PDA

View Full Version : NBA: New NBA fad: the double stepback jumper

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 11:18 AM
How is this new double step back not a travel? It's so incredibly obvious that I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Harden, CP3, and LeBron are difficult enough to defend without being allowed to basically moonwalk away from their defenders... -_-

Killakobe81
03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
How is this new double step back not a travel? It's so incredibly obvious that I feel like I'm losing my mind.

Harden, CP3, and LeBron are difficult enough to defend without being allowed to basically moonwalk away from their defenders... -_-

Great move ...if you can get away with it ... but you are correct, absolutely a travel...
but because Harden is a star he gets BOD star calls.
Same as when Blake posterized Pau Gasol ...(twice) one was borderline 50/50 but the other was a blatant offensive foul. But ESPN/NBA loved the highlight ...
but still the cross was vicious but the hop followed by a shuffle is a travel but Wes Johnson was done/falling once Harden stopped before the travel ...

lefty
03-01-2018, 11:51 AM
Because today's NBA players are shit, even though we keep hearing they have better fundamentals

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 12:24 PM
Great move ...if you can get away with it ... but you are correct, absolutely a travel...
but because Harden is a star he gets BOD star calls.
Same as when Blake posterized Pau Gasol ...(twice) one was borderline 50/50 but the other was a blatant offensive foul. But ESPN/NBA loved the highlight ...
but still the cross was vicious but the hop followed by a shuffle is a travel but Wes Johnson was done/falling once Harden stopped before the travel ...

That's the best part. Harden destroyed him, then still traveled unnecessarily :lol it's like second nature to him now.

UZER
03-01-2018, 12:56 PM
It's a blatant travel by definition.

This isn't the gather step, the euro step, or the on the break long stride dunk, all which can be debated. This is clear as day multiple feet shuffles.

And this isn't a one off play that a refs just misses in the course of action. This is a patented move that Harden invented that is done the same way every time over and over game after game. You can't tell me a ref hasn't seen this move on tape and not realized it's a travel.

Crazy.

lebomb
03-01-2018, 01:17 PM
I see players all the time shuffle their feet when they pivot. Travel big time. I pointed that out in the Wizards/Bucks game the other night. Giannis had the ball, was pivoting around to find an open player and clearly shuffled both feet as he was pivoting around. I LoL'd.

UZER
03-01-2018, 01:35 PM
I see players all the time shuffle their feet when they pivot. Travel big time. I pointed that out in the Wizards/Bucks game the other night. Giannis had the ball, was pivoting around to find an open player and clearly shuffled both feet as he was pivoting around. I LoL'd.

I agree, and not excusing the non calls. I'm just saying Harden has a specific repeated move HE does every game that the refs blatantly ingore. That's inexcusable.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 01:49 PM
I especially love the staredown, as if getting away with a blatant travel and a foul on one of the league's shittiest players in a February regular-season game is some major accomplishment. This is a perfect example of why Frauden has never won anything.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 01:50 PM
Because today's NBA players are shit, even though we keep hearing they have better fundamentals

I've literally never heard anybody say that:lol

Fundamentals is a code word for white and unathletic..

Jules_Winnfield
03-01-2018, 02:05 PM
https://youtu.be/pCBziTv_y8A?t=5s

https://youtu.be/mW2arlWbatM?t=3m4s

Clutch. :lol
https://www.google.si/search?q=another+one+gif&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifzZXL48vZAhUFblAKHW0FCcQQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=Y1uBHVUyYU7XOM:https://www.google.si/search?q=another+one+gif&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwifzZXL48vZAhUFblAKHW0FCcQQ_AUICigB&biw=1366&bih=662#imgrc=Y1uBHVUyYU7XOM:

Killakobe81
03-01-2018, 02:08 PM

Duncan was lauded for his ...he is neither of those.
Same Jordan and Kobe to a lessor extent by players ...obviously media and casuals were more focused on the flashy shit ...

I used to tutor/coach a few AAU/college females a few years back that studied Kobe's footwork without any prodding by me. They didnt like the Lakrers or his persona but admired his feet.

Klay Devin and Beal are lauded for their fundamental form on their jumpers ...well Klay is half ...but point being in modern nba white guys dont have a monopoly on fundamentals.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 02:10 PM
Duncan was lauded for his ...he is neither of those.
Same Jordan and Kobe to a lessor extent by players ...obviously media and casuals were more focused on the flashy shit ...

I used to tutor/coach a few AAU/college females a few years back that studied Kobe's footwork without any prodding by me. They didnt like the Lakrers or his persona but admired his feet.

