PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's New Jordan Deal Stalled

MoSpur02
03-04-2018, 10:20 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22640451/kawhi-leonard-talks-jordan-brand-new-shoe-deal-stalled-sources-say

hater
03-04-2018, 10:25 AM
The poor bastard cant even wipe his own ass let alone negotiate a contract with Jordan

Can we trade this scrub for Gonzo Testicle please?

NASpurs
03-04-2018, 10:26 AM
"But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said."

Let me guess who is one of the representatives...

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 10:26 AM
Well deserved tbh.

TheDoctor
03-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Jordan's offer of 20mills/per is not bad. Kawhi most probably wants a signature shoe deal (which isn't included in that contract offer).

tholdren
03-04-2018, 10:34 AM
Kl a royal douche

acoelho1
03-04-2018, 10:48 AM
Hard to have leverage when your not even playing. Let’s hope this is a reality check for KL. The guys are giving it their all while you sit and watch this train wreck. Being one of the great ones require sacrifice.

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 10:51 AM
Jordan's offer of 20mills/per is not bad. Kawhi most probably wants a signature shoe deal (which isn't included in that contract offer).

20mil total (5mil per), 20mil per is Lebron type money. He'd be making less than guys like Paul George, Lillard, and Irving. If you factor in Kawhi was top 10 in jersey sales and has better accolades than those guys I'm not sure his camp is being that unreasonable, but like the article mentioned Jordan brand tends to offer less than the other brands.

MoSpur02
03-04-2018, 11:11 AM
$20 million for 4 years is weak considering Leonard is/was a MVP type of player. This year isn't helping his negotiating though.

Wonder if this offer from Jordan will have Kawhi's representatives putting some of the blame on the Spurs being a small market team? :stirpot:

SuperCam
03-04-2018, 11:13 AM
there's a possibility he's holding out on negotiation until he can come back to the table and say he's joined a big market team tbh...

skut_farkus
03-04-2018, 11:14 AM
Kawhi Rose

K...
03-04-2018, 11:43 AM
He needs to start endorsing depends adult diapers

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Lmao you're a fathead fluffer, son. You have no right to downtalk any player besides Fatty.

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2018, 11:52 AM
there's a possibility he's holding out on negotiation until he can come back to the table and say he's joined a big market team tbh...
Pretty much this.

Once he becomes the face of the Lakers and gets talked about on First Take and Undisputed every day, he'll be getting Lebron type money. His uncle is making alpha moves.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 11:57 AM

These trolls... :lmao

SuperCam
03-04-2018, 12:03 PM
These trolls... :lmao

player fan PATFO fluffers :lmao

better be registering that lakersground username soon. a million kobestans about to take it before you get the chance tbh

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2018, 12:06 PM

better be registering that lakersground username soon. a million kobestans about to take it before you get the chance tbh
As a loyal Spurs fan, I'm already making TGY usernames on every Seattle sports forum. It's only a matter of time. Only arenas Fat Antonio fans can fill up are Kumbia Kingz concerts

hater
03-04-2018, 12:07 PM

:lmao

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 12:10 PM

Lakers fans thinking they could lure big-name FA this next offseason...Poor guys. :lmao

SuperCam
03-04-2018, 12:11 PM
As a loyal Spurs fan, I'm already making TGY usernames on every Seattle sports forum. It's only a matter of time. Only arenas Fat Antonio fans can fill up are Kumbia Kingz concerts

:lol

game sounded like a laker home game last night tbh. listen to the crowd reactions to lonzo shots:

spur fan still waiting in line at the whataburger concession stand :lmao

SAGirl
03-04-2018, 12:14 PM
Hard to have leverage when your not even playing. Let’s hope this is a reality check for KL. The guys are giving it their all while you sit and watch this train wreck. Being one of the great ones require sacrifice.

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2018, 12:16 PM

game sounded like a laker home game last night tbh. listen to the crowd reactions to lonzo shots:

Omfg :lmao....

Adam Silver having to change up the All star starter format because SA land whales couldn't get enough votes for Kawhi to have a safe lead over ZAZA PACHULIA.....

