PDA

View Full Version : Good News / Bad News

Spurtacular
03-11-2018, 07:05 PM
The good news: Eight teams within three and a half games fighting for a plentiful six playoff spots; and the Spurs have ten of remaining sixteen games at home

The bad news: The Spurs suck, and the NBA predictably gave them the toughest remaining schedule.

K...
03-11-2018, 07:56 PM
In the past a strong Spurs team would have welcomed this test to get them into playoff shape. This is not a strong spurs team

spurs10
03-12-2018, 01:46 AM
The cards will fall where they fall. To paraphrase the OP ‘The Warriors do not want to face a healthy Spurs team in the first round of the playoffs!’

TimDunkem
03-12-2018, 01:50 AM
^ The Spurs will not get completely healthy AND be ready to take on a team like GS this year. In fact, the Spurs look to be one of the easier teams to beat right now.

spurs10
03-12-2018, 02:24 AM
Tim Dunkem I agree. As I said ‘let the cards fall.’ OP had posted something and I agree ‘If Kawhi returns and gets to full speed (unlikely) the GSW would be very concerned about us.’

Dex
03-12-2018, 01:49 PM
Right now, there are 8 teams vying for the last 6 spots....Portland, New Orleans, Minnesota, San Antonio, OKC, Utah, Clippers, and Denver. The Lakers are currently 6.5 games behind Utah, so they are likely out of the hunt barring some crazy shit.

As of right now, 1.5 games separates the 4th spot from the 10th spot, and many of these teams will face off with each other down the stretch, meaning one or the other is guaranteed to take a loss.

Here is a breakdown of how many games each of these 8 teams has against each other:

Spurs - 7 games
Blazers - 7 games
Pelicans - 5 games
Timberwolves - 5 games
Thunder - 5 games
Clippers - 8 games
Jazz - 4 games
Nuggets - 5 games

The Spurs making the playoffs will likely hinge on how they fare against these bubble teams.

Spurtacular
03-19-2018, 07:37 PM
Things have gotten a bit better, tbh. I'm now leaning more likely we make the playoffs.

ducks
03-19-2018, 08:14 PM
Spurs could win 50 games this year for like the 20 year in row they suck compared to other years but still better then most teams