PDA

View Full Version : Hornets: SLAM magazine's Top 100 Greatest Players of All Time

Bynumite
02-28-2018, 01:22 AM

Thoughts? :wakeup

daslicer
02-28-2018, 01:32 AM
I had feeling Kobe was ranked high before I opened up this thread since it was posted by Bynumite. But I have to :lmao at Kobe being ranked ahead of Shaq,Duncan, Wilt,Russell,Olajuwon,Bird.

Spurtacular
02-28-2018, 01:39 AM
Anyone with Duncan 9, Bird 10 has no fucking clue regardless of the Kobe nonsense.

Arcadian
02-28-2018, 01:42 AM
Absolutely ridiculous. Kobe at 5 = laughable. Fucking noobs.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 02:08 AM
Anyone with Duncan 9, Bird 10 has no fucking clue regardless of the Kobe nonsense.

Durant already ahead of Moses Malone is a joke. Moses was a 3 time league MVP. Durant will most likely pass him if he wins a few more rings but he hasn't passed him yet. This list is laughable when you look at the rankings of certain players. For example Wade,Pippen being ranked ahead of Dirk is ridiculous.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 02:14 AM
On a side note the Manutards are not going to be happy with Parker being ranked higher than Manu.

StrengthAndHonor
02-28-2018, 03:12 AM
I have an issue with #85 and #95. They don’t belong there at all. Durant 6 spots ahead of Curry? Are we serious? Oh and Manu deserves Reggie Miller’s spot imo. Heck, why is Reggie ranked higher than Kawhi, Ray Allen and even Pierce?

That said, Kobe’s legend will continue to grow while being away from basketball. The beauty of retirement in an athletes career is it encapsulates all the great things of their work. The media is also willing to forget your career flaws if you’re smart enough to use your family as a social media marketing tool.

If you’re a basketball purist, it’s hard to pick Kobe over Duncan. Though I enjoyed watching Bean for decades, I can certainly admit that Duncan was just flat out the better “overall” player. But these type of lists doesn’t simply rank each athlete by their natural elite talents. Kobe’s career post-basketball will always give him an edge over Duncan. He’s celebrated and revered in almost any platform. Duncan deserves equal credit, if not more, but he seems to be just fine enjoying retirement the same way he played his game. Quietly but effectively.

Stabula
02-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Carmelo Anthony and Dwight Howard on the list LOL holy shit

Raven
02-28-2018, 07:05 AM
pretty laughable tbh

-21-
02-28-2018, 07:11 AM
:lol at Kawhi, Kyrie, Giannis already on this list
:lol Kobe is too high
:lol Tony/Manu are too high
:lol Westbrook is too high
:lol Iverson is too high
:lol Parish is too high
:lol Dwight and Carmelo

2/10 list

Rummpd
02-28-2018, 07:57 AM
LOL Kobe and then Shaq. Also Kareem is more accomplished than James - 6 MVPs, more titles, more points and more dominant.

Fabbs
02-28-2018, 09:12 AM
https://target.scene7.com/is/image/Target/13347642?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

Could you put a Laker Phan insignia on the label?

D-Wade
02-28-2018, 11:26 AM
As a former Knicks fan just here to say there's no way Ewing is better than Kidd.

LkrFan
02-28-2018, 11:44 AM
No problems with the list.

LkrFan
02-28-2018, 11:47 AM
LOL Kobe and then Shaq. Also Kareem is more accomplished than James - 6 MVPs, more titles, more points and more dominant.
Kobe is more accomplished than Shaq. More points, more rangs, more all NBA selections, more assistesis, more all defensive teams.

LBJ can pass Cap in all time points in 4-5 years to go along with 8K rebounds and 8K assistesis.

Again, I don't have a problem with this list.

Proxy
02-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Pau is way too low, Wade too high

We're saying VC is higher than Manu?

ambchang
02-28-2018, 12:02 PM
Horry not being on th list reeks of inconsistency.

whitemamba
02-28-2018, 12:23 PM
Looks pretty legit, not sure why cuck is in the top 10 though.. system players dont deserve top 10 rankings.

