PDA

View Full Version : Dejounte Murray

lebomb
03-06-2018, 10:35 AM
I still dont know about him. Sometimes he doesnt impress me at all. Sometimes he does some good things. He seems to be one dimensional in scoring, floaters/layups. I really havent seen him shoot jump shots all that much. I also see him turn it over a lot. I dont know..........Im not sold on him yet. What are yalls thoughts? :claw

rjv
03-06-2018, 10:39 AM
i think maybe he gets a little too sure of himself at times and has to get humbled from time to time for him to get back on track. his last three games have seen him revert back to his earlier season version of himself which is unfortunate because he had really been coming along. hopefully, it's just a bump in the road and he gets back on track for the remainder of the season.

spurs50_
03-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Same here, he needs to develop an outside shot or we're in trouble.

duncan2k5
03-06-2018, 11:01 AM
I still dont know about him. Sometimes he doesnt impress me at all. Sometimes he does some good things. He seems to be one dimensional in scoring, floaters/layups. I really havent seen him shoot jump shots all that much. I also see him turn it over a lot. I dont know..........Im not sold on him yet. What are yalls thoughts? :claw

U see him turn it over a lot when? Look at his turnovers since starting recently... Very low... Fake news

duncan2k5
03-06-2018, 11:04 AM
What 21 year old plays consistently? Nevertheless one drafted at the end of the first round? Expectations are way too high... The guy is good... We have vets that play worse than him that don't get the hate he does when they play poorly... He didn't even have a bad game the last game... He took 5 shots... He is out best defensive pg by a mile, and he makes things happen... When he gets consistent, he will be a problem... His issue right now is he is too passive on offense... He needs to run the break more... But on the other hand, he is running it with old, unathletic ppl... So there is only so much he can do with this roster...

hater
03-06-2018, 11:15 AM
His ceiling is Delonte West with a worse bbqll IQ

Trade ASAP

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2018, 11:36 AM
He's the future..... not the now. Parker is still the best guard on the team (like he's always been throughout his career) and the sample size of when they both start is big enough now to know starting TP is obviously what needs to be done.

Record when Murray starts: 14-16
Record when Parker starts: 15-6

SAGirl
03-06-2018, 11:40 AM
He needs to play the Cavs every night... :lol
Actually he needs to be more aggressive trying to get to the rim. He gives up too easily if his defender catches up to him or if there is a switch. He has seemed somewhat comfortable taking a pull up jumper but it's from select spots and he can't always get to them to get a clean look, it depends on how the defense plays him, etc.

SAGirl
03-06-2018, 11:41 AM
i think maybe he gets a little too sure of himself at times and has to get humbled from time to time for him to get back on track. his last three games have seen him revert back to his earlier season version of himself which is unfortunate because he had really been coming along. hopefully, it's just a bump in the road and he gets back on track for the remainder of the season.
I like your opinion... we shall see what happens.

duncan2k5
03-06-2018, 11:57 AM
He's the future..... not the now. Parker is still the best guard on the team (like he's always been throughout his career) and the sample size of when they both start is big enough now to know starting TP is obviously what needs to be done.

Bad example... They were starting under different circumstances... Also Tony is just as inconsistent as Murray... It's just the he isn't called out for it... Murray is the best choice... Tony will always be the best choice until the reigns get handed over because the young pg won't be able to develop enough... Murray right now is better for the team... Tony had games last playoffs where he was absolutely horrible... On top of that, played consistently trash defense... No more! We KNOW we won't win this year... Why play Parker? Develop Murray

acoelho1
03-06-2018, 11:59 AM
He has star potential with great speed and length. He continues to improve his decision making and jump shot. Give him some time and his work ethic and toughness will make him a force.

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Bad example... They were starting under different circumstances... Also Tony is just as inconsistent as Murray... It's just the he isn't called out for it... Murray is the best choice... Tony will always be the best choice until the reigns get handed over because the young pg won't be able to develop enough... Murray right now is better for the team... Tony had games last playoffs where he was absolutely horrible... On top of that, played consistently trash defense... No more! We KNOW we won't win this year... Why play Parker? Develop Murray
This is why abortion should be legal countrywide.

tmtcsc
03-06-2018, 12:16 PM
Murray is not ready to be a starting pg. He was thrust in to the lineup because of Parker's diminished skill & play. Kudos to TP for trying to come back after a potential career-ending injury but he just doesn't have it anymore. He doesn't defend well and has trouble getting lift when going to the basket. This was the case BEFORE the injury and its only gotten worse.

Murray is an exceptional rebounder for a guard and has long limbs that can be disruptive on defense but he's lacking in many different areas. He has NO perimeter game to speak of. Shooting push shots or floaters from 15 + feet out isn't going to cut it in the NBA.

This season has been total trash and garbage. We are seeing the end of Parker and Manu's career and they are going out in the worst way possible. I can't imagine this team making the playoffs at this point. People have mentioned that they would like to see the Spurs in full-tank mode. What does that even mean? They just barely beat a terrible Memphis team at home by 2 points. There's no need to "TRY" to tank. They suck right now and are flat out bad. They are losing and don't need to try to lose. It's happening right before our eyes.

Green is what he is - an above average defender with an inconsistent offensive game. Mills has been awful this year. He got paid which brought on complacency and fatness. Sucks that he did that. Great guy but that doesn't guarantee buckets.

$pursDynasty
03-06-2018, 12:33 PM
what are you talking about? Until he was injured Parker was without a doubt the 2nd best Spur in the post season. I finally understood why Pop had hidden him at the end of the regular season. Then again never let reality get in the way of a good (?) narrative...so continue.

Mikeanaro
03-06-2018, 01:33 PM
Overrated here, doesnt have good handles, not too much shot selection, always the layup/floater, no 3 pointers, no playmaking.
¨We did our best, lost the game but had a lot of fun¨ mentality, trade him.

hater
03-06-2018, 01:43 PM

He used to be an ok poster long ago

Maybe hes suffering from alzheimers

phxspurfan
03-06-2018, 04:21 PM
Murray needs more G-League seasoning. He needs to develop an ability to run an offense, and that comes with experience against NBA level comp, which he will get a little bit of in the G-League. Think of how CoJo looked his first year here, that to me is Murray. Agree with earlier posts that he was thrust into a starting role before he was ready. But that doesn't mean he's broken. He has the NBA height and length, now needs some player development. Just like other great players have received (like Kawhi when he came into the league with no jumper to speak of).

Btw he's only 21, so he can theoretically take 1-2 more years before we see what he can truly bring. Remember guys we are comparing him to are at least a couple years older (Derrick White etc.), except for Ball who is taller and had more high level competition in college.

tenbeersbold
03-06-2018, 04:52 PM
At this point better let TP9 gets his legs under him cause unless Spurs are in tank mode Murray isn't ready and won't be by the playoffs.
I'd put Gay and Green in the starting lineup as well.

Let Fatoriginal and Kylie come off the bench like they deserve,hell they're lucky to even be on the team

superbigtime
03-06-2018, 05:25 PM
he is just not that good. period.

TheGreatYacht
03-06-2018, 06:22 PM
At this point better let TP9 gets his legs under him cause unless Spurs are in tank mode Murray isn't ready and won't be by the playoffs.
I'd put Gay and Green in the starting lineup as well.

Let Fatoriginal and Kylie come off the bench like they deserve,hell they're lucky to even be on the team
Finally someone with some sense. You should post more bro.

tholdren
03-06-2018, 06:32 PM
he is just not that good. period.

And hes dumb

Spurtacular
03-06-2018, 10:13 PM

Definitely needed the 433rd thread on this. Such rich insights. Will bookmark and suggest to friends and family.

Keepin' it real
03-07-2018, 12:24 AM

Bad example...

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/1240265992468.jpg

Stabula
03-07-2018, 01:49 AM
Murray is still young and has all the physical tools. Jury is still out, he looks good for certain stretches. We'll see.

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 06:21 AM

Did u watch the playoffs? Did u see the series VS the grizzlies? Do u remember the game when Tony scored zero stats? U don't? Well STFU and let grown ppl speak

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 06:23 AM
what are you talking about? Until he was injured Parker was without a doubt the 2nd best Spur in the post season. I finally understood why Pop had hidden him at the end of the regular season. Then again never let reality get in the way of a good (?) narrative...so continue.

Second best doesn't mean he didn't have horrible games... He had a game with zero stats... He played very badly a couple times... But let's not let facts get in the way of the narrative

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 06:35 AM
Overrated here, doesnt have good handles, not too much shot selection, always the layup/floater, no 3 pointers, no playmaking.

He literally said the opposite... Lol

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 06:39 AM

How does he not have good handles? U make it sound like he is Danny Green... Just because one person said it doesn't mean it's true... U can't look at high turnover rate as a young player as proof of not having good handle... All young point guards have a high turnover rate... Even the elites like lebron when he came in the league... The guy can dribble, but his decision making isn't great yet... U guys were silent when Tony was sucking and Murray was playing great, but as soon as he has a subpar game u come out the woodwork... Go that way>>>>>

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 06:41 AM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/4/1240265992468.jpg

U quoted two words... U Intentionally left out the rest...great work!

tholdren
03-07-2018, 10:49 AM
Dunkan2k5 with the epic meltdown. Sa girl alt.

cd98
03-07-2018, 11:08 AM
How does he not have good handles? U make it sound like he is Danny Green... Just because one person said it doesn't mean it's true... U can't look at high turnover rate as a young player as proof of not having good handle... All young point guards have a high turnover rate... Even the elites like lebron when he came in the league... The guy can dribble, but his decision making isn't great yet... U guys were silent when Tony was sucking and Murray was playing great, but as soon as he has a subpar game u come out the woodwork... Go that way>>>>>

His turnovers are him getting picked off the dribble. I wish he were a stud, but he's one of the worst, if not the worst, starting PGs. Parker is on the decline, but I wouldn't say he's worse than Murray and he runs the offense better. I could see Parker get more minutes as the Spurs struggle in the playoff race. And Parker had way more positive games in the playoffs last year than duds. He was our 2nd best player until he went down.

duncan2k5
03-07-2018, 12:33 PM
His turnovers are him getting picked off the dribble. I wish he were a stud, but he's one of the worst, if not the worst, starting PGs. Parker is on the decline, but I wouldn't say he's worse than Murray and he runs the offense better. I could see Parker get more minutes as the Spurs struggle in the playoff race. And Parker had way more positive games in the playoffs last year than duds. He was our 2nd best player until he went down.

