PDA

View Full Version : How irresponsible of Pop to punt games early in the season?

spursistan
02-28-2018, 10:56 PM
This is why we say that the resting has become such a lame shtick..When your team is hanging by a thread and your best player is out indefinitely, you just don't fuckin' throw away winnable basketball games (@ OKC, @ Philly etc..)

For the Holts you would think this should have stopped being funny since it will now cut into the bone and cost them millions of dollars by either missing the playoffs entirely or resulting in the team getting bounced in the first round by sweep to the Warrriors/Rockets and no extra revenue from two home games in the second round..

All because Poop was still trying to be cute in 2018..

Darius Bieber
02-28-2018, 10:57 PM
He's still punting games now tbh

K...
02-28-2018, 11:01 PM
This is petty. There was no season without kawhi

Hoops Czar
02-28-2018, 11:08 PM
Pop isn't trying to be cute. It's just a terribly constructed, flawed roster that had no chance of succeeding from the get go. PATFO outsmarted themselves in the offseason and now they're paying the price.

In other news, why can't Paddy albotross tear something? Almost hard to believe that he's played the most minutes of any Spur not named Aldridge. I've never in my life seen a scrub get this kind of attention before.

spursistan
02-28-2018, 11:11 PM
Also that totally uncalled-for ejection sums up how Pop has at lost his touch at the micro levels of coaching and team management....

bklynspursfan
02-28-2018, 11:12 PM
I mean he had a right to be pissed. That play was big when we we're building our lead, they didn't give us the TO. Sean was saying his assistants didn't get him fast enough but idk.

People go back and forth between Pop not caring to being pissed when he gets fired up and goes at the refs. I wish he didn't get ejected too. It didn't seem like a case of wanting to fire up the team, just seemed genuinely pissed

sasaint
02-28-2018, 11:13 PM
Pop isn't trying to be cute. It's just a terribly constructed, flawed roster that had no chance of succeeding from the get go. PATFO outsmarted themselves in the offseason and now they're paying the price.

In other news, why can't Paddy albotross tear something? Almost hard to believe that he's played the most minutes of any Spur not named Aldridge. I've never in my life seen a scrub get this kind of attention before.

Play Boban
02-28-2018, 11:14 PM
Poop is a moron just as water is wet.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 11:16 PM
Also that totally uncalled-for ejection sums up how Pop has at lost his touch at the micro levels of coaching and team management....

Yep. And fasten your seatbelt. We will be suffering Pop for a few seasons yet.

sasaint
02-28-2018, 11:19 PM
I mean he had a right to be pissed. That play was big when we we're building our lead, they didn't give us the TO. Sean was saying his assistants didn't get him fast enough but idk.

People go back and forth between Pop not caring to being pissed when he gets fired up and goes at the refs. I wish he didn't get ejected too. It didn't seem like a case of wanting to fire up the team, just seemed genuinely pissed

I agree. But he has to have way more awareness and control than that oddly minor call. I would much rather see him get that passionate over promoting or challenging (as appropriate) fouls.

spursistan
02-28-2018, 11:21 PM
Up 10 or something with two best players out in a crucial playoffs race game and he completely bail out over a meaningless play.That shit is for a December night in Millwaukee..

bklynspursfan
02-28-2018, 11:22 PM
I agree. But he has to have way more awareness and control than that oddly minor call. I would much rather see him get that passionate over promoting or challenging (as appropriate) fouls.

In a game where you're without your MVP, starting C, then lose your 2nd best player in the first half, every possession is precious. I think they were up like 11-13 points and instead of them calling out of bounds, it lead to a basket.

I wish he only got hit with 1, it seemed like they threw him out without blowing the whistle 2x honestly, but idk. It was a legit beef, he understood the situation.

UZER
02-28-2018, 11:42 PM

When it comes to Pop, just because he gets angry and tosed doesn't mean he cares more. You should know Pop by now. This has all become an act for him. He stopped caring along time ago.

Just look at his fake outrage over Zaza and Kawhi last year. Hell, even his Trump rants come off as phony and half hearted. Dude is done and just needs to retire. He has nothing left to accomplish and it's shows.

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 02:15 AM
I agree it was a terrible mistake for him to get thrown out. Team had the lead and without Lamarcus they needed him with his wits about him. I didn’t really think ill of Messina b4. He has stepped up at other times and done well enough and won games but Messina was terrible coaching a team that needed him to be really smart with what he was doing.

He over relied on Manu in a Manu high TO game, he benched Danny when the team needed defense, he called inbound plays in the closing minutes of a close game for a 6’0 short armed player who is not known for passing well in clutch moments either. This was going to be a difficult game to win and Messina made it more difficult with bad player selection and play calls in the end.

r0drig0lac
03-01-2018, 06:04 AM

well, FO fault so...

BillMc
03-01-2018, 06:18 AM

I hope Pop sticks around for years to come.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 09:54 AM
I agree it was a terrible mistake for him to get thrown out. Team had the lead and without Lamarcus they needed him with his wits about him. I didn’t really think ill of Messina b4. He has stepped up at other times and done well enough and won games but Messina was terrible coaching a team that needed him to be really smart with what he was doing.

