PDA

View Full Version : Top Offseason Priority: Resigning Kyle Anderson?

Spurtacular
03-10-2018, 06:23 PM
This gonna be the top offseason priority?

Leetonidas
03-10-2018, 06:24 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

BillMc
03-10-2018, 06:35 PM
I'd like to see Kyle back.

BatManu20
03-10-2018, 06:46 PM
Retaining Kawhi* tbh.

Spurtacular
03-10-2018, 06:55 PM
Retaining Kawhi* tbh.

Kawhi already under contract for next season.

BatManu20
03-10-2018, 06:58 PM
Kawhi already under contract for next season.

Right, but I obviously mean getting him to sign on the dotted line of that SuperMax. Otherwise, he's being traded.

SAGirl
03-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Retaining Kawhi* tbh.
^ #1 priority
-----
Then, of course I'd like to see Kyle back.

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Just when you thought OP couldn't be more of a flaming faggot :lmao

Spurtacular
03-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Right, but I obviously mean getting him to sign on the dotted line of that SuperMax. Otherwise, he's being traded.

Not necessarily. Kawhi has a player option for the following season.

SpursforSix
03-10-2018, 07:07 PM
:pop: Sorry Kyle, I've already given your money to Paddy and Pau.

SAGirl
03-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Yup that's what I am afraid of. Can't blame him if he wants to get paid.

Hoops Czar
03-10-2018, 07:42 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Nathan89
03-10-2018, 07:48 PM

Add Green to that apology letter as well tbh. An ever growing list of reasons why Patty was an awful signing.:pctoss

Hoops Czar
03-10-2018, 07:48 PM

He'd be retarded to sign a SuperMax deal with this roster. He needs to make RC and Pop sweat for their lives and force them to make changes or he should go somewhere where the FO isn't handicapped by loyalty and culture. He shouldn't be forced to play out his prime years playing for a mediocre team with no shot at a championship.

pad300
03-10-2018, 07:52 PM
I don't think so.

Obviously, there is a more important strategic issue in Kawhi's supermax extension. After that, Kyle's on a roughly 6.5 Million cap hold, which just isn't all that big. Therefore, Parker, $23 million cap hold, needs to be dealt with first thing. Danny would also be a higher priority with a $15 million caphold.

Further, look at how they have handled restricted FA's in the past - they have said go ahead, try and get yourself the best contract you can, and we will match if we think it's worth it. Given I expect him to get something MLE-ish ($8.5 million), his cap hold is actually less than his new contract, the spurs might be better off leaving it to the end of their business...

99 Problems
03-10-2018, 08:02 PM
The gift from UCLA is staying righere to lift the LO’B with Kawhi and Patty. :lobt2:

cd021
03-10-2018, 08:53 PM
Love to have Warrior killer back tbh. May Get squeezed in RFA but could see a 4 year deal between $32-36 million which is a fair price tbh.

cd021
03-10-2018, 09:04 PM

Yup that's what I am afraid of. Can't blame him if he wants to get paid.

Add Green to that apology letter as well tbh. An ever growing list of reasons why Patty was an awful signing.:pctoss

Think Green is definitely the player more likely to be on he outs-which is a direct result of 50Mill$. Anderson should be fairly affordable given RFA has become so team friendly. Green seems to be out to get his after hiring a new agent.

ElNono
03-10-2018, 09:17 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/2ept7eRuyq98s/giphy.gif

SASdynasty!
03-10-2018, 09:41 PM
He'd be retarded to sign a SuperMax deal with this roster. He needs to make RC and Pop sweat for their lives and force them to make changes or he should go somewhere where the FO isn't handicapped by loyalty and culture. He shouldn't be forced to play out his prime years playing for a mediocre team with no shot at a championship.
Loyalty isn’t the problem here. We were just fine with Parker and Green starting and Anderson playing limited minutes. This new experiment is worse than us just tanking.

tholdren
03-10-2018, 09:47 PM
I'd like to see Kyle back.

Ditto

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2018, 11:32 PM
I've been a big fan for years, he's by far the 3rd best player on this team(which is sad, tbh:lol )..I wish he could shoot, then he would be a better Joe Ingles, but you can't have everything..

I could definitely see him wanting to go elsewhere, though, I don't see why he would want to remain with the Spurs..he won't be starting for SA with Kawhi back next season + as Gay gets older, Pop will want to increase his playing time..

HI-FI
03-10-2018, 11:37 PM
since we’re fucked maybe Spurs should put together the most cosmopolitan, eurofag team possible until those contracts run out. Pop could show off his System and talk politics while we tank.

SAGirl
03-10-2018, 11:45 PM
I've been a big fan for years, he's by far the 3rd best player on this team(which is sad, tbh:lol )..I wish he could shoot, then he would be a better Joe Ingles, but you can't have everything..

I could definitely see him wanting to go elsewhere, though, I don't see why he would want to remain with the Spurs..he won't be starting for SA with Kawhi back next season + as Gay gets older, Pop will want to increase his playing time..
:lol You are spot on.

I have thought most season he definitely isn't coming back. I am less sure now than b4, bc Pop has shown a lot of belief in him. But with Kiwi back he will hardly play so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he just wants to play elsewhere (kinda like JSimms did). I also thought the Spurs don't really want to pay him so I would not be surprised at all if he plays elsewhere next season.

Kinda wonder about Danny getting benched for Patty, I would not want to come back either if I am him. It's possible with Kawhi back Danny goes back to starting but between this benching and the trade rumors starting to think Danny is gone too.

TheGreatYacht
03-10-2018, 11:46 PM
This scrub moves the needle to contention about as much as a breeze off a fart does.

