for the most part, but hes a cry baby. As for your last comment, isnt lebum the same corrupt person running the nba as you are crying about? Oh the irony

bic50
02-25-2018, 09:49 PM
This country was never run by corrupt, complicit assholes before now?

noles1983
02-25-2018, 09:53 PM
I love all the Pro Trump cucks in here that get pissed off at Pop and other celebrities for mentioning political opinions. These same cucks were ok with a D list celebrity in Trump doing the same thing and then even voted for the POS.

BatManu20
02-25-2018, 09:59 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/242fj3n.jpg

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:01 PM

Not worse then any other presidents
More is coming out against former president
He is much more corrupt then trump

cutewizard
02-25-2018, 10:01 PM
:flag:

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:02 PM

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:03 PM
These celebrities said they would leave USA if he won
They have not
They say he is not their president but want him to get very strict gun laws

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:05 PM
James also says refs were the reason spurs won today
I mean he said he only had 4 free throws

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:06 PM
Pop was asked a question and he answered it. I don't know how that qualifies as recruitment. Lebron isn't signing with the Spurs.
Of course not he not worth Supermax will not take less then that

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:08 PM
She wrote a book on in in 2000
She been saying it for 15 years but according to Durant right now it racist bullshit
She calls out everyone

cd021
02-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Think it was just Pop defending someone who he admires and respects against a comment that was pretty fucking stupid and has been getting ripped, rightfully so.

ducks
02-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Only gets ripped by liberals because cnn tells them to

Mr. Body
02-25-2018, 10:56 PM

Not like this one. We're in the cusp of the biggest scandal in American history: Trump and team worked with a hostile foreign government to subvert our democratic election. And Trump's family and son-in-law are selling national secrets to pay off their debts. This is going to hit all of us like a ton of bricks.

urunobili
02-25-2018, 11:05 PM
The “Superhero” word selection can indeed be interpreted as a jab at Kawhi TBH.

I think the recruitment is for team USA not for the Spurs tho

ducks
02-25-2018, 11:50 PM
Clinton 1.2 billion
Russia trolls 40k
But Russia was reason trump won ask fake news

ducks
02-25-2018, 11:52 PM
Not like this one. We're in the cusp of the biggest scandal in American history: Trump and team worked with a hostile foreign government to subvert our democratic election. And Trump's family and son-in-law are selling national secrets to pay off their debts. This is going to hit all of us like a ton of bricks.
Prove it nothing yet
Proof Clinton did
Former president gave big cash to Iran congress did not even investigate
Did not former president give more then Clinton spent trying to be president

cjw
02-25-2018, 11:53 PM
Black panther : black uniform
Spurs : black uniform

Aw my gaaaaaad

The Lakers, Cavs, Warriors and Rockets all have black alt uniforms.

HarlemHeat37
The Lakers, Cavs, Warriors and Rockets all have black alt uniforms.

:lol

Proxy
@ duck

https://media.giphy.com/media/O5NyCibf93upy/giphy.gif

Arcadian
02-26-2018, 12:02 AM
Aldridge would be a horrible 3rd option, tbh..

Wrong again. You're on a roll with shit takes lately.

Current Aldridge > 2011 Bosh

duncan2k5
02-26-2018, 12:04 AM
:flag:

Prove it nothing yet
Proof Clinton did

The money to Iran was Iran's own money you idiot... Do you know nothing about politics?

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2018, 12:06 AM
Wrong again. You're on a roll with shit takes lately.

Current Aldridge > 2011 Bosh

I know your posts are literally always full of cliches and corniness and you can't think outside your little box, but believing Lamarcus Aldridge would accept a 3rd option role is beyond stupid, tbh:lol he JUST asked for a trade less than a year ago because of his role and touches..you think he's going to accept a 3rd option role behind Kawhi and ball-dominant LeBron?:lmao omg..

Bosh and Love have both spoken on the difficulties of becoming a 3rd wheel on a superteam after being the main guy and how it's a monumental task, yet you think LaMarcus "I need my touches or I want out" Aldridge aka "Phoenix is my other choice" would accept that role?:lmao

TimDunkem
02-26-2018, 12:07 AM
I know your posts are literally always full of cliches and corniness, but thinking Aldridge would accept a 3rd option role is beyond stupid, tbh:lol he JUST asked for a trade less than a year ago because of his role and touches..you think he's going to accept a 3rd option role behind Kawhi and ball-dominant LeBron?:lmao omg..

Fool is acting like this is 2k. :lol

cutewizard
02-26-2018, 12:08 AM
I liked that block by SlowMo over the King!!!!!

hhahahahaha

wait ill try to find a video

cutewizard
02-26-2018, 12:21 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHuGRtJ7CTg

Play Boban
02-26-2018, 12:31 AM
:lol Quit reading DailyKos tbh. :lol

ducks
02-26-2018, 12:36 AM
The money to Iran was Iran's own money you idiot... Do you know nothing about politics? why did he not tell Congress or Anyone before he did it

Hoops Czar
02-26-2018, 01:00 AM
I know your posts are literally always full of cliches and corniness and you can't think outside your little box, but believing Lamarcus Aldridge would accept a 3rd option role is beyond stupid, tbh:lol he JUST asked for a trade less than a year ago because of his role and touches..you think he's going to accept a 3rd option role behind Kawhi and ball-dominant LeBron?:lmao omg..

