PDA

View Full Version : Pop and Kawhi to meet - TH not a lock for him to play

Rummpd
03-13-2018, 08:30 AM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22738468/kawhi-leonard-gregg-popovich-assessing-readiness

San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said he'll speak to Kawhi Leonard on Tuesday when the team returns home following its 109-93 loss to the Houston Rockets. It's expected the club could gain some clarity about the star forward's potential return to the lineup.

"I'll see Kawhi [Tuesday]," Popovich said. "We'll see how he's feeling, and see how ready he is, and see how ready I think he is. And we'll go from there."

The team has targeted a home matchup on Thursday against the New Orleans Pelicans as the date for Leonard's potential return, according to multiple sources, as first reported by ESPN's Lisa Salters.

Editor's Picks

Spurs come up empty on road trip, leaving them in an unfamiliar position

The San Antonio Spurs have lost 11 of their past 14 games, and now they are faced with an uphill climb to make the postseason with the regular season winding down.

Sources: Kawhi could return for Spurs on Thu.

Kawhi Leonard could be available for the San Antonio Spurs as early as Thursday's game against the New Orleans Pelicans, sources tell ESPN's Lisa Salters. A leg injury has kept Leonard out of all but nine games so far this season.

The Spurs (37-30) have lost 11 of their past 14 games and fell to the 10th spot in the Western Conference standings with Monday's loss.

Popovich was asked on Saturday about the report of Leonard's return, and said, "Well good for them. I'm glad they're reporting that. I don't know what they reported. I don't hear. I don't worry about reports." CONTINUED SEE LINK

SuperCam
03-13-2018, 08:34 AM
of course he not going to play. why suit up rusty by the time you get back in decent game shape spurms on the outside looking in for playoffs? too much pressure to look healthy otherwise he would endanger supermax offer. better to force PATFO to offer supermax first before playing again. same reason top qb doesn't throw at combine.

YGWHI
03-13-2018, 08:42 AM
We all know if Kawhi wouldn't have a lot at stake this next summer, he wouldn't/shouldn't play with his quad condition until next season.

It's in his interest to play to get a massive deal done. But with remaining only 15 games? I can't see the point in playing him injured/rusty af at this point of the season.

picnroll
03-13-2018, 09:59 AM
Has he even practiced with the team?

Amuseddaysleeper
03-13-2018, 10:13 AM
Has he even practiced with the team?

He's done 3 on 3 drills but not with his teammates.

hater
03-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Will pop bing toilet paper and examinate his technique???

HarlemHeat37
03-13-2018, 10:16 AM

:lmao omg..

spursistan
03-13-2018, 10:20 AM
holy shit :lmao

spursistan
03-13-2018, 10:21 AM
my nigga hater with shtick-cum-call of the decade :lol

peacemaker885
03-13-2018, 11:57 AM
San Antonio Spurs

Verified account
spurs
5m5 minutes ago
More
Kawhi Leonard (return from injury management) is out for tonight’s Spurs-Magic game.

SAGirl
03-13-2018, 12:06 PM
Well it’s over right?

Hoops Czar
03-13-2018, 12:26 PM
San Antonio Spurs

Verified account
spurs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=1680)
5m5 minutes ago
More
Kawhi Leonard (return from injury management) is out for tonight’s Spurs-Magic game.

What a miraculous return for LMA. He certainly returned from a sore right knee pretty quickly.

loveforthegame
03-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Well it’s over right?

Thursday was the target date according to Woj I thought? If he misses that then I don’t expect him back.

SAGirl
03-13-2018, 12:38 PM
Thursday was the target date according to Woj I thought? If he misses that then I don’t expect him back.
Ok roger that. I wasn’t sure.

monkeypunk
03-13-2018, 12:53 PM

I'd give him that game or the two after to return before writing him off for the season.

sasaint
03-13-2018, 12:57 PM
I'd give him that game or the two after to return before writing him off for the season.

Will definitely be a home game or not at all.

polandprzem
03-13-2018, 12:59 PM
We all know if Kawhi wouldn't have a lot at stake this next summer, he wouldn't/shouldn't play with his quad condition until next season.

It's in his interest to play to get a massive deal done. But with remaining only 15 games? I can't see the point in playing him injured/rusty af at this point of the season.

Was that not you saying this injury is not as bad and Leonard will come back and kick ass.

