dabom
02-27-2018, 07:02 PM
AD got bitch hands compared to TD.

Proxy
02-27-2018, 08:04 PM
Same guy that deserved more playing time than Manu and Kawhi iirc

Chillen
02-27-2018, 08:08 PM
No doubt Spurs will try pretty hard to get Anthony Davis if when an oppurtunity presents itself.

daslicer
02-27-2018, 08:15 PM
His game is different than Duncan's game. He's more like David Robinson.

Seventyniner
02-27-2018, 08:19 PM
I can't see too many similarities. Tim's leadership is almost criminally underrated, the media never covered that angle because he was so reserved around them but Tim was a fantastic teammate. Kawhi doesn't seem to fit this bill nearly as well, he is very reserved around not just the media but his teammates/coaches as well.

I will admit to not knowing much about AD's leadership skills but his complete lack of success in the playoffs doesn't speak well. Even though his coaches aren't anywhere close to Pop's level, AD should have still at least dragged the organization to the second round if he was anywhere near Duncan.

hater
02-27-2018, 08:36 PM
To much weed is making this clown an embarrasment

ducks
02-27-2018, 08:37 PM
Does he think he is important to society his thoughts matter like james

daslicer
02-27-2018, 08:38 PM
I can't see too many similarities. Tim's leadership is almost criminally underrated, the media never covered that angle because he was so reserved around them but Tim was a fantastic teammate. Kawhi doesn't seem to fit this bill nearly as well, he is very reserved around not just the media but his teammates/coaches as well.

I will admit to not knowing much about AD's leadership skills but his complete lack of success in the playoffs doesn't speak well. Even though his coaches aren't anywhere close to Pop's level, AD should have still at least dragged the organization to the second round if he was anywhere near Duncan.

Another thing the media criminally underrates about Tim is his physicality. A lot of people forget that Tim was a very physical player when he entered the league. He was a traditional big that liked to play back to the basket and could literally push guys underneath the basket and score at will. Tim was more than willing to battle inside the paint and take a lot of hits. I remember once hearing a story from Barkley in which he stated during Duncan's rookie year that he thought Tim was soft and he could physically push him around. As Barkley recounted in his first game against Tim he tried to post him up and couldn't do it and was shocked at how strong Tim was.

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.

BSfromTX
02-27-2018, 08:42 PM
Another thing the media criminally underrates about Tim is his physicality. A lot of people forget that Tim was a very physical player when he entered the league. He was a traditional big that liked to play back to the basket and could literally push guys underneath the basket and score at will. Tim was more than willing to battle inside the paint and take a lot of hits. I remember once hearing a story from Barkley in which he stated during Duncan's rookie year that he thought Tim was soft and he could physically push him around. As Barkley recounted in his first game against Tim he tried to post him up and couldn't do it and was shocked at how strong Tim was.

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the
defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.

+1

gambit1990
02-27-2018, 08:49 PM
sjax with the bads.

BillMc
02-27-2018, 09:00 PM

Tim was physically an imposing player on the offensive end combined with great footwork and basketball IQ. On the defensive end Tim was very cerebral. I don't see Davis being as good as Tim at the things I have listed.

Well said. :toast

Trill Clinton
02-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Stak5's word is golden on this site so i expect everyone to agree with him.

ducks
02-27-2018, 09:05 PM
To much weed is making this clown an embarrasment

SPURt
02-27-2018, 09:18 PM
Anthony Davis IS more athletic than Tim Duncan...

right now

Seventyniner
02-27-2018, 09:55 PM

A much better comparison.

Mr. Body
02-27-2018, 10:06 PM

A shittier David Robinson who has never improved.

daslicer
02-27-2018, 10:08 PM

:lol I agree also would say physically a weaker David Robinson.

barbacoataco
02-27-2018, 10:12 PM
He's more like David Robinson. People underrate Duncan's competitive drive to win. I'm not sure Davis has it, but we'll see.

daslicer
02-27-2018, 10:16 PM
He's more like David Robinson. People underrate Duncan's competitive drive to win. I'm not sure Davis has it, but we'll see.

