PDA

View Full Version : Do We Even Want Kawhi Back?

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 07:31 PM
The team is playing well without him and given all the drama he’s caused the Spurs this year with his “injury”, word around the locker room is that a number of players are pissed at him and wanted him traded at the deadline. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team chemistry go to sheet once he’s back and players quit trying since Kawhi sat out the entire regular season because “he’s above all that.” A lot of the veterans are especially angry because Kawhi gets a lot of accolades without putting in the work.

Just something for all you wankers getting massive boners about Kawhi’s potential return need to consider. We’ve played better without him this year than with him. We started a perfect 4-0 without this cancerous “superstar.” But, hey, isn’t it great we have a Carmelo on our team tbh?

r0drig0lac
02-27-2018, 07:38 PM
The team is playing well without him and given all the drama he’s caused the Spurs this year with his “injury”, word around the locker room is that a number of players are pissed at him and wanted him traded at the deadline. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the team chemistry go to sheet once he’s back and players quit trying since Kawhi sat out the entire regular season because “he’s above all that.” A lot of the veterans are especially angry because Kawhi gets a lot of accolades without putting in the work.

Just something for all you wankers getting massive boners about Kawhi’s potential return need to consider. We’ve played better without him this year than with him. We started a perfect 4-0 without this cancerous “superstar.” But, hey, isn’t it great we have a Carmelo on our team tbh?

yep, yep...link?

TheDoctor
02-27-2018, 07:42 PM

https://i.imgur.com/PhEHEz3.jpg

hater
02-27-2018, 07:49 PM
OP is from Argentina

DeRozan m8
02-27-2018, 07:55 PM
Where did Kawhi touch you, op?

Dex
02-27-2018, 07:58 PM
http://reactiongifs.net/wp-content/uploads/xM3NH4F.gif

Proxy
02-27-2018, 08:06 PM
tryin too hard... I liked the playblair troll more...... with.... the overuse of ellipses

Chillen
02-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Come on talk is talk, if he is ready to play and wants to do it fine...let him.

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 08:16 PM
yep, yep...link?
OP probably doesn’t have any. Yes full of crap per par. :lol

BillMc
02-27-2018, 08:27 PM
:lol

Leetonidas
02-27-2018, 08:28 PM
http://reactiongifs.net/wp-content/uploads/xM3NH4F.gif

TheGreatYacht
02-27-2018, 08:29 PM
OP is from Argentina

Spur|n|Austin
02-27-2018, 08:30 PM

lol perfect response to that idiotic comment.

Keepin' it real
02-27-2018, 08:38 PM

:cry

Russ
02-27-2018, 09:04 PM
Presuming this is serious, the Spurs should of course want Kawhi back.

He is not unflawed like Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. Those days are over.

He is flawed like David Robinson but in precisely the opposite way.

Robinson was cerebral and played ball only because it was expected of a soul like him upon whom such athletic gifts had been conferred. It was a cross to bear (so to speak) but nothing he would have wanted, or would even have occurred to him, all things being equal.

Kawhi, on the other hand, is not cerebral (to belabor the obvious). Also, unlike Robinson, he craves athletic success and fears it may be his only exceptional quality. However, he lacks the socialization skills that the Big Three before him expressed so effortlessly and naturally. Therefore, "team" is a harder concept for him to master.

Bottom line, Kawhi is a much, much better option than any other option the Spurs will have for the foreseeable future. They will attempt to hold on to him unless and until it becomes obvious that the effort is futile.

SPURt
02-27-2018, 09:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ct6BUPvE2sM

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 09:26 PM

callo1
02-27-2018, 09:27 PM
Without a doubt Spurs fans should want him back. The guy was injured. We still do not know which rumors, if any were true, besides, not being able to play was probably a big hit mentally.

I remember people wanting LA gone after the WCF, and it is a good thing he is still in silver and black.

Kawhi is essential for a deep playoff run. Without KL, teams will double LA each time he touches the ball come playoff time.

Silver&Black
02-27-2018, 09:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-ovQwyLY20

SpursforSix
02-27-2018, 09:54 PM
It's unknowable.

daslicer
02-27-2018, 09:58 PM

He is not unflawed like Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili or Tony Parker. Those days are over.