Right now it looks like an injury that might not never go away

SpursDynasty85
03-13-2018, 01:31 PM
of course he not going to play. why suit up rusty by the time you get back in decent game shape spurms on the outside looking in for playoffs? too much pressure to look healthy otherwise he would endanger supermax offer. better to force PATFO to offer supermax first before playing again. same reason top qb doesn't throw at combine.

Ok. So Kawhi hasn't played basketball really for almost a year except 9 games which he clearly did not look 100% because of a chronic non-impact injury that he will have to live with the rest of his career and doesn't play this year. Even if he does not want to play for the Spurs I just don't see him taking a risk and playing on a 1-year contract. Spurs should not sign him to the Supermax nor would any team want to trade him and offer a super max unless they see he is playing at near 100% imo. He HAS to come back. The longer he sits the more concerns and hoopla circus BS stays.

BackHome
03-13-2018, 03:08 PM
It’s stupid for the Spurs to let him play he is not in game shape. If he gets hurt again no way can you trade him and get real value. If he does play and not get hurt he will what play in six games probably averaging 7-15 minutes nope just shut him down. I

lmbebo
03-13-2018, 03:44 PM
Spurs aren't looking to trade him. We will never get fair value back. Team trading away the superior talent always comes out short.

Let him play. He'll be on a min and game restriction most likely. I'm not sure what kind of impact he can make with 13? games left. If he had played the majority of the year and had been out for 2-3 weeks, I think he could have a bigger impact in these final games. But he really hasn't played all year. Don't expect him to come out like he was last year.

DieHardSpursFan1537
03-13-2018, 04:02 PM
He still can't wipe his ass so don't expect a return anytime soon.

UZER
03-13-2018, 04:12 PM
Pop is going to hold him out an extra game just so Lisa Salters is wrong. Or the whole season just to flex his muscles.

coachmac87
03-13-2018, 04:24 PM
What a miraculous return for LMA. He certainly returned from a sore right knee pretty quickly.

Rockets wasn’t a winnable game regardless...only thing certain is LMA has a bum knee.

This is injury management 101 which is something we should be familiar with..

Dingle Barry
03-13-2018, 04:25 PM
Maybe a dumb question, but why doesn't Kawhi travel with the team? You'd think for $20 million he could at least provide moral support and be a real part of the team.

Dingle Barry
03-13-2018, 04:27 PM
Spurs aren't looking to trade him. We will never get fair value back. Team trading away the superior talent always comes out short.

Let him play. He'll be on a min and game restriction most likely. I'm not sure what kind of impact he can make with 13? games left. If he had played the majority of the year and had been out for 2-3 weeks, I think he could have a bigger impact in these final games. But he really hasn't played all year. Don't expect him to come out like he was last year.
We will if he demands a trade.

TDomination
03-13-2018, 04:35 PM
Spurs' Kawhi Leonard will not return Thursday against Pelicans

Per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22749350/san-antonio-spurs-f-kawhi-leonard-not-return-thursday-new-orleans-pelicans

Hoops Czar
03-13-2018, 04:54 PM
Spurs' Kawhi Leonard will not return Thursday against Pelicans

Per ESPN

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/22749350/san-antonio-spurs-f-kawhi-leonard-not-return-thursday-new-orleans-pelicans

B-b-but I thought it was Kawhi's call? Doctors cleared him months ago. "He'll tell me when he's ready to play." :pop:

Damn fool of a head coach has zero creditability with me.

Hoops Czar
03-13-2018, 04:57 PM
Rockets wasn’t a winnable game regardless...only thing certain is LMA has a bum knee.

This is injury management 101 which is something we should be familiar with..

He has a bum knee because Pop says he has a bum knee. Personally, if Pop says it's raining outside, I have to look out the window to see it it's true. Pop's word means absolutely nothing.

phxspurfan
03-13-2018, 05:03 PM

post of the year tbh

lmbebo
03-14-2018, 08:56 AM
We will if he demands a trade.

That is a different scenario entirely. Above post was spurs looking to get rid of him.

YGWHI
03-14-2018, 09:29 AM
Was that not you saying this injury is not as bad and Leonard will come back and kick ass.

Right now it looks like an injury that might not never go away

I said it wasn't a career-ending injury like some people here said.

I also said, he was working so hard to return this season when people said he doesn't want play for the Spurs anymore.

It was true. He wants to return and is working for it.