Bosh and Love have both spoken on the difficulties of becoming a 3rd wheel on a superteam after being the main guy and how it's a monumental task, yet you think LaMarcus "I need my touches or I want out" Aldridge aka "Phoenix is my other choice" would accept that role?:lmao

Do you think Lebron "all about me" would ever take a back seat role to Kawhi Leonard? :lmao Just like LMA not accepting a role as 3rd option, Lebron wouldn't accept anything less than first because it would affect his legacy. He also couldn't manipulate the Spurs FO into making moves and firing coaches for the sake of it.

Btw, LMA can say what he wants about wanting Leonard back but we both know that he's the only player on the team that hopes Kawhi is out for the season and then some. He's a stat padding fool that needs to learn his game is outdated and incapable of winning championships as a first team option.

Mr. Body
02-26-2018, 01:08 AM
Prove it nothing yet
Proof Clinton did

You're a fucking moron.

Mr. Body
02-26-2018, 01:08 AM
:lol Quit reading DailyKos tbh. :lol

Stay tuned, bro. Mueller knows everything.

gospursgojas
02-26-2018, 01:29 AM
Ducks=Russian Bot

Down Under
02-26-2018, 01:30 AM
You could ask LMA if he wanted to be traded as opposed to being a 3rd option. I'm fairly sure, despite ego, he understands LeBron is the best player & a team would be silly not to go after him if given the chance. I'd hate to see him go - especially with his commitment on the defensive end this year, but his stock would be pretty damn high - you could get a real nice group of role players for him, probably even a 3rd tier star.

mo7888
02-26-2018, 02:07 AM
Only gets ripped by liberals because cnn tells them to

Not just liberals... I'm a conservative and I think what she said was stupid. I don't agree with Pop or LeBron on most things political but, to tell someone to shut up and dribble, like they don't deserve an opinion, is assinine.

BillMc
02-26-2018, 05:24 AM
Not just liberals... I'm a conservative and I think what she said was stupid. I don't agree with Pop or LeBron on most things political but, to tell someone to shut up and dribble, like they don't deserve an opinion, is assinine.

THis

duncan2k5
02-26-2018, 06:09 AM
why did he not tell Congress or Anyone before he did it

He did.. What are u talking about? Lmao

duncan2k5
02-26-2018, 06:19 AM

Holy crap! A principled conservative! Props!

r0drig0lac
02-26-2018, 08:04 AM

sick

Lebron, healthy Kawhi, Lamarcus and 2 dleaguers are probably winning at least 60 games just for the talent

AFMadison
02-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Rather have Kyrie tbh

benefactor
02-26-2018, 08:15 AM
Go ducks go!

tbdog
02-26-2018, 08:32 AM
We would have to gut our team to pay him 35mil. He needs to take a Durant pay cut, around 25mil.

dbreiden83080
02-26-2018, 09:53 AM
Lebron would find things to whine about even with Pop. The older he gets the more he whines..

dbreiden83080
02-26-2018, 09:54 AM
We would have to gut our team to pay him 35mil. He needs to take a Durant pay cut, around 25mil.

After Cavs lose bad in the finals or even in the ECF, he will likely go to GS or Houston. Ring chase and make it easy..

BatManu20
02-26-2018, 10:04 AM

Bingo. She's a dumbass.

rjv
02-26-2018, 10:43 AM

sort of the way most of us feel about you.

Play Boban
02-26-2018, 10:44 AM
sort of the way most of us feel about you.

Glad to hear it! :)

Chinook
02-26-2018, 10:50 AM
Doesn't seem all that subtle. Doubt Pop would be fined for tampering given the social nature of the comments. But Magic was just fined for less.

DJR210
02-26-2018, 11:31 AM

:lmao

kaji157
02-26-2018, 12:35 PM
We can offer green and Anderson and Kawhi as a filler for him

Seventyniner
02-26-2018, 12:45 PM
Doesn't seem all that subtle. Doubt Pop would be fined for tampering given the social nature of the comments. But Magic was just fined for less.

I think Magic was fined due to how blatant his statement was. #FutureLaker basically forced Silver's hand.

Seventyniner
02-26-2018, 12:47 PM

By far the Spurs' best chance of getting LeBron is how the Rockets got Chris Paul. LeBron opts in to the second and final year of his contract and the Spurs trade for him. The Cavs have an incentive to deal if LeBron tells them "if you don't do this deal I'm opting out and walking anyway."

This keeps the Spurs above the cap and doesn't require dumping a bunch of salary. Who the Cavs would want back is unknown but again they would otherwise get nothing. Look at what the Clippers got for Paul: 7 players and a 1st, though Beverly and Lou Williams were the only above-average players of the 7.

Chinook
02-26-2018, 12:51 PM
I think Magic was fined due to how blatant his statement was. #FutureLaker basically forced Silver's hand.