Raven
02-28-2018, 12:37 PM
No problems with the list.

let's take notice that according to LkrFan Lebron is better than Magic, Kirby, KAJ

The Gemini Method
02-28-2018, 12:51 PM
Shawn Kemp is too low. Oh? This isn't the list of illegitimate children fathered by NBA players?

LkrFan
02-28-2018, 12:54 PM
let's take notice that according to LkrFan Lebron is better than Magic, Kirby, KAJ

:lol

He's at 30K points, 8K assists, 8K rebounds right now. He still has 3-4 more elite years left. Hard to argue with his numbers. 30K/8K/8K is a group of 1: LBJ.

Now, Magic (5) , Kobe (5), and KAJ (6) are better winners, but LBJ's numbers are insane and cannot be denied.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 01:06 PM
It seems like Slam is desperate to sell magazines. In their 2011 top 500 list Kobe is ranked below Shaq,Duncan,Russell,Wilt,Bird. It's weird how Kobe was ranked below those guys back then and suddenly now has leapfrogged them considering career wise he didn't do anything after 2011. Here is Slam's 2011 top 500 list https://www.basketball-reference.com/awards/slam_500_greatest.html

Killakobe81
02-28-2018, 01:31 PM
12 was to low for Kobe ...
5 is to high ...

lots of crazy choices ...but just a list just like SI and ESPN ...

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 01:33 PM
Looks pretty legit, not sure why cuck is in the top 10 though.. system players dont deserve top 10 rankings.

You're right - Kobe is ranked way too high.

Killakobe81
02-28-2018, 01:49 PM

Sure you had no problem with LeBron at #2 ...
Oh wait, you think he #1

spurraider21
02-28-2018, 02:41 PM
agreed tbh... how could he let malone tap vanessa like that

LkrFan
02-28-2018, 03:10 PM
Sure you had no problem with LeBron at #2 ...
Oh wait, you think he #1

:lol

whitemamba
02-28-2018, 03:14 PM

agreed tbh... how could he let malone tap vanessa like that

https://hollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tim-duncans-cheating-wife-amy-Gil-Urbano.jpg

https://hollywoodstreetking.com/amy-duncans-cheated-tim-duncan/

https://hollywoodstreetking.com/amy-duncans-cheated-tim-duncan/

Clipper Nation
02-28-2018, 03:20 PM
https://hollywoodstreetking.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/tim-duncans-cheating-wife-amy-Gil-Urbano.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/NZQIiP5.jpg

whitemamba
02-28-2018, 03:28 PM
https://i.imgur.com/NZQIiP5.jpg

still hunting it seems :downspin:

Mitch
02-28-2018, 05:13 PM
:lol Duncan being a top 10

jsandiego
02-28-2018, 06:28 PM
They need to switch Duncan/Kobe. It's really not even close. And LeBron needs to be lower. 2011 Finals were a debacle for him.

I have no clue what to do with Wilt and Russell on any of these lists. Put them anywhere from #2-10 and it could work.

Ed Helicopter Jones
02-28-2018, 06:37 PM
Durant at #13 all-time is laughable.

ambchang
02-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Psychopath
GM killer
HIV
Grumpy jerk
Psychopath wannabe jr
Mental retard bully
Bitter old man
Cat lover
Closet
Garbage man

DMC
02-28-2018, 09:42 PM

BD24
02-28-2018, 09:48 PM
Kobe above the guy who dragged his sorry ass kicking and screaming to three titles :lol

BD24
02-28-2018, 09:57 PM
12 was to low for Kobe ...
5 is to high ...

lots of crazy choices ...but just a list just like SI and ESPN ...
Kobe is a borderline top 10 player imo. Think he can sit anywhere from 10 to 13 or so. Anything higher than 10 though is ridicoulus. No way he is ahead of Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, LeBron, Bird, AIDs, and of course Daddy, cant put him above of the guy responsible for 3 of his titles tbh.

