PDA

View Full Version : Believe...

coachmac87
03-02-2018, 04:48 AM
Believe in Kawhi....

Believe in LaMarcus...

Believe in Pop...

This year has sucked..not having Kawhi all year along with the drama has made things a bit frustrating. It’s interesting to see the young guys step up and periodically have success. But they all have limitations and for those reasons they’re just role players..period.

It’s tough to win in this league without stars. We only have had ONE all year and there isn’t another team in the West race who’s only had ONE..ok I guess Denver. We haven’t seen what the 18’ Spurs were supposed to be due to injury and that automatically makes the team flawed..

Sad thing is that’s obvious and you shouldn’t be surprised we’re in this position if you know hoops. But there still seems to be light at end of tunnel if Kawhi comes back..maybe we can see the team that PATFO believed in..it could give us a solid answer on which direction they go in the summer..

Embrace Manu and Tony..this could be it so take it in and believe in they’ll get one more crack at it like Timmy..believe in their competitiveness.

There’s nothing wrong in believing..I think we’ve all done it before? The 1,000,000 fickle fans deep down do otherwise they’d stop paying attention. Chances aren’t great but hey this could be it right? Blow it all up?? You’ll love what will come from that I’m sure..you’d then stop believing tbh

So just do it..

Believe..

PATFO Fluffer Out

:claw

Arcadian
03-02-2018, 04:53 AM
:lol

K...
03-02-2018, 09:35 AM
So is this a tank thread? Getting swept by the warriors didn't light a fire this year, but missing the playoffs might. Maybe we get a 2014 style motivation next year I don't want to just lose a first round series anymore. The current hard schedule is playoffs like so four lmore games isn't going to change much. We need to get our top 5 players in sync and we can not do that this year

Keepin' it real
03-02-2018, 09:40 AM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/KindheartedRevolvingBuck-max-1mb.gif

sasaint
03-02-2018, 11:34 AM
So is this a tank thread? Getting swept by the warriors didn't light a fire this year, but missing the playoffs might. Maybe we get a 2014 style motivation next year I don't want to just lose a first round series anymore. The current hard schedule is playoffs like so four lmore games isn't going to change much. We need to get our top 5 players in sync and we can not do that this year

We need to identify our top 5 players first. It is my hope that at least one of them is not on our current roster.

Play Boban
03-02-2018, 11:42 AM
Why should I believe in Kawhi?

SAGirl
03-02-2018, 11:42 AM
It’s a good thread and topic. :tu
My fanspirit was really broken in the last game bc perhaps it was a game they should have lost once Lamarcus left the game and yet they were ahead and failed to close out on a series of TO and coach Messina blunders. It was going to be difficult anyways. One knew ADavis would make plays at some point. He’s a star. He’d grab a rebound he shouldn’t have or he’d finish some ridiculous play one way or another but if you limited your mistakes including having someone proven to make difficult inbound passes instead of the 6’0” Mills maybe you get out of that game with a win.

But adding to the the frustration of that loss was also the recognition that if Lamarcus hadn’t gotten injured despite coaching blunders and mistakes they likely still come with that win. And him getting injured at this stage is demoralizing. It’s perhaps really not their year, not their season. That’s fine too. It hurts. As you say we really haven’t gotten so far to see what the team was really supposed to be. Maybe we get a peek at it, hopefully. Lamarcus is day to day and that’s better news than I though for an ankle sprain even a mild one, 2 weeks is pretty standard.

Any “believe” war cry probably has to emphasize: believe they will all get healthy at some point really soon. Hopefully it happens.

TDomination
03-02-2018, 12:23 PM
I appreciate these threads more than the tanking ones. At least there is still fan spirit to wanting to see this team win games.

I think honestly people may just have to get out of the mindset of championship or bust. With Timmy that was different. But now it's just a enjoy the game and hopefully they can make the playoffs to try and spoil someone's season.