I don't think he said anything like that this most recent time. I thought he just complimented Giannis on his skill and maybe said he's be an MVP or something.

Chinook
02-26-2018, 12:57 PM
By far the Spurs' best chance of getting LeBron is how the Rockets got Chris Paul. LeBron opts in to the second and final year of his contract and the Spurs trade for him. The Cavs have an incentive to deal if LeBron tells them "if you don't do this deal I'm opting out and walking anyway."

This keeps the Spurs above the cap and doesn't require dumping a bunch of salary. Who the Cavs would want back is unknown but again they would otherwise get nothing. Look at what the Clippers got for Paul: 7 players and a 1st, though Beverly and Lou Williams were the only above-average players of the 7.

The Spurs can get somewhat close to giving Lebron the max ($31-33 Million) without gutting their team. It just depends on how much money Green and Parker want. They'd have to let Anderson and Forbes go and find takers for Patty and Pau. But none of those guys are worth missing out on James for. I'm not sure, however, if PATFO would be willing to have a third under-the-cap year in four seasons or if Lebron would take even that much less when he can get the biggest contract ever if he stays. It would probably be easier to acquire James to replace Kawhi rather than pairing with him too, logistically speaking. I'm not sure Kawhi would want Lebron on his squad.

Also, kinda nitpicky, but James is actually on a three-year deal right now, if he opts in. So the Spurs would get his full Bird rights. Not that big of a deal given his status as a max player already. But you never know.

monkeypunk
02-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Stay tuned, bro. Mueller knows everything.

spurraider21
02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
"no team has gotten more years out of its stars than the Spurs"

:lol tell that to kawhi

ducks
02-26-2018, 01:41 PM
Knows he is paid for buy democracts and hired people who waste their money and give to democracts

SAGirl
02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
The Spurs can get somewhat close to giving Lebron the max ($31-33 Million) without gutting their team. It just depends on how much money Green and Parker want. They'd have to let Anderson and Forbes go and find takers for Patty and Pau. But none of those guys are worth missing out on James for. I'm not sure, however, if PATFO would be willing to have a third under-the-cap year in four seasons or if Lebron would take even that much less when he can get the biggest contract ever if he stays. It would probably be easier to acquire James to replace Kawhi rather than pairing with him too, logistically speaking. I'm not sure Kawhi would want Lebron on his squad.

Also, kinda nitpicky, but James is actually on a three-year deal right now, if he opts in. So the Spurs would get his full Bird rights. Not that big of a deal given his status as a max player already. But you never know.
We could never know what Kiwi wants, since he rarely speaks but I expect him to have the same issues Irving had playing in Lebron's shadow.

Kiwi wants to be the man. He was the man in 67 and 61 win teams and he was giving GSW a huge scare as a high usage star in game one WCF last season b4 he got Zaza'd. I don't think he was even interested in having Durant on the team, since he didn't go to the meeting to recruit him. That was a PATFO dream.

Of course Kiwi's quad situation has placed the Spurs in a difficult spot with him, but I would expect Kiwi to not care about Lebron. And there's not enough ball for Touches, a high usage Kiwi, and Lebron. If Lebron were to consider the Spurs, one of their current stars might be on their way out.

I still don't think Lebron is headed to SA... But I also think Kiwi is legit not healthy and still hope he will be back next season. I could be wrong in all fronts.

Seventyniner
02-26-2018, 02:38 PM

Agree that Kawhi might not want LeBron here, and before all this injury drama his opinion might have been worth something. But if the Spurs can't count on him they have to improve the team however they can. Kawhi might also not want to rock the boat too much If he wants the supermax.

I didn't know LeBron was on a three-year deal. I assumed he was still signing the same contract every offseason: 2 year max with player option on year 2. The Bird rights wouldn't matter until 2020, right?

BillMc
02-26-2018, 02:46 PM
Subtle as Tony chatting up someone's wife at a party.

jermaine
02-26-2018, 02:50 PM
sick

Lebron, healthy Kawhi, Lamarcus and 2 dleaguers are probably winning at least 60 games just for the talent

How would Labron feel being the Iron man of the NBA playing alone side a guy making 19mil an missing the entire season cuz he's not 100% healthy!?!

MoSpur02
02-26-2018, 03:05 PM
Rather have Aaron Gordon

Budkin
02-26-2018, 03:32 PM
Joke as much as you want about how unlikely it is. It’s a very real possibility.

Budkin
02-26-2018, 03:33 PM
Rather have Aaron Gordon

cd98
02-26-2018, 03:53 PM
If we can find a way to get Curry and Green from GSW and LeBron, we could have the all Woke All Star team with the wokest coach in sports.

Chinook
02-26-2018, 03:54 PM
Agree that Kawhi might not want LeBron here, and before all this injury drama his opinion might have been worth something. But if the Spurs can't count on him they have to improve the team however they can. Kawhi might also not want to rock the boat too much If he wants the supermax.

It's more that I don't think James will come unless the whole organization recruits him. If Kawhi pulls a Rose, I think James moves on. I agree that the team probably won't base their off-season purely on what Kawhi wants.