What I never said was he "will come back and kick ass". He'll be rusty af...His quad isn't well, he needs more aggressive treatments that only in offseason he can receive...

I'm not worried about his health, his quad will be fine after this next offseason. I'm worried about playing him just 14-15 games this season...I can't see the point of taking that risk.

polandprzem
03-14-2018, 09:39 AM
I said it wasn't a career-ending injury like some people here said. I also said, he was working so hard to return this season when people said he doesn't want play for the Spurs anymore.

It was true. He wants to return and is working for it.

What I never said was he "will come back and kick ass". He'll be rusty af...His quad isn't well, he needs more aggressive treatments that only in offseason he can receive...

I'm not worried about his health, his quad will be fine after this next offseason. I'm worried about playing him just 14-15 games this season...I can't see the point of taking that risk.

So okay losing the whole season because of this injury is not a possibility to weigh on his career?
You seem to be so sure he will come back when he is fighting one injury which does not seem like a big one an have mistery.

he comes back and sits, then he is unsure when he will be back. Going elsewhere to get 2nd opinion on his condition etc. To me we can't be sure he will be back in full force tbh. I am not saying it's career ending injury but it just not looking very well.

Anyway I agree that we do not know what is going on there tbh. And of course a guy like Leonard whats to compete but we can question his judgment at this point not having details what's wrong with his body.

YGWHI
03-14-2018, 10:10 AM
So okay losing the whole season because of this injury is not a possibility to weigh on his career?
You seem to be so sure he will come back when he is fighting one injury which does not seem like a big one an have mistery.

he comes back and sits, then he is unsure when he will be back. Going elsewhere to get 2nd opinion on his condition etc. To me we can't be sure he will be back in full force tbh. I am not saying it's career ending injury but it just not looking very well.

Anyway I agree that we do not know what is going on there tbh. And of course a guy like Leonard whats to compete but we can question his judgment at this point not having details what's wrong with his body.

Just talking about other quad's injuries...Like Reggie Jackson, Blake Griffin, etc.

They weren't career-ending but took long time to heal.

I always talked about the importance of offseason treatment because -for example-if doctors and the player opt for platelet-rich plasma therapy, it's only in summer when there is enough time to recover. This process -like many others- isn't that successful in the regular season.

Kawhi didn't get it last summer, I'm sure he'll receive a more aggresive treatment this next offseason.

If he's 70% now, I have no doubt he'll be 100% in Octuber.

duncan2k5
03-14-2018, 10:10 AM
I'm not worried about his long term health either... Dude is a warrior... If he wants to be 100% to come back strong, so be it... He deserves it... Pop hasn't been doing the best by him for some time... He is the most babies superstar, and on top of that, we surround him with trash... He is just so great that he can carry us... And pop out coaches everyone who has trash teams, so we end up with great records even though Kawhi plays the least minutes of the megastars...

Dude always shows up in the playoffs and has never let us down... So if he feels something isn't right, he deserves the benefit of the doubt

polandprzem
03-14-2018, 11:07 AM
Just talking about other quad's injuries...Like Reggie Jackson, Blake Griffin, etc.

They weren't career-ending but took long time to heal.

I always talked about the importance of offseason treatment because -for example-if doctors and the player opt for platelet-rich plasma therapy, it's only in summer when there is enough time to recover. This process -like many others- isn't that successful in the regular season.

Kawhi didn't get it last summer, I'm sure he'll receive a more aggresive treatment this next offseason.

If he's 70% now, I have no doubt he'll be 100% in Octuber.

Let's see if this is the case with Kawhi tbh. He had all summer to prepare for a season after Zaza injury and he never came back.

At this point he might risk another injury playing unhealthy as he said

YGWHI
03-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Let's see if this is the case with Kawhi tbh. He had all summer to prepare for a season after Zaza injury and he never came back.
True. But there were many factors that contributed to mishandle his injury in last summer. That's why he didn't get any specific, aggressive quad treatment.
After missing a whole season, without a doubt, he'll finally receive the treatment that his quad needs in the offseaon.