Actually in retrospect 12 is about right.

Killakobe81
02-28-2018, 10:09 PM
Kobe is a borderline top 10 player imo. Think he can sit anywhere from 10 to 13 or so. Anything higher than 10 though is ridicoulus. No way he is ahead of Jordan, Kareem, Russell, Wilt, Duncan, Hakeem, LeBron, Bird, AIDs, and of course Daddy, cant put him above of the guy responsible for 3 of his titles tbh.

sure can put him over shaq hakeem and Bird ...obviously debatable but if we talking career not just peak (Bird) or dominace (Shaq) he has a strong case over all 3.

BD24
02-28-2018, 10:13 PM
sure can put him over shaq hakeem and Bird ...obviously debatable but if we talking career not just peak (Bird) or dominace (Shaq) he has a strong case over all 3.
Lol. No way in hell he is over Bird, Bird was alpha for all his titles.

Can't put him above the guy responsible for the majority of his rings either.

Could maybe make a case for Hakeem, but Hakeem is a legend in my book for dragging that hot garbage to a title.

Killakobe81
02-28-2018, 11:05 PM
Lol. No way in hell he is over Bird, Bird was alpha for all his titles.

Can't put him above the guy responsible for the majority of his rings either.

Could maybe make a case for Hakeem, but Hakeem is a legend in my book for dragging that hot garbage to a title.

sure Bird was ...but if it's all about rings ... was Kobe over Duncan before he got 5? Rings absolutely matter when the players are close, but Kobe career numbers easily surpass Bird's: rings, career numbers, scoring numbers, playoff wins as an alpha ...Bird was the better Finals performer but still got less rings.

Shaq was the leader of the 3peat but not only did Lakers choose Kobe over Shaq but none of the other top 10 players were traded as much as him either ...ever wonder why? Do you think you have a better sense of where Shaq ranks against another Laker great than I do? Honestly? its like me arguing with you that David was better than Tim or Parker better than Gino. Shaq was a truly great player ...when in shape and focused most dominant big O ever saw ... but only Chuck of the top 25 players had a shittier work ethic ...I am truly grateful for all he did but cant put him over someone with better career numbers and more rings.

Boring topic anyways ...been discussed on here plenty. I have Shaq and Kobe Somewhere between 6-12 but again i dont rank players before 1980... i never saw Oscar, Russell and wilt if i did Kobe maybe 12th hard to say ...

but let me be 100 ... Bird, Magic, Shaq and Hakeem are all overrated a bit career wise truth be told. Shaq and Hakeem based off peak level dominance though both had great careers. Bird's back betrayed him cutting his prime short and Shaq's fat did him in ... he should have been the GoAt center period ...tbh. Magic it was HiV but magic and bird get bonus points for impact.
But at least both did enough they were the GOATS at their positions (before Lebron usurped Bird)
Shaq let laziness stop him from ever being truly considered the Goat.
My Last post on this subject ...I just focus on my All time squads To me, ranking doesnt matter across positions tbh ...Jordan is the goat, arguing over spots from Kareem on down (my #2 ) is irrelevant ...

1st team
Center Kareem
PF Duncan
SF LeBron
SG Jordan
PG Magic

2nd team
Center Shaq
PF Hakeem (cheating but he same size as Tim)
SF Bird
SG Kobe
PG Isiah but leaning towards replacing with Steph

I feel more confident that those first 5 are the best to ever do it judging them vs their peers rather than arguing Kobe over Shaq or Duncan over LeBron when they play different positions acrosd different eras anyway. LeBron is definitely over Bird and though Hakeem was more domininant (to me) Tim had the better career.

TDfan2007
02-28-2018, 11:35 PM
sure Bird was ...but its all about rings was kobe over Duncan before he got 5? Rings absolutely matter when the players are close but Kobe career numbers easily surpass Bird: rings, career numbers, scoring numbers, playoff wins as an alpha ...Bird waa the better Finals performer but still got less rings.