Robinson was cerebral and played ball only because it was expected of a soul like him upon whom such athletic gifts had been conferred. It was a cross to bear (so to speak) but nothing he would have wanted, or would even have occurred to him, all things being equal.

Kawhi, on the other hand, is not cerebral (to belabor the obvious). Also, unlike Robinson, he craves athletic success and fears it may be his only exceptional quality. However, he lacks the socialization skills that the Big Three before him expressed so effortlessly and naturally. Therefore, "team" is a harder concept for him to master.

Bottom line, Kawhi is a much, much better option than any other option the Spurs will have for the foreseeable future. They will attempt to hold on to him unless and until it becomes obvious that the effort is futile.

Interesting take and I definitely agree with you on David Robinson. Basketball for Dave was just a job that paid the bills but was not his life. I believe Tim was consumed by basketball just like Kawhi is but the difference between Tim and Kawhi like you said was his socials skills and his life perspective.

Mr. Body
02-27-2018, 10:06 PM
Trump fans. :lol

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 10:15 PM
Trump fans. :lol
Like Kawhi?

tholdren
02-27-2018, 11:03 PM
No

Spurtacular
02-27-2018, 11:16 PM
The team is playing well without him and given all the drama he’s caused the Spurs this year with his “injury”, word around the locker room is that a number of players are pissed at him and wanted him traded at the deadline.

:lol Harlem just making sh** up on a "controversial" OP.
:lol Big surprise

offset formation
02-27-2018, 11:18 PM

Thanks, Dr. Freud

cjw
02-27-2018, 11:24 PM
I didn’t even have to look at the author ... only the title ... before knowing this clown is the OP

Play Boban
02-27-2018, 11:46 PM
Don’t forget we made it to the WCF last year without Kawhi. We didn’t need him to beat Houston and we wouldn’t have beaten Golden State with or without him, so what difference does it make?

sasaint
02-27-2018, 11:58 PM
I have been a big fan of Kawhi's since his rookie campaign. I thought he could be great, and on the court he has become great. But I personally feel disappointed by Kawhi at this point. I believe professional athletes do owe something to the fans who are the basis of their livelihood. I think he owed his fans something other than silence. I am pretty tired of the alibi that Kawhi is very introverted or lacking in social skills. I think those are inadequate excuses for his complete silence. I can only surmise from his months of silence in all of this that he really isn't interested in being the leader of this team or the face of this franchise - as the team had planned. Whether the Spurs re-sign Kawhi or not, I hope that the team can find a real leader to fill the void left by Tim that is growing into a vacuum. THAT is at the heart of the Spurs' current malaise. At this point I am no more committed to Kawhi than he is to his legion of fans or the Spurs organization.

Another poster suggested that "team" was a difficult concept for such an introverted athlete as Kawhi to really internalize. I question whether such a character (aside from basketball skill) is a strong foundation for a sports team to build on - especially the Spurs. He is a superstar talent but lacks other aspects of a true superstar.

bic50
02-28-2018, 12:15 AM
I have been a big fan of Kawhi's since his rookie campaign. I thought he could be great, and on the court he has become great. But I personally feel disappointed by Kawhi at this point. I believe professional athletes do owe something to the fans who are the basis of their livelihood. I think he owed his fans something other than silence. I am pretty tired of the alibi that Kawhi is very introverted or lacking in social skills. I think those are inadequate excuses for his complete silence. I can only surmise from his months of silence in all of this that he really isn't interested in being the leader of this team or the face of this franchise - as the team had planned. Whether the Spurs re-sign Kawhi or not, I hope that the team can find a real leader to fill the void left by Tim that is growing into a vacuum. THAT is at the heart of the Spurs' current malaise. At this point I am no more committed to Kawhi than he is to his legion of fans or the Spurs organization.

Another poster suggested that "team" was a difficult concept for such an introverted athlete as Kawhi to really internalize. I question whether such a character (aside from basketball skill) is a strong foundation for a sports team to build on - especially the Spurs. He is a superstar talent but lacks other aspects of a true superstar.
Play Boban 2.0

jimbo
02-28-2018, 07:14 AM

That's a really long way of saying "Kawhi can't wipe his own ass"

George Gervin's Afro
02-28-2018, 07:36 AM
Yes.. yes we do. He's playing his last games as a Spur

Raven
02-28-2018, 07:54 AM
whatever

monkeypunk
02-28-2018, 09:36 AM
Anyone saying that they don't want Kawhi back this season is one of the following:

1. Not a Spurs fan
2. Does not actually watch basketball
3. Is trolling
4. Is dumber than Ducks

pad300
02-28-2018, 10:25 AM

yep, yep...link?