At this point he might risk another injury playing unhealthy as he said
Not only Kawhi. I guess every player playing unhealthy puts the health of his body at risk. They can aggravate the old injury or eventually develop a new injury after favoring one leg

polandprzem
03-15-2018, 07:28 AM
fcourse :toast

BillMc
03-15-2018, 08:36 AM
Here's what Pop said about Kawhi Leonard's potential return: "Like anybody else, he's frustrated. He wants to be playing. He's competitive. It's been a tough year for him in that regard. But the first step is he's got to be cleared by his medical staff that he's seeing. And until he gets cleared, we can't make a decision on when he's coming back. So once he gets cleared, then he and I can sit down and talk, and see what we think about an appropriate time to come back. But that clearance has to be obtained first." "Nothing overrides the medical staff. That's a negotiation between the player and the coach to figure out what's best. He knows very well our history is pretty documented, if we're going to err, we're going to err on the conservative side because his career is going to be of paramount importance to us. It's not the game or the playoffs or this or that. It's the same like with Tim [Duncan]. He hurt a knee one year, and we didn't let him go in the playoffs. I don't know that that could be this situation. We don't know. But his career will be paramount in our thinking as we make a decision." "I've seen him working out. He needs a little bit more work."

r0drig0lac
03-15-2018, 08:47 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/toast.gif the relationship between them seems fine to me

spurs10
03-15-2018, 11:39 AM
Thanks Bill! That about says it all! With his ‘career going to be of paramount importance to us’ being the operative phrase. I’m hoping he is ready to play soon, as there are still a lot of games to be played, but I get it with the big picture....what will be will be.
:toast

sasaint
03-15-2018, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Bill.

I think "needs a little bit more work" is the key phrase. Along with the Duncan allusion, I think this is a strong indication that Kawhi is very unlikely to play anything other than a few token minutes this season.

bklynspursfan
03-15-2018, 12:02 PM
HOTS

"We have what 14, games left?" Parker said after shootaround. "So it's getting closer and closer that at some point it makes no sense (to bring him back). He didn't play for like two or three months. He didn't play for eight months, technically."

https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-fast-approaching-point-of-no-return-with-12755955.php

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:09 PM
Can they just fuckin' end this circus show and declare him out once and for all? The whole saga has gotten too tiresome, tbh.

He couldn't heal in 6 months; he won't in another week or two..

rjv
03-15-2018, 12:13 PM
can't imagine how crazy things would have been if social media and ST were around when tim was going through his meniscus tear issue. would have been a total meltdown.

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:14 PM
Looks like Parker and his teammates were told he is done for real this time..They are just playing with fans' hopes to sell the tickets..

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:15 PM

CROFL..

djohn2oo8
03-15-2018, 12:16 PM

CROFL..
WTF?

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:18 PM
WTF?
I wouldn't be shocked if he retires before age 30. He is making AD look like an ironman :lol..

Ice009
03-15-2018, 12:19 PM
https://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-fast-approaching-point-of-no-return-with-12755955.php

Asked if Leonard has been upgraded from 3-on-3 work to 5-on-5 scrimmaging, Parker said, "I have no idea. He isn't practicing with us."

Just great. I still wanted him to come back.

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:23 PM
The amount of disgust in that Parker response is rather palpable :lol..

vander
03-15-2018, 12:24 PM

CROFL..

Sounds like Parker's annoyed about it too. He could easily keep up to date on Kawhi's practices, and give a vague pacifying answer, but instead...

spursistan
03-15-2018, 12:53 PM
:lmao at anyone who thinks Kawhi will leave the supermax on the table when he still can't get his ass back on court in time, on a third attempt, despite his own public vows..

He just sat an entire season at the peak of his powers because of soreness. Can you really imagine this whole process again if tears something and goes under the knife 2-3 years from now?

I'm scared shitless about this guy health outlook going forward. From the wrist to the quad, the best doctors in the world have somehow been stumped by his injuries-- he alone :rolleyes..

Texas_Ranger
03-15-2018, 12:59 PM
LOL @ paying the guy 20M a year and not know anything about him. Not even practicing with team? With who the fuck is he praciticng then. With some kids most likely, cause thats the only way he won't get injured.

JuneJive
03-15-2018, 01:15 PM
Glad we can put this "maybe he want's to leave" nonsense to bed.

This mysterious injury is the only issue here.

SAGirl
03-15-2018, 01:46 PM
Pop had already said he’d be surprised if Kiwi comes back this season and nothing has changed.

The last interview HOTS gave about Kiwi he said he wanted to remain positive and hopeful. His tone has changed. It’s really late into the season and with him not even practicing with the team or cleared by his doctors, this just ain’t happening this year.

Actually, we shall see what happens next season at this point.