Klay Devin and Beal are lauded for their fundamental form on their jumpers ...well Klay is half ...but point being in modern nba white guys dont have a monopoly on fundamentals.

Duncan's nickname was a compliment, but also an insult based on the boring nature of his game, tbh..he wasn't white, but he was never beloved by Black people..other than myself, I think I've met like 2 other Black men who enjoyed Duncan's game:lol

And I'm not saying only white people have fundamentals, obviously..however, that's usually what old heads and ex-NBA fans are referring to when they criticize the fundamentals of today's players..they miss the white NBA, they miss Hoosiers..

baseline bum
03-01-2018, 02:10 PM

Kawhi does that shit all the time too, at least when he's healthy enough to wipe his own ass.

Killakobe81
03-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Duncan's nickname was a compliment, but also an insult based on the boring nature of his game, tbh..he wasn't white, but he was never beloved by Black people..other than myself, I think I've met like 2 other Black men who enjoyed Duncan's game:lol

I did though not a traditional black ...
I was calling for Shaq Duncan trade from Tim's rookie year ...even before Kobe and Shaq started beefing.
i wont lie he seemed a bit soft at Wake but half way through his rookie year i knew he would have a better career than Shaq

Double-Up
03-01-2018, 02:19 PM

...or Duncan.

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 02:24 PM
...or Duncan.

:wow.

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 02:39 PM
I especially love the staredown, as if getting away with a blatant travel and a foul on one of the league's shittiest players in a February regular-season game is some major accomplishment. This is a perfect example of why Frauden has never won anything.

Pretty sure you were blowing your load after that last game Rivers went off. Salty bitch.

":cry But, but he stared at him :cry"

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 02:41 PM
...or Duncan.

Duncan's peak was the era when the "we miss fundamentals" cries were at their loudest, tbh:lol the Iverson/dress code era..

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 02:41 PM
But now we have fools complaining about different types of travel, to separate from the fact 100% of the league travels and doesn't get called.

Lordy today's NBA fans :lol

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 02:57 PM
Pretty sure you were blowing your load after that last game Rivers went off. Salty bitch.

":cry But, but he stared at him :cry"
Rivers was on the sidelines in crutches last game.

:lol Dumbjohn

Killakobe81
03-01-2018, 02:59 PM
But now we have fools complaining about different types of travel, to separate from the fact 100% of the league travels and doesn't get called.

And the push!!!
There was a light push, but Harden already had him off balance and stumbling with the cross and stop, before the travel.
and I noticed Skip and others saying he pushed... but ignore the most iconic push with MJ nudging Russell ...
no one cares about that push except Jazz fans.

sook
03-01-2018, 03:44 PM
Your guys are insufferable..the NBA has come out and said it isn't a travel. Spur fan trashing other people for stuff per usual :lol

Down Under
03-01-2018, 03:53 PM
There's nothing illegal about it - just the same as anyone is allowed the pick their dribble up mid step, land, then take 2 more. It's stupid but its been happening for 15 years.

sook
03-01-2018, 04:07 PM
There's nothing illegal about it - just the same as anyone is allowed the pick their dribble up mid step, land, then take 2 more. It's stupid but its been happening for 15 years.

An objective spurfan...what are you still doing here bro? :lol

dfens
03-01-2018, 04:33 PM

:lmao:lmao today's nba, lebron doesn't even travel anymore compared to this generation SMH sons :lmao

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 04:53 PM
Rivers was on the sidelines in crutches last game.

Rivers did go off in an earlier game. And you blew your load over a regular season game. You're right how could I forget that game, since Blake was traded almost right after :lol

03-01-2018, 05:12 PM

Arcadian
03-01-2018, 05:30 PM
He shuffled to get behind the 3 line. He could've settled for 2 without the travel and have an actual legitimate highlight play.

Bill_Brasky
03-01-2018, 06:01 PM
He pushed off too....it was a nice move, but nowhere near the ankle-breaking, life ending, GOAT moment that people are making it out to be.

D-Wade
03-01-2018, 06:23 PM
He pushed off too....it was a nice move, but nowhere near the ankle-breaking, life ending, GOAT moment that people are making it out to be.

Agreed. Kellerman already called it the GOAT cross in a reg season game smh

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 06:29 PM
Your guys are insufferable..the NBA has come out and said it isn't a travel. Spur fan trashing other people for stuff per usual :lol

When did they come out and say that? I'm pretty sure you can't just hop-skip backwards, then shoot.

