PDA

View Full Version : West Virginia teacher strike

AaronY
03-06-2018, 12:23 AM
Thoughts on dis one?

Curious how this one is liberalism's fault which Im sure it is so need the Chris and ducks take on it

Also something gun joke teacher and schools need armed guards which we have money for but not to pay the teachers something something

Spurtacular
03-06-2018, 12:26 AM
Why aren't the parents feeding their kids? You ever think of maybe not shitting out a kid if you're not gonna pay for him/her?

:lol "nother level"

ElNono
03-06-2018, 12:33 AM
Cut access to abortion, to foodstamps, and let the kids and the parents die on the streets... that'll teach them social responsibility...

Chucho
03-06-2018, 12:38 AM
Teachers have been grossly underpaid for decades. I always found it crazy that it was never a hot button issue very often.

Chris
03-06-2018, 12:45 AM
Single parents. Class warfare. Low income slaves. Just the type of person the Democrats want in the voting booth so they can always provide the golden apple. If your child is dependent on school lunches for their overall well being, then I would point my finger at the parent and their priorities. Pack a lunch, or learn some diplomacy in the cafeteria. You get what you give.

AaronY
03-06-2018, 12:47 AM
Knew it was the dems fault

Chucho
03-06-2018, 01:00 AM
So...the teachers went on strike...the cafeteria ladies did too? Mexicans don't strike.

Isitjustme?
03-06-2018, 01:09 AM
Single parents. Class warfare. Low income slaves. Just the type of person the Democrats want in the voting booth so they can always provide the golden apple. If your child is dependent on school lunches for their overall well being, then I would point my finger at the parent and their priorities. Pack a lunch, or learn some diplomacy in the cafeteria. You get what you give.
After waving our fingers at the parents should we feed the kids or nah?

Chris
03-06-2018, 01:16 AM
After waving our fingers at the parents should we feed the kids or nah?

"severely underpaid teachers trying to keep poverty-stricken kids alive" is ridiculous hyperbole. This isn't Venezuela :lol Looks like some Good Samaritans (probably Christians) stepped up to bat. Good for them.

AaronY
03-06-2018, 02:14 AM
"severely underpaid teachers trying to keep poverty-stricken kids alive" is ridiculous hyperbole. This isn't Venezuela :lol Looks like some Good Samaritans (probably Christians) stepped up to bat. Good for them.
Whose fault is it the Republican legislature in WV doesn't want to pay its teachers? Dems, right?

Chris
03-06-2018, 02:21 AM
Whose fault is it

Drumpf

AaronY
03-06-2018, 02:27 AM
Drumpf
lol scared to answer the question

No teacher in the entire state is working and the democrats have control of absolutely zilch. Red State problems :rolleyes

Chris
03-06-2018, 02:29 AM

No teacher in the entire state is working and the democrats have control of absolutely zilch. Red State problems :rolleyes

Your wild assertions didn't warrant a serious response.

AaronY
03-06-2018, 02:31 AM
Maybe Chris grew up in an incompetent red state and the teachers were striking from when he reached the age of 12 till he was 18 and thats what happened to him. Its a theory at least

AaronY
03-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Either that or you run like a bitch when you can't blame something on your stock boogeyman of liberals and atheists

AaronY
03-06-2018, 02:37 AM
Ooops found the problem https://www.spokeo.com/George-Soros/West-Virginia

clambake
03-06-2018, 09:53 AM
i'm shocked that there are teachers in west virginia.

Blake
03-06-2018, 09:58 AM
i'm shocked that there are teachers in west virginia.

Who else is gonna learn them to make a coon skin cap

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Stay classy. The American redneck is THE ONLY demographic it's still PC to make fun out of.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/03/06/us/west-virginia-teachers-strike/index.html

Strike settled. Too bad they pussied out and gave an across the scale raise to all state employees.

Fed govt should pare down the military and push those funds to teachers instead. Maybe we'd avoid unnecessary conflict then

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 11:35 AM
Thoughts on dis one?

Curious how this one is liberalism's fault which Im sure it is so need the Chris and ducks take on it

Also something gun joke teacher and schools need armed guards which we have money for but not to pay the teachers something something

WV has some of the lowest paid teachers in the country. They have been denied raises for years, meaning their incomes have shrunk.