NASpurs
03-15-2018, 02:05 PM

CROFL..

:lmao oh yeah, sounds like he's ready to go

Russ
03-15-2018, 02:42 PM
The amount of disgust in that Parker response is rather palpable :lol..

Perhaps because he completely ruptured his quad.

cd98
03-15-2018, 03:24 PM
Can they just fuckin' end this circus show and declare him out once and for all? The whole saga has gotten too tiresome, tbh.

He couldn't heal in 6 months; he won't in another week or two..

It's Andrew Luck ploy. Gotta keep the fan base buying tickets under the suspicion that the Star player is coming back at any minute.

Chillen
03-15-2018, 03:26 PM
Fact that Leonard said he is ready to return and now is not even practicing with team proves there is more to this than we know. Is Kawhi sincere? who knows. Just know this is getting to be a drama at this point. Spurs really need him out there to make the playoffs.

weebo
03-15-2018, 03:36 PM
KL has been running drills, 3 on 3's and rehab'ing with staff/coaches--Pop just using a play out of Bill Parcell's playbook--when media ask about players other than yourself you don't know anything.

spurs10
03-15-2018, 04:56 PM
Looks like Parker and his teammates were told he is done for real this time..They are just playing with fans' hopes to sell the tickets..
This could be true. Either way Tony saying what he is saying in public is telling. He either is taking an educated guess or knows.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-15-2018, 08:21 PM
It's going to make the Super-Max conversation quite interesting for the Spurs FO this summer.

Of course if they're willing to throw away $40M a year on Gasol, Mills and Parker, why not max out Kawhi. Probably still a no-brainer.

weeks
03-15-2018, 08:31 PM
edit: wrong thread

Amuseddaysleeper
03-15-2018, 09:46 PM
edit: wrong thread

BillMc
03-15-2018, 10:01 PM
:toast the relationship between them seems fine to me

Thanks Bill! That about says it all! With his ‘career going to be of paramount importance to us’ being the operative phrase. I’m hoping he is ready to play soon, as there are still a lot of games to be played, but I get it with the big picture....what will be will be.

Thanks, Bill.

I think "needs a little bit more work" is the key phrase. Along with the Duncan allusion, I think this is a strong indication that Kawhi is very unlikely to play anything other than a few token minutes this season.

spursistan
03-16-2018, 11:55 AM

meanwhile..

Spurs da champs
03-16-2018, 01:13 PM
Watch Butler fuck up his knee from coming back too soon and Thibbs not giving a fuck ala Brandon Roy. Sad.

NASpurs
03-16-2018, 02:50 PM
:lol

Leetonidas
03-16-2018, 02:57 PM
Why the spurs even keep bothering with this nonsense. Rule him out already

AztecSpur
03-16-2018, 03:12 PM
Very dissappointed in Kawhi, been waiting for Thurs. for ever it seems. At this point he should just shut it down, I've had his back but I'm sick of it now.

FvckMavs
03-16-2018, 03:30 PM
Pop said Kawhi's medical team didn't clear him yet. WTF? What a drama queen!

daslicer
03-16-2018, 03:38 PM
Very dissappointed in Kawhi, been waiting for Thurs. for ever it seems. At this point he should just shut it down, I've had his back but I'm sick of it now.

I assumed he was not coming back this year after the last game he played this season. Once April arrives it will be obvious that he was never going to play this year.

tholdren
03-16-2018, 04:01 PM
I assumed he was not coming back this year after the last game he played this season. Once April arrives it will be obvious that he was never going to play this year.

Hes a bop

itzsoweezee
03-16-2018, 04:17 PM
This dude is more mentally fragile than markell fultz, a teenager.

I can't believe this franchise is going to trash as a result of this fucking weirdo.

sook
03-16-2018, 04:24 PM
Ok even I’m starting to wonder now. Not good for the guys giving it all everynight...they don’t need this drama surrounding them. Make a decision and that’s it

spursistan
03-16-2018, 04:30 PM
:lmao at anyone who thinks Kawhi will leave the supermax on the table when he still can't get his ass back on court in time, on a third attempt, despite his own public vows..

He just sat an entire season at the peak of his powers because of soreness. Can you really imagine this whole process again if tears something and goes under the knife 2-3 years from now?

I'm scared shitless about this guy health outlook going forward. From the wrist to the quad, the best doctors in the world have somehow been stumped by his injuries-- he alone :rolleyes..