I agree Duncan is the only player in the top 10 that gets a lot of disrespect legacy wise. You have idiots on other forums that claim he was only a winner because he had Pop.

Chris
02-27-2018, 10:50 PM
What a slap in the face to the great Tim Duncan. Unibrow doesn't really compare to anyone - he's a freak.

KDKSpurs24
02-27-2018, 11:00 PM

You can tell he wasn’t talking about leadership. But first of all if you’ve followed basketball in general you’d know that the pelicans have had like the worse injury history the whole time he has been there. They have had to put G level talent on the court plenty of times just to fill the roster spots. He hasn’t played with anyone. And when they did make it they played the Warriors and challenged them pretty well with bad talent even though they got swept.

Im not saying he is as great as Duncan but damn no one ever wants to give anyone any credit. And why does everyone think you can just will bums to playoff wins? Jordan couldn’t even do that. So especially someone young who plays with terrible players can’t do it. Them being 5 seed after losing Cousins is showing at least something because I fully expected them to drop out.

tholdren
02-27-2018, 11:01 PM

D robinson was multiple times better than davis. Its not even close

phxspurfan
02-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Did he make the ASG as a rookie? Did he win ROY? Did he win 2 titles, 2 league MVPs and 2 finals MVPs by age 26? 3 titles by 28? 4 titles by 30?

KDKSpurs24
02-27-2018, 11:05 PM
D robinson was multiple times better than davis. Its not even close
There’s no such thing. I hate when people say. “He’s way better” or “He’s 10x as good” or some stupid shit like that. You know why? Because that would make that person a super human that doesn’t exist.

Multiple times better than the worse NBA player is super human too. And idc if it’s considered hyperbole. It just doesn’t make sense.

Seventyniner
02-27-2018, 11:06 PM
You can tell he wasn’t talking about leadership. But first of all if you’ve followed basketball in general you’d know that the pelicans have had like the worse injury history the whole time he has been there. They have had to put G level talent on the court plenty of times just to fill the roster spots. He hasn’t played with anyone. And when they did make it they played the Warriors and challenged them pretty well with bad talent even though they got swept.

Im not saying he is as great as Duncan but damn no one ever wants to give anyone any credit. And why does everyone think you can just will bums to playoff wins? Jordan couldn’t even do that. So especially someone young who plays with terrible players can’t do it. Them being 5 seed after losing Cousins is showing at least something because I fully expected them to drop out.

Saying that AD is nowhere near Duncan is not the same as saying that he sucks.

tholdren
02-27-2018, 11:06 PM
There’s no such thing. I hate when people say. “He’s way better” or “He’s 10x as good” or some stupid shit like that. You know why? Because that would make that person a super human that doesn’t exist.

Multiple times better than the worse NBA player is super human too. And idc if it’s considered hyperbole. It just doesn’t make sense.

Lol youre dumb. Thats like saying lebron is not multiple times better than iman shumpert. Stop posting

KDKSpurs24
02-27-2018, 11:11 PM
Lol youre dumb. Thats like saying lebron is not multiple times better than iman shumpert. Stop posting
Stop watching basketball. You’re a negative bum. Haven’t seen a positive post from you ever. You seem to find no joy in anything but bashing players and the NBA. It’s a shame I don’t even have to read the poster name to figure out it was your post at this point. Nothing but negativity. You must be fun in person.

Spurtacular
02-27-2018, 11:14 PM
Yea, Anthony Davis would do much better in the triple jump than Tim ever would've done. Davis still ain't even comparable to prime Duncan on the lower block.

tholdren
02-27-2018, 11:16 PM
Stop watching basketball. You’re a negative bum. Haven’t seen a positive post from you ever. You seem to find no joy in anything but bashing players and the NBA. It’s a shame I don’t even have to read the poster name to figure out it was your post at this point. Nothing but negativity. You must be fun in person.
So lebron is or is not way better than shumpert? Crybaby

Down Under
02-27-2018, 11:19 PM
They don't even have the same game. Duncan in is prime was a back to the basket player the Spurs ran their entire offense through inside out. Then he became a pick n roll player as the rules changed & Parker & Ginobili became unguardable. Then when he was like 37 years old, a face up big just fast enough to take guys off the dribble.