I didn't know LeBron was on a three-year deal. I assumed he was still signing the same contract every offseason: 2 year max with player option on year 2. The Bird rights wouldn't matter until 2020, right?

James signed two one-and-ones when he went back to Cleveland. After that, Cleveland used EB rights to give him the max. EB contracts have to be for at least two years, not counting options. So James is in year two of a potential three-year deal. Bird rights would not matter if the team signs him. But it would matter if the team tried to trade for him, like Houston did with Paul. They'd have James with full Bird rights in 2019 in that scenario, rather than just non-Bird rights if he signed a one-year deal.

Chinook
02-26-2018, 03:55 PM
If we can find a way to get Curry and Green from GSW and LeBron, we could have the all Woke All Star team with the wokest coach in sports.

Curry? Irving's woke as fuck, man.

cd98
02-26-2018, 03:59 PM

Irving and LeBron can’t coexist, tho.

phxspurfan
02-26-2018, 04:55 PM
tampering lol

DMC
02-26-2018, 05:41 PM
Pop supports the Black Panthers.

DMC
02-26-2018, 05:42 PM

Except about the horizon tbh

DMC
02-26-2018, 05:43 PM
Subtle as Tony chatting up someone's wife at a party.

If Tony is chatting up your wife, your wife is probably pretty hot. Plus you might get an "in" ticket with TP. You never know. Wives come and go.

spursistan
02-26-2018, 05:44 PM

The season of begging has kicked off..

Philly youth and the fit with Simmons makes me very skeptical this could work..

cool cat
02-26-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure there was anything subtle about that recruitment.

bigfan
02-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Pop is the best for all sorts of reasons. However LeBron probably won't take his talents anywhere, he has been down that road before.

BillMc
02-26-2018, 06:01 PM
If Tony is chatting up your wife, your wife is probably pretty hot. Plus you might get an "in" ticket with TP. You never know. Wives come and go.
:lol

So you'd pimp the wife to Tony for court side seats?

monkeypunk
02-26-2018, 06:38 PM
Knows he is paid for buy democracts and hired people who waste their money and give to democracts

You never cease to impress with your ability to show how stupid you are. Stay off Breitshart and your IQ might just go up a few notches....

tbdog
02-26-2018, 06:40 PM

I would love the Spurs to keep Green, Kyle, Gay, and Leonard to go with Lebron and LMA. Is that possible? If TP takes a very cheap contract? That length is just incredible. Isn't Kyle Anderson cap hold very small as he is 30th pick?

If you have a look at Gay's and Kyle's game, they are just inferior versions of Leonard and Lebron. Essentially, rest, injuries, normal substitutions, you could run the same sets by replacing Lebron with Kyle or Leonard with Gay.

TheDoctor
02-26-2018, 06:50 PM
That's NBA Champion Austin Daye's number. GTFO tbh.

Chinook
02-26-2018, 06:58 PM
I would love the Spurs to keep Green, Kyle, Gay, and Leonard to go with Lebron and LMA. Is that possible? If TP takes a very cheap contract? That length is just incredible. Isn't Kyle Anderson cap hold very small as he is 30th pick?

If you have a look at Gay's and Kyle's game, they are just inferior versions of Leonard and Lebron. Essentially, rest, injuries, normal substitutions, you could run the same sets by replacing Lebron with Kyle or Leonard with Gay.

Kyle's cap hold is like $7 Million, so he can't be counted on to save the team money. Whether they could keep those guys and give James somewhere in the $30 Million area would depend on Green taking even less and the team finding a way to get Mills and Gasol off the team with no money coming back very unlikely. In that same vein, Rudy opting out and re-upping for a lot less would also help east some financial pressure, as would Kyle getting a deal starting at less than $6 Million. I don't think it's really realistic, even calibrating for how remote the possibility of James coming over would be in the first place.

TD 21
02-26-2018, 07:18 PM

It's all about context. If the theoretical third star is James, whether he'd like it or not, he'd have virtually no choice but to fall in line behind 2 of the 3 best players in the league. Not doing so would be damaging to his reputation, which he clearly cares deeply about, especially on the heels of another big contract and a season where he's proved he can still be the 1st option on a winning team. With those two things taken care of, his reputation would be cemented as a player who doesn't care about winning.

r0drig0lac
02-26-2018, 07:22 PM
interesting

BillMc
02-26-2018, 07:37 PM
That's NBA Champion Austin Daye's number. GTFO tbh.

Arcadian
02-26-2018, 07:45 PM

I won't pretend to know how he would psychologically react to such a situation, but he is a better player than Bosh ever was. You have to uphold this narrative that he's some kind of cancer to maintain consistency with your previous shit takes, but that's just speculation. You're basically assuming he would quit the team if the Spurs added another star player. Or maybe he would actually enjoy winning and realize the synergy was benefitting him as well.

You don't fucking know. You're not this all-wise basketball sage you want people to perceive you as. You're just another dude on a forum shooting the shit like the rest of us.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-26-2018, 08:24 PM
With Kawhi, Lebron and LMA there would be a line of title chasers willing to join the Spurs on the cheap.