Truly the most embarrassing fans in the league.

apalisoc_9
03-04-2018, 12:31 PM
Kawhi releasing his own brand :wow

jermaine
03-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Kawhi is marketable as those guys!?! He'll get a big deal from Adidas or a China shoe company.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 12:41 PM
Kawhi is marketable as those guys!?!
He sold more jerseys than PG, Lillard, Blake in the last two seasons, his Klaw-logo line with Jordan immediately sold-out, his commercials had more views...He should get a better deal than those three guys.

He'll get a big deal from Adidas or a China shoe company.
Which isn't bad at all.

Nathan89
03-04-2018, 12:55 PM
No reason to jump on that deal.

Nathan89
03-04-2018, 12:56 PM
The deal would take him through his best years(in theory) and it's not even a good deal.

TimDunkem
03-04-2018, 01:11 PM

That shit is embarrassing. Then again being an embarrassment is typical for local Spurs fans.

hater
03-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Fat Antonio is an embarrasment to America

Just gift that shithole to mexico please

BillMc
03-04-2018, 01:23 PM
Not staying its anyone's fault or he should or should not have accepted the deal, but it would be better for all parties (companies who sell his shoes, players who want an endorsement) if that guy played. Again, not necessarily blaming Kawhi but this season can't have been good for anyone.

Hit reset and start again.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 01:40 PM
Not staying its anyone's fault or he should or should not have accepted the deal, but it would be better for all parties (companies who sell his shoes, players who want an endorsement) if that guy played. Again, not necessarily blaming Kawhi but this season can't have been good for anyone.

Hit reset and start again.

I called crazy those guys saying Kawhi isn't injured/doesn't want to play...Not being able to stay on court makes players lose money. No doubt about it.

Having said that, "not-playing" doesn't seem a factor in this case, like the article says Jordan brand tends to be very stingy on players deals

tholdren
03-04-2018, 01:41 PM
Sign him for max and ship him to anywhere

phxspurfan
03-04-2018, 01:43 PM
The poor bastard cant even wipe his own ass let alone negotiate a contract with Jordan

Can we trade this scrub for Gonzo Testicle please?

Lakers probably wouldn't do that deal straight up anymore. Spurs FO waited too long with their asset, and now the best theyll get for him next year (as a 1 year rental) would be some picks and a middling, older scoring scrub.

phxspurfan
03-04-2018, 01:45 PM
Jordan Brand, which is a division of Nike, and Leonard's representatives came "very close" to completion on a new four-year extension worth more than $20 million. But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said.

Who the fuck does this kid think he is.

phxspurfan
03-04-2018, 01:46 PM

Patty Mills would get 50 out of them tbh

BillMc
03-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Patty Mills would get 50 out of them tbh

Then forget to wear his own shoes.

Bynumite
03-04-2018, 01:49 PM
Lavar might give Kiwi his own signature shoe if he comes off the bench for Ingram:wakeup

Air Autism for $500.

BillMc
03-04-2018, 01:55 PM
I called crazy those guys saying Kawhi isn't injured/doesn't want to play...Not being able to stay on court makes players lose money. No doubt about it.

Agreed. I really can't believe Garrett is right about Kawhi being cleared but unwilling to play the whole season. Or that's he a puppet of an uncle who doesnt know what he's doing. It's hurting Kawhi's rep, could cost him a supermax, and is killing ancillary income like the shoe deal. He's always seemed too hungry to just take a season off. You only get so many in your prime. He must be hurt or really at least believe he's hurt.

phxspurfan
03-04-2018, 02:00 PM
Agreed. I really can't believe Garrett is right about Kawhi being cleared but unwilling to play the whole season. Or that's he a puppet of an uncle who doesnt know what he's doing. It's hurting Kawhi's rep, could cost him a supermax, and is killing ancillary income like the shoe deal. He's always seemed too hungry to just take a season off. You only get so many in your prime. He must be hurt or really at least believe he's hurt.

Everyone stop this He Must Be Really Hurt schtick. Now at least 2-3 medical teams have cleared him. The likelihood of his Leg That Is Hanging By A Thread after playing effectively zero minutes on a 25-26 year old is slim to none. He's just a kid who is a fearful and misguided.

There is a saying in the Army: "your body will go 10 times further than your mind will allow."

jermaine
03-04-2018, 02:09 PM
He sold more jerseys than PG, Lillard, Blake in the last two seasons, his Klaw-logo line with Jordan immediately sold-out, his commercials had more views...He should get a better deal than those three guys.

Which isn't bad at all.

