PDA

View Full Version : Coach Popovich (My Hero!): Slams Fox News' Laura Ingraham

DMX7
02-25-2018, 11:07 PM
WAPO: Gregg Popovich slams ‘arrogance’ of Laura Ingraham while praising LeBron James

Popovich slammed Ingraham’s “arrogance” while heaping praise on James, including comparing the latter to the hero of the hit movie “Black Panther.”

Ingraham had reacted negatively to a video in which James and Kevin Durant expressed disdain for President Trump, with James saying that Trump doesn’t “give a f— about the people.” Ingraham described the comments by the two players as “ignorant” and added, “Keep the political commentary to yourself — or, as someone once said, shut up and dribble.”

“To me, when I heard about that, it was just an unbelievable show of arrogance for a talking head to try and tell someone else if they can speak, what they can speak about and when and where to do it,” Popovich told reporters Sunday. He said it was “ludicrous” that Ingraham did “not have a feel for who this guy is.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/02/25/gregg-popovich-slams-arrogance-of-laura-ingraham-while-praising-lebron-james/?utm_term=.22a7fbe6ece7

I live this man. :toast

pgardn
02-25-2018, 11:20 PM
Popovich is a very bright guy.

But he uses the NBA bully pulpit as an avenue. Though he probably knows twice as much concerning world affairs and politics as the people who interview him or most of the talking heads on CNN or FOX. So I let him rant. I'm still uncomfortable when folks who have gained fame in areas other than politics and societal functionality speak as experts. They of course are allowed to say what they want. I'm not going to KD on his thoughts concerning his opinions of the electoral college.

DMX7
02-25-2018, 11:24 PM
What I love most of all is that nobody challenges him back! Trump retaliates against almost anyone, big or small, who criticizes him but not Popovich. I bet Laura Ingraham doesn't go back at him either.

Spurtacular
02-25-2018, 11:31 PM

But he uses the NBA bully pulpit as an avenue. Though he probably knows twice as much concerning world affairs and politics as the people who interview him or most of the talking heads on CNN or FOX. So I let him rant. I'm still uncomfortable when folks who have gained fame in areas other than politics and societal functionality speak as experts. They of course are allowed to say what they want. I'm not going to KD on his thoughts concerning his opinions of the electoral college.

The NBA has consistently catered to a snowflake / uber-liberal base. Pop may be alienating a segment of fans; but he's not swimming out of NBA waters.

AaronY
02-25-2018, 11:38 PM
Awesome video :toast

boutons_deux
02-25-2018, 11:38 PM
He was asked, and he replied

Looks like we got some Laura Ingrham arrogant little bitches here on ST, wanting Pop to shut up and coach

pgardn
02-26-2018, 12:48 AM

Looks like we got some Laura Ingrham arrogant little bitches here on ST, wanting Pop to shut up and coach

True.
Good point.

Spurtacular
02-26-2018, 01:11 AM

Nobody in this thread has said that thus far.
Bad point.

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2018, 01:17 AM
The comments section of that tweet is disgusting, although I'm used to it, that type of person is all over Twitter..doctors, police and military are the real heroes:lmao never get tired of hearing that, tbh..

:(teachers, police and military should be millionaires, not athletes:(

DarrinS
02-26-2018, 01:27 AM
I can respect what Pop is saying here.

AaronY
02-26-2018, 01:30 AM
The comments section of that tweet is disgusting, although I'm used to it, that type of person is all over Twitter..doctors, police and military are the real heroes:lmao never get tired of hearing that, tbh..

:(teachers, police and military should be millionaires, not athletes:(
Its always people who people tweet about politics 80x a day telling famous people to shut up about politics. like if they were suddenly famous they would shut up about politics :lol
Bitches would be the most obnoxious celebrities imaginable. like an extra retarded hybrid of James Woods and George Takei

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2018, 01:38 AM
Its always people who people tweet about politics 80x a day telling famous people to shut up about politics. like if they were suddenly famous they would shut up about politics :lol
Bitches would be the most obnoxious celebrities imaginable. like an extra retarded hybrid of James Woods and George Takei
It's especially stupid since most of the point of discussing politics(just like arguing anything) is to attempt to convince your counterpart that your stance is correct and theirs is wrong(which will never happen, but people do it all day anyways)..