Pipe dream...but dreams are what fandom is all about.

ducks
02-26-2018, 09:59 PM
You never cease to impress with your ability to show how stupid you are. Stay off Breitshart and your IQ might just go up a few notches....

Never gone there

ducks
02-26-2018, 10:00 PM

So you have low iq if you conservative like founding fathers

monkeypunk
02-26-2018, 11:12 PM
So you have low iq if you conservative like founding fathers

Not at all but Trump is in no way a conservative. He’s an actual mobster / money launderer who’s only faithful to those who line his own pockets. If you still support him after his stance on immigration, limiting states rights and tax cuts which will massively increase US debt then you’re not a conservative but you are an idiot.

Read a book or something man, damn.

BackHome
02-27-2018, 12:53 PM
Fuck Lebron he is a Bitch that has quit on Miami and now Cleveland.

tholdren
02-27-2018, 11:13 PM
Fuck Lebron he is a Bitch that has quit on clevland then Miami and now Cleveland.

Arcadian
02-28-2018, 01:54 PM
Nothing "subtle" about it.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 02:13 PM
With Kawhi, Lebron and LMA there would be a line of title chasers willing to join the Spurs on the cheap.

Pipe dream...but dreams are what fandom is all about.

PATFO would never go for an extreme roster overhaul - even if it meant bringing in LeBron. Even in a pipe dream, can anybody see that happening? Or see Pop and LeBron not having a power struggle to match Lenin and Trotsky?

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 03:22 PM
they [the Founding Fathers] were classically liberal

Stating that the founding fathers were classically liberal does not mean that they somehow endorse modern "progressive" liberalism. :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's revisionist BS and a disingenuous attempt to equate the two at best. The position of the founding fathers most closely resembles the views of today's conservatives (generally speaking, ofc). They set up the framework of the U.S. Government to ensure that it would not overly control The People. Over the course of time, however, the size, control, influence, and power of the federal government has grown beyond their wildest expectations (despite their very clear and explicit admonition against such centralization of power).

They understood that the government existed to protect what it could not intrinsically grant. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The government doesn't give us those rights, our Creator does. The government serves the people to protect those rights.

The point is that the purpose of the government for progressive liberals is drastically different compared against the role that the founding fathers envisioned for it. Today's liberals want to empower the government to control all areas of our lives according to their ideologies. People not aligned with their ideology are purged out by attrition until ONLY their ideology is upheld by all. BUT THAT DYNAMIC inherently limits our GOD-given freedoms and personal choices. To them freedom isn't as important as their need for control because they understand that a citizenry empowered with autonomous freedom deflates their ultimate quest for power. Ironically enough liberalism's view of personal accountability is not critically important - though to conservatives personal accountability goes hand-in-hand with the concept of freedom. As John Adams phrased it, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Have you even studied U.S. History?

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 03:30 PM
Stating that the founding fathers were classically liberal does not mean that they somehow endorse modern "progressive" liberalism. :lol :lol :lol :lol

That's revisionist BS and a disingenuous attempt to equate the two at best. The position of the founding fathers most closely resembles the views of today's conservatives (generally speaking, ofc). They set up the framework of the U.S. Government to ensure that it would not overly control The People. Over the course of time, however, the size, control, influence, and power of the federal government has grown beyond their wildest expectations (despite their very clear and explicit admonition against such centralization of power).

They understood that the government existed to protect what it could not intrinsically grant. "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." The government doesn't give us those rights, our Creator does. The government serves the people to protect those rights.

The point is that the purpose of the government for progressive liberals is drastically different compared against the role that the founding fathers envisioned for it. Today's liberals want to empower the government to control all areas of our lives according to their ideologies. People not aligned with their ideology are purged out by attrition until ONLY their ideology is upheld by all. BUT THAT DYNAMIC inherently limits our GOD-given freedoms and personal choices. To them freedom isn't as important as their need for control because they understand that a citizenry empowered with autonomous freedom deflates their ultimate quest for power. Ironically enough liberalism's view of personal accountability is not critically important - though to conservatives personal accountability goes hand-in-hand with the concept of freedom. As John Adams phrased it, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

Have you even studied U.S. History?
its weird we had to step in for god and give those rights to blacks too

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 04:24 PM
its weird we had to step in for god and give those rights to blacks too

The representatives from the southern colonies muddied up the waters and coerced everyone at the Constitutional Convention to compromise the meaning of the phrase "all men created equal" to mean that black people were only 3/5ths of a man so that they would ratify the Constitution (even though such an action ultimately leveraged control away from them [the slave owning states] and at least ensured that they weren't the ones controlling policy). The minimization of the value of human life caught up to the nation, the "3/5th's Compromise" was a grave evil blemish that President Lincoln severely critiqued, "bitterly cost the nation the blood of its people". In other words IT WAS A MISTAKE that was paid for in blood. No one stepped in for "god"; GOD had it right from the beginning.

:lol Today's agnostics and atheists trying to re-interpret the birth of our nation as an event completely unassociated with the Judeo-Christian principles that the founding fathers understood were needed for a functioning society.