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 06:31 PM

What's shocking is how obvious this one is. Travels while driving to the basket that don't get called are easier to excuse, because they happen so quickly. This stuff is blatant, and provides a HUGE advantage to the offensive player.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 06:32 PM
Gee... I wonder who the NBA is always going to side with: their fake manufactured "superstar" Frauden, or career journeyman Wesley Johnson?

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 06:34 PM
What's shocking is how obvious this one is. Travels while driving to the basket that don't get called are easier to excuse, because they happen so quickly. This stuff is blatant, and provides a HUGE advantage to the offensive player.

Travels and palming hardly ever get called. I guess people don't remember the LeBron crab dribble.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 06:34 PM
Rivers did go off in an earlier game. And you blew your load over a regular season game. You're right how could I forget that game, since Blake was traded almost right after :lol
:lol You root for a team built around Frauden and CP0 and coached by D'Antoni. You don't get to accuse others of blowing their load over regular-season games.

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 06:38 PM
:lol You root for a team built around Frauden and CP0 and coached by D'Antoni. You don't get to accuse others of blowing their load over regular-season games.

You're the one leaking over one move in a regular season game. Pathetic. But keep the issue alive guy.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 06:40 PM
You're the one leaking over one move in a regular season game. Pathetic. But keep the issue alive guy.
If by "leaking," you mean pointing out that he pushed off and then traveled, then sure. What time is the parade for Frauden's Regular Season Crossover Championship?

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 06:48 PM
If by "leaking," you mean pointing out that he pushed off and then traveled, then sure. What time is the parade for Frauden's Regular Season Crossover Championship?

It's funny you are acting like I'm personally hyping it. Again, whether Harden or if it was anyone else who pulled that move, I'm not going to sit and complain about a pushoff, that happens in games, pickup games etc. Wesley didn't seem to complain about a pushoff :lol

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 06:49 PM
BTW, even your boy LeBron praised it . So chill the fuck out.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 07:07 PM
It's funny you are acting like I'm personally hyping it. Again, whether Harden or if it was anyone else who pulled that move, I'm not going to sit and complain about a pushoff, that happens in games, pickup games etc. Wesley didn't seem to complain about a pushoff :lol
Wes isn't a crybaby. In contrast, the Rockets went crying to the league earlier this season and protested the game because we beat them.

djohn2oo8
03-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Wes isn't a crybaby. In contrast, the Rockets went crying to the league earlier this season and protested the game because we beat them.

Unlike you. And didn't that game they let someone play with 6 fouls? But it matters not. Blake got his ass shipped out that's pretty satisfying.

HarlemHeat37
03-01-2018, 07:10 PM
Can't lie, it was :wow

You know he would have dribbled it off his foot out of bounds if it was May, though:lol

Chris
03-01-2018, 07:11 PM

Iverson knew how to do it right imo

03-01-2018, 07:13 PM
:lol today's NBA

phxspurfan
03-01-2018, 07:23 PM
gx3S73InQ04 seems debatable. Much less debatable than LeBron's crab dribble. Or CP3's pivots and then dribbles. A pivot used to be able to take away your ability to dribble again.

dfens
03-01-2018, 07:29 PM
basketball is dead sons, just accept it tbh. the level of help these supposed "stars" like flopden get is absolutely aberrant. The refs have become book lawyers instead of whistling the game, they whistle to cover their ass. They're not even whistling basketball plays, they just whistle the rulebook. Even in povertyball you get a yellow card for blatant diving smh. MJ got a lot of calls back in the days but SMH that nigga looked to get to the rim and score, not to contort himself to get in the best position to fall akwardly and get a ft. what harden is doing isn't even basketball tbh, you take flop protected slashing and you're left with a great 3p shooter + passer with no defense .. just another 18-22ppg star/allstar, nothing more,a derozan. But with the ungodly advantage of receiving a ft for every aberant non-basketball play he gets 30.

tbh we live in an era where the player signature moves are either violations, moves against the spirit of the game or 3pters : harden flop, dubeta ripthrough, giannis travel, cucky 3. what a pussified league smh.

if they'd let the defense play honestly (and i'm not talking hand checking) these niggas would have a massive offensive dropoff.

of course the league is pushing this style of play because it appeals to casuals, pussies and idiots. The midgetball gook market, the bitch nigga market and the corporate soft boy market are the holy trinity for NBA's pocket, exactly the type of faggots who rarely play, dress up to play and call every imaginable shit in their favor while being as dirty as they can. It's a game for sour losers. That's why the ticky tacky players are so loved by those groups. 20 years ago these losers couldn't even play in a game because none of the shit from today would've ever flied : ticky tacky fouls, blatant travel as a go-to move, fear of physical but fair contact.