OP probably doesn’t have any. Yes full of crap per par. :lol

Someone forgot to switch their Troll account...

BillMc
02-28-2018, 11:00 AM
:lol:toast Well spotted.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 11:51 AM
This trolling isn't even funny anymore. There should be a limit to the number of troll threads allowed by a single poster.

Lame.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 11:52 AM
This trolling isn't even funny anymore. There should be a limit to the number of troll threads allowed by a single poster.

Lame.

Oh wait....Boban's never actually been funny....my bad.

sananspursfan21
02-28-2018, 12:08 PM
There’s a number of cringeworthy quotes in the OP, nothing to see here.

Play Boban
02-28-2018, 12:25 PM
:lol Was wondering if anyone would notice that :lol

BillMc
02-28-2018, 12:27 PM
Decent chance OP is actually Kevin Durant. :lol

Dre_7
02-28-2018, 12:52 PM

:lol :lol

SAGirl
02-28-2018, 12:52 PM
I have wondered who is this PlayBoban.. No doubt a troll but who? I have my suspicions and will keep them to myself.

SAGirl
02-28-2018, 01:03 PM

You'd still want him back though. You have to accept him like he is or risk alienating him more than he already is isolated by his natural aloof nature, like Jabari said.

In terms of finding their spirit animal (leadership in personality) I think that guy will emerge in time and It won't necessarily be the best player on the team, but at least one of their best guys. It might be Dijon in the future. He's not it right now bc he's too young and still trying to get better himself to be that guy in a veteran team.

It might be someone else already in the team who is coming into his own as they get more mature or it might be someone else who will join them in the future. The team's spirit animal isn't always the best player.

Currently it's Paddy. (With strong impact from vocal guys like Manu, Tony, and Pau). In the future it might be someone else.

Kiwi will always bring his game and great effort and that has to be enough for the Spurs.

rjv
02-28-2018, 01:12 PM

or a bot.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 01:44 PM
You'd still want him back though. You have to accept him like he is or risk alienating him more than he already is isolated by his natural aloof nature, like Jabari said.

In terms of finding their spirit animal (leadership in personality) I think that guy will emerge in time and It won't necessarily be the best player on the team, but at least one of their best guys. It might be Dijon in the future. He's not it right now bc he's too young and still trying to get better himself to be that guy in a veteran team.

It might be someone else already in the team who is coming into his own as they get more mature or it might be someone else who will join them in the future. The team's spirit animal isn't always the best player.

Currently it's Paddy. (With strong impact from vocal guys like Manu, Tony, and Pau). In the future it might be someone else.

Kiwi will always bring his game and great effort and that has to be enough for the Spurs.

I believe there are two aspects to being a "spirit animal": on court performance and leadership. To be the "spirit animal", it is not essential that a player be the team's best player on the court, however, he must certainly be one of team's better players. Patty's on-court deficiencies preclude his being the Spurs spirit animal, although he may be the closest thing we currently have. Manu is more of a player-coach. Tony really doesn't fill the bill, and LMA obviously lacks the will and/or the character traits. Pau - nah. I think there is a leadership "committee", but that appears to be a poorly functioning substitute for a spirit animal. I honestly think there is a kind of generation gap that complicates the issue.

In a perfect world, I absolutely want Kawhi, the player, back. However I am in the same quandary as you (and others) over the cost. Supermax? At this point that seems very risky. Moreover retaining both Kawhi and LMA poses issues over which I have expressed concern for more than a calendar year. It also means that trying to find a FA spirit animal for our expensive little tribe is an extremely high hurdle. Thus, we turn to young guys who might develop. If such a prospect is a current Spur, it is almost certainly Dijon (White would be an unknown dark horse). We are looking at another season or two for such development.

Mr. Body
02-28-2018, 02:08 PM
Like Kawhi?