They clamor for the 'separation of Church and State' (which is something most sane people endorse - meaning that the State doesn't control or preside over the Church, and likewise that the Church doesn't control and preside over the State). But they completely trample over the free exercise clause (which was important enough to those that framed up the Constitution that it is among the first Rights mentioned in the document). "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 04:27 PM
The representatives from the southern colonies muddied up the waters and coerced everyone at the Constitutional Convention to compromise the meaning of the phrase "all men created equal" to mean that black people were only 3/5ths of a man so that they would ratify the Constitution (even though such an action ultimately leveraged control away from them [the slave owning states] and at least ensured that they weren't the ones controlling policy). The minimization of the value of human life caught up to the nation, the "3/5th's Compromise" was a grave evil blemish that President Lincoln severely critiqued, "bitterly cost the nation the blood of its people". In other words IT WAS A MISTAKE that was paid for in blood. No one stepped in for "god"; GOD had it right from the beginning.

:lol Today's agnostics and atheists trying to re-interpret the birth of our nation as an event completely unassociated with the Judeo-Christian principles that the founding fathers understood were needed for a functioning society.

They clamor for the 'separation of Church and State' (which is something most sane people endorse - meaning that the State doesn't control or preside over the Church, and likewise that the Church doesn't control and preside over the State). But they completely trample over the free exercise clause (which was important enough to those that framed up the Constitution that it is among the first Rights mentioned in the document). "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
i dont see how free exercise is trampled

a public school teacher is free to pray, go to church, etc. as long as it becomes a part of her work, in the capacity of a public employee, it steps into establishment territory, not free exercise. same with 10 commandments in courts and stuff. nobody says judges cant be christian. the court as an institution can't be

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 04:51 PM
i dont see how free exercise is trampled

When the State tells the Church that their views are not aligned with their progressive ideologies.

Ummmm let me see off the top of my head...

Houston Ex-Mayor requesting that pastors and ministers submit their sermons ahead of time to ensure that "the teaching of homosexuality as a sin" be removed or otherwise be subjected to punishment by city ordinance.

When the State tells teachers that because they are "federal employees" they cannot observe their religious practices while on school grounds.

When the State tells military chaplains that they cannot observe the religious practices of their own personal faith - so as to not offend those of other faiths.

When the State intrudes upon the curricular preferences of parents with home-schooled children - so long as standardized tests are passed, they should have no other jurisprudence.

When the State tells parents that an unwillingness to accept "transgenderism" is considered "abuse" - and that the State has a right in such cases to take the child away.

When the State forces business owners, artisans or craftsmen, to create products that violate their personal religious views.

Look...

We're ideological opposites. Your worldview is radically different from my own. I'm not here to try and convince you that you should believe as I do. I inherently believe that you have the free will to believe whatever you want. Unfortunately, those with progressive ideologies don't extend that same consideration. There is no mutual reciprocity when it comes to the freedom of worldview belief. They want conservatives and people with religious beliefs to bow at the altar of their ideologies.

I don't have to agree with someone's views to understand that they inherently have a right to believe as they wish. For example, I believe the KKK embodies hateful, ignorant ideology - I DON'T AGREE WITH IT AT ALL. BUT, in this country they have the right to believe as they wish - much to their own detriment (hate breeds anger and discontent - which robs them of peace, and love - so ultimately, they can never truly harbor happiness). I certainly wouldn't want to live a life like theirs... but that is what they've chosen. So be it.

The moment they infringe the rights of others however, (taking a life, robbing from them, etc...) then, and only then the State can step in. Otherwise the State would slip down the slope of "policing thoughts" - which is a very dangerous outlook for personal freedom.

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
When the State tells the Church that their views are not aligned with their progressive ideologies.

Ummmm let me see off the top of my head...

Houston Ex-Mayor requesting that pastors and ministers submit their sermons ahead of time to ensure that "the teaching of homosexuality as a sin" be removed or otherwise be subjected to punishment by city ordinance.
yeah, i'd agree that's an overreach. so did the mayor of houston

Mayor Parker agrees with those who are concerned about the city legal department’s subpoenas for pastor’s sermons. The subpoenas were issued by pro bono attorneys helping the city prepare for the trial regarding the petition to repeal the new Houston Equal Rights Ordinance (HERO) in January. Neither the mayor nor City Attorney David Feldman were aware the subpoenas had been issued until yesterday. Both agree the original documents were overly broad. The city will move to narrow the scope during an upcoming court hearing. Feldman says the focus should be only on communications related to the HERO petition process.

When the State tells teachers that because they are "federal employees" they cannot observe their religious practices while on school grounds.
well, no. they're told they're state employees. and they are state employees. and they aren't forbidden from observing religious practices on school grounds. they just can't do so as part of the classroom curriculum. nothing is stopping them from saying a prayer during recess, at the faculty lounge, etc.

When the State tells military chaplains that they cannot observe the religious practices of their own personal faith - so as to not offend those of other faiths.
nah, US courts have upheld the right of the military to have chaplains. that's distinct from public ceremonies, where you take out the voluntary factor. only in public ceremonies are they restricted to non-sectarian prayer. public ceremony enters establishment land, not free exercise land. nobody is saying the chaplains can't pray on their own time.