Tbh y'all sons better pray lebrick plays more seasons because after him there is nobody in the position to take the mantle.

Also lol @djon, exactly the type of of fan marketed for by the nba. Cue in standard passive aggresive loser remark about basketball being a game of skill .. these faggots are hopeless smh :lmao

phxspurfan
03-01-2018, 08:04 PM
btw Harden obviously pushed off on that play. Similar to the Jordan last shot play (on Bryon Russell).

spurraider21
03-01-2018, 08:24 PM
i dont think it was a push off... he held his right arm out there but i dont think he extended it. look at wes's feet as he fell... it tripped, it wasn't the result of any push

sook
03-01-2018, 09:06 PM
When did they come out and say that? I'm pretty sure you can't just hop-skip backwards, then shoot.

Same exact play under review a couple games ago the nba said it wasn’t a travel. Given how people here hate on harden for drawing fouls but worship the GOAT flopper and pioneer Ginobili I don’t expect anything . The push off folks are even worse...you’re allowed to protect the ball with your offhand, he didn’t use any extra motion apart from his natural body momentum. Have fun though.

sook
03-01-2018, 09:07 PM
i dont think it was a push off... he held his right arm out there but i dont think he extended it. look at wes's feet as he fell... it tripped, it wasn't the result of any push

Someone gets it. But then again, the bar for spurfan in this thread is low

lefty
03-01-2018, 09:21 PM
basketball is dead sons, just accept it tbh. the level of help these supposed "stars" like flopden get is absolutely aberrant. The refs have become book lawyers instead of whistling the game, they whistle to cover their ass. They're not even whistling basketball plays, they just whistle the rulebook. Even in povertyball you get a yellow card for blatant diving smh. MJ got a lot of calls back in the days but SMH that nigga looked to get to the rim and score, not to contort himself to get in the best position to fall akwardly and get a ft. what harden is doing isn't even basketball tbh, you take flop protected slashing and you're left with a great 3p shooter + passer with no defense .. just another 18-22ppg star/allstar, nothing more,a derozan. But with the ungodly advantage of receiving a ft for every aberant non-basketball play he gets 30.

tbh we live in an era where the player signature moves are either violations, moves against the spirit of the game or 3pters : harden flop, dubeta ripthrough, giannis travel, cucky 3. what a pussified league smh.

if they'd let the defense play honestly (and i'm not talking hand checking) these niggas would have a massive offensive dropoff.

of course the league is pushing this style of play because it appeals to casuals, pussies and idiots. The midgetball gook market, the bitch nigga market and the corporate soft boy market are the holy trinity for NBA's pocket, exactly the type of faggots who rarely play, dress up to play and call every imaginable shit in their favor while being as dirty as they can. It's a game for sour losers. That's why the ticky tacky players are so loved by those groups. 20 years ago these losers couldn't even play in a game because none of the shit from today would've ever flied : ticky tacky fouls, blatant travel as a go-to move, fear of physical but fair contact.

Tbh y'all sons better pray lebrick plays more seasons because after him there is nobody in the position to take the mantle.

Also lol @djon, exactly the type of of fan marketed for by the nba. Cue in standard passive aggresive loser remark about basketball being a game of skill .. these faggots are hopeless smh :lmao

:wow
:worthy:

ambchang
03-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Someone gets it. But then again, the bar for spurfan in this thread is low

:lol agreeing with you = gets it. This is pretty pathetic.

For the record I don’t think it’s a push off, but clearly a travel. It’s just how homerly blind you and djohn are that’s hilarious.

Btw, I always thought the purpose of a crossover is to go past your man for a drive to the basket, not such that you can take three steps back for a three pointer.

TDfan2007
03-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Same exact play under review a couple games ago the nba said it wasn’t a travel. Given how people here hate on harden for drawing fouls but worship the GOAT flopper and pioneer Ginobili I don’t expect anything . The push off folks are even worse...you’re allowed to protect the ball with your offhand, he didn’t use any extra motion apart from his natural body momentum. Have fun though.

Manu flopped and embellished contact, but he attacked the basket with the intent of finishing and the contact was there. Harden INVENTS contadt. He flails, hooks his arm into defenders, swings his arm into defenders, and throws himself into defenders off of screens. Now he's traveling BLATANTLY on his stepbacks. Manu flopped, but Harden has taken it to an entirely different level.

The sad part is that he's one of the best SGs of all time, talent-wise. He doesn't need these antics. Unfortunately, he's such a lazy player that he uses them for easy points.

