PDA

View Full Version : I hate to be that guy, but . . .

TD 21
03-11-2018, 04:10 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265078

I was a year early, but saw it coming all the same . . .

Last season, they continued to trend in the opposite direction from the majority of the league, only to be saved by the lack of elite teams, Leonard's continued ascent and defense. This season, I don't even think him, who is obviously unlikely to be in or probably near peak form for the remainder of the season, saves them.

The damage has been done to their psyche and chemistry. Green and Ginobili, in particular, can no longer hide their disgust in game.

The danger is them coming out of this season and doubling down on this team/style because of this misguided notion of needing to re-build their "corporate knowledge". If not significant personnel changes, they at least need to do what the Raptors termed a "culture reset" after last season. Play maker or not, they have to move away from this slow, post up/mid ranger heavy, 3 phobic offense.

dabom
03-11-2018, 04:13 PM
They went to the WCFs and lost when Kawhi went down. Of course you're a dumbass faggot, OP. :lmao

TD 21
03-11-2018, 04:46 PM
:lmao At thinking they had a chance in that series, acting as if they're the only team that has battled significant injuries and being a lowlife scumbag, spending damn near every waking moment on a basketball message board not talking basketball.

daslicer
03-11-2018, 04:50 PM
They went to the WCFs and lost when Kawhi went down. Of course you're a dumbass faggot, OP. :lmao

Pretty much this. The team was healthy last year and had good chemistry. Totally different scenario.

Chinook
03-11-2018, 05:00 PM
I mean, sure. This is like calling "tails" on a coin flip and then bragging when it comes up tails after seven straight times of it being heads.

Pavlov
03-11-2018, 05:11 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265078

I was a year early, but saw it coming all the same . . .

Last season, they continued to trend in the opposite direction from the majority of the league, only to be saved by the lack of elite teams, Leonard's continued ascent and defense. This season, I don't even think him, who is obviously unlikely to be in or probably near peak form for the remainder of the season, saves them.

The damage has been done to their psyche and chemistry. Green and Ginobili, in particular, can no longer hide their disgust in game.

The danger is them coming out of this season and doubling down on this team/style because of this misguided notion of needing to re-build their "corporate knowledge". If not significant personnel changes, they at least need to do what the Raptors termed a "culture reset" after last season. Play maker or not, they have to move away from this slow, post up/mid ranger heavy, 3 phobic offense.Come on.

You love being that guy.

dabom
03-11-2018, 05:15 PM
Come on.

You love being that guy.

Funny thing about "that guy", he's always fucking wrong too. :lol

Spurtacular
03-11-2018, 05:17 PM
I was wrong, but I was right.

:lol

ceds
03-11-2018, 06:02 PM

:claw

TD 21
03-11-2018, 06:06 PM
:lmao You rose colored glasses wearers are too easy.

I'm right far more than I'm wrong and there's a difference between predicting they won't or can't win a championship and another difference between that and saying they're done.

K...
03-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Anyone who looked at the schedule knew this would happen. LMA is great but the karma from Lenard not coming back had an obvious psychological toll.

Arcadian
03-11-2018, 10:03 PM
At least we made it to 2018 before it got to this point.

I remember people on this forum (probably OP) back in 2011 saying their contending days were over.

You didn't see that mid-decade revival coming, did you?

barbacoataco
03-11-2018, 10:49 PM
At least we made it to 2018 before it got to this point.

I remember people on this forum (probably OP) back in 2011 saying their contending days were over.

You didn't see that mid-decade revival coming, did you?

Very true. We've been in bonus time for several years now, and this year the wheels fell off.

dabom
03-11-2018, 10:53 PM
Did this guy have the same shtick before 2014? :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-11-2018, 11:35 PM
The Spurs were the second best team in basketball a year ago.

This might end up being a throw away year, but if they could change a couple of pieces in the off season they're right back in it.

I wouldn't say they're done...just temporarily out-of-order.

Keepin' it real
03-11-2018, 11:44 PM

This might end up being a throw away year, but if they could change a couple of pieces in the off season they're right back in it.