Show me where this season his turnovers were getting picked off the dribble... His turnovers are from bad decisions... Sometimes he may get stripped driving into heavy traffic, but that's decision making... Not a lack of handling...

Parker runs the offense better because he is a hall of fame point guard almost 20 year in with the same team and same coach... That's not a knock on Murray...

The point of the game is to win... We won't win this year at all... So starting Parker to MAYBE do SLIGHTLY better in the playoffs this year is less important as developing Murray who may make u win quicker in the future, or increase trade value... Parker starting now has zero upside...

Parker being the second best player last year (a far second) was more about Aldridge being trash... And let's not forget how badly he played on defense... And how poorly he played during last years season to the point where ppl wanted patty starting... His body couldn't even handle playing above his average for more than a couple games before he broke down... Tony is done... We need to move on from these old guys

superbigtime
03-07-2018, 02:42 PM
And hes dumb

bball dumb or life dumb ?

Mikeanaro
03-07-2018, 02:59 PM
He literally said the opposite... Lol
Yeah, the other day, but before that was about having fun, he is a dumb kid who is banging a nice looking gold digger so he is only into that, look at his twitter account, and people is telling him to actually play ball.

By the way, how much is he helping Spurs to win since his new ¨Mamba¨ mentality?

Mikeanaro
03-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Lots of dumb turnovers, I watch the games and he is losing the ball very often or making others lose the ball.
But Lebron was an offensive menace, he compensated his bad handles with killer scoring, 3 pointers, speed, passing, rebounds.

Wrong, I invented the ¨Porker¨ thing here, I was really hoping Murray to be awesome, since Spurs lost to GSW last season I was really excited to see what Murray could do the next season, and after watching his photos with Kawhi training in the offseason one could only expect the best.
But no more 30 points this season, lots of scrubbing and disappointments.
The fact that Porker is doing better just shows how much of a letdown DJ is.

cd98
03-07-2018, 03:18 PM
Show me where this season his turnovers were getting picked off the dribble... His turnovers are from bad decisions... Sometimes he may get stripped driving into heavy traffic, but that's decision making... Not a lack of handling...

Parker runs the offense better because he is a hall of fame point guard almost 20 year in with the same team and same coach... That's not a knock on Murray...

The point of the game is to win... We won't win this year at all... So starting Parker to MAYBE do SLIGHTLY better in the playoffs this year is less important as developing Murray who may make u win quicker in the future, or increase trade value... Parker starting now has zero upside...

Parker being the second best player last year (a far second) was more about Aldridge being trash... And let's not forget how badly he played on defense... And how poorly he played during last years season to the point where ppl wanted patty starting... His body couldn't even handle playing above his average for more than a couple games before he broke down... Tony is done... We need to move on from these old guys

Sorry, I don't have the games recorded so that I can show you where he is getting picked off, but it's a common complaint here. We've all seen it. I'm surprised you haven't. I don't think Parker is the answer because I don't think he's 100% back and I think he is quickly declining. But he may be the best option if winning is the goal. Obviously Pop agrees given how Parker has started getting the money minutes in the 4th. At best, it's a play Parker when they need offense and play Murray for D (only b/c Parker can't guard anyone). That said, I don't know that Murray is the future. The Spurs drafted Kyle Anderson around the same spot. Does that mean he's replacing Kawhi? I mean he can spell minutes, but Anderson and Murray are minor pieces, not superstars. I'm not sure Murray will be the starting PG last year. He's getting his shot, but he's not locking down the position.

duncan2k5
03-08-2018, 12:16 PM
Sorry, I don't have the games recorded so that I can show you where he is getting picked off, but it's a common complaint here. We've all seen it. I'm surprised you haven't. I don't think Parker is the answer because I don't think he's 100% back and I think he is quickly declining. But he may be the best option if winning is the goal. Obviously Pop agrees given how Parker has started getting the money minutes in the 4th. At best, it's a play Parker when they need offense and play Murray for D (only b/c Parker can't guard anyone). That said, I don't know that Murray is the future. The Spurs drafted Kyle Anderson around the same spot. Does that mean he's replacing Kawhi? I mean he can spell minutes, but Anderson and Murray are minor pieces, not superstars. I'm not sure Murray will be the starting PG last year. He's getting his shot, but he's not locking down the position.

bro...we wont win with parker starting...u act as if we have a team capable of winning right now...we dont...so jumpstart murray's developent...we did it with tony and it panned out...

duncan2k5
03-08-2018, 12:19 PM
Yeah, the other day, but before that was about having fun, he is a dumb kid who is banging a nice looking gold digger so he is only into that, look at his twitter account, and people is telling him to actually play ball.

By the way, how much is he helping Spurs to win since his new ¨Mamba¨ mentality?

murray is far from the reason we arent winning...he is just the scapegoat because of who he is...most games he isnt the worst player we have...even the last game aldridge played worse, but he gets a pass...tony parker has played some really bad games this season, but no one complained about him those games...but as soon as murray gets one turnover, or misses one jumper, ppl are ready to pull the plug...we have had tony for so long, u guys forget how young point guards play

Mikeanaro
03-08-2018, 01:53 PM
murray is far from the reason we arent winning...he is just the scapegoat because of who he is...most games he isnt the worst player we have...even the last game aldridge played worse, but he gets a pass...tony parker has played some really bad games this season, but no one complained about him those games...but as soon as murray gets one turnover, or misses one jumper, ppl are ready to pull the plug...we have had tony for so long, u guys forget how young point guards play
Parker had a terrible injury and he is almost 36 years old, did everything he could in the past now if he helps good but that was the golden opportunity for Murray and he didnt deliver.

Spurs have never drafted a good scoring PG since Parker, the closest thing was Nando De Colo and he blew his chances, Corey Joseph, Hill, Patty, Forbes and lots of other guys never had what it takes to be an offensive menace.

cd98
03-08-2018, 02:34 PM
bro...we wont win with parker starting...u act as if we have a team capable of winning right now...we dont...so jumpstart murray's developent...we did it with tony and it panned out...

We have a team capable of making the playoffs and Pop isn't coaching to be in the lottery (although sometimes it seems that way). If Kawhi comes back and can get to 75% and gel with LMA, the Spurs could advance a round and be a tough out in the 2nd round. Murray won't get benched. But Parker is probably better in the money minutes. As long as the Spurs are playoff bound, I see Pop leaning on Parker. Next year? I wouldn't bet all my money that Spurs have decided he's the future. He needs a big jump in the offseason with his jump shot and some meat on his bones.

sasaint
03-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Parker had a terrible injury and he is almost 36 years old, did everything he could in the past now if he helps good but that was the golden opportunity for Murray and he didnt deliver.

Spurs have never drafted a good scoring PG since Parker, the closest thing was Nando De Colo and he blew his chances, Corey Joseph, Hill, Patty, Forbes and lots of other guys never had what it takes to be an offensive menace.

Spurs should give DWhite a legit shot to compete with Dijon to see if he can deliver.

Namundy
03-08-2018, 06:00 PM
I'm hot and cold on DJ as well. Dude needs a shot to really make it in today's NBA. He knows it. The Spurs know it. The entire NBA knows it. Let's see what he does about it.

MaNu4Tres
03-08-2018, 06:22 PM
People here really overlook all the defensive intangibles he brings to the starting lineup.

There's a big reason why he's improved recently to 19th in RPM out of all the PGs in the NBA. He's been more than solid since the AS break outside of the Grizzlies game.

Spurs are a middle tier -15th-18th defense when DeJounte is off the floor. They are 1st in defense when he's on the floor. But you guys want to just point at his inconsistent jumper as the reason to say he's not ready.

cd98
03-08-2018, 06:41 PM
People here really overlook all the defensive intangibles he brings to the starting lineup.

There's a big reason why he's improved recently to 19th in RPM out of all the PGs in the NBA. He's been more than solid since the AS break outside of the Grizzlies game.

Spurs are a middle tier -15th-18th defense when DeJounte is off the floor. They are 1st in defense when he's on the floor. But you guys want to just point at his inconsistent jumper as the reason to say he's not ready.

I think we all realize his contributions right now are on the defensive side. But lately we’ve needed late game scoring and Parker is just better at running the offense. Not that Parker is a superstar, he’s just got experience and other teams respect his scoring ability.

TD 21
03-08-2018, 06:42 PM

I view it like this: Offense now accounts for more than 50% of the game, especially as a starting PG (unless you have 2 dynamic wings and can get away with a 3 and D type), since their defensive impact is relatively minimal. Next to IQ, I consider range shooting, specifically of the pull up variety, the next most important skill. Him having no semblance of it outweighs everything else (not necessarily in relation to Parker and Mills, but in a big picture sort of way) and it'll only become more glaring when Leonard returns and he has to play off ball more frequently.

MannyIsGod
03-08-2018, 06:48 PM

Initially its weird to me that anyone could look at Murray and think he's not doing great for his age. Then I realize this is Spurstalk. Murray is going to be a great PG for a long time in this league.

