PDA

View Full Version : Sending out sum thoughts n prayers to all the people giving out thoughts and prayers!

AaronY
03-05-2018, 10:53 PM
Big ups to you guys! Shout out to you and the man upstairs! Hope he takes care of you guy!

AaronY
03-05-2018, 11:11 PM
Gonna bump this after the next shooting so I can give the proper people some respect

Chucho
03-05-2018, 11:15 PM
2 weeks too late, tbh.

1/10.

Xevious
03-06-2018, 12:03 AM
2 weeks too late, tbh.

1/10.
Could be it's two weeks too early.

AaronY
03-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Lol this is gonna be evergreen af and will be bumped regularly

Chucho
03-06-2018, 12:25 AM
Could be it's two weeks too early.

True dat.

So, what should people do? Shout in anger, " DO SOMETHING!!" or find a new phrase to stick in their social medias to show they're a good person or use a new virtue signaling photo filter/frame or say nothing?

AaronY
03-06-2018, 12:46 AM
True dat.

So, what should people do? Shout in anger, " DO SOMETHING!!" or find a new phrase to stick in their social medias to show they're a good person or use a new virtue signaling photo filter/frame or say nothing?
Are you gonna pray for me while I pray for the people who are praying?

Need some support.

Chris
03-06-2018, 12:48 AM
Stay classy AatheistY. God Bless.

Chucho
03-06-2018, 12:58 AM
Are you gonna pray for me while I pray for the people who are praying?

Need some support.

Whiff. 0/10.

It was a legit question. What should people say to make them feel good about themselves? Stupid avatar filters? Scream "DO SOMETHING!!!" (Despite the fact that there's no real answer and nothing will stop the fact that our shitty society has a real issue that's deeper than getting rid of guns, there's an alarming increase of sickos committing these crimes) but what should someone say so they don't get mocked for saying something?

AaronY
03-06-2018, 12:59 AM
Whiff. 0/10.

It was a legit question. What should people say to make them feel good about themselves? Stupid avatar filters? Scream "DO SOMETHING!!!" (Despite the fact that there's no real answer and nothing will stop the fact that our shitty society has a real issue that's deeper than getting rid of guns, there's an alarming increase of sickos committing these crimes) but what should someone say so they don't get mocked for saying something?
You should pray for me. Maybe I could make better posts

Chucho
03-06-2018, 01:02 AM
You should pray for me. Maybe I could make better posts

DO SOMETHING!

AaronY
03-06-2018, 01:06 AM
DO SOMETHING!
I did I made a thread. Then I prayed. What more do you want from me already

Spurminator
03-06-2018, 01:06 AM

The "thoughts and prayers" cynicism is typically directed towards Congress. A good start would be to stop taking money from the NRA and answering gun control questions/concerns with hypothetical arguments that have no basis in history.

Chucho
03-06-2018, 01:07 AM
I did I made a thread. Then I prayed. What more do you want from me already

SOMETHING!

Robz4000
03-06-2018, 01:23 AM
Thanks homie, you da real MVP. Sending some thoughts and prayers your way.

DMC
03-06-2018, 06:36 AM
Tell the families of the dead that their prayers mean nothing, then back off the roid abuse.

pgardn
03-06-2018, 08:08 AM
Tell the families of the dead that their prayers mean nothing, then back off the roid abuse.

Imo, The OP thinks that people praying FOR the families use this tactic to kick the can down the road in public. I guess you realize this. I'm sure some are sincere, others, not so much. You have to admit,it is a really good out, if you want to do nothing...
Or at least buy some time until the next issue masks the past.

pgardn
03-06-2018, 08:12 AM
Imo, it's a valid subject and unfortunately will probably be used later.

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 08:30 AM
Big ups to you guys! Shout out to you and the man upstairs! Hope he takes care of you guy!

In all honesty,OP hasn't so much said what he's doing besides cracking jokes on a forum.

Blake
03-06-2018, 10:09 AM
In all honesty,OP hasn't so much said what he's doing besides cracking jokes on a forum.

Well you ask almost any Christian and they'll tell you the biggest thing anyone can do is pray.

Amirite Chris?

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Well you ask almost any Christian and they'll tell you the biggest thing anyone can do is pray.

Amirite Chris?
Generalize much?

Blake
03-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Generalize much?

If it's not the top thing, it's definitely on the list of most important things to do for every major Christian religion.

Are you being a petty stickler because I said "most important" or do you really not know the value that Christians place on prayer?

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Gonna bump this after the next shooting so I can give the proper people some respect

I heard the NRA is crying about being attacked. I sent them a truckload of thoughts and prayers. Should get there any time. :lol

DMC
03-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Imo, The OP thinks that people praying FOR the families use this tactic to kick the can down the road in public. I guess you realize this. I'm sure some are sincere, others, not so much. You have to admit,it is a really good out, if you want to do nothing...
Or at least buy some time until the next issue masks the past.

Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. Why don't people actually do something like post on a forum or blog or rt a meme or something helpful?

pgardn
03-07-2018, 11:32 PM
Yeah I don't know what I was thinking. Why don't people actually do something like post on a forum or blog or rt a meme or something helpful?

Yeah.

Or try honesty.

sickdsm
03-07-2018, 11:55 PM
If it's not the top thing, it's definitely on the list of most important things to do for every major Christian religion.

Are you being a petty stickler because I said "most important" or do you really not know the value that Christians place on prayer?

Didn't pray much as a kid in either Sunday school or church functions. Basically any place out of sunday morning church.

What's your basis on the value?

monosylab1k
03-08-2018, 12:21 AM
Didn't pray much as a kid in either Sunday school or church functions. Basically any place out of sunday morning church.

https://i.imgur.com/MhKnEr3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Blake
03-08-2018, 12:56 AM

What's your basis on the value?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Importance+of+prayer

sickdsm
03-08-2018, 08:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/MhKnEr3_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

Meanwhile Cuck gets a free pass for not providing data. OP didn't provide data. This whole thread is based on personal experience. Again. Take a look at who's posting Thoughts and prayers for......... Or changing the profile pic to a temp photo.

Blake
03-08-2018, 09:07 AM
Meanwhile Cuck gets a free pass for not providing data. OP didn't provide data. This whole thread is based on personal experience. Again. Take a look at who's posting Thoughts and prayers for......... Or changing the profile pic to a temp photo.

Lol providing data on pretty common knowledge.

sickdsm
03-08-2018, 11:01 AM
Lol providing data on pretty common knowledge.
https://www.google.com/search?q=who+sends+thoughts+and+prayers+on+Faceboo k&oq=who+sends+thoughts+and+prayers+on+Facebook&aqs=chrome..69i57.8383j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Lots of hits with relevant data there. Can you provide a breakdown on women vs men also?

Blake
03-08-2018, 11:38 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=who+sends+thoughts+and+prayers+on+Faceboo k&oq=who+sends+thoughts+and+prayers+on+Facebook&aqs=chrome..69i57.8383j0j4&client=ms-android-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Lots of hits with relevant data there. Can you provide a breakdown on women vs men also?

I could but it's irrelevant so I'll pass.

But hey, well done at figuring Google out