Be that as it may ... I demand excellence!!

daslicer
03-12-2018, 12:02 AM

The Spurs situation reminds me of the Pacers in 96-97. The Pacers were an elite team heading into that season but lost Rik Smits for 30 games due to injury along with giving up Mark Jackson in a trade for Jalen Rose. Eventually they the got Jackson back in a trade along with Smits but it still wasn't enough for them to get into the playoffs that year. They added Chris Mullins during the summer and ended up losing a close series against the Bulls in the ECF. Spurs can still be an elite team again if they can resolve the Kawhi situation.

spurs10
03-12-2018, 12:26 AM
Spurs falling out of the playoffs will be temporary. It sure would be nice to be above 7 and it’s possible. The only question will be how long will it take to get Kawhi to the level he can play 30 minutes.

phxspurfan
03-12-2018, 12:33 AM
if they could change a couple of pieces

A couple of pieces...you mean the whole roster

r0drig0lac
03-12-2018, 06:31 AM

more like 60% of the roster

acoelho1
03-12-2018, 06:59 AM
I didn’t realize the season was over and other than the Warriors & Rockets, no one else is setting the world on fire. This same team blew out the Rockets without Kawhi in an elimination game. If the Spurs can get fully healthy and in sync, we can beat anyone. It’s amazing how people think they are smarter than an all time great coach and GM. It’s scary to think if Spurs decisions were made by Spurstalk polls, we would be a thousand times in worse shape.

UZER
03-12-2018, 07:16 AM
A couple of pieces...you mean the whole roster

more like 60% of the roster

Yup. Everyone except Kawhi, Patty and Pau.

:pop:

K...
03-12-2018, 08:43 AM
I didn’t realize the season was over and other than the Warriors & Rockets, no one else is setting the world on fire. This same team blew out the Rockets without Kawhi in an elimination game. If the Spurs can get fully healthy and in sync, we can beat anyone. It’s amazing how people think they are smarter than an all time great coach and GM. It’s scary to think if Spurs decisions were made by Spurstalk polls, we would be a thousand times in worse shape.

They won't though,

TheGreatYacht
03-12-2018, 09:09 AM
Go back to Reddit you estrogen filled faggot.

benefactor
03-12-2018, 12:13 PM
Did this guy have the same shtick before 2014? :lol
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226844

:lol tbh

rjv
03-12-2018, 12:17 PM
the guy who is always that guy stating he doesn't want to be that guy.

acoelho1
03-12-2018, 12:23 PM
Go back to Reddit you estrogen filled faggot.

What is wrong with you? Always amazed at people hiding behind the anonymity of the internet. Good job.

Proxy
03-12-2018, 12:47 PM
your popularity points are waiting for you on reddit

JFK
03-12-2018, 01:10 PM

I agree with this.

NO way the Spurs are done, as in Phoenix Suns shitty bad and done. The NBA is such a horrible top-heavy league now they are still in it and a few pieces away from contending. This team needs to get rid of useless players that are eating up cap space.

The front office might feel nobody wants to come here, so they overpay guys and hope they pan out. They'll probably try to win through the draft or bring some Euros back here like Milutinov.

They get Leonard back then they might have somewhat of a chance if he is as great as we think he is.

The short is, the NBA has a lot of horrible teams now and this has been a throwaway year. I hope soon they can throw away Mills and Gasol. That would be a nice start, but this front office is freaking liable to do something idiotic like overpay Danny Green to some awful deal that costs them later.

TimDunkem
03-12-2018, 01:17 PM
your popularity points are waiting for you on reddit

They would downvote him for not giving the Spurs the best odds of winning the title this season, tbh.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-12-2018, 02:00 PM
They would downvote him for not giving the Spurs the best odds of winning the title this season, tbh.
Pounding the Cock will appreciate his commentary as well

dabom
03-12-2018, 02:02 PM

Well I'll be. :lol

DAF86
03-12-2018, 02:24 PM
After OP said "this team is done" the Spurs went on to make the WCF. Just saying.