MaNu4Tres
03-08-2018, 06:48 PM
I think we all realize his contributions right now are on the defensive side. But lately we’ve needed late game scoring and Parker is just better at running the offense. Not that Parker is a superstar, he’s just got experience and other teams respect his scoring ability.

And at the same time, Murray has advantages on offense -- in transition pushing the pace..finding open 3s, optimizing 2nd chance opportunities which he provides on the offensive glass. Not to mention his improvement in the PnR in the past 2 months.

Parker has actually been just as, if not more inconsistent as Murray is in the PnR the past few months. The Grizzlied game just clouds that reality.

coachmac87
03-08-2018, 06:50 PM

I agree with you assessment with his defensive intangibles..he’s already the best rebounding Spur guard in history..he’s getting better attacking and finishing and love how he pushes the pace...

Adding a jumper when they go under the screen will take him to the “superstar potential”.. it will come in time but it’s the only thing holding him back from taking him to next level shit

MaNu4Tres
03-08-2018, 06:52 PM
I view it like this: Offense now accounts for more than 50% of the game, especially as a starting PG (unless you have 2 dynamic wings and can get away with a 3 and D type), since their defensive impact is relatively minimal. Next to IQ, I consider range shooting, specifically of the pull up variety, the next most important skill. Him having no semblance of it outweighs everything else (not necessarily in relation to Parker and Mills, but in a big picture sort of way) and it'll only become more glaring when Leonard returns and he has to play off ball more frequently.

Elite offense, I agree. Inconsistent O that TP or Mills provides is no where near as valuable as what DeJounte provides in other areas.

Spurs O rating decreases only 1 point when Murray is on the floor vs when he's off.

MannyIsGod
03-08-2018, 06:58 PM
The amount that Murray has improved on offense over the course of the season is rather extraordinary. He was reluctant to put up any shots at all early in the year and now he's got a fairly decent touch shot/floater in close. His complete lack of a jumper is a problem, but that was a huge problem for early Parker too. If and when Murray develops a decent jumper then he's going to be a really good guard.

The league is chock full of good offensive guards though. It isn't full of good defenders at the 1, so I'm happy to have one on this team.

MaNu4Tres
03-08-2018, 07:02 PM
The amount that Murray has improved on offense over the course of the season is rather extraordinary. He was reluctant to put up any shots at all early in the year and now he's got a fairly decent touch shot/floater in close. His complete lack of a jumper is a problem, but that was a huge problem for early Parker too. If and when Murray develops a decent jumper then he's going to be a really good guard.

The league is chock full of good offensive guards though. It isn't full of good defenders at the 1, so I'm happy to have one on this team.

He's actually been shooting the midrange more the past month, and making them too.

TD 21
03-08-2018, 07:09 PM
(not necessarily in relation to Parker and Mills, but in a big picture sort of way)

Inconsistent O that TP or Mills provides is no where near as valuable as what DeJounte provides in other areas.

duncan2k5
03-08-2018, 07:13 PM
i hate when ppl say Parker is better at running the offense....OF COURSE he is! he was running that same offense for over a decade...he would be better at running it than almost anyone else in the NBA, especially a 21 year old pg that barely played his rookie year...he is better for the spurs than parker...parker is too inconsistent offensively...murray is at least great on defense and pushes the pace on offense when kawhi comes back...plus is more attractive for free agents than an old parker

ceds
03-08-2018, 07:20 PM
when parker was 21 the offense was 4 down....throw the ball to timmy and space the floor....TP was no point guard either at that age.

TP is a top 5 - 10 PG all time but at 21 his signature move was a tear drop floater....It wasn't until his 5th season he became elite in the paint.

DJ needs time..He's a combo guard and has shown enough since we started to showcase him

MaNu4Tres
03-08-2018, 07:28 PM
Precisely. Which is relevant to the current situation.

duncan2k5
03-08-2018, 07:50 PM
i hate when ppl say Parker is better at running the offense....OF COURSE he is! he was running that same offense for over a decade...he would be better at running it than almost anyone else in the NBA, especially a 21 year old pg that barely played his rookie year...he is better for the spurs than parker...parker is too inconsistent offensively...murray is at least great on defense and pushes the pace on offense when kawhi comes back...plus is more attractive for free agents than an old parker

tholdren
03-08-2018, 10:13 PM

Lol

tholdren
03-08-2018, 10:13 PM
bball dumb or life dumb ?

Bball idk about his life

Mikeanaro
03-09-2018, 12:13 AM
Spurs should give DWhite a legit shot to compete with Dijon to see if he can deliver.
Agreed, could used him some more, they placed all the chips on Murray.

Mikeanaro
03-09-2018, 12:53 AM
What a scrub, ruined the game in 3 consecutive times...

SuperCam
03-09-2018, 01:03 AM
average PG at best, never is going to be a top 15 point guard in this league. trade him before his rookie contract ends and he becomes a negative asset. MVParker was running circles around him at the same age, and at 37 he's still better :lol

Chinook
03-09-2018, 01:05 AM

I don't want to be too hard on him, but he certainly played his role in the collapse.

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2018, 01:10 AM
average PG at best, never is going to be a top 15 point guard in this league. trade him before his rookie contract ends and he becomes a negative asset. MVParker was running circles around him at the same age, and at 37 he's still better :lol

BillMc
03-09-2018, 01:11 AM
I don't want to be too hard on him, but he certainly played his role in the collapse.

Yep. That late turnover really hurt.

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2018, 01:13 AM
This IG street baller got taught how to play the game by Jamal Crawford, sons.... loser teaching his losing ways to young kids smh.

14-17 record when he starts. At some point it's not a coincidence anymore.

sasaint
03-09-2018, 01:13 AM

That, and then the next possession he wanted to get it back so he put up one of his floaters from 10 feet on a poor angle and missed. Maybe he will learn.

sammy
03-09-2018, 01:14 AM
Why wasn’t Parker in the 4th quarter?

emanueldavidginobili
03-09-2018, 01:15 AM
He made killer mistakes at the end tonight. But without playing tonight we lose by double digits

BillMc
03-09-2018, 01:16 AM
That, and then the next possession he wanted to get it back so he put up one of his floaters from 10 feet on a poor angle and missed. Maybe he will learn.

Let's hope.

Slippy
03-09-2018, 01:19 AM

This. Pop gotta be in teaching mode over wins

ceds
03-09-2018, 01:22 AM
growing pains tbh

Learning to close out games & helps with a mini tank to end the season

HarlemHeat37
03-09-2018, 01:36 AM
Murray played very well, tbh..his coach should have saved him from himself and benched him down the stretch, though, this isn't time for learning, they're trying to make the playoffs..

MaNu4Tres
03-09-2018, 01:38 AM
Murray played very well, tbh..his coach should have saved him from himself and benched him down the stretch, though, this isn't time for learning, they're trying to make the playoffs..

Gay or Tony over Mills was the call. DeJounte played a great game.

He had 1 unforced turnover late when the weakside defender made a great play after Murray picked up his dribble and then missed a floater. Everyone else that closed didn't make plays either.

Patty Mills is leading the team in minutes the past 6 games. And people wonder why they are giving up 110 + points the past 6 games.

SAGirl
03-09-2018, 02:39 AM
Why wasn’t Parker in the 4th quarter?
Teaching moment for him. Only way to learn how to handle really tight defense in 4th Q is to be put in those situations...

tholdren
03-09-2018, 06:41 AM

Until the last 4 min. Then he lost game for sa. Trade

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 06:42 AM

Wait... Of all the players last night... Ur blaming Murray for the loss? Lol... Ok bro

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 06:44 AM
He made killer mistakes at the end tonight. But without playing tonight we lose by double digits

That's what these idiots don't get... Murray was one of the better players last night... We would have been destroyed otherwise... Patty played much worse, but Murray is the scapegoat... Go figure

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 06:46 AM
We are so used to Tony, we forget his growing pains... Parker couldn't even close games when he was the same age... Dude had to be benched for speedy Claxton in crunch time... How quickly we forget...

boutons_deux
03-09-2018, 07:05 AM
Dude had to be benched for speedy Claxton in crunch time

Parker was one of the main reasons for Spurs' '02/'03 success, while Speedy rode the bench injured for half of the season, then barely played when he was healthy.

Tony was playing so well in the Finals in the early games, that some commentators said he was a candidate Finals MVP.

Speedy did come in 4th qtr in the Finals, game 6?, hit a couple jumpers, then essentially disappeared from the NBA.

It's a myth that Speedy closed lots of games while Tony sat.

tholdren
03-09-2018, 07:18 AM
[QUOTE=duncan2k5;9311313].. We would have been destroyed otherwise../QUOTE]

You have no idea what would have happened if murray got a dnp. Fact is he lost the game for sa with his play at the end. Not smart. Not a pg. Just an overhyped nba player. Sad the media makes you think these bums are skilled

acoelho1
03-09-2018, 08:41 AM
I thought overall he had a good game. Those offensive rebounds late killed us.

cd98
03-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Spurs played a good game against a team with three all stars. They lost in the end bc they don’t have a closer. Instead, the ball is in the hands of people that can’t close. Once LMA was doubled, it was easy to see everyone else didn’t know how to make a play in crunch time against a good defense playing at home.

sammy
03-09-2018, 09:21 AM
I understand that Pop is trying to keep him in as a teaching moment but every loss keeps us from making the playoffs, enough! This is the time where you put in the vets to close the game out, Parker, Gay and Manu! :bang GSW are not as good as they think they are when they barely beat a injury-riddled team with all of their stars except for Curry smh!

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 10:30 AM
Spurs played a good game against a team with three all stars. They lost in the end bc they don’t have a closer. Instead, the ball is in the hands of people that can’t close. Once LMA was doubled, it was easy to see everyone else didn’t know how to make a play in crunch time against a good defense playing at home.