Also, the whole "bbbbbut [insert player's name here] did it, and he's on your team, so you can't say anything! :cry " argument is illogical, stupid, and annoying.

Chris
03-01-2018, 11:02 PM
Harden has taken it to an entirely different level.

The sad part is that he's one of the best SGs of all time, talent-wise. He doesn't need these antics. Unfortunately, he's such a lazy player that he uses them for easy points.

He learned a lot of those antics from Durant and Scott Brooks imo If a defender tries to put their arm out they will push against their arm and attempt a jump shot. This should never be rewarded, but has been consistently called for well over a decade. It drives basketball purists like JVG nuts.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 11:23 PM

And I'm not saying only white people have fundamentals, obviously..however, that's usually what old heads and ex-NBA fans are referring to when they criticize the fundamentals of today's players..they miss the white NBA, they miss Hoosiers..

No sir. We miss the sport and the enforcement of the basic rules that made it a great sport, which were sacrificed on the altar of entertainment by David Stern, which in turn opened the door to terrible fundamentals and blatant gaming of the rules - cheating, essentially. Old school players both black and white had to adhere to rules that were enforced, and they had sound fundamentals or else they couldn't stay on the court. Guys like Sam Jones, Russ and my man, Oscar were the most fundamentally sound players of their day.

Bill_Brasky
03-01-2018, 11:29 PM
Agreed. Kellerman already called it the GOAT cross in a reg season game smh

Kemba Walker murdering that poor kid in the NCAA tournament when UConn won it all in 2010 was better. He's had a few in the NBA as well.

sasaint
03-01-2018, 11:31 PM

Driving the game off a cliff.

Clipper Nation
03-01-2018, 11:57 PM
Kemba Walker murdering that poor kid in the NCAA tournament when UConn won it all in 2010 was better. He's had a few in the NBA as well.
Eric Gordon's crossover on Curry is still arguably the nastiest I've ever seen.

DAF86
03-02-2018, 05:06 AM
gx3S73InQ04 seems debatable. Much less debatable than LeBron's crab dribble. Or CP3's pivots and then dribbles. A pivot used to be able to take away your ability to dribble again.

Gather and three steps. Not very debatable, tbh. But meh, there have been worse on the NBA.

ElNono
03-02-2018, 05:14 AM
This is why when these players go play FIBA, they need two or three games to adjust. The first couple of games, they get called for travel like 20 times...

Brazil
03-02-2018, 07:34 AM
This is why when these players go play FIBA, they need two or three years to adjust. The first couple of games, they get called for travel like 20 times...

fify

:lol

djohn2oo8
03-02-2018, 08:37 AM

For the record I don’t think it’s a push off, but clearly a travel. It’s just how homerly blind you and djohn are that’s hilarious.

Btw, I always thought the purpose of a crossover is to go past your man for a drive to the basket, not such that you can take three steps back for a three pointer.

https://nevac.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/michael-jordan-lean-in-crossover.gif

Right, because the purpose of a crossover is to always go straight to the basket. Jesus.

ambchang
03-02-2018, 08:45 AM
https://nevac.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/michael-jordan-lean-in-crossover.gif

Right, because the purpose of a crossover is to always go straight to the basket. Jesus.

Not always, but the purpose of the crossover is to go past your man, not to step back.

Apologies for not getting it by disagreeing with you though, the dictionary of basketball.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Not always, but the purpose of the crossover is to go past your man, not to step back.

Apologies for not getting it by disagreeing with you though, the dictionary of basketball.

The purpose of a crossover is to deceive the defender to get yourself the best possible shot either at the rim or on a jumper. You are spouting some hilarious bullshit.

djohn2oo8
03-02-2018, 10:04 AM
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/tyronncross_original1.gif?w=650

According to Amb, this wasn't a valid move because he stepped back :lol

ambchang
03-02-2018, 12:44 PM
The purpose of a crossover is to deceive the defender to get yourself the best possible shot either at the rim or on a jumper. You are spouting some hilarious bullshit.