Slippy
03-16-2018, 08:05 PM
Supermax or not. Its a real possibility Kawhi could be having the same issues next season. Im not a health expert but if its always going to be there do spurs want rhe same dramas again like others have pointed out. Can the spurs get an injury exception this time. Is there anything out there that protects the team from rhe risk they about to take in the supermax deal?

SAGirl
03-16-2018, 09:22 PM
Supermax or not. Its a real possibility Kawhi could be having the same issues next season. Im not a health expert but if its always going to be there do spurs want rhe same dramas again like others have pointed out. Can the spurs get an injury exception this time. Is there anything out there that protects the team from rhe risk they about to take in the supermax deal?
Could have gotten an injury exception if Kiwi hadn’t been expected to play “any minute now...”. Maybe it was a potential issue of friction at one point with the Spurs organization... It’s never been discussed and that should be private, but Pop could have just ruled Kiwi out for the rest of the season, since he didn’t even think he’d be back in time to begin with. He didn’t do that I assume to allow Kiwi the small chance to come back, but he said it was very unlikely and so far he seems to have been correct. Very concerning stuff.

cd98
03-16-2018, 10:02 PM
Well Kawhi ain’t coming back.

Keepin' it real
03-16-2018, 10:10 PM
Well Kawhi ain’t coming back.

Really? Well I guess that settles it. I'll alert the press. :wakeup

TimDunkem
03-16-2018, 10:12 PM
This won't end until the season does. PATFO needs the public to believe that he will come back so they can keep selling tickets. The org. is already hemorrhaging money.

Snaq O'Meal
03-16-2018, 10:56 PM
This won't end until the season does. PATFO needs the public to believe that he will come back so they can keep selling tickets. The org. is already hemorrhaging money.

If PATFO really care about selling tickets, maybe they should sign real players instead of circus midgets.

TimDunkem
03-16-2018, 11:17 PM
If PATFO really care about selling tickets, maybe they should sign real players instead of circus midgets.

Agreed, but there are just enough fat casuals who are perfectly okay with chumps like Fatty Mills, Bryn Forbes, and Gasoft to keep PATFO content.

offset formation
03-16-2018, 11:17 PM
The org. is already hemorrhaging money.

Source for this?

TimDunkem
03-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Source for this?

Google it. They lost money last season. Can't imagine what's happening now with this joke roster and mediocre regular season.

spurs10
03-17-2018, 01:38 AM
I don’t think anyone involved is scrambling for rent.

If PATFO really care about selling tickets, maybe they should sign real players instead of circus midgets. Yeah those damn midgets!
Short people got no reason
To live
:lol

cd98
03-17-2018, 08:31 AM
Logic. If Kawhi doesn’t think he’s 100%, why bring him back for now less than 12 games, which isn’t enough to get in shape and will only destroy what little chemistry the Spurs have. If the Spurs were fighting for a top 3 seed, then maybe because he would have a little more time to play into shape in the first round. But Spurs being a 7 or 8 seed only means they get swept in the first round while Kawhi plays 15 minutes. Or, just as likely, the Spurs miss the playoffs. It’s a lost year for Kawhi.

John B
03-17-2018, 09:35 AM
Kawhi needs to prove he deserves the Supermax contract and the face of the franchise. It was handed to him in golden platter from Drob to Timvp and now to him. That’s like 29 years of getting in the playoffs, except when Drob really hurt his knee, emphasis on the really hurt, and not soreness. If Spurs get to 6th seed with Kawhi, I think they take Portland. Just not Rockets or Dubs in the first round. But Kawhi needs to get back soon, hopefully against limping Dubs on Monday. :flag:

Ice009
03-17-2018, 10:02 AM
If the injury can't get much worse playing on it, then he absolutely NEEDS to come back. He's got all off-season to rehab it. How much rest does he freaking need for an injury that isn't a tear or break? If it doesn't get any worse by playing on it, then he should give it a go because the Spurs really need him. They have a chance to do something with him, because without him they don't really have a chance to do anything. There's not much point in making the playoffs without him. The only thing I'd be interested in is giving the young guys court time in the playoffs (for experience) if they do make it without him and he's shut down for the season. I don't see the point in playing the vets as I'm not sure they can win a first series without him. However, if he still wants to try and come back in the playoffs, then I'd go all out and try and win the first round series to buy him some more time.