Ur guy's logic is disappointing... Keep Tony as the closer till he retires? How well do u think that will work out? How will the new pg ever learn? Tp got the luxury of playing through his growing pains as a young PG... The backsweep choke VS Lakers in 04, the bad stints in the 4th VS the nets until he had to be bailed out by speedy... And in all these he was older and much more experienced than Murray... He wasn't even one of our most important players VS the pistons in 05...he took time... So to pile on Murray for being left in during the fourth so he can learn to close in pressure moments is hypocritical... And let's not pretend prime Parker never played during some epic choke jobs... It happens... Especially when you're 21...besides he played good! Dude was one of the best players on the team this game, yet ppl look only at him as the scapegoat...

phxspurfan
03-09-2018, 12:25 PM
Not sure the Parker one is a fair comparison. For one, Parker had a lot of league competition in Europe before he got here, even at 19. And secondly, Parker when here had Prime TD, Robinson etc. We have a crybaby who fakes a limp because he wants to go to Disneyland

cd98
03-09-2018, 12:31 PM
Ur guy's logic is disappointing... Keep Tony as the closer till he retires? How well do u think that will work out? How will the new pg ever learn? Tp got the luxury of playing through his growing pains as a young PG... The backsweep choke VS Lakers in 04, the bad stints in the 4th VS the nets until he had to be bailed out by speedy... And in all these he was older and much more experienced than Murray... He wasn't even one of our most important players VS the pistons in 05...he took time... So to pile on Murray for being left in during the fourth so he can learn to close in pressure moments is hypocritical... And let's not pretend prime Parker never played during some epic choke jobs... It happens... Especially when you're 21...besides he played good! Dude was one of the best players on the team this game, yet ppl look only at him as the scapegoat...

I'm not taking up for Parker in my post, though any suggestion that Parker was not one of the most important player in 05 is ignorant. Maybe he didn't average 30 points in that low scoring series, but he played well against a great defensive team and did what Pop wanted. Let me guess, you wanted Beno so he could develop experience? Even when he couldn't dribble the ball past Lindsey Hunter? And you need to re-watch 03 from the first round to the playoffs. To say Parker was less than essential in that run stretches credibility. Kidd couldn't guard Parker, Nets had to take him off Parker and use Kerry Kittles, who had success. If Kidd, the runner up to MVP that year, had stayed on Parker, Parker would have dominated that entire series.

Spurs went with Murrey to protect the lead with a defensive unit and it failed. But I'm not putting the loss on Murrey. We only have one legit closer on this team and he's only played 9 games. Asking any other Spur (except maybe LMA...but he's going to be double teamed) to close consistently is unfair because they don't have it. It's not in the DNA of anyone else on the roster except Manu and Parker, but they lost closer status 2-3 years ago or more. That's why this team is a fringe playoff team.

SAGirl
03-09-2018, 01:05 PM
We are so used to Tony, we forget his growing pains... Parker couldn't even close games when he was the same age... Dude had to be benched for speedy Claxton in crunch time... How quickly we forget...
True.

SAGirl
03-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Spurs have to continue to develop him. The team isn’t going to pick up a star PG in FA and while they have tried to trade for one (Kyrie) they didn’t have the pieces to make it work. Developing is the only way to go.

K...
03-09-2018, 01:18 PM
Murray is the only player who even could evolve into a star. His lack of skill obscures his development , he was very raw at 19. All our other young players are not young, even white is a question Mark.

keithington1
03-09-2018, 02:45 PM
Someone tell Murray to watch film of his flaws not his highlights.

Hoops Czar
03-09-2018, 04:25 PM

What's the Paddy excuse? How many times does a player have to be atrocious at everything to still get the opportunity to close out games?

MaNu4Tres
03-09-2018, 04:36 PM

Not to mention, how he shot the Spurs out of the playoffs in 2012, 2015, 2016 vs LAC & OKC two times.

People forget about that.

MultiTroll
03-09-2018, 04:41 PM
BillMc,
It did. And while I'm not wanting to sound like a Murray apologist, when a point guard picks up his dribble and is in obvious trouble, it's like a QB in football who is in trouble. Time for receivers to break off their routes and bail him out any way they can. Green slowly jogs by to get in position for a pass. But he reacts way too slowly and does not go right by DJ, closely so DJ can give him the handoff/short pass. Additionally with Patty on the floor the defenses are so obviously adjusting it cramps up the offense so badly.
I'm just sayin. Yes, a good part of it is DJs inexperience. However a lot of it is also such a jacked up offense stategy and on most games 2018 Patty is not only not helping but he is a major hindrance.

Fatheads reluctance to shoot and/or even handle the ball is at times also almost creating a 4 on 5 scene on O.
He also very often hot-potatoes the ball over to someone with less then 4 seconds on the shot clock. Someone who is NOT open. Rather Fathead in effect saying "Uh I don't wanna be caught with the ball -here you take it."

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 05:41 PM
What's the Paddy excuse? How many times does a player have to be atrocious at everything to still get the opportunity to close out games?

Patty has no excuse... Dude is trash... Basura... Poop

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 05:42 PM
Not to mention, how he shot the Spurs out of the playoffs in 2012, 2015, 2016 vs LAC & OKC two times.

PPl don't care about facts bro... Murray is the scapegoat and that's that

TheGreatYacht
03-09-2018, 05:45 PM

You pulled that out of your ass. Gtfo.

Parker, Timmy, and Jackson all did enough to win that series. Unfortunately some balding faggot shat the bed in the closing game with 10 points on 4/12 shooting and a -14. Got completely embarrassed by Harden.

SAGirl
03-09-2018, 05:50 PM
BillMc,
It did. And while I'm not wanting to sound like a Murray apologist, when a point guard picks up his dribble and is in obvious trouble, it's like a QB in football who is in trouble. Time for receivers to break off their routes and bail him out any way they can. Green slowly jogs by to get in position for a pass. But he reacts way too slowly and does not go right by DJ, closely so DJ can give him the handoff/short pass. Additionally with Patty on the floor the defenses are so obviously adjusting it cramps up the offense so badly.
I'm just sayin. Yes, a good part of it is DJs inexperience. However a lot of it is also such a jacked up offense stategy and on most games 2018 Patty is not only not helping but he is a major hindrance.

Fatheads reluctance to shoot and/or even handle the ball is at times also almost creating a 4 on 5 scene on O.
He also very often hot-potatoes the ball over to someone with less then 4 seconds on the shot clock. Someone who is NOT open. Rather Fathead in effect saying "Uh I don't wanna be caught with the ball -here you take it."
Kyle also picked up his dribble in a game against Utah and it caused a TO, but same as you mention for Dijon, he took a lot of crap about it and no one came to bail him out either. everyone stood around. Patty, who he was looking to come get the ball didn't even move. Mistakes were made by both guys, but the team also wasn't aware of situation to come and help... and they have to know, neither Kyle, nor DJ is Kawhi who is going to dominate successfully. The teammates have to be ready to help out... sometimes they aren't.

I am fine with letting them struggle through their issues. First of all bc the veterans have struggled about the same. They have still lost games when Pop benched Kyle in the 4th Q or DJ.. so what is the point? These two are young and learning, heck Manu may retire.

Mikeanaro
03-09-2018, 06:33 PM
Wait... Of all the players last night... Ur blaming Murray for the loss? Lol... Ok bro
What? he took the plane and crashed it to the fucking mountain, what game were you watching?

duncan2k5
03-09-2018, 06:40 PM
What? he took the plane and crashed it to the fucking mountain, what game were you watching?

So he was the worst player last night then?

BatManu20
03-09-2018, 09:06 PM
Haters gonna hate

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-09-2018, 10:00 PM
Teaching moment for him. Only way to learn how to handle really tight defense in 4th Q is to be put in those situations...

I think he'll learn more if the team actually makes the playoffs.

tholdren
03-09-2018, 10:09 PM
Haters gonna hate

Lololololololololololololol wut? Lolololololo so dumb

Mikeanaro
03-09-2018, 10:54 PM
So he was the worst player last night then?
No, but HE ruined lots of games at the most important moments, not the other guys.
Thread is Dejounte Murray, and he sucks as much as Green, Patty, Gasol, one of the main reasons why Spurs wont reach the 50 win mark this season.

ceds
03-10-2018, 02:36 AM
I think he'll learn more if the team actually makes the playoffs.

at this point id rather a late lottery pick

SASdynasty!
03-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Parker was one of the main reasons for Spurs' '02/'03 success, while Speedy rode the bench injured for half of the season, then barely played when he was healthy.

Tony was playing so well in the Finals in the early games, that some commentators said he was a candidate Finals MVP.

Speedy did come in 4th qtr in the Finals, game 6?, hit a couple jumpers, then essentially disappeared from the NBA.

It's a myth that Speedy closed lots of games while Tony sat.
Dude hit a couple 15 footers and somehow the krew thinks he bailed out our 2nd option. Their championship DVD is probably scratched and repeating those 2 shots or something.

cd98
03-10-2018, 08:39 AM
Dude hit a couple 15 footers and somehow the krew thinks he bailed out our 2nd option. Their championship DVD is probably scratched and repeating those 2 shots or something.

Yes, people also forget that the Nets gladly gave Speedy those 15 footers because he wasn’t a great shooter (part of the reason he didn’t last in the NBA). When Parker was on the floor, they couldn’t stop him until they made an adjustment in the last two games and put Kerry Kittles on him. That became the new way to guard Parker...putting 2s and 3s on him instead of 1s (Kidd couldn’t guard Parker because he wasn’t long enough or fast enough). By the next season, Parker learned how to beat swing defenders.

duncan2k5
03-10-2018, 09:41 AM
Yes, people also forget that the Nets gladly gave Speedy those 15 footers because he wasn’t a great shooter (part of the reason he didn’t last in the NBA). When Parker was on the floor, they couldn’t stop him until they made an adjustment in the last two games and put Kerry Kittles on him. That became the new way to guard Parker...putting 2s and 3s on him instead of 1s (Kidd couldn’t guard Parker because he wasn’t long enough or fast enough). By the next season, Parker learned how to beat swing defenders.

