PDA

View Full Version : Baby Driver - Movie Review!

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Finally got around to seeing this over the weekend. I can see that it definitely would have been cooler in the theater.

But I enjoyed it. Kind of drug on a bit toward the end. But very well done. When I saw the previews, I didn't think that kid was a good choice but it turned out he was pretty great in the role.
Great supporting cast as well.

8/10

Fabbs
03-06-2018, 03:09 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269400&highlight=Baby+Driver

Thread started on this by beanerfactor a year ago.

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 04:08 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269400&highlight=Baby+Driver

Thread started on this by beanerfactor a year ago.

I just watched the movie this last weekend.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2018, 04:36 PM
shitty ending to that movie, tbh, unlike "Get Out"

I wanted the ending where he and Deborah made it out of the country and lived happily ever after, giving the finger to the damn US

SpursforSix
03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
shitty ending to that movie, tbh, unlike "Get Out"

I wanted the ending where he and Deborah made it out of the country and lived happily ever after, giving the finger to the damn US

Yeah...it was a pretty soft ending. But I don't know that the ending made much difference. I was sort of expecting them to give it the gas and die in a car explosion or be shot through the windows.
The idea that he only got 7 years (or was it 5?) due to character witnesses is kind of ridiculous. And he wouldn't have gone to any low security prison. He would have been brutally raped and likely would have ended up
with HIV. But that would have been a weird ending.

UNT Eagles 2016
03-06-2018, 05:47 PM
Yeah...it was a pretty soft ending. But I don't know that the ending made much difference. I was sort of expecting them to give it the gas and die in a car explosion or be shot through the windows.
The idea that he only got 7 years (or was it 5?) due to character witnesses is kind of ridiculous. And he wouldn't have gone to any low security prison. He would have been brutally raped and likely would have ended up
with HIV. But that would have been a weird ending.
yeah, in real life he either pretty much had to have left the US permanently, or get caught and get butt raped and be essentially a lifer

Monostradamus
03-06-2018, 06:33 PM
in real life, in Georgia, he's getting the death penalty :lol

Blake
03-07-2018, 11:33 AM
Hated the way Jamie Foxx went out. Hated the ending too.

Everything else was solid. Car chase scenes were the best I've seen in a very long time

Trill Clinton
03-07-2018, 12:49 PM
The movie is okay. I give it a 7/10. Some of the acting was just way too over the top for me.