Capt Bringdown
02-28-2018, 10:52 PM
Tacos and turnovers - that's puro Manu

Hoops Czar
02-28-2018, 10:54 PM
That is all

$pursDynasty
02-28-2018, 10:58 PM
Never have understood how a coach that will call a timeout after one turnover to berate a player will let Manu have 8 without saying a word. I get that Manu is a warrior but it would be hard to have Pop go off on me if I were say HOTS over a blown assignment when Manu is actually crapping the bed during the game. I really can't recall Pop ever chewing Manu's ass out like I have seen him do Timmay and Tony on the sideline.

daslicer
02-28-2018, 11:02 PM
Manu is legendary at getting turnovers in crunch time. This one to me is one of his most memorable turnovers.
x9XqgsMzpKU

Play Boban
02-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Who cares?

Budkin
02-28-2018, 11:10 PM
Manu is legendary at getting turnovers in crunch time. This one to me is one of his most memorable turnovers.
x9XqgsMzpKU

Oh man I was so fucking mad after that game! :lol

tholdren
02-28-2018, 11:17 PM
Only spur that competes tbh

TMTTRIO
02-28-2018, 11:33 PM
Don't worry. The way this season is going he's going to be gone really soon and we'll be left with Patty Mills

weebo
02-28-2018, 11:36 PM
FCk you

Chris
02-28-2018, 11:40 PM
Better than Porker

offset formation
03-01-2018, 01:09 AM
Who cares?

You are worthless to read. Utterly atrocious takes. Commit seppuku if you want to be thought of with even a hint of honor, tbh.

Play Boban
03-01-2018, 01:25 AM
You are worthless to read. Utterly atrocious takes. Commit seppuku if you want to be thought of with even a hint of honor, tbh.
:bobo

ElNono
03-01-2018, 03:17 AM
Better than Porker

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 03:49 AM
Manu with 5 of the teams 11 TO. Even with an efficient night scoring he had to contribute to the loss giving the ball to the other side, sometimes in the crunch. Can’t hate on Manu though. He’s 40.

Put the ball in Dijons hand or Rudy and whatever happens happens. If the team isn’t going to be winning this season at least develop the 21 year old or help Rudy get his game back.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2018, 06:38 AM
Trying to impress his hometown Mexicans, tbh. Has always been poor in the clutch, but like Kobetards, his fanboys only remember the good moments.

hater
03-01-2018, 07:50 AM
Manure is garbage

Has been for the last 6 years

hater
03-01-2018, 07:51 AM
Its Poops fault for still relying on a 60 year old bag of shit to win a game :lol

tenbeersbold
03-01-2018, 08:08 AM
When he leveraged that 14 million salary a few years a go by threatening to go to Philly they shoulda let him walk
That was shameful for a washed up player but he/Patfo knows he sells tickets to the Mexicans

daledondale
03-01-2018, 08:56 AM
Only spur that competes tbhThis. He left his balls every game.

Canyonero
03-01-2018, 09:11 AM
The only reason Spurs are contenders tbh

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2018, 09:43 AM
Manure is garbage

Has been for the last 6 years

sasaint
03-01-2018, 09:59 AM
Manu with 5 of the teams 11 TO. Even with an efficient night scoring he had to contribute to the loss giving the ball to the other side, sometimes in the crunch. Can’t hate on Manu though. He’s 40.

Put the ball in Dijons hand or Rudy and whatever happens happens. If the team isn’t going to be winning this season at least develop the 21 year old or help Rudy get his game back.

I swear the officials spared him the 6th TO in crunch time. To my eyes, the ball clearly went out of bounds off Manu's foot, but they gave him a reprieve which we subsequently squandered.

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 10:40 AM
Trying to impress his hometown Mexicans, tbh. Has always been poor in the clutch, but like Kobetards, his fanboys only remember the good moments.

What??? Talk about revisionism.

Do you remember the Nestle Crunch Time stat that measured contributions in the last two minutes of close games? Of course you don't - otherwise you would know that Manu was consistently near the top of the list.