Next season we got backswept by the Lakers because Parker couldn't score against them... What are u talking about? And in the nets series Parker was benched... It was a media talking point too... Speedy stepped up big time with his energy and shots

pad300
03-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Haters gonna hate

Although I think Murray has a lot of potential, and is currently as good a PG option as there is on this team (Mills & Forbes are really small SG's, Parker & Manu are old, White is untested - but should be getting more time), this is deceptive. It's being driven by the REB%. Drop that and many PG's will qualify.

There are 9 players this season alone:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=21.5&c2stat=stl_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=2&c3stat=blk_pct&c3comp=gt&c3val=1.5&order_by=ws

tholdren
03-10-2018, 12:19 PM
Although I think Murray has a lot of potential, and is currently as good a PG option as there is on this team (Mills & Forbes are really small SG's, Parker & Manu are old, White is untested - but should be getting more time), this is deceptive. It's being driven by the REB%. Drop that and many PG's will qualify.

There are 9 players this season alone:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/psl_finder.cgi?request=1&match=single&type=totals&per_minute_base=36&per_poss_base=100&season_start=1&season_end=-1&lg_id=NBA&age_min=0&age_max=99&is_playoffs=N&height_min=0&height_max=99&year_min=2018&year_max=2018&birth_country_is=Y&as_comp=gt&as_val=0&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=ast_pct&c1comp=gt&c1val=21.5&c2stat=stl_pct&c2comp=gt&c2val=2&c3stat=blk_pct&c3comp=gt&c3val=1.5&order_by=ws
These people just see a stat and throw it out there. St, and current bb analytics are so very very thinly connected to individual player performance. Yet, there are actual jobs created to try and do this. Its just so dumb.

pad300
03-10-2018, 01:23 PM
These people just see a stat and throw it out there. St, and current bb analytics are so very very thinly connected to individual player performance. Yet, there are actual jobs created to try and do this. Its just so dumb.

I'm not as down as you are on statistical analytics. People have been making that argument in other sports for a while, and it appears to be a loser - see Billy Bean and Moneyball in baseball. The rockets have seen significant success with their analytics driven play style. Analytics is showing up a lot in soccer - and it has changed the game, compare today's soccer to 15 years ago... Of course, you can play a lot of games with stats, but you can also pull a lot of value. What was posted was an example of statistical cherry picking by adding a stat (Reb %) that is outside the PG's role on the team. While rebounding the PG slot is nice, it's not determinant with how good the team's PG play is working.

SuperCam
03-10-2018, 10:42 PM
zero assists in 25 minutes from this piece of shit tonight "point guard" smh. trade this scrub to some dumb GM who thinks he has value because he's young.

Mikeanaro
03-10-2018, 10:53 PM
zero assists in 25 minutes from this piece of shit tonight "point guard" smh. trade this scrub to some dumb GM who thinks he has value because he's young.
Watch your mouth, some posters here could call you ¨idiot¨ for making such statement...

duncan2k5
03-10-2018, 11:56 PM

he had 3 assists...and i can bring up many games from a 21 year old parker where he had less assists than that

duncan2k5
03-10-2018, 11:57 PM
lol@ posters bringing up assists to judge murray on a spurs team where their HOF PG averaged 5 assists for his career...spurs arent a team where one man gets a lot of points or assists...nevertheless a 21 year old...get over it

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2018, 11:58 PM

hater
03-11-2018, 12:16 AM
He was not terrible tonight. Just average but nothing special. A lot of dumb mistakes his head still not in it. Looks like Gonzo Testicle going raw on him still hurts :cry

duncan2k5
03-11-2018, 03:13 PM
He didn't have zero assists tho

SuperCam
03-11-2018, 03:27 PM

he had zero assists 25 minutes in not till garbage time did he find forbes for some garbage 3s. zero playmaking and bad shooting per par tbh

tholdren
03-11-2018, 03:27 PM

But he sure played terrible defense

tholdren
03-11-2018, 03:31 PM
he had zero assists 25 minutes in not till garbage time did he find forbes for some garbage 3s. zero playmaking and bad shooting per par tbh

Hes only slightly effective in a fast break situation, however he showed last night during a fast break he has no court vision or passing ability. His only game is coast to coast streetball

duncan2k5
03-11-2018, 04:06 PM
Hes only slightly effective in a fast break situation, however he showed last night during a fast break he has no court vision or passing ability. His only game is coast to coast streetball

How many assists do u want him to average? The guy had three... Are we gonna go through every point guards career and see the games where they had meaningless assists? All assists count... Lol

Parker was horrible last season, had a few good games in the playoffs, but was so done his body broke down... Parker is barely good this year... He has had many trash games, but ppl don't call him out for it... Murray is regarded as a good young talent by everyone else except u guys... U know why? Because we actually watch other young point guards and realize Murray is on par with them

tholdren
03-11-2018, 08:23 PM
How many assists do u want him to average? The guy had three... Are we gonna go through every point guards career and see the games where they had meaningless assists? All assists count... Lol

Parker was horrible last season, had a few good games in the playoffs, but was so done his body broke down... Parker is barely good this year... He has had many trash games, but ppl don't call him out for it... Murray is regarded as a good young talent by everyone else except u guys... U know why? Because we actually watch other young point guards and realize Murray is on par with them

You know nothing about basketball. There is no set number of apg he needs to have. He cant run a fast break properly. Thats a problem. His only strength is to drive to the rim yet he cannot effectively draw defenders. His job every time down the floor is to initiate the offense and he consistently dribbles to and stops in a trap spot. He gets balls batted trying to pass to the wing from top of key. Its shameful.

tholdren
03-12-2018, 07:42 PM
You know nothing about basketball. There is no set number of apg he needs to have. He cant run a fast break properly. Thats a problem. His only strength is to drive to the rim yet he cannot effectively draw defenders. His job every time down the floor is to initiate the offense and he consistently dribbles to and stops in a trap spot. He gets balls batted trying to pass to the wing from top of key. Its shameful.
Like i said

Atl Spur
03-12-2018, 08:11 PM
White is the better point guard; Murray may be a better 2 guard more than pg if he could shoot.....

Mikeanaro
03-12-2018, 08:24 PM
2 points in a half when Spurs are on the verge of missing the playoffs.

tholdren
03-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Dumb ass cant even pass to wing

tholdren
03-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Jesus

tholdren
03-13-2018, 05:38 AM
Man he was awesome

Chinook
03-13-2018, 03:16 PM
For the folks that were pimping Murray's on/off stat to beat up all criticism, Murray's tally fell from +7.4 to +5.9 in the span of 49 minutes. That's a huge drop-off for such a comparatively short time, but it is just part of a trend of Murray's impact stats falling off since he has become a starter. I believe DeJounte has a spot in the rotation and that he has a future, but please learn to use stats responsibly. He's not among the team's best guards, his D is not make up for his offense, he hasn't been worth all the changes so far. I'm not sure how many more games SA could have won had they continued to start Parker, but the Murray experiment has not been successful so far. It's not everyone else's fault but his that the team has gone on a 7-12 (7-13, but Murray missed the second GS loss) skid since that change, or that the team is 14-19 in his starts total,

BackHome
03-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Some people are retarded he is young and he is getting better each year what are you all bitching about.

Dex
03-13-2018, 04:53 PM
For the folks that were pimping Murray's on/off stat to beat up all criticism, Murray's tally fell from +7.4 to +5.9 in the span of 49 minutes. That's a huge drop-off for such a comparatively short time, but it is just part of a trend of Murray's impact stats falling off since he has become a starter. I believe DeJounte has a spot in the rotation and that he has a future, but please learn to use stats responsibly. He's not among the team's best guards, his D is not make up for his offense, he hasn't been worth all the changes so far. I'm not sure how many more games SA could have won had they continued to start Parker, but the Murray experiment has not been successful so far. It's not everyone else's fault but his that the team has gone on a 7-12 (7-13, but Murray missed the second GS loss) skid since that change, or that the team is 14-19 in his starts total,

It's the same thing that happened last season, and early this season. When he was put in the starting lineup, he had a few flashy games and everyone was rallying behind the "PG of the future" flag. Then, his game slowly regresses to the point where he looks like he did last night.

He has the athleticism to be a good defender and crash the boards, but for all that "work he put in over the summer", those are still his only concrete NBA skills. His ball-handling, decision making, shooting, and passing are all still suspect.

His stats only look better because he is playing more minutes. In fact, his Per-36 numbers are actually DOWN from last year in scoring and assists, his FG% is only .09% higher, and his 3PT% has tanked to an abysmal .261. The only thing that he has really improved is his rebounding, which isn't really what the Spurs need from their starting PG.

I've said this before, but I still don't really see where Murray improved his game over the summer except for just becoming more familiar with the game, and that does not bode well for him transforming into the franchise savior some people want to make him out to be.

Chinook
03-13-2018, 05:07 PM
It's the same thing that happened last season, and early this season. When he was put in the starting lineup, he had a few flashy games and everyone was rallying behind the "PG of the future" flag. Then, his game slowly regresses to the point where he looks like he did last night.

He has the athleticism to be a good defender and crash the boards, but for all that "work he put in over the summer", those are still his only concrete NBA skills. His ball-handling, decision making, shooting, and passing are all still suspect.

His stats only look better because he is playing more minutes. In fact, his Per-36 numbers are actually DOWN from last year in scoring and assists, his FG% is only .09% higher, and his 3PT% has tanked to an abysmal .261. The only thing that he has really improved is his rebounding, which isn't really what the Spurs need from their starting PG.