Shocker, the state, like shithole Oklahoma, finds it can't attract and keep teachers. Underinvestment in education harms the economy.

Teachers are going to win this one, and the Republican senators that just voted to fuck them over after the governor agreed to their terms are going to face a tough challenge, even in a deep red state.

The race is seeing the rise of an interesting candidate for Democrats, who has the potential to be the kind of fiery, pro-union Democrat that can take votes away from union-bashing Republicans.

He’s JFK With Tattoos and a Bench Press’
Paratrooper Richard Ojeda is redefining what it means to be a Democrat in a deeply red state.

By MICHAEL KRUSE March 02, 2018
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/03/02/richard-ojeda-west-virginia-blue-army-one-217217

Dude was hospitalized at a campaign event, beaten with brass knuckles and almost ran over. Anti-corruption, anti-lobbying, and a fiery orator.

https://media4.s-nbcnews.com/j/newscms/2016_18/1529411/richard_ojeda_9c8f194ec64d3b04dc6ae0396254cb3b.nbc news-ux-2880-1000.jpg

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM

:lmao

That has got to be one of the most un-self-aware posts I have ever seen here. :rollin

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 11:43 AM

Republican solution was to gut other parts of state spending like Medicaid, etc.

More failed GOP policies.

"never ever raise taxes, no matter what" is some bad public policy. It hamstrings your solution set from the get go, and is something based on delusional, magical thinking of the types that religious people are prone to.

The Gemini Method
03-06-2018, 11:57 AM
i'm shocked that there are teachers in west virginia. I was surmising the same thing. Coon Skin Cap 101.

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 01:03 PM
Republican solution was to gut other parts of state spending like Medicaid, etc.

More failed GOP policies.

"never ever raise taxes, no matter what" is some bad public policy. It hamstrings your solution set from the get go, and is something based on delusional, magical thinking of the types that religious people are prone to.

That's not a fair assessment unless your familiar with WV taxes. I'm not. But I do know some other states in a similar boat are getting most of their tax revenue from isolated demographics. That's really not fair to raise taxes unless it encompasses all or most.

Spurminator
03-06-2018, 01:41 PM
Stay classy. The American redneck is THE ONLY demographic it's still PC to make fun out of.

Redneck is not a demographic.

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 01:57 PM
That's really not fair to raise taxes unless it encompasses all or most.

So we should increase taxes on single mothers who spend 99-100% of their income on necessities like rent/food? That's "fair"?

My assessment of WV taxes is from a report saying what got cut to be able to provide the raise.

There will be no tax increase to offset the raise, and Blair said the government will see a $20 million reduction in spending to come out of cuts to general services and Medicaid.
"With this agreement today to reduce spending in state government, in order to give every single dollar available to our public employees, we've achieved the goal of being fiscally responsible while also getting a pay raise that will help our teachers get back in the classroom and our students back to school," said Senate Majority leader Ryan Ferns, a Republican.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/west-virginia-teachers-strike/index.html

Delusional, magical thinking that hurts human beings, and says, loudly and clearly that money is more important than people. Am I missing something? This is what the GOP electorate wants. Punish poor people, and fuck over unions whenever possible. They extracted one of those goals, and gave up on the other.

How magnanimous of them.

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 02:28 PM
So we should increase taxes on single mothers who spend 99-100% of their income on necessities like rent/food? That's "fair"?

My assessment of WV taxes is from a report saying what got cut to be able to provide the raise.

There will be no tax increase to offset the raise, and Blair said the government will see a $20 million reduction in spending to come out of cuts to general services and Medicaid.
"With this agreement today to reduce spending in state government, in order to give every single dollar available to our public employees, we've achieved the goal of being fiscally responsible while also getting a pay raise that will help our teachers get back in the classroom and our students back to school," said Senate Majority leader Ryan Ferns, a Republican.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/06/us/west-virginia-teachers-strike/index.html

Delusional, magical thinking that hurts human beings, and says, loudly and clearly that money is more important than people. Am I missing something? This is what the GOP electorate wants. Punish poor people, and fuck over unions whenever possible. They extracted one of those goals, and gave up on the other.