And the best possible shot is three steps back for a three pointer.

ambchang
03-02-2018, 12:46 PM

Did I say it wasn’t valid? I said the purpose. Iverson got a great shot. So it’s valid. Harden ended up travelling that just didn’t get called. Not sure how it would be the best cross over ever when you can’t even launch a shot without taking three more steps.

phxspurfan
03-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Gather and three steps. Not very debatable, tbh. But meh, there have been worse on the NBA.

the debatable part to me is that he had his other foot planted when he took the 3rd step (to get behind the 3pt line). Like it was a dance move or something

The Gemini Method
03-02-2018, 02:32 PM
It was a nice move. Not the best crossover by any stretch of imagination, but if it comes from Harden/LeBron it's going to be magnified 10x the actual level of thrill.

spurraider21
03-02-2018, 03:17 PM

actually his left foot stays grounded the whole time, so that's a really poor comparison. iverson's issue was that he carried/palmed the ball a lot, but this play isn't an example of that

djohn2oo8
03-02-2018, 03:45 PM
actually his left foot stays grounded the whole time, so that's a really poor comparison. iverson's issue was that he carried/palmed the ball a lot, but this play isn't an example of that
Still, crossovers are not only meant to just drive to the basket.

Chucho
03-02-2018, 03:56 PM

He really is that simple, that's how he sees politics as well. Not a very secure person at all.

Jules_Winnfield
03-02-2018, 04:01 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf1EbTWFlWw/?taken-by=nba

Jamal needs to teach these two losers how to step back. :lol

dfens
03-02-2018, 04:23 PM

amazing. next up passes are not just meant to create assists :wow:wow:wow:wow

ambchang
03-02-2018, 05:09 PM

It’s about getting past your man and getting a good shot. Not take three steps back for a three.

lefty
03-02-2018, 10:21 PM

Lol Lebron's assistant coach

03-02-2018, 10:44 PM
:lol

Clipper Nation
03-02-2018, 10:46 PM
:lol Doc Rivers giving him a coaching career

james evans
03-03-2018, 01:26 AM
Harden been traveling. It's crazy that the league will whore themselves out and allow blatant illegal moves for the sake of highlight reels.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54c6ffdee4b0c75c07d581ac/t/54e3bb93e4b06e0409141725/1424210869429/

someone please explain to me how this isn't a travel.

Roxsfan
03-03-2018, 02:02 AM
Salty ass fans from weak franchises up in here.

Lakers, Clips and Spurs.

DAF86
03-03-2018, 06:23 AM
the debatable part to me is that he had his other foot planted when he took the 3rd step (to get behind the 3pt line). Like it was a dance move or something

Emmh, I don't know what foot you think he had planted but he traveled pretty clearly on that play. It really wasn't debatable at all.

ambchang
03-03-2018, 06:57 AM

Lakers, Clips and Spurs.

:lol weak franchises.

Rox last championship - 1995
Total titles won - 2
Number of pedophiles as the face of the franchise - 2
If you want to rank franchises based on the pedo to rings ratio, the rockets would be the second best franchise in nba history, behind the jazz of course.

Clipper Nation
03-03-2018, 09:49 AM

Lakers, Clips and Spurs.
:lol If it wasn't for the superhuman efforts of prime Hakeem, you'd have the same ring count as us. And your dumbass franchise was thisclose to trading Hakeem to the Clippers before that could happen:

The Rockets appear committed to dealing the disgruntled Olajuwon.

The talk has the Clippers first in line, although that's where it all gets fuzzy.

The Rockets supposedly want Danny Manning, Loy Vaught and Glenn Rivers and draft picks...
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-09-16/sports/9203240376_1_bulls-clippers-dallas-derek-harper

Sit down, be humble.

Roxsfan
03-03-2018, 09:56 PM
:lol If it wasn't for the superhuman efforts of prime Hakeem, you'd have the same ring count as us. And your dumbass franchise was thisclose to trading Hakeem to the Clippers before that could happen:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1992-09-16/sports/9203240376_1_bulls-clippers-dallas-derek-harper

Sit down, be humble.

Stfu. You salty af.

Roxsfan
03-03-2018, 09:58 PM

Total titles won - 2
If you want to rank franchises based on the pedo to rings ratio, the rockets would be the second best franchise in nba history, behind the jazz of course.

Figure out your Hawaii Leonard issue then maybe you have a team otherwise weak is correct right NOW.

Clipper Nation
03-03-2018, 10:26 PM
Frauden with another one of those "amazing moves":

ambchang
03-04-2018, 12:17 AM
Figure out your Hawaii Leonard issue then maybe you have a team otherwise weak is correct right NOW.

Do you know what a franchise means?

Xsatyr
03-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Harden been traveling. It's crazy that the league will whore themselves out and allow blatant illegal moves for the sake of highlight reels.

https://static1.squarespace.com/static/54c6ffdee4b0c75c07d581ac/t/54e3bb93e4b06e0409141725/1424210869429/

someone please explain to me how this isn't a travel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAIL4J3jIA&t=45s

ambchang
03-04-2018, 02:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToAIL4J3jIA&t=45s

So your response to the question about a move that was clearly a travel is to show a video of analyst showing a perfectly legal move by the same player? Did the original person say that every move that Harden had was a travel?

djohn2oo8
03-04-2018, 02:46 PM

Sit down, be humble.