I've said this before, but I still don't really see where Murray improved his game over the summer except for just becoming more familiar with the game, and that does not bode well for him transforming into the franchise savior some people want to make him out to be.

Murray is an easy guy to root for. He has the attitude of a franchise player, but he's also extremely supportive of his teammates. I want him to succeed more than I've wanted any other Spurs to succeed (yes, even more than Green). I honestly expected him to be a backup this season while continuing to work on his game behind the scenes. Had Parker never gotten injured, maybe Murray would have done exactly that. But we didn't get to see that. I'm not actually disappointed in Murray's development. I only wanted him to look physically ready to play in the league at this stage, and I think that happened. It was next year that I wanted him to be more skilled. To that extent, Murray is still on my schedule.

People have just been trying to force this narrative that Murray's this big-impact guy, and he's not, at least not in the sense that he needs to be the guy now. The things he does well are not essential for PGs, and the things at which he struggles are. He has very little poise, on either end, and he doesn't fit with the team's best players with his current skill-set. He has, as I've been saying, broken stats with the dissonance between his real-life play and his impact stats. We're finally starting the see the latter catch up to the former. Maybe once they settle down, we'll be able to have a legit discussion on DeJounte's present and future.

LkrFan
03-13-2018, 06:21 PM

Lonzo is better. :)

tholdren
03-13-2018, 07:51 PM
The only thing murray proves is that the nba is a joke. He plays a position where he literally has no skillset to play. Anyone off the street could get better every year with the minutes this bum logs. And anyone playing hs basketball could shoot 26 percent from three

duncan2k5
03-14-2018, 12:25 AM
I'm guessing u guys don't watch too many other 21 year old point guards... Not sure what u were expecting...

HarlemHeat37
03-14-2018, 12:30 AM
The only thing murray proves is that the nba is a joke. He plays a position where he literally has no skillset to play. Anyone off the street could get better every year with the minutes this bum logs. And anyone playing hs basketball could shoot 26 percent from three

If his name was Dillon McHale, you would love him:lol

tholdren
03-14-2018, 06:02 AM
If his name was Dillon McHale, you would love him:lol

Id love him if he could dribble the ball up the floor and not pick up his dribble and be able to make an entry pass to the wing. Todays nba... doesnt get much worse

MaNu4Tres
03-14-2018, 06:32 AM
Pretty amazing how people here expect him to be prime Tony or prime Stockton already.

One of the bright spots this season has been his development, but I wouldn't expect some of these people to notice where he improved.

duncan2k5
03-14-2018, 07:30 AM
Pretty amazing how people here expect him to be prime Tony or prime Stockton already.

One of the bright spots this season has been his development, but I wouldn't expect some of these people to notice where he improved.

Exactly

MaNu4Tres
03-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Exactly

Areas where he's improved:

Ball-handling
Jump shot ( past 2 months)
Poise - control
Decision making in transition
Decision making in the half court offense
Limiting turnovers
Knowing when to push the pace
Knowing when to pump the brakes
His team defense
His one on one defense
Awareness off ball
Rebounding

Kid is leading the NBA in DRPM for PGs.
#20 in overall RPM in the NBA for PGs. ( Mills is #42, Tony Parker is ranked #82 in RPM for PGs). This means Spurs outscore their opponents more when Murray is on the floor compared to Patty and Tony for those who just look at record.
5th on the team in VORP
7th on the team in BPM

Has averaged 12 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists on 50% shooting in February (he got the job at end of January). (10, 6, and 3 on 48% in March.)

But people want blame him for the record when he starts, when in reality they have been losing the past month because of the difficult schedule with a lot of road games, tougher competition, overplaying Mills 30+ minutes, and having teammates who have regressed ( Pau, Manu, Gay) or teammates that were hurt ( Kawhi and LMA).

No he's not John Stockton. No he's not Prime Tony Parker. He's 21 year old DeJounte Murray and still needs to polish up his game, but as of now -- his impact and improvements are obvious. He helps the Spurs more than any other point guard on the roster. White might be the only talent that can contest that.

duncan2150
03-14-2018, 10:36 AM

Ball-handling
Poise - control
Limiting turnovers
His team defense
His one on one defense
Awareness off ball
Rebounding

#20 in overall RPM in the NBA for PGs. ( Mills is #42, Tony Parker is ranked #82 in RPM for PGs). This means Spurs outscore their opponents more when Murray is on the floor compared to Patty and Tony for those who just look at record.
5th on the team in VORP
7th on the team in BPM

Has averaged 12 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists on 50% shooting in February (he got the job at end of January). (10, 6, and 3 on 48% in March.)

But people want blame him for the record when he starts, when in reality they have been losing the past month because of the difficult schedule with a lot of road games, tougher competition, overplaying Mills 30+ minutes, and having teammates who have regressed ( Pau, Manu, Gay) or teammates that were hurt ( Kawhi and LMA).

No he's not John Stockton. No he's not Prime Tony Parker. He's 21 year old DeJounte Murray and still needs to polish up his game, but as of now -- his impact and improvements are obvious. He helps the Spurs more than any other point guard on the roster. White might be the only talent that can contest that.

Nice post, i really think he’s improving as PG. He still have a lot of potential and areas To improve.

duncan2k5
03-14-2018, 10:40 AM

Ball-handling
Poise - control
Limiting turnovers
His team defense
His one on one defense
Awareness off ball
Rebounding

5th on the team in VORP
7th on the team in BPM

Preach!

tholdren
03-14-2018, 08:33 PM

Ball-handling
Poise - control
Limiting turnovers
His team defense
His one on one defense
Awareness off ball
Rebounding

5th on the team in VORP
7th on the team in BPM

Lololololololoololollolllollooloololl... dumbest post ive seen

spurs50_
03-14-2018, 08:42 PM
Will he ever score 20 pts?

acoelho1
03-14-2018, 09:49 PM
Yes

BackHome
03-14-2018, 10:15 PM
Him and White are going to make a great combo

Play Boban
03-14-2018, 10:29 PM
This dude is a bonafide scrub. He can’t play!

hombre
03-15-2018, 02:55 AM
He'll probably average 15 pts next year and playing even better defensively.

Mikeanaro
03-15-2018, 03:24 AM
Its like some póster said, he looks so not Nba making those numbers, like if any average guy can play for the team make some low numbers and afford to be 10nth in his conference.

Wonder what would be his numbers if he was an 80s player, because if he makes these kind of numbers in such a shitty street ball league...

Namundy
03-15-2018, 07:15 AM
Still raw, but the physical attributes and attitude are there. That will take him a long way if he stays committed. It's a broken record but he needs a jumper to be anywhere close to an elite PG. I expect the corner three and an elbow-ish jumper to be added to his arsenal next year. It won't be a good sign if he can't turn that corner.

SAGirl
03-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Still raw, but the physical attributes and attitude are there. That will take him a long way if he stays committed. It's a broken record but he needs a jumper to be anywhere close to an elite PG. I expect the corner three and an elbow-ish jumper to be added to his arsenal next year. It won't be a good sign if he can't turn that corner.
Yup yup. :tu

sasaint
03-15-2018, 10:40 AM

I don't know what Dijon did last summer, but I don't recall any reports that he was working extensively with Chip. I would have expected him to spend time working on some fundamentals and for Spurs fans to hear about it - especially his shot.

duncan2k5
03-15-2018, 01:51 PM
Will he ever score 20 pts?

? Already have... Lol

duncan2k5
03-15-2018, 01:53 PM
Its like some póster said, he looks so not Nba making those numbers, like if any average guy can play for the team make some low numbers and afford to be 10nth in his conference.

Wonder what would be his numbers if he was an 80s player, because if he makes these kind of numbers in such a shitty street ball league...

He doesn't play a lot of minutes and he is 21...could those possibly affect someone's numbers? Who knows?

tholdren
03-15-2018, 05:26 PM
He doesn't play a lot of minutes and he is 21...could those possibly affect someone's numbers? Who knows?

He sucks get over it

duncan2k5
03-15-2018, 10:06 PM
board quiet once again...but let DJ and Parker switch the games they had (3-12 from parker with 3 turnovers compared to 18 and 10 for DJ with 4 steals, great shooting and 1 turnover), and there would have been a parade of ppl in here saying parker needs to start...as soon as parker has a trash game, no one brings it up...which is why parker has the illusion on contributing more than he really does....dude is very inconsistent...

MaNu4Tres
03-15-2018, 10:08 PM
board quiet once again...but let DJ and Parker switch the games they had (3-12 from parker with 3 turnovers compared to 18 and 10 for DJ with 4 steals, great shooting and 1 turnover), and there would have been a parade of ppl in here saying parker needs to start...as soon as parker has a trash game, no one brings it up...which is why parker has the illusion on contributing more than he really does....dude is very inconsistent...

It's typical.

Murray has been proving the "He can't even dribble" crowd all year long. Never seen a raw 21 year old point guard be this productive on both ends of the floor.

acoelho1
03-15-2018, 10:11 PM
Solid game from Murray. Love his toughness and tenacity. Hopefully the ankle is not serious.

bdictjames
03-15-2018, 10:12 PM
I'd like to see it more than stats though.

From the way I see it, Parker still does a better job getting his teammates involved, setting the tempo, especially on offense. With Dejounte, the team looks out of sync. Same with Patty.

We need a point guard with better veteran savvy out there, to set up the offense. Wonder if we can get an Ish Smith or Shabazz Napier on the offseason?

Mikeanaro
03-15-2018, 10:15 PM
Wow, he had one good game, that makes 3 out of 69, lets retire his jersey on every team.

tbdog
03-15-2018, 10:15 PM
Starting PG, 26mins, no assists. That's my biggest issue with his game.

objective
03-15-2018, 10:25 PM
Murray would have a ton more assists tonight and on the season if Fatty would hit his shots.