Does that explain what a nancy little baby he's been? :lol

SAGirl
02-28-2018, 05:16 PM
I believe there are two aspects to being a "spirit animal": on court performance and leadership. To be the "spirit animal", it is not essential that a player be the team's best player on the court, however, he must certainly be one of team's better players. Patty's on-court deficiencies preclude his being the Spurs spirit animal, although he may be the closest thing we currently have. Manu is more of a player-coach. Tony really doesn't fill the bill, and LMA obviously lacks the will and/or the character traits. Pau - nah. I think there is a leadership "committee", but that appears to be a poorly functioning substitute for a spirit animal. I honestly think there is a kind of generation gap that complicates the issue.

In a perfect world, I absolutely want Kawhi, the player, back. However I am in the same quandary as you (and others) over the cost. Supermax? At this point that seems very risky. Moreover retaining both Kawhi and LMA poses issues over which I have expressed concern for more than a calendar year. It also means that trying to find a FA spirit animal for our expensive little tribe is an extremely high hurdle. Thus, we turn to young guys who might develop. If such a prospect is a current Spur, it is almost certainly Dijon (White would be an unknown dark horse). We are looking at another season or two for such development.

I agree with you 100% Paddy is not ideal. There is also a big generation gap. He just simply occupies a current generational vacuum. You can't force these things, when passing the baton. You give opportunities to the young guys and they either step up or they don't. It might be too early to say much more than there is potential leadership there. Playoff performance matters, stepping up in big games matters, getting better through the season matters, being reliable matters, earning respect from teammates matters. I like what I see in Dijon so we just have to see how he develops.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 06:12 PM
I agree with you 100% Paddy is not ideal. There is also a big generation gap. He just simply occupies a current generational vacuum. You can't force these things, when passing the baton. You give opportunities to the young guys and they either step up or they don't. It might be too early to say much more than there is potential leadership there. Playoff performance matters, stepping up in big games matters, getting better through the season matters, being reliable matters, earning respect from teammates matters. I like what I see in Dijon so we just have to see how he develops.

The problem with waiting on a young guy on the current roster to become the spirit animal is, first of all, uncertainty. Secondly, time passes for both Kawhi and LMA (both, or whichever remains with us. both depart the pressure is completely released.]). I don't believe we win it all without a spirit animal. That is tremendous pressure on the organization. Gamble on Dijon or go get a guy who is already capable? It just isn't feasible to do both.

I think Kawhi's absence/silence has really crystallized the leadership crisis this team faces - at least for me. Tbh, (consciously or unconsciously) I had bought into the company line that this was Kawhi's team. But he has pretty much killed that notion in my mind. He has rejected that office. But how would he react to importing a spirit animal to fill the vacated office?

This will be a bigger offseason (either by action or inaction) than even the last couple. A real watershed moment.

SAGirl
02-28-2018, 06:37 PM
The problem with waiting on a young guy on the current roster to become the spirit animal is, first of all, uncertainty. Secondly, time passes for both Kawhi and LMA (both, or whichever remains with us. both depart the pressure is completely released.]). I don't believe we win it all without a spirit animal. That is tremendous pressure on the organization. Gamble on Dijon or go get a guy who is already capable? It just isn't feasible to do both.

I think Kawhi's absence/silence has really crystallized the leadership crisis this team faces - at least for me. Tbh, (consciously or unconsciously) I had bought into the company line that this was Kawhi's team. But he has pretty much killed that notion in my mind. He has rejected that office. But how would he react to importing a spirit animal to fill the vacated office?

This will be a bigger offseason (either by action or inaction) than even the last couple. A real watershed moment.

This is a point that I suspect they also struggle with. They pushed Kawhi to be that leader, but he's 26 and has been the best player in the team for a couple of years now prior to this one (maybe more) so if him not taking ownership of the team hasn't happened already, it's safe to say that this is far as he goes.

Retirement from players such as Timmy D usually rock franchises to their deep core, and the Spurs managed as well as they could. They were bound to hit some rocky coasts navigating past Timmy's era and this summer is going to be one it seems.

I wouldn't assume much from Kiwi's silence. I have accepted it as him avoiding the media, which he doesn't want to speak to even in his best moments, so I expect that in his worst (when he's injured and having doubts about everyone/everything/every treatment and physical therapy that hasn't worked/ and when he's frustrated) he would not want to speak to them either. At this point, I only expect him to say anything when he's ready to play like it was earlier in the season. For weeks we didn't have any updates whatsoever until he said that he was getting ready to get back and play (even then he was very cryptic when asked about his injury but that is his right).