If they had 1-50 million followers like some of these athletes/celebrities, you better believe all these people telling them to shut up would be pushing their agenda on all their followers as much as possible:lol really, if you actually cared about this stuff, it would be foolish not to take advantage of the power you possess(somebody like LeBron, in particular)..

Jordan is still beloved by conservatives today because he has never spoken a word about a single issue at any point of his life:lol

HarlemHeat37
02-26-2018, 01:41 AM
With that being said, Laura Ingraham's plan worked, tbh..she's received more attention after these comments than she'll ever receive the rest of her life..

Shut up and dribble is even a nice little slogan for her movement:lol

Spurtacular
02-26-2018, 01:47 AM
With that being said, Laura Ingraham's plan worked, tbh..she's received more attention after these comments than she'll ever receive the rest of her life..

I don't even remember what Lebron was whining about. Probably Trump. Lauren won this round, tbh.

spurraider21
02-26-2018, 02:12 AM
I don't even remember what Lebron was whining about. Probably Trump. Lauren won this round, tbh.
yeah she's gotten so much fame that even the retards who think she "won" don't know the spelling of her name

Spurtacular
02-26-2018, 02:33 AM
yeah she's gotten so much fame that even the retards who think she "won" don't know the spelling of her name

I think you think I'm singing her praises. I think her comment was imprudent. I'm not a fan of people saying not to comment on politics (even if Lebron is a dumbass when it comes to this stuff). I'm saying she has the optics on her side. Lebron needs to stop being a whiny little bitch and thinking he's infallible if he doesn't like it.

And I could give a fuck about the spelling of her name; but I guess you think that's a (desperate) point worth making.

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 02:48 AM
yeah she's gotten so much fame that even the retards who think she "won" don't know the spelling of her name:lmao

Jimmerfan with the unforced error.

boutons_deux
02-26-2018, 08:38 AM

Ingraham, Malik, Coulter are all attention whores, mouthing "extremities" for shock value, trying to get noticed and make a buck like the men, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc

No serious commentary from them, just trying to get their shit into the right wing hate media echo chamber.

DMC
02-26-2018, 06:01 PM

KD should shut up and dribble, right?

DMX7
02-26-2018, 11:00 PM
Laura Ingraham totally backed down. She didn't want any of Coach Pop.

pgardn
02-26-2018, 11:14 PM
KD should shut up and dribble, right?

No shut up and finish his degree in History and government at UT.
I guess he might 8 hours of rec sports leaving as a freshman.

ducks
02-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Cool to slam woman now per liberals

DMX7
02-26-2018, 11:45 PM

Appropriate to slam the substance of what "talking heads" arrogantly say on TV when they're wrong.

hater
02-26-2018, 11:52 PM
That fucking prostitute is annoying as fuck

She is Lou Dobs but with a bigger penis

That being said she would rip Leroids annew one. She talks for a living :lol

So shut up and dribble niga

pgardn
02-26-2018, 11:53 PM

Ducks alive:

Do you remember Sarah Palin?
She got hammered for merely looking at Russis from Alaske?
I mean the woman had the goods and the libtards still found a way.
She had been watching them with Binoculars for years!

Shit, I forgot. We are friendly now. Trump tells them secrets about Israeli surveillance.

coninue...

Pavlov
02-26-2018, 11:59 PM
Cool to slam woman now per liberalsWhen did you decide it was cool to treat women badly?

DMC
02-27-2018, 12:03 AM
No shut up and finish his degree in History and government at UT.
I guess he might 8 hours of rec sports leaving as a freshman.

Same thing. It's "shut up" either way.

rmt
02-27-2018, 06:24 PM
That fucking prostitute is annoying as fuck

She is Lou Dobs but with a bigger penis

That being said she would rip Leroids annew one. She talks for a living :lol

So shut up and dribble niga

Darmouth, UV Law School, clerked for Clarence Thomas, speech writer for Reagan, radio show host, TV show host - would talk circles around Lebron - Pop too.

Chris
02-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Darmouth, UV Law School, clerked for Clarence Thomas, speech writer for Reagan, radio show host, TV show host - would talk circles around Lebron - Pop too.

I can see Pop going to his cold stare and one word answers once the debate began. He would get absolutely destroyed :lol

hater
02-27-2018, 06:32 PM

Dont get me wrong vs a decently informed logical individual. Like me for example she ould get her flabby ass handed to her.