KDKSpurs24
02-27-2018, 11:20 PM
So lebron is or is not way better than shumpert? Crybaby
Realistically. If you actually think about it logically.. technically Iman Shumpert x2 would be pretty much the best.
Take an Olympic sprinter that runs the 100 in 10 secs and multiply him by 2. He would run it in 5 seconds right?
So yeah Lebron is like 1.5 or so times better than Shumpert if you think about it that way.
And far from a crybaby dude. Don’t even..

emanueldavidginobili
02-27-2018, 11:31 PM
Yeah he’s not comparable, but AD when healthy is easily the best big in the league. Pelicans are on a 6 game winning streak and he’s put up these numbers this month. Again not comparable to TD but people are underestimating AD

53 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks
45 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks
44 points, 17 rebounds
43 points, 10 rebounds
42 points, 15 rebounds
38 points, 10 rebounds
38 points, 9 rebounds

itzsoweezee
02-28-2018, 12:31 AM
Line others have said, Robinson is a much better comparison, basketballwise

daslicer
02-28-2018, 12:41 AM
They don't even have the same game. Duncan in is prime was a back to the basket player the Spurs ran their entire offense through inside out. Then he became a pick n roll player as the rules changed & Parker & Ginobili became unguardable. Then when he was like 37 years old, a face up big just fast enough to take guys off the dribble.

It never ceases to amaze me how a lot of these media idiots, and fans of opposing teams don't really have clue on Tim's game. For them any big man that averages 20-10 is Tim Duncan even though the big man's game is completely different than Duncan's game. Davis is a great player but he's not Duncan. Saying Davis' game is like Duncan is like saying Harden's game is like Jordan.

Mikeanaro
02-28-2018, 12:42 AM
Yeah he’s not comparable, but AD when healthy is easily the best big in the league. Pelicans are on a 6 game winning streak and he’s put up these numbers this month. Again not comparable to TD but people are underestimating AD

53 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks
45 points, 17 rebounds, 5 blocks
44 points, 17 rebounds
43 points, 10 rebounds
42 points, 15 rebounds
38 points, 10 rebounds
38 points, 9 rebounds

Would love to see him making those numbers against good teams... in 2008.

DAF86
02-28-2018, 01:07 AM
Jackson is just another bomb-dropping talking head now.

KDKSpurs24
02-28-2018, 02:36 AM
Jackson is just another bomb-dropping talking head now.
I don’t think y’all realize how much respect Stephen Jackson has for Tim Duncan. He almost never fails to mention him when he’s on TV discussing something. Y’all act like it’s a crime for him to say this. He knows and cares for Tim more than y’all do. I don’t think most of y’all even watched the video.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 02:46 AM
I don’t think y’all realize how much respect Stephen Jackson has for Tim Duncan. He almost never fails to mention him when he’s on TV discussing something. Y’all act like it’s a crime for him to say this. He knows and cares for Tim more than y’all do. I don’t think most of y’all even watched the video.

He ranked Kobe ahead of Duncan in an interview with Bill Simmons a few years ago. He talked shit about Parker a year ago in a podcast. He also rooted against the Spurs openly last year in the WCF. Jax is a dipshit I have never respected him after what happened in '13.

gambit1990
02-28-2018, 04:04 AM
i’ll have some of what he’s smoking :lol

-21-
02-28-2018, 06:41 AM
Anthony Davis is more athletic than Tim Duncan. But he's no Tim Duncan. Not an insult at AD who is obviously great, just shows you how special Timmy was.

BTW, SJax's basketball takes are moronic.

MaNu4Tres
02-28-2018, 08:49 AM

Duncan was much more than a back to the basket player in the post.