This has been a nice chat. :toast I still hope for the best, both that he returns and that Dijon and others step up the rest of the season.

twincam
02-28-2018, 06:45 PM
36-25 is not "playing well". They are a mediocre club without him and just getting by.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 06:53 PM
This is a point that I suspect they also struggle with. They pushed Kawhi to be that leader, but he's 26 and has been the best player in the team for a couple of years now prior to this one (maybe more) so if him not taking ownership of the team hasn't happened already, it's safe to say that this is far as he goes.

Retirement from players such as Timmy D usually rock franchises to their deep core, and the Spurs managed as well as they could. They were bound to hit some rocky coasts navigating past Timmy's era and this summer is going to be one it seems.

I wouldn't assume much from Kiwi's silence. I have accepted it as him avoiding the media, which he doesn't want to speak to even in his best moments, so I expect that in his worst (when he's injured and having doubts about everyone/everything/every treatment and physical therapy that hasn't worked/ and when he's frustrated) he would not want to speak to them either. At this point, I only expect him to say anything when he's ready to play like it was earlier in the season. For weeks we didn't have any updates whatsoever until he said that he was getting ready to get back and play (even then he was very cryptic when asked about his injury but that is his right).

This has been a nice chat. :toast I still hope for the best, both that he returns and that Dijon and others step up the rest of the season.

As I have posted elsewhere, I believe Kawhi owes his legion of fans more than months of silence - whether he is naturally so inclined or not. I, therefore, read more into his absence/silence than you.

See ya in the game thread! :toast

:flag:

Russ
02-28-2018, 06:55 PM
36-25 is not "playing well".

You should be a Lakers fan for the last five years.

Or the next five years.

Russ
02-28-2018, 07:02 PM
I believe Kawhi owes his legion of fans more than months of silence - whether he is naturally so inclined or not. I, therefore, read more into his absence/silence than you.

Yeah, Kawhi's silence is downright bizarre even for someone who may be socially tonedeaf.

He either (1) means something by it or (2) doesn't care or (3) is even more dense than anyone imagined.

None of the above are comforting for Spurs fans or the team's PR-conscious management.

BackHome
02-28-2018, 07:30 PM
To me it all depends on his injury if it’s going to be chronic like Rose then the answer is NO. Also Kawhi has always been a little different I am wondering if he has some type of social disorder that may be coming into play. But if he is healthy and nothing chronic with his body and mind you sign him for life.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 07:32 PM
Yeah, Kawhi's silence is downright bizarre even for someone who may be socially tonedeaf.

He either (1) means something by it or (2) doesn't care or (3) is even more dense than anyone imagined.

None of the above are comforting for Spurs fans or the team's PR-conscious management.

No matter how you slice it, it is a complete refutation of the team's dictum of the last several years that the Spurs were Kawhi's team.

Horse
02-28-2018, 07:36 PM

Hey guy fuck yourself

Play Boban
02-28-2018, 09:36 PM
Hey guy fuck yourself
Thanks! :)

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 09:20 AM
At this point I am no more committed to Kawhi than he is to his legion of fans or the Spurs organization.
Who fans? The fans who say the team don't need him?

The fans who are willing to believe in stupid rumors instead of trusting in the work ethic he showed during six years here?

For the record no one of the Big3 talked about Erin Barry, Tim's divorce, or any rumor about teammates trades in public during their years on the team. Kawhi won't talk about stupid rumors either.

I question whether such a character (aside from basketball skill) is a strong foundation for a sports team to build on - especially the Spurs. He is a superstar talent but lacks other aspects ofa true superstar.

Who?

LeBron? He's Team Lebron. He has manipulated gm, coaches just for his own legacy...He isn't exactly a franchise guy, he left Cleveland before, likely will do it again.

Durant? :lol

PG13? Throwing under the bus his teammates after a playoff game?

Bizarre CP3 in the Clippers locker room this season?

Yeah...These players love media but unlike Kawhi they aren't team-guys.

He will never call a coach/teammate out in public...He will never talk about his numbers or stats nor put them over team success...

