PDA

View Full Version : Ran into Kawhi at HEB

SpursforSix
02-26-2018, 01:01 PM
I normally wouldn’t say anything to him because I respect his privacy.
But he was in the paper goods aisle and looked really confused.

As I approached him, he brightened up a bit as he recognized me and threw out a fist for me to bump. It’s still flu season so I let it hang.

Me: “Sup Kawhi…you aight?”
KL: “derrrrr…yeah…just…” (embarrassed look)
Me: “hit me with it…what’s up?”
KL: “I got to get some diapers. Uh…for a friend. He’s like 26 and super tall.”
Me: “Ok…if it’s an emergency, I’d grab these Depends XL and then go online and order some custom fit diapers.”
KL: (looking confused) “Innn…terr…nets?”
Me: (sigh) “tell your trainer what you need. For what your friend needs, I mean.”
KL: “ok. Hey…do you know if there is any kind of machine?”
Me: “machine?”
KL: “like a pole or hand that can help wipe yo butt. After you poo poo. Anything like that? For my friend.”
Me: “I don’t know. Probably. Hey…I got to go…”
KL: “uh…yeah…me too. Hey…how much is this diapers??”
Me: “don’t worry about it…you’ve got plenty. Looking forward to seeing you back on the court. You good with San Antonio?”
KL: “yeah…other than the Spurs committing too much money to Mills and Gasol. Parker’s contract is starting to hurt as well. I’m concerned that we aren’t set up too well for the future and to be able to sign decent players to support me. After my SuperMax, I don’t know that we’ll be able to sign anyone significant.”
Me: “word…later”
KL: “later”

He did tell me that he was looking for a March return

Dre_7
02-26-2018, 01:04 PM
I don't buy. That didn't happen. If it was real he would have refused to sign an autograph for your daughter

(I think I am remembering it correctly :lol)

spurraider21
02-26-2018, 01:07 PM
nobody spilled molasses?

spursistan
02-26-2018, 01:08 PM
:lmao..

200 miles
02-26-2018, 01:08 PM
Have you written for cheesy soap operas before? You have, haven't you, you son of a bitch. :lol

spursistan
02-26-2018, 01:11 PM
The only spoiler was the line about Pau/Mills contract..Not sure if Leonard is articulate enough to string those 3 sentences together :lol..

TheGreatYacht
02-26-2018, 01:12 PM
Nice :tu

Ran into Manu last week at La Michoacana, unfortunely we didn't have a cool convo. All he said was "No ingles" and that sort.

cantthinkofanything
02-26-2018, 01:20 PM
The only spoiler was the line about Pau/Mills contract..Not sure if Leonard is articulate enough to string those 3 sentences together :lol..

That was the irony of the story. A guy that can barely string words together...doesn't know what the internet is. But understands and is able to articulate his thoughts on Spurs' contracts.

dbreiden83080
02-26-2018, 02:10 PM
Parker’s contract is starting to hurt as well.

He is an unrestricted FA end of the season. What is painful about his contract?

Trill Clinton
02-26-2018, 02:13 PM
:lmao @ kawhi finally speaking with confidence after you ask him about his relationship with the spurs.

SpursforSix
02-26-2018, 02:19 PM
He is an unrestricted FA end of the season. What is painful about his contract?

IDK. I didn't press him on his comments. Maybe he knows what PATFO are going to extend Parker for.

dbreiden83080
02-26-2018, 02:24 PM
IDK. I didn't press him on his comments. Maybe he knows what PATFO are going to extend Parker for.

Considering he has been benched, I think you and KL can chill on that one..

SpursforSix
02-26-2018, 02:30 PM
Considering he has been benched, I think you and KL can chill on that one..

Don't shoot the messenger.

I think the takeway from my conversation is that there are no hard feelings between Leonard and the Spurs. He's just concerned.

Spurs da champs
02-26-2018, 02:34 PM
:lol

illusioNtEk
02-26-2018, 02:56 PM
:lol

bro, any new DB super episodes this weekend?? wtff

Spurs da champs
02-26-2018, 03:00 PM
bro, any new DB super episodes this weekend?? wtff

Yeah, they just had some Japanese marathon this past weekend.

cd98
02-26-2018, 03:51 PM
I stopped reading at HEB. Everyone knows that Kawhi has already left San Antonio.

Play Boban
02-26-2018, 04:22 PM
:lmao @ kawhi finally speaking with confidence after you ask him about his relationship with the spurs.

I know...haha...dude sounds like he's got an IQ of 30 until you ask him about the Spurs, then his IQ jumps by 100. :lol

phxspurfan
02-26-2018, 04:55 PM
please don't run into Kawhi. We need him healthy for the playoffs

szkorhetz
02-26-2018, 05:38 PM
please don't run into Kawhi. We need him healthy for the playoffs
See you next year then. :lol

SpursforSix
02-26-2018, 05:57 PM

As I approached him, he brightened up a bit as he recognized me and threw out a fist for me to bump. It’s still flu season so I let it hang.

Me: “Ok…if it’s an emergency, I’d grab these Depends XL and then go online and order some custom fit diapers.”
Me: (sigh) “tell your trainer what you need. For what your friend needs, I mean.”
KL: “like a pole or hand that can help wipe yo butt. After you poo poo. Anything like that? For my friend.”
Me: “don’t worry about it…you’ve got plenty. Looking forward to seeing you back on the court. You good with San Antonio?”
KL: “yeah…other than the Spurs committing too much money to Mills and Gasol. Parker’s contract is starting to hurt as well. I’m concerned that we aren’t set up too well for the future and to be able to sign decent players to support me. After my SuperMax, I don’t know that we’ll be able to sign anyone significant.”

told y'all

Play Boban
02-26-2018, 09:35 PM
told y'all
Nice edit. Fake news!

Dverde
02-26-2018, 09:41 PM
He isn’t even in SA, he is in LA househunting. Jalen Rose told me at Whole Foods.

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-26-2018, 09:52 PM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DQ4u50tVQAA7Cga.jpg

davi78239
02-26-2018, 11:16 PM
Saw him at Whataburger a few weeks ago. Said he's long been set on leaving. He's homesick and says the in and out burgers here just don't compare to Cali. He doesn't even really like Whataburger but just goes out of convenience

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 12:06 AM
Saw him at Whataburger a few weeks ago. Said he's long been set on leaving. He's homesick and says the in and out burgers here just don't compare to Cali. He doesn't even really like Whataburger but just goes out of convenience
I saw him awhile back there, too, wearing a red Make America Great Again hat.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-27-2018, 03:28 PM
nobody spilled molasses?

no, otherwise it would cause Kawhi to tear his achilles and medulla