PDA

View Full Version : In Praise Of Manu- Alvin Gentry

spurs10
03-01-2018, 09:25 PM
“Ginobili, he’ll be driving to the basket when he’s in his casket, that’s just who he is.” Gentry said. “To me, I don’t know if there has been another guy in the league that’s more competitive than he is.”

Very cool and dead-on! If anyone has a link to this interview please post, this is the quote though. Hail Manu!!
:lobt2:

weebo
03-01-2018, 09:55 PM
“Ginobili, he’ll be driving to the basket when he’s in his casket, that’s just who he is.” Gentry said. “To me, I don’t know if there has been another guy in the league that’s more competitive than he is.”

Very cool and dead-on! If anyone has a link to this interview please post, this is the quote though. Hail Manu!!

:bobo

tbdog
03-01-2018, 09:57 PM
He has been asked to do too much for his age due to the makeup of this roster and no Leonard. Honestly, think next year if we make minor changes, he would have another solid year. But surely this year of terrible bad luck in injuries for the whole team, causing the Spurs to have no chemistry and identity, might be too sour for him to continue?

SpursDynasty85
03-01-2018, 10:01 PM
He is loving this year it seems. Playing better than he has since 2012! He is still not playing a ton of minutes. He signed on to play. Let him play! Ginobili will hopefully play until he transitions into an assistant coach.

spurs10
03-01-2018, 10:15 PM
He has been asked to do too much for his age due to the makeup of this roster and no Leonard. Honestly, think next year if we make minor changes, he would have another solid year. But surely this year of terrible bad luck in injuries for the whole team, causing the Spurs to have no chemistry and identity, might be too sour for him to continue?
I think he is mainly enjoying his time this year, though they a lot has been asked of him.

He is loving this year it seems. Playing better than he has since 2012! He is still not playing a ton of minutes. He signed on to play. Let him play! Ginobili will hopefully play until he transitions into an assistant coach.
Yeah “Let him play!” :toast

spurs10
03-01-2018, 10:16 PM
:bobo :bobo

spurs10
03-02-2018, 02:03 AM
better than patty First round Hall of Fame, no doubt!
:flag:

coachmac87
03-02-2018, 04:26 AM
Biggest bright spot of this season is watching Manu..

Cherish these moments..I’m going to miss him almost as much I miss Timmy

spurs10
03-02-2018, 04:41 AM

Cherish these moments..I’m going to miss him almost as much I miss Timmy Yes indeed! :toast

jermaine
03-02-2018, 05:11 AM

Cherish these moments..I’m going to miss him almost as much I miss Timmy

Ginobili is the reason I started rooting for the Spurs. I thought Kawhi would be the guy to take me into the next generation of Spurs after Timmy retired, Then he proved he's not a leader. We're fucked after Tony an Manu retires. Maybe Murray will be the man, Idk!!

BillMc
03-02-2018, 05:55 AM

:toast

Ginobili, he’ll be driving to the basket when he’s in his casket, that’s just who he is

Undertaker better not let him go left. :lol They'll have to Van Helsing his ass..

wildbill2u
03-02-2018, 03:19 PM
Manu has the magic that Timmy never had. He is a player with a unique style and talent that comes along so rarely that they are remembered and admired through generations. To have him, Timmy and Tony on our team for so many CONSISTENTLY wonderful years has been a privilege that only a very few cities (Los Angeles, Boston, Chicago) have ever had.

And we fans got to see them in their youth, their prime and then the years of graceful decline. I guarantee that those of you who are spoiled by the Spurs success that belongs to them (and to Pop) don't know how great this run by the Spurs has been--and how unlikely we will ever see its like again.

Darth_Pelican
03-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Gentry is a terrible coach. Davis and Jrue's play are carrying the Pelicans' winning streak. Gentry sucks.

SpursDynasty85
03-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Gentry is a terrible coach. Davis and Jrue's play are carrying the Pelicans' winning streak. Gentry sucks. I don't have a conclusive opinion of Gentry but I remember he outclassed Coach Pop in the 2010 sweep of the Spurs.

spurs10
03-02-2018, 04:49 PM
:toast

Undertaker better not let him go left. :lol They'll have to Van Helsing his ass..
:rollinExactly..”Don’t let him go left!!”

lefty
03-02-2018, 06:00 PM
better than patty

Better than Parker

SpurOutofTownFan
03-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Legend

spurs10
03-03-2018, 01:08 AM
Legend Word!