I swear every time he sets Mills up wide open it's brick town

MaNu4Tres
03-15-2018, 10:44 PM

You're a dummy then.

First of all, Murray doesn't have a lot of opportunities in the half court. He's not even the 3rd option w/ the starters. He doesn't have the volume of touches to put up great assist numbers.

Also, I really wish there was an assist attempt stat available. So many times Murray finds guys wide open but they can't hit a shot. Murray has been making the right passes and finding people wide open just as much as anyone on the team in the limited opportunities he has to create.

And yes Parker is a labeled point guard, but he doesn't run the offense anymore and isn't utilized with a lot of volume with the ball. The volume of offense he's responsible for is pretty much equal to most of the other guards on the team. He plays off ball just as much as he has the ball, if not more.

TheGreatYacht
03-15-2018, 11:03 PM
Wow, he had one good game, that makes 3 out of 69, lets retire his jersey on every team.

BD24
03-15-2018, 11:43 PM
Pretty decent game. For those harping on the 0 assist if Fatty Mills and DG could of hit a fucking shot he would of had at least 4 or 5 lol. Those niggas couldn't hit shit, espeically for two so called specialist.

On a side note Murray hit a three tonight and actually took two, is this real life?

KDKSpurs24
03-15-2018, 11:47 PM
Pretty decent game. For those harping on the 0 assist if Fatty Mills and DG could of hit a fucking shot he would of had at least 4 or 5 lol. Those niggas couldn't hit shit, espeically for two so called specialist.

On a side note Murray hit a three tonight and actually took two, is this real life?
Some people still don’t seem to realize that it takes TWO to finish an assist.

BD24
03-15-2018, 11:49 PM
Some people still don’t seem to realize that it takes TWO to finish an assist.
I hadn't checked the box score, just watched the game.

Just went and checked the box score though, holy shit 4-23 between those two fucks, I'm sure that their poor shooting is somehow DJ's fault though :lol

TimDunkem
03-15-2018, 11:53 PM

ST still slow to admit Danny sucks because he sometimes has games like tonight defensively, but at least we can all agree Mills sucks.

Between that, LMA taking 10 seconds just to fadeaway, and zero plays that get our guys easy buckets, you're right that it's no wonder why Murray can't buy an assist.

MultiTroll
03-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Murray would have a ton more assists tonight and on the season if Fatty would hit his shots.

qft

SAGirl
03-16-2018, 12:35 AM
Is he alright. Saw he had a collision in the game but i missed the 2nd half.

daslicer
03-16-2018, 12:43 AM
Is he alright. Saw he had a collision in the game but i missed the 2nd half.

He got an ankle injury late in the forth that was caused by Danny falling into him. It didn't look serious he got up and was able to walk to the bench and wanted to stay in the game but Pop took him out. I have a feeling knowing how cautious Pop is that he won't play for the next few games.

BatManu20
03-16-2018, 03:19 AM

r0drig0lac
03-16-2018, 04:37 AM

From the way I see it, Parker still does a better job getting his teammates involved, setting the tempo, especially on offense. With Dejounte, the team looks out of sync. Same with Patty.

We need a point guard with better veteran savvy out there, to set up the offense. Wonder if we can get an Ish Smith or Shabazz Napier on the offseason?

for what? starting five of midgets?

jermaine
03-16-2018, 04:48 AM
I could see him with a low pt triple double if the others could hit shots consistently.

tholdren
03-16-2018, 05:48 AM

Could care less. Stupid and out of context. He did have a nice game even though you are not smart

duncan2k5
03-16-2018, 06:10 AM

We had a pg with more veteran savvy back in the day in avery... But starting Parker and dealing with his growing pains made him somewhat ready by time it was ready to play in deep playoff runs, so it was definitely worth it...

U want Murray to have veteran savvy at 21? Give it time... We don't make trades, we don't get high draft picks, and no one comes here as a free agent, so when u have a guy that young showing potential, roll with it until he proves u wrong...

Parker been on the same team with the same coach for almost twenty years... No one can run the offense better than him right now... So it's unfair to bring up the point that Parker knows the offense better... He doesn't know it better enough to negate Murray's positives

bdictjames
03-16-2018, 06:10 AM
for what? starting five of midgets?
They said the same thing with Steph or Lillard.

I'd rather have a short guy running the point that knows the offense than a tall one that messes it up. It's all about rhythm, and the PG position is possibly the most cerebral position in the game. We need savvy out there who can run plays.

duncan2k5
03-16-2018, 06:12 AM

U do know Parker has had zero assist games in as many minutes? In the playoffs at that? It happens! Especially when you're 21...players rarely have perfect games... The offense we run isn't a pg dominant offense... Even Parker just averages 5-6 assists for his career and he is a hall of famer

duncan2k5
03-16-2018, 06:12 AM

Exactly!

r0drig0lac
03-16-2018, 08:16 AM
They said the same thing with Steph or Lillard.

I'd rather have a short guy running the point that knows the offense than a tall one that messes it up. It's all about rhythm, and the PG position is possibly the most cerebral position in the game. We need savvy out there who can run plays.

and? the two players mentioned are elite players with 6'10 "or 5'9" for their skills, shabazz and ish are not, it's very simple, I did not understand the comparison

acoelho1
03-16-2018, 10:11 AM
For everyone harping about his jumper, he looks a lot more confident in shooting it. When he's open, he takes the shot unlike Kyle Anderson who continuously passes up shots (after 4 years being in the system!) when he is wide open. Before you jump on me about KL, I actually like what he brings to the team.

Also, I fully expect Dejounte to improve his jumper, it's already better than it was earlier in the year and another summer working on it should see steady improvement.

Truth4sale$
03-16-2018, 10:14 AM
If Murray commits to working on his shot this off season( mid game and 3pt)---LOOK out!!! Most improved player guaranteed in 2019

rjv
03-16-2018, 10:47 AM
murray also has one thing that KA doesn't seem to have in abundance which is the mental capacity to say "f___ it". that's a big component that can't be undervalued.

duncan2k5
03-16-2018, 11:29 AM
murray also has one thing that KA doesn't seem to have in abundance which is the mental capacity to say "f___ it". that's a big component that can't be undervalued.

Agree 100%...all great players have that

Mikeanaro
03-24-2018, 12:46 AM
Almost an L because this scrub did nothing for the team
32 min 4 points.

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 03:45 PM
Almost an L because this scrub did nothing for the team
32 min 4 points.

Didn't Parker have zero points? LaMarcus Aldridge took 50 shots... What do u want Murray to do? Fight him for shots?

dbestpro
03-25-2018, 03:48 PM
I have seen enough of Anderson. He is not nearly the cerebral player he pretends to be and makes way to many unnecessary mistakes. Murray just plays hard. He makes mistakes but they are not do to lack of effort. His athleticism makes up for a lot of issues. Anderson has no such reward.

Mikeanaro
03-25-2018, 06:55 PM
Didn't Parker have zero points? LaMarcus Aldridge took 50 shots... What do u want Murray to do? Fight him for shots?
And you keep defending this clown, what are you? his PR agent? LA is scoring like 40 points per game with good % while this skinny turd is padding rebounds and scoring pennies.

Lol fight for shots, when he can shoot always finds the way to doubt, evade and give a horrible pass that results in a TO costing Spurs games.

duncan2k5
03-25-2018, 07:27 PM
And you keep defending this clown, what are you? his PR agent? LA is scoring like 40 points per game with good % while this skinny turd is padding rebounds and scoring pennies.

Lol fight for shots, when he can shoot always finds the way to doubt, evade and give a horrible pass that results in a TO costing Spurs games.

He had one turnover and led the team in +/-... The guy is a 21 year old second year player... He isn't gonna start fighting LA for points... And what is padding rebounds? Did Jason Kidd pad rebounds? Did Magic? The guy is a great rebounder for his position playing on a team with poor rebounder... Of course he is gonna grab a lot... Only on ST is grabbing rebounds a bad thing... Smh

tholdren
03-25-2018, 07:52 PM
He had one turnover and led the team in +/-... The guy is a 21 year old second year player... He isn't gonna start fighting LA for points... And what is padding rebounds? Did Jason Kidd pad rebounds? Did Magic? The guy is a great rebounder for his position playing on a team with poor rebounder... Of course he is gonna grab a lot... Only on ST is grabbing rebounds a bad thing... Smh

He sucks. Sad you like him and want him to do well bc he sucks. Speaks to the no talent nba

palangi
03-26-2018, 12:51 AM
He sucks. Sad you like him and want him to do well bc he sucks. Speaks to the no talent nba

You don't like Murray?

daslicer
03-26-2018, 01:47 AM
Just saw the highlight of him getting blocked on attempting to tie the game on a 3. Maybe this is his Kobe airball moment. Anyways I'm joking about that. Murray is still super raw. Next year will be a make or break year for him. I'm not expecting to him be star next year but he has to show some significant improvements in his game.

tholdren
03-26-2018, 05:30 PM
Just saw the highlight of him getting blocked on attempting to tie the game on a 3. Maybe this is his Kobe airball moment. Anyways I'm joking about that. Murray is still super raw. Next year will be a make or break year for him. I'm not expecting to him be star next year but he has to show some significant improvements in his game.

Lol then why hyped as a player or drafted if hes super raw? Just proves anyone off the street can go to nba

daslicer
03-26-2018, 06:05 PM
Lol then why hyped as a player or drafted if hes super raw? Just proves anyone off the street can go to nba

Because where the spurs were picking in that draft there is no great prospects available. At number 29 where the spurs were picking most of the time you are not going to find somebody who can help your team so you draft on potential. It's very rare the 29th pick goes on to be a good player.

tholdren
03-26-2018, 06:54 PM
Because where the spurs were picking in that draft there is no great prospects available. At number 29 where the spurs were picking most of the time you are not going to find somebody who can help your team so you draft on potential. It's very rare the 29th pick goes on to be a good player.