Before you tell anyone to be humble, you should learn to follow ONE team at a time, bitch :lol

djohn2oo8
03-04-2018, 02:47 PM
Frauden with another one of those "amazing moves":

All this time and you still don't have your own shtick.

djohn2oo8
03-04-2018, 02:51 PM

Total titles won - 2

To be fair, the spurs are a Popovich retirement away from being sold for a box of tacos and moved to Seattle.

Xsatyr
03-04-2018, 05:51 PM
So your response to the question about a move that was clearly a travel is to show a video of analyst showing a perfectly legal move by the same player? Did the original person say that every move that Harden had was a travel?

It's not a double step back; people are counting before the gather. In the gif I quoted Harden gathers the ball after he shuffles his left foot back just before the three point line. Then he steps back behind the three point line. The first step back is irrelevant bc he hasn't stopped his dribble yet.

ambchang
03-04-2018, 06:35 PM
To be fair, the spurs are a Popovich retirement away from being sold for a box of tacos and moved to Seattle.

Too bad for you that didn’t happen though.

No pedos though.

ambchang
03-04-2018, 06:36 PM
It's not a double step back; people are counting before the gather. In the gif I quoted Harden gathers the ball after he shuffles his left foot back just before the three point line. Then he steps back behind the three point line. The first step back is irrelevant bc he hasn't stopped his dribble yet.

It is on the cross over of the century though. Clearly three steps.

Roxsfan
03-04-2018, 07:03 PM
Do you know what a franchise means?

It means you wanna forget the now and live in the past with your collective body of work BS

Xsatyr
03-04-2018, 07:30 PM
It is on the cross over of the century though. Clearly three steps.

No it's not. Watch in slow motion. He gathers the ball just as he gets his left foot down and then steps back with his right foot. The same 0 1 2 step style Ronnie Nunn refers to.

The ball does hit his hand with his right foot down but he still hasn't actually gathered the ball.

ambchang
03-04-2018, 10:02 PM
It means you wanna forget the now and live in the past with your collective body of work BS

Talking about franchise accomplishments actually talks about the entire history.

Besides, Spurs last title: 2014
Rockets: 1995

ambchang
03-04-2018, 10:03 PM
No it's not. Watch in slow motion. He gathers the ball just as he gets his left foot down and then steps back with his right foot. The same 0 1 2 step style Ronnie Nunn refers to.

The ball does hit his hand with his right foot down but he still hasn't actually gathered the ball.

And those women weren’t hookers. They were just his girlfriends for those few hours and coincidentally got paid.

Xsatyr
03-05-2018, 12:03 AM
And those women weren’t hookers. They were just his girlfriends for those few hours and coincidentally got paid.

Congratz on resorting to an ad hominem and failing to make a valid argument on how it was a travel.

ambchang
03-05-2018, 06:39 AM
Congratz on resorting to an ad hominem and failing to make a valid argument on how it was a travel.

If you want to say three steps is not a travel because you are a rockets fan, that’s up to you. I’m just extending your logic to say harden is perfect, that’s all.

daslicer
03-05-2018, 12:56 PM

What have the Rockets done based on recent history? Last year they got eliminated by a Kawhiless Spurs team on their home court. The year before they lost in the first round to the Warriors. Based on the last two years the Spurs have had more success than the Rox. Obviously this year the Rox are better but it remains to be seen if they can beat the Warriors. If the Rox don't beat the Warriors this year then it's a wasted season and they probably never win a title with CP3/Harden.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2018, 01:02 PM
None of them got paid to keep quiet about pillowbiting....(looking in the direction of a certain 7 footer)

dfens
03-05-2018, 01:25 PM
y'all sons better go easy on these rockets fans, these niggas haven't seen a ring since :lmao bunch of sellout faggots in this thread tbh, lmao destroying the good game just to appeal to bums like flopden :lol at least povertyball is a man's game at the highest levels, nba is a bitch niggas game. deal with it tbh..

djohn2oo8
03-05-2018, 01:34 PM
y'all sons better go easy on these rockets fans, these niggas haven't seen a ring since :lmao bunch of sellout faggots in this thread tbh, lmao destroying the good game just to appeal to bums like flopden :lol at least povertyball is a man's game at the highest levels, nba is a bitch niggas game. deal with it tbh..