Shaq was the leader of the 3peat but not only did Lakers choose Kobe over Shaq but none of the other top 10 players were traded as much as him either ...ever wonder why? Do you think yiu have a better sense of where Shaq ranks against another Laker than I do? Honestly? its like me arguing with you thatvDavid was better than Tim or Parker better than Gino. Shaq was great player when in shape and focused but only Chuck of the top 25 players had a shittier work ethic ...grateful for all he did but cant put him over someone with better career numbers and more rings.

Boring topic anyways ...been discussed pleny i have Shaq and KobevSomewhere between 6-10 but again i dont rank players before 1980... i never saw Oscar, Russell and wilt if i did Kobe maybe 12th

but let me be 100 ... Bird magic shaq and hakeem are all overrated career wise truth be told. Shaq and Hakeem based off peak level dominance though both had great careers. Bird's back betrayed him and Shaq's fat did him in ... he should have been the GoAt center period ...tbh. Magic it was HiV but magic and bird get bonus points for impact.
But at least both did enough they were the GOATS at their positions (before Lebron usurped Bird)
My Last post on this subject ...I just focus on my All time squads To me ranking doesnt matter across posotions tbh ...Jordan is the goat arguing over spots from Kareem in down (my #2 ) is irrelevant ...

1st team
Center Kareem
PF Duncan
SF LeBron
SG Jordan
PG Magic

2nd team
Center Shaq
SF Bird
SG Kobe

I feel more confident that those first 5 are the best to ever do it judging them vs their peers rather than arguing Kobe over Shaq or Duncan over LeBron when they play different positions acrosd different eras anyway. LeBron is definitely over Bird and though Hakeem was more domininant (to me) Tim had the better career.

Solid take as always, and I agree with both of your lists.

LkrFan
03-01-2018, 08:04 AM
Kobe above the guy who dragged his sorry ass kicking and screaming to three titles :lol

Kobe5
Snaq4

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 12:31 PM
The top 10 is solid as far as who is included...maybe you swap Hakeem with Shaq. I'd rearrange the order of the top 10 for sure. The rest of the list though... :lol wow. Giannis over Chris Webber? Durant at 13? The whole list reeks of being a prisoner of the moment, tbh.

My top 10:
1) Jordan
2) Kareem
3) LeBron
4) Magic
5) Timmy
6) Kobe
7) Bird
8) Hakeem
9) Wilt
10) Russell

Canyonero
03-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Antetokounmpo :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
1. Dad Killer
2. LeBron
3. Wilt
4. Gay ass Magic
5. Shaq
6. Duncan
7. Kobe
8. Pedolajuwon
9. Jabbar
10. Durant
11. Garnett
12. Nowitzki
13. Bird**
14. Curry
15. Malone
16. Wade
17. Robinson
18. Malone
19. Barkley
20. Paul

spurraider21
03-01-2018, 01:50 PM
1. Dad Killer
2. LeBron
3. Wilt
4. Gay ass Magic
5. Shaq
6. Duncan
7. Kobe
8. Pedolajuwon
9. Jabbar
10. Durant
11. Garnett
12. Nowitzki
13. Bird**
14. Curry
15. Malone
16. Wade
17. Robinson
18. Malone
19. Barkley
20. Paul
thats pretty low for jabbar and bird**

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 01:54 PM
thats pretty low for jabbar and bird**

He's pretty overrated IMO..the dominant stretch of his career occurred during the worst era in NBA history and he even managed to miss the playoffs in his prime, which is embarrassing considering the level of competition..

I still give Wilt credit despite playing against so many white players in a bad era because at least he put up super-human numbers and measurables..

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 01:58 PM
1. Dad Killer
2. LeBron
3. Wilt
4. Gay ass Magic
5. Shaq
6. Duncan
7. Kobe
8. Pedolajuwon
9. Jabbar
10. Durant
11. Garnett
12. Nowitzki
13. Bird**
14. Curry
15. Malone
16. Wade
17. Robinson
18. Malone
19. Barkley
20. Paul

Curious as to why you have Shaq over Timmy and Hakeem, and why you have Kareem so low.