How magnanimous of them.

Your assessment seems diluted. That does not tell me where the tax revenue comes from. Did I not just mention that?

WV may very well be completely different than here. But the poor single mom here is most likely eligible to qualify for number of benefits, most likely of them being food.

So your in favor of raising taxes without knowing what taxes and who currently is overburdened in that state? Guess I'd like more info but then again I'm not a smart liberal that knows everything already........

Chucho
03-06-2018, 02:31 PM
It's almost lunch time here at the office and just reading this thread made me think about the Mexican ladies that worked the Alamo Heights cafeterias and the wonderful enchiladas they made every Wednesday and made me hungry for them...

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 02:33 PM
Redneck is not a demographic.
Literally means rural white person. Typically suggesting low income and of lower intelligence. How the heck is that not a demographic?

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Thought my auto-correct was humorous.

But the poor single mom here is most likely eligible to qualify for number of beers, most likely of them being food.

boutons_deux
03-06-2018, 02:48 PM
How striking West Virginia teachers’ salaries compare with teacher pay in other states

“As a West Virginia teacher — and I’ve been teaching 10 years — I only clear right under $1,300 every two weeks, and they’re wanting to take $300 more away from me” for health care,

“But they tell me it’s okay, because we’re going to give you a 1 percent pay raise. That equals out to 88 cents every two days.”

West Virginia high school teachers made an average of $45,240 a year in 2016, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (https://data.bls.gov/oes/).

That is the 47th-lowest salary in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, better only than Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma and South Dakota.

Elementary and middle school teachers do slightly better — they’re only 46th lowest.

“I was born in Maryland. And if I lived in my little, dinky town of Cumberland, Md., I would be making $20,000 more,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2018/03/02/how-striking-west-virginia-teachers-salaries-compare-to-teachers-in-other-states/?utm_term=.5864a1176cb7

I don't doubt teachers have a case (ALL teachers have a case), but as the article shows, comparing inter-state salaries must account for PPP/CoL

Spurminator
03-06-2018, 02:51 PM
Literally means rural white person. Typically suggesting low income and of lower intelligence. How the heck is that not a demographic?

Rural white person is a demographic. "Redneck" as a literal term applies to one's blue collar outdoor occupation. As a pejorative term, it typically targets one's cultural or socio-political views (i.e. you might be a redneck even if you live in the city.)

But I agree we shouldn't stick up our noses at rural people just because they're rural.

Spurminator
03-06-2018, 02:51 PM
you might be a redneck even if you live in the city

Worst Jeff Foxworthy joke ever.

Chris
03-06-2018, 03:26 PM
^dummy

boutons_deux
03-06-2018, 03:28 PM
Seth Meyers

https://www.facebook.com/LateNightSeth/videos/1037728716377807/

Blake
03-06-2018, 03:31 PM
^dummy

Says dude that thinks education 4 liberals guy is a hoot

RandomGuy
03-06-2018, 03:58 PM
Your assessment seems diluted. That does not tell me where the tax revenue comes from. Did I not just mention that?

WV may very well be completely different than here. But the poor single mom here is most likely eligible to qualify for number of benefits, most likely of them being food.

So your in favor of raising taxes without knowing what taxes and who currently is overburdened in that state? Guess I'd like more info but then again I'm not a smart liberal that knows everything already........

Yes, I am in favor of raising taxes to pay for social services, and investing in teachers. I would assume that the people doing so probably have an idea as to how funding for state government is done. The word "overburdened" seems like a uselessly vague term when considering public policy.

Cost to benefit.

Ignorance and poverty are expensive. Spare a dollar now on education, but end up spending $50 on prisons or other costs seems like a no-brainer.

Further, spending more money on education makes the economy larger, by definition.

Taxes do not disappear into a vacuum, they get funneled into salaries, and public goods.

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 10:00 PM
Yes, I am in favor of raising taxes to pay for social services, and investing in teachers. I would assume that the people doing so probably have an idea as to how funding for state government is done. The word "overburdened" seems like a uselessly vague term when considering public policy.

Cost to benefit.