Fultz... lol

TimDunkem
03-26-2018, 07:04 PM
Malcolm Brogdon was a better college player, is clearly a more valuable NBA player, wanted to play for the Spurs, and was available at 29.

He was just solid and would be a perfect fit next to Kawhi/LMA. Nothing rare about his game here. Total missed opportunity.

TimDunkem
03-26-2018, 07:12 PM
Fultz... lol

He has 3 assists in about 6 minutes in his first game since October. That's 3 more assists than DJ gets in 30 minutes some nights. :lol

tholdren
03-26-2018, 08:53 PM
He has 3 assists in about 6 minutes in his first game since October. That's 3 more assists than DJ gets in 30 minutes some nights. :lol

Drafted someone NUMBER 1 who needed to sit out a year to fix shot... lol... get any college player to workout for a year they could play in the nba.

Stabula
03-26-2018, 09:06 PM
I think Murray will most likely cap out as an elite role-player but never quite a star

picnroll
03-26-2018, 09:16 PM
... get any college player to workout for a year they could play in the nba.

One of the dumbest comments ever posted on Spurstalk.

tholdren
03-26-2018, 09:51 PM
One of the dumbest comments ever posted on Spurstalk.

Says the guy fooled by espn. Go dunk contest!!

ceds
03-26-2018, 10:06 PM
Says the guy fooled by espn. Go dunk contest!!

firstly i'd like to say you are the dumbest poster here....well maybe ducks but its close.

All i'll agree on is that its not that rare to find someone with higher athletic ability then some NBA players.

Ive got 2 14 year old Sudanese already dunking with 2 hands at helping hoops

tholdren
03-26-2018, 10:10 PM
firstly i'd like to say you are the dumbest poster here....well maybe ducks but its close.

All i'll agree on is that its not that rare to find someone with higher athletic ability then some NBA players.

Ive got 2 14 year old Sudanese already dunking with 2 hands at helping hoops

Lol you pwned and dumb thinking nba is skilled

ceds
03-26-2018, 10:14 PM
The speed the game is played at makes NBA players more skilled even if they don't have Euro League level fundamentals.

tholdren
03-26-2018, 10:17 PM
The speed the game is played at makes NBA players more skilled even if they don't have Euro League fundamentals.

Lololololol speed?

ceds
03-26-2018, 10:18 PM
Lololololol speed?

yes dipshit

NBA is by far the fastest paced level of ball in the world.

Its what separates college & euro players to the big league & is the same reason your argument that any college player can play pro is b/s

tholdren
03-26-2018, 10:54 PM
yes dipshit

NBA is by far the fastest paced level of ball in the world.

Its what separates college & euro players to the big league & is the same reason your argument that any college player can play pro is b/s

Lol you are so simple. Hahahhahahahahhaha

ceds
03-26-2018, 10:58 PM
you either.

- 13 years old troll
- a crack fiend
- mentally challenged / disturbed

probably a combination of the three tbh.....The forum would be a better place without your b/s posts

tholdren
03-26-2018, 11:08 PM
you either.

- 13 years old troll
- a crack fiend
- mentally challenged / disturbed

probably a combination of the three tbh.....The forum would be a better place without your b/s posts

Mellllllttttttt dooooowwnnnnnnnnn

Nba is a product of marketing. You not smart

duncan2k5
03-26-2018, 11:23 PM
Mellllllttttttt dooooowwnnnnnnnnn

Nba is a product of marketing. You not smart

So stop watching... Go away

tholdren
03-27-2018, 03:34 PM
So stop watching... Go away

I will as soon as manu and pop go. Back to ghetto ball and you believing these bums are skilled.

duncan2k5
03-27-2018, 06:15 PM
I will as soon as manu and pop go. Back to ghetto ball and you believing these bums are skilled.

Why wait if it's all manufactured?

tholdren
03-27-2018, 06:19 PM
Why wait if it's all manufactured?

Respect for what has traditionally been a break from the norm

Spurs da champs
03-27-2018, 07:16 PM
Murray has the look of a star but honestly I can see many G league guards putting up similar stats in a starting role.

tholdren
03-27-2018, 07:18 PM
Murray has the look of a star but honestly I can see many G league guards putting up similar stats in a starting role.

He sucks. Hes not a pg. Move to sg where he doesnt have to think and he still sucks

Spurs da champs
03-27-2018, 07:23 PM
Lmao, he's passing up so many good shots, dude lacks confidence rn too.

Mikeanaro
03-27-2018, 10:41 PM
Murray is full of diarrhea.

duncan2k5
03-28-2018, 12:17 AM
He does need to be more aggressive taking it to the rim... He consistently takes less than 10 shots a game... He should be at least 11 shots a game, and driving to the rim a lot more to open things up... I still think he is scared Pop yanks him... Especially after that stunt pop pulled last game

tholdren
03-28-2018, 08:12 AM
He does need to be more aggressive taking it to the rim... He consistently takes less than 10 shots a game... He should be at least 11 shots a game, and driving to the rim a lot more to open things up... I still think he is scared Pop yanks him... Especially after that stunt pop pulled last game

Lol u dumb

Ban

tholdren
03-28-2018, 12:54 PM
Quick steal some rebounds from your teammates. But but but plus minus... lol

tholdren
03-29-2018, 09:20 PM
Bump for fun

duncan2k5
03-29-2018, 09:37 PM
Good game

tholdren
03-29-2018, 09:39 PM
Good game

Lololol you dont understand the game then

Mikeanaro
03-30-2018, 12:33 AM
Dude is trash, had a TO that almost ruin the game again.

MannyIsGod
03-30-2018, 03:14 AM
Anyone who thinks Murray played a bad game should be banned from this site on the basis of stupidity. Dude was a monster locking down Westbrook.

The fact that some of you think he was poor tonight is fucking amazing, honestly. I wouldn't trust y'all to cross a street on your own without getting run over.

duncan2150
03-30-2018, 05:56 AM
Dude is trash, had a TO that almost ruin the game again.

and he had 5 steals and a good defense against Westbrook

people who are complaining about him are a little bit ridiculous, offcourse he has a lot to improve but he's one of the few bright spot of this year. At least you have an active guy who's improving his ballhandling skill....

tholdren
03-30-2018, 08:14 AM
Anyone who thinks Murray played a bad game should be banned from this site on the basis of stupidity. Dude was a monster locking down Westbrook.

The fact that some of you think he was poor tonight is fucking amazing, honestly. I wouldn't trust y'all to cross a street on your own without getting run over.

Lol you are so dumb.

tholdren
03-30-2018, 08:17 AM

This is exactly why you shouldnt post. You have no idea how to break down each play. I already said this was his best game of his career and it was still shitty. You do not understand how the pg position works. Not smart posting. Just bad.

K...
03-30-2018, 08:24 AM
When I run my basketball forum I'm going to pink all the people who complain about defensive players not having value. Murray is right now like old school kawhi. I think his shooting woes can be ironed out if he gets reps. That's all for now.

Raven
03-30-2018, 08:32 AM
He's already among the most disruptive defenders in the league. He's also leading the league in defensive rating, isn't he?

Ocotillo
03-30-2018, 08:43 AM

Good on ya Manny. I hope Murray can mature into a Westbrook type of guard with his length, defense and rebounding. If the kid develops a shot he will be special. Last night was fun to watch.

SAGirl
03-30-2018, 08:52 AM
When I run my basketball forum I'm going to pink all the people who complain about defensive players not having value. Murray is right now like old school kawhi. I think his shooting woes can be ironed out if he gets reps. That's all for now.
Preach!!
There’s a fair amount of posters who do not appreciate defensive players ... DJ is still so young. He will get better. Could have still been in college to begin with...

tholdren
03-30-2018, 09:22 AM
Preach!!
There’s a fair amount of posters who do not appreciate defensive players ... DJ is still so young. He will get better. Could have still been in college to begin with...

Its not about defensive players, its about the pg position. Did he play great on defense. Yep. Did he blow on offense. Yep. Hes like danny green but he cant afford to be terrible on offense because hes the pg. You just dont get it. But then again, you were probably the one that said kyle anderson was "lottery talent" sadly 99 percent of spurstalk agreed...

tholdren
03-30-2018, 09:23 AM
Preach!!

Ironically in game thread i also said it was his best game.... st just not any intelligence here

BD24
03-30-2018, 11:19 AM
Solid game by Murray, did he make mistakes? Sure. He is a second year player though, it’s expected. He played great defense on Westbrook all night, forced a ton of turnovers, and even had a good amount of assist for once.

tholdren
03-30-2018, 11:59 AM
Solid game by Murray, did he make mistakes? Sure. He is a second year player though, it’s expected. He played great defense on Westbrook all night, forced a ton of turnovers, and even had a good amount of assist for once.

Its not expected to not know how to initiate offense, or run as fast break.

Mikeanaro
03-30-2018, 12:30 PM
and he had 5 steals and a good defense against Westbrook

people who are complaining about him are a little bit ridiculous, offcourse he has a lot to improve but he's one of the few bright spot of this year. At least you have an active guy who's improving his ballhandling skill....
I dont think scoring 6 points a game is a bright spot, this is an offensive league, thats what the NBA wants to sell, by grabbing some useless rebounds and some steals against shitty teams wont get us too far.

Mikeanaro
03-30-2018, 12:37 PM
Like that time when Murray gave OKC 3 FTs because he was in the middle of PG and Adams?
Then he had a TO and OKC was trailing by 1 point?

This is an offensive league we are not in 2005 anymore.

Murray is far far away from being a shooter, doesnt even have a 3 pointer.