From 1997-2003, Duncan utilized a face up game from the post from 10-15 feet out more than people seem to remember. He was an absolute monster facing his man up from the elbow to 10-15 out between baseline and the elbow. He would pump fake or jab step and take his man off the dribble and tear down the rim or get easy uncontested jump hooks/layups anytime he wanted. People forget about this aspect of his game and he actually utilized that more than posting up in his first 6 years in the league when his athleticism was at his peak.

Anthony Davis doesn't compare to peak/prime TD (98-03) from 10-15 feet out. Not even close. The only player that did was peak Dream.

Darth_Pelican
02-28-2018, 09:44 AM
AD can jump higher and run faster than Duncan, so if that's what he meant, then fine. But he's no Tim Duncan.

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Does he think he is important to society his thoughts matter like james
pretty sure there are more kids who look up to james than jax. maybe a few

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 02:53 PM
he is more athletic than duncan

he is not a more athletic duncan

cd98
02-28-2018, 03:03 PM
Duncan made the playoffs every year and won titles. Anthony Davis' teams keep ending up in the lottery. That is all.

Thomas82
02-28-2018, 03:50 PM
People forget how athletic TD was before his knee injury in 2000. He would give AD a run for his money. There is no comparison between their skill sets though.

emanueldavidginobili
02-28-2018, 04:14 PM
Would love to see him making those numbers against good teams... in 2008.
Come on now stop nitpicking, those numbers are insane no matter what.

Phenomanul
02-28-2018, 05:05 PM
he is more athletic than duncan

he is not a more athletic duncan

This tbh.

UNT Eagles 2016
02-28-2018, 06:03 PM

Lebron is a super human and at least twice as good as jimmer fredette, no hyberbole needed

tholdren
02-28-2018, 06:17 PM
Realistically. If you actually think about it logically.. technically Iman Shumpert x2 would be pretty much the best.
Take an Olympic sprinter that runs the 100 in 10 secs and multiply him by 2. He would run it in 5 seconds right?
So yeah Lebron is like 1.5 or so times better than Shumpert if you think about it that way.
And far from a crybaby dude. Don’t even..

Lolol9oolololol

Cry baby. You are such a cryier

lefty
02-28-2018, 06:20 PM

We know he's not knocking on Duncan, it's just that his comparison is wrong

Down Under
02-28-2018, 06:34 PM
Duncan was much more than a back to the basket player in the post.

From 1997-2003, Duncan utilized a face up game from the post from 10-15 feet out more than people seem to remember. He was an absolute monster facing his man up from the elbow to 10-15 out between baseline and the elbow. He would pump fake or jab step and take his man off the dribble and tear down the rim or get easy uncontested jump hooks/layups anytime he wanted. People forget about this aspect of his game and he actually utilized that more than posting up in his first 6 years in the league when his athleticism was at his peak.

Anthony Davis doesn't compare to peak/prime TD (98-03) from 10-15 feet out. Not even close. The only player that did was peak Dream.
Yep remember well, just stood out that he everytime he touched the ball with his back to the basket, it was an automatic double & collapsed the defense which meant you could build a championship team around him with shooters. The fact he was so good at & so willing to adapt to a pick n roll game as the rules, game and personnel changed & then strip enough weight to become predominantly a face up big and make the All NBA 1st team at 37 with this game is just ridiculous IMO & something that will forever be overlooked.

tmtcsc
02-28-2018, 07:55 PM
A more athletic Duncan ? Son, keep Duncan's name outch yo mouth. What a ridiculous comparison.

SpurPadre
02-28-2018, 08:21 PM
His game is different than Duncan's game. He's more like a mentally-retarded David Robinson.

FIFY

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 08:22 PM
:lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
02-28-2018, 09:56 PM
Anthony will only be 25 by the end of the season. If Pelicans can get an additional strong piece to go with Davis and Cousins they will be a serious contender.

DAF86
02-28-2018, 11:40 PM

Jackson thought he was better than Green and Ginobili. Both of them are still playing on the NBA while he was forced to retire his scrub ass. That's all we need to know about his basketball knowledge.