I'm pretty much decided on, even if he comes back in April or the playoffs, the Spurs would still be better off with him than without him.

KDKSpurs24
03-17-2018, 10:09 AM
If the injury can't get much worse playing on it, then he absolutely NEEDS to come back. He's got all off-season to rehab it. How much rest does he freaking need for an injury that isn't a tear or break? If it doesn't get any worse by playing on it, then he should give it a go because the Spurs really need him. They have a chance to do something with him, because without him they don't really have a chance to do anything. There's not much point in making the playoffs without him. The only thing I'd be interested in is giving the young guys court time in the playoffs (for experience) if they do make it without him and he's shut down for the season. I don't see the point in playing the vets as I'm not sure they can win a first series without him. However, if he still wants to try and come back in the playoffs, then I'd go all out and try and win the first round series to buy him some more time.

I'm pretty much decided on, even if he comes back in April or the playoffs, the Spurs would still be better off with him than without him.
I was just thinking about something like this.. If you’re able to do “intense workouts” to rehab it then shouldn’t playing on it make it able to get better too? That might help it more than anything at this point.

acoelho1
03-17-2018, 10:36 AM
You have to question Kawhi’s competitiveness. Seeing his team fight for their lives while he sits and offers no real explanation of why he has sat out for most of the year. All we get is soon whenever he speaks and if you hadn’t healed by now, I doubt it will happen in the next week or 2. So disappointment with his lack of engagement with the fans. If you can’t trust the most conservative medical staff in the league then there are bigger issues to resolve. I’m really over this issue but would still welcome him back.

YGWHI
03-17-2018, 10:37 AM
Logic. If Kawhi doesn’t think he’s 100%
I guess Pop said his doctors didn't cleared him yet.

I doubt those doctors would put at risk their integrity and professionalism lying to an NBA coach of Pop's level. For what reason would they do it?

Kawhi's working so hard to return but he's not practicing with the team yet and there is not much time left...

Also Pop talked about sitting Tim in 2001 in a way that makes me doubt about him letting Kawhi play this season. Like Parker said it makes no sense to bring him back at this point of the season.

MultiTroll
03-17-2018, 10:39 AM
I don't question Kawhi competitiveness and toughness.

I think the knee is seriously jacked up.
He may never be the same.

offset formation
03-17-2018, 11:30 AM
Google it. They lost money last season. Can't imagine what's happening now with this joke roster and mediocre regular season.

Thanks for the guidance.

I followed your advice and found out you're basically speaking out of your ass.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/san-antonio-spurs/

Thanks Google. I learned a lot today. Summary: They're doing fine...better than most actually, which given we are a smaller market, means we are heavily overperforming our position.

I'm not sure why people come here to be miserable.

TimDunkem
03-17-2018, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the guidance.

I followed your advice and found out you're basically speaking out of your ass.

https://www.forbes.com/teams/san-antonio-spurs/

Thanks Google. I learned a lot today. Summary: They're doing fine...better than most actually, which given we are a smaller market, means we are heavily overperforming our position.

I'm not sure why people come here to be miserable.
They lost money last season after revenue sharing. It was widely reported. Guess you were living under a rock at the time.

UZER
03-17-2018, 01:39 PM
They lost money last season after revenue sharing. It was widely reported. Guess you were living under a rock at the time.

It’s Pop’s Robin Hood master plan. Steal from the rich and give to the Patty.

DPG21920
03-17-2018, 02:44 PM

I don’t find what you are saying to be widely accepeted at all.

dabom
03-17-2018, 03:01 PM
It says right there "Revenue". :lol

Spurs be making money. :lol

Slippy
03-18-2018, 01:42 AM
Could have gotten an injury exception if Kiwi hadn’t been expected to play “any minute now...”. Maybe it was a potential issue of friction at one point with the Spurs organization... It’s never been discussed and that should be private, but Pop could have just ruled Kiwi out for the rest of the season, since he didn’t even think he’d be back in time to begin with. He didn’t do that I assume to allow Kiwi the small chance to come back, but he said it was very unlikely and so far he seems to have been correct. Very concerning stuff.

Ya it is . Spurs really have no choice but to supermax . Theres always the risk he the same next season so it could end up being a costly gamble. Thats why i was wondering is there anything that can protect the spurs. Injury exception wont cut it becuase spurs wont have a timeline for this type of injury.. pls correct me if im wrong on this ... for the contract experts