Ignorance and poverty are expensive. Spare a dollar now on education, but end up spending $50 on prisons or other costs seems like a no-brainer.

Further, spending more money on education makes the economy larger, by definition.

Taxes do not disappear into a vacuum, they get funneled into salaries, and public goods.

No one seems to arguing against a teacher raise. Not sure why your spending most of this post trying to persuade your position when I certainly agree. I think its silly how suddenly though that you believe the state govt knows what they're doing instead of having a discussion on who's taxes you want to jack up.

You WERE the one that just posted this, correct?

WV has some of the lowest paid teachers in the country. They have been denied raises for years, meaning their incomes have shrunk.

Shocker, the state, like shithole Oklahoma, finds it can't attract and keep teachers. Underinvestment in education harms the economy.

Teachers are going to win this one, and the Republican senators that just voted to fuck them over after the governor agreed to their terms are going to face a tough challenge, even in a deep red state.

Now though suddenly the powers that be know what their doing and how to effectively fund a govt?

Take SD for example. Yes, teachers are underpaid. The main tax burden is farmers/ranchers. SD relies on a property and sales tax. Take a $150k couple in Sioux Falls vs a $150k ag couple. The difference in tax paid is enormous. You can't just say, Raise property taxes because as it is now, the minority pays the huge majority of taxes. Nebraska is running into serious problems because of the same situation. Its a double edged sword their now because investors and farmers (near the borders right now) are starting to abandon NE farmland and its driving the prices down. Taxes need to be spread out so more people can be affected. Lets imagine a state where the only source on revenue is alcohol and tobacco tax. If you don't smoke or drink and the state wants to quadruple all state wages? Fuck it, might as well, no sweat off my sack. Sounds like maybe you don't pay enough taxes if your so quick to raise them without looking at where they are coming from and what they are spent on.

sickdsm
03-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Rural white person is a demographic. "Redneck" as a literal term applies to one's blue collar outdoor occupation. As a pejorative term, it typically targets one's cultural or socio-political views (i.e. you might be a redneck even if you live in the city.)

But I agree we shouldn't stick up our noses at rural people just because they're rural.

nounNORTH AMERICANinformalderogatory
a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.

Absolutely does not refer to out door occupation. Originally it did, Farmers worked outside, got a sunburn, hence red neck. Now? Absolutely not. Take a look at this thread. The entire state of WV obviously doesn't work outside yet there's multiple references.

Non college educated white rural voters is ABSOLUTELY and demographic that's discussed every election.

rmt
03-06-2018, 10:28 PM
No one seems to arguing against a teacher raise. Not sure why your spending most of this post trying to persuade your position when I certainly agree. I think its silly how suddenly though that you believe the state govt knows what they're doing instead of having a discussion on who's taxes you want to jack up.

Now though suddenly the powers that be know what their doing and how to effectively fund a govt?

Take SD for example. Yes, teachers are underpaid. The main tax burden is farmers/ranchers. SD relies on a property and sales tax. Take a $150k couple in Sioux Falls vs a $150k ag couple. The difference in tax paid is enormous. You can't just say, Raise property taxes because as it is now, the minority pays the huge majority of taxes. Nebraska is running into serious problems because of the same situation. Its a double edged sword their now because investors and farmers (near the borders right now) are starting to abandon NE farmland and its driving the prices down. Taxes need to be spread out so more people can be affected. Lets imagine a state where the only source on revenue is alcohol and tobacco tax. If you don't smoke or drink and the state wants to quadruple all state wages? Fuck it, might as well, no sweat off my sack. Sounds like maybe you don't pay enough taxes if your so quick to raise them without looking at where they are coming from and what they are spent on.

On Nov. ballot, FL legislature: 2/3 votes for future tax hikes - 60% of voters are needed to approve measure. This should pass easily. C'mon down you guys (just don't bring any liberal policies with you :-)

baseline bum
03-06-2018, 10:55 PM
On Nov. ballot, FL legislature: 2/3 votes for future tax hikes - 60% of voters are needed to approve measure. This should pass easily. C'mon down you guys (just don't bring any liberal policies with you :-)

Why not 2/3 votes for tax cuts too then?

baseline bum
03-06-2018, 10:57 PM
You could have a 2/3 + 60 vote for every time the state wants to give some company a sweetheart tax cut deal.