When the State intrudes upon the curricular preferences of parents with home-schooled children - so long as standardized tests are passed, they should have no other jurisprudence.
this is not a free exercise issue. nobody is stopping parents and children from engaging in religious activity, believing in myths, etc

When the State tells parents that an unwillingness to accept "transgenderism" is considered "abuse" - and that the State has a right in such cases to take the child away.
yeah when the kid starts having suicidal tendencies as a result, you're protecting the life of the child. again, that has nothing to do with free exercise. the parents are free to believe in any deity and pray all they want.

When the State forces business owners, artisans or craftsmen, to create products that violate their personal religious views.
i do think this is a much more controversial issue than the other ones. this one is currently under review by the supreme court.

in the meantime, we had a case here in California where the court ruled in favor of a baker, saying that they should not be required to make a specific cake.

i think its pretty clear that you cant refuse service to somebody... but the question of whether you should be forced to make a specific product is very much under reivew

Look...

We're ideological opposites. Your worldview is radically different from my own. I'm not here to try and convince you that you should believe as I do. I inherently believe that you have the free will to believe whatever you want. Unfortunately, those with progressive ideologies don't extend that same consideration. There is no mutual reciprocity when it comes to the freedom of worldview belief. They want conservatives and people with religious beliefs to bow at the altar of their ideologies.

I don't have to agree with someone's views to understand that they inherently have a right to believe as they wish. For example, I believe the KKK embodies hateful, ignorant ideology - I DON'T AGREE WITH IT AT ALL. BUT, in this country they have the right to believe as they wish - much to their own detriment (hate breeds anger and discontent - which robs them of peace, and love - so ultimately, they can never truly harbor happiness).
the thing is, i'm not trying to convince you to adopt my worldview. i'm not trying to convince you to drop any religious beliefs or anything like that. i just think people blur the lines between the free exercise clause and the establishment clause. free expression is what an individual does. establishment is what a state entity does in its official capacity. a state official is free to observe their religious beliefs when it is not part of their official capacity (ie kim davis not issuing marriage licenses)

Seventyniner
02-28-2018, 05:53 PM
I always thought the founders were much closer to what we now consider libertarian rather than conservative or liberal.

Proxy
02-28-2018, 06:01 PM
more talk on Lebr.....

https://i.imgur.com/zGHQb4O.gif

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 06:02 PM
Can't we just talk basketball...why does everything become a political debate???

That's why we have a political forum...so I can ignore it and concentrate on what's truly important in this world...the state of the San Antonio Spurs.

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 06:49 PM
Can't we just talk basketball...why does everything become a political debate???

That's why we have a political forum...so I can ignore it and concentrate on what's truly important in this world...the state of the San Antonio Spurs.

My apologies Mr. Jones. I stopped posting in the political forum 1 or 2 years ago because peeps there were so hateful and vindictive. Someone there (I have my hunch on who it was based on the fact that I was calling out his fuzzy math), had the audacity to look me up - call my employer and tell them I was posting on a public blog/forum during work hours.

:lol They attempted to get me fired from my day job. Of course my employer blew them off because I manage to produce at a very high level for them regardless of how I decide to spend my time (even giving me the flexibility to work from home if I so desired). The point is that the liberal, atheist peeps in that sub-forum can't stand people with different viewpoints. To go out of their way to do that is rather telling. It crosses a line.

I have to protect my family, my children, my home, my livelihood... and if peeps here can't keep their own anger contained, that they would be willing to mess with someone else like that - it's despicable, petty, and shameless.

As an aside, Politics and Spurs is a thing now... Blame Pop for trying to change the focal point of the Spurs Organization away from basketball operations and towards activist endorsement of the Democratic Party. :lol

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 06:52 PM
yeah, i'd agree that's an overreach. so did the mayor of houston

[/FONT][/COLOR]

well, no. they're told they're state employees. and they are state employees. and they aren't forbidden from observing religious practices on school grounds. they just can't do so as part of the classroom curriculum. nothing is stopping them from saying a prayer during recess, at the faculty lounge, etc.

nah, US courts have upheld the right of the military to have chaplains. that's distinct from public ceremonies, where you take out the voluntary factor. only in public ceremonies are they restricted to non-sectarian prayer. public ceremony enters establishment land, not free exercise land. nobody is saying the chaplains can't pray on their own time.

this is not a free exercise issue. nobody is stopping parents and children from engaging in religious activity, believing in myths, etc

yeah when the kid starts having suicidal tendencies as a result, you're protecting the life of the child. again, that has nothing to do with free exercise. the parents are free to believe in any deity and pray all they want.

i do think this is a much more controversial issue than the other ones. this one is currently under review by the supreme court.

in the meantime, we had a case here in California where the court ruled in favor of a baker, saying that they should not be required to make a specific cake.

i think its pretty clear that you cant refuse service to somebody... but the question of whether you should be forced to make a specific product is very much under reivew

the thing is, i'm not trying to convince you to adopt my worldview. i'm not trying to convince you to drop any religious beliefs or anything like that. i just think people blur the lines between the free exercise clause and the establishment clause. free expression is what an individual does. establishment is what a state entity does in its official capacity. a state official is free to observe their religious beliefs when it is not part of their official capacity (ie kim davis not issuing marriage licenses)

Even if I disagree somewhat with your perspective on the matter, thank you for taking the time to give the examples thoughtful rebuttals. For example Houston Ex-Mayor Parker's attempt at overreach was nevertheless attempted - because that is what social progressivism requires (and hence the emphasis of their intent). But yeah, we can agree to disagree without being disagreeable.

