PDA

View Full Version : If I was Kawhi, I would play for the Philly. You would too!

alpha_HaZE
03-05-2018, 03:29 AM
First of all, if he stays it would because of Pop and the Front Office, but there is no guarantee that Pop is staying past 2020 plus he appears to be on decline like Manu, Tony, Patty, Pau among others. Our two bright spots are Dejounte and LA. And I love them both, but I would take Ben Simmons and Joel Emdiid over them 100% of the time. Plus they have Dario Saric and Markelle Fulttz, and all around amazing young talents. With Kawhi, who needs to get there before Lebron or Paul George, they will be a title conteder for years to come. Plus Kawhi has a relationship with Brett Brown. And like we said Pop wont be around for ever.

No deny, Philly offers the better chance to compete! But they also offer more money. Not from the supermax extension (about 25 min less, I believe) but from a Nike or an Addidas contact! We are talking over 200mi from advertizing. LA is intriguing but is more of a wild card both from a coaching perspective and talentwise.

To summarize, in Philly, Kawhi gets more money and more titles, what would you choose if you were Kawhi?

nym
03-05-2018, 04:28 AM
I don't know about Philly. They (fans and thus the front office) would expect a lot from Kawhi off the court (like many other big markets) and not sure if that is something Kawhi is going to be willing to do on a regular basis. Like for real the fans and media are insane in Philly. And I could he mistaken, its very possible, but don't Ben Simmons and Kawhi (and LeBron and Paul George) all play the same position and basically have the same role on a squad? Who's gonna take a step back or change their game?

I think Kawhi really needs to think about his next move. If he stays in San Antonio he beeds to play nice with the other players so people will actually want to play with him here in SA. Players now are really forming superteams to play with their friends. If the best players on the teams are not apart of that star fraternity then SA is never going to be able to attract top tier talent.

r0drig0lac
03-05-2018, 05:49 AM
First of all, if he stays it would because of Pop and the Front Office, but there is no guarantee that Pop is staying past 2020 plus he appears to be on decline like Manu, Tony, Patty, Pau among others. Our two bright spots are Dejounte and LA. And I love them both, but I would take Ben Simmons and Joel Emdiid over them 100% of the time. Plus they have Dario Saric and Markelle Fulttz, and all around amazing young talents. With Kawhi, who needs to get there before Lebron or Paul George, they will be a title conteder for years to come. Plus Kawhi has a relationship with Brett Brown. And like we said Pop wont be around for ever.

No deny, Philly offers the better chance to compete! But they also offer more money. Not from the supermax extension (about 25 min less, I believe) but from a Nike or an Addidas contact! We are talking over 200mi from advertizing. LA is intriguing but is more of a wild card both from a coaching perspective and talentwise.

To summarize, in Philly, Kawhi gets more money and more titles, what would you choose if you were Kawhi?

can you or anyone else guarantee that Philly will win a championship in the next 100 years? I really doubt

sasaint
03-05-2018, 09:17 AM
I don't know about Philly. They (fans and thus the front office) would expect a lot from Kawhi off the court (like many other big markets) and not sure if that is something Kawhi is going to be willing to do on a regular basis. Like for real the fans and media are insane in Philly. And I could he mistaken, its very possible, but don't Ben Simmons and Kawhi (and LeBron and Paul George) all play the same position and basically have the same role on a squad? Who's gonna take a step back or change their game?

I think Kawhi really needs to think about his next move. If he stays in San Antonio he beeds to play nice with the other players so people will actually want to play with him here in SA. Players now are really forming superteams to play with their friends. If the best players on the teams are not apart of that star fraternity then SA is never going to be able to attract top tier talent.

So, SA has 2 of the most introverted top players in the NBA... :wow

Perhaps that explains even more about Murray's "potential."

nyspurguy
03-05-2018, 10:18 AM
Of course Philly would be a sexier destination.
We're just hoping he stays on our beloved team.

Can you imagine this team without Kawhi?..oh yeah, we're getting a taste of it now.

I don't wanna be a losing team. It's been Hell the past 2 months or so. We can't beat the Jazz. We can't beat the Lakers or, in my opinion, any Western conference playoff team.

Not sure I could handle the Spurs becoming a basement dwelling irrelevant team.

I'm taking these losses pretty bad.

mo7888
03-05-2018, 10:41 AM

All of those players won't be there. Kawhi doesn't control his own destiny this summer and by the time he does Philly won't have the space to sign him outright without trading several of those guys. If they get him they are, most likely. going to have to trade for him.

sananspursfan21
03-05-2018, 11:33 AM
“The Philly” huh. Ok then.

duncan2k5
03-05-2018, 11:37 AM
Philly is a worse team than we are... He would take leave to a worse team

daslicer
03-05-2018, 11:59 AM

SA will never attract A list level FAs. It's not happening even if Kawhi is super social. When it comes to FA it's always about location first and then how talented the team is. Even Lebron James despite his status was never able to recruit guys to play for the Cavs during his first stint in Cleveland. Lebron actually has never been able to recruit anybody besides Wade to come to Cleveland despite being an iconic figure. Anyways I believe superteams forming through FA is going to be a thing of the past soon due to guys accepting the Supermax.

Horse
03-05-2018, 02:17 PM

If he’s a coward like Durant he would agree.