Like last year. What a pleasant surprise that turned out to be. Who knew we would make WCF in the first year without duncan. But spurs fan had already tempered their expectations. Thst is until halftime of game 1 of WCF, I think at that point every one knew we had somthing special happening until Zaza happened.

But it's easier to enjoy the season when you know it's a long shot to win it all. You never know what might Happen.
But i just can't root for losing unless we are in a position to maybe get a top 3 pick.

But for right now I'm thinking how funny it would be to make the playoffs as the 8th seed, somehow get kawhi back and we beat Houston and their incredible season goes down the toilet.

And imagine Pringles reaction to finding out that he earned the 1st seed only to learn that he had to play us with kawhi all healthy and fresh and ready to prove something. Would be priceless.

I got excited about the possibility of kawhi coming back this year. Besides I think it would be good because it would make it more difficult to offer him supermax if he doesn't see the floor again this year. If he plays and feels good then we know it should be issues offering him the deal.

Phenomanul
03-02-2018, 12:34 PM
Gen-X and X-ennials are natural optimists.

Millennials and Gen-Z are natural pessimists.

KDKSpurs24
03-02-2018, 01:12 PM
What if having Rudy Gay on your team truly is a curse or something?

SAGirl
03-02-2018, 01:14 PM
What if having Rudy Gay on your team truly is a curse or something?
Just let him take Mills in that curse pls.

KDKSpurs24
03-02-2018, 01:41 PM
Just let him take Mills in that curse pls.
:lol

But.. the trade value :depressed

spurs10
03-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Believe in Kawhi....

Believe in LaMarcus...

Believe in Pop...

This year has sucked..not having Kawhi all year along with the drama has made things a bit frustrating. It’s interesting to see the young guys step up and periodically have success. But they all have limitations and for those reasons they’re just role players..period.

It’s tough to win in this league without stars. We only have had ONE all year and there isn’t another team in the West race who’s only had ONE..ok I guess Denver. We haven’t seen what the 18’ Spurs were supposed to be due to injury and that automatically makes the team flawed..

Sad thing is that’s obvious and you shouldn’t be surprised we’re in this position if you know hoops. But there still seems to be light at end of tunnel if Kawhi comes back..maybe we can see the team that PATFO believed in..it could give us a solid answer on which direction they go in the summer..

Embrace Manu and Tony..this could be it so take it in and believe in they’ll get one more crack at it like Timmy..believe in their competitiveness.

There’s nothing wrong in believing..I think we’ve all done it before? The 1,000,000 fickle fans deep down do otherwise they’d stop paying attention. Chances aren’t great but hey this could be it right? Blow it all up?? You’ll love what will come from that I’m sure..you’d then stop believing tbh

So just do it..

Believe..

PATFO Fluffer Out

:claw Great post! Believe!
:flag:

I appreciate these threads more than the tanking ones. At least there is still fan spirit to wanting to see this team win games.

I think honestly people may just have to get out of the mindset of championship or bust. With Timmy that was different. But now it's just a enjoy the game and hopefully they can make the playoffs to try and spoil someone's season.

Like last year. What a pleasant surprise that turned out to be. Who knew we would make WCF in the first year without duncan. But spurs fan had already tempered their expectations. Thst is until halftime of game 1 of WCF, I think at that point every one knew we had somthing special happening until Zaza happened.

But it's easier to enjoy the season when you know it's a long shot to win it all. You never know what might Happen.
But i just can't root for losing unless we are in a position to maybe get a top 3 pick.

But for right now I'm thinking how funny it would be to make the playoffs as the 8th seed, somehow get kawhi back and we beat Houston and their incredible season goes down the toilet.

And imagine Pringles reaction to finding out that he earned the 1st seed only to learn that he had to play us with kawhi all healthy and fresh and ready to prove something. Would be priceless.

I got excited about the possibility of kawhi coming back this year. Besides I think it would be good because it would make it more difficult to offer him supermax if he doesn't see the floor again this year. If he plays and feels good then we know it should be issues offering him the deal.
:bobo