RandomGuy
03-07-2018, 03:51 PM
You could have a 2/3 + 60 vote for every time the state wants to give some company a sweetheart tax cut deal.

+1000

Quit subsidizing the hyper wealthy with my tax money.

RandomGuy
03-07-2018, 04:04 PM

Hmmm. I do see your point. We are likely talking past each other a bit here.

You are right. Taxes should be passed that make sense. I am not going to try to be an expert on 50 state's tax schema though. The policy makers will have to figure it out, since they and their staff are ultimately the most knowledgeable.

No one generally wants to pay more taxes. That is the point of having taxes to begin with. Make it voluntary and you get :jack

Again, I agree with you here. Taxes need to be raised, and not in a stupid way.

rmt
03-07-2018, 04:38 PM
+1000

Quit subsidizing the hyper wealthy with my tax money.

This FL money - nothing to do with you guys.

boutons_deux
03-07-2018, 04:47 PM
Neoliberalism, the oligarchy has LIED, like Ayn Rand, with an ideology that there is no common good, so taxes are bad, and that govt is bad, govt cannot, MUST not attempt anything for the common good.

Self-interested greed is the highest value, altruism leads to failure

intellectual runts like Ayn-Rand-adoring Paul Ryan say NEVER RAISE TAXES (on the oligarchy)

Winehole23
04-20-2018, 03:59 PM
Teachers in Arizona voted Thursday night to launch the state's first statewide teachers' strike next week, following successful similar efforts in other states such as West Virginia.
Seventy-eight percent of school employees voted in favor of the walkout, which will begin next Thursday after three "walk-ins" before classes begin on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.
http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/384088-arizona-teachers-to-walk-out-in-first-ever-statewide-strike

Winehole23
04-29-2018, 09:24 AM
Tax abatements blew such a big hole in AZ state revenues that AZ now spends less on public education than it did before the 2008 recession, while teachers make 16% less:

https://gritpost.com/arizona-teacher-pay-tax-breaks/

boutons_deux
04-29-2018, 11:55 PM
Wages aren't the only reason teachers are striking

Schools in 39 of 50 states have seen decreases in funding for instructional materials for their students, according to data from the Urban Institute (https://www.urban.org/urban-wire/striking-teachers-want-better-supplies-data-say-those-requests-are-justified). These conditions have sparked a wave of teacher activism across the country.

Why it matters: Educators have had to (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/16/reader-center/us-public-schools-conditions.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=second-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news) pay for supplies themselves to provide new materials for students at times. Teachers' salaries aren't enough to pay for materials, either. In some cases they have to pay for materials for dozens of children.

The big picture: Teachers are having to teach students with materials that are defective, outdated and inefficient because of

a lack of funding going to state education budgets — particularly in Republican states. (https://www.axios.com/the-red-state-teacher-rebellions-are-spreading--72e04e2a-09cb-4c12-9318-0908e8e71ac4.html)

"We've got to call it what it is ... teachers are begging to be heard and they're begging to have what they need to do their jobs well,"

— Teresa Danks, Oklahoma teacher and the head of Begging for Education

Behind the numbers: Costs for instruction materials per student have only risen six percent, from about $281 to $265, since the year 2000.

https://www.axios.com/new-data-shows-teachers-are-justified-in-walking-out-of-classrooms-1524670454-9a406a99-278f-43a9-94ce-c1b519623d89.html

Winehole23
10-08-2018, 01:09 AM
on strike in Washington, will LA be next?

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/10/washington-state-teachers-strike-raises-union

boutons_deux
10-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Oligarchy/Repugs screwing the non-oligarchy and the environment is deaths by 1000s cuts, some big some small.

The olgarchy's objective is to kill The Common Good (paid by the community to govt) and privatize everything, where the community pays MORE to the oligarchy for less product, while the oligarchy pockets $100Bs in profits.

iow, the oligarchy looked at the $Ts spent K-12 and community colleges, and snarled "Gimme That, It's Mine!"