Arcadian
03-12-2018, 02:47 PM
After OP said "this team is done" the Spurs went on to make the WCF. Just saying.

After people said the team was done in 2011:

-4 WCF appearances
-2 Finals appearances
-1 championship (1 rebound away from b2b chips)

...in a 6 year span. Nobody saw that coming.

Darius Bieber
03-12-2018, 02:50 PM
Yeah, all the Spurs homer faggots moved to Reddit because they can’t fathom how shit this team really is and can’t take it when people call them out for it. It’s just a giant circle jerk over there, where you can’t disagree with anything Pop does or says. Even though Pop is the worst coach in the league.

Proxy
03-12-2018, 02:52 PM

just make some meme joke and break even

coachmac87
03-12-2018, 03:09 PM
Yeah, all the Spurs homer faggots moved to Reddit because they can’t fathom how shit this team really is and can’t take it when people call them out for it. It’s just a giant circle jerk over there, where you can’t disagree with anything Pop does or says. Even though Pop is the worst coach in the league.

You watch every Spurs game...yet you hate everything about them..

You’re the faggot

spurraider21
03-12-2018, 03:11 PM
oh look, RJ 24 slitting his wrists. hold the presses.

DAF86
03-12-2018, 03:14 PM
After people said the team was done in 2011:

-4 WCF appearances
-2 Finals appearances
-1 championship (1 rebound away from b2b chips)

...in a 6 year span. Nobody saw that coming.

Last year everybody saw the Spurs making the WCF, except for OP apparently.

TD 21
03-12-2018, 03:35 PM

:lmao By that logic, the '07 Jazz, '13 Grizzlies, '15 Rockets and every ECF opponent James has faced this decade, were contenders.

I didn't think the Spurs would reach the WCF, but I never said they couldn't. A lot of media and posters agreed with this.

sananspursfan21
03-12-2018, 03:41 PM

This. Our guys will be back

spurraider21
03-12-2018, 03:49 PM
:lmao By that logic, the '07 Jazz, '13 Grizzlies, '15 Rockets and every ECF opponent James has faced this decade, were contenders.

I didn't think the Spurs would reach the WCF, but I never said they couldn't. A lot of media and posters agreed with this.
i'd say if you're in the final 4 you're contending tbh. just because you perform poorly once you get there doesn't take that away. otherwise we could say stupid things like the 2002 nets or 2007 cavs werent really contenders because they got swept

JuneJive
03-12-2018, 03:58 PM
Let's talk some more about that Mills deal, yeah, or the Gasol one...

We all need to be reminded of it almost every single day, like the rest of us plebs are unaware of the real issues regarding the team.

Jesus...

TD 21
03-12-2018, 04:05 PM
i'd say if you're in the final 4 you're contending tbh. just because you perform poorly once you get there doesn't take that away. otherwise we could say stupid things like the 2002 nets or 2007 cavs werent really contenders because they got swept

:lmao The NBA isn't like the other leagues. You can be in the Finals and like the teams you mentioned, have no chance at winning a championship.

A lot of times, it's pure luck of the draw just to get to the Conference Finals. Sometimes, like the '13 Grizzlies, you catch a significant injury break (Westbrook). Other times, like the '16 and '17 Raptors, it depends on whether you run into a team you can't beat before then or not.

It's a nice benchmark, especially if you haven't been that far in a long time or ever, but in and of itself, it doesn't make you a contender.

Brazil
03-12-2018, 04:08 PM

:lmao

coachmac87
03-12-2018, 05:17 PM
:lmao The NBA isn't like the other leagues. You can be in the Finals and like the teams you mentioned, have no chance at winning a championship.

A lot of times, it's pure luck of the draw just to get to the Conference Finals. Sometimes, like the '13 Grizzlies, you catch a significant injury break (Westbrook). Other times, like the '16 and '17 Raptors, it depends on whether you run into a team you can't beat before then or not.

It's a nice benchmark, especially if you haven't been that far in a long time or ever, but in and of itself, it doesn't make you a contender.

Seriously just stop trying to justify or save yourself...

You’ve already been called out for being a cliffjumper..