I was meaning hes not outspoken like those guys. But you prove that being in a small market don't mean shit. His logo an jersey sales are great. An I was thinking about Clay Thompson's deal with China. Wade, an Parker too. They aren't bad deals.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 02:18 PM
Agreed. I really can't believe Garrett is right about Kawhi being cleared but unwilling to play the whole season. Or that's he a puppet of an uncle who doesnt know what he's doing. It's hurting Kawhi's rep, could cost him a supermax, and is killing ancillary income like the shoe deal.

I wouldn't believe in a guy who didn't even want to explain why Kawhi didn't get a more aggressive treatment on his quad in the summer...

He opted to ignore that other doctors and trainers questioned why Kawhi didn't have PRP theraphy or any other specific treatment in the summer...

He's always seemed too hungry to just take a season off. You only get so many in your prime.
Kawhi missed many things this season, All NBA Team spot included, to think he was faking an injury.

I find so weird that the same people who say he doesn't want to play or it's just a mental issue were saying the injury affected his explosiveness and wasn't looking like himself in his return...

DMC
03-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Makes the most sense that he's waiting for the supermax to negotiate long term endorsement contracts. He doesn't want to get locked in for less than he's worth, but there's a risk involved as always.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 02:26 PM
I was meaning hes not outspoken like those guys. But you prove that being in a small market don't mean shit. His logo an jersey sales are great.
Agree. Kawhi was top 6 NBA selling jerseys last season over Harden Klay Buttler who played in bigger markets.

I wouldn't hear what the few ugly Lakers trolls here have to say about "L.A. big market"...They're just desperate people

An I was thinking about Clay Thompson's deal with China. Wade, an Parker too. They aren't bad deals.
:tu

Budkin
03-04-2018, 02:46 PM
Spurs fans rooting for the team to not only lose their best player, but openly rooting for the city to lose the team. Today’s SpursTalk.

dabom
03-04-2018, 02:48 PM
Spurs fans rooting for the team to not only lose their best player, but openly rooting for the city to lose the team. Today’s SpursTalk.

Lot of faggots tbh.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 02:50 PM

Spursfans rooting for crybaby players to gtfo. Non spursfans wanting to lose games and city.. FIFY

Darius Bieber
03-04-2018, 02:52 PM
And this is why no big Star is ever gonna wanna play for this shit city. Kawhi would be making hundreds of millions in endorsements if he played in LA or NY or Golden State.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 02:54 PM
And this is why no big Star is ever gonna wanna play for this shit city. Kawhi would be making hundreds of millions in endorsements if he played in LA or NY or Golden State.
Says more about the lack of leadership in player tbh.

Play Boban
03-04-2018, 02:56 PM
He needs to get over himself!!!

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 03:09 PM
I just really hope this is not another part of the possible “big market” drip campaign in Kawhi’s ear. I don’t know if any of that stuff is true, but the potential for that is there.

SpurPadre
03-04-2018, 03:18 PM
Maybe Jordan is disgusted with Kawhi's softness and is like, "I had a 110 degree fever and Ebola and still played through that shit to score 88 points in a game...fuck this pussy" tbh.

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 03:21 PM
I think you are hearing whispers with a common theme of “Kawhi’s camp”. Are the rumors true? I dont know but there is some consistency there.

Kawhi should do whatever he thinks is good for him, I’m just saying I hope there are not people really trying to pull him from SA

BillMc
03-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Maybe Jordan is disgusted with Kawhi's softness and is like, "I had a 110 degree fever and Ebola and still played through that shit to score 88 points in a game...fuck this pussy" tbh.

I bet Jordan would take him in Charlotte.

daslicer
03-04-2018, 03:26 PM

You can say that about the whole entire league outside of NYC,LA,Chicago,Houston,Philadelphia,Miami,Bay Area. I would advise a retard like you to go be a fan of one of the cities I listed.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 03:32 PM
I just really hope this is not another part of the possible “big market” drip campaign in Kawhi’s ear. I don’t know if any of that stuff is true, but the potential for that is there.

Only if you think the premise that the market in where a guy plays determines his shoe deal, is valid.

If you think the premise is false -there are many examples to prove is false- this news means only one thing: his camp doesn't want to sign a deal for the same money that inferior talents already got with Jordan brand. That's all.

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Only if you think the premise that the market in where a guy plays determines his shoe deal, is valid.