Anything over 3M/yr is overpaying....

HarlemHeat37
03-10-2018, 11:48 PM

I have thought most season he definitely isn't coming back. I am less sure now than b4, bc Pop has shown a lot of belief in him. But with Kiwi back he will hardly play so it wouldn't surprise me at all if he just wants to play elsewhere (kinda like JSimms did). I also thought the Spurs don't really want to pay him so I would not be surprised at all if he plays elsewhere next season.

Kinda wonder about Danny getting benched for Patty, I would not want to come back either if I am him. It's possible with Kawhi back Danny goes back to starting but between this benching and the trade rumors starting to think Danny is gone too.

Well, his return is up to the Spurs, since they control his fate, but Pop would probably let him go if he wanted to go elsewhere, even as a RFA..

I'd be very, very surprised if Green returns, tbh, I definitely think he's out(he's one of my favorite Spurs ever, but I'd let him go and I think he'll want to leave, anyways)..

TimDunkem
03-11-2018, 12:05 AM
I'd be very, very surprised if Green returns, tbh, I definitely think he's out(he's one of my favorite Spurs ever, but I'd let him go

":cry But...but...NBA All-Defense :cry"

spursistan
03-11-2018, 08:16 AM

There is this one doe :wow..

SAGirl
03-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Yup. . The Spurs aren’t going to be a good team if their best player impact wise is Kyle Anderson. It’s more an indictment on everyone else than himself.

r0drig0lac
03-11-2018, 08:41 AM
Yup. . The Spurs aren’t going to be a good team if their best player impact wise is Kyle Anderson. It’s more an indictment on everyone else than himself.

exactly, Kyle as good as he is, he's just a role player (maybe elite) with clear limitations, he should have no more statistical impact or in eye test than guys like Danny, Manu, Mills, Gasol, etc.

TD 21
03-11-2018, 04:36 PM
It has to be getting Leonard to sign the super max, followed by getting Green re-signed.

Anderson is a decent player in a vacuum, but as soft and awkward a fit as ever. Not good enough to be ball dominant, not a good enough shooter (worse, an extremely reluctant one) to play off ball. Not helping matters is the lack of shooting at point guard, which means when he plays, the spacing is tight.

DPG21920
03-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Kyle should be a priority. He is exactly the type of young-ish player you need in today’s nba. Versatile and can impact the games in many ways.

TheGreatYacht
03-11-2018, 04:56 PM
Kyle should be a priority. He is exactly the type of young-ish player you need in today’s nba. Versatile and can impact the games in many ways.
:lol

Chris
03-11-2018, 05:00 PM

Kyle deserves to get paid. He will be starting for a random team in the Eastern Conference this time next year - bet.

TheGreatYacht
03-27-2018, 08:33 PM
I'd really love to have such a shitty understanding of the game that I see this useless non-factor waddle around the court and think "wow, that guy is important to our championship aspirations"

Spurstalk and it's love for scrubs :lol Tiago and his screens passed the torch

8FOR!3
03-27-2018, 08:55 PM
Kyle needs to put on some muscle and become a dominant post player like Bobo or Jabari Parker

TimDunkem
03-27-2018, 08:57 PM
Kyle needs to put on some muscle and become a dominant post player like Bobo or Jabari Parker

He doesn't have it in him to be dominant. Guy barely wants to shoot wide open shots in a shooter's league.

DeRozan m8
03-27-2018, 09:14 PM
I'd really love to have such a shitty understanding of the game that I see this useless non-factor waddle around the court and think "wow, that guy is important to our championship aspirations"

Spurstalk and it's love for scrubs :lol Tiago and his screens passed the torch

Tell me about it.

Could see from day 1 it was not going to work.

He's slow and way too average - at best.

MaNu4Tres
03-27-2018, 09:25 PM
If only Spurs could morph Bertans and Kyle into one player.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-27-2018, 09:27 PM
I think the question is, how much will a team be willing to spend on him?

Contracts are so outrageous now that I can't even speculate. Under typical contracts from 3 years ago I'd have him tagged at $4M to $5M per. Now I have no idea...probably $12M per season.

TheGreatYacht
03-27-2018, 09:29 PM

Contracts are so outrageous now that I can't even speculate. 3 years ago I'd have him tagged at $4M to $5M per. Now I have no idea...probably $12M per season.
That would be the end of this franchise. He's hardly worth half that. Don't care if the worst stat of all time, BPM, says otherwise.

SAGirl
03-27-2018, 09:30 PM
Tough to say bc the market has really tapped out with overspending on roleplayers the last couple of season and now teams don't have cap. I used to think he wouldn't be back but I have changed my tune.

Nathan89
03-27-2018, 09:30 PM

Contracts are so outrageous now that I can't even speculate. 3 years ago I'd have him tagged at $4M to $5M per. Now I have no idea...probably $12M per season.

If we use Patty's contract as a measuring stick then that can't be too far off.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-27-2018, 09:31 PM
That would be the end of this franchise.

No move our FO could make would surprise me after the Pau Mills back-to-back moonshots from last summer.

TheGreatYacht
03-27-2018, 09:32 PM
If we use Patty's contract as a measuring stick then that can't be too far off.
Albatross contract. Teams aren't throwing 20M/yr contracts at Yan Mahinmi because the Knicks gave that to Noah. Unfortunately, RC didn't think one was enough last offseason.

rastaspur
03-27-2018, 10:04 PM
If r.c. offers him 10 mil or something then fans should go purge pafto that weekend.

Id join the lynch mob but im out of state.....

ElNono
03-27-2018, 10:16 PM
hopefully once the Spurs extend Manu this summer, he gets the message and GTFO...