PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Canelo v GGG II

UZER
03-06-2018, 05:39 PM
Tainted?

Down Under
03-06-2018, 05:52 PM
ah fuck, I was really looking forward to this after great first fight.

phxspurfan
03-06-2018, 08:20 PM
taint

Mitch
03-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Didn't even need to read about it to know he took clen, guy has terrible conditioning and probably used it many times to keep up with training.

I wouldn't say it's tainted, it's not like he took test. A ped is a ped to the boxing community though, it might hurt the fight happening.

UZER
03-06-2018, 09:05 PM
Didn't even need to read about it to know he took clen, guy has terrible conditioning and probably used it many times to keep up with training.

I wouldn't say it's tainted, it's not like he took test. A ped is a ped to the boxing community though, it might hurt the fight happening.

I've always noticed he fades late in fights and starts punching less and less. He just seems to have so many coasting points with minimal output.

It's why I've always said he lacks that killer go for broke instinct, and I've just never been able to fully be on board with him.

Mitch
03-06-2018, 09:32 PM
I've always noticed he fades late in fights and starts punching less and less. He just seems to have so many coasting points with minimal output.

It's why I've always said he lacks that killer go for broke instinct, and I've just never been able to fully be on board with him.

He's got an 8 round gas tank, after that he likes to lean into the ropes and rely on haymakers to stay competitive. I like the guy as a fighter, he just needs to adopt a less active style to fit his stamina.

UZER
03-06-2018, 09:49 PM
He's got an 8 round gas tank, after that he likes to lean into the ropes and rely on haymakers to stay competitive. I like the guy as a fighter, he just needs to adopt a less active style to fit his stamina.

Yeah I don't dislike him. I just think he plays it safe way too much. It's the first thing I noticed from way back when he was just starting in the states. Probably due to the stamina issue. Just lacks that Mexican go for broke style when needed. I've seen very few glimpses, but he immediately reverts back.

Seems like a cool dude overall though.

Spurtacular
03-07-2018, 12:05 AM
Canelo don't move the needle for me, anyways. I know some of ya'll are fans I guess.

Stabula
03-07-2018, 02:27 AM
You cats saying Canelo loses steam late in the fight but in Alvarez vs Golovkin 1 he won the last three rounds

whitemamba
03-07-2018, 02:35 AM
GGG walked through canelos shots all night the first fight, I wanna see canelo do more fighting and less running.

lebomb
03-07-2018, 07:47 AM
GGG won the first fight period. I dont know what yall mufawkus was lookin at.

hater
03-07-2018, 08:29 AM
Scrub vs scrub

:lol todays boxing

spurraider21
03-07-2018, 12:06 PM
:lmao "tainting" a sport run by a bunch of shithead corrupt judges

Down Under
03-07-2018, 06:21 PM
Why would you stand there and exchange with a bigger opponent when you can move around and hit him with cleaner counter punches.

The Gemini Method
03-07-2018, 06:42 PM
So then I'll just have to part with DACA recipients on Cinco De Mayo?

Stabula
03-08-2018, 05:13 AM
Why would you stand there and exchange with a bigger opponent when you can move around and hit him with cleaner counter punches.

Exactly. These fools who say Golovkin clearly won are casuals who don't know anything about the judging or scoring of a boxing match. While Byrd's card was clearly absurd (:lol female judges) I saw a draw. Golovkin came out slow really respecting Alvarez and gave up the first three rounds, Golovkin was strong for the next six and looked dominant, but Alvarez stayed in the fight by showering him with fast hands and good footwork in the last three rounds.

dfens
03-08-2018, 02:46 PM
back in my day we had real coked up niggas like mike tyson, going tribal with each other in the ring.

Mitch
03-08-2018, 07:02 PM

Ask that to Mayweather detractors like lakersbesteva tbh

Clipper Nation
03-08-2018, 07:06 PM
All the casuals whined and cried when GOATweather built a career out of doing just that.

Down Under
03-08-2018, 08:28 PM
All the casuals whined and cried when GOATweather built a career out of doing just that.
Moronic. He wasn't necessarily always bigger, but why bother exchanging when you've got electric evasive skills & timing and can just tag anyone anytime you do that.