If you think the premise is false -there are many examples to prove is false- this news means only one thing: his camp doesn't want to sign a deal for the same money that inferior talents already got with Jordan brand. That's all.

I think it’s debatable. I agree 100% there are examples of small market guys doing just fine; that does not mean that players in bigger markets don’t have more opportunity. They are not mutually exclusive takes.

It’s more about, whether it’s “true” or not, having people in Kawhi’s ear.

SpurPadre
03-04-2018, 03:35 PM

He definitely would but he would be on his ass non-stop, tbh.

TXstbobcat
03-04-2018, 03:36 PM

After reading the article I think this could be a negotiating tactic on both sides, As the article states that later this year when the contract expires Nike reserves the right to match any offer that Leonard receives. Nike might be waiting to see what offers on He receives before committing to a larger shoe contract. Leonard’s representation is probably going to want to see what the other offers are before excepting Nikes $20 million shoe contract offer.

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 03:37 PM

Before the tradeline, Jordan said he would trade his best player only for Kawhi.

But I guess you don't let a fact ruin your dramatic theory, right?

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 04:06 PM
t’s more about, whether it’s “true” or not, having people in Kawhi’s ear.
When a player is close to sign a long-term contract with a team or a multiple-years endorsement deal, there are always rumors.

Nothing is sure and people can only speculate...That's why I try not to over-read between lines. Only time will tell the truth.

spurs10
03-04-2018, 04:09 PM

Having said that, "not-playing" doesn't seem a factor in this case, like the article says Jordan brand tends to be very stingy on players deals Yes it’s preposterous to think that someone as competitive as Kawhi, who lives in the gym all summer, would willingly not play. It’s ridiculous.

Agreed. I really can't believe Garrett is right about Kawhi being cleared but unwilling to play the whole season. Or that's he a puppet of an uncle who doesnt know what he's doing. It's hurting Kawhi's rep, could cost him a supermax, and is killing ancillary income like the shoe deal. He's always seemed too hungry to just take a season off. You only get so many in your prime. He must be hurt or really at least believe he's hurt. Dr. Ferret might have treated many of San Antonio’s elite as a chiropractor, but he is doing himself and his office no favors by publicly slandering the Spurs top player and making some backseat driver analysis of his mental state. He might want to be more concerned about his own mental state, as that was an incredibly stupid thing to say unless he can prove it. Also who wants to go see a doctor who likes to go on the radio talking about about people’s private medical concerns and presumed mental state? If you live in San Antonio I’d advise you to stay clear of Dr. Ferret. :toast

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 04:58 PM
Yes it’s preposterous to think that someone as competitive as Kawhi, who lives in the gym all summer, would willingly not play. It’s ridiculous.

Dr. Ferret might have treated many of San Antonio’s elite as a chiropractor, but he is doing himself and his office no favors by publicly slandering the Spurs top player and making some backseat driver analysis of his mental state. He might want to be more concerned about his own mental state, as that was an incredibly stupid thing to say unless he can prove it. Also who wants to go see a doctor who likes to go on the radio talking about about people’s private medical concerns and presumed mental state? If you live in San Antonio I’d advise you to stay clear of Dr. Ferret. :toast
:clap

If he would have said this about any other player in the league, esp the terms he used and the whole "mental" thing I would say the same, he was low and very unprofessional.

tholdren
03-04-2018, 05:00 PM
Yes it’s preposterous to think that someone as competitive as Kawhi, who lives in the gym all summer, would willingly not play. It’s ridiculous.

Dr. Ferret might have treated many of San Antonio’s elite as a chiropractor, but he is doing himself and his office no favors by publicly slandering the Spurs top player and making some backseat driver analysis of his mental state. He might want to be more concerned about his own mental state, as that was an incredibly stupid thing to say unless he can prove it. Also who wants to go see a doctor who likes to go on the radio talking about about people’s private medical concerns and presumed mental state? If you live in San Antonio I’d advise you to stay clear of Dr. Ferret. :toast

Youre dumb

Keepin' it real
03-04-2018, 06:07 PM

Yet it's still happening ... and you're still in denial. I call that ridiculous.