But Pop is a Shillarytard and lebron barely finished high school :lol

boutons_deux
02-27-2018, 06:32 PM

she's a cheap provocateur, not a serious commentator. She may out rhetoric people, but it's still nutcase rhetoric.

pgardn
02-27-2018, 06:34 PM
Same thing. It's "shut up" either way.

Actually its:

what makes you worth my time reading?

rmt
02-27-2018, 06:58 PM
Dont get me wrong vs a decently informed logical individual. Like me for example she ould get her flabby ass handed to her.

But Pop is a Shillarytard and lebron barely finished high school :lol

She's thin as a rail. Good that you have such confidence, but I'd be betting on her.

hater
02-27-2018, 07:45 PM
She's thin as a rail. Good that you have such confidence, but I'd be betting on her.

And thats a fair bet

But on neutral debate I like my chances thqh

Ive heard her talk and shes like I said Lou Dobs with a bigger penis :lol

pgardn
02-27-2018, 08:11 PM
And thats a fair bet

But on neutral debate I like my chances thqh

Ive heard her talk and shes like I said Lou Dobs with a bigger penis :lol

You are not of this world sir.
I like your chances to be dead dog wrong on almost anything.

DMX7
02-27-2018, 10:56 PM
She ran scared from POP. Did wan't any of that.

Oh, and rmt playing the "education card" is laughable. Isn't education the sign of out of touch elites?

rmt
02-28-2018, 06:11 AM

Oh, and rmt playing the "education card" is laughable. Isn't education the sign of out of touch elites?

Hardly "education card" - I listed 2 education (lawyer), 2 judicial/political jobs and 2 TALK show host jobs - sounds pretty well-rounded to me - for debating politics - which was the topic on hand.

boutons_deux
02-28-2018, 07:43 AM
sounds pretty well-rounded to me

:lol, a right wing extremist cheap shot provocateur is "well rounded". Does LI ever say "both sides" have excellent people?

RandomGuy
02-28-2018, 02:00 PM
Ingraham, Malik, Coulter are all attention whores, mouthing "extremities" for shock value, trying to get noticed and make a buck like the men, Hannity, O'Reilly, etc

No serious commentary from them, just trying to get their shit into the right wing hate media echo chamber.

Usually I think you are a bit hyberbolic.

This is spot on though. They compete with each other to say the more batshit crazy thing to get attention. That is the rights big media problem, it is a race to the bottom.

hater
02-28-2018, 02:11 PM
Sad thing is Nbc and CNn are actually more batshit crazy

Sadly

Pavlov
02-28-2018, 02:14 PM
How could anyone take her seriously after her Nazi salute at the RNC?

rmt
02-28-2018, 05:06 PM
:lol, a right wing extremist cheap shot provocateur is "well rounded". Does LI ever say "both sides" have excellent people?

I am defending what I posted of her resume (to debate politics well) - not her personally.

Bill_Brasky
02-28-2018, 05:13 PM

I like det one. First they'll say that LeBron isn't educated enough to speak on such subjects. Then in the same breath they will refer to colleges/universities as librul indoctrination centers.

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 05:17 PM
I like det one. First they'll say that LeBron isn't educated enough to speak on such subjects. Then in the same breath they will refer to colleges/universities as librul indoctrination centers.

lets be real; lebron and 99% of all athletes should just stfu about politics. as if their asses weren't spoonfed through all levels of school to get to the big pay off. they might've worked hard on the court but i doubt they had their heads in the books often if at all. don't fool yourself into believing lebron and the like are some sort of book nerds and valedictorians.

Bill_Brasky
02-28-2018, 05:30 PM
lets be real; lebron and 99% of all athletes should just stfu about politics. as if their asses weren't spoonfed through all levels of school to get to the big pay off. they might've worked hard on the court but i doubt they had their heads in the books often if at all. don't fool yourself into believing lebron and the like are some sort of book nerds and valedictorians.

Lmao. Hasn't LeBron made extremely intelligent decisions with his money? Isn't that why everyone voted for Trump? Because he's such a :cry great businessman :cry ?

koriwhat
02-28-2018, 05:47 PM
Lmao. Hasn't LeBron made extremely intelligent decisions with his money? Isn't that why everyone voted for Trump? Because he's such a :cry great businessman :cry ?

you'd have to ask trump supporters why they voted him in and not some dude on ST who didn't cast a vote at all.

as for lebron and his money... if you think he's making his financial decisions solely then you're delusional.