PDA

View Full Version : Manu and Tony closing out a game in 2011

SAGirl
03-07-2018, 09:59 AM
Honestly... don't ask me how I found this. I was looking for some Lamarcus Aldridge recent blocks and instead came across this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li0L7nNWF_Q

First of all, Tony and Manu playing with alleged bigs Dejuan Blair (6'7" ball of lard with no hops anymore) and Jefferson... (turd towers?)... :lol I think even now, the team has better bigs than that. Then Bonner, then Nando (#23?) throwing a pass out of bounds when inbounding the ball in the clutch... Tony and Manu both having B2B TO in the clutch...

It has given me new perspective on this season tbh.

P.S. cameo appearance by Fatty in Portland bench. :lol

K...
03-07-2018, 10:34 AM
Gotta pin this. It's hilarious. Looks like they ran out of steam on the road.

Dex
03-07-2018, 10:37 AM
Honestly... don't ask me how I found this. I was looking for some Lamarcus Aldridge recent blocks and instead came across this.

First of all, Tony and Manu playing with alleged bigs Dejuan Blair (6'7" ball of lard with no hops anymore) and Jefferson... (turd towers?)... :lol I think even now, the team has better bigs than that. Then Bonner, then Nando (#23?) throwing a pass out of bounds when inbounding the ball in the clutch... Tony and Manu both having B2B TO in the clutch...

I can't believe you've done this.

I still remember this fucking game. #23 was Steve Novak, and that had to be one of the worst inbound passes I've ever seen.

SAGirl
03-07-2018, 12:35 PM
:lol
Sorry, Dex I never watched this game and making you re-live "gutless worms" performances wasn't my intention.
I found it by accident and it was crystal clear a series of blunders the likes of which are currently happening recently so it gave me a new perspective. It even softened a little bit the harsh criticism on Spurs youngsters.

timtonymanu
03-07-2018, 01:05 PM
You think that’s bad, Dex. I was there live.

Dex
03-07-2018, 06:23 PM
You think that’s bad, Dex. I was there live.

Oof. :bang That must have been one solemn walk out to the parking lot.

phxspurfan
03-07-2018, 07:33 PM

lol fatass blair giving up driving layups to 40 year old Andre Miller

phxspurfan
03-07-2018, 07:36 PM
:lol 2:14 Turd Towers Blair/Bonner trying to block shots at the rim, getting all air and like half a second late

Leetonidas
03-07-2018, 07:44 PM
What a meltdown. Why did you have to remind me of this :lol

SAGirl
03-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Double post.

SAGirl
03-07-2018, 07:55 PM
lol fatass blair giving up driving layups to 40 year old Andre Miller
I couldn't believe Pop would play him while having Tiago in the team.

Frankly the only reason I shared this was, I have a recent frame of reference of the team being dominant and maybe I have been too harsh with the Spurs youngsters making a mistake here or there in 4th Q. In reality the standard should be tougher for the veterans but regardless if just really gave me perspective on this season.

In addition it gave me perspective on Pop coaching too. (Blair instead of Tiago for example).

Proxy
03-07-2018, 08:49 PM
https://78.media.tumblr.com/7e1bf49afec2a084833bc1885e3d24df/tumblr_p3jgwvUwGV1wvuif9o1_500.gif

Leetonidas
03-07-2018, 09:43 PM
The Spurs were 61-21 in 2011 and 50-9 at some point iirc tho...while we all knew they were paper tigers, at least they were mostly enjoyable to watch. this team is just painful to witness in so many ways right now

spurs1990
03-07-2018, 10:06 PM
The Spurs were 61-21 in 2011 and 50-9 at some point iirc tho...while we all knew they were paper tigers, at least they were mostly enjoyable to watch. this team is just painful to witness in so many ways right now

I loved that season up until the Memphis loss.

They weren't expected to do anything following two disappointing seasons in 2009 and 2010.
Parker at one point stated in an interview before this season that the Spurs days of contending were over.

So what happens. Only a ridiculous 38-6 start to the season and continued domination for most of the regular season.

Your Houston Rockets are sitting at 50-13 today and look unbeatable. The 2011 Spure were 57-13 at one point!
And remember Manu Ginobili was injured during one of the final regular season games. That ultimately cost them vs Memphis (who tanked a game to drop to 8th seed to face SA).

And of course as an epilogue... This season laid the groundwork for the Leonard trade, followed by three consecutive WCF appearances, two Finals, and a title.

And then a 67 win season in 2016 followed by 61 wins and a WCF appearance where they were up 23 points in the 3rd qt.

2011 was great.

phxspurfan
03-07-2018, 10:31 PM
I loved that season up until the Memphis loss.

They weren't expected to do anything following two disappointing seasons in 2009 and 2010.
Parker at one point stated in an interview before this season that the Spurs days of contending were over.

So what happens. Only a ridiculous 38-6 start to the season and continued domination for most of the regular season.

Your Houston Rockets are sitting at 50-13 today and look unbeatable. The 2011 Spure were 57-13 at one point!
And remember Manu Ginobili was injured during one of the final regular season games. That ultimately cost them vs Memphis (who tanked a game to drop to 8th seed to face SA).

And of course as an epilogue... This season laid the groundwork for the Leonard trade, followed by three consecutive WCF appearances, two Finals, and a title.

And then a 67 win season in 2016 followed by 61 wins and a WCF appearance where they were up 23 points in the 3rd qt.

2011 was great.

Stupid to think they were done with that roster. The big 3 + lots of decent pieces. If they only reloaded mid season with some good shooters and played better lineups. Sticking with guys like Bonner and Blair cost them rings.

Spurtacular
03-07-2018, 10:57 PM
Portland announcers way too excited for a regular season game, tbh.

UZER
03-07-2018, 11:00 PM
Portland guy knew his team pretty well. Bill and still can’t figure Pop out. :lol

Budkin
03-07-2018, 11:56 PM
That was part of that horrible 6 game tailspin after an amazing season. Then we got 8.

ElNono
03-08-2018, 12:12 AM
lmfao @ Bonner closing games... dark era of them Spurs