LkrFan
03-04-2018, 06:24 PM

:downspin:

TheDoctor
03-04-2018, 08:06 PM
20mil total (5mil per), 20mil per is Lebron type money. He'd be making less than guys like Paul George, Lillard, and Irving. If you factor in Kawhi was top 10 in jersey sales and has better accolades than those guys I'm not sure his camp is being that unreasonable, but like the article mentioned Jordan brand tends to offer less than the other brands.

Read that wrong. My bad. 5mills/per is weak sauce tbh

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 08:31 PM
You have to market yourself heavily to get more money from shoe companies. Kawhi doesn’t want to do that. Its more than just play on the court and jersey sales.

Kawhi is seemingly wanting his cake (Supermax, money like other stars) but not wanting any of the responsibility that comes with that (talking to media, promoting yourself excessively outside of the gym).

YGWHI
03-04-2018, 08:43 PM
So if a player doesn't want to be a media clown promoting himself excessively he doesn't deserve the supermax? I get it about shoes brands deals but not for NBA teams' contracts.

Most franchises would love to give their money to a guy who doesn't talk nor put their numbers over team success, who doesn't question them in front media, who doesn't have fake Twitter accounts to criticize his former coach and teammates, who doesn't get fined for disrespecting rivals and fans in a game...

But it seems all it matters in today NBA is being willing to play the off court-media game. Sad times.

Stabula
03-04-2018, 08:51 PM
Someone needs to put a hit out on his uncle

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 09:26 PM
So if a player doesn't want to be a media clown promoting himself excessively he doesn't deserve the supermax? I get it about shoes brands deals but not for NBA teams' contracts.

Most franchises would love to give their money to a guy who doesn't talk nor put their numbers over team success, who doesn't question them in front media, who doesn't have fake Twitter accounts to criticize his former coach and teammates, who doesn't get fined for disrespecting rivals and fans in a game...

But it seems all it matters in today NBA is being willing to play the off court-media game. Sad times.

I do think if you want that rare Supermax, that ya, you should have some responsibility as the face of the franchise. Does that mean he doesn’t “deserve it” or wont get it? Probably not. But it’s not outrageous to think that someone who wants to paid like the top dogs takes on the responsibilities of the top dog.

That doesn’t mean you have to be selfish or whatever, but Tim was a leader and never let teammates have to answer for him or the franchise. He was present.

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 09:58 PM
You have to market yourself heavily to get more money from shoe companies. Kawhi doesn’t want to do that. Its more than just play on the court and jersey sales.

Kawhi is seemingly wanting his cake (Supermax, money like other stars) but not wanting any of the responsibility that comes with that (talking to media, promoting yourself excessively outside of the gym).

Talking to the media/promoting themselves isn't what makes them marketable. There's a reason why Kawhi, who barely talks, is one of the top jersey sellers. Most people don't care about the other shit, in fact it can be a negative for a person's image (you need an appealing personality, and in a way Kawhi's quietness is his appeal).

Bottom line is play, ability and accolades on the court. Lebron, Curry and Durant didn't get their endorsements because they did media interviews and promoted themselves, they got them because they are among the best in the league and have the hardware to back it up. No one would give a shit about them if they were average players.

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 10:01 PM
Talking to the media/promoting themselves isn't what makes them marketable. There's a reason why Kawhi, who barely talks, is one of the top jersey sellers. Most people don't care about the other shit, in fact it can be a negative for a person's image (you need an appealing personality, and in a way Kawhi's quietness is his appeal).

Bottom line is play, ability and accolades on the court. Lebron, Curry and Durant didn't get their endorsements because they did media interviews and promoted themselves, they got them because they are among the best in the league and have the hardware to back it up. No one would give a shit about them if they were average players.

You are incorrect in many regards.

Chris
03-04-2018, 10:07 PM
"But discussions broke down abruptly because representatives for Leonard didn't feel that the new deal reflected the forward's accomplishments and standing within the league, sources said."

Let me guess who is one of the representatives...

LaVar Leonard :lol

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 10:09 PM
You are incorrect in many regards.

The numbers back me up and history backs me up, but sure enlighten me on how I am "incorrect in many regards"

cd98
03-04-2018, 10:09 PM
NBA will feature Kawhi if he plays. Him not playing hurts, but to be honest what’s hurt the most is his silence that allows rumors like he may have a career threatening condition or he won’t play with pain, or he’s moody and willing to give up a prime season bc he’s mad at the front office. Why do a big multi year deal with such an unpredictable future?