MultiTroll
03-01-2018, 10:48 AM
Has always been poor in the clutch,
pink yourself faggot

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I would add that two of those turnovers yesterday were caused by lapses in the natural movements of those Manu intended to receive the pass. On the first example, Manu passed the ball off to Lauvergne, who inexplicably rolled to the basket with no intention of receiving the ball - he rolled solely to box out (???? which was a head-scratcher) and so Manu's pass sailed through his arms... The other one, near the end of the game Dejounte ran the baseline to seek an offensive rebound (his natural instinct) from the corner three spot - the Spurs offense, however, relies on the ability of the slasher to kick out and force the other team to trail the play while the ball swings around the horn. It's not necessarily that Dejounte screwed up - just that Manu reads and plays the Spurs offense on instinct - while Murray is not on that same page yet. Result - TOV.

rjv
03-01-2018, 11:07 AM
I would add that two of those turnovers yesterday were caused by lapses in the natural movements of those Manu intended to receive the pass. On the first example, Manu passed the ball off to Lauvergne, who inexplicably rolled to the basket with no intention of receiving the ball - he rolled solely to box out (???? which was a head-scratcher) and so Manu's pass sailed through his arms... The other one, near the end of the game Dejounte ran the baseline to seek an offensive rebound (his natural instinct) from the corner three spot - the Spurs offense, however, relies on the ability of the slasher to kick out and force the other team to trail the play while the ball swings around the horn. It's not necessarily that Dejounte screwed up - just that Manu reads and plays the Spurs offense on instinct - while Murray is not on that same page yet. Result - TOV.

you're really trying to engage in a serious basketball discussion on ST? good luck. you're better off just calling someone a faggot or using a racial epithet. (although the take itself was spot on).

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 11:12 AM
Another one didn't register as a TOV, because it was reviewed and the replay showed that the ball was last touched by New Orleans. On the replay, however, it's very clear that the defender was tugging at Ginobili the whole time - and so it should have been a foul - which would've put Ginobili on the line instead of setting up the inbounds play where Mills coughed it up.

Pocho La Pantera
03-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Last ball should've been in a Manu's hands.

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 12:27 PM
both Murray and Kyle tend to cut from the 3 pt line. they aren't shooters and they can either get an O board or if the passer is sneaky, get a pass cutting to the basket. Manu threw the ball without looking pretty simple. The Joff thing, is lack of chemistry... wasn't Joff if I remember correctly it actually was Rudy Gay... He set a screen for manu to shoot a 3 and Manu saw that he was closed out and passed to Rudy who really wasn't expecting that pass. He didn't even roll aggressively at all bc he expected Manu to shoot. That one I will give you as a lack of chemistry. Rudy has not played in months and b4 then the team was new to him too... That still is just one pass that was attributable to lack of chemistry out of 5, potentially 6 TO.

That is just not good enough. But as I said Manu is 40. Give the ball to Dijon or Rudy.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 12:41 PM

Integration of new guys is seldom smooth. The Lauvergne TO bothered me more because Joff is actually very good at rolling and being ready for passes. I think it was an unusual entry angle, and Joff hasn't played enough with Manu to know that unusual angles don't alter Manu's mentality at all. As you said, Dijon was doing what comes naturally - just isn't in the Spurs' playbook.

Oops, I think SAGirl is right; Rudy - not Joff.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2018, 12:45 PM
pink yourself faggot
I'd say kill yourself but you'd probably take others with you (since it runs in the genes, Bosefus)

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Integration of new guys is seldom smooth. The Lauvergne TO bothered me more because Joff is actually very good at rolling and being ready for passes. I think it was an unusual entry angle, and Joff hasn't played enough with Manu to know that unusual angles don't alter Manu's mentality at all. As you said, Dijon was doing what comes naturally - just isn't in the Spurs' playbook.

