PDA

View Full Version : OT: Does KD actually think he can have a bigger legacy than Lebron?

Spurtacular
03-03-2018, 05:59 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-says-100-stay-211101171.html

Why would KD not want to team up with Lebron and maybe be the best one-two punch in NBA history?

My thought on this besides maybe being dimwitted or comfortable is that KD actually thinks he's better off being on a stacked team that beats Lebron. In this case, he could even surpass Lebron in rings (not likely, imo) and win the head to head finals match-up (very possible). In this event, does KD see himself as being on the higher greats list? Is KD truly a product of ring counter syndrome?

daslicer
03-03-2018, 06:37 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/kevin-durant-says-100-stay-211101171.html

Why would KD not want to team up with Lebron and maybe be the best one-two punch in NBA history?

My thought on this besides maybe being dimwitted or comfortable is that KD actually thinks he's better off being on a stacked team that beats Lebron. In this case, he could even surpass Lebron in rings (not likely, imo) and win the head to head finals match-up (very possible). In this event, does KD see himself as being on the higher greats list? Is KD truly a product of ring counter syndrome?

You just answered your question. KD already believes he's the best player in the league. I have heard him say it in numerous interviews. He probably also believes if he beats Lebron a bunch of times that his legacy will be enhanced. I would say KD is a product of ring counter syndrome. I always viewed him in the same light as Barkley and Malone in the sense that he could never carry a team to a title. With the Warriors being stacked he has no pressure now and his choking can be covered by the Warriors stacked roster.

phxspurfan
03-04-2018, 02:33 AM
KD is a damn good player but LeBron was the player of that generation. He also took the US back to the top of olympic bball, FWIW

TDMVPDPOY
03-04-2018, 05:25 AM
imo if harden wins mvp and ring this yr? with fmvp also? >>>> kd