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 10:13 PM
The numbers back me up and history backs me up, but sure enlighten me on how I am "incorrect in many regards"

No they don’t. If you do any research or follow any people that know the shoe game it’s not just about on court production. Marketability, promotion off court and many other factors play into who gets paid.

There is a reason Curry/KD/Bron are in a world of their own there; it’s a combo of their on court play and off court marketability as well that has nothing to do with just jersey sales.

I’m not saying that on court does not matter and Kawhi is great there. I’m not saying Kawhi isn’t marketable; his jersey sales show that he can be popular. What I’m saying is there is a massive difference in what Kawhi does outside the lines vs the other top 5 players and THAT is why he’s getting offered that from Jordan.

Dverde
03-04-2018, 10:22 PM
He needs to close that Valero deal for Bear Klaws

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 10:32 PM
No they don’t. If you do any research or follow any people that know the shoe game it’s not just about on court production. Marketability, promotion off court and many other factors play into who gets paid.

There is a reason Curry/KD/Bron are in a world of their own there; it’s a combo of their on court play and off court marketability as well that has nothing to do with just jersey sales.

I’m not saying that on court does not matter and Kawhi is great there. I’m not saying Kawhi isn’t marketable; his jersey sales show that he can be popular. What I’m saying is there is a massive difference in what Kawhi does outside the lines vs the other top 5 players and THAT is why he’s getting offered that from Jordan.

Explain Derrick Rose receiving the largest deal from Adidas (at the time).

DPG21920
03-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Explain Derrick Rose receiving the largest deal from Adidas (at the time).

You should really do a little bit of research. Citing on example (Rose) does not discredit that norm.

rasuo214
03-04-2018, 11:45 PM
You should really do a little bit of research. Citing on example (Rose) does not discredit that norm.

What norm? Clearly since you have done extensive research on this subject you would have no problem demonstrating the direct correlation between media interviews/off court marketability and endorsements (we can keep it simple and stick to shoe deals).

cjw
03-05-2018, 12:03 AM
Could look at this as feeling he’s getting slighted vs. guys who simply aren’t his peers. But Nike trying to get a discount for an injured player.

But also shows he’s not giving up money where he thinks he can have more. Can read this as:

- Extremely unlikely to pass up supermax should Spurs offer it

- Thinks he’s going to be more marketable in a few years (move to bigger market?)

Ozballer
03-05-2018, 03:05 AM
Kawhi marketability is an interesting topic. How much of it is him and how much is the franchise he plays for. Superstars are arguably their own brand. Lebron is a good example. CP3 is another good example. Players that got headlines all the time in small like franchises. Otherwise, players that are relatively low profile stay low profile regardless where they go or they even get diluted (Chris Bosh). I'd say Kawhi is a real headache for any franchise..for all the good player he has been to date he has less charisma than a rolling dice.

weeks
03-05-2018, 03:08 AM
would jordan brand be pressuring him to move to a bigger market as well

Nathan89
03-05-2018, 03:12 AM
Kawhi didn't inhale China air for a lousy 5m tbh.

YGWHI
03-05-2018, 09:11 AM
Its more than just play on the court and jersey sales.

But it’s not outrageous to think that someone who wants to paid like the top dogs takes on the responsibilities of the top dog.

Before yesterday I thought you were so wrong about this media-shit. But I changed my mind.

Today, people are telling me that Kobe was better than Tim Duncan, that "his legacy" is superior to Tim's....

WTF? All this just because he was on TV, getting a stupid Oscar for a movie based on the letter he wrote after his retirement??

Suddenly we forget he was accused of rape? He has been publicly accused of rape in the past and gets an award in "Me too" movement times...

We forget he was a controversial leader? I guess "Get the f**k out of my way" isn't the best thing a player can tell his teammates...

This is so frustrating because I don't get in which parallel world people can talk about Kobe's legacy.

Then we have to read that Slam puts Kober over Tim in their rankings...Kobe top 5 and Tim top 10...Really? Yeah...You could say no one reads it...I'm not sure.

Kobe was the hero and the villain too but always did it in front of the cameras.

My own friends are telling me that quiet guys like Kawhi or Tim aren't that good for black culture, that a media clown like Draymond "is a black man who isn't afraid of saying what he thinks..."
A guy who just kicks other players in their nuts is a role model now?