The fans? We the fans don't deserve a player like Kawhi.

r0drig0lac
03-04-2018, 09:30 AM

The fans who are willing to believe in stupid rumors instead of trusting in the work ethic he showed during six years here?

For the record no one of the Big3 talked about Erin Barry, Tim's divorce, or any rumor about teammates trades in public during their years on the team. Kawhi won't talk about stupid rumors either.

Who?

LeBron? He's Team Lebron. He has manipulated gm, coaches just for his own legacy...He isn't exactly a franchise guy, he left Cleveland before, likely will do it again.

He will never call a coach/teammate out in public...He will never talk about his numbers or stats nor put them over team success...

word

bic50
03-04-2018, 09:32 AM

Or he could be just trying to focus on trying to get back in condition to come back which is what is much needed right now.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 10:09 AM
Or im gay and need a man right now.

sasaint
03-04-2018, 10:31 AM

Who?

Personal lives/gossip/rumors are not comparable to basketball-related injuries.

As for how a superstar handles things differently, you don't need to look any further than the Spurs. At the same time that Kawhi was silent/absent, we Spurs fans got updates about Tony's injury status/progress. Same thing with Manu when he was recuperating from testicular surgery.

sasaint
03-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Or he could be just trying to focus on trying to get back in condition to come back which is what is much needed right now.

Occasional updates from Tony about his rehab didn't seem to distract him.

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Depends on if they still have a realistic shot at making the playoffs. 19 games left and a lot of them (10-15) don't look very winnable with the team's current state.

sasaint
03-04-2018, 11:05 AM
Depends on if they still have a realistic shot at making the playoffs. 19 games left and a lot of them (10-15) don't look very winnable with the team's current state.

Frankly I think fewer than that are realistically winnable unless teams assured of a slot start resting for playoffs. Even with Kawhi back on minutes restriction, how many of those games are realistically winnable?

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 11:19 AM
Frankly I think fewer than that are realistically winnable unless teams assured of a slot start resting for playoffs. Even with Kawhi back on minutes restriction, how many of those games are realistically winnable?

Houston and GS are losses (0-4)

Sac, Orlando and Memphis should be wins, even without Kawhi. (3-4)

Winnable games: Minnesota, LAC/LAL, Mil, Washington, Utah (say they win 5 of 7, 8-6)

Tough ones: OKC, NO, Port (maybe win 2 of 5 with Kawhi and LMA, 10-9)

If they go 10-9 (probably too optimistic) that might be enough to get the 6th or 7th seed, but with how the team has blown games recently who knows if they can even accomplish that.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 12:04 PM
Personal lives/gossip/rumors are not comparable to basketball-related injuries.

As for how a superstar handles things differently, you don't need to look any further than the Spurs. At the same time that Kawhi was silent/absent, we Spurs fans got updates about Tony's injury status/progress. Same thing with Manu when he was recuperating from testicular surgery.

Pop talked about Parker's progress before anyone. If the team didn't talk about Kawhi training in SD and NYC it's not Kawhi's fault.

I also doubt when you posted about other "true superstars" you were talking about Manu/Parker.

sasaint
03-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Houston and GS are losses (0-4)

Sac, Orlando and Memphis should be wins, even without Kawhi. (3-4)

Winnable games: Minnesota, LAC/LAL, Mil, Washington, Utah (say they win 5 of 7, 8-6)

Tough ones: OKC, NO, Port (maybe win 2 of 5 with Kawhi and LMA, 10-9)

If they go 10-9 (probably too optimistic) that might be enough to get the 6th or 7th seed, but with how the team has blown games recently who knows if they can even accomplish that.

The team's record in the last 10 games is, what - 2-8? I don't see how you expect them to turn it around and go better than .500 from here on out. Kawhi will, doubtless, be on serious minutes restriction- even if he returns. I had a similar attitude as you until the last couple of games. At this point I would rather have as many ping-pong balls as we can get.

BillMc
03-04-2018, 02:09 PM
The team's record in the last 10 games is, what - 2-8? I don't see how you expect them to turn it around and go better than .500 from here on out. Kawhi will, doubtless, be on serious minutes restriction- even if he returns. I had a similar attitude as you until the last couple of games. At this point I would rather have as many ping-pong balls as we can get.