He over relied on Manu in a Manu high TO game, he benched Danny when the team needed defense, he called inbound plays in the closing minutes of a close game for a 6’0 short armed player who is not known for passing well in clutch moments either. This was going to be a difficult game to win and Messina made it more difficult with bad player selection and play calls in the end.

Yeah, on the rare occasions we have seen Messina, he did well enough. But you summed up last night's coaching fiasco very aptly. But surely Becky et al could have exerted some influence. Maybe the blunders trickle down...

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2018, 09:56 AM
If true, you won't be able to say the same for Kawhi since he'll be in LA fucking latinas that aren't shaped like mini fridges

UZER
03-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Oh he'll shtick around, just like he's been shticking around for years now.

BillMc
03-01-2018, 11:53 AM
If true, you won't be able to say the same for Kawhi since he'll be in LA fucking latinas that aren't shaped like mini fridges

With the supermax, Kawhi will be able to afford plenty of plane, bus or campervan tickets to import attractively proportioned ladies of all ethnicities to Texas as needed, my friend.

TheGreatYacht
03-01-2018, 12:47 PM
With the supermax, Kawhi will be able to afford plenty of plane, bus or campervan tickets to import attractively proportioned ladies of all ethnicities to Texas as needed, my friend.
:lol fucking Bill

BillMc
03-01-2018, 12:54 PM
:lol fucking Bill
:toast

DJR210
03-01-2018, 01:02 PM
How irresponsible for him to get himself ejected so early.. he wouldn't tolerate one of his players being a loose cannon, yet he gets ejected 5 minutes in

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 01:40 PM
Irresponsible that he wasted 2 points with his stupid ejection shtick, tbh..these old tricks don't work anymore..

Brunodf
03-01-2018, 02:19 PM
"There's more important things to worry about than winning, like our culture " - :pop:

SAGirl
03-01-2018, 02:59 PM
Irresponsible that he wasted 2 points with his stupid ejection shtick, tbh..these old tricks don't work anymore..
they were over 10 pts ahead when he threw a fit too... It backfired on him.

spursistan
03-03-2018, 11:24 PM
This senile hack throwing games early in the season thinking he is the Warriors..:lmao..

I don't want to hear anymore this myth about him coaching 5 guys off the street to 50 wins..He's been done as great system coach after 2014..

spursistan
03-03-2018, 11:26 PM
The Holts for the first time need to read him the riot act on this shtick...He's literally cost them millions of dollars if it they go on to miss the playoffs which is now very much in play..

$pursDynasty
03-04-2018, 01:13 AM
Not trying to get rid of Pop but punting games, wasting timeouts, unnecessary technicals. The Spurs have loss a few close games that points scored because of an unnecessary tech, or lack of timeouts could have avoided.

Hoops Czar
03-04-2018, 01:38 AM
This senile hack throwing games early in the season thinking he is the Warriors..:lmao..

I don't want to hear anymore this myth about him coaching 5 guys off the street t0 50 wins..He's been done as great system coach after 2014..

The only myth was Pop being a great coach. He was never a great coach. He was surrounded by great players that made him look like a great coach. He's always been a below average x's and o's coach and now that he's devoid of talent, he's being made to look like s fool who lost all the tools in his tool box. He's being completely out classed and outcoached by complete noobs.

spursistan
04-15-2018, 05:46 PM
Fuckin the difference between getting their worst match-up and the shitty OKC or the slumping Blazers :lol..

UZER
04-15-2018, 06:05 PM
Fuckin the difference between getting their worst match-up and the shitty OKC or the slumping Blazers :lol..

If Pop doesn’t care, why should Kawhi?

I said this in another thread. Part of me thinks Pop had this coming. He’s lying in his own shtick right now.

RD2191
04-15-2018, 06:08 PM
If Pop doesn’t care, why should Kawhi?

I said this in another thread. Part of me thinks Pop had this coming. He’s lying in his own shtick right now.

Truth bomb tbh

Kawhitstorm
04-15-2018, 06:12 PM

Why prolong the inevitable death instead of getting a higher pick? It's that type of middling mentality that led to PATFO re-signing TOSB Pau/Fatty.:wakeup

Hoops Czar
04-15-2018, 06:18 PM
In order for Pop to be irresponsible, he would have had to done it on purpose. I don't think that's the case. I think he's just old and way past his prime to know any better. Game 1 vs GS was coaching proof of that

spursistan
04-17-2018, 11:10 PM
Seriously fuck Pop..We could be winning a round vs vs this crappy Blazers team if not for his tired shticks..Any other other opponent would'd have been better matchup than the Warriors..

spursistan
04-17-2018, 11:18 PM
The Pelicans are going to win the series..And seriously fuck Pop for costing us a potential 1st round win..He could have given a shit for an extra game or two and we would have avoided the Warrrios..

apalisoc_9
04-17-2018, 11:19 PM
And you wonder why Kawhi doesnt want to play for him :rolleyes

Clipper Nation
04-17-2018, 11:22 PM
It's not a "shtick" and Poop's not "punting games." He's just a mediocre coach without Duncan or Kawhi carrying him.

spursistan
04-17-2018, 11:49 PM
Pelicans about to go 2-0 in the series..:lmao