I shouldn't say this but I'm glad that prime-Tim isn't playing on these days. You can read NBA media guys asking in their articles about narratives of MVP candidates in last seasons... "There is no sexy narrative to latch onto him because the man doesn't speak"

Agree with you. Being the best on court doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is this bunch of social media addicts players.

YGWHI
03-05-2018, 09:28 AM
kobe's situation is simpler than that

for a decade the narrative was Kobe > Duncan because LA > SA ... but then for a decade kobe sucked so obviously hard and duncan was still so awesome that it was Duncan >> Kobe ... but now that Kobe is retired and Duncan is retired, the LA-centric media can slowly rework history to Duncan = Kobe and finally Kobe > Duncan because LA still > SA

IDK...I just hate this.

DPG21920
03-05-2018, 09:58 AM
Before yesterday I thought you were so wrong about this media-shit. But I changed my mind.

Today, people are telling me that Kobe was better than Tim Duncan, that "his legacy" is superior to Tim's....

WTF? All this just because he was on TV, getting a stupid Oscar for a movie based on the letter he wrote after his retirement??

Suddenly we forget he was accused of rape? He has been publicly accused of rape in the past and gets an award in "Me too" movement times...

We forget he was a controversial leader? I guess "Get the f**k out of my way" isn't the best thing a player can tell his teammates...

This is so frustrating because I don't get in which parallel world people can talk about Kobe's legacy.

Then we have to read that Slam puts Kober over Tim in their rankings...Kobe top 5 and Tim top 10...Really? Yeah...You could say no one reads it...I'm not sure.

Kobe was the hero and the villain too but always did it in front of the cameras.

My own friends are telling me that quiet guys like Kawhi or Tim aren't that good for black culture, that a media clown like Draymond "is a black man who isn't afraid of saying what he thinks..."

I shouldn't say this but I'm glad that prime-Tim isn't playing on these days. You can read NBA media guys asking in their articles about narratives of MVP candidates in last seasons... "There is no sexy narrative to latch onto him because the man doesn't speak"

Agree with you. Being the best on court doesn't matter anymore. All that matters is this bunch of social media addicts players.

That’s a twist of what I was saying. It’s not all that matters. In fact it matters less now in terms of value and fans discussing a player’s on-court value.

Kobe for example has not aged well and the arguments for him have faded more and more.

I am speaking specifically about shoe deals and things like that.

Tim, for as quiet as he was, was still present to answer quetions about himself and the team if they went through any struggles. Kawhi is less that.

cd98
03-05-2018, 10:09 AM
would jordan brand be pressuring him to move to a bigger market as well

Looking at the numbers, he's richer by taking the supermax from the Spurs and a mediocre shoe deal over getting the normal max and the best shoe deal in LA.

TheGreatYacht
03-05-2018, 10:14 AM
Go to LA, Kawhi and become a star.

daslicer
03-05-2018, 12:38 PM

You are overreacting way too much. :lol Who is saying Kobe is better than Duncan other than Laker fans? Even the idiots on realgm didn't feel Kobe deserved to be ranked ahead of Duncan or be considered a top 10 player. Slam is crap and is not to be taken seriously. They are the National Enquirer for basketball. Duncan has been ranked ahead of Kobe in major publications such as Sports Illustrated, ESPN, etc.

Kobe is getting trashed by media outlets for winning the Oscar due to his rape scandal from many years ago.
https://jezebel.com/kobe-bryants-oscar-win-reminds-us-that-time-is-not-up-f-1823506004
LMCfk7xXsRg