Otherwise, you're clearly ignoring pre-80s players, which is fine. They're hard to rank

TD 21
03-01-2018, 07:22 PM
:lmao Of course Duncan is relatively low, tribalism usually wins the day. That was predictable. Antetokounmpo at 85 wasn't though, especially considering Davis, who's been around and playing at a high level longer and is at least as good, is somehow not ranked.

BD24
03-03-2018, 01:08 AM
sure Bird was ...but if it's all about rings ... was Kobe over Duncan before he got 5? Rings absolutely matter when the players are close, but Kobe career numbers easily surpass Bird's: rings, career numbers, scoring numbers, playoff wins as an alpha ...Bird was the better Finals performer but still got less rings.

Shaq was the leader of the 3peat but not only did Lakers choose Kobe over Shaq but none of the other top 10 players were traded as much as him either ...ever wonder why? Do you think you have a better sense of where Shaq ranks against another Laker great than I do? Honestly? its like me arguing with you that David was better than Tim or Parker better than Gino. Shaq was a truly great player ...when in shape and focused most dominant big O ever saw ... but only Chuck of the top 25 players had a shittier work ethic ...I am truly grateful for all he did but cant put him over someone with better career numbers and more rings.

Boring topic anyways ...been discussed on here plenty. I have Shaq and Kobe Somewhere between 6-12 but again i dont rank players before 1980... i never saw Oscar, Russell and wilt if i did Kobe maybe 12th hard to say ...

but let me be 100 ... Bird, Magic, Shaq and Hakeem are all overrated a bit career wise truth be told. Shaq and Hakeem based off peak level dominance though both had great careers. Bird's back betrayed him cutting his prime short and Shaq's fat did him in ... he should have been the GoAt center period ...tbh. Magic it was HiV but magic and bird get bonus points for impact.
My Last post on this subject ...I just focus on my All time squads To me, ranking doesnt matter across positions tbh ...Jordan is the goat, arguing over spots from Kareem on down (my #2 ) is irrelevant ...

1st team
Center Kareem
PF Duncan
SF LeBron
SG Jordan
PG Magic

2nd team
Center Shaq
SF Bird
SG Kobe

I can agree with your teams.

The first 5 I think are pretty easily above the second 5. Kareem imo is the best laker of all time and probably the second best player of all time unless Lebron gets a few more rings before he retires.

BD24
03-03-2018, 01:09 AM
Kobe5
Snaq4
Shaq 3
MVPau 2
Kobe 0

RsxPiimp
03-03-2018, 01:12 AM
1. Dad Killer
2. LeBron
3. Wilt
4. Gay ass Magic
5. Shaq
6. Duncan
7. Kobe
8. Pedolajuwon
9. Jabbar
10. Durant
11. Garnett
12. Nowitzki
13. Bird**
14. Curry
15. Malone
16. Wade
17. Robinson
18. Malone
19. Barkley
20. Paul
durant at 10 bruh :wow

lefty
03-03-2018, 11:17 AM
Bird is the GOAT tbh

Better than all those black dudes

namlook
03-04-2018, 08:04 PM

I can't really address Wilt and Russell since I never saw them play. I saw everyone else in their prime. I watched Kareem when he was still dominant but in the second half of his career. The two easiest to pick on are Hakeem and Bird. It's pretty easy to argue Kobe above Hakeem and Bird if you look at career accomplishments, rings, all star games, all nba teams, all defensive teams, longevity. People love to say Kobe didn't deserve those but that doesn't mean anything. The fact is those are accomplishments that happened and that's how careers are judged. He's set in stone top 10 for career accomplishments.

StrengthAndHonor
03-04-2018, 11:42 PM
Like I said, Kobe’s relevance away from the basketball court will place him in a higher pedestal than Duncan. It’s funny how the liberal media has embraced him ever since he stepped away from the hardwood.

Duncan will most likely get the Olajuwon treatment as time goes by. Severely underrated, simply because he chose to be away from the spotlight...