Down Under
03-08-2018, 08:30 PM
Ask that to Mayweather detractors like lakersbesteva tbh
People just need to sit down and watch the entire Mayweather Canelo tbh. I've never seen anyone take another really good fighter to pieces like that with unbelievable evasion & counterpunching. Scorecard should've been a shutout, Canelo didn't win any rounds.

dabom
03-09-2018, 03:03 AM
GGG got fucked the first fight. Face all swollen. :lol

Canelo looked like he took a photo shoot earlier. :lol

Stabula
03-09-2018, 03:41 AM
back in my day we had real coked up niggas like mike tyson, going tribal with each other in the ring.

There weren't any other niggas like Iron Mike. He was one of a kind, we'll never see such a dominant force in the sport again. In his prime, before Cus died, Mike Tyson was the greatest boxer of all time, he would have knocked out Ali in the 5th.

dfens
03-09-2018, 11:59 AM
There weren't any other niggas like Iron Mike. He was one of a kind, we'll never see such a dominant force in the sport again. In his prime, before Cus died, Mike Tyson was the greatest boxer of all time, he would have knocked out Ali in the 5th.

son all I can say is that that nigga tyson was absolutely fucking savage tbh :wow:wow:wow:wow

webshad
04-03-2018, 02:47 PM
Canelo the cheater just withdrew, no more fight. Canceled.

No wonder why Canelo looked strong in the first fight.

Stupid cheater.

UZER
04-03-2018, 03:17 PM
:rolleyes

Mitch
04-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Canelo the cheater just withdrew, no more fight. Canceled.

No wonder why Canelo looked strong in the first fight.

Stupid cheater.

He took clen, just helps him make weight and increase his gas tank man. It's cheating still, I suppose, but not as bad as people taking test and anabolics.

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 06:08 PM
He took clen, just helps him make weight and increase his gas tank man. It's cheating still, I suppose, but not as bad as people taking test and anabolics.

fight should've happen anyway. GGG was scurredeh I saidd

Mitch
04-03-2018, 07:29 PM
fight should've happen anyway. GGG was scurredeh I saidd

Canelo was scared to get banned, tbh :lol

Fight goes on, commission investigates, he loses 2 years of his prime at least from a ban.

dabom
04-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Biggest loser is GGG. Dude needs the cash. :lol

phxspurfan
04-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Canelo was scared to get banned, tbh :lol

Fight goes on, commission investigates, he loses 2 years of his prime at least from a ban.

So the fight happens in September or whatever bc he isn't banned? He just stops doping

Mitch
04-03-2018, 09:53 PM
So the fight happens in September or whatever bc he isn't banned? He just stops doping

The fight needs to be arranged again, probably going to need to re-start a training camp. Golovkin will probably have more room to negotiate, he'll surely ask for more testing and other stuff.

UZER
04-03-2018, 10:24 PM
The fight needs to be arranged again, probably going to need to re-start a training camp. Golovkin will probably have more room to negotiate, he'll surely ask for more testing and other stuff.

And Golovkin keeps getting older.

Mitch
04-03-2018, 10:43 PM
And Golovkin keeps getting older.

Just a few months older at most, boxing can't afford losing a superfight.

UZER
04-03-2018, 10:44 PM
Just a few months older at most, boxing can't afford losing a superfight.

At his age, at any moment you can fall off.

webshad
04-03-2018, 10:57 PM
GGG got fucked the first fight. Face all swollen. :lol

Canelo looked like he took a photo shoot earlier. :lol

:lol Spoke too soon. Now the world knows.

webshad
04-03-2018, 11:24 PM
Hopefully, we get those coward UK fighters to fight the WBC champs.

I want GGG vs Saunders.

And everyone wants Wilder vs Joshua.

Frigen UK fighters, once they get a belt, that's it, they never want to leave the UK.

That asshole Adonis Stevenson is doing the same now, that's why I liked Pascal, he took risk and fought people.

Mitch
04-03-2018, 11:40 PM
At his age, at any moment you can fall off.

That really just matters to the audience, us. Their "rivalry" has an expiration date on it, so it shouldn't be long until the fight happens

StrengthAndHonor
04-04-2018, 12:44 AM
I’m actually more excited to see Pacquiao and Matthysse. Someone is going down in that fight. Lucas by KO in 5 rounds.