Prime Tim would actually enjoy playing in this era of media. The media was much more harsh and cruel to Superstars with Duncan's type of personality back in the day. The media disrespected his first title by agreeing with Phil Jackson that it was not legit due to the lockout season and deserved an asterisk. They also dissed Tim when he won his 2 MVPs by saying Kidd should have won it in '02 and that KG should have won it in '03. Even after he won the second title the media still wasn't willing to give him respect and said he won it by accident due to the injuries that happened to Webber,Dirk during the playoffs along with Shaq being out of shape. They hated on Duncan in the '05 Finals and was rooting for him to fail. It wasn't until Tim won in '05 the media finally caved in and gave him respect and started saying he was the GOAT PF. I felt the genesis for all the hatred the media threw at Tim was the media wasn't used to seeing a reserved stoic type of superstar win championships. Back then it was believed that guys who won were super emotional and vocal. Tim broke that stereotype and you have had laid back guys like Dirk,Rose, Curry(prior to '15 he was super reserved) win the MVP. Harden is another laid back reserved guy who is going to win the MVP this year despite it being known he's choker and that he didn't show up for game 6 last year. Back in the day the media would never let Harden forget about what happened in game 6 and he would have gotten harsh criticism for going to a strip club after an elimination game. Kawhi has also benefited from the new age media considering they had anointed him as the favorite to win the MVP before the season started and had he been healthy he would have gotten it. Prime Duncan never got that type of respect from the media before a season started. Kawhi also doesn't get hated from the media for not giving interviews while Duncan always gave interviews but was still hated. In a nutshell Kawhi is not suffering from the media today if anything they are way too nice to him. He never talks but unlike Duncan his manhood is never questioned by the media.

:lol At your friends for saying Draymond is a role model. They are probably trolling you and just messing with you or they are retarded. You have to not let that stuff not get to you.

james evans
03-05-2018, 06:32 PM

Which isn't bad at all.
Kawhi signing with adidas would be the end of his career. Especially since he plays defense. Their shoes are shitty

NASpurs
03-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Kawhi :lol

stxspurs
03-05-2018, 07:46 PM

GACHO!
he should go to adidas....if Harden gets some ugly signatures im sure Kawhi can

TheChillFactor
03-05-2018, 08:03 PM
Kinda wish the crips had taken out Kawhi’s uncle instead of his dad tbh

NASpurs
03-05-2018, 08:04 PM
Kinda wish the crips had taken out Kawhi’s uncle instead of his dad tbh

:lol daaaaaaaamn

tholdren
03-05-2018, 10:25 PM

Good for jordan brand

YGWHI
03-06-2018, 07:34 AM
That’s a twist of what I was saying. It’s not all that matters. In fact it matters less now in terms of value and fans discussing a player’s on-court value.
You are overreacting way too much.

Yes. I was having a hard time listening about Kobe early in the morning yesterday and couldn't handle it well... My bad.

:lol At your friends for saying Draymond is a role model. They are probably trolling you and just messing with you or they are retarded. You have to not let that stuff not get to you.
To be fair, they're not the only people that said it, some sport media said the same but you're right I should be mature enough to ignore these things.
I know I sound like a 5 years old kid saying that I can't deal with my hate for the Lakers/Warriors/Kobe, Dray/KD...I have to learn that I can't blame players, my friends. whoever, for my own stupidity, I'll do a better job next time.

YGWHI
03-06-2018, 07:44 AM
Kawhi signing with adidas would be the end of his career. Especially since he plays defense. Their shoes are shitty
Agree. But at this point, Kawhi will get the same contract that this Adidas' icon...

http://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2014%2F0519%2Fmag_bonner01_tp_129 6x729.jpg

:D

daslicer
03-06-2018, 12:48 PM
Yes. I was having a hard time listening about Kobe early in the morning yesterday and couldn't handle it well... My bad.

To be fair, they're not the only people that said it, some sport media said the same but you're right I should be mature enough to ignore these things.
I know I sound like a 5 years old kid saying that I can't deal with my hate for the Lakers/Warriors/Kobe, Dray/KD...I have to learn that I can't blame players, my friends. whoever, for my own stupidity, I'll do a better job next time.

Sports media loves Draymond simply because he talks too much and makes it easy for them to have stories to write and talk about. It's the same reason why they loved Phil Jackson back in the day. I still remember whatever insult Phil would say about a team,city,player would be construed as mind games by the media. Phil got a pass to say stupid things simply because he was winner but look at the last few years and how the media turned on him once he became the GM of the Knicks. Phil made similar insults while being the GM of the Knicks but was branded as an idiot because the Knicks were not winning. The media will turn on Draymond once the Warriors are no longer relevant. He'll get bashed for saying stupid things simply because he won't be a winner anymore. I look for Draymond to have a mental breakdown in the future when he's no longer considered a star by the media.

dabom
03-06-2018, 01:23 PM
Kawhi signature shoe incoming. :lol

From Jordan Brand or some other brand. :lol

BillMc
03-07-2018, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuLN_VMvMrI

SAGirl
03-07-2018, 11:42 PM