The last two games were played without LMA (effectively). That, more than Kawhi, is probably the more immediate ray of hope. If he's back after Memphis, Rasu's projections are possible.

Of course, I've been drinking a lot lately!!! :lol

sasaint
03-04-2018, 02:15 PM
Pop talked about Parker's progress before anyone. If the team didn't talk about Kawhi training in SD and NYC it's not Kawhi's fault.

I also doubt when you posted about other "true superstars" you were talking about Manu/Parker.

I am not sure what your point is about Pop. I think it just shows that there was open communication between Tony and PATFO, and Pop was at liberty to pass information to the fans.

I do regard Tony and Manu as superstars. Doubt it if you like. The point is that I find Kawhi's absence/silence bizarre. If you don't, that's fine. Neither perspective matters. What matters is whether Kawhi's health is 100% and stable going forward, and that he and the Spurs are now on the same (harmonious) page.

sasaint
03-04-2018, 02:21 PM
The last two games were played without LMA (effectively). That, more than Kawhi, is probably the more immediate ray of hope. If he's back after Memphis, Rasu's projections are possible.

Of course, I've been drinking a lot lately!!! :lol

It's a shame you are on the other side of the pond. I am sure you could have rounded up a bunch of drinking buddies here on ST.

Well, I am not really a betting man, so I guess we will just have to let the season play out. But I will be surprised if we go 10-9. (As you saw last night in the game thread, i continue to root for the team to win every game - even if my predictions are gloomy and my preference would be to get a high lottery pick. It is just as ingrained in me to root for my team as it is Pop's not to tank.)

DMC
03-04-2018, 02:22 PM

Yes you stupid fuck.

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 02:56 PM
Yes you stupid fuck.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 05:04 PM

Kl is a bum. Manu and tony were better. Manu still is. Get over it. Hes a loser

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 05:14 PM

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 05:21 PM
Let me see. You are the same guy that said Kyle Anderson was way better than Kawhi...I like Kyle but obviosly he's not.

Now, you are saying Kawhi's a bum, a loser.

Damn...You're really bad at jugding talent.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Let me see. You are the same guy that said Kyle Anderson was way better than Kawhi...I like Kyle but obviosly he's not.

Anderson is better than kl. In fact, everyone suiting up to play is better. Kawcry leonard and his booboo quad needs more shoe money. Boohoo leonard needs more help.

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 08:38 PM
At least Anderson is playing. Kawhi is doing nothing for the team except costing it cap space and destroying the Spurs’ culture with his cancerous, toxic personality.

Budkin
03-04-2018, 10:02 PM
Jesus...

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 10:06 PM
IS this a real thread? What kind of silly stuff is this - everyone wants Kawhi back.

bic50
03-04-2018, 10:42 PM

Trollden has been a kl hater since kl was drafted. Last season he was awfully quiet though

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 11:14 PM
IS this a real thread? What kind of silly stuff is this - everyone wants Kawhi back.
Not LA

Arcadian
03-04-2018, 11:44 PM
I mean, yeah

duncan2k5
03-05-2018, 11:46 AM

Worked with Parker

tholdren
03-06-2018, 08:48 PM
Trollden has been a kl hater since kl was drafted. Last season he was awfully quiet though

No i wasnt

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 12:37 PM
How haven't we been getting regular updates? We know he has been hurting... Just because it isn't what we wanted to hear doesn't mean we were left in the dark...

KDKSpurs24
03-07-2018, 12:37 PM
How haven't we been getting regular updates? We know he has been hurting... Just because it isn't what we wanted to hear doesn't mean we were left in the dark...
He just spoke.

Play Boban
03-17-2018, 11:09 PM
We don’t need Kaquad to win games. Just look at the last two. Cut him or trade him for a second round pick tbh. Maybe a first if some team is that desperate...

cd021
03-17-2018, 11:31 PM
If he were to come back on 3/21 and play every other game like before then he would have six games to work his way back into the rotation.

18, 21, 25, 28, 30, 32 would be my guess as to minutes during those 6 games with the goal of having him play around 32 mpg in the playoffs

UZER
03-18-2018, 12:04 AM
We don’t need Kaquad to win games. Just look at the last two. Cut him or trade him for a second round pick tbh. Maybe a first if some team is that desperate...

:lol

Kuadwhi