SAGirl
02-28-2018, 07:16 PM
My apologies Mr. Jones. I stopped posting in the political forum 1 or 2 years ago because peeps there were so hateful and vindictive. Someone there (I have my hunch on who it was based on the fact that I was calling out his fuzzy math), had the audacity to look me up - call my employer and tell them I was posting on a public blog/forum during work hours.

:lol They attempted to get me fired from my day job. Of course my employer blew them off because I manage to produce at a very high level for them regardless of how I decide to spend my time (even giving me the flexibility to work from home if I so desired). The point is that the liberal, atheist peeps in that sub-forum can't stand people with different viewpoints. To go out of their way to do that is rather telling. It crosses a line.

I have to protect my family, my children, my home, my livelihood... and if peeps here can't keep their own anger contained, that they would be willing to mess with someone else like that - it's despicable, petty, and shameless.

As an aside, Politics and Spurs is a thing now... Blame Pop for trying to change the focal point of the Spurs Organization away from basketball operations and towards activist endorsement of the Democratic Party. :lol
Wow. Well said and wow at whoever attempted to mess up with you personally in thay way... That's not just petty and vindictive but There's an element of cyberbullying in this forum since its unmoderated without any control.

I was going to reply to Ed Helicopter that Pop's belief in freedom of speech and the first amendment has invited political and social discussion in forums normally not directed at audiences that what to talk about those things but then I saw your post and figured you had it covered. I detest talking politics personally, like talking religion, you basically aren't going to persuade anyone but those that were already inclined to your beliefs and for the rest there's just a lot of asinine and waste of time, effort and getting in a bad mood. I am too cynical maybe... And that's fine by me.

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 07:20 PM

thats crazy. who was that, fuzzylumpkins? i know he supposedly sent a letter to somebody's employer over an argument

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 07:46 PM
thats crazy. who was that, fuzzylumpkins? i know he supposedly sent a letter to somebody's employer over an argument

That's my hunch, because when that event played out he and I were caught up in a week long "debate" over the merits of an article --> which (inexplicably, and to everyone's surprise :lol) morphed into an atheism vs. theism discussion. Tbh, I'm glad I don't post there anymore. People refuse to be civil and make everything an ego match. In the real world (outside of the cyberworld) I have many friends that are agnostics and some even atheist - I try and treat folks like I want to be treated (regardless if they reciprocate). Behind the anonymity of a username, however, folks here are emboldened to behave bullishly. Frankly it's not worth the time to deal with unnecessary spite. There comes a point where stubbornness becomes foolishness.

Anyways, that incident was the straw that broke the camel's back. I have no need to value myself based on the ridiculous and petty desire to have others agree with my own viewpoints/opinions. Some here, however, live for that.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 08:18 PM

Sorry to hear that you had to go through that Phenomanul. This place should be fun...not full of BS like that.

It's easy for people to hide behind their screen names. Makes a lot of people who are otherwise weak and cowardly, pretty bold, arrogant and aggressive.

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Wow. Well said and wow at whoever attempted to mess up with you personally in thay way... That's not just petty and vindictive but There's an element of cyberbullying in this forum since its unmoderated without any control.

I was going to reply to Ed Helicopter that Pop's belief in freedom of speech and the first amendment has invited political and social discussion in forums normally not directed at audiences that what to talk about those things but then I saw your post and figured you had it covered. I detest talking politics personally, like talking religion, you basically aren't going to persuade anyone but those that were already inclined to your beliefs and for the rest there's just a lot of asinine and waste of time, effort and getting in a bad mood. I am too cynical maybe... And that's fine by me.

Yeah the level of hostility in that sub-forum is crazy. Real hatred is flung around without a care of civility. The dynamic that led to the extreme polarization we see in the country today, has been present in that sub-forum since I can remember.

TheDoctor
03-01-2018, 11:23 AM

:lmao Damn ST, y’all wild. I hope the mfer who did that caught some exotic mortal virus at minimun.

r0drig0lac
03-08-2018, 02:24 PM

SAGirl
03-08-2018, 03:00 PM
thanks for sharing... not surprised.
I have said all along the rumors about him to the Spurs were more media chatter than anything realistic.

What I do hope is that the Spurs look at that and don't decide standing pat is the way to go just bc they can't get Lebron. Though I think this season they can't afford it.. they again have a lot of FA of their own and perhaps Manu is retiring one doesn't know, but it's a possibility. Spurs have to be on the lookout for their next iteration anyways.

Chillen
03-08-2018, 03:35 PM
Have a feeling he's Rockets bound. Harden, CP3, LeBron and another all-star is to tempting for James.