American-style unregulated, predatory, avaricious Capitalism, What's Not To Hate?

Winehole23
01-26-2019, 02:35 PM
on strike in Washington, will LA be next?

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2018/10/washington-state-teachers-strike-raises-unionThe mere threat of flight attendants and air traffic controllers striking cowed Trump to end the shutdown with zero appropriations for the wall.

LA teachers just won concessions, Denver and Oakland are next.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/26/688847473/as-la-teachers-reach-a-deal-denver-authorizes-a-strike-and-oakland-schedules-a-v

FrostKing
01-26-2019, 02:48 PM
The mere threat of flight attendants and air traffic controllers striking cowed Trump to end the shutdown with zero appropriations for the wall.

LA teachers just won concessions, Denver and Oakland are next.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/26/688847473/as-la-teachers-reach-a-deal-denver-authorizes-a-strike-and-oakland-schedules-a-v
Endless cycle

These teachers preach in support of migrants - populations rise/classroom sizes grow - complain

LA is over populated. More schools (which in turn usually means less qualified teachers) isn't the solution

Will Hunting
01-26-2019, 02:49 PM
Endless cycle

These teachers preach in support of migrants - populations rise/classroom sizes grow - complain

LA is over populated. More schools (which in turn usually means less qualified teachers) isn't the solution
Even by your standards this is retarded.

Can you point to anything that backs up the claim teachers preach in support of migrants?

Winehole23
01-27-2019, 02:04 AM
Nope.

Frost King can't back up his glib bs.

Winehole23
01-27-2019, 02:05 AM
Pure PFA

Nother Level
01-27-2019, 02:07 AM
Thoughts on dis one?

I'm just glad we could solve our federal workers at food banks crisis in nothing else. Phew!

Winehole23
01-27-2019, 02:11 AM
^^^broken English! Phew!

Nother Level
01-27-2019, 02:28 AM
^^^broken English! Phew!

Good thing you're looking out. Phew!

Winehole23
01-27-2019, 02:32 AM
you're still not making sense!

boutons_deux
02-12-2019, 04:48 PM
How West Virginia’s Education Bill Will Punish Children

Lawmakers are lashing out at teachers after their strikes. The children will lose the most.

West Virginia lawmakers approved an education bill (https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/education/by-slimmest-margin-wv-senate-sends-education-bill-to-house/article_a73b6a55-de2b-5219-8ac0-7c54f708e8fe.html) that, if signed into law, would

weaken the future negotiating ability of educators,

drastically changing the public school system in one of the nation’s most disadvantaged states.

If signed in the form passed by the Senate, the bill will

weaken existing public schools and teachers’ bargaining abilities,

undermining the protections that enabled them to secure the small pay raise in the first place.

These proposals include

requiring unionized employees to annually re-agree to have dues deducted from their pay and

allowing money to be withheld from teacher paychecks if a future strike results in missed school days.

County school boards will be allowed to disregard how long a person has been teaching when choosing which workers to lay off.

That means teachers who are more openly critical as well as union-oriented ones will become easy targets for punishment,

while their quieter colleagues will be discouraged from speaking out.

the bill allows for the establishment of the state’s first charter schools.

charter schools would face little regulation, and

could be authorized by for-profit and political organizations.

Teachers at these schools could be hired without certification

or even a high school diploma,

making it clear that this has little to do with student achievement.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/11/opinion/how-west-virginias-education-bill-will-punish-children.html

Winehole23
02-18-2019, 08:28 PM
WV teachers on strike tomorrow.

boutons_deux
02-18-2019, 09:37 PM
WV teachers on strike tomorrow.

can't give up or the Repugs will keep screwing them

the punitive bill they concocted as revenge for the earlier strike proves once again that Repugs are ALL shitbags.

Winehole23
02-19-2019, 01:14 PM
can't give up or the Repugs will keep screwing them

the punitive bill they concocted as revenge for the earlier strike proves once again that Repugs are ALL shitbags.The pro-privatization bill has been withdrawn.

That strike worked with lightning speed -- WV state lege gave up in one day.

Winehole23
03-03-2019, 12:57 AM
Oakland teachers strike, get a pay raise.