Oops, I think SAGirl is right; Rudy - not Joff.
Rudy was actually with his back turned to Manu. Manu threw that pass while Rudy had his back turned and no eye contact. Clearly he expected Rudy to roll but Rudy just set a screen and expected him to shoot. That still is just one TO due to lack of chemistry, but it still was reckless bc Rudy had his back turned. He had no way to know that pass was coming... still that is a very Manu play... other TOs in that game were not.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Rudy was actually with his back turned to Manu. Manu threw that pass while Rudy had his back turned and no eye contact. Clearly he expected Rudy to roll but Rudy just set a screen and expected him to shoot. That still is just one TO due to lack of chemistry, but it still was reckless bc Rudy had his back turned. He had no way to know that pass was coming... still that is a very Manu play... other TOs in that game were not.

Other TOs were not a consequence of chemistry issues?

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Other TOs were not a consequence of chemistry issues?
:lol

sasaint
03-01-2018, 01:26 PM
:lol

Huh? I wasn't making a joke - but as long as I did, please share it with me. I was asking what you meant by that statement?

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 01:28 PM
Huh? I wasn't making a joke - but as long as I did, please share it with me. I was asking what you meant by that statement?
To me the other TO were Manu forcing stuff, getting stuck and passing the ball recklessly.

Budkin
03-01-2018, 01:30 PM
Manu gets a lifetime pass now

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 02:16 PM
both Murray and Kyle tend to cut from the 3 pt line. they aren't shooters and they can either get an O board or if the passer is sneaky, get a pass cutting to the basket. Manu threw the ball without looking pretty simple. The Joff thing, is lack of chemistry... wasn't Joff if I remember correctly it actually was Rudy Gay... He set a screen for manu to shoot a 3 and Manu saw that he was closed out and passed to Rudy who really wasn't expecting that pass. He didn't even roll aggressively at all bc he expected Manu to shoot. That one I will give you as a lack of chemistry. Rudy has not played in months and b4 then the team was new to him too... That still is just one pass that was attributable to lack of chemistry out of 5, potentially 6 TO.

That is just not good enough. But as I said Manu is 40. Give the ball to Dijon or Rudy.

The one to Rudy was clearly on Manu (2nd half). Which is why I described the TO accredited to him from the play between him and Joff (1st half).

sasaint
03-01-2018, 02:18 PM
To me the other TO were Manu forcing stuff, getting stuck and passing the ball recklessly.

Yeah, I agree. I just couldn't connect your final statement with its intended antecedent. So what was the haha?

sasaint
03-01-2018, 02:20 PM
The one to Rudy was clearly on Manu (2nd half). Which is why I described the TO accredited to him from the play between him and Joff (1st half).

Gotcha. I was focused on the 2nd half.

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I agree. I just couldn't connect your final statement with its intended antecedent. So what was the haha?
I suppose I misunderstood.
I thought you used sarcasm to joke about the naivete that would lead one to think Manu's 5 or nearly 6 TO were all chemistry related. Perhaps one of them was (the one with Rudy to me).

Phenomanul
03-01-2018, 02:59 PM
All turnovers are costly. But last night, several unfortunate plays stood out to me in the final minutes of the 4th (any one of them goes our way and the Spurs likely win):

1) The failure by Joff and Kyle to pinch off Anthony Davis from getting the offensive rebound on the 2nd free-throw miss by Jrue Holiday.

2) The inbounds cough up by Mills

3) The Manu TO with Dejounte (the one I described earlier)

4) The wide open 3 pointer that Mills missed.

5) (not in the 4th) but those 2 free points Pop gave away by getting himself ejected.

6) (also not in the 4th) but Parker gave up a 4 point swing with two back to back TOVs. Simple carelessness.

Much of it seems like water under the bridge though given the fact that the Spurs were steam-rolling over the Pelicans while LMA was still on the floor. In other words, if he had continued playing the Spurs likely win. meh.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 05:16 PM
I suppose I misunderstood.
I thought you used sarcasm to joke about the naivete that would lead one to think Manu's 5 or nearly 6 TO were all chemistry related. Perhaps one of them was (the one with Rudy to me).

Just being your straight man.

SpurOutofTownFan
03-01-2018, 08:05 PM
The way this season is going he's the least of the problems. Actually has had a rather good year despite everything