Povertyball a man's game eh?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcnzWmq70t1oJ8I/giphy.gif

Xsatyr
03-05-2018, 01:51 PM
If you want to say three steps is not a travel because you are a rockets fan, that’s up to you. I’m just extending your logic to say harden is perfect, that’s all.

Perfect?? Nah.. He is a mental midget who has a better chance of losing in the first round than taking the Warriors to six games. With that said, a gather step plus two steps is not a travel; learn the rules or learn to count. Good day sir.

Clipper Nation
03-05-2018, 02:09 PM
at least povertyball is a man's game at the highest levels
:lmao

dfens
03-05-2018, 02:43 PM
Povertyball a man's game eh?

https://media.giphy.com/media/xUPGcnzWmq70t1oJ8I/giphy.gif

highest level you illiterate gook. :lol lmao flopden fans talking about ethics.

dfens
03-05-2018, 02:44 PM

nigga watch the world cup to see players really wanting to win, then you'll see the NBA is just a farce in comparison.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2018, 02:50 PM
highest level you illiterate gook. :lol lmao flopden fans talking about ethics.
Man's gameeeeeee

http://i.imgur.com/X3syHee.gif

Clipper Nation
03-05-2018, 02:53 PM
nigga watch the world cup to see players really wanting to win, then you'll see the NBA is just a farce in comparison.

dfens
03-05-2018, 02:57 PM
Man's gameeeeeee

http://i.imgur.com/X3syHee.gif

son for every flop you post from 5th tier teams I can post a 5 flops from a mvp level player. Or just from harden. At least I know both sports, seeing you gooks try to post about football :lmao:lmao y'all just a bunch of try hards. Also the point is that even if poveryball is full of flops it's not the travesty the nba has become. so please search more gifs and enjoy your 2nd rate regular season athletic harlotry.

ambchang
03-05-2018, 09:20 PM
None of them got paid to keep quiet about pillowbiting....(looking in the direction of a certain 7 footer)

Yes. You at right. Nothing harden did could be criticized.

ambchang
03-05-2018, 09:58 PM
Perfect?? Nah.. He is a mental midget who has a better chance of losing in the first round than taking the Warriors to six games. With that said, a gather step plus two steps is not a travel; learn the rules or learn to count. Good day sir.

A gather step after picking up the ball is a step. I have no problems with most of his step backs. Heck ginobioi hit a game winner over the Bucks a few years back with the same move. The problem with this particular move is that he picked up the ball then gather stepped then took two more steps.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2018, 12:53 AM
son for every flop you post from 5th tier teams I can post a 5 flops from a mvp level player. Or just from harden. At least I know both sports, seeing you gooks try to post about football :lmao:lmao y'all just a bunch of try hards. Also the point is that even if poveryball is full of flops it's not the travesty the nba has become. so please search more gifs and enjoy your 2nd rate regular season athletic harlotry.

Damn son even the coaches?

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/soccer-coach-headbutt-flop-headbutt-gifs.gif

Chris
03-06-2018, 01:47 AM
^ :lmao

Xsatyr
03-06-2018, 04:28 AM
A gather step after picking up the ball is a step. I have no problems with most of his step backs. Heck ginobioi hit a game winner over the Bucks a few years back with the same move. The problem with this particular move is that he picked up the ball then gather stepped then took two more steps.

Manu gathered the ball just as he got his left foot down and then stepped back. That's not a travel. I think you're counting steps as soon as the ball hits the player's hand but that's not when it's gathered yet. We can agree to disagree but as Ronnie Nunn explains it's a 0 1 2 step with the gather step being 0.

ambchang
03-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Manu gathered the ball just as he got his left foot down and then stepped back. That's not a travel. I think you're counting steps as soon as the ball hits the player's hand but that's not when it's gathered yet. We can agree to disagree but as Ronnie Nunn explains it's a 0 1 2 step with the gather step being 0.

I menat I didn’t have a problem with that ginobili step back or most of greens step bangs because those weren’t treble. The crossover of the century is though.

dfens
03-06-2018, 12:45 PM
Damn son even the coaches?

http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/soccer-coach-headbutt-flop-headbutt-gifs.gif
:lmao:lmao that's a good one tbh. should I post the jason kidd one? as i've said for every unknown team you post I'm giving you first rate replies. smh y'all gooks never learn.

HarlemHeat37
03-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Why does a 40+ year old German man say "nigga" so much, tbh?

03-06-2018, 06:06 PM
Sad how players have no fundamentals these days tbh

dfens
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Why does a 40+ year old German man say "nigga" so much, tbh?

nigga please.